Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. Welcome to our abbey! You're welcome to stay here as long as you desire, permanently even if you wish. We ask nothing in return but your good will. May I assume that you'll be undertaking this journey with Brum and Owain?" The abbess turns to Calder next.
"Calder. Good morning to you. I think they would be glad of your company. Many paws make light work after all." Edlyn smiles. "Thank you for the suggestion, however I feel that the truth may be better in this instance. Not the whole truth, mind you. Just enough of it to keep those under my care content. As to borrowing supplies from our library, that's a question you should ask our librarian." Edlyn motions to Brum and then turns and smiles at Owain.
"As honest as the day is long, you are, Owain. Thank you. We'd be glad to take care of the cup until your return. It would protect it from being lost again too should the worst happen. As you know the route, Owain, how long do you expect this journey to take?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley did a polite half bow, "Thank you, we hope to make a life here. We will do our part here." He looked at Fleta, she was smiling too.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"oh !" Sara exclaim joyfully "we're almost there !"
"Good," said Marko, "I have been 'vanting to seeing Redwall Abbey for some time."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It is a nice place, someone there tried to help me learn to read recently,"

Aldryd said, picking up his pace

"But it's too big I think, easy to get lost."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Yes that is true , Redwall is very big , and I only managed to see a few places only ."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Y'chall'nge me wi' th' 'onour of your words, Ma'am," Owain said before thinking. "I' took me a few day've wand'rin' bu' we c'n cut tha' down. The cave's near th' top've a Pystll... uh, Wat'rfall an' I went through a village wi' particul'r love've afel darten... uh, tart of Apple." He looked hopefully at the Abbess. "tha' 'elp any?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"well my lady sara should youd like to explore redwall today im more than happy to join you" trevor said kindly with a somewhat loving expression and smile
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Yes that is true , Redwall is very big , and I only managed to see a few places only ."
"Big places are 'dey best to explore," said Marko cheerfully. "Instead of 'dinking of as getting lost, I 'dinking of it as an adventure."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum and Edlyn think for a few moments before arriving at the same conclusion.
"Appleford!" they chorus.
"I have a close friend living there. I know it well."
"I've not been there but it's mentioned in our records. I think Brother Arthur wrote about it a few summers back."
"Yes, I recall him going on a trip." Edlyn confirms. "Appleford shouldn't be more than a day's work for young paws such as yours. I believe there's a map in our records, Brum. You know where to look."
"Yes, Mother. I'll have a good search."
"Good. Well, you all have your preparations to make so I shall leave you to it. Do come and find me before you go."
"Yes, Mother."
"And now I do believe it is time for me to break my fast. I hope the hares have left me something. I shall see you shortly."
"Thank you, Mother. Enjoy your food, Mother." After the abbess has left, Brum begins to discuss plans with the others.
"Okay. What will we need on this trip? Food and drink, obviously, and bedding. What else? You're the expert in travelling, Owain. What do we need?"
"Ahem. Harrum. Ah, Brumble. Good morning."
"Oh, good morning, Brother Arthur. How are you today?"
"Err, quite well, yes, quite well, thank you."
"That's good."
"I seem to have a bit of a dilemma though. I know there was something I was going to do down here but I can't for th elife of me remember what it was... Also, I can't seem to find my spectacles. Have you seen them anywhere?"
Brum smiles at the elderly squirrel.
"You're wearing them, Brother Arthur. They're on your nose."
"Oh?" The squirrel raises a paw to his nose. "Oh, so they are. Well, that's a relief! Thank you!" Brother Arthur starts to shuffle off before turning back to Brum.
"Err, what did I come down here for?"
"Breakfast, I should think, Brother."
"Oh, yes. That was it. I think I shall have some fruit salad. And maybe some candied chestnuts. But don't tell Brum. Cheeky little dibbun, she is. Why, just yesterday she stole a whole half a bag from my desk while I was distracted with writing the records. Still, she's a good reader. I think she'll make a fine librarian some day, a fine librarian, indeed she will. Err, ahem, yes, breakfast. Fruit salad and candied chestnuts, I think. Fruit salad and chestnuts." The elderly squirrel shuffles off towards the serving area muttering "fruit salad and candied chestnuts" to himself. Brum frowns after him as he goes.
"... That's the first time he's forgotten who I am... That's never happened before... He's not usually quite that behind the times either... I do hope he'll be okay..." she worries aloud, distracted temporarily from thoughts of the quest.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Appleford," Peter said quietly, a second or so after Brum and the Abbess. He was sure he'd have gotten it sooner but, maybe in a few years..?
"Sounds like y'know th' place indeed," Owain said before the elderly Squirrel came by. Comes 't'all've us in time," he said quietly. "Seen it wi' m' tad-cu..." He tried clicking his fingers as he tried for the word... "Fath'r of m' fath'r. Best y' talk t' 'im now. Old mem'ries 're young 'gain."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both the ferrets continued to stand there in awkward silence, Bradley gave a curt bow as the abbess left to go get food. He turned to the others, looking at the new squirrel wondering who this one was in relation to things. He figured they would be leaving soon so he stayed quiet, Fleta did the same.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:"well my lady sara should youd like to explore redwall today im more than happy to join you" trevor said kindly with a somewhat loving expression and smile
"that......it would be great , sir.Trevor" Sara smiled shyly
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You mean grandfather?" Brum suggests automatically. "So... Do you mean to say I should go after Arthur, Owain, and keep him talking? Will that help?"
Brum looks to the ferrets and notes the curiosity on their faces that they're too polite to vocalise. "That was Brother Arthur." she explains. "He's my mentor and predecessor as Abbey Librarian and Recorder. He's no relation but I love him like an uncle or grandfather. There's no one wiser or probably older in our abbey. Sadly his wits are beginning to fail him although he still knows where to find each and every book and scroll in our library."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'t can do, Brum," Owain said, "it can. Mem'ry's odd. What's f'gott'n one day's 'member'd the next. Plus..." he looked so she could see the sadness in his eyes. "Y' can't tell when's the las' time y'll hear th' stories from 'im, M'cariad." He swung himself off the chair. "Best be goin' t' Sist'r Evelyn, I 'ad. Tell 'er what's occurin'."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Ah, thank you. That's too bad, sorry." Bradley was unsure how to express both gratefulness and sorrow at teh same time and it ended up coming at more mixed up than he intended.
Hotep the psychic

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:"well my lady sara should youd like to explore redwall today im more than happy to join you" trevor said kindly with a somewhat loving expression and smile
"that......it would be great , sir.Trevor" Sara smiled shyly
Trevor smiled while blushing some himself as he thought of a random thought as he walked with the group.
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Within a few minutes, the traveling group came to the abbey gates, and Aldryd called up

"Oi! We would like to enter!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"True... I'll go talk to him while you get Evelyn to see to you, Owain. Bradley, Fleta, would you please go to the kitchens and ask them for... Four days of travelling food for a party of five? That'll give us plenty of food to get there and back plus extra if we need to stop somewhere. The kitchens are down that passage and on your left. You can't miss them. Peter, can you please organise tents, blankets, cloaks, flint and steel, tinder, that sort of thing? Calder, can you please see if you can find the maps? They're the scrolls on the left side of the third shelf down on the rightmost bookcase as you walk into the library. Shall we all meet back at Martin's sword in half an hour?"

==========
A familiar furry face pokes over the wall, breaking into a grin when she recognises the travellers.
"Ahoy, Aldryd! 'Tis me, Tilly! I'll be right down and let yer in!" True to her word, it isn't long before the creatures outside hear a grunt as the heavy bar holding the gates shut is lifted aside and then the gate swings open to reveal the grinning ottermaid.
"Welcome back! We've all heard of yer quest to save the abbey's carrots. Did yer succeed?" she queries as she makes room for them to enter.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, Sister Brum," Peter said, almost zipping off to get the equipment before halting himself. "Are we getting carts or Barrows too?" He asked, hoping he wasn't being dumb.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain headed back through the abbey and, making sure he didn't wince, climbed the stairs to Sister Evelyn and he bade her hello.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley smiled and nodded, "Okay." Bradley lead the way down the passageway Brum had pointed out and turned on their left into the kitchen. Both were surprised by how big the kitchen was in this place compared with other places they've seen. They waited at the entryway patiently to tell whoever was in charge of what they needed.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Steel bit into flesh as Rhys pressed the blade of his knife to the skin of the apple, before slowly rotating the fruit in his right paw. He'd been keeping his eyes watching for trouble as he traveled down just outside the roadway on his journey from Salamandastron, but with Lord Brock at the abbey, the Long Patrol would have - or at the very least should have - spotted anything this close. The squirrel let his guard down for the moment, passing the time as he closed on the abbey grounds by seeing if he could manage to completely peel the skin off one of the apples in his provisions in one long, continuous strand. Once he accomplished the task, much to his satisfaction, he grabbed the rind from its end with his left paw and in one quick motion, hung it over his nose, leaned his head back, opened his jaws, dropped it into his mouth and started scarfing it down. After all, there was no reason for it to go to waste.

