HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

AnimeNerd88

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Yeah, fine, whatever," Bullet said, waving a paw in a way that indicated he didn't care, "Just tell 'im where you live so we can start 'sploring!"
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner folded his ears back and slowly worked himself out of maxs hug. He wasnt used to others so polite to him especially other pets. "I.....id rather not answer that but yeah i could save a kitten......and its nice to meet you both" Niner said as he smiled a bit mervously
"Do you like to do something in your free time? Do you assist your human in the work?"
---
Deske wrote:Enrique looked around, rather astonished at the display laid before him, "It's amazing..." He said as he stepped into the darkness, occasionally being lit up by streams of light. "It's just like the one at the lab except it's more refined looking. There's so much more aesthetic here. Beautiful. Now that I think of it, I'm a little apprehensive of doing any big work here. This was supposed to be like some sort of vacation. But there's so much work that could be done. What do you think Volken?"
The man laughed. "Don't ask ME! to me, *this*," he spread his arms as if to embrace the whole ship-long complex "Is a vacation. I'm a sort of workhaolic, it's my droids who must learn to cope with the outside world. As for you, if you'll take a suggestions, just don't start big time projects. The good thing of FETUS is that you can invent a way to cure cancer in your free time, thanks tothe firepower at your disposition.
"If you want to do somehting for Miguel, just imagine this place as if it were your personal genie in the bottle, but without the three-wishes thing."

---
AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Yeah, fine, whatever," Bullet said, waving a paw in a way that indicated he didn't care, "Just tell 'im where you live so we can start 'sploring!"
Jemmy looked puzzled. "Unable to process request. Why would the location of my apartment be relevant for exploration? Should not we start from some place you would feel more comfortable with?"
22xander

Post by 22xander »

<-delayed->
Last edited by 22xander on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

valerio wrote:"Quite the company", Mace said. "You just met aboard? You kitty look like you regret knowing them."
"And as for us," Axe intervened, apprantly unable to smile, "We are not the kind of fighters you watch on TV. We were used in the clandestine rings."
Mace rolled her eyes. "Aaand meet my pardner, he loves so much to make sure people adore us!"
"Oh," Francis said with eighty-nine and a half percent certainity, "I'm sure those who aren't terrified of you at least admire you. As for me? well, I'm a bit outside my safety area but, as that was practically a closed box..?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Bullet let out a snort, "Well, someone's self-absorbed. I was taking to Avery. How about you at least try to not make fool of yourself?"
-Monokuma

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Niner nodded at maxs question before shaking himself off and sighing"he's a vetrinarian and a doctor and a scientist hes gonna work on the ship as all three. He taught me alot about it all" Noner said sitting back with a show of pride and a smile then sighs as he looks to them both
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Quite possibly. We do a great variety of scenes depending on the show. Such training may also be useful in maintaining the fly system and lighting equipment." Todd observes before turning to Roux.
"That would be me. I am stage manager in the absence of our director. Do you wish to audition to join our troupe too?"

~~~~~~~~
"Non-functional parts sounds very inconvenient. I assume your mainframe allows for replacement of non-functioning parts given your use as, if you'll pardon the phrase, a beta-tester? As to the fly system, shall we ask Todd about it as soon as he is free? I do not like to interrupt..."

~~~~~~~~
Makani waves politely from behind Flash and waits to be invited into the conversation.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Francis said with eighty-nine and a half percent certainity, "I'm sure those who aren't terrified of you at least admire you. As for me? well, I'm a bit outside my safety area but, as that was practically a closed box..?"
Mace was about to answer, when her attention was suddenly taken by the approaching snow leopard. "I know I wouldn't mind being closed in a gift box with him..." she purred.
Hlaoroo wrote:Makani waves politely from behind Flash and waits to be invited into the conversation.
"Please, do come both. Did you just speak Chinese? And who's the little friend with you? So shy, he's almost cute."
---
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Bullet let out a snort, "Well, someone's self-absorbed. I was taking to Avery. How about you at least try to not make fool of yourself?"
"I am not capable of 'making a fool of myself', since I do not know what it feels like," came the neutral answer.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner nodded at maxs question before shaking himself off and sighing"he's a vetrinarian and a doctor and a scientist hes gonna work on the ship as all three. He taught me alot about it all" Noner said sitting back with a show of pride and a smile then sighs as he looks to them both
"Ah, so you *are* Lucian Draymuth's finest handiwork. Sorry for sounding too professional, but whenever you have time, Niner, I would love to examine you. I will also have a couple of colleagues present, if you don't mind of course."
Hotep the psychic

