Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, now that has to do with what other letters are placed next to the 'a'. I'll get to that shortly." explains Brum, continuing her lesson.

==========
Tamm cackles with laughter as Biff grins at the vole.
"Aye. Any food is good food so long as there's plenty, that's what me ol' ma used to say!" agrees Biff. "That answers your question too, Charles. My favourite place to live is where me ma keeps them vittles* comin' all day long, doncha know?"

*vittles is the Redwall word for "victuals" - i.e. food.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, 'kay." Owain said, glancing to see how Sarafina was doing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter looked around at the bright, expansive - yet confining - scenery around him. "Is there often this much standing around, doing nothing," he asked Biff.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"sounds good but lets leave a small group here to watch for birds, this way if they return we can send word. ill go check the village again see what can be found." Trevor said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander sat down next to Calder and listened to Brum's teachings.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:Tamm cackles with laughter as Biff grins at the vole.
"Aye. Any food is good food so long as there's plenty, that's what me ol' ma used to say!" agrees Biff. "That answers your question too, Charles. My favourite place to live is where me ma keeps them vittles* comin' all day long, doncha know?"
Ah... Charles replied.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Peter looked around at the bright, expansive - yet confining - scenery around him. "Is there often this much standing around, doing nothing?" he asked Biff.
I think we're the only ones doing nothing...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldyd was scowling silently, not quite understanding the material, but he waited for the lesson to advance
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're not doing nothing - you're guarding the food. That's vitally important. An army marches on its stomach, wot wot?"
"Oh, rather! And while we're standing around doing nothing, as you put it, the others are doing reconnaissance, exploring and preparing and whatnot. An hour of preparation is seldom wasted, you know."

==========
After asking her students to practise writing the first few letters of the alphabet on their slates, Brum turns to the scowling otter.
"Everything all right, Aldryd? You look a bit, shall we say, perturbed, for want of a better word."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter nudged Charles. "I like this pair, wot wot?" He muttered with a grin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain poked his tongue out of the side of his mouth as he concentrated on some extremely shaky 'A's and 'a's.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander tried to steadily write 'A', but it came out as a big squiggle.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles sighed.
Your right, we are doing something. Charles said. So what is Redwall like? Charles asked Peter.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Peter enthused, "one of the main reasons I never left before is I never had a reason, my Brother. THe people are the friendliest you can imagine - even if the seniors can be a bit strict ; the Orchards supply all the fruits of the world and anyone will help at the merest ask. I'm told of its splendour by all who see it and the inspiration it gives them to stand and ennoble themselves - do you think that's a word?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

It sounds like ennoble means to make noble. Charles replied.
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Aaron had a confused look and drew a very awkward looking 'A'.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Sara did her best to remember what Brum's teaching them , and tried to write the letter afterward , but for some reasons her paw seems pretty stiff , so the result was quite poor
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum wanders around the group, looking at their letters and offering advice.
"Looking good, Owain. You've got the right shape but you've done that one backwards. It goes this way. See? Keep trying, you're doing great! Not bad, Alexander. Just try to make the line a bit straighter. Like this - may I guide your paw - thanks, so, up, down, and then across. Great effort though. Keep practising. Good job, Sara, but you've done the opposite. Try to let your paw relax and loosen and make that side of the "a" a little more curvy. Nice try, Aaron. Keep practising and that'll come up nicely."
After helping everyone, Brum returns to Aldryd to await his response and see if he needs any extra help.

==========
"I say! We like you too, wot!"
"Oh, rather! A fine strapping pair you are and make no mistake!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Peter enthused, "one of the main reasons I never left before is I never had a reason, my Brother. THe people are the friendliest you can imagine - even if the seniors can be a bit strict ; the Orchards supply all the fruits of the world and anyone will help at the merest ask. I'm told of its splendour by all who see it and the inspiration it gives them to stand and ennoble themselves - do you think that's a word?"
"If it's not then it ought to be. And you're quite right about Redwall. Its reputation has spread far and wide."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I don't understand..." Aldryd said plainly, "Why does that picture represent a sound? How does that work?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh okay." Alexander said, drawing a less squiggly but still shaky 'A'.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Sara once again tried to write the letter correctly , well for a moment , until she heard Aldryd's question , and her curiosity got the best of her
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter smiled. It was nice to know others agreed with him about the Abbey. It meant he wasn't lying, after all.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Owain concentrated on his 'a's, recalling the few occasions he'd seen them in written form, usually in monasteries and Churches. He knew he couldn't copy it exactly but it gave him a start point so he tried to work on that, even though he also wondered as to Brum's answer to Aldryd.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"sounds good but lets leave a small group here to watch for birds, this way if they return we can send word. ill go check the village again see what can be found." Trevor said
"I don't think they're likely to come back if there's nobeast around and I don't want to risk losing any of my hares. If they were able to take on a force from Noonvale and win then they're certainly something to reckon with. I think it's safest to regroup at the abbey and consider our options from there. That said, you two are not under my authority so I can't stop you from staying but I'd feel awful if you did and something happened." Brock deliberates aloud.

==========
"Well... It's convention, I suppose. They had to pick something so they could record words and this is how they chose to do it. I've no idea why, really. Just convention." Brum shrugs, uncertain.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Anythin' that 'elps learnin', 'elps," Owain said, sagely, to his desk.
--------------------------------------------------------------
"It's not quite as terrifying out here as I thought," Peter admitted, smiling slightly to Charles. "Must be the good company."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah... I like the breeze we have here...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Breezes always bring such scents," Peter said, taking a sniff. "They sometimes seem to make the world smaller."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain kept working, only occasionally wondering when he was going to get to his sword for Calder and the basement for the barrels.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After a short while watching the group and correcting a few letters, Brum decides to end the lesson.
"I think that'll do for now. You're all doing great but there's lots still to learn. Why don't we take a break and we can learn some more letters tomorrow?" No sooner has she said this than Ambrose appears on his way back to the cellars, having just delivered a small keg of wine to the kitchens.
"Well, what perfect timing. Ambrose, over here! Why don't you show Ambrose your plans, Owain, and he can show you the cellars?"
"Someone call fer me?" queries the giant hedgehog as he ambles over, touching a paw to his headspikes in the traditional hedgehog greeting and sign of respect.

==========
"Must be." agrees Biff. "Also that you're learning what to expect. Just don't go getting complacent. Always be on your guard while on duty." he warns, sneaking his paw towards an apple which has rolled from the sack to see if Peter will catch his point.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Breezes always bring such scents," Peter said, taking a sniff. "They sometimes seem to make the world smaller."
"Indeed they do. They can take you on adventures, the winds. They bring stories of far-off places and whisper tales of the sights they've seen. They can be your friend, carrying you along, hiding you, and warning of trouble. But the breezes are fickle and not to be trusted. They can turn to a storm in a moment's notice, obliterating tracks, making life miserable. Or they can swing around and give your position away but in doing so they treat you to a gentle caress of your back. I say, that's rather good, wot? Being hungry makes a body rather poetic, huh, huh?" Tamm giggles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"then ill go with you lord Brock. this way we have someone out here keeping notes of what else may be going on. Trevors better at scouting than i am. if we find something we can use ill relay it to him" james said Trevor nodded in approval
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd offer you the food Nanette made for me," Peter offered, "but I fear it may start a stampede."
---------------------------------------------------------
Owain showed Ambrose his drawn plans and asked if it might do.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Paws off the apple. Charles said to the grabby hare.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. You're on the ball, old chap." Biff tosses the apple to the mouse with a grin.
"Never let the opponent distract you, Peter. The instant your guard is lowered you've lost in a fight. You know, we could teach you two a thing or two about self-defence, wot?"
"Oh, rather! Biff here is one of the best kick-boxers the regiment has ever known."
"Oh, well, I wouldn't say that."
"Yes, you would and you do!" The irrepressible sergeant pokes his tongue out at the corporal.
"Well, I'm only being honest!" Biff counters with a huge smile.

==========
"Hmm... Looks quite workable... And this can be adapted to hold various sized casks, correct? Shall we all head to the cellars? I can let you sample my new drink. I'm having trouble deciding what cheese it matches best. I can show Owain the various casks and the floor and ramp while we're down there."
"Oh yes. I did promise to help you with that, didn't I? I'm terribly sorry for forgetting."
"Aye, that you did. But not to worry. The drink only improves with age so keeping it waiting isn't a problem." Ambrose assures with a wink.

==========
"Well we'll have lunch while we wait and we'll head back to the abbey after that. Do you intend to stay out here, Trevor? I should like to leave you some hares if you are."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Self defence sounds good," Peter agreed sheepishly.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Al'aes up fer a sup've ale," Owain agreed, once more leaning on Brum else Ambroses mate scould him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Maybe later. We've still gotta keep watch over these bags... Charles said as he put the apple into the bag.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder had begun to day dream during the lession, only half listening to any particular conversation. He kept imagining himself as a noble knight or some skilled sword fighting hero. Fighting through swamps that spew fire, Rats of surprisingly large size. Or taking a magical artifact across the country to destroy it, or sneaking into mountains and fighting dragons. His head began to nod off until he heard a voice say something about a cellar and drink "Hmm what? Drinks? I am thirsty for sure. he was still tired however and went back to falling asleep.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain realised he still had his writing implement on him and tossed it backwards, over his head, towards Calder. He waited until a few seconds after it impacted. "Comin' pal?" was all he said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

"i will be fine Lord Brock. And if you are to leave a hare let it be your most patient one. I plan to check the inside and outside of the town for clues, and if the birds return or a patrol the hare will send the message." Trevor said as James looked between his mentor and the lord
ImageImageImage
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder was startled by the chalk as it tapped his head, "Yes!, um where are we going?" he said as he stood up.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Two hares." corrects Brock. "Please take at least two for your own safety. Will you join us for an early lunch before we depart?"

==========
Brum giggles. "To the cellars to try Ambrose's new drink and help him match it with some cheese."
Ambrose leads the way across Great Hall past the tapestry and down through the door leading onto the ramp to the cellars. The stone floor had originally been chiselled roughly for grip but several centuries of constant use had smoothed it out somewhat. Still, it would be difficult to slip on it unless it was wet. Ambrose points out some of the features of the cellars for Owain as he walks. The system is quite extensive and immaculately organised, as it has to be to support such a big place and it's lit by a couple of torches on the walls and by the lantern which Ambrose had grabbed from a hook on the wall by the door.
"So the floor is grippy enough. Wouldn't hurt to rig up some sort of buffer or catching system just in case the cart does get away from us though. Rafters up there and there and by the door we might use. It's flat enough once we reach the bottom of the ramp here. Elderberry wines are over there, apple ciders there, pear ciders over there, October Ale in there, Strawberry Fizz there - the dibbuns love that one, assorted other ciders through there, cheeses are matured in those two rooms there and stored in that one, that's just another storeroom in there, couple of other wines and spirits there... The floor is all red sandstone same as the rest of the abbey, as you can see. And here is my workspace."

The hedgehog stops by a work table and lights a second lantern, doubling the radius of light. He passes one of the lanterns to Owain and sits the other in the middle of the table. A cauldron sits by an unlit fireplace and a variety of tools and supplies for barrel-making are visible through a doorway in a corner. The ceiling of the cellars is supported by innumerate pillars which also help to divide the room into sections which aids in organising the barrels of all shapes, sizes and timbers that are stacked, maturing in nearly every available space as the hedgehog had pointed out on the way down. Several chairs are arranged around the table and the hedgehog invites the creatures to seat themselves.

Picking up a tray with near a dozen cups on it, Ambrose turns a spigot on a barrel standing on the end of his workbench, doling out a measure of the dark liquid for each of his guests and one for himself.
"Now, this contains apple, black currant, and a few secret spices." he explains as he hands out the drinks, "But I can't decide if it goes with a sweeter cheese due to the black currant providing sweetness or whether it matches a more savoury cheese due to the tang of the apple and the spices in it. Try it with a couple of the cheeses there and tell me what you think. But be careful. Drink it slowly because it's strong." he warns as he places a tray with a half a dozen wedges of cheese and a couple of knives in the centre of the table.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain watched everything as they moved and looked at the top of the ramp. Perhaps they could put a rope pulley in here at the top with a system that stopped it slipping backwards? He knew the circular metal handle design he'd need as he'd seen it in use at a couple of port towns. He'd mention it to Ambrose later perhaps, see what the cellar keeper thought as... Ah, a lantern. He held it high and followed the leader. Ooh, he thought, fruit liquor! He cut himself a bit of cheese, the better to taste test as he sipped at the brew.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Sara thanked Ambrose as she received her drink , and let out a small "oh..." after tasting a bit of it
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd picked up his cup and brought it to his lips to taste, but recoiled and set it down again. With his crooked snout still wrinkled he said, "I am... Not one for the drink."
Hotep the psychic

Trevor bowed before accepting the offer as they reached an agreement of sort
ImageImageImage
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"How can I say no to a free drink?" Aaron said as he grabs his drink. "Whew...that is strong." Aaron says after taking a quick sip. Then he adds"And delicious."
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.