As he finished chewing and swallowing the apple skin, he put his knife back into its sheath, and began munching the fruit in earnest. In the distance, he could finally clearly see the Abbey gate, but much to his curiosity, it appeared that a small group was already assembled there - from what he could tell, with an otter at the forefront. Letting his second nature as a scout take control, he held back a bit, waited and watched, trying to quickly finish what remained of his snack.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"erm , we brought these herbs back from Aldryd's home . He said they would help" Sara replied , indicating the plants they were carrying
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd gave a tacit smile and waved a greeting to Tilly. He gestured to the jars of plants he carried, and to those Sara held

"We found what we needed, but those crops aren't yet well."

He said, entering the abbey

"Say, where is the garden again?"
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

As Rhys finished off his snack, something that was distinctly not apple fell to his gut. For upon closer observation of the band at the gate, Rhys realized that two foxes were among the group entering the abbey. A deep-seeded mistrust woke from its slumber in his heart. Foxes and their ilk still had a notorious reputation among much of the Long Patrol, Rhys included. It may not have been what it once was, but they had fought for far too long against vermin villainous, harsh, and cruel. And foxes in particular were infamous for being sly and deceiving - hiding ill intentions under a friendly facade. The Abbey, perhaps, could afford to be welcoming to all. But the Long Patrol, as the Major would say, must always be wary.

Still, he reasoned quietly to himself, his duty was not to determine who was allowed to enter into Redwall. They had entered peacefully, and that would be that. His duty, was, however, to deliver a report to Lord Brock, and it would be best for him to get in before they closed the gate. Discarding the remaining stem of his apple, he started up a brisk gait towards the Abbey's entrance.

"Haaaiiilll!" Rhys yelled, as heartily and loudly as he could. "Hold the gate!"
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well done and I hope ye can finish the quest successfully! Just follow the grounds around past the abbey that way. Ye can't miss it, matey!" Tilly grins, waving the small group on their way. She stops the new badger though.
"Welcome to Redwall Abbey. I've not seen ye here before. I'm Tilly. Who are ye and what's yer loyalty? If'n ye have any weapons, would ye please be so kind as to leave them in the gatehouse? We're a peaceful order and do not go armed. Also, will ye be accompanyin' Aldryd and his group or did ye have some other purpose in visitin' us? Perhaps I can help direct ye to where you need to be?" Tilly starts pushing the gate shut behind the badger but stops when she hears the squirrel call.
"Come on then, matey, and be welcome!" she grins, opening the gate again.
"I'm Tilly. Who might you be? Is that a Long Patrol unifom yer wearin'?"

==========
"Yes, get a cart, please." Brum confirms, "And anything else you think we might need. We'll go through it all before we leave so if you're not sure then put it in anyway." The duties sorted, Brum wanders off to talk with Arthur.

==========
Friar Gwyn, a rather portly harvest mouse doesn't take long to notice the pair of ferrets standing in the doorway. He beckons them over as he stirs a bubbling pot on a stove behind them with a spoon gripped in his prehensile tail.
"Welcome! I'm Friar Gwyn, in charge of these kitchens. Come to help with the dishes, have you?" he jokes before booming out a belly laugh that's loud enough that it could have belonged to a hare.
"Hehe, not to worry, not to worry! You're not here for that, I know, and besides, I have a couple of dibbuns on Abbess's Report to help with them today. So, what can I do you for, eh? Did the hares finish breakfast before you got to it?" The laugh booms out again.

