HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hey, hey," Jake said, summoning what confidence he could as he knelt by Hackle, "You OK, Hackle? Sorry if I startled you. I wondered if you wanted a place for the night?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig's eyes snapped open and he barked in surprise, toppling the chair over backwards; landing with a soft "Oof!". He lay there on his back for a second, staring up at the ceiling before breaking out into a hearty laugh. "Hah! You have me!" He rolled backwards onto his feet and lifted the chair back into its normal position, "Very nice," he compliments the ghost, "You did not even make noise!" He stretched his arms above his head and looked around, "Are they... are they ready to go?" He asked solemnly.
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle tried to stop crying to speak but the dam had broke so to speak "I-i don't wa.. nt t-t-to be a b-bo-ther, then I-i cl-clearly be-en Hackle whined, he tried to stop but after being alone for so long & feel like he was being teased for the cure with what he thought was a friend he didn't need another possibly leaving too that would make things worse
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You're no bother," Jake said, smiling broadly and showing his buck teeth as he offered the Kitsune a hand up. "I have to go to the late night shop but then I'm headed home. It's easier - and safer - to go with a friend."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda assured Lupa that it should be fine without Stephan, "It's just that with everything happening, it'd probably be best for me to take it and head straight home. Though, I do have a precaution that might help along the way and we don't have much of a choice. Can't leave it and few others would be fit for it. But, aside form the initial trek home my father should be able to handle it once I get home. So, just give it to me before we go, okay?" She was nervous of transporting the artifact, but figured to focus on it when needed and instead talk to her friends before having to go home.

She made her way to Kaylee and Sandy and told them how she'll have to head home soon to deal with the artifact. She also gave them her address and home phone number to keep in contact, "And if you have any questions for the Matriarch, tomorrow should be the last day she's in town. Oh, and if it isn't too much of a bother... do you think Andrew would mind driving me home? I'd rather spend as little time as necessary with the artifact... and it's generally just been a long day too. But, nice, if a bit frantic, here at the end."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After talking with Amanda and swapping numbers and addresses, Kaylee pulled her friend into a hug before finding Andrew. "Of course," he said. "Hop in. I'll be back soon, you guys." che offered Amanda the passenger seat as Yensid, Retlaw and Sandy were in the back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda was relieved to have a fast way home and while the hug did help put her mind at ease, she still felt a little embarrassed, having distracted him when she wasn't ready to leave just yet, "U-uh, well, I'm still waiting on Miss Lupa to give me the artifact first. Though thank you for this. Magic items don't really gel too well with my family, on top of it's existing effects." She took this chance to levitate the items she had gotten through out the day into the car so she wouldn't forget.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Nudging Sandy to wake her up, Bonnie chuckles at the scowl the rodent gives her, before commenting, "Andrew needs to know where your house is." Stepping back from the car she heads over to Big Sandy and Kaylee, trying to hold back a yawn.

"So I guess the obstacle course is canceled, huh?"
She comments jokingly, killing time.

Groggily Sandy explains that her house is the lopsided looking cabin at the end of Pinewood Drive, which would put it on the opposite side of "crater alley" from here. Whether or not that 'landmark' means anything to Andrew, though, She doesn't bother to check before falling back asleep.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackles sobs slows to a stop, the fur under his eyes looking stained, till he pulled the tears from his cheeks & freezing it into another vial & securing it, he takes a moment to calm, he nods his head, ready to go with jake "Alright.. So long as your sure it's not a problem, I'll stay with you. That is reasonable, there is safety in numbers just look at a wolf packs." The fox smiled softly ready to follow
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig looks at the rather empty house, his eyes settling on a clock, "It is being late. Maybe it would be a good idea to go home and get some sleep." He picked up the axe that had followed him and his friends through the forest, "Will you to be staying with me, Noah? Or are you leaving with your mother?" He addressed the cat carrying boxes down the stairs.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"OK," Jake said lightly as they headed through the house, "We'll probably have to walk. Unless you don't mind me carrying you and speed hopping?"
He stopped at the group outside and swapped phone numbers. "Hackle's stopping with me overnight," he told Kaylee, Sandy and Bonnie, putting a reassuring arm on Hackles' shoulders as he saw the Kitsunes' reaction to Bonnie. "Shall we meet somewhere tomorrow?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm going to be on-call till about three Tomorrow." Bonnie commented with a shrug, tapping the RGFD logo embossed onto the radio on one side of her collar. "You could visit the station, or I might track one of you down after that."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

(OOC: since civ and I were so far behind time-wise, we're skipping to our end of the day posts.)

After a day hanging out with Furrettia and Bianca, Minnie and Samuel had made their way back to their place.
"Mom, we're home," Minnie called out.
"Alright, there's some dinner in the fridge if you haven't eaten yet," Christina replied. "How was your first day in the modern world, Samuel?"
"It was... different. It will take some getting used to... what is a fridge?"
after showing Samuel the wonders of the fridge and the microwave, the two retired into their now shared room, and Minnie started to show her new roommate the first episode of Sleepy Hollow on Hulu.
of course, the parts about Cranes wife and son weren't the best thing for a fox years separated from his own. Minnie paused the show when she noticed Samuel tearing up.
"oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even think this might hit a sore spot."
the fox sighed and wiped the tears from his eyes. "No, it's alright. It's just... I'm never going to see them again. I'll never know how my kits grew up. I don't even know how many foxes out there in the wild carry my blood."
Minnie got out of bed and walked to rub Sam's back. "Tell you what, I'll get you a show that'll... distract you more."
and so, the two watched Steven Universe far into the night before passing out together.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Macho," Kaylee maintained as the pair shifted the crate, "only goes so far, bro. And she's heard all their stories too. You're new and different.". Kaylee grinned. "Very different, eh? . He ruffled his headfur. "Speaking of different," she said in a lower tone as Holly drifted towards Rig, "what's she up to?" Then she laughed as it became obvious.
"Yeah, well. What happenth when the novelty wearth off?" Sandy mutters darkly, loading the crate into the car before returning to the house with Kaylee in time for them both to see Holly's prank on Rig. Once he stops laughing he turns to Bonnie to answer her question.
"Nah, we can thtill do it another day!" he assures her. "You know, I always wanted to see inthide a fire thtation and ride in a firetruck! Do firethtationth really have thothe poleth for thliding down?" he queries with a wag, ignoring the fact that he feels left out by being the only pet without a phone number to swap.

~~~~~~~~
Holly laughs as Rig falls over, rolling around in mid-air.
"Heh. Sorry. I didn't mean to make you fall over. You're a great sport though!" she laughs. "I'd help you back up again but..." she shrugs.
"Anyway, yeah. Andrew is taking little Sandy, Amanda, Yensig and Retlaw home. We'll be next. Everyone is swapping numbers out the front and just packing the last few crates away."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

after taking a moment to trade numbers with Jake and Kaylee, Bonnie adds, "Actually they started phasing out fire poles in 2010, and we just renovated the station last year..." a bit sheepishly, none to happy about having to disappoint the other dog. His enthusiasm about visiting the station definitely had her attention though.

...hmmm... I wonder how good he would be at sniffing out smoke? And those fire abilities could be pretty useful if he can control existing flames...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Pity," Kaylee said, "but it does sound a fun thing to do anyhow. If this place is todays tour the Fire staton can be tomorrows!" Kaylee grinned broadly and offered a handpaw.
"Is that open for Rabbits and Kitsunes," Jake asked hopefully, one ear flopping.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I suppose I will wait until everything is finished before I leave to home." He seats himself back down in the chair and sighed, "I wonder who is going to get this house now that it is empty. Will it be sold to some random person?"
hackle

Post by hackle »

Just sighed as he looked at the sky his mind on that shadow creature & his mind about the influx of supressed emotions due to it feeding off them. 'was, was the merge already happening?' he thought with a groan
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

((Sent to Hackle first. He's OK with this.))

"Well, it has been lovely to meet you and it will be so again tomorrow." Whilst he was there and Amanda was there, he took the opportunity to gallantly kiss the back of her handpaw. "Miss Bellus," he said happily.

With numbers exchanged and meetings arranged, Jake and Hackle headed for home, Jake fighting to stop himself hopping at speed as the pair chatted and headed for the first destination, the 24-7 shop. On arrival at the brightly lit shop, having passed by several neon lit bars and crossed several roads where Jake showed Hackle how to use the crossings, Jake stepped into the store through the self-opening door and encouraged Hackle to join him. Good evening, Mr Halston,” he said.

Evening, young Jake,” the old attendant replied. “Picking up…” The attendant’s vision drifted to Hackle. “Y..your friend has three tails,” he stammered.

Um, er… He’s from San Fransisco,” Jake replied, faking a grin.

Right.

He let it go at that and Jake bought the groceries and a Salad sandwich for himself and a hot pocket for Hackle. He ate his on the way home as he sensed the eyesight of low level predators.

You’re late,” A terse voice said from the living room as they arrived. “Get everything?

Yes, mom.” Jake said. “Even brought a friend over.

Don’t call me… A friend?” The voice became a face as an elderly woman of sharp features stepped into view and looked at Hackle with piercing eyes. “Your friend’s got three tails.

He’s, uh, a Kitsune.

She looked Hackle over intently. “A power. Listen, Mr Fox, whilst he’s here,” she said, indicating Jake, “My scumbag kids can’t force me into a home. So I let him live here and give him an allowance so long as he does chores for me and breaks nothing. Anything he breaks, he pays for.” She pointed. “Anything YOU break? HE pays for. Sort out the groceries and head to bed, Jake,” she said, lightening her tone.

After sorting things – and apologizing for Mrs Wilkins – Jacob took Hackle out to the largely unfurnished pool house and opened up to show him the room with a dusty sofa, a small selection of novels in a bookcase a Television, a pile of wood for gnawing and a human style bed in the room to the left, opposite a barebones toilet. “I’ll take the sofa, yeah?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ooh," Kaylee said to Amanda as Jake headed off, "you have a paramour."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's face covered in frost from the kiss to her paw, not helped by Kaylee's teasing, "Not paramour! H-he merely has an affection for me. B-but love cannot be forged in a single night!" She crossed her arms as she spoke. She looked down and her ears titled down slightly as well as her voice lowered,
"Besides... ego volo ut intelligere desideria cor meum primo."*

* (I want to understand the desires of my heart first)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

With a day in the adventuring in the outside world now coming to the final chapter for the day, it was time to get back to their abode. Which was all nice and set up, new, and a little empty feeling. The first thing they did was turn on some of the lights along with the television to the news, and got some food made to liven the place up. It was quite the day, both Furettia and Bianca had enjoyed it a lot, and if that was how things were going to be here then it might rather be looking up for a place to live and have a new life. Even with the beds, they both had fallen asleep on the couch together, with the lights and television still on and aroma of their dinner in the air long after it had been cleaned up and the smell should have been gone along with it.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster wrote:after taking a moment to trade numbers with Jake and Kaylee, Bonnie adds, "Actually they started phasing out fire poles in 2010, and we just renovated the station last year..." a bit sheepishly, none to happy about having to disappoint the other dog. His enthusiasm about visiting the station definitely had her attention though.

...hmmm... I wonder how good he would be at sniffing out smoke? And those fire abilities could be pretty useful if he can control existing flames...
"Aw... Tho do they have a thlide or thomething inthtead of the pole? I heard that thtairth are too dangerouth becauthe they fall when they put their troutherth on... You know, I kinda wanted to be a firedog when I wath a pup. Heh. Gueth in a manner of thpeaking I got my withs."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Ooh," Kaylee said to Amanda as Jake headed off, "you have a paramour."
"Para-what?" Sandy queries, tilting his head doggishly.

