HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hypernovatic

Re: Pet Friendly: Blue Peak Shore

Post by hypernovatic »

Shukaku thought about this as they reached his house. "Here we are. So, you want me to paint a mural on the walls?" he asked, walking inside.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Anubis smiled once again, "oh my strength in a simple climb wont give out soon, as to now." Anubis said looking at the wall, he then went on to adjust his feet into little dips to stand evenly. retracting the claws to test the next section finding little to no grip. "we'd have to use our own abilities, its as smooth as a mountain in a dessert." Anubis said checking himself over for any wounds or other things he had not noticed yet. finding none he took a deep breath in and out and closed his eyes
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis smiled once again, "oh my strength in a simple climb wont give out soon, as to now." Anubis said looking at the wall, he then went on to adjust his feet into little dips to stand evenly. retracting the claws to test the next section finding little to no grip. "we'd have to use our own abilities, its as smooth as a mountain in a dessert." Anubis said checking himself over for any wounds or other things he had not noticed yet. finding none he took a deep breath in and out and closed his eyes
And it was then that a paw closed aound his wrist in a strong grip. "Whatever your idea is, you're thinking the wrong way: This is not *you*and this cliff: This is *us* and this cliff. And we must act as one, not thinking competition. Just let me do. Do you trust me?"
---
hypernovatic wrote:Shukaku thought about this as they reached his house. "Here we are. So, you want me to paint a mural on the walls?" he asked, walking inside.
"Hm, standard accommodation. Well, mine was more an idea to help you get more...acquainted with this place, make it yours with your own special markings. But if you don't like the idea, no prob." She ruffled Shukaku's head fur the way he liked it, with a paw that could easily wrap itself around his head
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Shukaku purred as Lila rubbed his head. "I like the idea. Would you want to help me with it?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Anubis took a moment to grab kendras own wrist. "Alright, ill trust you" Anubis said
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:Shukaku purred as Lila rubbed his head. "I like the idea. Would you want to help me with it?" he asked.
"Sure! What did you have in mind? In which room?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis took a moment to grab kendras own wrist. "Alright, ill trust you" Anubis said
"Good. Now let go. And grab the wall when you're past the obstacle. Then reach out for me. Now...GO!" and with that, the strong lycaon literally *threw* the fox over the smooth surface, just past the line between jagged rock and glass.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"We could paint a sunset in here." Shukaku suggested, thinking about what to do in the other rooms.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke shredded apart a nearby fern, it was only after the commotion he paid Raijda any attention. Not ignoring her on purpose though.

"Huh?" Luke said to her, "Oh, no, I just thought we needed a clear reach to the beach." He looked to the semi circle again and the little group was almost done clearing it out. Luke scratched his head as Amber got done with her section in anticipation of what to do next. Then he looked up at the sky for a moment. It was a beautiful day. But this was a tropical island, and Luke new better how a day could turn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Groovy!" Khun said excitedly, tail wagging.

"So we'll need to get some food packed then, I suppose," Khun said, hoping someone else would figure out the how.

Trying to keep your wallet tight eh?
Monique thought to Khun.

Oh no no, course not. I just don't know how to go about the structure of the thing that's all, and to who'll carry packs, if any want to, who wants to carry water, if any want to, or if we even need to, but I KNOW someone is going to want snacks. Khun thought back.

Monique giggled.

Silly boy, you worry too much. Why Tess has taken a liking to you I'll never know. Monique thought to him.

Considering her eagerness to get started right away with a complete stranger? Khun thought back.

Monique thought a moment before replying.

Good point. She thought back to him.
Hotep the psychic

Anubis looked around quickley reaching for a small stone to grab a hold of his claws extended to gain some extra traction from the stone as he slid some. he then looked downward holding a paw ready to catch kendra.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"We could paint a sunset in here." Shukaku suggested, thinking about what to do in the other rooms.
Lyla nodded. "Yes, it can work. Perhaps with some pigment to catch as much of the light as possible and reflect it: This way, it will add light in the room when sunset comes.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis looked around quickley reaching for a small stone to grab a hold of his claws extended to gain some extra traction from the stone as he slid some. he then looked downward holding a paw ready to catch kendra.
"Good reflexes, sharp of mind. Now here comes the most difficult part. You are smaller, and when I come you will have to brace yourself. And let me do everything. If you can't do it, just don't strain yourself: You *really* don't want to pop your shoulder up here. Ready?" With that, the lycaon tensed...and jumped!
The moment she grabbed Anubis' paw, she also used the residual moment to use the fox's arm as a pendulum and propel herself to the cliff. She let go of Anubis and held to the rock. "Excellent! This is the real test of courage for us: Instincts tell you to let go, making both fall. Trust must overcome them."
---
xhunterko wrote:Luke shredded apart a nearby fern, it was only after the commotion he paid Raijda any attention. Not ignoring her on purpose though.
"Huh?" Luke said to her, "Oh, no, I just thought we needed a clear reach to the beach." He looked to the semi circle again and the little group was almost done clearing it out. Luke scratched his head as Amber got done with her section in anticipation of what to do next. Then he looked up at the sky for a moment. It was a beautiful day. But this was a tropical island, and Luke new better how a day could turn.
Rajida nodded. "Suit yourself. Say, do you guys mind shark meat?"
---
xhunterko wrote:"Groovy!" Khun said excitedly, tail wagging.
"So we'll need to get some food packed then, I suppose," Khun said, hoping someone else would figure out the how.
Trying to keep your wallet tight eh? Monique thought to Khun.
Oh no no, course not. I just don't know how to go about the structure of the thing that's all, and to who'll carry packs, if any want to, who wants to carry water, if any want to, or if we even need to, but I KNOW someone is going to want snacks. Khun thought back.
Monique giggled.
Silly boy, you worry too much. Why Tess has taken a liking to you I'll never know. Monique thought to him.
Considering her eagerness to get started right away with a complete stranger? Khun thought back.
Monique thought a moment before replying.
Good point. She thought back to him.
"We'll be needing stuff," Janus said. "Uh, Sir," he said, instinctively addressing Victor as he would do with a superior. "Is it very far from here? What food and water we'll be needing?"
"We'll make it in time for lunch," Victor said. "And stay there for the dinner if we win their trust. And with you by our side," the lycaon ambassador said to Buster, "we're sure to have a good diplomatic relationship. Now excuse me," he bowed to the group. "I'll go have what we need ready to go. Please go at the Eastern gate. Tess will guide you there."
The female acknowledged with a bow. "Fear not, Ambassador. Please, y'all follow me. And she started to walk.
Hotep the psychic

"not only courage comes from this but bravery and mind also are things to be overcome, climbing puts many challenges ahead of the climber its up to them whether to face them or not" Anubis said after aiding kendra in swinging her up to grab the cliffside. He kept to himself on bragging on his experience climbing before continuing his own climb upwards.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Of course. Is there anything you'd want to add to it?" Shukaku asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"not only courage comes from this but bravery and mind also are things to be overcome, climbing puts many challenges ahead of the climber its up to them whether to face them or not" Anubis said after aiding kendra in swinging her up to grab the cliffside. He kept to himself on bragging on his experience climbing before continuing his own climb upwards.
Kendra made it first. She let go of her fish and reached out to assist Anubis. "You did good. Now, time to get some energies back, what do you say? How cooked do you eat it?"
---
hypernovatic wrote:"Of course. Is there anything you'd want to add to it?" Shukaku asked.
"Oh, I'll leave the details to you. You are the artist. But for the kitchen, I want a nice scene: A family of my peers eating around the firewood, at night."
Hotep the psychic

"oh many different ways if you dont mind ill cook the fish" Anubis said after thanking kendra for the help. he then looked at his claws which were now ground down to the flesh, some were even bleeding little by little. He then went to his bag and grabbed a small paste container and dabbed the content onto the bleeding areas before putting it away. Once the paste dried he removed the waxy remains and showed no more bleeding.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"oh many different ways if you dont mind ill cook the fish" Anubis said after thanking kendra for the help. he then looked at his claws which were now ground down to the flesh, some were even bleeding little by little. He then went to his bag and grabbed a small paste container and dabbed the content onto the bleeding areas before putting it away. Once the paste dried he removed the waxy remains and showed no more bleeding.
Donau, of course, was all over him like a curious mother hen. "What is that? A medicine, of course, but such a prodigious ailment! Can I examine it while you cook?"
Hotep the psychic

"you should know it, its an old egyptian recipe. i made it from other ingredients is all.....by the way is there an area where you cook or shall i just start a fire?" Anubis asked
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"you should know it, its an old egyptian recipe. i made it from other ingredients is all.....by the way is there an area where you cook or shall i just start a fire?" Anubis asked
"No, we don't use such a paste. This smells even nice. You must give me a list of ingredients, my friend."
"I will provide the heating," Avaros said. His eyes shone, and the ground in front of Anubis started glowing like red hot lava!
Kendra gestured, and a small plant grew out of the tree. She gently took enough sticks for the fishes, and handed them to Erebus.
The red wolf concentrated, and in a moment those green, live pieces of wood decayed and withered. "This way, you can cook safely. Please." he handed them to the fox
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay. That's fine with me. Anything else?" Shukaku asked, looking around the room.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"Okay. That's fine with me. Anything else?" Shukaku asked, looking around the room.
"Heh, use your imagination. I'm sure you will come up with a great job."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Thank you. We can start tomorrow if that's okay with you." Shukaku said, smiling at Lyla.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Khun managed a small bow in return before being led away. Then remembering something, he quickly rushed back to the bakery and grabbed his staff, then quickly put his hand in Tess's again.

"Sorry, had to grab this, been useful on hikes," Khun said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke was concentrating on the path.

"Well, we just like meat in general but," the he HEARD what Raijda said, and looked up, "Wait, wait what? That legal?" The little group though, by now had cleaned out a section of the brush and the half circle was almost clear.

Amber turned to Donau for a moment.

"You won't be TERRIBLY missed at the resort I hope?" Amber said to him.
Hotep the psychic

While the shamans got skewers for the fish Anubis gathered some spices from his bag. Once he had everything he cleaned the fish leaving the organs to burn in a silent offering before begining to cook the fish in a slow rotating motion, he added salt and pepper along with flour to add a breaded layer as it cooked
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Luke was concentrating on the path.
"Well, we just like meat in general but," the he HEARD what Raijda said, and looked up, "Wait, wait what? That legal?" The little group though, by now had cleaned out a section of the brush and the half circle was almost clear.
Amber turned to Donau for a moment.
"You won't be TERRIBLY missed at the resort I hope?" Amber said to him.
"Oh, it's a particular freshwater breed that can be found only here. Human zoologists think that somehow a group of them was cut out during the island's formation, and since then they have adapted. They can breed really fast, and they make for most of the freshwater fish meat they serve at the resort. They are small, but they are strong, and they still love meat: it's like dealing with oversized piranhas, with the advantage that they don't hunt in schools."

Donau nodded. "Nah, there are plenty of assistants to replace me. Of course, I was just the most charming one." Which was hard to say, given his present conditions...even if he *did* his best to offer a model pose, smiling with pointed teeth.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:While the shamans got skewers for the fish Anubis gathered some spices from his bag. Once he had everything he cleaned the fish leaving the organs to burn in a silent offering before begining to cook the fish in a slow rotating motion, he added salt and pepper along with flour to add a breaded layer as it cooked
Both the canine shamans sniffed with interest at the spice. "What's that?" Erebus asked, salivating already. "It does smell delicious."
Avaros looked interested as well. "And you are using salt in cooking, too. We use it to preserve only."
---
hypernovatic wrote:"Thank you. We can start tomorrow if that's okay with you." Shukaku said, smiling at Lyla.
"Sure! Then it's time to show you how to cook. Come, you won't expect me to do all the home chores, eh?" she walked to a cupboard and opened it, revealing a number of small packages made of thick leaves covered in a sort of crust. They were almost odorless, with just a whiff of fish.
"These packages are dried fish and dried meat. The crust is a salty paste from the fruits of a tree growing by the beachside. Once you opened one, you cannot close it again, because of the air moisture, so be careful and eat only when you're hungry. Wasting food is akin to an ethical crime, here, ok?"
Hotep the psychic

Anubis smiled as he sat down turning the fish. "i put many different spices on it, salt is one, its still a preservative but is also a cooking ingredient. The white powder i placed is from wheat and the fish oil soaks into it and heats to make bread on the outside as it cooks the meat." Anubis said as he set one fish closer and darkened one side to a more golden brown color before handing it to kendra and doing the same to his own. "My travels left me with much knowledge of many things. Cooking is just one. Have a bite these two fish we can share with all" Anubis said taking a bite before passing it to donau
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by Roarin »

"Zwah?" Flint in the meantime had been lulled into a catatonic state by Sarge's skillful hands, only just blinking back into consciousness as Khun left. Seeing the shepherd leave the white canine looked from Janus, to Buster, to Levi. "So, are we still going to the rabbit village?" He asked, not wanting to look like he was too out of it for the last few minutes.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:"We'll be needing stuff," Janus said. "Uh, Sir," he said, instinctively addressing Victor as he would do with a superior. "Is it very far from here? What food and water we'll be needing?"
"We'll make it in time for lunch," Victor said. "And stay there for the dinner if we win their trust. And with you by our side," the lycaon ambassador said to Buster, "we're sure to have a good diplomatic relationship. Now excuse me," he bowed to the group. "I'll go have what we need ready to go. Please go at the Eastern gate. Tess will guide you there."
The female acknowledged with a bow. "Fear not, Ambassador. Please, y'all follow me. And she started to walk.
"I'll try not to maintain my friendly demeanor, even if they make me mad," Buster said as he followed.
Roarin wrote:"Zwah?" Flint in the meantime had been lulled into a catatonic state by Sarge's skillful hands, only just blinking back into consciousness as Khun left. Seeing the shepherd leave the white canine looked from Janus, to Buster, to Levi. "So, are we still going to the rabbit village?" He asked, not wanting to look like he was too out of it for the last few minutes.
"Yes, I believe we are."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay. That makes sense." Shukaku said, sniffing the food.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis smiled as he sat down turning the fish. "i put many different spices on it, salt is one, its still a preservative but is also a cooking ingredient. The white powder i placed is from wheat and the fish oil soaks into it and heats to make bread on the outside as it cooks the meat." Anubis said as he set one fish closer and darkened one side to a more golden brown color before handing it to kendra and doing the same to his own. "My travels left me with much knowledge of many things. Cooking is just one. Have a bite these two fish we can share with all" Anubis said taking a bite before passing it to donau
"I...I think I'll pass. Heh," The poor rabbit almost turned green.
"I'll try it, if it's not a problem," Erebus said.
---
"Tis a good thin' yer used to travele," Tess said merrily as she led the group. "Who knows? It might evene get dangerous, should we meet dem wolf hunters on the way."
---
"Now for the tools." Lyla opened another cupboard, revealing a set of old-style aluminium pots, cutlery and rough ceramic platters. "This stuff is said to have belonged to the many humans come here during the centuries. At least they knew how to build things. There are no supermakets around, so when you feel like throwing a tantrum don't touch the stuff or you'll be eating off the floor."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay. I'll make sure to stay out of the kitchen." Shukaku said, giggling a bit.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Well I for one have full confidence that our ambassador here can provide us with enough protection to get us through." He grinned, patting Buster on the shoulder. If not he could always use Janus to hide... The smaller canine looked up at the larger wolf.

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Khun grinned, then looked to Levi.

"Good thing we got some practice in eh?" He said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Really? I take it they're good eating then?" Luke said, eying the lake now instead of the path. Then he caught himself and lopped a couple more bushes then waited again for Raijda.

Amber put an arm over Donau and patted his chest.

"Careful with that style charmer. Our girls LOVE a good smile," Amber said, "You JUST might be carried away by a gaggle of them."

Amber didn't wait.

"So, tents? Or house area?" Amber said, having finished the semi circle.

"Break, then clean up, then tents," Luke said, the looked back to Raijda. Amber rolled her eyes and sat down on a pallet.
Hotep the psychic

Anubis shrugged before passing it on to erebus.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"Okay. I'll make sure to stay out of the kitchen." Shukaku said, giggling a bit.
"Good! Now, ever used a fire stove to cook?"
---
Roarin wrote:"Well I for one have full confidence that our ambassador here can provide us with enough protection to get us through." He grinned, patting Buster on the shoulder. If not he could always use Janus to hide... The smaller canine looked up at the larger wolf.
"Ok," Janus shrugged, patting his tummy. "I will skip lunch and eat any bunny threatening my friends. Better?"
---
xhunterko wrote:"Really? I take it they're good eating then?" Luke said, eying the lake now instead of the path. Then he caught himself and lopped a couple more bushes then waited again for Raijda.
"I've tried them at the restaurant, a couple of times. They'll make excellent dried meals, once grilled and seasoned." [/quote]
xhunterko wrote:Amber put an arm over Donau and patted his chest.
"Careful with that style charmer. Our girls LOVE a good smile," Amber said, "You JUST might be carried away by a gaggle of them."
Amber didn't wait.
Donau looked as if he had just melted. "Marry me,"
xhunterko wrote:"So, tents? Or house area?" Amber said, having finished the semi circle.
"Break, then clean up, then tents," Luke said, the looked back to Raijda. Amber rolled her eyes and sat down on a pallet.
"You don't need my permission, cute one. See you later." The panthress put her dagger in her teeth and dove into the lake.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis shrugged before passing it on to erebus.
The red wolf tasted it. he actually *smiled*. "Woo, these spices are...the gift of a god! We need to grow them!"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Nope. How does it work?" Shukaku asked, rocking back and forth on his heels.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"ah your too kind. Im glad you enjoy it. As to growing it here i only have fine powders not seeds" Anubis answered smiling
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"Ok," Janus shrugged, patting his tummy. "I will skip lunch and eat any bunny threatening my friends. Better?"
Flint raised an eyebrow, looking at Janus curiously. "What if they're cute bunnies?" He asked, his tone nothing but serious.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Roarin wrote:
valerio wrote:"Ok," Janus shrugged, patting his tummy. "I will skip lunch and eat any bunny threatening my friends. Better?"
Flint raised an eyebrow, looking at Janus curiously. "What if they're cute bunnies?" He asked, his tone nothing but serious.
"Well then he can have his cute bunny and eat one, too," Buster quipped.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"Nope. How does it work?" Shukaku asked, rocking back and forth on his heels.
Lyla went to a closet, and opened it, revealing a stack of firewood. "Do not use it for everything else, as it burns very easily." She took a log and brought it to the stove. She opened a door And put the first log into it, then took from a cupboard a packet of matches. "Sulphur is abundant here, artisans provide fine matches. The wood is hard but light because of its air pockets. On match and it ignites. Then you close the door." She did so. Then she reached out and turned a valve in front of the stove, "This regulates the air, so that the flames burns stronger. Close it and the flame will be smothered in no time. You can add up to five logs, and in wintertime it also heats all of your house. Just don't waste the wood, everyone has a given amount so that the forests have time to grow again. Got it?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:"ah your too kind. Im glad you enjoy it. As to growing it here i only have fine powders not seeds" Anubis answered smiling
"Pass some to me, then, if you please," Kendra said while cooking her fish. "I want to try it on mine before you run out."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Roarin wrote:Flint raised an eyebrow, looking at Janus curiously. "What if they're cute bunnies?" He asked, his tone nothing but serious.
"Well then he can have his cute bunny and eat one, too," Buster quipped.
Janus actually strutted with mock pride. "See? He likes the wild beast."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Khun choked back laughter at Buster's comment. Following their guide towards the gate.

"Was waiting for you to finish the conversation!" Luke said to the water where Raijda had dived. Amber leaned forward to Donau's ear.

"Taken," she said softly and sweetly. Luke sat down beside Amber, joining the break.

"So, I thought we only wanted to have ONE couple per family, heh, unless you changed your mind?" Luke said with a smirk. Amber crossed her arms.

"And I thought YOU wanted clean," She said in retort, "And besides, didn't YOU want different?"

"Well, yes, but if you want we could invite the two and," Luke said, but Amber silenced him with a kiss.

"Better?" Amber said. Luke sighed.

"Yeah," Luke said, "Though, I'm FAIRLY certain that at least ONE of our girls will be taken with him. So, you just may yet NOT be single for long Donau."

"Neither might Raijda," Amber said, "MAGIC AND she can fish like that? Not single for long when our tribe gets here, not at all."

"So what do you think Donau, would you say no to one of our girls?" Luke asked him.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm pretty sure I do." Shukaku said, feeling the heat from the stove.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT