Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Obbl »

Some people are naturally very touch oriented. They like physical contact. And when people get drunk, their personalities become more exaggerated. She may have just wanted to hang out with you and (being drunk) felt comfortable clinging to you.
Regardless, as Sleet mentioned, she's in a relationship, so you can't pursue her currently. It may be best to remind yourself that actively analyzing if there was any deeper meaning to her actions can only lead to future problems. Right now she's a friend. If she gets clingy again and you feel uncomfortable about it, you can always keep telling her (and keep telling her) that she needs to leave you some personal space.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

I know that and im not pursuing anything and never wanted.
Im not the kind of guy to ruin a relationship for his own good.
I just dont really know how to cope with this now.
Like i said i never was good with this stuff.
I also know that there are people who like being physical close to each other especially when drunk.
But till now there also was a difference between close like clinging to your arm and pulling you somewhere or
holding on to you and close like leaning on to you with their face close enough to feel their breath.
But well we will see what will happen when we meet next time.
Maybe it was her being drunk. Maybe i am projecting to much in it.
Only time will tell i guess.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

This may seem odd, but if she went to you when drunk and ********* then she either likes you and hides it when shes sober, or thought of you like someone else. Point being, i'd say ask her out when she is sober and if she says yes then shes just going to dump the other guy anyways...and you get your girl ;)

sorrow, I have so much work that I can no longer sleep at night and itll never be done, this year I have been pounded to the wall.

Mod Edit: Do not use words outside the level appropriateness for the forums
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Never ask out a taken person. Also, I wouldn't think anything of it if she never did anything while sober. Don't take advantage of people's intoxication.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:This may seem odd, but if she went to you when drunk and ********* then she either likes you and hides it when shes sober, or thought of you like someone else. Point being, i'd say ask her out when she is sober and if she says yes then shes just going to dump the other guy anyways...and you get your girl
That sounds like bad teenager logic. It would not be that straight forward, life never is. Best case scenario, you're encouraging the other party to cheat which given they'd be in a relationship with you now is now your problem, good luck fixing it without looking like a hypocrite. Worst case, you destroy multiple relationships including your own with a single sentence.

Don't try it. Don't do anything, avoid the entire debacle. Assume it was a moment of drunken stupidity and forget about it.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Joy: Just got our Xbox 360 fixed (again). Hopefully this time it'll last at least a year before it breaks down again.
Bigger Joy: We just got our new TV all set up in our living room. It's all big and cool looking, we could even watch YouTube on it.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

@Shadow Congratz in fixing your Xbox.

@Buster and Sleet. Like i said. I did not and never will risk destroying a relationship.

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Scary thing about drinking is i've seen it get taken too far so easily. I tend to make it certain if a drunk person ever tries to get emotional that you make sure they don't do anything dumb and never let what they say be taken personally.

that being said - try not to take something personal when someone is drunk and make sure they don't do anything stupid. Like Captain Jack stupid.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Joy: It finally snowed! Yay! :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: We still haven't had snow all winter. :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: We still haven't had snow all winter. :(
winter hasn't actually started yet. it hasn't snowed all fall :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ShadowLightning

Big Joy: I got on the Dean's List in the previous semester! I was even the top 1 in my college! :D
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Congratz on that Shadow.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Congrats! Keep up the hard work! Future-you will thank present-you!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congrats Shadow.
ShadowLightning

Thanks, guys. :P

Sorrow: Guess what broke down (again) after less than an hour of playing? Oh well, guess it was inevitable. Our Xbox 360 is about 5 years old already. I just feel really bad since my mom paid a lot of money to have it fixed the first time. But I suppose there's no point in crying over spilled milk.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, maybe look at it this way Shadow. Instead of paying someone to fix it again, you could try researching what the problem is and see if it's something you could maybe fix yourself? I mean, it seems pretty clear to me that at this point, the smart choice is to stop paying people to fix it any just buy another one if you really want to play the 360 games (I'm sure you can probably find a good one somewhere for an okay price), but if you have any interest at all in learning about electronics on a more technical level, maybe use this to your advantage. I'm sure that whatever is wrong with it, there are a more than a few guides on how to fix it that may be worth trying yourself for no other reason than it can't hurt anything.

If you fix it, great! If not, oh well. Not like it was working anyway, right?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: so i'm forced to deal with billing information at work due to contract changes. The issue is i'm not exactly comfy with billing information at work since i'm dealing with other people's creditcard information and i'm afraid to make changes to it. I have to be taught repeatedly sometimes in order to remember it.

However, it seems like someone can't stand repeating the steps to me for me to remember and it's becoming a hassle. As much as i try to remember, i'm apparantly not meeting their standards for learning how to remember billing information. can't jot this information down anymore either since work has become a no pencil and paper zone now. How would someone handle this?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well I'd probably use a note in my smart phone but I know that's not an option for you. any way you can take note of it in a computer? or get a cheap digital voice recorder to take verbal notes while not at a computer.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Use to be, but they had to lock up desktop notepads. Granted, i could start to use e-mail notepads. Just not as reliable i find.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Sorrow: I'm so scared. There's been rumors that there's gonna be a school shooting tomorrow at the high school and everyone is scared. There's been cops patrolling the halls since Tuesday and lots of people are not going tomorrow. I might have to go because I don't want to take more finals if I'm absent. We've been doing training for situations like this but it's still a scary thing to imagine.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't risk it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

That sounds terrifying. The school teachers gotta be okay with you being absent, right?
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

I'm thinking they should be ok with me not going. A LOT of people are not going anyway. I don't want to risk it either but idk. I'm so shook. They might cancel school but I doubt it. I'm just going to keep a lookout for anything.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Try to keep updated on if they find whoever started those rumors.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

I will. It's still not sure if it's true or just a hoax. On Monday I think they found writing in the boys bathroom saying "school shooting 12-15-16." All the principals went and cops did too. Everyone's been checking hall passes and such. It may not even happen tomorrow. We had a pep assembly scheduled on Friday for a basketball game and people think it could happen there too.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I wouldn't risk it either. With the ways been lately, i wouldn't take chances either.

Joy: Mom won $700 in Bingo! Feels like a silly thing, but glad she won in Bingo lately. x3

*insert jokes about buying a Nintendo Switch*
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy: im done with all my finals! (Even though I failed the geometry final but I still have a B.) And the semester is over! I can finally relax and enjoy the holidays. Oh and nothing happened at school. It was most likely just some kid with nothing better to do than to write on the bathroom wall.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Frustrated: I had to get one of my Japanese coworkers to deal with calling the shipping company to get them to reship my package, and they haven't shown up in the specified time window, which means I just sat around for 2 hours for nothing and now am unsure if I should wait to see if they'll turn up late or if I should just go shopping (which I need to do today before the end of the year party tonight). :evil: Not a happy customer.
ShadowLightning

Joy: We got a dog! Well, it's my older sister's, but it's still pretty cool. She's a Mini Pinscher, only two months old.
Sorrow: My older sister's been going out a lot, leaving me to clean up after Louie(the dog) whenever she poops or pee.
Another Sorrow: Our Christmas break got cut short by a whole week, meaning I'll be starting classes sooner than others.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Deep Sorrow: My great uncle passed away. :(

This came at a surprise for us. Heart failure.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that Cobra. :(

May your great uncle rest in peace.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: hahah this was three months ago, but I'm now studying abroad in the UK. Got into a pretty good uni!
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

GameCobra wrote:Deep Sorrow: My great uncle passed away. :(

This came at a surprise for us. Heart failure.
Sorry to hear that GC. My deepest condolences.
May he Rest in Peace.
deepskycyan wrote:Joy: hahah this was three months ago, but I'm now studying abroad in the UK. Got into a pretty good uni!
Congratz on that Cyan.

Sorrow: I have on-call duty this week. Which means i have to be at my company from today to friday from 9 to 3 due to the holidays. Would rather stay at home. But since i do have on-call duty i cant take days off so i have to sit around here and wait for someone to call the IT-ServiceDesk or ring at the door. Which is pretty boring.

Joy: Nothing happened so far which means i can lay back a bit and watch Series or something else.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Had a great time New Year's Eve with my friends!

Sorrow: I'm sick today...
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Despite being very intimidated and scared by it, I've decided I'm going to give RPs a try!
More Joy: Over the course of the last few weeks, I got 7 games.
Greater Joy: I've decided to post again after being gone for almost 6 months.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
ShadowLightning

Joy: I got a PS3! :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I'm off work tomorrow, and I'm finally recovering from being sick.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: Great Grandma died couple of days ago. Sad to see her go but she lived a long life. Gonna miss her a lot, but at least I've got photos and memories. Funeral was yesterday, couldn't attend unfortunately. She was the central point of the family, so I'm wondering how the family reunions are going to be.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

My prayers go to her, Deske :(

Joy: Started to finally get into a weight lifting schedule to get me into not being so worn out easily ~ only to find out i'm doing it wrong. apparantly you are suppose to time it, not count it. x3