17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by MrNeonShot »

I trust only my captain. Ariel said plainly. We left off on you proving your worth. What have you ever done for the captain that has benefited him, good or bad in your eyes? Ariel asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"that goes to what you what youll believe. It was us that found his cats to be unworthy on the ship." pinch said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

We are talking about the lives of your friends here, so I'll believe every word you say. How did you find them unworthy? Ariel asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

"oh thats taken quite the long time. these cats have always been dubious to steal food and such so when they found us we knew what was to happen" pinch said
ImageImageImage
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Unfortunately, I'm an otter that doesn't eat rats, and never was good at catching them either. I'm useful in other ways. The captain keeps me on this ship to fish and to never miss a shot. I came on this ship with Jake, the guy who sits in the crows nest. So originally I never came here on my own. And am only loyal to the captain enough to keep me on this ship."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hotep the psychic wrote:James trys to row faster as he pulls on the oars before repeating the same thing as his hands continue to circle. " Aye sir. nngh welll captain blacks is a fox too sir, and i would believe they are in love. And if i may sir Blacks is not as bad as you think, he is trying to get on your good side by pulling extra duty's onboard" James said now into a faster rythem of rowing he turned his head a bit seeing the ship in the distance.
"Camaraderie and romance amongst the crew is all well and good as long as they don't provide any extra mouths to feed, if you catch my meaning." warns Palgrave. "Him doing extra work is fine too so long as he remembers his place."

~#~#~
This time Eduardo doesn't yell. Rather he growls, and his voice fairly drips with danger as he shoves his face right in close to Blacks, the spit flying out with every emphasised syllable.
"Dog, you will address me as 'Sir'. Nothing. More. Nothing. Less. You will never address me by my Christian name unless we are off-duty and in the tavern and I give you express permission to do so. Is. That. Perfectly. Clear?"

~#~#~
Tackle yelps in surprise as he nearly slides off with the sudden change in momentum but he manages to grab a pawhold and cling to the wolf as she sprigns up the rocks.
"This is just like flying!" calls Pepito excitedly. "How long can you keep this up, Rocea?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tackle yelps in surprise as he nearly slides off with the sudden change in momentum but he manages to grab a pawhold and cling to the wolf as she sprigns up the rocks.
"This is just like flying!" calls Pepito excitedly. "How long can you keep this up, Rocea?"
"grab my paw Tackle !" Ventus yelled , reaching his paw out for Tackle so he can pull him back to safety
"well , Pepito my friend , would you believe me if I tell you this is how I usually move ?" Rocea chuckled
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Its easy for me to trust the captain because I have no choice. But I still want the crew to treat him with respect. Ariel thought to himself.
Tikki, do you respect the captain? Ariel asked.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I respect and trust the captain, but like I said there are times where I put friends or myself before him."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I see. Thats very kind of you. I can't do that, though, because I am the captain's personal property. That means I can either live and do his bidding, no matter how bad so he can gain who knows how much riches or die and sell my pelt for more than this ship is worth. He can do with me whatever benefits him the most... And I intend not to die. Ariel said. He then continued his conversation with the rat on his shoulder.
So you guys can be the eyes and ears of the ship. Whatever happens anywhere on board, you guys will know... Ariel voiced aloud.
How much food does it take to feed your group daily? Ariel asked.
Hotep the psychic

"size around an average fish. We are quite the small nest. Change spots every four days." pinch said.
ImageImageImage
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I usually leave them one of my fish. since we became friends."
Hotep the psychic

Pinch nodded.
--------------
Blacks looked at eduardo with no reaction or movement or show of fright. " Aye SIR." Blacks stressed on the word before leaving to the port side where the captain and james were slowly pulling in.

"Ahoy blacks! send down the ropes and give a helping han will ya!" James said before looking at the captain. "And captain i understand you but be mindfull that nature is not something you can just stop. Decides knowing blacks if he did provide another mouth to feed hed do everything he can to keep the little one. No disrespect intended sir." James said as the ropes came down for james to tie off so the boat would be lifted out of the water.
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So you haven't been digging into our rations? Tikki's been caring for you the whole time? Ariel asked. What about water? How much water does it take each day to keep your group quenched? Ariel added.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With a sudden swiftness belied by his size, Eduardo seizes Blacks and dangles him over the railing.
"You will also speak with the proper respect and deference. Clear?" Seeing the rowboat approaching, Eduardo gives Blacks a quick shake to get James' attention.
"James, if you can't find a way to control your dog then I will. Got it?" With that he drops Blacks, allowing the fox to splash into the water several yards below where he can be picked up by the nearing boat before issuing orders for sailors to lower the rope ladder and bring the captain and his purchases aboard.

~#~#~
With Ventus' help, Tackle manages to regain his perch on Rocea's shoulder. he then whoops with delight at the speed the wolf is able to manage.
"I would find that hard to believe, Doña. I think you are using some kind of magic." Pepito jokes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:With Ventus' help, Tackle manages to regain his perch on Rocea's shoulder. he then whoops with delight at the speed the wolf is able to manage.
"I would find that hard to believe, Doña. I think you are using some kind of magic." Pepito jokes.
"Oh ho ho ho , you have no idea my friend" Ventus chuckled , around the same time as Rocea
"heh heh heh , if only , but no actually , I just kidding , I can barely keep this going for an hour , give or take" she said as the very top of the mountain coming into view
Hotep the psychic

James brought the boat to a stop to allow boarding after seeing Eduardo toss blacks. James could only try to hide his anger towards Eduardo for doing what he did as the rope ladder was being fetched. Once blacks appeared on the top of the water James helped him into the row boat. "Some crew member, I do what he says and he tosses me over." Blacks said before coughing some water out of his system. "what did you do?" James asked. Blacks sat down as James tied the ropes off. "I was reporting him that you were arriving with the captain, I made the mistake of saying his name before he told me to call him sir. So I did do so seeing my mistake and he throws me overboard thinking ive lost respect and gone loopy" Blacks said before looking away. James could only show nothing as the rope ladder was found at the railing where blacks was and set over."Captain you first, I'll go after" James said before looking at blacks who only shivered in cold and at the floor of the row boat, James took off his own jacket and set it around blacks.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'd have thought it would be common courtesy and common sense to address your superior officers as "sir" until told otherwise." admonishes Palgrave before climbing back onto his ship.
"Have those delivered to my cabin and then be about your duties, James." he orders before heading to the aforementioned room.

~#~#~
"That is still very impressive."
"What's your secret training technique? You must have some trick to getting this fast."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "That is still very impressive."
"What's your secret training technique? You must have some trick to getting this fast."
"Not much of a secret really , where I came from we do this all the time to hunt . The trick is know how to control your body and mind , tell them what to do , instead of letting them tell you what to do , hold your speed , and never stop moving"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune looked around the ship, not knowing what just happened, and saw that Blacks was drenched and covered with a jacket. She walked up to him. "What happened Blacks?" Dune asked, looking at him in the eyes.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"sir eduardo happened" Blacks said somewhat softly before walking away some to shake off the water then keep on his duties still shivering
-----------------------------------------------
Pinch thought for a moment then shrugged to Ariel silently
----------------------------------------------
James soon would do as the captain said moving the boxes to where he wanted
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune followed after Blacks, worried for him. "Blacks, you're shivering." she said, hugging him close to her.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

<This could work...> Ariel thought aloud. Weaponizing the rats would be extremely useful and valuable for information gathering or ruining cargo from other ships...
But there is also the fact that the rats wanted to start families.
Assuming that a single fish feeds 12 rats, and the fact your planning on starting families, you'd have about 6 females and 6 males among your group. Ariel remarked to the rat.
Rats are very easy to breed, and from my travels on sea, litters can have up to 10 rats at a time. Twelve mouths could easily become 72 mouths to feed, and we can't afford that. Ariel said.
How would we solve this problem of overbreeding among your group? Ariel asked.
Hotep the psychic

Blacks just let dune hug him before slowly pushing her away softly " Ill be fine dune. I just need to be alone some. I dont want you in trouble" Blacks said wanting dune to stay with him but also not wanting to be with anyone.
------------
Pinch smiled "well actually theres 2 females, me, 3 other males, and the rest are kids" pinch said
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune was still worried about Blacks. "Why would I be in trouble for being around you?" she asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hotep the psychic wrote: Pinch smiled "well actually theres 2 females, me, 3 other males, and the rest are kids" pinch said
Ariel thought on the new facts.
So your group is the only group of rats on board, right?
Ariel asked. He was prepared to offer the rats to stay on a set of conditions. But, it all depended on the captain's acceptance of the rats.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After safely stowing the supplies, Palgrave sends a messenger to summon James to his cabin. While he waits, divests himself of his hat and armaments and seats himself comfortably behind his desk, pouring himself a glass of sherry which he proceeds to sip thoughtfully.

~#~#~
"I understand, Rocea." When Pepito pronounces the wolf's name, his accent gives the "R" a pleasant roll.
"Pain is just a message from the body to the brain and a message can be ignored, si? So the messages of tiredness or hunger, they must be the same also, si?"
"So how do you control your body and mind, Rocea? Can you do that too, Ventus?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"eduardo isnt fond of me right now. So he may be more demanding of everyone just watch yourself when hes around ok" Blacks said hugging dune before getting back to work.
------------
pinch shook his head"oh no we are not you have many groups im only telling of mine because thats all i know the rest is yours to find out" Pinch said climbing down ariel to the floor.

---------------
After getting his summons James strode to the captains room he knocked on the door telling it was him and walked inside once he heard the captain say it was ok."you summoned me captain" james said
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Darn. Alright, I have other duties to attend to. Pinch, if you could have your leader summon your rats to the brig in a few hours. I can talk with the captaine and ask about keeping your group here. Afterwards, I'll either tell you to run, or tell you the conditions of staying. Ariel said. See you in a few hours.
Ariel turned to his 2 beasts.
Alright, here is how this will work. If the captaine agrees, then Tikki, you will be in charge of caring for them. These rats will be the only rats you'll take care of, and you will kill any other rat that isn't them. Ariel said. He then turned to Ben. These rats could be valuable to the captaine, so killing them is out of the question. In the meantime, lets talk with Eduardo to see if he has anything else we can do, as well as wait until the captaine isn't busy. Ariel instructed, assuming that keeping his cover as a simple new pet was pointless in front of Tikki.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ben had been watching the conversation, absorbing information. I already mentioned that if the rats were actively trying to commit sabotage, they could do extreme amounts of damage. Using it against enemy ships would be great. It would only work as a slow process though. In the heat of battle, they'd very likely be spotted and killed. It'd be best to launch them at the ship in the middle of the night, not by cannon it'd be too loud, and have them damage as much as possible as quickly as possible. Another problem is that we have no guaranteed way to get them back, so they're sacrificing themselves by doing it. If we can work around those problems though, we could be one of the most feared ships in sea.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Getting them to and from another ship is no problem at all...I do it all the time." He replied to what Ben had said. "And the rats are divided I know the scent of the rats I respect, so killing the other ones are something I don't hesitate to attempt."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "I understand, Rocea." When Pepito pronounces the wolf's name, his accent gives the "R" a pleasant roll.
"Pain is just a message from the body to the brain and a message can be ignored, si? So the messages of tiredness or hunger, they must be the same also, si?"
"So how do you control your body and mind, Rocea? Can you do that too, Ventus?"
Rocea giggled when she heard Pepito spoke her name that way
"Yes that's how it works Pepito , you know that's pretty smart of youas for your question though Tackle , sorry I can't really explain , it's just easier done than said . And no , old Ventus here can't do it" Rocea said teasingly , knowing she would get a reaction from the rat
"well" Ventus huffed and frowned , seemingly annoyed "It's not like I want to anyway"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Legotron123 wrote:Ben had been watching the conversation, absorbing information. I already mentioned that if the rats were actively trying to commit sabotage, they could do extreme amounts of damage. Using it against enemy ships would be great. It would only work as a slow process though. In the heat of battle, they'd very likely be spotted and killed. It'd be best to launch them at the ship in the middle of the night, not by cannon it'd be too loud, and have them damage as much as possible as quickly as possible. Another problem is that we have no guaranteed way to get them back, so they're sacrificing themselves by doing it. If we can work around those problems though, we could be one of the most feared ships in sea.
Exactly.
LovingCorgi wrote:"Getting them to and from another ship is no problem at all...I do it all the time." He replied to what Ben had said. "And the rats are divided I know the scent of the rats I respect, so killing the other ones are something I don't hesitate to attempt."
Well, the item idea wasn't for your benefit so much as it was for the rest of the crew. If this happens, I want your rats to be open around the ship so they don't damage any more of the ship by creating holes in the walls. Ariel said.
Plus, the other pets will know who not to kill and who to kill.
Ariel made his way top deck and walked to the entrance of the captain's cabin. Hearing him being busy, he nodded and went looking for Eduardo, but first found Blacks covered in an extra jacket.
Hey, did you go out for a swim? Ariel asked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I did. As you've just seen, those who are insubordinate do not remain long on my ship. However, those who prove their worth are rewarded." Palgrave slides two silver coins across the desk towards James to emphasise this point. Having seen James' reaction to Blacks' bath, Palgrave decided that it would be best to keep the man loyal enough that he'd stay where Palgrave could keep an eye on him.
"Therefore, there is a bonus for you. Your knowledge of that trader proved valuable. You may also tell Eduardo to give you an extra tot of rum in tonight's ration. That is all." Palgrave looks down at his desk and picks up a sheet of parchment in a clear gesture of dismissal.

~#~#~
"Do you think that anybody could learn it?"
"It does sound useful. Oh, look, we're almost there." Tackle points to where the boulders flatten to a smooth plateau topped with some stunted grass.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Do you think that anybody could learn it?"
"The way I see it my little fella , anything is possible , so yes"
Hlaoroo wrote:"It does sound useful. Oh, look, we're almost there." Tackle points to where the boulders flatten to a smooth plateau topped with some stunted grass.
"I wouldn't be so sure about that mates" Ventus said , just as Rocea reached the top . Moments after that though , the wolf started panting and slowly sat down , as if the exhaustion suddenly set in
Hotep the psychic

James nodded before leaving and checking on blacks seeing him with ariel he moved on pocketing the silver coin and informing eduardo of the events with the captain.
----------
Blacks continued tieing down the last of the ropes where he was. "more eduardo tossing me over. Im finishing my duties before heading below Ariel. Congrats on your position with the captain. Everything good on your end?" Blacks said pulling the rope tight and finishing the final knot. On his shoulder a small rat stood in the green cloak before hiding into blacks pocket. Blacks was somewhat drier but still dripped water from his fur. He took off the top jacket showing the small shade of fur on his chest and his tail instead of his full black color. Blacks then mubled something to himself as he looked himself over.
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel grumbled under his breath.
I don't believe I have to tell you that this is a secret. Don't speak about this until I announce it tonight. Ariel said.
He then pondered for a moment.
I should also talk to the captain about assembling a meeting tonight. Ariel remarked. He saw that the captain had no visitors, so now would be a good time to speak with him.
Excuse me while I tend to some matters. Ben, you come with me. You can probably explain the rat situation best to the captain. Ariel said.
Hotep the psychic

"oh and Ariel tell the captain were missing two crew members one man and one pet, that rocea fellows gone." Blacks said before heading below.
ImageImageImage
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Ariel whats this about a position?" Tiki was curious about what Blacks had said and was slightly uncomfortable of what he could find out. "If your hiding something, you better tell me before I go and think I can't trust you. And it's only fair that I know you secret since you know mine."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel nods at Blacks and continues on towards the captain's cabin.
Then Tikki stopped him with his demand.
Ariel was confused. Had Tikki not deduced his position on board? Ah well, now is a good time to tell him.
Looking to see that any other pets besides the group here weren't listening, Ariel went back to Tikki.
Since you haven't guessed yet, I might as well tell you.
I am the new cabinpet. The captain has given me leadership over all the pets on board.
Ariel explained. Not because I'm his new pet, but because I am his new weapon. If you disappoint the captain, I have no choice but to take care of you accordingly. In other words, you can trust me as much as you can trust the captain. Ariel said calmly and quietly, emulating the captain. Keeping the same tone, Ariel looked away from the otter as he continued.
Which is why these next decisions the captain makes will decide your fate on this ship. If he decides to keep our rats, then you will be their caretakers. If they are to go, then you'll be going with them for your insubordination. Ariel finished his explanation as he pulled at his jacket cuffs.
<Are we clear?>