Forum Rules - Updated 4/13/2019

What are we doing!?
Dissension

Re: NEW Forum Rules

Post by Dissension »

If you see a post that violates one of the forum rules, please submit a report rather than talking about the fact that the post is bad.

To do that, find and click on the Image Report button located in the lower-right corner of the first rule-breaking post. Please do not report more than one post in a single thread; anyone with moderator permissions in the appropriate forum will receive a link to the reported post in their moderator control panel and read through the entire thread from that post onward.

Once you have elected to file a report, you will be directed to a report form.

Select the most appropriate option from the drop-down box and (if necessary) enter a brief description of why you're reporting the post in the text box. If you select the radio button to be notified when your report is dealt with, you'll receive an automatically-generated e-mail which basically says "Your report is being handled by a moderator or administrator and has been closed. For more information, contact [whichever mod closed the report]."

By following this procedure, you'll help us deal with any issues that may arise while simultaneously not mini-modding. Thanks, guys!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So what's really new about these rules? They seem pretty similar to me.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yes, but they're much less daunting to read. He condensed to old rules into this shorter one so as not to scare of potential forumites
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Indeed. The gist is the same, nothing's changed in a major way, the old rules were just kinda presented less concisely. As Res will attest, concision is key to improving understanding and enjoyment. In fact...

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The only major change is it is now perfectly legal to call Dissension a stupid nut-breath.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sleet wrote:The only major change is it is now perfectly legal to call Dissension a stupid nut-breath.
It was good to know you, Sleet...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sleet wrote:The only major change is it is now perfectly legal to call Dissension a stupid nut-breath.
I'm glad somebody finally said something. Every time I talk to him, I get a craving for cashews. :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I would never point out the nut-like breath of anyone who's name rhymes with diss-and-shun.
Sent from my conifer.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Just noticed this topic changed recently.

As long as pregnancy fanart isn't creepy, i'm fine with it. It's meant to me to be heartwarming, and these days I would love to see some heartwarming variants.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:Just noticed this topic changed recently.

As long as pregnancy fanart isn't creepy, i'm fine with it. It's meant to me to be heartwarming, and these days I would love to see some heartwarming variants.
this.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Said fanart is on very thin ice given people's bad habit to fetishize stuff, but if it's clean and proper, then it's fine.
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

I remember the days of Jim-Jim and his habit of not reading the rules beforehand. Hopefully after all this time he went out of his way to read them. :D

Also bump for no reason.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

JakJak wrote:I remember the days of Jim-Jim and his habit of not reading the rules beforehand. Hopefully after all this time he went out of his way to read them. :D

Also bump for no reason.
No one likes him.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

How's he been? He used to be a real jerk.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Well isn't that rather mean, Sleet.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Karl

Post by Karl »

But Sleet is telling the truth. If Stripe said that nobody likes him, then nobody likes him.

... he's also a dork.
I'm a bookworm!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You beat me to the punch.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Whoa-ho-ho hey what. Jim-Jim? me?

This is uncalled for, when did i ever troll? Hmm?
I just stuck to myself. all i did. i mean sure i asked a few too many questions sometimes but it's just because I got to stubbornly curious.
and occasionally someone would yell at me then i would refresh the page and everything would just... disappear. and get a private message.

WELL FINE, I'M GOING. AND I'M NEVER COMING BACK.

jokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjoking

what what? Jolly good time.
Dissension

Re: Forum Rules - Updated Friday, May 17th

Post by Dissension »

Hey, guys, this is just a tiny, tiny revision, pertaining only to the third bullet point. The change is indicated below, in addition to being updated in this thread's first post.
In the last version, I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts or use "chat speak." You also should not double post or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.
For the Update, I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.

Gren

Post by Gren »

For the Update, I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.
Aww, you ruin all the fun! :(
ImageImage
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

if they didn't then they wouldn't be mods! :lol:
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Our job is to make sure the forum is as unfun as possible, you see.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

and it is our job as the members to make your job as hard as possible by finding loop holes in your silly silly rules

REBEL!!!! :twisted: jkjkjkjkjkjk :lol:
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Okay :) I understand.
Sorry for the mess.
I'm a bookworm!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

lasthunter wrote:and it is our job as the members to make your job as hard as possible by finding loop holes in your silly silly rules
There aren't really a ton of loopholes. The current rules are a more condensed form of an older version I authored.
Gren wrote:
For the Update, I wrote:
Aww, you ruin all the fun! :(
We now allow far more of those than we used to - you'll note that, in the old version, all single-image and one-word responses that were not part of a forum game were excluded.

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I calld him something worse. No, not only worse. I called him the worst!
The worst thing someone could anyone else, ever.
I....

I called him a m-moderator....
I'm sorry.
GameCobra wrote:Just noticed this topic changed recently.
- It's a boy!
- It's a girl!
- No, it's Superman!
lasthunter wrote:and it is our job as the members to make your job as hard as possible by finding loop holes in your silly silly rules
I KNEW they were conspiring against me!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

no i just like keeping you mod's on your toes :D
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

We don't need any help for that.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Dissension wrote:
For the Update, I wrote:
Funny, I just came back to this thread to ask the exact question that was answered here
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Rico

Post by Rico »

Dissension wrote:We also ask you do not use "chat speak"
Does this include the use of lol, rofl, brb, atm, etc. Or is this rule referring to the overuse of this in silly statements or practices such as replacing letters for numbers within words, e.g. N00b!!1!. Although I'm guessing this is even allowed (within reason) in a certain familiar forum game? :)
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yes those are discouraged. Just spell out your words, por favor.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well, lol and rofl can be effectively replaced by emoticons, and brb really doesn't have a use in a forum where immediate replies aren't expected.

atm, it is preferred you spell out the phrase
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:atm, it is preferred you spell out the phrase
ATMs can't talk, let alone conect to the internet.
Why do you demand this things from them?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Rico

Post by Rico »

The rules are fair enough. This forum did have the reputation of having the sharpest and most well-written members. At least it did before I joined :D
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Did it now? I'm flattered!
Rico

Post by Rico »

Sorry, I thought you already knew :oops:

I originally found Housepets! through recommendations from other web comics and discussions. These recommendations included favourable comments about the HP community and one of many reasons why I joined the forum.

Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

Just dropping by to make sure everything is all square. Thank you for keeping the forums fun to poke around!
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
hyperfox

Post by hyperfox »

Just dropped by to read the new rules. They are pretty good to my point of view. Now I know for sure what I can and cannot do. :D
I don't know why I'm so hyper sometimes.....maybe its because I'm surrounded by awesome people. ^_^
Dissension

Re: Forum Rules - Updated 11/5/2013

Post by Dissension »

The following rule was updated; additions are indicated with bold, italicized text.
I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. If you feel the need to post in a language other than English, please provide an English translation of your comments; others should not need to visit an external Web site to understand what you're saying. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.

Gren

Re: Forum Rules - Updated 11/5/2013

Post by Gren »

Dissension wrote:The following rule was updated; additions are indicated with bold, italicized text.
I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. If you feel the need to post in a language other than English, please provide an English translation of your comments; others should not need to visit an external Web site to understand what you're saying. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.
C'est la vie
"That's life" - This totally kills the fun of it
ImageImage