HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Yeah. So long as Duke is. Miles thought to both, still just a tad nervous but knowing that if, should anything go awry, a much more stronger spirit then he would intervene. That gave him a small amount of confidence.
<Good! Remember, what you will be seeing is a metaphor of reality. It is a way to help you to be familiar with the forces involved.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Waiting for Marine Fox to post for Duke.

ic:

All right. Let's give this a whirl! He thought, patting Duke on the shoulder.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

kurowolfe wrote:While she watched Riley passing the last piece of pizza to the blue fox, possibly as an act of apology, and seeing Serenade taking the pizza gratefully, the ermine touched Jessie's paw and asked, "You've been quiet, sweetie. Thinking of something?"
Jessie snapped out of her daydream when Grace touched her paw. "Oh! sorry.. I was in my own little world!" She said, smiling. She then looked to the empty plates. "Aww.. No more pizza.."
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

~\Rook/~ wrote: Jessie snapped out of her daydream when Grace touched her paw. "Oh! sorry.. I was in my own little world!" She said, smiling. She then looked to the empty plates. "Aww.. No more pizza.."
"oh ! I'm....erm...I'm sorry , I didn't know you would like that last piece"
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"Nah, it's okay! When it's gone, it's gone! That's what my mum says!" Jessie says, still smiling. "Oh, which reminds me! Mum said my dinner was at.. um.. oh I forget!" She added, shrugging.
Character Reference
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Nah, it's okay! When it's gone, it's gone! That's what my mum says!" Jessie says, still smiling. "Oh, which reminds me! Mum said my dinner was at.. um.. oh I forget!" She added, shrugging.
"It's still a little early , so I don't think it's your dinner time yet , don't worry about it"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn, who had fallen asleep, rolled out of the booth and onto the floor. "I meant to do that!" he said, standing up quickly.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

valerio wrote:<Duke, this mere contact will trigger your atavic fears of the dead. Relax, ignore them, open yourself to your spiritual friend, just as if his was the touch of a mortal being.
<Miles, once Duke has relaxed, you will perceive him as a warm, glowing light. That is the light of the living ones, and you will feel drawn to it. You will feel the hunger as if it was a physical thing, an irresistible force. And so, in order to help you fight it, I will paint a...more apt scenario for you to work with. Are you ready?"

Duke relaxed and did as he was instructed, feeling ghostly paws on his shoulders he knew Miles was ready as well.
xhunterko wrote: All right. Let's give this a whirl! He thought, patting Duke on the shoulder.
Duke nodded to nothing and fully relaxed taking a few breaths
"I'm Ready"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

hypernovatic wrote:Lyn, who had fallen asleep, rolled out of the booth and onto the floor. "I meant to do that!" he said, standing up quickly.
"Getting bored between Pizzas?" Gordie asked as he set another pizza on the table. "Guess I'll need to work faster to get you more."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

All right Hubert, we're good. Let's try this then. Miles thought to Hubert. And in a motion, he lifted his right arm, and scratched the back of his head.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Make contact.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Tara watched closely
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:Lyn, who had fallen asleep, rolled out of the booth and onto the floor. "I meant to do that!" he said, standing up quickly.
"Getting bored between Pizzas?" Gordie asked as he set another pizza on the table. "Guess I'll need to work faster to get you more."
"Oh it's ok sir , you don't have to do that , we're in no rush ourselves"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I wasn't trying to be rude sir. I just dozed off on accident." Lyn apologized.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"No problem at all, lots of folks doze off after eating a lot," Gordie replied.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn sat back down and grabbed a piece of pizza. "Thank you for the pizza." he thanked Gordie.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Jessie snapped out of her daydream when Grace touched her paw. "Oh! sorry.. I was in my own little world!" She said, smiling. She then looked to the empty plates. "Aww.. No more pizza.."
"Hehe, you're really a dreamy girl, aren't you?" Grace said, giggling. "It's not dark yet, so no worries about missing dinner time lor. But remember, we promised to join Buster and Janus for the picnic tonight, so don't eat too much till then, or you're going to miss on the good food!"

Touch. She felt a sudden touch on her shoulder, and she turned around by reflex, just to be confronted with the back of her seat. What was that? She swore she could feel a hand or paw just now. A cold hand or paw at that. Oh no, is it...
The ermine hid her apprehension of the situation by remarking, "I sure hope not, Lyn dear, unless the ground still have some secrets it has not told you yet."

However, the cold hands were still there, on her shoulders. Not temperature-like cold, like lonely sort of cold. Grace shuddered, and she hugged herself to calm herself down. She felt... scared, somehow. Of something. Unknown.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles was confused.

I thought I was? What do I do just, step inside him? Miles asked.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

kurowolfe wrote:The ermine hid her apprehension of the situation by remarking, "I sure hope not, Lyn dear, unless the ground still have some secrets it has not told you yet."
Lyn rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, I think it just wants some attention now." he said.
kurowolfe wrote:However, the cold hands were still there, on her shoulders. Not temperature-like cold, like lonely sort of cold. Grace shuddered, and she hugged herself to calm herself down. She felt... scared, somehow. Of something. Unknown.
"Are you okay Grace? Are you cold?" Lyn asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Miles was confused.

I thought I was? What do I do just, step inside him? Miles asked.
<Correct. Walk toward the light. The new scenario will appear in front of you.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Description provided by valerio.

ic:

Then Duke's body changed to Miles. Duke's body looked just like a marionette theatre, but made with candies. Sweet, beautiful candies whose scent could drive anyone crazy just at their sight! Miles drooled at the sight. He breathed heavy, let his tongue out to one side, and started drooling as he slowly made his way towards Duke! Then he looked down, and noticed the awful, terrifying shape Duke's leg was in. Instantly he shook his head to snap himself out of his stupor. Then he calmed his breathing, and closed his eyes. He had remembered seeing strings coming from Duke's limbs, and did his best to head towards those.

Tell me when to stop. He thought to Hubert.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

hypernovatic wrote:"Are you okay Grace? Are you cold?" Lyn asked.
"I think I'm okaeeeEEEEEE!!!" Grace shrieked so loud that the windows rattled from the high-pitched sound. Breathing heavily, she fell off her seat and cringed, hugging her body in a fetal position. Her eyes were as wide as saucers, yet the shine that was usually there was absent.

Idon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodie......

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:ooc: Description provided by valerio.

ic:

Then Duke's body changed to Miles. Duke's body looked just like a marionette theatre, but made with candies. Sweet, beautiful candies whose scent could drive anyone crazy just at their sight! Miles drooled at the sight. He breathed heavy, let his tongue out to one side, and started drooling as he slowly made his way towards Duke! Then he looked down, and noticed the awful, terrifying shape Duke's leg was in. Instantly he shook his head to snap himself out of his stupor. Then he calmed his breathing, and closed his eyes. He had remembered seeing strings coming from Duke's limbs, and did his best to head towards those.

<Just use the threads. Those are your connection to Duke. Move him and from that moment on his body will be yours. You will be again a physical being for the duration of the experiment. Just do not fall prey of the hunger. Tara, you shall help him in case he started to succumb: Such experiences may prove too strong for a newly ghost.>
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

serence ice fox wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Nah, it's okay! When it's gone, it's gone! That's what my mum says!" Jessie says, still smiling. "Oh, which reminds me! Mum said my dinner was at.. um.. oh I forget!" She added, shrugging.
"It's still a little early , so I don't think it's your dinner time yet , don't worry about it"
"Hehe, yeah.. But you guys will let me know, right? I'm no good with time.." Jessie says, shrugging.
Jessie giggled as Lyn jumped up. "You're funny!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Getting bored between Pizzas?" Gordie asked as he set another pizza on the table. "Guess I'll need to work faster to get you more."
"Yaay! More food!" Jessie said as the new pizza was placed on the table.
hypernovatic wrote:"I wasn't trying to be rude sir. I just dozed off on accident." Lyn apologized.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"No problem at all, lots of folks doze off after eating a lot," Gordie replied.
hypernovatic wrote:Lyn sat back down and grabbed a piece of pizza. "Thank you for the pizza." he thanked Gordie.
"Oh ya! Thank you!" Jessie said before she took the second bite out of the pizza slice she grabbed.
hypernovatic wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:The ermine hid her apprehension of the situation by remarking, "I sure hope not, Lyn dear, unless the ground still have some secrets it has not told you yet."
Lyn rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, I think it just wants some attention now." he said.
kurowolfe wrote:However, the cold hands were still there, on her shoulders. Not temperature-like cold, like lonely sort of cold. Grace shuddered, and she hugged herself to calm herself down. She felt... scared, somehow. Of something. Unknown.
"Are you okay Grace? Are you cold?" Lyn asked.
kurowolfe wrote:"I think I'm okaeeeEEEEEE!!!" Grace shrieked so loud that the windows rattled from the high-pitched sound. Breathing heavily, she fell off her seat and cringed, hugging her body in a fetal position. Her eyes were as wide as saucers, yet the shine that was usually there was absent.
"Gracie!!" Jessie screeched as the ermine screamed and fell from the booth. Jessie quickly crouched down over her, hugging her, trying to help. "Graciee!!" She said to her, tears in her eyes.
Character Reference
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles released a breath.

All right. He thought, grabbing the strings. He decided to keep things simple, looking at Duke's hurt leg, a stern reminder that this body was not his. Otherwise, he might just Miles shook his head. Then he began. First, he walked from one side of the alley, to the other. Then stood in the middle and stretched as if from a yawn. Then he looked at the fence in the back. It was a wooden fence that blocked off another alley. A trash can was set in front of it. Miles giggled a moment. Then he walked to the trash can, climbed up it, carefully, minding Duke's leg, then up to the fence. He walked to one side, and after making sure no one was looking, did a little stunt. He pretended to have a hat, which he took off, and began to wave in the air, looking out to the street with a smile. Then in his other arm, pretended he had a cane, tucked it under. Then he danced backwards to the other side, then danced backwards again back to where he was. Miles chuckled a little and figured that was enough. He climbed down the fence and the trash can.

Sorry Duke, hope that wasn't too silly for ya. Miles thought to him. He returned Duke to the center of the alley and began to let go. As he backed away, Duke's tail swished in front of him. For one brief moment, Miles thought of nibbling off one tiny little piece. Then, remembering what he'd done to food the last time he ate any, he jerked back in terror!

"Hubert!" he said in a panic.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<I know. Here, let me help you.> just a swish of his wing, and the dreagon severed the contact. <You have performed well: That display of fear proved that your ethics overcame your hunger. That is good.>
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Grace!" Lyn exclaimed, crouching next to the ermine. He grabbed her shoulder. "Grace, what's wrong?" Lyn asked, now extremely concerned.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

~\Rook/~ wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:"I think I'm okaeeeEEEEEE!!!" Grace shrieked so loud that the windows rattled from the high-pitched sound. Breathing heavily, she fell off her seat and cringed, hugging her body in a fetal position. Her eyes were as wide as saucers, yet the shine that was usually there was absent.
"Gracie!!" Jessie screeched as the ermine screamed and fell from the booth. Jessie quickly crouched down over her, hugging her, trying to help. "Graciee!!" She said to her, tears in her eyes.
hypernovatic wrote:"Grace!" Lyn exclaimed, crouching next to the ermine. He grabbed her shoulder. "Grace, what's wrong?" Lyn asked, now extremely concerned.
"◊It is alright....◊" Serenade said calmly , a bit too calm , given what just happened and with all the panicking around her . The blue fox slowly , and gently , ran her finger along Grace's head "◊Do not fear , little ermine , for your time has yet to come......◊" She whispered , but there was something her voice strange , it was different , it sounded like there was another voice talking in sync with her , a voice with a lot more confidence than Serenade's own , even a little bit alluring "◊what you're seeing is not of your sight , what you're feeling is not of your senses , you have shared , you have observed , little ermine◊" She continued ,running her finger down along Grace's cheek , before stopping under her jaw , gently lifted it up so that their eyes met "◊But it's time for your return , ermine , you are safe , for we are here , let our voices be your guide , come back to us here , where you will stay safe ermine◊"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The ermine's body suddenly jerked forward, as if being pulled by an invisible rope. Her eyes were almost bulging out, and her mouth wide agape, a deep throaty, unearthly rumble issued forth from it. She couldn't hear anything, and inside, she could only see death. Vehemence. Anger. Hunger. Dying...

And when Serenade came down and stroked Grace's cheek, whispering words as cooling as her name with a more confident yet thick timbre, it only served to rile the ermine up even more. She gnashed her teeth, and blood red started filling her once black pupils.

"NG HOU GAU NGOH!!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. Her voice was... not of this world... She pushed everyone and bared her fangs, arms outstretched and claws unsheathed. "NG HOU GAU NGOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!"

A split second later, the door of the restaurant was pushed roughly open, and a young man in an armchair rushed in, panic written all over his bespectacled face. He was only wearing a loose white T-shirt and pajama pants, and his hair looked tussled and unkempt.

"Give way, please! Give way!" he shouted, signalling everyone to back away from the writhing Grace. He then hurriedly stumbled out of his armchair and dragged himself near her. "Mei Mei, MEI MEI! TING NGO! LAANG JHING!"

Once close, he gripped both the ermine's wrists and literally sat on her stomach to tie her down in place. Grace was giving a ferocious fight however, and thrashed about, shouting even more harsh words at no one in particular.

"Ugh, this is rough!" the man announced, sweat breaking from his body, and quickly pulled a piece of long paper from inside his T-shirt. The paper was adorned with various symbols and Chinese writings, written in red ink. He then pressed the paper onto Grace's chest, reciting some words like a prayer in quick succession, and keeping his hold on her.

Grace wailed one last time, before collapsing underneath the man, her sudden strength leaving her, her body finally slacked. Even her face was like how she was before, her eyes closed like in a peaceful slumber.

"Thank goodness," the man sighed, and pulled away, collapsing on the floor next to the ermine, facing her and ruffling the fur on her head.

(OOC: Translation:
"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"
"Mei Mei, MEI MEI! LISTEN TO ME! CALM DOWN!")

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:ooc: Description provided by valerio.

ic:

Duke couldn't see it but he could feel almost what was going on he knew it was happening, he felt a slight warmth against him for a moment before it ceased before his head felt like someone had hit it with a club, causing him to whine slightly and wince from the sudden headache and sharing of body and soul with another being.
xhunterko wrote:Miles released a breath.

All right. He thought, grabbing the strings. He decided to keep things simple, looking at Duke's hurt leg, a stern reminder that this body was not his. Otherwise, he might just Miles shook his head. Then he began. First, he walked from one side of the alley, to the other. Then stood in the middle and stretched as if from a yawn. Then he looked at the fence in the back. It was a wooden fence that blocked off another alley. A trash can was set in front of it. Miles giggled a moment. Then he walked to the trash can, climbed up it, carefully, minding Duke's leg, then up to the fence. He walked to one side, and after making sure no one was looking, did a little stunt. He pretended to have a hat, which he took off, and began to wave in the air, looking out to the street with a smile. Then in his other arm, pretended he had a cane, tucked it under. Then he danced backwards to the other side, then danced backwards again back to where he was. Miles chuckled a little and figured that was enough. He climbed down the fence and the trash can.

Sorry Duke, hope that wasn't too silly for ya. Miles thought to him. He returned Duke to the center of the alley and began to let go. As he backed away, Duke's tail swished in front of him. For one brief moment, Miles thought of nibbling off one tiny little piece. Then, remembering what he'd done to food the last time he ate any, he jerked back in terror!

"Hubert!" he said in a panic.
Duke still had the almost unbearable headache until he mind and sense of control went blank, he could still see and feel but only through the entity controlling him, he became the definition of a puppet and when Miles made him do tricks he almost wanted to be angry, feeling like this was some sort of joke but he couldn't. Duke couldn't show he was angry or even slightly amused when Miles apologized, he was not able to will his own body. Duke was a sub sect of his own mind now, no influence, no voice just nothing until his body were restored to him. When it looked like Miles was going to call it for now and His own spirit and soul started to move back in Duke couldn't help but flex his limbs as much as he could even move his tail a bit but as he did so he felt an instance of fear, hunger and quickly terror and before he could realize what this was it was gone, severed like a lonely string but to Duke there was something with the exit of Miles soul that stirred up his forgotten memories, ones that had been subjected to the farthest reaches of his mind were now flooding back to him, not coming without its cost. Duke winced again as his head hurt and ached not only from the forced exit but also from the new memories that now flashed back to him.

The memories felt real, almost lucid as they came to him but while he watched his head hurt more and more, Duke brought both paws over his ears, trying to deal with the aching. He watched the images of his parents flood in, he couldn't help himself as his injured leg gave out and he crumpled to his knee's softly crying as this happened. He was helpless to his deja vu and his forgotten demons were coming back to him.

(OOC: :!: If this makes no sense in the current situation, I can edit it down :mrgreen: )
Last edited by Marine Fox on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

During the whole time ever since the man rushed in to help Grace , Serenade just stood there , watching them both , like she was studying them. It was not until Grace fell into slumber that the blue fox's eyes turned back to normal "Is she....is she gonna be OK sir ? And....who're you?" she asked , and for the first time during the whole incident , showing her concern toward the well being of her new friend in her voice.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

You know, I think Duke's had enough for today. Miles thought to Hubert and Tara.

"Duke?" Miles said, kneeling, and appearing beside his friend. He went to touch him but didn't, thinking it for the best he did not.

"I'm, I-I'm s-sorry buddy, I'm, I'm s-sorry," he said,almost crying if he could, head down.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The man was so preoccupied with caressing Grace's sleeping form that he was not aware of his surrounding. Only when someone asked him something that he turned and glanced at all the faces looking at them both. On the floor.

His cheeks turned bright red in an instant, and he tried to sit up, but it didn't seem like it was possible for him. So he settled with propping his upper body with his elbows, cringing in pain. Even then, the man seemed to be very flustered, and looked anywhere but upwards.

"Err... erm... hello. I'm Timmy, Grace's partner," he said, and faux-coughed once to hide his nerves. "A-and no worries, s-she will recover soon. Just tired." As a gesture, more likely to reconfirm this, he placed one hand with difficulty over the paper talisman over Grace's chest.

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn was shocked at what had happened to Grace. "Hi Timmy. I'm Lyn." he said. "I have a question. How did you know she was here?" Lyn asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

kurowolfe wrote:The man was so preoccupied with caressing Grace's sleeping form that he was not aware of his surrounding. Only when someone asked him something that he turned and glanced at all the faces looking at them both. On the floor.

His cheeks turned bright red in an instant, and he tried to sit up, but it didn't seem like it was possible for him. So he settled with propping his upper body with his elbows, cringing in pain. Even then, the man seemed to be very flustered, and looked anywhere but upwards.

"Err... erm... hello. I'm Timmy, Grace's partner," he said, and faux-coughed once to hide his nerves. "A-and no worries, s-she will recover soon. Just tired." As a gesture, more likely to reconfirm this, he placed one hand with difficulty over the paper talisman over Grace's chest.
"Glad to hear,"Gordie said as he put back the phone he was about to use to call the vet.

The deputy trusted his brother to call the vet and didn't really have time to react.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

hypernovatic wrote:Lyn was shocked at what had happened to Grace. "Hi Timmy. I'm Lyn." he said. "I have a question. How did you know she was here?" Lyn asked.
Listening to the rust-coloured cat's question caused the blush on Timmy's cheek to deepen even more, and he acted as if he was about to faint.

But no, they need to know. Even if they would carry him to a mental hospital after this.

He took in a deep breath to calm his nerves down, and answered, "Hello Lyn. About your question ah, you might think what I'm about to say is crazy and nonsensical, but it's the truth. You see ah--" Timmy looked at everyone, "-- Grace here just got possessed by a malevolent spirit. You could say she's extremely sensitive to ghostly presence and manipulation and such."

He dragged his body towards a chair and leaned on it, letting out a sigh of relief. "Sorry about that, my elbows were hurting so much. Anyway, like her, I can also sense the supernatural, but I can only attune myself to Grace here. Took me about a year to train myself to be able to feel her qi, or life energy." Timmy closed his eyes and bowed his head. "This was not the first time this had happened, and this incidence was a mild case. I'm just glad no one was seriously hurt." He shuddered for a instant from fear, and reopened his eyes to look at Lyn. "It's a good thing I also learned a bit about exorcism and neutralization, so I immediately rushed here when her qi went haywire."

"Does that answer your question, Lyn?'

valerio

Post by valerio »

<I am proud of both of you, instead,> Hubert said to Miles and Duke. To the fox, he added, <This experiment in possession will be of help should the need arise. A benefit of this union is also Miles' or Tara's ability to pass unobserved to other ghosts or lesser spirits, who are too dazzled to the living's shining to take notice of another soul possessing it.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles shook his head.

"As long as I can help it, I'm never asking Duke to let me do that again," he said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Miles shook his head.
"As long as I can help it, I'm never asking Duke to let me do that again," he said.
<A dire emergency may trascend one's desires. Readiness is the best weapon against surprise, or all the good manners in the world will not save one's life.>
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Malevolent......spirit ?" Serenade asked , steeping back a little bit , could this be her fault ? There was no other spirit that she could've sensed , And that only leave one spirit , but.....how could this be possible ?