==========
"Ah, good morning, Owain! How fare you this morning?" Evelyn asks as she switches Biff's vomit bucket for a new one, passing the old to Gurrtrude to be emptied and cleaned.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter sprinted off to get the blankets and evrything else. First, of course, he went for the cart. He knew where they were kept and the way to go to get one and he got it close to the door he was going to use and commenced loading it with items.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain chuckled slightly. Evelyn was gonna kill him... "Well, the paws're bet'r," he said, "an' th' Abess's chrg'd me wi' usin' 'em again..." He scratched the left side of his neck with his right handpaw. "Few've us'r charg'd wi' bringin' back something that were lost. So I need meddyginiaeth.... uh... med'cation f'r four days?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:Friar Gwyn, a rather portly harvest mouse doesn't take long to notice the pair of ferrets standing in the doorway. He beckons them over as he stirs a bubbling pot on a stove behind them with a spoon gripped in his prehensile tail.
"Welcome! I'm Friar Gwyn, in charge of these kitchens. Come to help with the dishes, have you?" he jokes before booming out a belly laugh that's loud enough that it could have belonged to a hare.
"Hehe, not to worry, not to worry! You're not here for that, I know, and besides, I have a couple of dibbuns on Abbess's Report to help with them today. So, what can I do you for, eh? Did the hares finish breakfast before you got to it?" The laugh booms out again.
Fleta smiled warmly at the mouse's ramblings, Bradley stood there listening kindly. "No, the food was good." Bradley started after the mouse finished, "Brum wants 'Four days of travelling food for a party of five'." He hoped the mouse would know what exactly Brum wanted for food.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder happily skipped through the halls to his room, not entirely paying attention. That was when he bumped right into his mentor, both making a grunt from colliding. "Oh, I'm Sorry Carolette." Calder said as he helped the hare up. "Why Cal, what are you doing running through the halls for?"
"Sorry again, It's just. Brum is going on an adventure with that new fellow owain and I offered to join them since as you know, I want her safe, also it would be great time for a picnic with her. Abbess also has a few others going and we are looking for some lost treasure as well so we will be safe. Besides you said I needed to learn of the world outside these walls and I will bring the instructions you wrote down for smithing with me so I will be studying, its only four days and I would really like to go. I know my parents will say yes but I would like to have your permission now that I think about it and I know it means I wont be at work, but you said last night that we might have a dull week anyways. So please Carolette?" He asked very excitedly and talking quickly.
Carolette tried to slow the squirrel down, luckily she knew him well enough to understand the key details. "You really should tell her." She started, her being Brum, whom Calder at times didn't really stop talking about. "But yes, that is fine Cal, it will be good for you. On your way, go to that one chest I told you to not open and get the knife in there. its been sharpened recently, I want you safe and its better to have that incase you get lost and need to use it for making tools. Than being lost and not able to make any tools.
Calder nodded "Yes ma'am, I will make sure of that."
Carolette smiled and patted Calders head "Be safe out there you silly squirrel, I hope you have a great story to share when you return."
Calder happily went to pack, telling his parents and getting their blessing as well. He then went to the library and found the right map, putting it inside his pack. He then went to find some other materials for the trip. He spent time picking some books and scrolls about various flora in the area and what to look out for.
After his trip to the library he made his way finally to the blacksmiths forge, finding the chest. Inside was a cloak and some other tools, even a journal, which he decided against reading the book. He might ask her later if she used to be an adventurer or something.
With everything in order he made his way to the tapestry.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"Come on then, matey, and be welcome! I'm Tilly. Who might you be? Is that a Long Patrol unifom yer wearin'?"

Rhys allowed himself a moment to steady his breath once he arrived at the entryway, having quickened his pace further to reach the gate with all due haste. After all, just because they were holding the gate was no excuse for him to force them to wait on him. Having taken his passing respite, he folded one arm behind his back, grabbed his cap in his other paw and brought it down to his chest, while tilting his head down and flattening his ears back, all in one polite and practiced bow.

"Greetings and g'day then, Miss Tilly. My name is Rhys Greenbrier; a pleasure to be at your service."

With that he brought his head back up and put his cap back on, before fidgetingly trying to adjust it back to the position he found most comfortable. After a moment or two of this, he brought his full attention back to the observant ottermaid who stood before him, keeping the Abbey's gate.

"And yes, as you've guessed, I'm here on Patrol business. Would you perchance know where Lord Brock is? I've a need to speak with him."
RP chars:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd nodded his head at tally and lead his group inside. Shortly thereafter, he stopped and began to look around, lost

"Er, do... Any of you remember where to go again?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well done and I hope ye can finish the quest successfully! Just follow the grounds around past the abbey that way. Ye can't miss it, matey!" Tilly grins, waving the small group on their way. She stops the new badger though.
"Welcome to Redwall Abbey. I've not seen ye here before. I'm Tilly. Who are ye and what's yer loyalty? If'n ye have any weapons, would ye please be so kind as to leave them in the gatehouse? We're a peaceful order and do not go armed. Also, will ye be accompanyin' Aldryd and his group or did ye have some other purpose in visitin' us? Perhaps I can help direct ye to where you need to be?" Tilly starts pushing the gate shut behind the badger but stops when she hears the squirrel call.
"Come on then, matey, and be welcome!" she grins, opening the gate again.
"I'm Tilly. Who might you be? Is that a Long Patrol unifom yer wearin'?"
Marko took off his hat and made a sweeping bow. "Greetings! I am called Marko. My loyalty lies with first my caravan and 'den myself." He put his hat back on and continued. "As you can plainly seeing I am unarmed. Only a lute and 'valking stick to my name." He held up the walking stick for good measure. "I am but a simple traveler, 'vho 'vishes to seeing the Abbey in all its glory."
CosmicCoyote wrote:"Come on then, matey, and be welcome! I'm Tilly. Who might you be? Is that a Long Patrol unifom yer wearin'?"

Rhys allowed himself a moment to steady his breath once he arrived at the entryway, having quickened his pace further to reach the gate with all due haste. After all, just because they were holding the gate was no excuse for him to force them to wait on him. Having taken his passing respite, he folded one arm behind his back, grabbed his cap in his other paw and brought it down to his chest, while tilting his head down and flattening his ears back, all in one polite and practiced bow.

"Greetings and g'day then, Miss Tilly. My name is Rhys Greenbrier; a pleasure to be at your service."

With that he brought his head back up and put his cap back on, before fidgetingly trying to adjust it back to the position he found most comfortable. After a moment or two of this, he brought his full attention back to the observant ottermaid who stood before him, keeping the Abbey's gate.

"And yes, as you've guessed, I'm here on Patrol business. Would you perchance know where Lord Brock is? I've a need to speak with him."
"'De...'de Long Patrol, said Marko, taken aback. He gave the squirrel a wary look up and down.

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:Aldryd nodded his head at tally and lead his group inside. Shortly thereafter, he stopped and began to look around, lost

"I....I believe it's this way ?" Sara spoke up , quite unsure , but still pointed at the direction she thought might be where they needed to go .
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank ye. Welcome, Marko. I hope you feel at home here. Yer welcome to stay as long as ye like. Feel free to enter and if ye need anythin' then ye only have to ask." Tilly smiles before pushing the gate to and heaving the bar back into place.
"'Tis a pleasure, Mister Greenbrier. I'm afraid I couldn't tell ye where Lord Brock is on account of I'm on gate duty so I can't leave the gate. Some creature will know if ye ask around though. 'Tis hard not to notice someone as big as he. He's definitely still in the abbey though. I know because I haven't let him out today. 'Afore ye enter though, I need to ask, do ye have any weapons on ye? If so, please leave them in the gatehouse. We're a peaceful order and do not bear arms."

==========
"Four days' travelling fo five! Not a problem! Off on an adventure, are you?" Leaving his pot in the care of a field-mouse, the Friar enters a large pantry and starts stacking items in a pair of sturdy sacks.
"Let's see... Bread, cheese, apples - better add some of them - Hmm, nope that won't last. Biscuits, yes, oatcakes definitely... Pears... Good. That should do it." Hefting the sacks, the friar returns to the waiting ferrets.
"There you are. That should be plenty. You should go see Ambrose down in the cellars and he'll give you some cordials to drink while you're away. Safe travels!" The harvest mouse gives the ferrets directions to the cellars before returning to his pot and tasting his concoction.
"Hmm. More nutmeg, I think..."

==========
Brum spends quite a while talking to Arthur as he breaks his fast. Afterwards she slowly climbs the stairs to her room, feeling downhearted. She changes from her habit into her sturdy breeches and tunic and rolls up a spare set of clothes for the journey. She also fetches her sling and a pouch of stones from a drawer, and she ties the pouch around her waist before tucking the sling into it. She collects a sturdy walking stick from her cupboard, a gift from her mother, and then pauses, looking at a smallish unstrung bow and a quiver of blunt arrows. Although they don't hunt, may abbey dwellers do enjoy archery as a game of skill, Brum included, although she hasn't used this, her old bow, in quite a few seasons. Pulling it out, she strings it and pulls on it experimentally and is pleased to see it's still springy and strong as the day she'd been given it from her father. In recent times, Brum has decided that she, like many squirrels, prefers the sling to the bow and besides, she's outgrown this bow somewhat. She thinks it will be a good size for Peter though so, unstringing the bow and putting it back in the quiver with the arrows, she adds it to her small pile of things to bring along with a warm cloak. Satisfied, she packs her gear into a small satchel which she slings over her shoulder before heading downstairs, still thinking contemplatively and sadly about her encounter with Arthur.

==========
"I see." Evelyn sounds less than impressed. "Well, if the Abbess thinks it necessary than I'll not argue. Sit on the chair here and show me how your paws are doing. Then I'll get the medication." Evelyn washes her paws in a bowl of water on a table before pulling out some bandages and a few other medical supplies as she waits for Owain to remove his shoes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter had virtually every needed blanket and piece of Flint he'd been able to find and carry to the cart and he was now topping that up with spare cloaks and a cassock. He'd managed to locate three real tents and a toy one they sometimes used with the Dibbuns that he could still fit in. Steel was a bit more of a problem but he'd found a few small pieces and grabbed them. It was going well. Even if he was a bit tired.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain had the feeling Evelyn wasn't happy about this as he sat up on the bed and raised his feet for her to see. He reckoned the scratches would have faded by now. They didn't hurt so much anyhow. He decided to trust her and brought his mouth close to her ear. "I's th' tabl'ware," he whispered.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"'Tis a pleasure, Mister Greenbrier. I'm afraid I couldn't tell ye where Lord Brock is on account of I'm on gate duty so I can't leave the gate. Some creature will know if ye ask around though. 'Tis hard not to notice someone as big as he. He's definitely still in the abbey though. I know because I haven't let him out today. 'Afore ye enter though, I need to ask, do ye have any weapons on ye? If so, please leave them in the gatehouse. We're a peaceful order and do not bear arms."

"Please, just Rhys. My father was Mister Greenbrier..."

His smalltalk was a bit of cover, however, to hide some surprise at her question. Not even the Long Patrol is trusted with weapons here? Or what is it because... the train of thought caused his face to fall a bit, something he couldn't hide through his otherwise friendly facade. Does she not trust me? Perhaps, if I were a hare like the others... No. He was overthinking the matter. Lord Brock was here, after all, surely some arrangement had been made. Or maybe it was just what it was - standard procedure. Famous though it was for it's many tales of conflict and heroism, Redwall was still just an abbey after all. Despite his work scouting, he'd never been sent to the Abbey, so he didn't know how things went. It wasn't worth straining the relationship between the Abbey and the Patrol for. Nor the likely earful from one of the captains if he did make a fuss. Wasn't like he was apt to use the weapons here, anyway.

"But aye, I do bear steel. A Patrolman must be ever ready, after all."

With that, he pulled back the mottled traveling cloak he was wearing back further, revealing the hilt and scabbard of his shortsword, running down the length of his right thigh. Attached somewhat loosely to the scabbard was a buckler shield - though it wasn't a weapon per se, there was little use keeping it with him either, and so he left it hooked to the blade's sheath as he worked to release the fasteners that held the sword fast to his belt. Once they came undone, he pulled the scabbard from the belt and gently placed it on the ground, before moving both of his paws behind his back to do the same for the knife he carried. While the position made it easy to draw in a dangerous situation, it was a bit of nuisance to take on and off when secured to his belt. Still, he'd had more than enough practice doing so, and soon enough the knife and its sheath were freed from their place on his belt as well. Grabbing both of his weapons, he laid the sheathed knife on top of the scabbard and held out the pair of blades with both paws.

"That's all my arms. Do take care of them, y'hear?"

Once resolved with the storage of his arms, Rhys turned his attention to the badger who had entered in the gate with the group before him, only to find that he in turn was the focus of attention of the badger. He had a history with badgers, even before he came into the service of Lord Brock and Salamandastron, and little could understate the respect and admiration he held for their kind. So it was a great discomfort to see the unease that filled the eyes of the badger that stood before him. What exactly did I do? Though his attention had been elsewhere, he thought he'd heard the badger mention something about the Long Patrol, and his accent talking to Tilly was... odd for one of his kind, to say the least. Still, he put forth a broad and warm smile, to try and assuage the badger's qualms.

"Greetings, friend... Marko, was it? A pleasure to meet... oh!"

A look of sudden realization crossed the squirrel's face as he once more made a turn to grab the gatekeeper Tilly's attention again. He'd gotten caught up fumbling around with taking off his assortment of arms that he'd forgotten to ask a rather important question of her.

"Not to be a bother, but if you don't know where Lord Brock is, do you at least know where the hares are quartering here at the Abbey? One might know, and even if not, I'll likely need to make arrangements anyway."

He turned once more to Marko, with sheepish embarrassment apparent on his face, one paw resting on the back of his head behind his cap. Though he hated to leave the badger without finding out what was the matter, duty was still calling.

"Apologies. I'm afraid I cannot spare much leisure at the moment. Perhaps some other time?"
RP chars:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Four days' travelling fo five! Not a problem! Off on an adventure, are you?" Leaving his pot in the care of a field-mouse, the Friar enters a large pantry and starts stacking items in a pair of sturdy sacks.
"Let's see... Bread, cheese, apples - better add some of them - Hmm, nope that won't last. Biscuits, yes, oatcakes definitely... Pears... Good. That should do it." Hefting the sacks, the friar returns to the waiting ferrets.
"There you are. That should be plenty. You should go see Ambrose down in the cellars and he'll give you some cordials to drink while you're away. Safe travels!" The harvest mouse gives the ferrets directions to the cellars before returning to his pot and tasting his concoction.
"Hmm. More nutmeg, I think..."
Bradley hefted the sacks over his shoulders, balancing them on his back. "Thank you." He smiled and nodded. Fleta lead him back out into the hall and to the cellar. Once again they where both surprised by the shear size of this place and the rooms in it. And once again they waited patiently for someone to come to them for them to tell them what they needed.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

CosmicCoyote wrote:
"Greetings, friend... Marko, was it? A pleasure to meet... oh!"

A look of sudden realization crossed the squirrel's face as he once more made a turn to grab the gatekeeper Tilly's attention again. He'd gotten caught up fumbling around with taking off his assortment of arms that he'd forgotten to ask a rather important question of her.

"Not to be a bother, but if you don't know where Lord Brock is, do you at least know where the hares are quartering here at the Abbey? One might know, and even if not, I'll likely need to make arrangements anyway."

He turned once more to Marko, with sheepish embarrassment apparent on his face, one paw resting on the back of his head behind his cap. Though he hated to leave the badger without finding out what was the matter, duty was still calling.

"Apologies. I'm afraid I cannot spare much leisure at the moment. Perhaps some other time?"

"Aye...perhaps another time," said Marko, still eyeing him warily. He tightened his grip on his staff.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank ye kindly, Rhys. I promise they'll be kept safe. Thank ye fer yer cooperation. 'Tis nothin' personal, this. It's just standard protocol. We've no need for weapons here and sometimes they frighten the dibbuns. As I said yer free to collect yer weapons whenever yer ready to leave." The otter had noticed the small change in the squirrel's expression and had guessed at the cause for his concern so she attempted to alleviate it. She's about to turn and head into the gatehouse when the squirrel calls her back.
"Aye, I do. Most o' them are in the dormitories with the other abbey dwellers The rest are in private rooms or rooms in small groups. Yer'll find them easily enough. Hares are hard to miss around here." Tilly Jokes. "Sister Vivienne would be the one to 'elp with your enquiries about lodgin'. If'n yer foller this path straight up to the abbey then you'll end up in the Great 'all. If Sister Viv ain't in there then there'll be some creature there as can 'elp yer. Good luck!" Unbeknownst to the otter, the badger lord is currently in the hall breaking his fast, having first run several laps of the abbey walltops before freshening up.

==========
"Tableware? Whatever do you mean?" asks Evelyn as she examines the footpaws, squeezing gently in several places. "Does this hurt? Or this? Or this?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tha' one jus' a bit," Owain admitted on the third press. "An' Brum'd smack m' 'ead if'n she knew I'd said tha' much." He tried not to laugh as, on occasion, it felt like Evelyn was tickling his footpads.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Esper wrote:Aldryd nodded his head at tally and lead his group inside. Shortly thereafter, he stopped and began to look around, lost

"I....I believe it's this way ?" Sara spoke up , quite unsure , but still pointed at the direction she thought might be where they needed to go .
Trevor smiled at the group standing nearby as he stared at Sara again before hearing that they didnt know where the gardens were. He blushed again as he spoke up as well "id say the gardens are closer to the streams in redwall that way theres a close water supply to use" trevor said
ImageImageImage