Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Redwall

Post by Jacey »

Calder took a sip of the drink and tried not to wince. The drink really was stronger than he thought, he cut a slice of cheese and ate that, washing the cheese down with the drink. "it tastes better with the cheese certainly" he said.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Is that a good or a bad 'oh', Sara? It's okay if you don't like it. And that's fine, Mister Otter - I apologise for not knowing your name. Would you like some strawberry fizz or October Ale instead? Try a couple of cheeses, Calder, and see which you like. What are your thoughts, Mr. Owain? You've been very quiet since we came down here. Are you feeling okay?"

Brum also tries the liquor and finds she likes it. picking up the knife, she selects a cheese and pairs it with the drink, allowing the flavours to mingle in her mouth as she waits to hear Owain's answer.

==========
Brock thanks the raccoon for his cooperation and then turns to Peter and Charles.
"Peter and Charles, I have an even more important job for you. Think you can handle it?" queries Brock.
"I'd like you to be in charge of sharing out the rations. We're having an early lunch before we head back to the abbey. Makes sure to give yourself the extra ration as agreed on for your services."
"Oh, yes, definitely back at the abbey. Much safer that way, wot?"
Biff's ears stand to attention at the badger's command. "I say. Did he mention lunch, old bean?"
"I rather think he did, Biff!" answers Tamm.
"Oh, I say. Spiffing fellow, that badger lord, wot? I'm famished!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Jes' makin' plans, Brum," Owain admitted, taking a moderate quaff of the drink. "Poss'ble pulley up at top've th' ramp for 'xample." He raised the drink. "Tried summat sim'lar, so I 'ave, bu' this's bet'r"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course, sir," Peter said, standing to attention. Then he began working out how to divide the food. (Biff & Tamm first)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"it's just a surprised "oh" sir , I just never had something like this before , it's....different"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander took a sip of the drink and tried it with the cheese. "Yeah, I agree with Calder." he said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yes sir. Charles replied. He stood up and also began passing out the rations.
So we didn't find much, did we? he asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"No, no sir." Aldryd said, "I do mean I am not one for the drink." he continued, making a face trying to remember the name of alcohol, pointing at a nearby keg, "The drink."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I see. I do apologise, Mister Otter. I misunderstood you. Would you like some strawberry fizz instead? Or some fresh juice? Both completely alcohol free. Ah, but Alexander, which cheese is it best with? That is the question! It is different, Sara. It's okay if you don't like it. But, heh, I'm glad you do like it, Owain. A pulley, you said? That could work well. Do go on." the hedgehog encourages, sipping at a beaker of his own.

===========
"On the contrary." corrects Biff. "We've learned that the enemy are canny enough not to leave a trace, or at least, a trackable trail. That tells us that they're not to be underestimated. We also found that other feather to confirm that they're birds. And we know they've terrorised the village so they've got some power which means we've got to be wary. So all in all a rather productive morning, doncha know?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Trying more of the cheese and drink, Owain explained how a pulley could be affixed at the top of the slope, trying to demonstrate the idea of a central bar (with two ropes around it) mounted between two metal plates. The bar ended in a handle which could be turned to pull the cart, when attached by the two ropes, up to the top. On the side nearest the wall the bar would be a little wider and notched so a restraint piece could be added to stop it rolling back down the slope. The restraint could, of course, be lifted so the ropes could be attached to the next cart.
------------------------------------------------------
"And I've discovered the outside isn't totally terrifying," Peter said, handing out the first two lunches.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I guess your right... Charles replied. He finished handing out his portion of the rations and looked to the hares.
Are you guys hungry? Charles asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor then grabbed the two hares shoulders that Charles had been talking to. "your only partly there boys, you jerrys need to see more." Trevor said joining the group he pulled back the hood before smiling at Charles. He then sat down before continuing. "you see boys there is alot more to this and Charles you should know because you ha e that right......from what I've gathered your grandfather is probably still alive. Captured and taken but alive. Not far from here a very faint and leftover trail leads to the regrowing remains of a camp. It's surprisingly organized for villains, so someone is leading. But it's too old to figure out any more, there were also more signs of birds." trevor explained before looking at the two hares. "And you two will come with me after lunch, the last time I worked with hares was quite the past. Let's see what's changed. Also if I may add what do you specialize in?" Trevor asked
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Is there any fresh water?" Aldryd asked wearily
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, I see. I do apologise, Mister Otter. I misunderstood you. Would you like some strawberry fizz instead? Or some fresh juice? Both completely alcohol free. Ah, but Alexander, which cheese is it best with? That is the question! It is different, Sara. It's okay if you don't like it. But, heh, I'm glad you do like it, Owain. A pulley, you said? That could work well. Do go on." the hedgehog encourages, sipping at a beaker of his own.
"oh no sir , I like it , it's just that it's...um.....I don't think this is the kind of drink I can drink a lot in a short time , a liitle overwhelming , I guess"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, like a winch and ratchet? Very clever. I think that'll work well. And that's quite okay, Sara. It's not meant to be drunk fast or copiously anyway." Ambrose explains.
"Bo urr, yurr be th' water furr brewin' yon ale, Ambr- Oh. Beggin' 'ee pardons, zurrs an' madams." The mole, followed by four others carrying two large casks of water between them, stop before the archway and tug their snouts respectfully in the manner peculiar to moles.
"Oi bain't a knowed 'ee been 'avin compnee, zurr. Moi 'pologies furr int'ruptin'."
"It's certainly unique, Ambrose. I like it. I think the creamier cheese matches it best. What do you all think? Oh, hello, Burr." greets Brum.
"Mornin, Mizz Brum!"
"Not at all, Burr. Not at all. Come on in. It's perfect timing for your arrival too. Aldryd was just asking for water and here you are with the finest water in the abbey."
"Hurr, hurr. That Oi be. Yurr, moleycrew, bring 'ee foine otter a gurt beaker o' water." Obediently, the moles broach the top of one of the barrels and scoop out a cupful, passing it to Aldryd.

==========
"I'll say!"
"Oh, rather! I'm famished!"
"Er... I say, laddie buck, that's a bit uncalled for, wot?" queries Biff. The hares are puzzled and somewhat offended by being referred to as jerries as to them the term is a vulgar word for "chamber pot".
"He's right about what we found though, doncha know."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles opened his provisions and began eating an apple.
I really hope my brother gets here soon... Charles said.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I'm sure he will," Peter said optimistically as he handed out the last few other rations and started on his own. "From what you've told me? Nothing could stop him getting to you, Charles. Here," he grinned as he elbowed his young friend lightly, "these Hares can strip a ration carriage swiftly, can't they?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This'd be a great diod for th' gaeaf... uh... cold season" Owain said, nodding to the Blackberry Brandy in the cup.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Trevor looked around before eating his own fill. once done he stood to stretch
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, I'm sure he will," Peter said optimistically as he handed out the last few other rations and started on his own. "From what you've told me? Nothing could stop him getting to you, Charles. Here," he grinned as he elbowed his young friend lightly, "these Hares can strip a ration carriage swiftly, can't they?"
Definately... Charles replied, remembering them at Salamandastron and maybe the feast at Redwall. So the bell was once one bell, but turned into multiple bells? Charles asked.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd accepted the cup and downed it quickly
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, like a winch and ratchet? Very clever. I think that'll work well. And that's quite okay, Sara. It's not meant to be drunk fast or copiously anyway." Ambrose explains.
"I see" Sara nodded , tasting some of the cheeses to compare them
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, I'm sure he will," Peter said optimistically as he handed out the last few other rations and started on his own. "From what you've told me? Nothing could stop him getting to you, Charles. Here," he grinned as he elbowed his young friend lightly, "these Hares can strip a ration carriage swiftly, can't they?"
Definately... Charles replied, remembering them at Salamandastron and maybe the feast at Redwall. So the bell was once one bell, but turned into multiple bells? Charles asked.
"Oh, yes," Peter said languidly. "It was a bell so large they had to build the tower. It had Badger Lord markings on it and poems and..." he sighed, "the sound of its beauty is something they say could be heard at the other end of Mossflower woods." he paused to eat some provisions. "I wonder if I could have rung it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Maybe if you had 3 more people helping, you could ring it... Charles replied. I wish I had a bell like that at home... The young mouse sighed as he finished his food.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, our specialities, sir. I do apologise for forgetting to answer. We hares think with our stomachs when there's food around, doncha know? My speciality is boxing and fighting. I've won our regimental tournaments three seasons running!" Biff boasts.
"I'm a fighter too but I'm also a dab paw at tracking if I do say so myself."

==========
"Aye, that it would." concurs Amrose, assuming that "diod" means drink. "In fact, that's what 'tis brewed for. It'll bring a bit of fire back into a cold beast.
"Bo urr, 'ee must 'ave beed firsty, zurr. Would 'ee loike some more?" Burr asks Aldryd.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Calder felt slightly dizzy as he finished his cup, laying his head on the table for a moment "Sorry Amrose, I think I am done testing for the day. He raised his head once the dizzy feeling started to fade, "I think the smoother cheeses match well with the drinks strength. The stronger cheese, like cheddar, seem to overwhelm. Though I don't eat much cheese, I am not an expert.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I've 'ad some cheeses in m'day," Owain admitted. "Goes bet'r wi' th' ones don't 'ave chives. Hufennog... uh, like cream rath'r than stron'."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Would you want to do the bell-ringing with me tomorrow, Charles?" Peter asked hopefully as he handed out more lunches.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Yes, more water." Aldryd gruffed, smoothing back his whiskers, "...Please."
Hotep the psychic

Trevor nodded in acceptance as the two hares spoke.
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sure, if thats okay... Charles replied.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What's the plan then, sah?"
"Yes, what are we doing after lunch? Speaking of which, is there any more scoff in that sack, Charles, M'lad?"

==========
Obligingly the moles fill Aldryd's cup again.
"Heh, not to worry, Calder. Drink this. It'll help you feel better." Ambrose passes the squirrel a cup of water.
"So the cream cheese? Thank you, everyone. Now I can tell the Friar how to match it on his menu."
"Great! And you're welcome." Brum picks up Owain's plans that Ambrose had set on the table, and begins to see how the cart would work in the space. She passes the sheet of paper to Calder.
"Do you think yu can make these small parts, Calder?" she asks, pointing to the winch system.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I passed it all out, sir... Charles replied.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I have the little Nanette made for me," Peter said, offering the food.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Shouldn't be too 'ard, M'lad. Seen 'em done by them at porthladd... um, ports.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"What's the plan then, sah?"
"Yes, what are we doing after lunch? Speaking of which, is there any more scoff in that sack, Charles, M'lad?"

==========
Obligingly the moles fill Aldryd's cup again.
"Heh, not to worry, Calder. Drink this. It'll help you feel better." Ambrose passes the squirrel a cup of water.
"So the cream cheese? Thank you, everyone. Now I can tell the Friar how to match it on his menu."
"Great! And you're welcome." Brum picks up Owain's plans that Ambrose had set on the table, and begins to see how the cart would work in the space. She passes the sheet of paper to Calder.
"Do you think yu can make these small parts, Calder?" she asks, pointing to the winch system.
Calder took a drink of the water, it did help greatly. "Thank you Ambrose" he turn to look at the paper, "Hmm, Yes, I should be able to make them, they do not seem to hard. We might need a mold but that wont be hard.
RP Characters:
Hotep the psychic

Trevor swallowed the food in his mouth before using a loaf of bread to get the hares attention. "we are going to scout the town not far from here. you two are going with me to do so, if we find something one of you is a messenger. We'll be there for some time. while there im also gonna test you both on what you know, what were focused on is mostly clues to what happened to charles's grandfather and if it happened to others." Trevor said before taking a bite of the bread he used to point at the two hares. he then set the remaining amount in a bag filled with dry meat, bread and fruits
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

after finishing her drink , Sara sat back and listened while the others discussed about building a cart , she didn't know much about that sort of things , but listening to other beasts' voices is still better than being alone , at least that's how she felt anyway
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I couldn't take the food from your sweetheart, Peter, m'lad." Tamm replies to the mouse.
"Understood, sah," Biff responds to Trevor, "But I'm afraid at the moment you know more of what happened than we do. We've been helping Charles and Peter here rather than participating in the search so we know no more than what we've overheard."

==========
"Excellent. With the two of you working together Ambrose will have his cart in no time." Noticing that the fox is rather quiet, Brum decides to involve her in the conversation.
"What do you think of this, Sara? Can you suggest any improvements or changes?" she queries, offering the vixen the plans.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, no sir," Peter confessed, "it is food she made for me without knowing we would, uh, be guarding the food. I have had plenty, sir."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Excellent. With the two of you working together Ambrose will have his cart in no time." Noticing that the fox is rather quiet, Brum decides to involve her in the conversation.
"What do you think of this, Sara? Can you suggest any improvements or changes?" she queries, offering the vixen the plans.
"Oh , I erm...no I don't think I can give any suggestions at all , sorry , I don't know much about making things to be honest" Sara replied , smiling awkwardly
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, but y've seen them b'fore, Sara," Owain counselled. "Rid'n in 'em, pulled things p'r'aps? When y'look at the picture, what stirs? What thoughts?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, but y've seen them b'fore, Sara," Owain counselled. "Rid'n in 'em, pulled things p'r'aps? When y'look at the picture, what stirs? What thoughts?"
"...well.....no , I'm sorry" Sara shook her head slightly "I can't really think of anything important" she said . That was not entirely true , but the "not important part" was at least , she thought , and so the fox decided to not bothering anyone else with what she can or can't remember , they're doing something else more important after all
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum catches onto Sara's meaning, however.
"Don't worry, Sara," she counsels, patting the fox's paw. "Once it's done we'll let you ride in it and you can make some new memories of carts."

==========
"Are you sure? Sh edid make it for you after all."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters