HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie smiled and opened the can of oil, closed the speaker on the roof of her mouth, and began drinking the oil.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

John nodded. "That's alright, it's good to find resolution to your problems by yourself."

He was listening to what Avery had to say when the dog's knees suddenly buckled. He rushed closer to him, and stood his ground as Avery grasped his lab coat, lowering his center of gravity by crouching. This didn't mean he wasn't shocked though; in fact, he almost shouted in surprise at the tugging force.

Everything stopped moving soon after, and the man glanced down to ask what happened. The sight that greeted him was heart-wrenching, so much so that John got flashbacks of the time during the virus outbreak. The animals, dying one by one on the operating table, the scared eyes, mouths moving, pleading to be saved when they couldn't...

The torturing memories disconnected his conscience from his body, and the man moved automatically and without preamble, like a robot. He sat on the floor on his shins, moving the incapacitated canine around so that he was cradled in his shortened arms. He then petted Avery's chest, stroking the fur over and over again, like stopping doing so would mean letting the life on his hands slip away. Only one sentence was repeated from his mouth.

"It'll be alright." This sentence he repeated on and on like a broken record with intermittent buzzes the only other sound made. His gazed locked forwards.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus began to whrrr, actively analyzing the situation and generating solutions. He flopped from John's pocket and scurried farther away to take in more information
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It doesn't take long for Avery's situation to draw the attention of Chrissy and several other droids. Hurrying over, Chrissy kneels next to the stricken dog while the other droids keep back the crowd. "Are you all right, sir? Do you require medical assistance?"

~~@@~~@@~~
"To explain it more simply, binary code is the simplest form of programming and is used by all electronic devices including anidroids, cypet modifications and even your own brain." Kelly restates.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The initial shock jolted Avery into a stasis. The loss of the use of three body parts simultaneously was unnerving in itself. Though the irony of his situation seeped through him much slower. The question was how to run away from a problem that prevents him from running away.
In his first seconds of initial shock the dog's mind was void of thought, simply looking up at the alien in front of him. But suddenly he felt himself being repositioned. A hand was placed on his chest, stroking his fur comfortingly, and some words seemed to be coming from John but he couldn't make out what.
After a few more seconds passed the world seemed to sharpen again and the dog was able to catch up with his train of thought. His trained mind quickly went through and assessed the situation, taking a moment to realize where he was, what had happened, and what he was currently doing. Looking up he saw the man mouth those words he was hearing moments before.
"It'll be alright."
He wasn't sure about that, but he put the notion aside for later. No matter the condition he was in, he had a job to do right now.
"H-hey... Mr. Smith" The dog was surprised to find his voice shaky. He cleared his throat and touched the man's shoulder to get his attention.
"I-I know." He responded, hoping it would soothe the man's mind, shelving all his feeling for breaking down on the spot for later.
"And umm, could you help me get up? This is kind of embarrassing..." He mumbled, hoping the remark would provide for some relief.
"Correction, very embarrasing." The dog added with flattened ears when he heard Chrissy's voice out of his line of sight. His eyes though were locked on the man's face, one of the only reasons being that he knew if he looked away, he'd see someone else staring at them. Despite the situation, self-esteem seemed to be his top priority. He touched the fur under his left eye, feeling it was damp. Great... tears too.
"I- umm. N-no I don't think so." Sounding more abashed if anything. "But would you mind, if its not too much trouble. If you could get my hat."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chrissy blinks as she passes Avery his hat.
"Please clarify. Are you not all right or you do not require medical assistance?" Her sensors run over the dog's body checking for signs of acute trauma.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"I-yes. If you don't mind I'd like some medical assistance." The dog quickly clarified, ultimately figuring it was better to be safe than sorry. No physical trauma seemed to have befallen the dog, but if Chrissy's senors picked it up, no power seemed to be running through his cybernetic limbs.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

At this response, Chrissy's intelli-com system automatically switches to a frequency reserved for emergencies and which immediately alerts the relevant droids as well as JD himself to the situation. She quickly contacts an office droid who contacts the emergency services as well as starting on the required paperwork.
"Medics are on their way. Stay calm and you'll be fine. Can you give me any details pertaining to your situation which may assist them? My sensors detect a lack of power to your cybernetics but they are not able to tell me more than that." As Chrissy attends to the dog, an otter droid wearing a yellow hi-vis vest with "EMERGENECY RESPONSE" written across the back and in small letters on the front steps through the crowd, exiting the building. He uses a key to take control of the elevator should it be required to move the patient from the building and then positions himself in the "NO PARKING" zone in front of the steps so as to be highly visible and guide the medics in when they arrive.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The man was, in simple terms, catatonic. Not responsive to anything Avery had said. Not realizing the ruckus surrounding them. Not sensing the touch on his shoulder. All he did was repeat those words and stroking the dog's chest fur. In his mind's field of thoughts, he was stuck in the operating theater, placating a dying patient, the virus too wide-spread in its veins, its breaths laboured and pained. The impromptu surgeon could only placate it, as the life slowly withered away.

Despite all this, John's body was in fact in its last stages of recovery from the loss of limbs earlier. His arms elongated, growing slowly, the clothing keeping pace to keep everything under cover. Bones, sinew, blood and muscles reformed, and just like that, the man was whole again. Unfortunately, only in body. In spirit, he was broken.
================
Hlaoroo wrote:"To explain it more simply, binary code is the simplest form of programming and is used by all electronic devices including anidroids, cypet modifications and even your own brain." Kelly restates.
"O-oh, programming, like what Miss Springer was doing to heal Wealthy," Ashe commented, still not fully understanding the whole concept. She put down the gelato she was snacking on and rubbed her chin in deep thought. "So binary code is the essence of life then?" she said.

--//CHINK! CLANGCLANGCLANG//--

Ashe suddenly jerked bodily, the last link of chain connecting her and her father due to the blood transfusion earlier breaking, basically freeing her from any of John's influence. She didn't know this though, and coughed, massaging her chest which felt lighter. The cat heaved one breath out and calmed down, and wanted to apologize for dropping her ice-cream when she heard a distant sound of violin being played. No one but her heard this, and her eyes grew wide. Ashe massaged her ears and was denying that the sound existed. But it only grew louder, jarring, squeaking.

"No, it can't be. Dad!!"

Without explaining anything to anyone, she rose up from her seat and started running out of the box and into the lobby area. With every step, the screeching of the violin being played as if to torture someone became more pronounced to her. This, and her body's limitation, didn't bother her. The meaning of the violin noise though...

~Short flashback~
"Ashe, if you hear a bad violin being played in your mind, you know what it means right?" John was massaging Ashe's bare chest, as she helped him pull the various IV lines coming in and out of her body.
"Hmm... I never heard you saying anything about this Dad," she answered. The cat looked confused on her bed in the intensive ward. She was getting fitted with her brand-new medical pouch and vest. What she cared about even more was being free from bed and walking around again!
John raised both eyebrows, but lowered them back with a small smile. "Yeah, I suppose I forgot. See..." His voice wavered. "... Dr. Gopal told me I have... some problems with my mental health. You know, the in-house psychologist?"
He handed her a tiny syringe, filled with pink liquid. The syringe was capped, but Ashe was still wary about the sharp thing. She had enough of being injected with stuffs. "What's this Daddy?"
John said, "If ever you hear a violin being badly played, it means I'm losing my mind, and I need help. I made that signal with my antennae so that only you can hear it."
"Dad?"
"Shh... please, listen carefully. If that ever happens, use this syringe and inject it directly into the base of my neck here." He pointed at the spot under between his shoulders. "It's the medicine that could bring me back. I have never tested it, but by theory it should work."
"Are you okay now Daddy?" The concern in her voice was understandable.
John paused for a bit, but he smiled in the end. "...yes, now I'm okay. I have you now right? But just in case, remember the syringe."
Ashe placed the small syringe inside her pouch and hugged her father. "Yes, and I'll make sure that never happens. We're one big happy family now!"
That sentence lifted the gravity of those reminders and they both laughed...

~Back to present~
The syringe, Ashe had extracted from her pouch. Still intact, good. She sprinted down, and before her own life faded away, she reached the ground floor, panting hard. She saw the group of people and droids huddling over, and forcefully made her way through the temp barricade the usher Ani-droids were making.

She finally made her way though, and just as she had feared. Her Dad was slipping away, the white dog that kept him company lying on his lap. Still panting, she removed the cap of the syringe, and squirted a bit of the pink liquid out, like how he did all the time he had to do the same to her back then. Her paws was shaky, but her aim was true, and the needle pierced just below the spot where a bone jutted out behind his neck. She pushed the plunger, depositing the liquid into her Dad, and after removing the needle, simply dropped the empty thing on the carpeted floor. She was getting tired, but there was one more thing she needed to do. She knelt down on her knees behind John, and hugging him from behind, started massaging his chest, imitating what he was still doing to Avery.

"It's over Dad, come back to us. Everything's fine now, Ashe is here, your daughter is here..." This she also repeated over and over, tears rolling down her closed eyes. She had to trust the experimental medicine he had made.

For five minutes, nothing happened.

"It'll be alright."
"Come back Dad."

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus zipped back to John and climbed back onto his body. The small droid was scurrying around in search of a mechanical port, "He emits radio waves... There should be a way into that mechanism..." He squeaked
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly allows Ashe to go, knowing that the other droids would attend to her in the lobby, and turns her attention to the other patrons in her box.

In the lobby, Chrissy finally notices that John is in need of assistance too and then quickly realises that Ashe is also fading.
"We have three casualties now. We need those medics here pronto. May need police too as a cypet just injected the alien casualty with an unknown substance and is now a casualty herself." she informs the office droid via intellicom who passes this onto the emergency services. Transferring her attention from the stricken canine to the other cypet and the alien, she begins to question them both.
"Sir can you hear me? Can you hear me sir?" She repeats the question to Ashe, giving both a small shake by one shoulder in an endeavour to get their attention and keep them conscious as she waits for the medics to arrive.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"M-Mr. Smith?" The dog looked up at the alien who was still stroking his fur.
"I-I..." His voice trailed off, not exactly sure what to do." Then out of the corner of his eye he saw Ashe coming towards them.
"Ashe! I don't know what's happening, your Dad-". He cut himself short as she watched what she was doing. The cat had an air of confidence about her. Or at least he felt she knew what she was doing.

Not being able to do much the dog wrapped his arm around the man as much as he coul from his position, giving the alien a hug as best as he could.
"I'm sorry..."

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie, Eric, and Lilly became alert. Rosie wanted to unplug herself to follow Ashe, but couldn't. Lilly and Eric made a barricade around Orion at the alert.
Three medical problems just went off outside. If it gets worse, we're leaving. Eric informed Orion. Orion nodded and sunk into the chair.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It was directly followed by "I'll give her a flower" and "can't stop thinking about her." Its okay if you weren't paying attention Orion. Noah said, still talking about the musical. He heard the commotion and went to offer his services. I'm a police officer. I'm off duty but i can still help. Whats going on?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Esper wrote:Caeruleus zipped back to John and climbed back onto his body. The small droid was scurrying around in search of a mechanical port, "He emits radio waves... There should be a way into that mechanism..." He squeaked
"B-but, I dunno how to do the wave thing that Dad does," Ashe whimpered. "Dad, come on, you gotta wake up! I don't wanna be alone again!"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sir can you hear me? Can you hear me sir?" She repeats the question to Ashe, giving both a small shake by one shoulder in an endeavour to get their attention and keep them conscious as she waits for the medics to arrive.
By this time, Ashe was getting desperate. "I hear you, but my Dad! He's... he's..."

"...Avery?"

A steadying voice emanated from the man's mouth. A few blinks of the eyes, and a cursory glance of the perimeter revealed a crowd gathering around them, and two panicky pets hugging from from the front and back. He caught sight of the empty syringe.

"It finally happened..." John muttered.

"DAD! You're back, thank God you're back! Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!" Ashe screamed in sheer unadulterated delight, and ironically cried hard as she hugged the man even tighter.

John smiled lopsidedly, and rested one hand over her arm. "You did well Ashe, you remembered what I told you. Good girl." Ashe just sobbed harder, drenching the man's coat.

Refocusing his still hazy eyes, he saw Avery in front of him. "You alright there Avery? Seems like your cybernetic's power supply ran out, nothing a short charge could fix. I'm sorry to make you two worry so much."

Finally, he noticed the cougar Ani-droid who seemed to be the leader of the operation, herding everyone around and calling the related officials. "Miss," he started saying, once he got her attention, saying things as calmly as he could. "I had experienced a unique panic attack episode rising from a latent PTSD condition, but my condition's stabilized. No medical assistance required on my part, maybe a glass of water, but please tell the medical officers to provide a dose of 200mL ORS in water for my daughter behind me, and a power charge for the cyberkinetic body parts of the dog in my lap." He paused for a while, staring at the syringe. "Also, you might have possibly contacted the police regarding my daughter's actions, but she was operating with my past instructions. The syringe contained an experimental drug that I have concocted to bring me back from my comatose condition. She means no harm, I assure you."

"Right, I think that's all. Wait, where's Caeruleus?"

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The medical officers arrived and treated the 3.
Is everything okay for now? The vixen droid asked.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe drank the salt water that one of the vixen Ani-droids had passed to her in one go. Blegh! Despite that, she felt much better and actually re-energized, stopping her sobbing and rubbing her wet eyes with her paws. "That's enough crying for me for one day..." she mused to herself.

"So much for a calm first day on the Moon huh?" John lightheartedly answered back, sipping from the glass of water handed to him until it's empty. He then passed the glass back to one of the ushers and assisted Avery in standing back up, holding him under his armpits. "How's the recharge, Avery?" He still wondered about Caeruleus though...

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Rat droid was slightly upset that he had no way to stretch his coding muscles, but remained quiet and clinging to John's neck. Whrrring with thought, Caeruleus was trying to figure out how he could possibly transmit data via wave
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

With the help of the alien Avery was able to get to his feet. He wobbled a bit, but got his bearings straight. He turned around to face John.
The dog looked over himself, checking his arm and moving his leg.
"Everything seems to be..." The orange glow of his right eye returned with a silent *click*
"Fully functioning." He concluded.
Despite the positive outcome of the situation, the dog felt down-hearted.
"If what said about your PTSD condition in correct, and based on your background, it's kind of clear what the trigger was for your instability." He was looking at the ground as he spoke.
"I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused..."

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Oh hey, there you are! I've been worrying about you." John picked up the rat An-droid from his neck and placed him on his shoulder.

Ashe, who was clutching at John's labcoat at his right, noticed the whirring sound. "Hi Cae! Long time no see. Thinking about something?"

Seeing Avery being down and apologizing again however, made John a little sad. "Avery, it's bound to happen sooner or later, and anything could've been the trigger. You know..." He leaned forwards until his mouth was right above one of his perky ears. "..I'm sort of glad that it's you. At least it's with someone I know, and with Ashe close by."

"Dad? What are you whispering for?" Ashe suddenly quipped. "Hmm, nothing Ashe. Now come on, we've got to get back to our seats. I think all of us deserve a good slow end to the day with a good show, wouldn't you agree?"

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

After confirming that John, Ashe, and Avery were okay, the 2 fox droids left the theater.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It's... Nothing." Caeruleus responded as he was moved, "Processing."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

With a long sigh the dog nodded, looking alittle happier than before
"You're right. It's been a long day..." He responds, following the group back into the box.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

kurowolfe wrote:Finally, he noticed the cougar Ani-droid who seemed to be the leader of the operation, herding everyone around and calling the related officials. "Miss," he started saying, once he got her attention, saying things as calmly as he could. "I had experienced a unique panic attack episode rising from a latent PTSD condition, but my condition's stabilized. No medical assistance required on my part, maybe a glass of water, but please tell the medical officers to provide a dose of 200mL ORS in water for my daughter behind me, and a power charge for the cyberkinetic body parts of the dog in my lap." He paused for a while, staring at the syringe. "Also, you might have possibly contacted the police regarding my daughter's actions, but she was operating with my past instructions. The syringe contained an experimental drug that I have concocted to bring me back from my comatose condition. She means no harm, I assure you."
Chrissy pauses for a moment, processing and relaying the information.
"Understood." Having confirmed that everything is now okay, Chrissy returns to normal mode and the normal communication channels. Once assured that the situation is under control, JD decides that the intermission has lasted long enough so the electronic bell driiiiiings again to call everyone back to their seats. Chrissy retakes her security spot while Kelly clears away the last of the rubbish and puts the trolley aside for later, retaking her spot ready for the next half of the show.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Both John and Ashe headed into the theater box, hand in paw, both not saying anything much anymore. Taking their respective seats, Ashe tried to stay awake this time and get this 'play' thing somehow.

John remembered something though. "You never did get to check your maps, did you Caeruleus?"

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I didn't." The rat droid beeped, "There were more pressing issues."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"...Right, my apologies on that." John got sheepish for once.

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well if you don't need me then I'll head back to my seat. Noah said, slightly disappointed that they didn't even seem to notice that he was there. As he sat down, James came back with his soda refilled and a king sized butterfinger. Anything happen while i was gone? Nothing much.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust silently sat back down next to Ashe. He looked around the theater, taking in the sights again.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

<Are you okay, Ashe?> Rosie asked in her standard Spanish setting, now able to speak.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery made his way back to his own seat next to Noah. After sitting down the dog sank back into the backrest, breathing out a deep sigh.

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

MrNeonShot wrote:<Are you okay, Ashe?> Rosie asked in her standard Spanish setting, now able to speak.
Ashe, still trying to keep herself awake after that scare earlier, was assisted with the unfamiliar language being spoken with a familiar voice. Racking her brains, she realized that Rosie was speaking in Spanish, oddly enough. She faced the droid and stared straight into her eyes, trying to translate the words.

"Errr.... me... bien," she stammered.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After everyone takes their seats, the theatre darkens and the curtain is raised for the second act.
The lead actor is lying in his bed, looking rather dishevelled and his mother is trying to console him with a soothing song reminiscent of a lullaby. In stark contrast, his self-deprecating and somewhat negative rejoinders to her assuagements are accompanied by dramatic cymbal crashes and other evocative musical devices from the orchestra.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion watches as the guy sits depressed while a woman comforts him. He wasn't sure who she was, but she sounded like she was trying to comfort him. He watched intently at the scene going on onstage.

What happened down there? Rosie asked, working back into her English setting.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Even Dust tried his hardest, he fell asleep again. He purred softly in his sleep.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

MrNeonShot wrote:What happened down there? Rosie asked, working back into her English setting.
Again, Ashe stammered out a reply, though for a different reason altogether. "Urm... nothing much, Dad had some... problems down there and I went down to... help him." The cat was not keen to divulging the details of the incident that happened in the lobby just now, especially since Rosie was still recharging.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Is he okay? Rosie asked, feeling concerned.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe took a peek back at her Dad, who was lounging in his seat, looking... flushed? Huh.
"Yeah, he's alright now. You finished charging up already?" she asked, hoping to divert the conversation away. "You were spea-- I mean, displaying texts in Spanish just now."

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

No, I was speaking spanish. I'm not completely charged, but I can speak now. Rosie replied.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"That's good to hear. I thought I would have to really study Spanish to talk to you again," Ashe stated. Smiling, she laid her paw on hers on the armrest, despite the sharp sounds coming from the stage.

Which actually got John's attention, as he watched intently. He did have to cover one ear with his newly reformed hand though, afraid the loud cymbals crashes would cause him to malfunction again. The lullaby... it sounded like what the Great Mother would sang to him when he was just conceived so many centuries ago.