HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

~\Rook/~

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

serence ice fox wrote:"well.....I was thinking maybe we should check on Grace a little bit , just to make sure she's alright , but...." The blue fox answered , putting a paw on Jessie's shoulder " I know you care for her Jessie , but you don't have to come if you don't feel up to it right now"
"N-Nono, don't worry about me.. G-Gracie's the one who was.. possessed.." Jessie said lowly. "Family.. O-Or friends, come first." She added, nodding.

(Ooc: 'nother short post..)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:The Czech wolf giggled. "Oh, I am totally sure you will! I'll build you an armor and make you a sword! I'll have to think of something for the steed, tho." Now a gentle breeze was coming from the depths.
"Well, I suppose I could ride on your back," Buster joked.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus laughed so hard, he almost let his candle fall. "Oh love, I believe it would be just perfect for next Halloween! And then you could send a photo to that cousin of yours, Levi! We should--" at that moment, the most cavernous, ominous and bone-chilling voice came from the depths.
"WHO DARES TO ENTER MY DOMINION, FOOLS?!"
And *this* time, Janus let the candle drop as, with a funny squeak, he hopped into Buster's arms much a-la-Scooby. The candle fell until it was lost in the darkness.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster managed to stay standing...for about a second before falling down. He was not the strongest of bunnies, and bunnies aren't that strong to begin with.
But after another second he managed to collect himself and calmly reply, "Who claims dominion under my boyfriend's house?"
he couldn't see anything, so he reeeeeeally hoped this wasn't something that would kill them for his impertinence.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Silence. A long, heavy silence broken by the currents' whispers, and then the booming voice again, "I AM...BORGUS! YES, BORGUS THE TERRIBLE, BORGUS THE DREADFUL, LORD OF EVERYTHING THAT DWELLS IN DARKNESS! FEAR FOR YOUR PUNY SOULS, MORTALS WHO DARE TO DEFY MY DOMINION!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, we're here. Or I'm here at least. Miles thought to Hubert, standing invisible next to Grace.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

While waiting for the response from the others, Grace felt something near her. She turned around, but she didn't see anything.
"Oh wait, of course-lah! They're ghosts! Silly me!" Grace smacked her forehead. "Is anyone there? You don't have to hide, my partner's asleep, and he rarely wakes up once he does woh."

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert sent a mental note to Miles. "That is a good move. I trust you to take care of her in my absence." He then provided to teleport himself and Tara to the distillery well. "May we be of assistance?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Silence. A long, heavy silence broken by the currents' whispers, and then the booming voice again, "I AM...BORGUS! YES, BORGUS THE TERRIBLE, BORGUS THE DREADFUL, LORD OF EVERYTHING THAT DWELLS IN DARKNESS! FEAR FOR YOUR PUNY SOULS, MORTALS WHO DARE TO DEFY MY DOMINION!"
"Well, I've never heard of you," the rabbit asserted
valerio wrote:"May we be of assistance?"
"And I'm not scared of you...Janus, could you get off of me now?"
Should I be scared of this guy, Hubert?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ears low and reddening with shame, Janus got off his rabbit mate.
"YOU SHOULD, YOU FOOL! THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING! AFTER THAT, SHOULD YOU PERSIST IN VIOLATING MY DOMINION, BORGUS WILL JUST WAIT AND GET READY TO FEAST ON YOUR MISERABLE CARCASS!"
"Well, I do not perceive any supernatural presence, that is for sure," Hubert said. "This makes this Borgus entity a mortal one."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Mortal, eh?" Buster asked, quickly formulating what to say. "I see, that makes sense. You must have been cooped up down here for a long time, Borgus, because no one around here would even think about messing with us," he said with a calm smile. "So I'll give you one chance to show yourself and apologize for claiming dominion in our territory."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Silence was the answer.
From behind Buster's shoulders, Janus' head peeked out. "Now he's waiting. He'll eat us!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"worse than him have tried," Buster said bravely, seriously hoping they were dealing with someone who would fall for his words.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus nodded. "If you go, I will come with you."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

and Buster continued on. He still hadn't lit one of the candles, so he did that now so he could see.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

When the stairs ended, the darkness was all-enveloping, like a thick wall all around the group. The air was fresh, though smelling of damp. The trembling candle light could barely breach the darkn--
and then the wind smothered the flame.
"Scarey..." Janus said, staying *very* close to Buster. He almost jumped into Buster's arms again as the ominous voice came back.
"YOU HAVE COME TO MEET YOUR DOOM!" said the voice of Borgus...only, it now sounded less ominous.
In fact, it sounded as if it was coming through a loudspeaker. "THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING, OR PREPARE YOURSELF TO--"
"Allow me," Hubert said, a moment before glowing with an intense blue light.
"GHOST!" said a squeaky voice, then the rat holding the speaker let it go and ran behind the nearest corner.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

HEY! What am I supposed to do helping her by myself! Miles thought to Hubert.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<You act with a marked self-assuredness. I am sure you can befriend her and watch over her without causing undue problems. Otherwise, you can call for me anytime.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:When the stairs ended, the darkness was all-enveloping, like a thick wall all around the group. The air was fresh, though smelling of damp. The trembling candle light could barely breach the darkn--
and then the wind smothered the flame.
"Scarey..." Janus said, staying *very* close to Buster. He almost jumped into Buster's arms again as the ominous voice came back.
"YOU HAVE COME TO MEET YOUR DOOM!" said the voice of Borgus...only, it now sounded less ominous.
In fact, it sounded as if it was coming through a loudspeaker. "THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING, OR PREPARE YOURSELF TO--"
"Allow me," Hubert said, a moment before glowing with an intense blue light.
"GHOST!" said a squeaky voice, then the rat holding the speaker let it go and ran behind the nearest corner.
"Borgus, I presume? don't worry, these are friendly ghosts," Buster called to the rat
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"There are n-no friendly g-ghosties here!" the rat's voice came. "They are nasty! They make things go bump! They are cold and ugly! They look DEAD!" Then, in a less shrilly tone, "And you are invading my territory. Whaddayawant?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

xhunterko wrote:HEY! What am I supposed to do helping her by myself! Miles thought to Hubert.
The persistent feeling that someone was there but not seeing anyone started to bug Grace, juuuuuust slightly. "You know, I'm sure it'll be better if we can talk instead of me having a monologue by myself."

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles then appeared.

"Oh, sorry, it's just, the others are supposed to be here, it was their idea," Miles said, "But now they've teleported off somewhere else."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage had spent most of the day hanging around his house reading and watching movies while his owners were in the next town shopping for the new house. But he was begining to get bored and decided to head over to Gordie's for a bite to eat. When he got there he noticed Serenade and some other new pets he didn't recognize sitting at one of the tables. Well I guess I should go say hi at least. I don't need to be rude. He walked up to the table rubbing the spot where his missing ear had been and trying not to let his nerves show. "Hey Serenade, how's it going?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

xhunterko wrote:Miles then appeared.

"Oh, sorry, it's just, the others are supposed to be here, it was their idea," Miles said, "But now they've teleported off somewhere else."
"No problem," Grace smiled. "I'm sure that they have some prior engagements elsewhere that they need to attend to."
She petted the spot on the sofa next to her, "Come on, have a seat. We can have some chit-chat while waiting."

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"There are n-no friendly g-ghosties here!" the rat's voice came. "They are nasty! They make things go bump! They are cold and ugly! They look DEAD!" Then, in a less shrilly tone, "And you are invading my territory. Whaddayawant?"
"Well, we were just looking around down here," Buster answered.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

In the dragon's blue light, the rat's black fur looked glossy as he peeked out the corner. "Look around for wut?"
"The old distillery!" Janus answered with enthusiasm. "Do you know the place?"
The rat sighed and then came out completely. "Hmf, I do. But what do I get in return?" he looked at Buster. He liked this bunny, he looked and acted brave.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:"well.....I was thinking maybe we should check on Grace a little bit , just to make sure she's alright , but...." The blue fox answered , putting a paw on Jessie's shoulder " I know you care for her Jessie , but you don't have to come if you don't feel up to it right now"
"N-Nono, don't worry about me.. G-Gracie's the one who was.. possessed.." Jessie said lowly. "Family.. O-Or friends, come first." She added, nodding.
"alright" Serenade said gently , smiled at Jessie , then look at the rest of her friends "well , I guess we better get going-"
Seth wrote:Gage had spent most of the day hanging around his house reading and watching movies while his owners were in the next town shopping for the new house. But he was begining to get bored and decided to head over to Gordie's for a bite to eat. When he got there he noticed Serenade and some other new pets he didn't recognize sitting at one of the tables. Well I guess I should go say hi at least. I don't need to be rude. He walked up to the table rubbing the spot where his missing ear had been and trying not to let his nerves show. "Hey Serenade, how's it going?
"Oh ! Hi Gage ! I'm fine, nice to meet you again" the fox said , surprised that she would run into Gage again so soon
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:In the dragon's blue light, the rat's black fur looked glossy as he peeked out the corner. "Look around for wut?"
"The old distillery!" Janus answered with enthusiasm. "Do you know the place?"
The rat sighed and then came out completely. "Hmf, I do. But what do I get in return?" he looked at Buster. He liked this bunny, he looked and acted brave.
"hmm... Janus, we have any leftovers from breakfast we could give him?" Buster asked. "I imagine it would be better than whatever he can find down here."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus' tail started wagging. "Sure! We got a fridgeful worth of leftovers...Borgus here can come up and pick up whatever he wants!" he looked around. "I guess there's no fridge here."
The rat nodded. "I'll take your word for it, doggie. Anyway, you two better stick with me: you can get lost quite easily down here. Oh, and my name's Pat. And don't say a thing or I'll chew through your shins. And mind the neighbors." He started walking, taking the lead.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles sat down.

"No they don't. They are supposed to be helping you deal with our ghost stuff," Miles said, crossing his arms, "I can't do anything without them. So, the first time we met earlier this morning, you showed me your notebook. You like to draw?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Grace maintained that smile. "Well, I'm sure they'll be here soon. Some things are worth the wait." The ermine reached out to pat him on his knee, but stopped midway. She then pulled her paw back and rubbed her other wrist with it instead.

"Sorry about that. And yeah, I love to draw. In fact, I went to the park to draw some stuff, been a while you know? Funny thing is, I can't seem to remember what happened there, my memory's like Swiss cheese." Grace giggled despite the rather morbid joke. "So, I'm assuming that I first met you there, Miles?"

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"It's fine, old habits die hard. But yeah," Miles said, "I turned your sketchbook into a popup diorama, heh."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Oooh, that sounds cool! I never knew ghosts can do that!" Grace exclaimed. Looking at the white cat though, she saw something in his face, and her excitement abated.

Instinctively, her left paw reached for the cat again but this time it continued towards its destination, heading towards his shoulder. Once her paw touched him, she felt a cold chill running down her spine, but let the paw stay there.

"You know, it isn't always bad getting to know others like it's the first time you've met them," Grace started. "There's a Japanese saying that I couldn't remember at the moment, but it essentially means that you should treat every encounter like it's your first one and your last one. I think it has something to do with seeing things in a new perspective, and doing everything you can to make that meeting meaningful." Grace cast her sight downwards, and her smile waned. "Like me and my late husband. I never stopped saying to him that I love him every single day, and I did that before the car accident. I really miss him, but I'm glad that I managed to say it to him before he passed away."

The ermine sighed once, then gripped Miles' shoulder a little tighter, never noticing whether she could actually touch a spirit. "So yeah, we can always start anew with our meetings. Cherish the memories of the old but celebrate the memories of the new." The smile returned. "That sounded rather cheesy, isn't it?"

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles giggled. But gently removed her paw from his shoulder, setting it down gently on the couch, and scooted a bit away.

"Not really, but you should avoid contact. Indirect contact caused you to have a reaction and I don't know what direct contact would do to you," he said, "But you were lucky enough to be married? What was he like?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The ermine nodded, and placed her paws on her lap. "Oh, okay. Sorry, I... just that you look sad."

"About my marriage, yeah, I was lucky enough to have met Putera. We met in a book-signing session; he was looking for a gift for his owner's son while she went grocery shopping. He was a very sweet ermine, and very handsome too. Something just.. well, clicked right there, and before we knew it, we were already dating. The more I got to know Putera, the more I think we were meant for each other. Dependable, loving and gentle..."

She looked up at the ceiling, a distant look in her eyes. "It was a no-brainer when he proposed, I never said 'yes' faster in my life. We moved in with Timmy, and those days are filled with happiness. More so when I learned I got pregnant with our first litter." At this moment, she put her paws on her stomach, and a solitary drop fell onto those paws. "I--I was so looking forward to having a family with him, you know. But in the end, we as mortals can only plan, God has the final say in the end."

Her paws were shaking, and tears now flow freely from Grace's eyes. "I miss him so much, Miles. So much..."

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus' tail started wagging. "Sure! We got a fridgeful worth of leftovers...Borgus here can come up and pick up whatever he wants!" he looked around. "I guess there's no fridge here."
The rat nodded. "I'll take your word for it, doggie. Anyway, you two better stick with me: you can get lost quite easily down here. Oh, and my name's Pat. And don't say a thing or I'll chew through your shins. And mind the neighbors." He started walking, taking the lead.
"And what neighbors are those?" Buster asked as he followed the rat.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Seth wrote:Gage had spent most of the day hanging around his house reading and watching movies while his owners were in the next town shopping for the new house. But he was begining to get bored and decided to head over to Gordie's for a bite to eat. When he got there he noticed Serenade and some other new pets he didn't recognize sitting at one of the tables. Well I guess I should go say hi at least. I don't need to be rude. He walked up to the table rubbing the spot where his missing ear had been and trying not to let his nerves show. "Hey Serenade, how's it going?
Looking up at the other pet his ears perked slightly "You two know each other I take it? I'm Riley by the way, nice to meet you. Oh and feel free to join us, we are just trying to um settle down a bit."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"And what neighbors are those?" Buster asked as he followed the rat.
Pat pointed with his thumb at thin air. "*Those* neighbors."
The mortal eye couldn't see anything of course, but just as Hubert's spectral light illuminated them while moving, the pale figures of men and women and animals appeared. And they were all looking at the newcomers with hostile eyes. Standing there. Immobile.
Janus' tail went way between his legs as he held at Buster for dear life.
"Fear not," Hubert said. "They are but pale shadows, reflection of what they were. You would be in danger only if you were medium, prone to be possessed."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I'm sorry, I, don't mean to cause you pain," Miles said, "Can I ask what happened to the litter? Or would you prefer to not talk about it?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

It took a while for Grace to stop sobbing, but once she did, she rubbed her tear-stricken eyes with the back of her paws. She snerked several times, looking more like a crying child at the moment.

"It's okay, I want to talk about my babies, so that I wouldn't forget," Grace started saying slowly. The more she talked, the more she looked recomposed. "We were driving, to get our monthly checkup at the vet. I was due to deliver in about 2 months, and we were busy talking, planning on names for the babies. Debating whether to get an ultrasound to see how many of them were in me. Then, it happened."

She paused for a while, trying to not let the grief take over. "Another car hit us on the side at a traffic light intersection. The driver drove past the red light. We hit a tree at the side of the road, and the whole car turned upside down." As the ermine was reliving the horrendous moment, she was visibly shaking, but her voice remained steady. "I passed out from the pain, and when I woke up, I was at the ICU ward. Later I learned that my babies didn't make it... were stillborn. All seven of them, 3 boys 4 girls. My husband was k-k-killed on the scene, p-p-protecting me from the impact. Timmy sustained spinal cord injuries."

Grace stopped talking, and hugged herself. "Even after two years, the pain still have not abated." She flashed a ghost of her smile at the white cat, her eyes red and her cheekfur matted from all the crying she did. "I apologize for the lengthy story, but people always avoided talking about it with me, even Timmy. But I want to talk about it, to remember them, to keep them living in my memory. And you gave me the chance Miles. Thank you."

((OOC: Like Grace, I have to apologize for the long storytelling. It's kinda hard to convey the story effectively.))