HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Jacey »

Draco followed the group outside, "So, what kind of stories do you all like? He asked the group as they made their way to the bookstore.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Drake wrote:Draco followed the group outside, "So, what kind of stories do you all like? He asked the group as they made their way to the bookstore.
"stories huh ?" Serenade said " I don't know , haven't really read many books myself , how about you guys ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I love romances and historical novels. Magic is fun too. And anything to do with the stage. I loved The Von Trapp Family Singers - they made a musical and a movie from that, you know. I sometimes have a bit of trouble with the visual language in some books because it doesn't make much sense to me, never having seen anything, but I get by."
"I like a bit of action and adventure. Cussler is one of my favourite authors although you get to know his style after a while. I also love a good murder mystery. I love anything with a musical theme too, although now that I've put myself on the spot I can't think of any off the top of my head. I like some poetry too - Old Possum's Book of Cats for example."
"Yes! They made the musical Cats from that book! I love that one! It doesn't use too much visual language which is great for me! How far did you say this bookshop was?"
"Right here, Lilly." Ray politely holds the door open for the other pets to enter.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey jogged over to the fiction section and picks up Huskies of the Further: Snow Husky. (Ooc: Wolves of the Beyond parody) She squealed quietly and pulled the twenty from her pocket, smoothing it out on her leg. She speed-walked to the counter and hastily payed for it.

"If dogs can read Pridelands, cats can read Huskies of the Further!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Suddenly, there was a puff of smoke near the stairs at the back of the shop. from behind it, a female voice called out "Welcome to the World of Tomorrow!!!".

the smoke cleared to reveal a little old lady, the store's owner, Nettie. "Is the title of today's recommended Sci-Fi selection. Written by WG Herbert. Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with."

she finished with a brief cough from the fake smoke.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Feeling her cane jar against the threshold, Lilly lifts it slightly and steps into the shop. She sniffs around her and pings off another thought.
"Actually, there is something you can help me with. Do you, by any chance, have anything in Braille? Also, is something burning?" Lilly waves away the smoke with a paw as she faces the direction of the new voice.
"I'm Lilly, by the way, and this is, well, everyone. What's your name?"

After everyone has entered, Ray follows and lets the door shut behind him.
"That was an impressive entrance. Are you a magician of some sort?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Right here, Lilly." Ray politely holds the door open for the other pets to enter.
"Thanks Ray" Serenade nodded at the cat with a smile , before turn to the others (especially Duke , whose paw she was still holding ) "Come on guys , let's go"
Mickey wrote:Mickey jogged over to the fiction section and picks up Huskies of the Further: Snow Husky. (Ooc: Wolves of the Beyond parody) She squealed quietly and pulled the twenty from her pocket, smoothing it out on her leg. She speed-walked to the counter and hastily payed for it.
"If dogs can read Pridelands, cats can read Huskies of the Further!"
"prideland ?" she asked , moments before the owner's surprise greetings spooked her , causing the fox to yelp in surprised . Luckily , she was about to calm herself down moment later when she realized what just happened
"Erm....good morning , mam" she said to the human
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Feeling her cane jar against the threshold, Lilly lifts it slightly and steps into the shop. She sniffs around her and pings off another thought.
"Actually, there is something you can help me with. Do you, by any chance, have anything in Braille? Also, is something burning?" Lilly waves away the smoke with a paw as she faces the direction of the new voice.
"I'm Lilly, by the way, and this is, well, everyone. What's your name?"

After everyone has entered, Ray follows and lets the door shut behind him.
"That was an impressive entrance. Are you a magician of some sort?"
serence ice fox wrote:"Erm....good morning , mam" she said to the human
"Good morning. I'm just an old lady who likes tricks," Nettie answered. "I'm Nettie Callahan, but most people call me 'Crazy Nettie' when they think I can't hear them. now... Braille? Yes, I think we have a few options in the back, and we also have a selection of classics in audiobook format. I keep them all together in the Audio section so it's easier to find. If you don't like what we have I could see what options my supplier has and order one for you."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke listened intently to the others conversation after his greeting but it would come that Lyn had fallen with the others around him Duke simply stood over him for a moment as he got up curious if anything seemed to break, after it was apparent he was fine the fox resumed his position next to Serenade keeping a comforting grip on her paw.
Then as the conversation moved to resuming their course the bookstore came up as their next destination, another place unfamiliar to Duke but the contents not too much as he had read quite a few books he had "Borrowed" from camp sites in the woods, in fact they were the main reason he felt comfortable that he could read, communicate, and even scribble a bit in the human language. While not very eloquent it sufficed. None the less Duke was happy to see what the humans kept in a place specifically for books and the fox showed a smile and followed quickly in line with the vixen before him, stepping inside with no hesitation and letting his eyes scan the room only a simple "Wow" escaped at the site of so many books.
Duke tensed a little at the sudden voice and looked to see Serenade startled as well, he gripped her paw a little firmer and even chuckled a little "Startled" The fox said with a grin and slightly comedic tone, clear that he was stating the obvious.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aw, I can't believe they'd say a thing like that about a sweet, young woman like yourself!" Ray smiles at the old woman.
Leaving Lilly with Nettie and Serenade, the cat thumbs through a brightly coloured book on birds that caught his eye. In typical cat fashion, he has to stop himself salivating at the pictures. He can't help the twitch in the tip of his tail as he imagines stalking and pouncing on the plump specimens displayed on the pages though.

"I'm not too fond of audiobooks actually, Mrs. Callahan. I don't get to hear the characters the way I like when I listen to them. I prefer the written word, personally. Do you think I could have a browse through your selection, please? I'm not too sure what I'm after at the moment - just something new to add to my collection."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote:Duke listened intently to the others conversation after his greeting but it would come that Lyn had fallen with the others around him Duke simply stood over him for a moment as he got up curious if anything seemed to break, after it was apparent he was fine the fox resumed his position next to Serenade keeping a comforting grip on her paw.
Then as the conversation moved to resuming their course the bookstore came up as their next destination, another place unfamiliar to Duke but the contents not too much as he had read quite a few books he had "Borrowed" from camp sites in the woods, in fact they were the main reason he felt comfortable that he could read, communicate, and even scribble a bit in the human language. While not very eloquent it sufficed. None the less Duke was happy to see what the humans kept in a place specifically for books and the fox showed a smile and followed quickly in line with the vixen before him, stepping inside with no hesitation and letting his eyes scan the room only a simple "Wow" escaped at the site of so many books.
Duke tensed a little at the sudden voice and looked to see Serenade startled as well, he gripped her paw a little firmer and even chuckled a little "Startled" The fox said with a grin and slightly comedic tone, clear that he was stating the obvious.
"I wasn't THAT startled !" Serenade said quietly , giving Duke a small smile and a little teasing nudge
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn walked up silently behind Ray and looked ovee the cat's shoulder. "Whatcha reading?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm not too fond of audiobooks actually, Mrs. Callahan. I don't get to hear the characters the way I like when I listen to them. I prefer the written word, personally. Do you think I could have a browse through your selection, please? I'm not too sure what I'm after at the moment - just something new to add to my collection."
"Alright, I'll show you to them... should I take your paw or would you prefer to have someone else lead you?" Nettie asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco was a bit startled by Netties performance. Looking around he gravitated back towards the section he was at before, there was a book on rockets that he must have missed earlier.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In answer, Lilly holds out her free paw in the direction of the old lady's voice.
"I trust you. You seem like a nice person." she smiles. "You been in Applegate long? I only moved in today." she queries, making small talk.

With a yelp, Ray nearly jumps out of his skin and the book clatters to the floor. He places a paw on his racing heart and pants for a few seconds, unable to speak. After licking his lips a few times, the cat finds his voice returning.
"Um, a... a book on... on birds. Don't do that! I nearly had a heart attack! I'll get you back some time!" he laughs, retrieving the fallen tome.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Heh, good luck with that." Lyn said, giggling from Ray's reaction.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:In answer, Lilly holds out her free paw in the direction of the old lady's voice.
"I trust you. You seem like a nice person." she smiles. "You been in Applegate long? I only moved in today." she queries, making small talk.
Nettie took Lilly's paw and began leading her to the back of the store. "Well I've run this store for a while, but I only started living above it since it became a pet friendly neighborhood," She explained. "I used to make the drive from the city, but once I could bring my Rena with me, I moved in for good."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Out of the corner of his eye Draco saw Lyn scare Ray. He chuckled for a while until he began to laugh cheerfully. "I don't mean anything harmful Ray, but that was rather funny. If you want I can help in getting him back if you want. I know some tricks myself.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Smoothing out a creased page, Ray grins at the dog. "Deal! You're not going to know what hit you, Lyn!" he jokes good naturedly.
"In the meantime... Doesn't he look tasty?" Turning the book around, Ray exhibits a glossy picture of a robin, the bright red plumage of his chest making a pleasing contrast to the indistinct dark green background.

"That's a long drive - well, for a ferret who's never left the house anyway. I can't imagine doing that every day." Lilly observes.
"Rena sounds like a nice name. Could I meet her some time?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"That's a long drive - well, for a ferret who's never left the house anyway. I can't imagine doing that every day." Lilly observes.
"Rena sounds like a nice name. Could I meet her some time?"
"She's actually spending the day with some friends back in the city today, but she should be back tomorrow," she replied as they got to the section with the braille books. "here we are," she said as she lead the ferret's paw to the shelf that held the books she was looking for. there was a bit of braille beneath the shelf that read "braille selection". there were only 6 books, since there isn't all that much demand for braille books in a small town like Applegate.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:
"I wasn't THAT startled !" Serenade said quietly , giving Duke a small smile and a little teasing nudge
Duke smiled back and and gave out a quiet chuckle stifled only when he replied back with a teasing "Mm-Hmm"
and a grin to match the tone. However he continued walking with the vixen glancing around at books but watching for a reaction from Serenade, whether a laugh or a jab all the same.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey was reading intensely, her eyes focused on nothing but paper.

"Then, Farow and Edlan walked into the den. Edlan had her head held high and Farow walked on stiff legs, his stronger paw thumping the ground-YI! CRAZY MAGIC!!!"

Mickey fell over the top of the chair and looked up over it after recovering.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Suddenly, there was a puff of smoke near the stairs at the back of the shop. from behind it, a female voice called out "Welcome to the World of Tomorrow!!!".

the smoke cleared to reveal a little old lady, the store's owner, Nettie. "Is the title of today's recommended Sci-Fi selection. Written by WG Herbert. Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with."

she finished with a brief cough from the fake smoke.

"Oh. It's just a lady. Mah word though, she got me good."

Mickey stood up and held the book under her arm as she looked around.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: Duke smiled back and and gave out a quiet chuckle stifled only when he replied back with a teasing "Mm-Hmm"
and a grin to match the tone. However he continued walking with the vixen glancing around at books but watching for a reaction from Serenade, whether a laugh or a jab all the same.
Serenade didn't say anything else , just a little giggle and another nudge at Duke.
As the others went about their own ways , Serenade walked around the bookshelves alongside Duke
"have you read human's book before Duke ?" she asked , as they walked by Mickey , who seemed to be enjoying her new book
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks!" Lilly runs her paw over the label and then up the books. She finds that the shelf is at the perfect height... For most pets. Unfortunately Lilly isn't most pets and struggles to reach more than halfway up the spines of the books.
"Um... Do you have like, a box or something I could stand on please? I can't quite reach high enough to read them all."

"Found a good one, Mickey?" Ray queries conversationally as Mickey looks his way.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Really? You guys are gonna team up on me? Oh, that does look delicious." Lyn said, now focused on the picture.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks!" Lilly runs her paw over the label and then up the books. She finds that the shelf is at the perfect height... For most pets. Unfortunately Lilly isn't most pets and struggles to reach more than halfway up the spines of the books.
"Um... Do you have like, a box or something I could stand on please? I can't quite reach high enough to read them all."
"Luckily, I also keep the reference books back here," Nettie answered grabbing a large encyclopedia from the next shelf over and setting it on the floor. "Will this work?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

lilly hears the thump as the large book hits the floor and surmises that Nettie must have placed something there. Keeping a paw on the Braille shelf so as not to lose track of it, she feels around with a footpaw until she kicks the book. She steps up and finds that the books is just tall enough for her to reach adequately.
"Perfect. Thank you." she smiles and turns back to running her paw over the rows of spots embossed into the spines.
"Hmm... Already got it, already got it, blargh, huh... That seems different..." She slides a book from the shelf and the friction inadvertently causes the "blarg" book to fall on her head, startling the ferret so that she drops the one she was interested in.
"Ow! Totally worth it!" she grins when she recovers from the surprise, and squats, endeavouring to find the two tomes by feeling about her.

"Ooh, we should totally get the ghosts involved and make it a proper Halloween-style prank!" Ray enthuses as he puts the book back on the shelf. He could easily afford it but he knows just how much time he'd waste staring at it when he could be doing other things.
"Where did they go, anyway?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey smiles slyly at Ray.

"If ya need a prank, little critter, I has plenty. You need'em when you live where I used to."

Mickey pulls a small book from her coat pocket. She walks over to Ray and opens it up, showing him all the pranks she's pulled over the years.

"Ya'll pick one and I'll get it done."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:lilly hears the thump as the large book hits the floor and surmises that Nettie must have placed something there. Keeping a paw on the Braille shelf so as not to lose track of it, she feels around with a footpaw until she kicks the book. She steps up and finds that the books is just tall enough for her to reach adequately.
"Perfect. Thank you." she smiles and turns back to running her paw over the rows of spots embossed into the spines.
"Hmm... Already got it, already got it, blargh, huh... That seems different..." She slides a book from the shelf and the friction inadvertently causes the "blarg" book to fall on her head, startling the ferret so that she drops the one she was interested in.
"Ow! Totally worth it!" she grins when she recovers from the surprise, and squats, endeavouring to find the two tomes by feeling about her.
"here you are," Nettie said as she handed Lilly the two fallen books. "Are you alright?"
----------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ooh, we should totally get the ghosts involved and make it a proper Halloween-style prank!" Ray enthuses as he puts the book back on the shelf. He could easily afford it but he knows just how much time he'd waste staring at it when he could be doing other things.
"Where did they go, anyway?"
"I'm here," Tara said, popping her head through the bookshelf in front of Ray to startle him (making sure Nettie wasn't looking so as not to draw attention to herself) "I've no idea where Miles is though."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks. I'm fine. I've taken worse knocks." grins Lilly, taking the books. She puts "blargh" back on the shelf and runs her finger over the blurb of the interesting book. It's the tale of a wolf from the Yukon named White Fang and set in the gold rush. She tucks it under her am and continues browsing the other few books, choosing one somewhat obscure title about a love triangle affecting several actors in a performance in a nineteenth century French opera.
"Ooh! Phantom of the Opera! I've been looking for this in Braille for so long!" She nearly squeals in excitement as she adds the book to her pile and turns back to Nettie, holding out the books.
"I'll take these two!" she smiles happily.

Ray, being feline is naturally high strung so he yelps and jumps all over again as Tara suddenly appears in front of him.
"What is this, scare Ray day?" he grumbles in jest. "Tara, we're going to scare Lyn and get him good. Know any good ghostly tricks that might help? And thanks for the offer, Mickey. I need something new and fresh though. Something he won't see coming." the cat grins maliciously.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Won't see coming, huh?"

Mickey flips to through the book, an mischievous grin crossing her features. She turns it back to Ray, the picture inside showing her against a wall, a dog walking through a doorless doorway, and a roof panel pulling back. It was dropping mud and feathers from inside, about to fall on the dog.

"It doesn't hurt him, it won't embarrass him."

Mickey stopped for a second.

"Much. He'll be laughing too. And he won't see it coming. Played the same one on my boyfriend, as seen in this picture."

She spun the book like a gunslinger would.

"You tell me what you want in that ceiling, it can be anything, and I'll have it done in five minutes. Quicker if this ghost here be a poltergeist."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks. I'm fine. I've taken worse knocks." grins Lilly, taking the books. She puts "blargh" back on the shelf and runs her finger over the blurb of the interesting book. It's the tale of a wolf from the Yukon named White Fang and set in the gold rush. She tucks it under her am and continues browsing the other few books, choosing one somewhat obscure title about a love triangle affecting several actors in a performance in a nineteenth century French opera.
"Ooh! Phantom of the Opera! I've been looking for this in Braille for so long!" She nearly squeals in excitement as she adds the book to her pile and turns back to Nettie, holding out the books.
"I'll take these two!" she smiles happily.
"Well, since you're my only customer in years to buy from my braille section, I'll give these to you at a discount. How does $8 for both sound?"
------
Mickey wrote:"You tell me what you want in that ceiling, it can be anything, and I'll have it done in five minutes. Quicker if this ghost here be a poltergeist."
"I'm actually pretty new at this whole ghost thing, so I'm not sure how good of a poltergeist I can be?" Tara replied. "But I can lift some things."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote: Serenade didn't say anything else , just a little giggle and another nudge at Duke.
As the others went about their own ways , Serenade walked around the bookshelves alongside Duke
"have you read human's book before Duke ?" she asked , as they walked by Mickey , who seemed to be enjoying her new book
Duke smiled and looked around a little almost as if searching for the answer in thin air but he knew exactly what his answer was, though after some quick thinking he felt he should leave some more dramatic pieces of the influence out. But willingly and happily the fox shared his history "Actually yes, quite a bit so. I got a lot of them from camp grounds or humans who set up in the woods off of the normal sites. Heh in honesty I may have "Borrowed" quite a few and never got the chance to return them"
He chuckled as he let out the last bit, knowing full well he didn't borrow but it sounded better than stealing.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That sounds fantastic! I'd hate to take advantage of your hospitality though. I'm quite willing to pay full price." So saying, Lilly rummages around in her satchel, pulling out a small purse with a floral design. She has nearly seventy dollars in coins and notes therein as she's been saving up her allowance, never having been allowed out of the yard to spend it, except on the odd occasion to the ice cream truck as it stopped by her driveway. Opening it up, she waits to hear a revised offer before pulling out the money.

"Maybe something less messy, Mickey. Tara, if you can lift and turn in visible and go through things and whatnot then I think you'll do just fine. But we ought not discuss this with Lyn standing right there or we'll ruin the surprise." Ray points out. "Oh, look. Lilly seems to have found something. I wonder what." He nods to where the ferret is emerging from behind a shelf with Nettie.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: Duke smiled and looked around a little almost as if searching for the answer in thin air but he knew exactly what his answer was, though after some quick thinking he felt he should leave some more dramatic pieces of the influence out. But willingly and happily the fox shared his history "Actually yes, quite a bit so. I got a lot of them from camp grounds or humans who set up in the woods off of the normal sites. Heh in honesty I may have "Borrowed" quite a few and never got the chance to return them"
He chuckled as he let out the last bit, knowing full well he didn't borrow but it sounded better than stealing.
"Really ? Do you still have them ?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"That sounds fantastic! I'd hate to take advantage of your hospitality though. I'm quite willing to pay full price." So saying, Lilly rummages around in her satchel, pulling out a small purse with a floral design. She has nearly seventy dollars in coins and notes therein as she's been saving up her allowance, never having been allowed out of the yard to spend it, except on the odd occasion to the ice cream truck as it stopped by her driveway. Opening it up, she waits to hear a revised offer before pulling out the money.

"Maybe something less messy, Mickey. Tara, if you can lift and turn in visible and go through things and whatnot then I think you'll do just fine. But we ought not discuss this with Lyn standing right there or we'll ruin the surprise." Ray points out. "Oh, look. Lilly seems to have found something. I wonder what." He nods to where the ferret is emerging from behind a shelf with Nettie.
"Alright, Ray."

Mickey begins flipping through the book again, but upon hearing what Ray said, turned to Lilly's direction. She took her purchased book from under her arm, slipping the prank book into it. She smiled and opened it, pretending to read the Huskies book. She flipped through the prank book and smiled at one in her "Stealth" section.

"What about this one Ray," she whispered.

The picture inside showed Mickey in a "Peacock" dress and hat. (Ooc: Peacock from Skullgirls) She had the arms and eyes as well. The dog in the picture was confused on why she looked the way she did.

"It's less messy and Ah can get the outfit from mah house in two minutes if Ah run on all my paws. The pranked one will think Ah've gone through surgery to replace some stuff. Afterward, Ah'll touch the brim of mah hat, clicking a button. A banner will pop out that says, "Pranked by" so-and-so. But since this is a group effort."

Mickey turned the page.

"All Ah gotta do is wear the costume. You two can talk to me as if this nothing's wrong, calling me "Peacock" instead of by my name. As long as Ah'm in that costume, you can make whatever changes you see fit. Whaddaya think?
My characters!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote: "Really ? Do you still have them ?"
Duke's mind immediately went back to his old run down barn of a home way out in the woods, the pile of hay where he hid his favorite books coming into mind very clearly, he'd had many more but they either got thrown away or were left in previous dens and "homes".
With a small chuckle since he was a little impressed he saw it so clearly, he responded happily while looking back at the vixen with a smile
"Heh yeah, I still have quite a few of them. At least a lot of my favorites, hidden back at my old, uhh well barn home. Safe and sound."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"That sounds fantastic! I'd hate to take advantage of your hospitality though. I'm quite willing to pay full price." So saying, Lilly rummages around in her satchel, pulling out a small purse with a floral design. She has nearly seventy dollars in coins and notes therein as she's been saving up her allowance, never having been allowed out of the yard to spend it, except on the odd occasion to the ice cream truck as it stopped by her driveway. Opening it up, she waits to hear a revised offer before pulling out the money.
"Alright, then. Full price is $13," Nettie informed the ferret.
-------
Mickey wrote:"All Ah gotta do is wear the costume. You two can talk to me as if this nothing's wrong, calling me "Peacock" instead of by my name. As long as Ah'm in that costume, you can make whatever changes you see fit. Whaddaya think?
"I think they may have something a bit less complicated in mind," Tara told Mickey.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"There's no pleasin' y'all, is there?"

She calmly showed Ray and Tara the "Stealth" section. She pulled on her handkerchief with her left paw, with luck, hoping no one would notice she was.

"Here, go ahead and choose. The less complicated ones are in the back. Ah played a lot of pranks back on the farm, so choosin' won't take long."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Mickey, Lyn is still here. We'll have a secret meeting to plan everything later on, okay? I have to say though, your drawings in here are quite good! Do you have a favourite?" Reflecting on Tara's last comment, the cat casts a glance her way.
Can you read my thoughts like Miles can then? he thinks at her.

"Awesome! So cheap!" delighted, the ferret pulls out what she hopes is a ten dollar bill (it's actually a twenty) and three dollars in small coins.
"Sorry for the shrapnel. It'll make my purse a bit lighter though. You know, I wish they'd put some braille on these bills. There's no way for us blind pets to tell what bills we have otherwise. I hope what I gave you is right..." she observes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters