HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by Esper »

"Fuel ple-" Caeruleus squeaked from Ashe's shoulder until his vocal capabilities were shut down to conserve power
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The driver opened the glove box, finding a can of ani-droid fuel, and passing it back to anyone who could take it, which was Avery.
For the little droid, please

Orion remembered his rehabilitation classes about controlling frustration.
One of my friends in class says that when he gets angry, he likes to press pen to paper. Maybe it'll help relieve the huffiness? Orion asked.

Rosie still felt hurt that Ashe was upset with her, and as such turned to look out the window by Orion.
---
A package from ARGO, ma'am. Sign here. The man said while holding out a clipboard.
---
Hinata stood on her side, remaining quiet as she watched the people walk by. A couple adolescent pets fooled around in front of her, trying to impress the droid.
Hinata watched for any stupid activity they might display.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

kurowolfe wrote:"It'll take a while for her to deflate, Ashe can be hard to talk to when she's feeling huffy," he said, shooting a knowing look at Avery. "She is a stubborn lady after all."
The dog nodded and managed a smirk back. Mr. Smith did, after all, know his daughter better than anyone else so if he was confident Ashe would be fine.
kurowolfe wrote:"DAD!" Ashe shouted in exasperation. "You shouldn't call a girl stubborn, you know!" With a large 'hmmph', she puffed up her cheeks and grasped her knees, making her face red.
MrNeonShot wrote:Orion remembered his rehabilitation classes about controlling frustration.
One of my friends in class says that when he gets angry, he likes to press pen to paper. Maybe it'll help relieve the huffiness? Orion asked.
"I believe the rule of thumb is that you're not suppose to call girl stubborn out loud." Avery quipped reflexively. He recalled a young girl he was once assigned to...
Avery then turned to the voice of the driver and took the offered can of fuel. The dog faced back towards the mechanical mouse, fuel in hand.
"Err, I apologize but I'm not very familiar with how to refuel a ani-droid." The dog says, addressing Caeruleus.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

John said to Orion, "Everyone has their own unique way of venting out. From my experience with Ashe, like I had mentioned just now, letting her cool down over time seems to be the one way for her. It's like what they say, time is sometimes the best healer."

Then he noticed that the pink fox didn't seem to be placated by his assurance, and was staring emptily outside the window. He simply sighed. This was something that these two would have to iron out later.

Ashe noticed this too, but decided to shut up. She felt like she would only spout nonsense or maybe even profanities if she opened her yap, so zipping it was the way to go. She held in even when the white mutt tried to butt in with his own experience with women, or the needy rat still planting his rump on her shoulder. Even Dad was not spared, and she closed her eyes as she imagined all the rebuttal that she could have blasted at the man.

But silence is golden. So she wised up, to not irk anyone, not even her own player and the other players as well.

((OOC: Fourth wall broken, couldn't help it.))

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

He looks a bit tiny, so he wouldn't be able to drink the fluid. He may be able to absorb it through his paws, though. If not, there is a usb plug next to you. he replied.

Stubborn? Orion asked. Dad says it a lot, but I'm not sure what it means. Orion remarked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Again, the man wondered about the blue Atlas cy-dog. "Stubborn means not doing or saying something, even when the situation calls for it, because of reasons."

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Soon, the limo stopped infront of the large theater.
Here we are! the limo driver announced.
Okay! Mr. Smith, that sounds weird. Orion remarked.
My dad says that word when I won't take my pills, but I'm always talking then! Orion replied.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus silently reached for the can with both arms, straining forward
~~~

Annette pulled a confused look and sighed her name, "O...Kay. Wonder what it is." she mumbled, taking the box
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Seeing the rat reach for the can Avery handed it to him.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Avery, Cae can't hold that thing himself! Help him out and hold the can for him. Orion said.
Rosie remained silent as she got out of the limo.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Wah? Ah, sorry..." The dog apologized. Hmm... He's been saying that a lot lately. Avery restrengthend his grip on the can he almost left go of. Instead, he held it out to the rat, still maintaining some of its weight on his hand.
"I'm just not sure where to... put it." He groans at himself as his ineptitude towards technology strikes again.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The minuscule droid began to work at the top of the can, deftly prying it open and dropping himself into the fluid
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust was silent getting out of the limo. "Wow this place is nice!" he exclaimed, looking around.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well the more the merrier! James said in response to gionni confirming her desire to go. He checked his watch. The show starts in about an hour so we should probably leave n... He stopped as realization hit him. AW FUDGE! I left my car back at the park because only vehicles with a special license could go to the hospital district during the lock down! He got out his phone and pulled up an app to get a taxi. Should we take a taxi to the park to get my car or just go straight to the theater?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The app replied with multiple choices, displaying the more efficient way, the fastest way, and the cheapest way.
Going to the theater would be cheaper and faster, but going to the car would mean he wouldn't have to take another trip back to the park in a taxi.
---
Orion walked to the doors to greet the owner.
Hello! he said happily.

Rosie waited beside the limo, hoping to make up with Ashe for whatever she did. She wasn't going to leave her side until Ashe was okay.
---
Hinata watched as the adolescent pets began to enter the theater room. She was on them in a flash.
Go enjoy your refreshments. She instructed in her mech voice. This caused the pets to run back out into the lobby, hoping to get away from the scary droid.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly, no longer needed at the door, has picked up a plate of tiny sausage rolls and party pies and is meandering through the smartly dressed guests, letting them help themselves to the tray. She notes the disturbance at the doors to the auditorium and appreciated Hinata dealing with it but realises that the droid needs some tips on customer service. Using her intelli-com system, she sends a private message to the rabbit droid's headset.
"Good work keeping them out of there but we need to keep up our reputation for being a friendly company. In future can you please give a friendly request or warning before issuing an order?"

Having seen the limo with the company logo pull up, and having seen Orion in photos, JD knows exactly who he's talking to.
" Well, young master Atlas! We're honoured indeed to have you here! Do come in and help yourself to the food and drink." JD enthusiastically shakes the cypet's prosthetic paw.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I brought a few friends with me. Do you know if my dad made it here yet? Orion asked.
---
Sorry, Kelly. I must be in the middle of some updating. I'll keep it in mind next time! Hinata replies.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus peaked his head up above the rim of the fuel can, "I can't get out..." he mumbled
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery breathed a quiet sigh of relief when the rat resurfaced, unsure at first if the initial full-dive into the fuel can had been intentional. He was out of the limo now, trailing behind Orion, still carrying the fuel can with him.
"Hmm? Err, here. Let me help you out..." The dog replied, carefully picking the robotic rodent out of the can and (not really sure where else to put him), placing it on his shoulder. Looking at his white-furred paw he realized he'd stained his fingers with the fuel, but with nothing to wipe it off on at the moment he shrugged it off, shaking what droplets he could get off to the ground.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata looked up and saw Avery by the doorway, despite the crowd. She blushed slightly, remembering his cute, freaked out reaction of the speeding elevator. But, she wasn't going to leave her post. Maybe if he walked by, she would talk, but... he may not even remember her.
Hinata continued the visual on the crowd, noticing the adolescent pets quickly recover from her commands.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I think we should just head to the theater. Unless you'd prefer to get your car first." Gionni said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I haven't seen him yet but we do have a private box available for you and your friends and father during the show. I can send a droid to find you in the crowd when your father arrives if you wish. Is he actually coming, if it's not too impertinent to ask? I hear he's not seen in public much and I mst admit a great deal of curiosity about him on my part."

"No problem. Uh oh, over there to your left. That man must have imbibed a bit much already. Looks like he wants to start a fight, the way he's poking that other gentleman in the chest. Deal with him, please? Evict him if necessary. You can go straight to the order for situations like that. We maintain our reputation for guest comfort too."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Alright, I'll get it! Hinata replied. Walking over to the 2, she steps in between them
Excuse me, but if you have any problems, you can take it outside. We will kick you out of the theater for our guests sake. Calm yourselves. Failure to comply is punishable by d--... correction, failure to comply is punishable by banishment from our facilities.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

At first, John observed the small rat struggling to recharge his fuel, and was amazed to see that he would go as far as dip himself into the fluid to fuel up. Even more amazing was that the assisting Avery ended up placing Caeruleus on his shoulder, drenching his white fur with the blackish oil. He didn't know why he chose the word amazing to describe the situation and the two characters, but it was the only word that popped in mind.

"I suggest placing him in my labcoat pocket, the fabric would absorb the excess oil well," he suggested, getting out of the limo, getting used to not having arms. Duly noting the ongoing cocktail party in the ante-chamber, he stood outside the doorway with Avery.

Ashe, who was out way before that, had her jaws wide open at the opulence of the theatre, the fancy food and the people in fancy dresses. Irritation was replaced by slack-jawed awe, and she was pretty much speechless, peering almost everywhere. Soon though, she saw Rosie standing besides the limo. She walked over to her, and grabbed her paw. "Come on, you don't want to miss all this, do you? This is so coooooooooool!"

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie, taken aback by Ashe's sudden change of attitude, just nodded and allowed the girl to drag her into the theater.
---
He should be coming. I think an alert for when he arrives would be nice, if it's not too much trouble. Orion replied to the man.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust followed after Ashe and Rosie. "I wonder how long it took to make this place." he thought out loud.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus was licking the oil from his coat, "Please, put me somewhere safe..."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery nodded in agreement with both Caeruleus and Mr. Smith and gently transferred the rat from his shoulder into the lab coat of the alien.
"Hmm..." Avery mumbled to himself, noticing the stains now running down his shoulder. Hopefully it won't be too much of a faux pas at this fancy event...
Last edited by Roarin on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly smothers a giggle at Hinata's near faux pas. The man being poked calmly explains to the rabbit droid that he has no interest in fighting and that the other gentleman has merely been enjoying himself a little too much. The man doing the poking, on the other hand, decides to take offence to Hinata's intervention and tries to force his way past the rabbit droid.
Kelly, having been monitoring the confrontation, exchanges her now empty tray for a full one and continues meandering through the guests, suggesting to Hinata through her chip that she ought to evict the rowdy patron with the minimum fuss and force possible.

"Not a problem We endeavour to cater to all our guests' needs here." JD pulls a holo-phone from his pocket and sends an alert to Kelly who acknowledges the request. The display on the device flashes green with Kelly's confirmation and satisfied, JD puts the phone back into his pocket.
"Done. When Mr. Atlas arrives, you shall be the first to know. Are these your friends now? Good evening everybody! Thank you so much for coming! Please, do come in and enjoy yourselves. Two years and eight months, by the way." JD answers Dust with a jovial wink.

~~@@~~@@~~
Out the back of the theatre, Todd has finished charging (he thinks) and is now preparing himself for the show. He covers his red stripe with a dark grey beanie and dresses himself in matching sombre coloured clothes. While not very fashionable, the attire does help Todd blend in with the darkness and shadows of the backstage and wing areas which allows him to aid in moving the set pieces and creating the special effects inconspicuously.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata, being way heavier than the guy, holds her ground.
Remove yourself from our facilities at once. She says, escorting the man out of the building.
---
Orion thanked the man, then began heading inside. He stopped, however, for a certain rabbit was walking a man out of the theater.
Feel free to return when your sober. Hinata remarked as she waved the man off. Hinata turned back around to see Avery, ready to walk inside.
Avery! she waved to the pet.

Orion then walked inside, into the crowd, waiting for his friends.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It does say going to the theater first would be cheaper, so lets do that. James said. He placed the order and went to wait outside for the cab, the others following him.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Gionni followed after James. "So are you feeling better?" she asked Noah.
-------------
"Oh, thanks." Dust told JD.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The dog turned towards the voice that called out to him, smiling when he recognized a familiar face.
"Hey Hinata." Avery waved back, walking over to the droid.
His tail wagged.
"What are you doing here?" He inquired, pondering the serendipity of their third meeting today . "Last time I saw you were at the Atlas Building." He remembered he still had the fuel in his hand so he held it out
"Err, want some fuel?".

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata looked at the fuel.
No, thank you. I can't take that kind of fuel. Hinata replied.
Hey, I can't talk right now I'm still working. Maybe later? Hinata asked.
---
The cab arrived quickly, showing the serpiente in the drivers seat.
<Hello! Where would you like to go?> he asked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well done, Hinata. You handled that nicely." remarks JD of the way Hinata evicted the man.
"You're quite welcome, lad." JD tells Dust with a wink.
"Canapé?" Kelly proffers her tray to the group of pets near the door.

Meanwhile, Todd joins the other stage hands and technicians for a final briefing before the show.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion looks at the tray and takes a snack.
What is a Canapé? Orion asks.
---
Thanks, JD! Do you think that last remark sounded sarcastic? she asked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"A canapé is a crisp piece of a special kind of toast with various savoury toppings. Those are anchovies, those are caviare, those are basil pesto with olives, those are cucumber and those are a savoury mix of eggs, bacon, cheese, tomato and special sauces." Kelly points out the various snacks as she names them.

"Not at all. That was perfect. He will be welcome back when he's sober. We only ban repeat offenders." JD explains.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hm... Orion took a bite out of the cucumber one, but didn't like the flavor.
Nevertheless, he finished it, then grabbed the one with bacon on it. That one tasted extremely better.
This is really good! he said.
---
Alright, so that's taken care of.
Hinata turned back to Avery.
Maybe we can go to one of the restaurants later? T-to hang out. Hinata added the last part as she blushed and hung her head shyly.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

We'd like to go to the theater. James said to the driver. Noah answered gionni as they got in the cab. I'm doing pretty good! I'm kinda surprised at how quickly it was over. The only thing I need to do is wait til 10 o'clock to eat anything, and it has to be soft stuff for the next few days.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

MrNeonShot wrote:Alright, so that's taken care of.
Hinata turned back to Avery.
Maybe we can go to one of the restaurants later? T-to hang out. Hinata added the last part as she blushed and hung her head shyly.
The dog tilted his head slightly to the side, smiling in slight bemusement at Hinata's shyness.
"Sure thing." The dog nodded in confirmation. He glanced for a moment past the rabbit at the rapidly filling theatre. As much as he wanted to keep talking to Hinata, he recalled what the rabbit said earlier.
"We'll talk later then?"

Ref Ref!