Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, sort of. We only met this morning. He's quite the charming gentlemouse though."
Evelyn doesn't fail to catch the implication. "So there are still some then? Any nausea?" Heading to the table where Owain had been working, she uncorks a jar and pours a pinch of herbs into her paw. Shoving the cork back in, she hands the dried leaves to Owain.
"Chew on these. They help with dizziness and nausea and the like. I should have given them to you earlier, sorry. Fair warning though, they''re quite bitter."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you both fer th' complim'nts," Owain said, before chewing on the herbs. He winced and screwed up his face in a near comical fashion. "S'like chewin' tân draenen," he gasped.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

The abbess was kneeling down examining something. She slowly stood up and turned to face Trevor and James. "Hello, and welcome to our fair abbey. Can I help you?"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ta what?"
"Once you finish on those I'll give you something sweet to drink to take away the taste. My predecessor always did say that the worse they taste the better they work."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um... th'...th'... Fire this'le. Right 'orrible they is, aye..." Owain still makes a face as he chews.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

As shy as she was , Sara still couldn't help but let out a little giggle , seeing Owain making those faces , she didn't know why she thought it was funny , it just was.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Are they medicinal too or food?" asks Brum.
"How are you feeling now? Are the herbs helping?" Evelyn asks as she pours some strawberry fizz into a cup for Owain. The sweet carbonated beverage is very popular amongst the dibbuns at Redwall as they enjoy the sensation of the bubbles tingling in their mouths and nose.
"Swallow the leaves if you've chewed them enough and wash them down with this."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Are they medicinal too or food?" asks Brum.
"How are you feeling now? Are the herbs helping?" Evelyn asks as she pours some strawberry fizz into a cup for Owain. The sweet carbonated beverage is very popular amongst the dibbuns at Redwall as they enjoy the sensation of the bubbles tingling in their mouths and nose.
"Swallow the leaves if you've chewed them enough and wash them down with this."
"Bit've food," Owain said, "Boiled t'mush they're ed'ble. Ate 'em when nothin' else is around. Gack. These fair beat up th' dizziness though... tha's run away." He swallowed an put his tongue out for a moment before accepting the drink and sipped at it casually, almost coughing at the first bubbles. "Real melys. Uh.. Sweet. Good thoug'." He took a deeper drink.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"we need to speak with father abbot please" trevor and james both said in an accent again.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, good. You'll get to dance with Brum after all."
"Well, that is, if you still want to..." Brum is embarrassed all over again.
"How are you liking that soup, Sarafina?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain grinned, having regained some of his composure. "Y'reckon I'd pass up a chance t'dance wi' you?" he asked. "I've been deaf'n'giddy, not dumb. Course I'll need to get th' cup from m'bindle for th' off'rin'...."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, good. You'll get to dance with Brum after all."
"Well, that is, if you still want to..." Brum is embarrassed all over again.
"How are you liking that soup, Sarafina?"
"It's wonderful , thank you , I've never had anything this good before" Sarafina smiled , finishing the last of the soup "There will be a dance later on ? May I ask what's the occasion ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're welcome. We're simply celebrating because we can and because we've had so many seasons of peace."
"Cup? Bindle? What offering?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Err..." Owain started, looking a bit confused. "Isn' there s'posed to be an offrwm.. off'ring... to th' abbot for payment fer th' feasting? Usu'ly is. I found a really old cup've wood'n'brass a few weeks back. Might've s'me writings in the brass but..." he shrugged, "It's in me bindle. Th', um, bag'n'stick thing I left in th' gatehouse?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"You're welcome. We're simply celebrating because we can and because we've had so many seasons of peace."
"I guess that is a good reason for celebrating" Sarafina smiled , sweeping off the little bit of the soup on the corner of her mouth using her hand.......and that's when she noticed something she probably should've noticed much earlier : she wasn't wearing her own clothes anymore , and she even saw her arms wrapped in bandages under her sleeves , and no doubt covered her body under that clothes , not knowing what to say , the fox only exclaimed quietly "oh..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum is surprised that Owain would think this, especially in light of their earlier conversation with Sara. "Of course not. All creatures are welcome at Redwall. Just like we told Sarafina. We give freely because we can. We've plenty to spare."

Evelyn notices Sarafina's confusion over the habit and bandages. "We had to bandage your wounds to stop them bleeding and to keep them form getting infected. Your old clothes were in terrible shape too so we gave you a habit. We can arrange other clothes for you too, if you'd prefer. Your old clothes are on the chair there. We haven't done anything with them yet. The only other thing that came with you was a broken bit of sword. That's down in the gatehouse with the other weapons. Do you remember anything about how you were injured or anything since you arrived outside our gates?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Be no 'ffence t'me giving it as an anrheg... uh... um... gift, I 'ope?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor and james both nod there heads. "we were told you are the new leader of redwall? Abbess" trevor and james said in unision
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Evelyn notices Sarafina's confusion over the habit and bandages. "We had to bandage your wounds to stop them bleeding and to keep them form getting infected. Your old clothes were in terrible shape too so we gave you a habit. We can arrange other clothes for you too, if you'd prefer. Your old clothes are on the chair there. We haven't done anything with them yet. The only other thing that came with you was a broken bit of sword. That's down in the gatehouse with the other weapons. Do you remember anything about how you were injured or anything since you arrived outside our gates?"
"I...." Sarafina replied , feeling a little bit embarrassed from the thought of Owain might have seen.....well.....
......wait....what am I doing ?! she scolded herself These beasts saved my life , what am I doing thinking about things like that ? she thought , slightly shook her head a few times before snapping back to reality "I mean....no thank you ,this is too good for me already , I couldn't ask for anything more" she said with a little smile as a sign of gratitude "And I'm sorry , but I can't remember much , the furthest I can recall is waking up next to a river , with that broken blade in my hand . that was.....a few seasons ago I think . And a few days ago I was chased from my home by a few beasts , they thought I stole something from them but , it was just a misunderstanding . I guess I couldn't blame them either , I tried to avoid contact with other beasts since I learned that we foxes are bad , so when they set up their camp I tried to hide from them as well , but we were both near the river , so I guess they saw me hiding from them from time to time when I came down to get water , and got suspicious.....guess I got those wounds during my run , I couldn't remember that part though , it's all blurry "
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain sighed and moved around to Sara's side. "Few years back," he said gently, "I were up by Deeside way, 'eading east, when I were set upon by a gang've Ferrets. Weren't a pretty fight - S'where I got the scar from," he added, pointing under his eye. "End've it I were 'urt an I weren't able t'move when I sees a Fox comin'. Well y'can imagine what I'm thinkin', yeah? Time's up. Tha's it. Bells've rund on me. Last thing I'll see'n all that. Any'ow, I opens my eyes againlater an' 'e's lookin' at me this one. 'E's patched an' bound me an' I ask 'im why. Know what 'e said? 'Jus' b'cause I'm called vermin, it don't mean I 'ave to BE vermin, do it?" C'ept he said it bett'r a course. 'E took me close t' a village an' watched from th' forest until I were found." Owain tapped Sara on the nose. "So don' go tellin' me yer bad simply coz of what y'are, okay?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd turned his head to his left and right, finding himself alone. Shrugging, the hulking man decided to lumber back outside
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No, I'm sure they wouldn't be offended. The abbess'd- Oh no. I told Trevor and James that we've an abbot still. I've been reading too long! Oh, dear. I hope i haven't humiliated them too much."

"He's right, you know. You are who you want to be not who everyone tells you that you are. Don't stress too much about remembering either. It'll come back in time, I'm sure." Evelyn can guess the other reason for Sara's unease.
"Don't worry about the change of clothes either, child. We were discreet. Owain was looking the other way. Only my nurse and I saw anything and she has enough molesense to be discreet and protect your privacy too." The nurse, a molewife, waves from across the room where she's mopping the brow of an indisposed young mouse.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Sara waved back at the nurse ,shyly smiled , feeling a little more at ease with Evelyn's and Owain's encouragements ,she nodded "sister evelyn , sirOwain , thank you, i'll remember that"
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

After making his way into the Abbey Aaron put his cloak, mail, and sword back in the gatehouse and changed into his grey tunic. He help some redwallers move tables and benches outside for the feast, after that Aaron got two tankards of October Ale , one for Owain and one for himself. Then he made his way to the infirmary.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No probl'm, Sara," Owain replied, returning to Brum's side. He chuckled as he recalled something else Brum had said earlier. "An' I'm no 'Sir', I'm just an Owain."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How are you feeling now, Sara? You lost quite a bit of blood. Are you dizzy at all? Let's see if we cna get you sitting properly, shall we?" Evelyn helps support the vixen until she's sitting upright.
"There. How's that?"
"If you're well enough you should come down to the feast."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, y'gotta come, Sara," Owain claimed, "I got a thing about no' being the newest pers'n ata feast. With you there, I won' be."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"No probl'm, Sara," Owain replied, returning to Brum's side. He chuckled as he recalled something else Brum had said earlier. "An' I'm no 'Sir', I'm just an Owain."
"well then...thank you , Owain"
Hlaoroo wrote:"How are you feeling now, Sara? You lost quite a bit of blood. Are you dizzy at all? Let's see if we can get you sitting properly, shall we?" Evelyn helps support the vixen until she's sitting upright.
"There. How's that?"
"I feel fine , thank you sister"
Hlaoroo wrote:"If you're well enough you should come down to the feast."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, y'gotta come, Sara," Owain claimed, "I got a thing about no' being the newest pers'n ata feast. With you there, I won' be."
"Well....I'm sorry , thank you for inviting but , I....I don't do well among many people and , I don't want to ruin the feast for anyone..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No press're," Owain admitted, "Bu' it could be a good way to meet people. Ah, Aaron, m' friend. S'one've them cwrw fer me, bach?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Cr.. what? No, that's October Ale. It's one of our specialities. But why would you ruin the feast, Sara? You'd be more than welcome. All good creatures are welcome here. No one's going to care that you were a fox. Do you know that I was reading in the records a few days ago about a rat named Blaggut who avenged the death of a badger who lived here many, many seasons ago, back when the abbey was yet incomplete, in fact. Not only that but he was a favourite among the dibbuns because he built them boats to sail on the pond. Yet he was a searat who'd pillaged and plundered but had had a change of heart. So if he was loved and accepted here, why shouldn't you be?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Wel....I...erm...I have never been in a feast before , I just know that there would be a lot of beasts there and....I've never been near that many beasts at the same time .....but...I guess I could try...."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Trust me, you'll enjoy it. And if you don't you can always leave early and come up to bed. Nobeast will think any less of you for it. You'll feel better for the food and good company anyway, I'm sure."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"I know how you feel." Aaron says to Sara as he hands Owain the tankard of ale. "I don't like crowds much."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Rare it's anythin' t' fear at one've these things," Owain claimed before accepting the beer. and grinning at Brum "Ta, bach. Though I am tol' there is a dang'r've havin' to dance with the Dribbluns, eh?"

He took a drink from the tankard and breathed out. "Not tasted bett'r in many an age," he said,"an' then it were a family'f Voles what had been brewin' beer fer fifty einioes. Uh... times of life in a row?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Fallout otter wrote:"I know how you feel." Aaron says to Sara as he hands Owain the tankard of ale. "I don't like crowds much."
"Oh erm....h-hello" Sarafina greeted the newly came stoats "Who....are you ?" she asked
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"My name is Aaron, I can't help noticing you look like someone I knew long ago." Aaron replies.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Fallout otter wrote:"My name is Aaron, I can't help noticing you look like someone I knew long ago." Aaron replies.
"Nice to meet you , Aaron...I erm.....what do you mean b...."someone" ?If you don't mind me asking."
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"Umm let me think. Can't put my paw on it, I've met many white foxes and it's hard to remember." Aaron says, he wasn't going to say the name he was thinking of. That was in the past.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum giggles. "Oh, yes. The dibbuns dance with everyone! But don't worry about th crowds. You can always sit on the edge and like I said, you're free to come and go from the feast as you please. You're certainly not the only creatures here who like a bit of solitude." The squirrel listens to the exchange between the stoat and the fox.
"Do you know something about Sara's past, Aron? Even if it's just something small - a name, an anecdote, anything, it might help unlock something and help her remember more, right Evelyn?"
"Right."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"But only if'n Sara's ready for it, yeah? Some stuff wants t'stay buried. Not tha' I'm sayin' y'shouldn't hear, mind, Bach, but that he'll stop if you say, right Aaron?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie