Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Redwall

Post by Jacey »

Fallout otter wrote:"Name's Aaron, I'm a mercenary and a blacksmith. Pleasure to meet you Calder." Aaron replies.
"Another blacksmith? That's great! Calder exclaimed, Say Aaron, if you're a mercenary, what brings you out here? What do mercenaries even do? That is if you don't mind my asking, I just never really met a mercenary before?
Turning to Brum after she brought Sara over. "Well I guess then we wont be climbing the abby roof today" he said in jest. "My instructor has to deliver something to another village so my day is rather free, I was hoping to do something interesting today."

Turning to the fox, Calder introduced him self. "Hello there, it is nice to meet you. What brings you around here?"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

" I've came south looking for a better life. As for being a mercenary I mostly just caravans, but I do the occasional bounty." Aaron replies.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd plodded his way down the path in silence, wandering. This went on for a while, until the man realized that he had obligations to meet somebody... He changed his course to the abbey
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles quickly brushed his head fur down and followed after Peter.
So are there any other young ones like us? Besides the dibbuns and the young lady we met last night. Charles asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Fallout otter wrote:" I've came south looking for a better life. As for being a mercenary I mostly just caravans, but I do the occasional bounty." Aaron replies.
"Oh I see" Calder responded. He didn't know that it was so dangerous outside that caravans needed protection. "And what about blacksmithing? Have you learned any interesting techniques you would be willing to share?"
RP Characters:
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"I've learned a lot about smithing over the years but I'm best at making swords. Anything you would like to know?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Fallout otter wrote:"I've learned a lot about smithing over the years but I'm best at making swords. Anything you would like to know?"
Calder thought for a moment about what he could ask. Being a peaceful area there were not usually a need for weapons, however the legends of Martin were always fun to hear and the thought of making his own sword even if just as a display was just as much of an entertaining thought.
"Well it is not usually a needed skill, but perhaps swords? We are peaceful around here and don't usually have a need. But making a sword would be something unique to learn. Would you be willing to teach me to make one? Maybe even use it? You know, so I don't cut a paw off or hurt someone.
RP Characters:
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"Sure I'll teach you, even let you practice with my sword. All we need is a forge and some materials and well see if you can make a sword. Just let me finish my breakfast first." Aaron replies.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Fallout otter wrote:"Sure I'll teach you, even let you practice with my sword. All we need is a forge and some materials and well see if you can make a sword. Just let me finish my breakfast first." Aaron replies.
"I would love to learn Aaron. replied Calder. "And don't worry I need to finish my meal to.

Looking to the rest of the group "would any of you like to come watch? I am sure it will be a sight, either funny or wonderful" He asked of everyone "That and it would be nice if one of you had some bandages when I train. Calder chuckled a bit, in his mind he didn't see being taught to use a weapon ending well. He felt as if he was sure to make a fool of himself.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Y' c'n practice on my short'un if y' like," Owain offered, swallowing cheese. "It's in tha' guard hut an' it's a bit batt'r'd and blunt so... Mornin' Sara," he added as he looked to the Vixen.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Drake wrote: Turning to the fox, Calder introduced him self. "Hello there, it is nice to meet you. What brings you around here?"
"I'm Sara , it's a pleasure to meet you Calder" Sara nodded gently "Good morning to you as well , Aaron" she said , but since the two beasts were having a conversation of their own , she just stopped at that. And when Calder invited everyone to go and watch , something told the fox the she probably shouldn't come.....
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Y' c'n practice on my short'un if y' like," Owain offered, swallowing cheese. "It's in tha' guard hut an' it's a bit batt'r'd and blunt so... Mornin' Sara," he added as he looked to the Vixen.
"oh , good morning to you too , Owain" she said , snapping out of her thoughts
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, there's many of us young'uns around," Peter told Charles as they headed into the hall again. "Some work in the kitchen, some in cloisters and the gardens. Others - good morning, Sister Oakbrush - have other jobs." He gave Brum a small bow before noting Calder with the Mouse and colossal Stoat from last night. "Calder there is a smith in training - which makes him possibly one of the most dangerous people in the abbey." He grinned to Calder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"How's you t'day?" Owain asked Sara.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Good morning, Madam. Good morning sir's... Charles greeted.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd soon became lost, having taken a wrong turn on the path. He was now in a small trading village, confused and alone. The man shrugged and kept on through the village, deciding that he may as well look for work while he was out

((This will be my trying off post before I leave :p))
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum giggles at Calder's comment about the rooftops. "Last time we did that we were dibbuns and we got in such trouble! I still haven't gotten the oil out of my fur from all those dishes we had to scrub!" Hearing the two discussing smithing, she remembers something she'd read in the records so she decides to share it after greeting Peter as he passes.
"Morning, Peter. You know, Calder, I remember reading something in the records about the smithing of Martin' sword. I could look it up for you if you like."
"If it's smithing you're interested in, how'd yer like to learn from a self-styled expert? We badger lords have a long tradition of working the forges in Salamandastron. Mind if I join you?" queries Brock, holding a massive bowl of porridge and gesturing to a free seat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles sighs and goes to look for another seat.
I usually am in charge of dishes at home. I bet I could help out here... Charles said to Peter. Then he noticed the badger lord. No marks or signs of attack were on him yesterday...
He approached the badger quietly.
Excuse me, Lord Brock?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "How's you t'day?" Owain asked Sara.
"I've had a pleasant night , thank you , how about you?"
MrNeonShot wrote:Good morning, Madam. Good morning sir's... Charles greeted.
"good morning"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander walked into the Great Hall and saw Brum and some others talking. "Good morning guys." he greeted sitting down in the closest open seat.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Morning, Alexander!, Yes, please do sit, Brock, if it's okay with the rest of you guys, of course." Brum looks to the other members of her little group questioningly. Brock looks at the chair he'd just gestured to which is now occupied by Alexander before shrugging and walking around the table to a free seat opposite, seating himself next to Calder and opposite Owain and Brum.
"Yes, young sir. What can I do for you?" he asks, smiling in a friendly manner at Charles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mornin', Alex," Owain greeted before giving Brum a small smile. "Be fascinatin' t' see you work, Brum," he admitted.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knowing what Charles was probably going to ask, Peter stood close behind him, twiddling his hand paws behind his back as he tried not to be nervous of the Lord.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

My name is Charles Voh, son of the chieftain of Noonvale, and grandson of the leader of Noonvale's expedition to Redwall. We visited your stronghold a few days ago so we could sightsee. After leaving early, our group of 20 explored the small villages and towns... Charles explained.
But while we walked down a road that lead off into the woods, we were... Charles gulped as the dream echoed in the back of his mind.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Brum giggles at Calder's comment about the rooftops. "Last time we did that we were dibbuns and we got in such trouble! I still haven't gotten the oil out of my fur from all those dishes we had to scrub!" Hearing the two discussing smithing, she remembers something she'd read in the records so she decides to share it after greeting Peter as he passes.
"Morning, Peter. You know, Calder, I remember reading something in the records about the smithing of Martin' sword. I could look it up for you if you like."
"If it's smithing you're interested in, how'd yer like to learn from a self-styled expert? We badger lords have a long tradition of working the forges in Salamandastron. Mind if I join you?" queries Brock, holding a massive bowl of porridge and gesturing to a free seat.
Looking to Brum "Oh! yes please Brum, I never thought of that, it would be great thank you.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Morning, Alexander!, Yes, please do sit, Brock, if it's okay with the rest of you guys, of course." Brum looks to the other members of her little group questioningly. Brock looks at the chair he'd just gestured to which is now occupied by Alexander before shrugging and walking around the table to a free seat opposite, seating himself next to Calder and opposite Owain and Brum.
"Yes, young sir. What can I do for you?" he asks, smiling in a friendly manner at Charles.
As brock sat down next to Calder, he replied to him next saying "Yes sir I would, any teaching is wonderful really sir. he replied eagerly, looking to Owain as well "I will take you up on that also. Oh and Peter, I am not that dangerous anymore." He smiled to Peter, "Especially after that accident with the forge" He said rubbing his left hand, still remembering the day he received it.
"Good morning Alexander"
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, well I don't know about that, Owain. You'd be watching me wander along a bookshelf looking for the right book. You're welcome to watch if you really want to though. And you're welcome, Calder. I'm only too happy to help."
"Ah, yes, I remember your lot." acknowledges Brock. Seeing the look on Charles' face, he has a strong suspicion that he knows where this is going.
"Did something happen to them?" he queries gently. "Would you prefer to talk to me about it in private?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Owain admitted, leaning back slightly. "I could get some cysgu in th' chair whilst I watch. Bu' I do 'ave t' tell you tha' tale again so's you c'n note it."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles snaps out of his thoughts.
Oh, sorry. Sure, you lead the way. Charles replied.
After following the badger lord out of the dining hall, he doesn't wait to continue the story.
We were attacked by what seemed like hundreds of birds. Blurring our vision and clawing and scratching at us... Me and my grandfather were the only beasts who made it out of the attack, but grandfather suffered injuries. I went to go get help from the abbey, and I did... But then I blacked out. The next thing I know is that I was at the abbey with a bandage on my face, and my grandfather didn't make it back to the abbey...
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sorry, some what? But yes, I'd quite forgotten you promised to do that. Thanks for reminding me."

==========
"I'm sorry. That must be hard on you... I won't be so churlish as to ask if you're okay because i know you're probably not. I can assure you that you are safe here though and that's what your family would want. I'll tell you what I'll do though. I'll send two score of my best hares out into the forest to search for them for you. Can you give us a clear idea of where you where the attack happened?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't know where we were attacked, but I know where my grandfather was the last time I saw him. I could show you it, if that's not too much trouble. Charles said.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Owain said, trying to think which word he's said in Marchespeak, "Prob'ly sleep. An' I got t' meet th' cellarhog a' some point."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter hadn't meant to listen, he'd just meant to ask Charles if he wanted him to come. So he'd been on the other side of the wall when Charles had talked with the Lord. He felt rude but he was adamant and fearful. He was going to go with Charles and step outside abbey grounds.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"So how is everyone this morning?" Alexander asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor and james soon finished their usual jobs. As they explored around they noticed a small group, within it was someone new and the two still cloaked and hidden walked up to see who it was.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"So how is everyone this morning?" Alexander asked.
"I'm fine , thank you , how about you ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Owain said, realising he'd not answered Sara earlier, "Apl'gies, Sara,. Weren't meaning t' ignore you or Alex here. Too many things goin' on. Las' night were good. Best bed I've 'ad in many a month. So I'm rested an' ready fer th' day," he said, answering both Sara and Alexander.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That would be helpful but I don't want to endanger you again... Okay, will you promise to do exactly as the hares tell you and to stick with the hare assigned as your guard?" Brock queries.

==========
"Ah, heh. Yeah, you could do that, definitely. Might help your paws heal too."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Owain said, realising he'd not answered Sara earlier, "Apl'gies, Sara,. Weren't meaning t' ignore you or Alex here. Too many things goin' on. Las' night were good. Best bed I've 'ad in many a month. So I'm rested an' ready fer th' day," he said, answering both Sara and Alexander.
"Aye, our beds are second to none, as is our food and drink, if I do say so myself. You called for me?" queries a giant of a hedgehog who looms behind Owain, carrying two plates of breakfast.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Sara was about to answer Owain , telling him that it was fine , but the sudden appearance of the big hedgehog behind him completely caught her off guard , leaving the fox with only a few "oh....er...um....er...."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yes, sir. Thank you, sir! Charles replied. And my friend Peter? Is it okay if he joins us?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain looked around and almost coughed up the piece of cheese he was eating. "G...guessing you's the cellar'og?" he queried rhetorically. "Fy, rydych yn draenog mawr,"* he said, subconsciously slipping into his native tongue. "Uh, yer a big fella. I'm Owain, Wheel-wright an' cartmak'r. I 'ear I c'n 'elp you?"
*((My, you're a big hedgehog))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter swallowed slightly and stepped forward. "May I also accompany you, Charles?" He tried to grin but his nerves got the better of him and he failed. "Oh, um, y...you asked..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aye, that I am. Cellarhog and big. Ambrose is my name. Sorry to have startled you but pleased to meet you. What is it you think you can help me with? Hold that thought." The burly hedgehog strolls off and presents his wife with her plate of breakfast before returning to Owain and the others.
"Sorry. Can't keep Evelyn waiting for long." he smiles jovially. "So... What is it you think you could help me with?"

==========
"Will you promise to do the same, Peter?" queries Brock.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, I'd 'eard tell y' were lookin' for someone t' sort out some carts for ease've barr'l transfer" Owain queried, "An' I doubt we'll be missin' th' sist'r long," he added, pointing to his feet.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"I...I would be a fool not to, s...sir," Peter replied, not voicing that he'd never been out there before.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good. Then we'll go straight after breakfast. Shall we go back in to our friends now?" Brock suggests.

==========
"Aye, that I am. Think you could rig up something for me, do you? I reckon Calder here could help make some steel rims for your wheels. His smithing skills are coming along in leaps and bounds. He fixed my chisel for me like it had never been broken. I'm sure Evelyn will fix you up right a rain before you know what hit you. She's never been one to let a creature suffer."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Think th' same can be said f'r any here, Sir," Owain said pleasantly. "and I'm certain yer right, I am. I'll be along a bi' lat'r in th' day for certain, friend." Without hestitation or fear, Owain held out his hand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course, sir," Peter said, putting an arm around Charles, "I'd imagine we'd need a good feed before heading... out there."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie