HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Mickey

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by Mickey »

"You don't remember? Well that is a shame."

"I wished to hear of where you came from, but if you do not remember it is alright."

Mario took to jumping the distance from each animals shoulder and/or muzzle to the next, smiling and laughing. He landed on Delilah's muzzle first and she playfully swung her head to give him more launch. He landed on Storms shoulder and quickly jumped back to Delilah, grabbing her tail and using it like a swinging vine to swing over to Joey's shoulder. He climbed to the top of his head and jumped to Jake's shoulder. The degu panted happily after his little adventure and leaned on the side of Jake's face.

"So, Jake. Your opinion interspecies couples?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

serence ice fox wrote:"Erm...." Storm paused for a second , well not like actual pause , her legs were still keeping up with the group , it's just that her upper body seems like they were frozen in time for a few seconds , before the lioness returned to normal and answered with a surprising amount of casualness "honestly , I don't know , I don't remember"
Met was a little surprised at Storm's nonchalant-ness at such a reveal. "Is there a story behind that?" he asked. "Or were you just found one day without memories?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"you could said it's the latter I guess" Storm shrugged "Dad said a few years back a wolf he met a long time ago just appeared in front of his house , carrying me , badly hurt . She didn't tell him what happened , just that my name is Storm , and then left a few days later before I woke up ."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So, you don't remember anything before that time?" Joey queries.

Distracted by the degu, Jake doesn't hear Storm's answer.
"Impressive acrobatics. Where'd you learn to do that?" he asks. "Couples" is not a term he's heard before and the concept of mating outside his species is as foreign to Jake as dressing in a grass skirt and dancing the hula. "But... Inter-what now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"When you live in the Savannah and are as small as I, climbing trees and using swinging vines are a virtue for survival."

Mario's ears pinned back just a bit at hearing the second question, but he took a deep breath and spoke.

"In-ter-spe-cies coup-le," Mario was careful to pronounce each syllable slowly and clearly, "a loving relationship between two different species. Not loving like the sibling love between me and Delilah, but like from the boyfriend-girlfriend thing I spoke of earlier."

Mario snickers quietly and rubs his paws together.

"An example of an Interspecies couple would be you and Delilah."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"So, you don't remember anything before that time?" Joey queries.
"yeah , nothing at all..."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Herodotus and Laika were walking down the street. Laika was doing circles around him and pointing out all the new stuff they were seeing. As they continued walking they noticed another group of animals down the road. "Oh look, let's go say hi!" Laika said as she began to run down the street. Herodotus nodded and continued walking, his limp was affecting him more than it usually does with all the walking they've been doing. Laika ran up to the group, "Hi."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"So, you don't remember anything before that time?" Joey queries.
"yeah , nothing at all..."
"I'm sorry to hear that," Met said sadly. "Though I guess it may be better that you don't remember if you were hurt."
Civilization wrote:Herodotus and Laika were walking down the street. Laika was doing circles around him and pointing out all the new stuff they were seeing. As they continued walking they noticed another group of animals down the road. "Oh look, let's go say hi!" Laika said as she began to run down the street. Herodotus nodded and continued walking, his limp was affecting him more than it usually does with all the walking they've been doing. Laika ran up to the group, "Hi."
"Oh hey, new pets," Maria said. "Hi, welcome." she waved.
Met turned to look at the new pets and was surprised to see what looked like ferrets. "Oh, hi. Um, May I ask what species you are?"

(OOC: I think we should get to the vet soon. probably in my or Furr's next post)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Bandit and cooper ran past quickley each was holding a bag the smell of cooked sausage and food wafted in the air as they passed. They then ran back to the group somewhere in town a cook would find the food stolen from the kitchen confused. The two leopards looked at the group, "what did we miss?" the two said simotaneously
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Why would anyone want to mate outside their own species?" Jake demands, bwildered. "Or do you mean the whole not-mate-not-friend-somthing-inbetween-that's-embarrassing thing? In that case I have no idea. I can't figure that part out."

"I wonder if the humans have something that can help with that. We should ask them when they've finished looking at Delilah. Speaking of which, isn't that the clinic there?"
"Yeah, it is!" Jake bounds over and holds the door open for the others, probably very nearly dislodging Mario in the process.

"Well, not too much." Joey answers the snow leopards. "Delilah fell out of a tree and we decidd that when it's out turn to tell a story we'll tell the tale of how the kangaroo got his tail. And that's about it."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Yes, I mean the whole not-mate-not-friend-something-inbetween-that's-embarrassing thing. Now let me-"

Mario yelped as the roo jumps, attempting to grab something to hold on, but doesn't succeed. Delilah, despite her injury, leaps from Met's arms and slides to catch her brother. He lands safely in her paws and she brings the little mouse up to her face.

"Are you alright?"

"Delilah, I'm fine, but you shouldn't have moved! You could only damage yourself further!"

"Mario, if there is one thing I'm good at, it's teaching lessons. And the lesson I need to teach you is that no matter who grotesque one may look, no matter who unintelligent one may be, if they have a family that loves, that family will always be there. I don't care how many injuries I may receive or how much pain I need to endure, but if it means that you are, I will be there."

Delilah held her midsection with one arm as she stood up. She walked inside the clinic, back straightened, but her leg slightly limping.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika looked at the lion, "Well, we are..." She looked back at Herodotus as he limped on forward. "We are polecats." Herodotus was finally able to catch up to the group, "European Polecats to be specific." Laika looked back again, "Yeah, that, by the way I'm Laika and that's Herodotus." She said and held out her paw as they began to walk into the clinic.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hotep the psychic

cooper and bandits owner sat at the front desk when delilah walked into the clinic he smiled seeing the pain in her eyes. he set aside the finished papers "hi there, need to see someone?" the man said kindly as he got a paper out.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "I'm sorry to hear that," Met said sadly. "Though I guess it may be better that you don't remember if you were hurt."
"yeah....." Storm nodded "i suppose that's one way to look at it" she said , then silently accompanied the others as they got to the vet .
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario jumped and landed on the counter.

"Yes. My sister here has more than likely, Delilah, sustained an injury to her ribs. We were wondering if you could check it out for us."

Delilah still lightly held her midsection, looking around the clinic and completely disregarding Mario's tone towards her.
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

the man sets mario back onto the ground off the counter. "please stay off the counter. now miss delilah is it? will you come with me?" the man said spotting bandit and cooper and others outside. he lets out a short breath before leading delilah to an empty examination room. "in here please" the man said
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah followed the man into the room and looked around. She looked back at Mario, the tiny mouse-like animal smiling and jumping over to the others. He climbed up to Jake's shoulder and waved.

"You'll be fine, sister."
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

Once delilah was in the room the man closed the door and opened some stairs to the exam table. "ok so my name is Amon kruchevsky you can call me dr or mr k if my last name is too hard to say or just Amon." mr k said as he grabbed a clipboard and wrote down into it. After so he set it down and got some gloves on. "ok delilah im gonna just press you some if it starts to hurt let me know and ill stop for a moment" mr k said starting to gently squeez delilahs legs as if feeling for something wrong slowly moving upwards every now and then he made notes.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

She winced the moment he hit her bottom-left rib.

"There. Right there."

(It's fractured not broken)
---------
Mario paced a bit.

"Now, let me explain an Interspecies relationship."
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

Mr k nods as he stops and writes down some more easily telling the fracture. He then went into the back finding Geoff "got one pet in the exam room with pain in chest and was limping on the way in. May need x rays of rib cage and legs. Patients name is Delilah" Mr k explained handing the clipboard over as he moved around a table.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah was looking around, thinking about Indiana.

"I was a defender before I came here, but I never liked it. Sure, I liked saving littler animals and protecting them, but that's not what I'm best at. Though it may seem like, it's not. I'm a storyteller and my stories have lesson, be them true or no. I was always able to share my knowledge."
------------
"I have to restore the crack in our bond. By telling her crush, she probably still holds hate in her mind. I must get these two together, even if it kills me in the process. I have to create new bonds to fix the old ones."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Seeing the new human behind the desk, the two roos hang back in the doorway and watch Delilah taken through. Jake is almost grateful for the distraction provided by the degu climbing back onto his shoulder. He turns and looks as he hears the new voices entering the clinic and he and his twin let the door bang shut behind the pets as they sniff in the direction of the polecats. They've never seen nor encountered anyone like these strange new creatures before and so are not quite sure how to approach or whether or not they pose a threat. So, murmuring between themselves they hang back a bit and wait to be introduced and to see how the other pets react to them.

~~~~~~~~
"Delilah. Don't think I've seen her before. What's the signalment and history? Also, who's the owner?" Geoff queries, stacking neatly packaged surgical trays into the autoclave and pressing the button to activate the machine before taking the clipboard from Amon and reading through it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

" normal heart rate is a little fast, most likely from whatever experience she faced to cause her pain. Should I get a blood sample to get her record together?" Mr k asked Geoff as he grabbed an eye light and a electric thermometer after not finding either in the exam room. "also the owner isn't here with her, but I do think her brother is she was joined by our pets....you had kangaroos right?" Mr k said after

Meanwhile bandit and Cooper join the roos. "looks like did the job bandit" Cooper said
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah was humming to herself, a song she had heard on that movie. She began tapping the beat on the table, which escalated into soft singing. Despite the softness of it, could more than likely be heard by the other pets. She was singing in Hindi, despite it being in English most of the time in that movie.

"Darda kē ām̐sū, khuśī kē ām̐sū. Ēka bāta tō kucha bhī nahīṁ naṣṭa kara sakatē haiṁ. Hamārē gaurava, gaharē andara hai. Hama ēka haiṁ." (Tears of pain, tears of joy. One thing nothing can destroy. Is our pride, deep inside. We are one)

Mario's ears turned toward the sound of singing and he immediately joined in.

"Hama pr̥thvī aura ākāśa kī taraha haiṁ ēka, tuma aura maiṁ kara rahē haiṁ. Sūraja kē tahata ēka parivāra." (We are one, you and I. We are like the Earth and Sky. One family under the sun.)

Delilah smiled and continued singing.

"Sabhī jñāna nētr̥tva karanē li'ē. Āpa jarūrata hai ki sabhī sāhasa. Āpa hama ēka haiṁ jaba āpa dēkhatē milēgā." (All the wisdom to lead. All the courage that you need. You will find when you see. We are one.)
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

cooper and bandit began circling mario smiling deciding to pitch in and change the song. bandit leaned over mario "HAKUNA MATATA!" bandit said "what a wonderful phrase!" "hakuna matatta" " aint no passing craze" the two leopards sang before pointing at mario together hopong he knew the song
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

The circling had frightened the little degu, but Mario's mode changed completely when he heard the song. He jumped their shoulders and sang.

"It means no worries for the rest of your days!"
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Laika looked at the lion, "Well, we are..." She looked back at Herodotus as he limped on forward. "We are polecats." Herodotus was finally able to catch up to the group, "European Polecats to be specific." Laika looked back again, "Yeah, that, by the way I'm Laika and that's Herodotus." She said and held out her paw as they began to walk into the clinic.
"I'm Maria and this is Met, Nice to meet you." the monkey shook Laika's paw.
Hlaoroo wrote:Seeing the new human behind the desk, the two roos hang back in the doorway and watch Delilah taken through. Jake is almost grateful for the distraction provided by the degu climbing back onto his shoulder. He turns and looks as he hears the new voices entering the clinic and he and his twin let the door bang shut behind the pets as they sniff in the direction of the polecats. They've never seen nor encountered anyone like these strange new creatures before and so are not quite sure how to approach or whether or not they pose a threat. So, murmuring between themselves they hang back a bit and wait to be introduced and to see how the other pets react to them.
"And this is Jake and Joey. They're a little shy," Met said, introducing the roos.
Mickey wrote:The circling had frightened the little degu, but Mario's mode changed completely when he heard the song. He jumped their shoulders and sang.

"It means no worries for the rest of your days!"
"Excuse me a minute," he said, walking over to the singing group.
hearing a song from the Lion King, Met really had no choice but to join in.
"It's our problem freeeeeeeee, Philosophyyyyyyyyy."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika turned to face the singing group, making her way around the group and getting next to Jake and Joey, she held out her paw again, "Hi, nice to meet you." Herodotus made his way over to one of the chairs and climbed up onto the chair, he let out a sigh of relief as he sat down. He watched with amusement as the other animals sang and as Laika continued to be her way to friendly self.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Er, hi. I'm Jake and this is Joey." the roos tentatively shake the paw.
"Hi. Erm... What are you, if you don't mind my asking. It just, we've never seen anything like you before." The two roos hear the singing and know the movie the songs are from. Both remember the song Jake had used countless times to tease Joey. Unfortunately nether of them know many of the words, only having seen the movie once, but together they remember enough to make it recognisable. They both look at the lions and then at each other and they instantly know what they're thinking.
"Hey, Joey!" Jake calls loud enough for Met and Storm to hear. "I can see what's happening!"
"What?"
"And they don't have a clue!"
"They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line!"
"Our trio's down to two!"
"The... Something something twilight!"
"There's... Something-"
"Magic everywhere!"
"And with all this-"
"Romantic atmosphere!"
"Disaster's in the air!" The two roos pause for a moment to see if there's a reaction.

~~~~~~~~
"Yes, I've adopted them. Don't bother with blood-work yet. No need to go to that expense unless you suspect pancreatitis or neoplasia as the cause of the chest pain. Have you tried to contact the owner yet? There's not much we can do without their permission unless it's a dire emergency which it doesn't sound like it is."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Can you feel the love tonight? The peace the evening brings?"

Delilah smiles and decides to join in, singing loud enough from the room to be heard.

"The world for once. In perfect harmony~..."

Delilah's voice flows like a smooth river of the clearest water from the room. She could really sing nice when she felt like it.
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

Mr k nods before hearing singing from lion king if he recognized correctly he then taps Geoff to listen also. Meanwhile bandit and Cooper stood on the front desk now evilly. "I've never ought hyenas as essential...there crude and unmistakably plain!" Cooper says creepily while closing on Mario. "but maybe they have a glimmer of potential if allied with my vision and brain." bandit sung after.
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Er, hi. I'm Jake and this is Joey." the roos tentatively shake the paw.
"Hi. Erm... What are you, if you don't mind my asking. It just, we've never seen anything like you before." The two roos hear the singing and know the movie the songs are from. Both remember the song Jake had used countless times to tease Joey. Unfortunately nether of them know many of the words, only having seen the movie once, but together they remember enough to make it recognisable. They both look at the lions and then at each other and they instantly know what they're thinking.
"Hey, Joey!" Jake calls loud enough for Met and Storm to hear. "I can see what's happening!"
"What?"
"And they don't have a clue!"
"They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line!"
"Our trio's down to two!"
"The... Something something twilight!"
"There's... Something-"
"Magic everywhere!"
"And with all this-"
"Romantic atmosphere!"
"Disaster's in the air!" The two roos pause for a moment to see if there's a reaction.
Met heard the new song. He knew what the Roos were doing. He tried to hide his slight blush. of course he wanted to reply with "won't say I'm in Love" but that could prove even more awkward.
Hotep the psychic wrote:"I've never ought hyenas as essential...there crude and unmistakably plain!" Cooper says creepily while closing on Mario. "but maybe they have a glimmer of potential if allied with my vision and brain." bandit sung after.
Met was glad for the change of song... he was also glad Aida had gone home before this.
(OOC: lucky we don't have a hyena in the group anymore :P)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"We're," Laika gestured to herself and Herodotus, "Both European Polecats." She paused as they both began to sing. Once they finished their part Laika was smiling, "Where are you getting these songs from?" Herodotus began to slip off into a small nap in the chair after their long walk here.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

The song completely caught Storm off-guarded , and apparently it did the same to Met too , consider how he was blushing . Not knowing what so say , she just hummed along until it stopped
"so....*ahem*....that was a nice song huh..." she said , trying to make a conversation , then mentally facewalled right afterward.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, clearly her lungs are working. Her ribs can't be broken either if she's able to sing like that. I'll go take a look at her. You get the x-ray machine set up." Geoff instructs. "Use the digital plates. It's easier." With that he exits the room and heads towards the consult room. Ordinarily he'd ask the pets to quieten down to avoid disturbing his patients but today he has no patients so he decides to let them have their fun. He knocks on the door and enters the consult room, deciding on the spur of the moment to have some fun himself.
"Hey there, Delilah, I know times are getting hard but just believe me girl, somehow I'll fix your ills in this clinic! Oh, it's what I do, you see! Oh, it's what I do, you see! What I do, you see!" he sings, grinning as he shuts the door. "You've a good voice. I'm Doctor Geoff. I'm told you've gotten a bit banged up. Can you tell me what happened and show me where it hurts? Also, is your owner around?"

~~~~~~~~
"Polecats."
"Huh.", be
"Are you predators?"
"The songs are from a movie we saw at the drive-in."
"Yeah. The Lion King. Where's Europe? Is it near Australia?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah is surprised at the arrival of the man, but couldn't help but laugh a bit at him singing. She listened to his questions and quickly answered.

"I fell from a tree and hurt my ribs right here." She pointed to her bottom left rib. "And as for my owner..."

Delilah reached over and wrote the number on a piece of paper.
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

Mr k nods and rolls off in his chair preparing the xray machine. He easily witches the plates around and prepares the film. He whistles a tune from Palladian as he does. "can your friends do this?.....can your friend do that?" he hums.
ImageImageImage
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika listened as the two kangaroo's completed each others sentences or thoughts or whatever they were doing. "Yes Polecats, er." She tried to remember what Herodotus had told her about the wild, "No, we aren't predators, at least we aren't." The mention of a movie called The Lion King struck her attention, "No, I don't think Europe is near Australia. By the way, I haven't see The Lion King, is it good?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"It is a good movie, my young one! If you will all excuse me, I'm going to check up on my sister."

Mario carefully gets to the ground and hops over to the room. Delilah spots him and puts her paw over the side for him. She brings him up and sets him on the side table.

"Hello sirs! I am Mario, Delilah's brother. I merely came over to check up on her. Everything seems fine so I'll be taking my leave."

Delilah picked him up and set him on the ground. The degu nodded an dhopped off. He took Jake's shoulder as his perch and leaned on his cheek.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks." Geoff picks up the phone and asks Mr. K to contact the owner after reciting the number. "What was a dhole doing in a tree? How far exactly did you fall? Is there pain or discomfort or numbness anywhere else or just the ribs? Any concussion?"

~~~~~~~~
"Well, we didn't understand a lot of it but the songs were fun."
"Met, where is Europe? Is it a big country?"
"What do polecats eat then?" The roo turns his head to see what the pressure on his cheek is, quite possibly dislodging the comfortable degu.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters