HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hypernovatic

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by hypernovatic »

"Ashe, wait!" Dust called after her. He turned towards Vi. "Can you come with me?" he asked. Not waiting for an answer, Dust ran after Ashe.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote: Alright, lets go! Hinata says after Kelly put the bowtie on.
Has Todd gotten ready for the night? Hinata asked.
"He will. He needs to charge first though. Besides, he's not going to be on display as much as we are because he's a stage hand. He's a behind-the-scenes guy. Heh, literally, actually, since he moves the set pieces around and some of them require lifting from the reverse side." Kelly giggles as she leads the way down the corridor and into an elevator. A few seconds of awkward music later and the doors open to the top floor of the building. Kelly turns left and walks to a door at the end of the corridor. She knocks and then opens it and leads the way into JD's office. The room is comfortable yet it has an impersonal feel. In this day and age, most of the records are electronic and those which are not are stored in boxes and folders in a cupboard. One would expect their place on the shelves to be occupied by photographs of family and reminders of home but JDs office is decorated by one or two posters and photos from his time in the Bugs, several show posters from his theatre troupe and a photograph of him, Kelly and Todd posing on stage in their new theatre in Apollo City. The desk is topped by a large computer which is all built into the screen, making it compact despite the large size. A Newton's cradle sits in another corner of the desk and several writing implements sit in a jar opposite the comfy leather chair. Kelly seats herself in the chair and opens up the computer. a few clicks of the touch screen later and she's found the map file.
"I think it would be beneficial to send you a copy rather than just letting you see it. That way you have the full file and all the schematics that go with it and you can annotate it as you see fit. Is your wifi connection on?" Kelly sends a copy of the file to the computer's wifi transceiver.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata's eyes flash blue, then green.
Download complete! Hinata says.
She looks through the schematics for a little bit, but then began looking around the office.
This is a nice office! she remarked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It is very unwise, what you all have done." Caeruleus piped, hoping to be loud enough to hear as he scuttled up to Rosie's shoulder and holding tightly
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Look Cae. If I think someone needs help I'm going to help them, no matter who or what they are." Dust said, finally catching up to Ashe. "Ashe, please. Don't do this again." he said, walking beside her.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Even if you helped that fox, they are still in danger. It is highly likely that they will be spotted by frightened civilians who will contact law enforcement or animal control who will capture and punish the fox." the blue rat droid buzzed
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"If that happens, I'll help her then as well." Dust said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Even as she was walking away, she could hear Caeruleus' words loud and clear, and that cemented her opinion of Ani-droids in general even more. Machines with more logic than emotion. She gritted her fangs, she hated these conflicting ideas. It was not like her to be so cold, but she couldn't help herself from brooding over the matter. Are they, pure pets, cy-pets, Ani-droids and ferals just that different, even if they are basically the same in nature and concept? And she thought this was mostly human problems.

She stopped walking, and let the entourage behind her catch up. To which she turned around abruptly and hissed at everyone. "Leave me alone!" she yowled, her ears way back against her skull. "I don't want anything to do with any of this anymore! Especially you!" She pointed her finger at the fox.

"I'm going home. Please, let me get my head straight." She turned back, and continued walking away, wishing that statement would be granted as a wish. Her small head could not tolerate all of this conflict!
============================
Roarin wrote:Avery was slightly taken aback by the gesture but took it in stride. It felt nice and his tail wagged. He smiled, happy with the positive outcome. He felt like apologizing again but wondered if he did so it would just start an endless loop. So instead he said.
"Okay." And smiled a smile that showed the alien that everything was in fact, okay.
And the man smiled back. "Yeah."
MrNeonShot wrote:I can call the limo, but we can take the low way, so you don't have to fly. Orion offered, oblivious to the conversation being held by the pure-pet and the alien.
"What do you think Avery?" he asked the white dog after Orion's proposals. "Whatever you're comfortable with."

All of a sudden, the man felt two bolts ran through his being, a cold one and a hot one. He groaned in surprise at the sudden onslaught, and fell to his knees. "Ashe," he muttered after getting his breath back. He wanted to console his daughter, but at the same time, he wanted to believe in her friends, especially that pink Ani-droid fox Rosie. She needed to handle this on her own. Besides, when he looked at the set of white footpaws in front of him, he knew he couldn't make both dogs worry even more.

So, with some difficulty, he rose back up on his feet. "I'm okay, no cause for panic," he preempted Avery's words. "Just a side effect from the transformation. I'll be fine."

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote:Hinata's eyes flash blue, then green.
Download complete! Hinata says.
She looks through the schematics for a little bit, but then began looking around the office.
This is a nice office! she remarked.
"JD likes it. He has more personal stuff in his private quarters. Doe the file work properly?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Ashe, please. Let me help you." Dust said. "I care about you and as my friend, I don't want you to be angry."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Please don't do anything that would be unwise." Caeruleus called, voice modulated to sound upset
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery was about to say something when the alien interjected. After listening the dog nodded and with some reluctance, dropped the subject. Though he was certain he said his daughter's name...
"Err, yes. If you guys wouldn't mind. I'd like to stick to the streets." He answered a moment later.
---------------------------------
Despite it all being an act, the fox was legitimately taken aback by the cat's indignation. And that for whatever reason, struck a chord that set the fox off.
"Hey, you know what?!" Vi sneered. The back of her mind told her this probably wasn't the best reaction. She didn't listen.
"Fine. If you guys don't want me around." Her fur was bristling now, tail poofed to full fluffiness. Not that she ever did.
"I'll save you the agony." The fox snarled, backing away.
And with a flourish of her tail, turned around and began to stalk away.
"i don't need this." She muttered. Vi got what she wanted. There was no point in staying...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"No wait. Don't leave." Dust said, hoping the fox would listen.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

As she stomped away from the group in her disgust, Ashe heard every single word that the fox uttered at her, and caught a glimpse of the her back as she huffily turned away too.

Something snapped inside of the cat. No matter about her, but the brown furball had the gall to just walk away after Dust helped her with the collar? That ungrateful creature! She never really took into account that she was the one pointing an accusatory finger at her in the first place. All she knew was that while Ashe Smith doesn't mind getting hurt, but she will not stand at anyone dissing at her friends!

With this illogical thought train running at full steam ahead, the cat in question turned 180, sprinted the short distance, and lunged towards the fox, possibly pushing her to the soft lunar ground. She hissed and growled at her victim, maybe pinning her underneath. "NEVER EVER SNUFF MY FRIENDS, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE HELPED YOU WITH YOUR SORRY TAIL!" she bellowed, with the same ferocity as during the Moonbase hijacking, her eyes showing only white anger, her claws extending. "NEVER!!!"

And that was the cue. The chemicals in her life support system rushed quickly in a larger dose towards her insides, and the growling feline was suddenly gasping as her fiery hot anger was doused by the icy cocktail. Her body shuddered visibly, and her possible hold on the fox slacked. Ultimately, when the deluge hit her brains, Ashe collapsed, breathing heavily from the sudden change of temperature and temperament.
====================================================
Roarin wrote:Avery was about to say something when the alien interjected. After listening the dog nodded and with some reluctance, dropped the subject. Though he was certain he said his daughter's name...
"Err, yes. If you guys wouldn't mind. I'd like to stick to the streets." He answered a moment later.
"Right, let's get a move on then!" John said. Even when his insides roiled up suddenly, he didn't flinch at all on the outside. He silently prayed to the Creators that Ashe, and by extension himself, would be alright.

((OOC: Right, again, a violent scene. Guess I loved doing this drama stuff. Roarin, I'm leaving everything open-ended with Ashe's action, and they're not definitive. So you can have Vi react or even negate Ashe's actions all at once, maybe even knock her aside, she is pretty weak after all. I'll follow suit accordingly. And I hope this is not too much for everyone, just thought that this would spice things up a bit.))

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"ASHE!" Dust exclaimed, running to where the cat was. He picked her up. "Ashe, what do you need?" he asked, starting to panic. Please don't be like last time. Dust thought.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The only thing Vi had time to do was turn around before she was suddenly tackled to the ground with an audible "Uuph."
Despite her initial spunk the fox was still a wild creature, the large amount of yelling and physical contact quickly kicking in her fight or flight response. Due to her small stature and her attacker's rage the answer was clear and her brain urged every bone in her body to get the howl out of there.
She scrambled backwards once the cat was lifted off her, fear in her eyes and her ears flattened.
"J-just leave me alone." She said, now feeling it was she that didn't want to have anything to do with the enraged cat. The nervousness in her voice wasn't an act this time.
Last edited by Roarin on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie watched as Dust picked Ashe back up, not giving her time to respond.
I'm going to try and comfort the fox... Vi. Sinse you don't want to finish what you started. She said, forcing her "happy" voice out of her programming.
She then began to follow the fox, not trying to attack, but keeping a distance.
Vi... I'm sorry. she said. By now, they were away from the moon landing, so Dust and Ashe couldn't hear.
((Hey, I get that your excited, but I kinda want the chance to respond.))
---
Its working perfectly! Although it may take some time to get used to. Hinata replied.
What now?
---
The car is parked out front, so we can just step in.
Orion stepped out of the building, then to the limo, giving the limo driver the instructions.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"If you need a paw with that, just ask." Kelly returns the computer to a power-saving state.
"Now we have a little bit of time to fill in before we assemble for the opening. Is there anything you want to do or see in the meantime or anything on the map you want to clarify or check out? Oh, we should give you the security codes for the alarms, safe and back doors and emergency exits too. We're putting a lot of trust in you." Kelly powers up the computer again briefly to send that file across to Hinata too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Files found. Thank you, I won't let you down! I don't have anything in particular in mind, so... what do you want to do?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Satisfied that Dale is no longer in danger, Bill leaves him, the cops and Rock in the care of his nurses and heads upstairs again to attend to another case. Fortunately this one is simple and routine and doesn't take long. After sending that patient on her way, Bill heads up to check on Noah again. Knocking, he enters the ward to find the dog watching TV and using the tablet.
"Hi. How are you doing?" he asks.

~~@@~~@@~~
"Would you like to meet some of the other droids that work here?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sure! Hinata replied.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After a few seconds of consulting on the intelli-com system, Kelly replies to Hinata. "Why not try out your map and see if you can get us there. There's a few of them in the foyer already so shall we go down there and meet them and be ready to start?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata opened the map, but couldn't quite figure out how to use it. Once she got it figured out, she lead Kelly to the foyer... or at least, that's what she thought it was.
Luckily, there was some ani-droids in the room, so this must be the place.
H-hello... Hinata greeted the group.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah looked up at bill and smiled. Pretty good. He said. Habandigo announced a manaphy distribution, transformers legends wave 7 was released down on earth so it will likely be in the next shipment the mall gets, and someone finally got around to making MST3K action figures. How long till you think I can leave?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sounds exciting." Bill enthuses, pretending to know what all those things are.
"Let's have a look at you, shall we?" Pulling on a pair of gloves, he sits Noah up and unwraps the bandages to reveal the large wound on Noah's belly which he gently explores, pressing here and there slightly to gauge toe dog's reaction.
"I love these advances in modern medicine. Do you know that not even a hundred years ago you'd be stuck in bed and probably too sore to move for at least two to three weeks? These stitches and adhesive I've used manage to speed up that process tenfold. The wound is holding together nicely... I think I'll probably let you go now, if you think you're up to walking. I'll give you some more bandages and I'd like to to change the dressing every other day for the next week and stay out of active service for at least three but you can do some gentle exercise to keep blood flowing around the site and to speed healing along. By gentle I mean walking, maybe a slow jog. Don't do weights or crunches or anything like that that's going to put pressure on the wound because I don't want it coming apart or the stitches coming out. I'll send you home with some painkillers and antibiotics too. How does that sound?"

~~@@~~@@~~
"Everybody, this is Hinata, our new mech-assault security droid. Hinata, this is, well, most of us." Kelly introduces the rabbit to the other droids. There are a whole range of species and mods, making the place feel almost like a zoo. Kelly names a few of the droids, pointing out their jobs as she does.
"... and this is Chrissy, our other security droid. She's not mech assault but you'd be hard pressed to find a faster droid or anyone that could beat her in a fight." Kelly ends by pointing out a tall cougar-shaped droid.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Cool." The dog remarked before getting into the car himself
-------------------------
"Sorry- what?" The fox was surprised that someone was following. In the state she left the group, she expected the whole thing to be over with. Vi was still trotting at a brisk pace.
"Look, can we just forget about it?" This was beginning to be more trouble than it was worth."
Suddenly the fox turned around to face the ani-droid.
"Wait, how do you know my name?" She asked suspiciously.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Your tracking chip in your body. It tells any ani-droid in the vacinity about your information, so they can keep track of you. Maybe I overreacted last time, I'm dealing with new emotions, and I'm very protective of my friends. But, I want to help now. Rosie explained.
First, we need to get you moving. That way police can't find you near the park. We need to hide you until you can figure out what to do.
---
Hinata took in the appearance of each ani-droid, then smiled at the other security droid.
Does that mean we're partners? she asked.
---
((I'll wait for kuro to reply before I let Orion reply.))
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

As her breaths regulate and the uncomfortable sensation subsided, Ashe stared up into the inky sky. Unlike last time, she was aware of the events that unfolded during her rage: what she did to the fox, and the hoolabaloo she was causing to everyone. She even sensed that Rosie was not pleased with her. She felt that this was one mistake she could not repair anymore.

The cat clutched her arms close towards herself, and buried her muzzle into Dust's chest, the grief was too much for her and she cried. Sobbing uncontrollably, she didn't say a word, feeling that she lost several friends already due to her being a monster..
=====================

John clambered into the limo after Orion and Avery, learning to get himself around with no arms. He hoped he didn't get used to using Atlas' limousine to get around, maybe he needed to get a hovercar for himself... "There's no time like the present, Orion!" he quipped.

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust was surprised when Ashe started crying. "It'll be alright." Dust said, rubbing Ashe's back. After a few minutes, he looked at her. "Are you going to be okay?" Dust asked, showing sympathy in his eyes.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Mr. Atlas. There seems to be a commotion in the park. It may be around the gravity defect you were stuck in earlier.
Do you want to repair it?
... Sorry, it seems it was a false alarm. Where are we going?
To the sanctuary, driver. Orion hopped into the car and closed the door.
The driver then pulled the car off the ground, and drove off.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus dropped down to the ground and scurried to Ashe's feet and tried to climb, "Ashe..." He tried to articulate something comforting
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The patting calmed her down somewhat, and Ashe stopped sobbing after a while. She lifted her face from Dust's chest, and glanced upwards with red and watery eyes. "Dust, am I *snerk* a monster?"

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust was taken aback by the question. "What? No, you're not. You're one of the kindest people I've ever met." he said. "Why would you even think that?"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Only then did Ashe notice the pulling on the fur on her legs and when she looked down, she saw Cae trying to climb up and comfort her. This touched her heart even more, seeing how everyone stayed even after that display of malevolence. She bent down, picked the rat on her paws, and put him on Dust's shoulder.

"Thank you guys," she started saying, petting Caeruleus on the head. "But I'm sure that there's something wrong with me. Maybe I'm really a monster, who knows?" Wiping her face with her forearm, and with two slaps on her face, she focused herself back. "What's done is done, but right now I need to find Rosie and that fox. To clear things up. Can I ask your help to be the middlepet?"

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure thing. I'll help you with anything. ...You know, with a few exceptions." Dust said, laughing a bit.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Once the dog got into the limo he quickly buckled himself up.
"So, Orion, what's the Sanctuary like? I only know of it from the leaflets they had at the spaceport. Heard it had a lot of endangered species. Though I guess with how the state of things are going that's not saying much..."
----------------------------
The fox paused for a moment, studying the ani-droid's expression before she slowly relaxes.
"Okay, so... where is this hiding place?" She asks, crossing her arms. The fox continuously looks to the left and right of her, as if the police were about to appear around the corner any minute.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote: Hinata took in the appearance of each ani-droid, then smiled at the other security droid.
Does that mean we're partners? she asked.
"I guess we are." purrs the cougar, flashing a security badge at Hinata. "Has Kelly shown you the ropes?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've seen the map, but no ropes. I'm a security droid, so I'm programmed for certain emergencies. I am not, however, programmed with firefighting abilities, or advanced medical. Hinata replied.
---
The burger joint has charging stations. As long as you stick by me, we'll be fine to talk this over.
---
I haven't been before. They have a wide variety of animals there, though!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chrissy giggles. "You're clearly not programmed with linguistic niceties like we are either. You must be for hard core security."
"'Show you the ropes' is a figure of speech, Hinata. Chrissy means did I show you around and what to do." explains Kelly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Yea I feel fine walking. Noah said. Should I do it now?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?