~~~~~~~~
Deske wrote:"I suppose I will wait until everything is finished before I leave to home." He seats himself back down in the chair and sighed, "I wonder who is going to get this house now that it is empty. Will it be sold to some random person?"
"I have no idea... Perhaps I should take up residence. I wonder what the locals would think of having a real haunted house?" Holly jokes before noting the sigh. "Er, you are okay after that fall, aren't you? I can get a vet or I can ask Bonnie to put one of those healing spell thingies on you..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I think they would enjoy that on the scaring days. We could make it look scary too!" He listened to her concerns, "I am fine, it has been a long day. The last time I went to a vet I remember going to sleep on a table and then waking up with no fur on part of my neck. Some sort of chip, which is odd seeing that they are for eating. Any way... I think it is time I went home." He walked over to the stack of boxes near the basement door and place a paw on them. As soon as Noah walked out with last box, he made sure the cat was ready to leave and the two of them vanished.
------
The two, along with their boxes of stuff appeared in the living room of Rig's home. "My bed is already made." He said as he picked up the cat and carried him down the hall, placing him under the covers and stifling the candle lighting up the room. The wolf pulled a blanket from the hall closet and flopped down onto the couch, wrapping himself up in it. He breathed in and blew forcefully at the lone candle sitting on the table, snuffing it out before he rolled over and went to sleep.
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle just went with everything as they made the quick stop, the three tails comment made him wide eye for a few seconds before he just palmed his forehead for being stupid as to not notice,as they made it to another home & meeting the old ha- i mean woman, nodding in understanding to the old ladies rules in understanding, though not that hackle was broke, quite the opposite he just never had a use for it he coiled his tails back up as to not break anything, hearing jake offer up his bed hackle couldn't help but smile, he shakes his head as he sits on the couch "I'm having none of that. It's your bed you sleep in it, besides this couch is much more comfy then my.. ''bed'' at ''home''." He truthfully told, thinking on if the bed was softer it'd be harder to sleep for hackle
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Everything was packed. All the artifacts, all of Noah's toys and games, everything he or his mom would need for where they were going. Well, I guess this is it. He said, not looking very happy.
I guess it is. Lupa replied, looking about as happy as her son.
The two of them stood there for a second, before Noah rushed over and hugged his mom, who quickly returned the favor. I'll miss you mom. The cat choked out, trying not to cry.
His mother gave a sad smile. I'll miss you too honey. Try to drive Rig nuts too much.
He gave a quick "heh" at her attempt at humor. I make no promises. Goodbye mom.
Good bye son. She got into the car in the passenger seat, and looked back at the shrinking sight of her son as Stephan drove away, knowing it could be quite some time before she saw Noah again.

The next morning, the local news would be running a story about how one of the mansions in the hills had been ransacked and burned to the ground overnight. A group of shadowy figures were spotted leaving the sight, but the police were unable to catch them. Fortunately the residents of the mansion, a Lupa and Phalyn Walker, were away on vacation at the time, however they couldn't be reached for comment.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

As Amanda received the necklace she felt it tugging on her mind the moment it touched her paws. She flinched away from it, not liking it's pull. She bundled in necklace up into a ball and removed her bow from her head, the bow now a tattered length of cloth that she hung around her collar. She gave a frost laiden sigh as the necklace floated it into the air and started to become encased in heavy layers of ice until an icy orb remained, the necklace's pull dampened, much to Amanda's relief.

She made her way to Andrew's car, "A-alright, I'm ready t-to go." She said as she climbed into the car. As she sat there she took stock once more of her items, making sure nothing was missing, before laying back, giving herself to the car ride while trying to ignore the iced over artifact. A thought dawned on her, she didn't know who was going to take this car ride with her, she rolled down her window and leaned out of it enough to speak, "See all of y-you tomorrow, okay? See you guys." She would have addressed some by name, but, not knowing who was going in the car or not, she decided to avoid an awkward double goodbye.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Andrew can give you our address when you get home, Amanda," Kaylee said, smiling to her best female friend.
"Yes, ma'am," Andrew said, impersonating a chauffeur.
"On you go, Jeeves."

As Andrew left, Kaylee explained 'paramour' to Sandy as someone trying to romance you.

Andrew kept the speed just under the limit as they went through the town under Amanda's direction to her drop-off point and he wrote down their address for Amanda before she got out. Next he managed to wake Yensid and got an answer for where to put the two of them. After... hiding the pieces behind a bush where he'd been directed, he headed for Pinewood drive and gave Sandy a hug/carry to the door of the most lopsided building he could see before waking her. "You're home," he said, giving her a card with Kaylee's number on it.

After making sure he'd gotten it right, Andrew headed back up for the others. "All aboard," he called as he pulled up by Bonnie, Kaylee, Sandy and Holly.
"Shotgun," Kaylee called, hoping to beat Sandy to it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Of the places the pets have been so far, it's actually not that far from rig's house. From the design, the cabin had only one or two rooms a century ago, and has been expanded three or four times since by people with clashing architectural styles.

Someone added a second floor, someone else added a detached garage and a deck, a third renovation added balconies and a suspended room on the second floor that attached the house to said garage, which at some point got turned into... a greenhouse? Something like that. it's mostly plexiglass. lastly, there's the octagonal 'thing' sticking off the first floor, brick clashing with logs.

The garage is open, 80s rock music can be heard playing, and there's a man welding something that resembles a vacuum to... It's difficult to describe that. It looks like a dryer imploded then sprouted legs, but only vaguely.

Stopping what he's doing when Andrew pulls up, the man takes sandy off his hands, thanking him for bringing her home, and caries her down to her room. Though not before sandy can grab the note and give Andrew a big hug.

- - - - -

"Sorry to disappoint, but the remodel mostly blocked off the top floor, and just expanded the bottom floor instead. There's an elevator in the storeroom, but nobody really uses it. It's where I go to practice." Bonnie explained, her guarded expression turning into a smile when he talked about wanting to work with the department. "You could still apply you know. You'll have to keep your coat well groomed though, unless those powers make you fireproof."

When the car got back, Bonnie decided to hop in with the others, laughing a bit at the mad dash for the front.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda left the car, her items in tow, and took the address, giving her thanks to Andrew before he left. Her items floating around her and frozen necklace in paw she made her way to her front door and knocked. Her father, a rather large built man who looked like a lumber jack, opened the door and a large smile appeared on his face once he saw who it was, "There you are lass! Was gettin' worried for ya. And what's that you got there?" Amanda told him enough, amidst some yawns, that a friend had a dangerous artifact and had to get rid of it, "Well, I'm sure the matriarch can take care of this." He took the frozen necklace and ushered Amanda in, "Now you need to be headin' to bed young lass, you look right worn. And in the morn you can tell me all about this, apparently, amazing day you had."

Amanda got cleaned up and was later lying in bed, thoughts of the day running through her head making it hard to sleep. She sighed and sat up, crossing her legs in a meditative position, if she can't sleep she might as well think over the day. It might even help her sleep, she reasoned. An hour or two later, she had finally fallen asleep. While she didn't come to any huge revelations, she felt better at having thought things over to herself.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now Andrew drove under Bonnie's direction to where she called home. "I hope you've enjoyed today, despite things, Bon," Andrew said, letting her out of the car. "It's been great to meet you." He offered a hand.

After Bonnie had headed off, Andrew chose to drive, not straight home, but to a local drive through for burgers and milkshakes. After checking who wanted what, he handed the package to whoever was in the passenger seat and headed home.

Once there food was had and drinks drunk before heading up to bed. Andrew had an Ice cream headache for a moment. "See you guys tomorrow," he said, giving Sandy and, despite her unwillingness, Kaylee a hug and petting Holly.
"I'm in the bathroom first," Kaylee said, running past before Andrew was even a quarter of the way up the stairs.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sandy also calls shotgun and races Kaylee for the seat, almost ending up wedging in the car door with the cat. Being a gallant gentledog though, he stands aside and lets the lady enter first.

Once at home and the feast is over, Sandy heads for the bedroom to test out his new basket. The pillow is soft and comfy... But there's something missing. As Kaylee is still in the bathroom, Sandy crosses the landing and raises his fist, hesitating for a moment before knocking on the human's bedroom door.
"Andy? It'th me, Thandy. I wouldn't bother you only Kaylee ith thtill in the bathroom... I wath jutht wondering... Can I have a blanket for my bathket pleathe? Thorry if I woke you or got you out of bed or anything..." The dog does sound apologetic through the closed door.

~~~~~~~~
Holly, meanwhile, has decided to prank Kaylee. Being small enough not to make a bulge that's obvious in the slightly wrinkled bedding, she's snuck under the cat's covers, turned herself invisible, and laid herself flat so that when the cat gets into bed and lies down she'll feel as though there's an icicle against the small of her back.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, Sandy," Andrew said, coming out of his room as Kaylee nipped past from the bathroom to their room. He went to the closet and pulled a blanket free for Sandy.

Moments passed in the dark as Kaylee shivered and her winds wandered lightly around the room. "I...I sense a...a Rat," she stammered in the black.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thankth, Andy!" Sandy wags, sniffing the blanket and wishing the human a good night as he heads back to his room.

A giggle can be heard from underneath Kaylee and then the cat will feel the strangest cold sensation as the rat turns incorporeal and floats upwards through her belly before becoming visible again atop the covers, still in a lying position.
"Hehe. Couldn't resist. You're such a good sport, Kaylee." The rat's glow is far more clearly evident in the darkness of the room as Sandy shuts off the lamp and snuggles under his blanket.
"Night, sis!, Night, Holly!" he calls up.
"Night, Sandy, Night, Kaylee." Holly smiles, now leaning against her wheel like a little night-light. Not needing sleep, she'll keep watch over the house through the night.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Two fifty-eight, Andrew thought to himself as he lay in bed, why is it always now I'm awake? He had a lot to think about after the events of the last few days but he first decided to check his E-mails. One from mom, one from the vets reminding him about Kaylee's appointment - must remember to get Sandy and Hol... nope, not Holly... on the list - several offers of work and 98 instances of spam. Putting an arm sideways, he turned on the radio for the news. He turned it down. "...engines are still fighting the flames from the Walker Mansion that erupted earlier tonight. Police have said that no-one seems to have been at home and speculation is that it was hit by a bolt of lightning. Tomorrows' weather:- Mostly cold with a twenty percent chance of thunderstorms so watch out if you live in a mansion. What..." The radio went to commercial and Andrew smiled slightly as he thought how the newsreader was going to get out of this one. He played a Facebooker game for twenty minutes before using the toilet and going back to bed.

((And a new day came up.))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig continued to snore lightly throughout the night, waking up only once to move the boxes down into the basement until he could find a better place for them and to grab a sandwich from the refrigerator. He leaned back and listened to the wind blow through the trees, finishing his sandwich and laying back down to go to sleep.
------
A certain cat however was having a rather difficult time actually staying asleep. Worry for his parents picked as his mind frequently and he found himself missing her company and the comfort of his own home. He sighed and brushed most of the thoughts from his mind for what was hopefully the last time tonight before snuggling deeper into the covers and falling asleep once more.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Seven thirty arrived and the only sounds of life in the house were in the kitchen where Andrew found himself making breakfast. Bacon and Sausages sizzled in the pan with beans on the hob and Eggs ready for the get go. Six of each piece of meat - two apiece and the same for the eggs. "Breakfast is nearly done, Holly," he said, talking to the dead Rat he knew was probably hanging - or floating - around somewhere as he stepped over to the door and wafted the cooking smells upstairs. He returned to the pans and readied the first pair of eggs. "Who'll be first, you reckon?"
-------------------------------------------------
Upstairs, Kaylee, who had been dreaming of lakes for some reason, sat bolt upright and practically sprang from the bed for the door.
-------------------------------------------------
Across town, Jake pulled himself from his bed and put his feet down on the wood floor. He yawned and stretched and wondered what he was forgetting. Padding into his 'living room', he remembered on seeing the Kitsune on the sofa. Without waking him he got a bowl, a pack of cereal, some milk and a glass of Orange Juice to set besides his friends' bed. He had a half hour before he needed to be helping in the main house so he had breakfast and kept watch over Hackle.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

For the first time in three years Sandy finds himself looking forward to the new day. He sleeps soundly despite his blanket being blown off by Kaylee's winds and Holly tucking him back in during the night.

~~~~~~~~
As Andrew talks and breaks the eggs, Holly walks through the wall and into the kitchen.
"Who ya talkin' to, Andy?" she queries, popping out of the range hood/extractor fan just in front of the human's face.

~~~~~~~~
Sandy wakes up at the same time as Kaylee and also springs out of bed but he tangles in his blanket and trips on the edge of the basket and faceplants on the floor.
"Oof!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Despite herself, Kaylee stopped to help Sandy with his foot. "You OK, Sandy?" she asked.
-------------------------------------
Andrew almost dropped the pans as the nose poked out in front of him but he just about steadied himself. "You," he said laughing as he heard the commotion upstairs. "I had a feeling you were around," he added, sliding eggs onto plates and putting plates on tables. They waited on the first down.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig woke up first in his home, naturally early to rise. He went into the kitchen and started a fire to make breakfast. Once it was sufficiently lit and growing smoothly he grabbed some tortillas and threw them on the flat stone top, next to it eggs were cracked and meats were chopped and spread out to cook.
---------
Noah woke up groggily, the smell of bacon and eggs dragging him reluctantly from his slumber. He grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around himself for this morning was rather cold and shuffled his way down to the kitchen to see what was being made.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Having been up since about six, Bonnie and a few of the other fire hall staff were playing go fish, while Mike mopped the garage and Jeremy did his usual check of their truck's engine and equipment. Engines 1 & 2 were still dealing with the fires at the walker estate according to Fred, so if someone else called in, they needed to be ready to go.

...which had meant they had sped through all of their usual prep work, and now had nothing to do...

"Got any fours?"

- - - - - -

Elswhere, somebody's being a lazy rodent, and is still fast asleep.