Post by Radio Blue Heart »

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."
-Morticia Addams
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Your Favorite Quotes

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. -Betty Reese

The fairest rules are those to which everyone would agree if they did not know how much power they would have. -John Rawls

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Don’t read what they write about you, just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

Put one dumb foot in front of the other and course-correct as you go. -Barry Diller
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm as old as my nose and a little bit older than my teeth." - Mr Humphries - "Are You Being Served"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Dang, I must be a genius..... Double Demon Fang! -Zelos Wilder, Tales of Symphonia
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

"In vain have I struggled ... it will not do. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." -Mr. Darcy

"You all laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same."- John Davis

"I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

"Take him and cut him out in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine, that all the world will be in love with night." - Romeo & Juliet

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." - Princess Bride
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

"Aaaand here he is at last! The hero of our little drama. Just in time for the thrilling climax! But wait, a twist! The "hero" isn't one at all. In fact, he never was! Really, Otto, you're just embarrassing yourself with this charade. Granted, you were never on my level, but being a bad guy suited you. Saving that little lady is your last remaining achievement as Spider-Man. When it all goes boom, you'll have nothing left! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
"Except the dignity of knowing I never carried a man purse."
(beat)
"It's you."
"The one and only."
-Superior Spider-Man 31
Avi colored by me. Lineart from here.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

“O senseless man, who cannot possibly make a worm and yet will make Gods by the dozen!” - Michel de Montaigne

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” - Henry David Thoreau

“The liar’s punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.” - George Bernard Shaw

“If you don’t make a total commitment to whatever you’re doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It’s tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his life jacket on.” - Lou Holtz

“The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.” - John Vance Cheney
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"'Lost' is such a negative term. I prefer... 'Temporarily misplaced along the scenic route'." - Marianne Hunter Thornberry, The Wild Thornberrys
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
Joseph Roux

If you have to eat a frog, don’t look at it for too long.
Mark Twain

It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it.
Sam Levenson

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Panda Panda Panda
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Wooster: "The bally bally-ness of it all is so bally... Bally!"
Jeeves: *looks confused*
- Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry as Wooster and Jeeves in Jeeves and Wooster.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I could think that I had sent a spark to those who come after I should be ready to say Goodbye.

--Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

The first thing a man will do for his ideals is lie.

--Joseph A. Schumpeter

Certainly, it is a world of scarcity. But the scarcity is not confined to iron ore and arable land. The most constricting scarcities are those of character and personality.

--William R. Allen

Everybody has asked the question. . ."What shall we do with the respectable individual?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the respectable individual cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!

--Frederick Douglass

From my earliest childhood I have been toiling & wearing my heart out for other people, who took all I could do & suffer for them as no more than their just dues.

--John Randolph
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice. There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia." - Frank Zappa
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I meant what I said and I said what I meant. - Dr. Seuss

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. - Bruce Lee

I'm so happy because today I found my friends - they're in my head. - Kurt Cobain

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them. - Bob Dylan

Your child is never not your child. You can be 90 and your mother 120, but your mother is still worried about you. - Joan Rivers
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

"I wouldn't do that if I was you. Might lose a finger and won't be able to count to ten."
-Jaime Escalante

The teacher in Stand and Deliver.

I've been watching Stand and Deliver waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You might end up getting me to watch it if you keep on quoting the movie and making me think its a great movie!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

"If you can't explain what 'You're lying' means by tomorrow, I'll have you demoted to the ranks."

-Ivan the Terrible
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even though we're a week and a half away from Thanksgiving, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. -Richard Roeper

We loved with a love that was more than love. -Edgar Allan Poe

You're not going to say anything about me that I'm not going to say about myself. There's so many things that I think about myself; if someone really wanted to get at me, they could say this and this and this. So I'm going to say it before they can. It's the best policy for me. -Eminem

To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is. -Bruce Lee

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. -Abraham Lincoln
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo quoting his dad.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

“When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.”
― Arrigo Boito

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
― John Green, Looking for Alaska

“Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.”
― Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

“When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books.”
― John Green, Looking for Alaska

“Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, full of unknowns, asking questions but raising possibilities.”
― Florian Armas, Io Deceneus - Journal of a Time Traveler
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"The nights are getting stronger and the days are getting longer
The buildings getting bigger
Outside is getting smaller
The lies are getting truer and the truth is getting brighter
Things are looking blacker
But black is looking whiter

The price is getting higher and the buyers is the flyest
The stars are never brighter
The good up getting tired
Yesterday you threw it 'cus you gots to have the new ****
And money always fools ya. So corny's getting cooler

Nothing's gonna stop it if it's bound to turn a profit
For this I might not do it
For this I let you watch it"

- Shabazz Palaces, "Youlogy"
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My idea of going to hell is going somewhere where there are no books.
James MacArthur

The success my children have had has helped me immensely. I've showed them a certain respect for this career.
Julio Iglesias

Throughout the human experience people have read history because they felt that it was a pleasure and that it was in some way instructive. The profession of professor of history has taken it in a very different direction.
Donald Kagan

The progress of the world depends almost entirely upon education.
George Eastman

When I talk about the Internet, it's because young people are there. TV and radio are still what moves the masses, and you can't ignore that. But you also have to feed that monster that grows daily, which is the Internet.
Daddy Yankee
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

"Humiliation is inevitable,
painful, and if one has the strength to bear it
very useful."

Robert Fripp
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

“Ester asked why people are sad.
"That’s simple," says the old man. "They are the prisoners of their personal history. Everyone believes that the main aim in life is to follow a plan. They never ask if that plan is theirs or if it was created by another person. They accumulate experiences, memories, things, other people's ideas, and it is more than they can possibly cope with. And that is why they forget their dreams.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Zahir

I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

“One researcher said, “It would be nice to do something for them because these kids have been involved, we’ve had to jab them [with needles], and they had to eat a meal—every little drop of it, because you wanted to be sure they got 100 percent of the radioactivity—wouldn’t it be nice to do something for them?”
― Carol Rutz, A Nation Betrayed: Secret Cold War Experiments Performed on our Children and Other Innocent People[Annotated]

“It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb… Robb… please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting… The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed. “Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.— Catelyn Stark”
― George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

“Don't settle: Don't finish c****y books. If you don't like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you're not on the right path, get off it.”
― Chris Brogan
Deske

Post by Deske »

“My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind...and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That's why I read so much Jon Snow.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Song of Ice and Fire

“Let me give you some advice, *******: Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Song of Ice and Fire

"When in doubt, go for the **** joke." - Robin Williams

“My sister has mistaken me for a mushroom. She keeps me in the dark and feeds me ****.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Storm of Swords (This one just made me chuckle)

“Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Song of Ice and Fire

I feel odd having so many from Tyrion Lannister. But even if they are written by a real person, they're just so good and applicable.

Mod Edit: If you need to censor a word, censor it completely or let the forum's filter do so for you. Evading the filter is against the rules. (the censored word in the previous post didn't actually need to be censored)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually, a mod PMed and said that the word in my post needed to be censored due to people possibly complaining about it.

If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance.
Orville Wright

When I want to read a novel, I write one.
Benjamin Disraeli

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.
Zen Proverb

In the republic of mediocrity, genius is dangerous.
Robert G. Ingersoll

Man is not the creature of circumstances. Circumstances are the creatures of man.
Benjamin Disraeli
Radio Blue Heart

“In 20 years,You will be more disappointed by what you didn’t do than by what you did.”
- Mark Twain
-Virgil
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

“Be a loner. That gives you time to wonder, to search for the truth. Have holy curiosity. Make your life worth living.”
―Albert Einstein
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Betty Reese
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.

John Rawls
The fairest rules are those to which everyone would agree if they did not know how much power they would have.

Aristotle
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Stephen King
Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Groucho Marx
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

1. You can do anything, but not everything.
—David Allen
2. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
3. You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.
—Wayne Gretzky
4. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
—Ambrose Redmoon
5. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
—Gandhi
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hamlet is only really good, if you read it in the Klingon original." - Render quoting the Klingon Chancellor from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

“My experience of life is that it is not divided up into genres; it’s a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel. You know, with a bit of pornography if you're lucky.”
― Alan Moore

“Utopians are heedless of methods. To render the human species happy, they are prepared to subject it to murder, torture, lethal injection, incineration, deportation, sterilization, quartering, lobotomy, electrocution, military invasion, bombing, etc.”
― Juan Rodolfo Wilcock

“Know before whom thou stands. Understand your friends for who they are, not who you wish them to be. Accept them for their flaws as well as their attributes. Turn to them for their strengths, what good stuff they can bring to your life, and forget about the rest. To ask for more only sets you up for failure.”
― Fran Drescher

“Accept who you are. Unless you're a serial killer.”
― Ellen DeGeneres

“Don't get so tolerant that you tolerate intolerance.”
― Bill Maher
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open" - Frank Zappa
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I'm most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.
Anne Hathaway

My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
Steve Jobs

Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about.
Gerard Way

Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.
Mattie Stepanek

We live in a world where finding fault in others seems to be the favorite blood sport. It has long been the basis of political campaign strategy. It is the theme of much television programming across the world. It sells newspapers. Whenever we meet anyone, our first, almost unconscious reaction may be to look for imperfections.
Henry B. Eyring
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

A humorous quote from classic Doctor Who.

The second Doctor and Jamie are trapped by a robotic Yeti.

Jamie - Have ye come up with a clever plan to get us out of here, Doctor?
Doctor - Yes, Jamie, I believe I have.
Jamie - What are ye gonna do?
Doctor - Bung a rock at it!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
Oscar Wilde

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
Steve Jobs

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Vince Lombardi
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I hope your computer hasn't got a germ like mine." - my grandmother.
So close, yet so far, Nanna! :lol:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Radio Blue Heart

"What do you want a meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning."
- Charlie Chaplin
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When I want to read a novel, I write one.
Benjamin Disraeli

In the republic of mediocrity, genius is dangerous.
Robert G. Ingersoll

Never say more than is necessary.
Richard Brinsley Sheridan

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

Being content creates simplicity in life.
John Heider

Some of these might be repeated twice since I can't keep track. x.x