Ninet froze and shook his head quickly "uuuuuh um no no no....thats a question for my owner not me" Niner said folding his ears back and smiling nervously
ImageImageImage
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux bowed deeply as he was addressed. "Perhaps, If you are in need of better musical accompaniment. Though I have other talents that I must exercise on a regular basis of you catch my drift." he smiled and stood up, taking out a deck of cards that he quickly separated without looking into suits then shuffled again as he talked. "But what I would like to do more then anything is to preform at the moment. Ima drifting soul, a seat of the pants kind of guy, and dis seems to be da perfect time. If you'll allow me of course."
Deske

Post by Deske »

valerio wrote: The man laughed. "Don't ask ME! to me, *this*," he spread his arms as if to embrace the whole ship-long complex "Is a vacation. I'm a sort of workhaolic, it's my droids who must learn to cope with the outside world. As for you, if you'll take a suggestions, just don't start big time projects. The good thing of FETUS is that you can invent a way to cure cancer in your free time, thanks tothe firepower at your disposition.
"If you want to do somehting for Miguel, just imagine this place as if it were your personal genie in the bottle, but without the three-wishes thing."
Enrique sat down in a chair at one of the end of the aisles and leaned back, clasping his hands behind his head. "Well... Let's get crackin' shall we? FETUS, I need one simulation of neural pathways for the 'n7' line of AI processors. No heuristics learning for now, I don't want more pathways to be connected. I want efficiency first, then I'll let it learn. Can you throw up a hologram of size to to computing power ratios and a graph of heat and computing. Throw up the specifications for it and we'll start from there."

----
Hlaoroo wrote: "Non-functional parts sounds very inconvenient. I assume your mainframe allows for replacement of non-functioning parts given your use as, if you'll pardon the phrase, a beta-tester? As to the fly system, shall we ask Todd about it as soon as he is free? I do not like to interrupt..."
"It's not all too inconvenient, everything important works. I'm just not as waterproof as I should be and sometimes the eye thing makes non-AI beings uncomfortable. Yes, my base does allow for easily changing parts, I'm sure that when the next line comes out in a few years that I'll be put to work, but for now this is what I've got. I really would prefer not to intrude on him, but I'm still very interested in the stage mechanics when he isn't busy. I wouldn't want to be a bother."
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Now he was getting annoyed. Bullet let out a frustrated sigh before saying, "Shut up and just find her room already. I'm getting more and more bored each time you speak!"
-Monokuma

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Oh c'mon guys, this'll be fuuuun!" Avery smiled, putting an arm around each of their shoulders as she walks them a little faster. "Okay okay, how about we do this then. Jemmy, can you please find and direct us to the nearest recreational or amusement area that tourists of our demographic would consider fun and exciting?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Please, do come both. Did you just speak Chinese? And who's the little friend with you? So shy, he's almost cute."
"Aheh. Um, I'm not shy. I just didn't want to be rude and barge in on you if the conversation was private. Names Makani. Pleased ta meetcha. Who're you guys?" the black cat queries, sticking out a paw.

~~~~~~~~
22xander wrote:Roux bowed deeply as he was addressed. "Perhaps, If you are in need of better musical accompaniment. Though I have other talents that I must exercise on a regular basis of you catch my drift." he smiled and stood up, taking out a deck of cards that he quickly separated without looking into suits then shuffled again as he talked. "But what I would like to do more then anything is to preform at the moment. Ima drifting soul, a seat of the pants kind of guy, and dis seems to be da perfect time. If you'll allow me of course."
"We do have plans to initiate an open-mic variety show every third Friday of the month in which you would be welcome to participate as often as you like. If you wish to showcase your musical talent or other talent please feel free to do so. It would be beneficial to see all you are capable of in case we have need of another performer or musician in our regular troupe. Do you require anything for lighting or sound for your, for want of a better word, audition? And will you consent to being recorded for the purpose of displaying your talent to our director?"

~~~~~~~~
"Oh it will be no bother. When there are no rehearsals or shows happening we theatre droids are free to do as we wish unless ordered otherwise. So once he's finished talking he'll definitely have time to show you around as long as no emergencies occur. So what sort of person is your creator?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Ninet froze and shook his head quickly "uuuuuh um no no no....thats a question for my owner not me" Niner said folding his ears back and smiling nervously
"Don't worry, then. Sorry for sounding...insistent with you. But after all, as my patient you'll have to do a chek-up. We'll meet then. Now off you go, you two, before Reggie starts disassembling you."
The happy dog had started pulling Niner by his arm. "Wanna come see my sister? She's a ghost, and sometimes she feels all alone and it is visit time! She'll be happy to meet you!"
---
Deske wrote:Enrique sat down in a chair at one of the end of the aisles and leaned back, clasping his hands behind his head. "Well... Let's get crackin' shall we? FETUS, I need one simulation of neural pathways for the 'n7' line of AI processors. No heuristics learning for now, I don't want more pathways to be connected. I want efficiency first, then I'll let it learn. Can you throw up a hologram of size to to computing power ratios and a graph of heat and computing. Throw up the specifications for it and we'll start from there."
The hologram appeared as requested a second later. And then another, and another... "Sorry for taking this long. I am calculating specifications variables according to possible applications, staying within the physical model we have at hand. Best performance, as you can see, is obtained with a removable case so that eventually data can be worked during a periodic diagnostics cycle, without affecting the overall performance of Miguel. Did you have a more...precise goal in mind?"
---
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Now he was getting annoyed. Bullet let out a frustrated sigh before saying, "Shut up and just find her room already. I'm getting more and more bored each time you speak!"
Roarin wrote:"Oh c'mon guys, this'll be fuuuun!" Avery smiled, putting an arm around each of their shoulders as she walks them a little faster. "Okay okay, how about we do this then. Jemmy, can you please find and direct us to the nearest recreational or amusement area that tourists of our demographic would consider fun and exciting?"
And it was at that moment that a hand grabbed the canine by the scruff, before lifting him to meet...a long, scaly snout. "You got guts, you got nerve, you got what I like, little one. And I *always* like who's not afraid to speak self's mind. Charmed, I am Asur, and I work as tinhead's counterpart." Then, without dropping Bullet he hissed into his ear, "Wanna fun and cool? I know a fine place."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Aheh. Um, I'm not shy. I just didn't want to be rude and barge in on you if the conversation was private. Names Makani. Pleased ta meetcha. Who're you guys?" the black cat queries, sticking out a paw.
"We're used to 'rude'," the female cat said, shaking with a firm grip. "We are former pet fighters, name's Mace. He's Axe."
"I KNEW it," the snow leopard boomed. "I am Flash. My family belongs to a Chinese clan, but as per tradition I can't still claim a proper name, not until I will claim my place in the homeland of my ancestors. Are you two just partners, or did you forge the lifebond of the warriors?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"And I'm Francis," the tuxedo cat offered. "Francis Devon.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux grinned, putting his cards in his bag. "Well, I was hoping to do a little bit of music, so my other talents will be... less than useful. As for light and music, a rolling baseline and a spotlight on me would be more than useful... Drums too, but anything more dynamic, if they can't jazz with my improve then they can only hurt." He thought for a second. "No matter, whatever you want to add is fine and I'll throw things together to make it work with my trumpet. I'll be singing as well, not perfectly but lyrics are helpful. And yes, you may record me and you can call on me any time you want." He clapped his paws together. "Let's do this thing!"

He stepped onto the stage, tipping his hat to the woman and cat he'd spent the whole time trying to woo. "Well, this is a simple little number just to prove my heart and worth. So, I hope you all enjoy my first time in forever on a real stage. LIGHTS!" He snapped and the lights dimmed. "Bass!" And a slow rolling baseline started as he snapped tapping his foot. After a few seconds he played some music on his trumpet, breaking out into full song.

"I'm from the south baby, been through alot Cherie, but nine of its worse then this spell you put'n on me." He started to sing, breaking out in musical style dance and using ever pause to play a bit on his trumpet. "I'm a dealer, a cad, a real cherede. When I was just a little pup, it was all I made. I turned some tricks, played the cards, you never know but it got me far. I made a deal for some talent and sin, made a bit of a din, and got my way to here!" he paused for a second to start his next verse, working his musical talent on the fly.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Usually Bullet didn't like being over powered, and he also wanted to see if he could break Avery into being a control freak, just to have some fun, but at this point, he just wanted the lesser of two evils, and with what this Asur guy was offering, it was definitely the lesser. "As long as I'm away from that tool, I might get thrown off this ship and I wouldn't care," he said simply with a small shrug, "Also, put me down. Most of us get enough pain just remembering how we got that scar, so we don't need any more reminders."
-Monokuma

Hotep the psychic

Niner felt a bit like a flag the way max dragged him about. He barely understood and had time to answer when he was tugged away. But ince he regained himself he was following max easier to where ever he needed without question
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"And I'm Francis," the tuxedo cat offered. "Francis Devon.
Axe's nose quivered. "Rich kitty, eh? What does a scrawny thing like you together with a prince--OW!" that came when sharp claws pricked his butt!
"He used his own weird way to notice that you two make for an interesting pair," mace said with a nice grin. "Lovers?"
---
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Usually Bullet didn't like being over powered, and he also wanted to see if he could break Avery into being a control freak, just to have some fun, but at this point, he just wanted the lesser of two evils, and with what this Asur guy was offering, it was definitely the lesser. "As long as I'm away from that tool, I might get thrown off this ship and I wouldn't care," he said simply with a small shrug, "Also, put me down. Most of us get enough pain just remembering how we got that scar, so we don't need any more reminders."
Asur obeyd, though not without pulling a snobbish expression. "Pff, what is existence without risks? Dear, just like my counterpart was built for intelligence, I was realized to do the search-and-kill on the battlefield." he then leaned down toward the dog and pointed at himself with a clawed thumb. "What about skipping booooring exploration and run some *real* fun with the real stuff? Show me if yer worth yer spunk, macho pup!"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner felt a bit like a flag the way max dragged him about. He barely understood and had time to answer when he was tugged away. But ince he regained himself he was following max easier to where ever he needed without question
It wasn't a long run, after all. Just a couple doors to the left and then through one marked as "SLEEP WARD". "In here!" Max said, letting go of Niner, then put his finger to his lips, mimicking a hush. "These are the reeeeally ill patients," he said in a whisper, then the door slid open and he tiptoed in. "Come on, they won't bite. Yet."

And they entered in a single, vast room where twenty animals -cats, dogs, rabbits and even a raccoon- lay in their beds in two rows of ten. There was enough monitoring and life-support equipment to make the joy of a hospital, yet not one sound filled the conditioned air...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, uh, no, no," Francis said with a chuckle, "no we just met. Just friends. Looking to make a lot of them here."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"I only said that keep the others from harping on me," Bullet said, slightly defensive, "Boxer and I are the only ones that can take the pain, and I'm the only one that doesn't mind it that much. As for fun with the real stuff," he cracked his knuckles while saying this, "Just show me the gun and the target, and I'll do the rest."
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, uh, no, no," Francis said with a chuckle, "no we just met. Just friends. Looking to make a lot of them here."
"Good! Because I know I want to make *good* friend with your fiend," Mace said, eyeing Flash as if the leopard were a tasty candy.
"Hey!" Axe tapped her shoulder. "*I* saw him too, you know!"
Flash shrugged at Francis. "What can I tell you? It's a natural talent." Then he turned to Makani. "What about you? What brings you here, fellow feline?"
And the two warriors almost fell facedown.
---
AnimeNerd88 wrote:"I only said that keep the others from harping on me," Bullet said, slightly defensive, "Boxer and I are the only ones that can take the pain, and I'm the only one that doesn't mind it that much. As for fun with the real stuff," he cracked his knuckles while saying this, "Just show me the gun and the target, and I'll do the rest."
This time, Asur grabbed him and put him onto his shoulder. "You know how to pick 'em up, J. I owe you one. What do you like most?" He asked to Bullet.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel thought for a second, running through stored memories. "He's kind and respectful. Treated us like people instead of test dummies. There was the occasional syntax'd command given but otherwise he asked us to do things like he'd ask a friend." He thought back further, reading a file of his first activation. It was as clear as the day it happened. He sent this one to Kelly, asking for permissions of course.

It felt as if he just began to exist. He turned his head slowly and stiffly, looking at the man in front of him. The man stepped forward and performed the basic motor checks: if he could move his arms, use fine motor skills, look around and move his legs. Miguel performed the actions easily enough and it was at this point that the man introduced himself, "Good to see you're fully functional. I am Enrique and this is my...garage..." The man shrugged. Miguel simply repeated the words, his learning programming doing most of the work of figuring out the language. "You'll figure it all out eventually, just gotta get your communications radio set up. I figured I'd check in and see how you were doing." Again, Miguel repeated the words back to him. The man smiled again, "Seems like you're fine. I need to do some more work so it's back to sleep for you. You'll see me in a few days." The main typed some things into a computer and gave Miguel one last smile before the memory ended.

"First time I met him. If met is really the right word. He didn't really believing in keeping me bound to an area, but the terms of my then existence kept me confined to the backyard. However he was always eager to explore the small space and let me help with his work as needed. He's... good with words, kinda. When the first few droid lines came out, he explained that I was made from the leftovers from their prototype phases. Spent a few days trying to convince me that I wasn't forgotten junk." He gave a short laugh. "He's a good man though and I'd gladly give my existence for him."

-------

"What do you mean a more precise goal? It has to start relatively broad. I'm trying to condense about a quarter of your total power into a space the size of your average droids head. Which means I have to keep the current size but increase cooling efficiency and the ability to create more connections. I was thinking that liquid engraved polyphosphene layered metals would allow for more "thoughts" while a carbon fiber layered ceramic baseplate to layer it over would work for heating. Cooling could be done through a phase changer located on the abdominal region that would synthesize liquid nitrogen from the air." He leaned forward onto his knees and scratched at his chin, "What say you two?" He nodded at Volken.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Bullet would've objected to being picked up yet again, but he still wanted to get away from Jemmy the Anoying. "Hm, how about a challenge? A sawed off shot at a shooting range. It'll be quite entertaining."
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Bullet would've objected to being picked up yet again, but he still wanted to get away from Jemmy the Anoying. "Hm, how about a challenge? A sawed off shot at a shooting range. It'll be quite entertaining."
"I wish you were my partner, shorty," Asur said...before a siren went off.

Everywhere aboard the majestic ship, wherever a passenger was in his or her apartment, or a cluster of passengers stood, the hologram of the Captain appeared.
"This is the Captain speaking," she said in a very professional voice, without the least nervousness. "This is an emergency bulletin. Please know there is no cause of alarm.
"After this message, please check for your newscast or for the ship's channels."
one after the other, browsers of tablets, PCs and smartphones were directed to an information channel.
And the same thing was running all over, eclipsing all other news.
"As you can see, Meriweather Island, known by its natives as Tricana, has now a city. There are no information about the nature of this event, but what is known so far is that no one has been hurt in the event. No damage has been caused. No lives were lost.
"Authorities worldwide are studying the event and for now the island is under quarantine. President Spencers is evacuating the tourists who wanted to leave. Since communications are not blocked, those of you with friends or relatives on the island are free to call them by any mean available.
"President Spencers has also asked for this ship to deliver as many rescue animals as possible to Meriweather Island in an effort to populate the city, and the company agreed to that.
"Apollo City's maiden voyage will start as programmed, but will be slightly delayed en route to allow aerial transportation to bring aboard the new temporary passengers. Our first destination, again, will be Meriweather island. Those of you who wished to leave before we depart are free to do so and will be refunded. Thank you for your patience."
But by then, even when the holograms disappeared, the passengers were too busy watching the images of something that until today had belonged to the realms of fantasy...
---
Jemmy was studying channel after channel inside his head. "This is...quite interesting," he said.
---
Piper and Mac exchanged a knowing look.
"Partner," the parrot said with the voice of Humphrey Bogart, "I think we found home."
Macajuel hissed his agreement.
Mace and Axe were definitely on the same wavelength even without saying a word.
Flash looked ecstatic at those architectural wonder. "I could found my own clan, there..."
---
Ness's professional mind was trying to understand how that...thing could just appear out of nowhere and not claim countless lives. "I think they will be needing some help there, like it or not." She said.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis looked at the event with concern as he heard those around him talk of home and peoples. "The financial implications are staggering," he mused, "and not in a good way."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis looked at the event with concern as he heard those around him talk of home and peoples. "The financial implications are staggering," he mused, "and not in a good way."
"Why so?" Flash asked. "I mean, if this President Spencers wants his island populated by animals, he's doing them a great favor, and the touristic presences will skyrocket. And Meriweather is an island in the middle of the Atlantic, who could be hurt by..." he pointed at the images on the screen. "That?"
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"A city popping up out of nowhere. Interesting..." Bullet said, rubbing his chin with a paw while making a straight face, then losing that straight face and throwing both paws in the air saying, "To bad I don't give a ****! Let's go to the shooting range now!"
-Monokuma

Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner felt a bit like a flag the way max dragged him about. He barely understood and had time to answer when he was tugged away. But ince he regained himself he was following max easier to where ever he needed without question
It wasn't a long run, after all. Just a couple doors to the left and then through one marked as "SLEEP WARD". "In here!" Max said, letting go of Niner, then put his finger to his lips, mimicking a hush. "These are the reeeeally ill patients," he said in a whisper, then the door slid open and he tiptoed in. "Come on, they won't bite. Yet."

And they entered in a single, vast room where twenty animals -cats, dogs, rabbits and even a raccoon- lay in their beds in two rows of ten. There was enough monitoring and life-support equipment to make the joy of a hospital, yet not one sound filled the conditioned air...
Niner blinked and flattened his ears before getting onto all fours and following max into the room as he did a small change to how he moved occured his tail stiffened and his leg stopped more complex actions as to lower how much sound he made. Not a single noise came from him. But something about it was familiar
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

valerio wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis looked at the event with concern as he heard those around him talk of home and peoples. "The financial implications are staggering," he mused, "and not in a good way."
"Why so?" Flash asked. "I mean, if this President Spencers wants his island populated by animals, he's doing them a great favor, and the touristic presences will skyrocket. And Meriweather is an island in the middle of the Atlantic, who could be hurt by..." he pointed at the images on the screen. "That?"
Francis steepled his fingers. "A city appears from nowhere," he said darkly. "No warning, no hint and it wasn't there yesterday. Instant City. Just add water." he sighed. "If someone has discovered how to do this? There's no need for builders or construction crews any more. No need for their supply services or the tool makers. Even if you're talking just big constructions, that's eighty million professionals losing their jobs because we don't need them. The amount they spend in their local area on foods and luxuries drops drastically as they cannot afford as much any more. So their local economies suffer. That's just in the situation as it is now. What happens if this is just prologue?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:"A city popping up out of nowhere. Interesting..." Bullet said, rubbing his chin with a paw while making a straight face, then losing that straight face and throwing both paws in the air saying, "To bad I don't give a ****! Let's go to the shooting range now!"
And at that, for the firs time Jemmy stared with the closest thing to horror he could muster spontaneously. "That place is basically a wonder in itself, a challenge to all laws of reality! How could not interest--" He was rudely pushed away by Asur.
"Nevermind the kit, pup. He can't understand the unbridled joys of fine weaponry. So, what do you like to use?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner blinked and flattened his ears before getting onto all fours and following max into the room as he did a small change to how he moved occured his tail stiffened and his leg stopped more complex actions as to lower how much sound he made. Not a single noise came from him. But something about it was familiar
Given the place, that was the only moment and occasion the captain's hologram had not appeared, nor could the siren be heard.
And so, unaware of the developments outside the room, Max led the cyborg toward a bed where a peach-colored female cat was 'sleeping'.
Maxwell put his mouth an inch within the triangular ears, then... "WAKE UP MORGANA! YOU HAVE A VISIT!!" He barked happily, the voice like a bomb in that shrine to silence!
A moment later, a ghost -no, a hologram appeared. A hologram of that very same cat lying in the bed. "You just can't help it, can't you?" she said, half-seriously. Then, to Niner, "Welcome, if I can say so. I am Morgana, Maxwell's housemate."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis steepled his fingers. "A city appears from nowhere," he said darkly. "No warning, no hint and it wasn't there yesterday. Instant City. Just add water." he sighed. "If someone has discovered how to do this? There's no need for builders or construction crews any more. No need for their supply services or the tool makers. Even if you're talking just big constructions, that's eighty million professionals losing their jobs because we don't need them. The amount they spend in their local area on foods and luxuries drops drastically as they cannot afford as much any more. So their local economies suffer. That's just in the situation as it is now. What happens if this is just prologue?"
Flash opened his mouth to answer, but no words came out. The snow leopard looked quite silly in that pose.
"So?" Piper said, ruffling his feathers. "Yay, someone experimented a new ubertech. Many people lost their jobs when machines started to do the handiwork. Those who changed job kept living, the stubborn lost the game. Same here."
"But they could build without respect for the environment," Macajuel objected. "I wouldn't like to see the planet covered in stuff. Now *that* is a scary thought."
"Pfft, as if it mattered to you. You élove* buildings, so much hidden corners to slither around."
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Are you asking me for a favorite?" Bullet asked, now looking as shocked as a normal pet hearing the news of the city, "I could never choose favorite! As long as it shoots, I find it as a great gun!"
-Monokuma

Hotep the psychic

Niner stood frozen with fear at maxs sudden scream images flashed through his head of everything going wrong, the sleeping animals waking up and going nuts as if they were psychotic!!

Then when he saw the hologram he couldnt process he was seeing a hologram. His mind and computer only processed one thing.

"G...g.g.g.g.g.GHOOOOOOOST!!!------------Niner yelled before a hiss and a puff of steam left his esrs and he passed out on the spot and fell with a clunk
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Are you asking me for a favorite?" Bullet asked, now looking as shocked as a normal pet hearing the news of the city, "I could never choose favorite! As long as it shoots, I find it as a great gun!"
"Whoever raised you must have done a great job!" the reptilian anidroid said.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner stood frozen with fear at maxs sudden scream images flashed through his head of everything going wrong, the sleeping animals waking up and going nuts as if they were psychotic!!
Then when he saw the hologram he couldnt process he was seeing a hologram. His mind and computer only processed one thing.
"G...g.g.g.g.g.GHOOOOOOOST!!!------------Niner yelled before a hiss and a puff of steam left his esrs and he passed out on the spot and fell with a clunk
Max bent down and tapped his chest plate. "Ah, Niner? Hello? No, my sister's not a ghost, she's alive. That's an hologram. Hello?" he scratched his head. "So do I hit a 'reset' button or what?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote: "We're used to 'rude'," the female cat said, shaking with a firm grip. "We are former pet fighters, name's Mace. He's Axe."
"I KNEW it," the snow leopard boomed. "I am Flash. My family belongs to a Chinese clan, but as per tradition I can't still claim a proper name, not until I will claim my place in the homeland of my ancestors. Are you two just partners, or did you forge the lifebond of the warriors?"
"Fighters, huh? By choice, I hope. Gee, that pawshake feels like a fighter's grip!" Makani grins, squeezing back almost as firmly with a grip strengthened by years in the gym.
"That's a posh sounding name. I like it. Pleasure to meet you too, Francis. Cool jacket too!" Makani makes sure not to wring Francis' paw quite so firmly.
valerio wrote:"Good! Because I know I want to make *good* friend with your fiend," Mace said, eyeing Flash as if the leopard were a tasty candy.
"Hey!" Axe tapped her shoulder. "*I* saw him too, you know!"
Flash shrugged at Francis. "What can I tell you? It's a natural talent." Then he turned to Makani. "What about you? What brings you here, fellow feline?"
And the two warriors almost fell facedown.
"Me? Well, my parents' company designed a lot of the technology on the ship and decided it would be good publicity for us to be among the first to live here so here I am." The cat doesn't sound phased by this at all, rather he almost sounds excited.

The black cat's ears go to the "alert" position as the siren sounds and the holograms appear. He looks fascinated both by the hologram itself and by what the display is showing. He listens to Francis' deliberations on the new city thoughtfully.
"You're right. If that were true it would have massive implications both economically and ecologically. On the other paw... Can it be true? I mean, can we be sure this isn't just some hoax? It just doesn't seem possible, a city just appearing..."

~~~~~~~~
Todd provides Roux's requested accompaniments and begins recording the show. However, when the emergency message comes through, Roux's mic and accompaniments are automatically muted and the lights are returned to full brightness. As employees of the ship, Todd and Kelly also automatically go into alert mode, broadcasting the message through the droid network and acting as speakers in case anyone is not near enough to hear the message or see the hologram. Once the message is over the droids stay in alert mode as they determine the wishes of the guests in their area.
"Ness, Roux, everyone. Do you wish to evacuate the ship and return to land or do you wish to remain with us for our voyage to Meriwether Island?"

"Miguel, do you and your owner wish to remain on board the ship or would you both prefer to evacuate whilst we are still within range of land?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Me? Well, my parents' company designed a lot of the technology on the ship and decided it would be good publicity for us to be among the first to live here so here I am." The cat doesn't sound phased by this at all, rather he almost sounds excited.
The black cat's ears go to the "alert" position as the siren sounds and the holograms appear. He looks fascinated both by the hologram itself and by what the display is showing. He listens to Francis' deliberations on the new city thoughtfully.
"You're right. If that were true it would have massive implications both economically and ecologically. On the other paw... Can it be true? I mean, can we be sure this isn't just some hoax? It just doesn't seem possible, a city just appearing..."
"Must be some heck of hi-tech," Mace nodded. "And considering that all media are still going crazy, I'd skip the 'hoax' part and--" at that moment, a newsflash ran over and on the bottom of the screens:
THE PRESIDENT OF ZILNAWA TO ANNOUNCE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND WONDER CONSTRUCTIONS AT 19:00 - NEWSFLASH: PRESIDENT SPENCERS WILL REVEAL HOW THE CITY OF 'ZILNAWA' WAS BUILT-
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Todd provides Roux's requested accompaniments and begins recording the show. However, when the emergency message comes through, Roux's mic and accompaniments are automatically muted and the lights are returned to full brightness. As employees of the ship, Todd and Kelly also automatically go into alert mode, broadcasting the message through the droid network and acting as speakers in case anyone is not near enough to hear the message or see the hologram. Once the message is over the droids stay in alert mode as they determine the wishes of the guests in their area.
"Ness, Roux, everyone. Do you wish to evacuate the ship and return to land or do you wish to remain with us for our voyage to Meriwether Island?"
"Miguel, do you and your owner wish to remain on board the ship or would you both prefer to evacuate whilst we are still within range of land?"
[/quote]
Ness and Nadine didn't even needed to be asked. "We're in," the cat said. "I won't be missing the chance to explore such a place and to be of help to the new incoming animals."
---
Volken asked FETUS, "Did you just see that? Oh, wait, of course you did. Could they actully *build* a thing of that magnitude like this, in...a moment?"
"We have not sufficient testimony about the time it required," the supercomputer answered. "But we know it happened, it is a fact. Thus a technology to do it must exist, for how much exptic it may be. As far as my database go, it is a massive-scale application of 3D printing based on polymer alloy conveyed by magnetic currents, using a fractional printers network to avoid using a massive concentrated energy input. It must have confounded the people on the island to the point they believed it was a 'magic' process. Very interesting."
Volken was nodding to himself. "Something like that, yes. And considering that the local cameras are showing natives moving toward the place already, and given the announcements from the Captain a few minutes ago, it must have all been staged. Spencers is one animal rights buff, this is to their benefit." he chuckled, shaking his head. "How remarkable."
---
The familiar feline voice of Tegan came through Francis' hidden mike.
"Francis, forget your mission, forget whatever you are doing. The boss is calling an emergency meeting of security now! Please come to the meeting room."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think the power base of the world just jolted around an axis," Francis said to Makani and the others. He took a seat. "It'll be interesting to see who responds in a civil manner and who goes to DEFCON one."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Niner let out another burst of steam as his body slowly awoke again after the announcement. He held his head some and saw the hologram again though this time he was reasonable. He stood very slowly and looked at the room then the cat. "ugh.....i passed out huh? Uuuuuh im....im niner nice to meet you?"
ImageImageImage
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"I..." You started to say after the broadcast cut his set off. He didn't know, frankly, what was going on but whatever it was... "I'm staying here, it's not like I've got anywhere better to be, besides. It's not like. The one who bought the ticket, km not going to get a refund." He shuffled his cards and walked over to Ness and Nadine. "So, you two have any ideas of what exactly we're going to end up facing with this new direction?"

He tried to look unphased by being cut off and the general lack of real experience he had with crisies, his last being way back as a puppy during Katrina. He was doing fairly well, but he was a show dog not one with any real training. He hoped his talents would still remain useful to him. "I... Does anyone want a drink?" He asked the room, a little pensively.