Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: Redwall

Post by Hotep the psychic »

trevor and james stood nearby in the bushes hidden from site. the cloak blending them into the trees and bushes. the two sat still as statues and silent as breathing. they watched brum like hawks and the others. james looked behind him. "what now" james asked in a whisper. trevor stood still "wait and watch. then we follow"trevor answered in a whisper before slowly turning back to watch the group
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Ah, understood." Aldryd grunted, turning on his heel
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay, sounds good." Alexander said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yer OK, Miss," Owain said casually, as he estimated what he could do if the Vixen turned violent. "They're peacable 'ere."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Clearly you were hungry. It's fine, Mr. Owain. Just wait until you see some of the hares eating tonight." She looks around as the fox starts muttering and then hurries to the vixen's side and begins bathing her brow with water from a bowl.
"Shh. It's okay. You're okay. You're safe." she keeps murmuring other gentle phrases, using her voice to soothe the fox as much as she can.
the fox gradually settled down for a moment as she felt something cool ran down her head , her eyes slowly opened as she awakened to the gentle voice . Yet her relief to be awakened from the nightmare only lasted for a moment . When she realized she was in an unfamiliar place surrounded by strangers , the fox yelped and tried to jump away from the hedgehog's hand , but the only thing she could do was winced and whimpered as her entire body felt the pain from the wounds and her sudden movement
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum turns to thank James and Trevor but they've already vanished into the undergrowth. She waves in that direction anyway and then turns and leads the group back to the abbey. Stopping at the gate, she calls up to Wayland, the gatekeeper.
"Ahoy there, Wayland! Will you let us back in, please? It's Brum and the searchers along with Kiki!"

~~~~
"Hey, hey, easy there. Take it easy. It's okay. You'll be okay now." Evelyn sets the bowl aside as she gently but firmly pushes the fox back onto the bed. "I'm Sister Evelyn, the head healer here at Redwall. We found you unconscious outside our gates. Can you tell us who you are or how you came to be there?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

At the first movement, Owain had calculated things and moved to the best position. Being unable to get between Evelyn and the patient he instead took himself between the visitor and Evelyn's daughter. He kept a defensive stance as Evelyn spoke to the Vixen. "Seems they're g'd people 'ere, Lady," he said after she finished. "Plis let 'em help."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Hey, hey, easy there. Take it easy. It's okay. You'll be okay now." Evelyn sets the bowl aside as she gently but firmly pushes the fox back onto the bed. "I'm Sister Evelyn, the head healer here at Redwall. We found you unconscious outside our gates. Can you tell us who you are or how you came to be there?"
".......red.......wall......?"
the fox asked again , still a little frightened from the strange surroundings ,but.......these beasts hadn't hurt her yet so......maybe they truly won't ?
Welsh Halfwit wrote:At the first movement, Owain had calculated things and moved to the best position. Being unable to get between Evelyn and the patient he instead took himself between the visitor and Evelyn's daughter. He kept a defensive stance as Evelyn spoke to the Vixen. "Seems they're g'd people 'ere, Lady," he said after she finished. "Plis let 'em help."
"I....." the vixen muttered , not sure what to say herself . After moments of hesitation, she lowered her head , and spoke , with sadness in her eyes
"I'm sorry.......but , I can't tell you who I am because......I....don't remember....."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

serence ice fox wrote:".......red.......wall......?"
the fox asked again , still a little frightened from the strange surroundings ,but.......these beasts hadn't hurt her yet so......maybe they truly won't ?
"Yes, Redwall Abbey. Perhaps you've heard of us?
serence ice fox wrote: "I....." the vixen muttered , not sure what to say herself . After moments of hesitation, she lowered her head , and spoke , with sadness in her eyes
"I'm sorry.......but , I can't tell you who I am because......I....don't remember....."
"Oh, you poor creature. Amnesia is no fun. All we can do is hope your memories return in time. You're welcome to stay here with us until your memories return if you like. Or even longer, if you decide you like it here. Would you like something to eat or drink?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Thank you for your kindness but....I have nothing to give in return and.....I am also a fox......so...."
Hotep the psychic

Trevor and james soon reached behind brums group with little sound. they stood patiently with there hoods still covering there faces. the bows they had with them were put away.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

serence ice fox wrote:"Thank you for your kindness but....I have nothing to give in return and.....I am also a fox......so...."
"Tha'..." Owain shook his head. "That won' be... be held again' you, geneth... girl," he said, shaking his head again. "They don' c...care what y'are if'n y'need..." As the adrenaline that had cleared his head and knees left him, he put a hand to his head and the other out to rest on the nearest surface to try and keep himself upright.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Tha'..." Owain shook his head. "That won' be... be held again' you, geneth... girl," he said, shaking his head again. "They don' c...care what y'are if'n y'need..." As the adrenaline that had cleared his head and knees left him, he put a hand to his head and the other out to rest on the nearest surface to try and keep himself upright.
"S-sir ?" the fox called out to the male mouse , seeing how he started to act a little bit strange "Are you...ok ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain waved a hand weakly. "S..S'OK Miss," he said, voice wavering. "Bit weak is all. Were up in th' Clochdy... Um... tower when bells went like th' clappers." He smiled weakly. "Probl'y could need a lie-down tho'," he added.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Evelyn looks back at Owain and sees how wobbly he is.
"Oh dear. You're not quite right yet, are you? Let's get you back to bed." Evelyn gently but firmly steers Owain back to his bed which happens to be the next one along from the mystery vixen. Turning back to said vixen once Owain is safely ensconced, Evelyn addresses the foxes concerns.
serence ice fox wrote:"Thank you for your kindness but....I have nothing to give in return and.....I am also a fox......so...."
"Did we ask for anything in return, dear? We at Redwall give freely because we can. We ask nothing in return. And why should your being a fox matter? We give aid to all creatures in need."

==========
"Ahoy there, Wayland! Are you up there?" Brum yells through cupped paws.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Evelyn looks back at Owain and sees how wobbly he is.
"Oh dear. You're not quite right yet, are you? Let's get you back to bed." Evelyn gently but firmly steers Owain back to his bed which happens to be the next one along from the mystery vixen. Turning back to said vixen once Owain is safely ensconced, Evelyn addresses the foxes concerns.
"Did we ask for anything in return, dear? We at Redwall give freely because we can. We ask nothing in return. And why should your being a fox matter? We give aid to all creatures in need."
"But...foxes are bad , yes ? I've seen no one would trust a fox before.....so...." the fox asked , feeling her chest hurt from her own words . It is true that from that day , most beasts would only looked at her with nothing but distrust in their eyes , some even said out loud that foxes like her couldn't be trusted , and are nothing but trouble . She didn't know why , they just did , and as time passes , she herself came to accept that fact as well . So.....why would these beasts here be any different ? And.....should they be ?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After a moment in the bed, Owain tried and failed to shift his position so he settled for turning his head more towards the Vixen. "Met a lot've bad'uns," he agreed, "bu' met a few good'uns too. I.." He swallowed something that tasted like stew mixed with red hot bile. "The dyfarniad... uhn... the.. the judging here's on wha's done, I think." He put his head back down.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Ahoy there, Wayland! Are you up there?" Brum yells through cupped paws.
"Aye, I am," Wayland called back, "I'll get them to open the gates." A moment later the gates came open.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I...I'm Owain, by the by. Thought've a name fer youself yet?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:After a moment in the bed, Owain tried and failed to shift his position so he settled for turning his head more towards the Vixen. "Met a lot've bad'uns," he agreed, "bu' met a few good'uns too. I.." He swallowed something that tasted like stew mixed with red hot bile. "The dyfarniad... uhn... the.. the judging here's on wha's done, I think." He put his head back down.
"really ?...." the fox asked , it's kind of hard for her to believe that there would be such a place like that , but.....if it's true then she couldn't have asked for anything more
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I...I'm Owain, by the by. Thought've a name fer youself yet?"
"erm...nice to meet you , Sir Owain , and.....no , I've never thought about something like that before..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well we can' jus' go on callin' you 'The Vix'n.'" Owain said, shifting his weight around slightly as the dizziness began to pass again. "Y'could use any name. Amy, Delys, Sarafina, Martine... anything." He smiled a smile he really wasn't felling for her reassurance. "Yer lucky. Y'get t' choose your own."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well we can' jus' go on callin' you 'The Vix'n.'" Owain said, shifting his weight around slightly as the dizziness began to pass again. "Y'could use any name. Amy, Delys, Sarafina, Martine... anything." He smiled a smile he really wasn't felling for her reassurance. "Yer lucky. Y'get t' choose your own."
"......Sara...fina....." the vixen said that name again , thinking about it . It had....a nice tone to it , she thought....
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd trotted through the gates silently, giving a short wave to the guardsman
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

serence ice fox wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well we can' jus' go on callin' you 'The Vix'n.'" Owain said, shifting his weight around slightly as the dizziness began to pass again. "Y'could use any name. Amy, Delys, Sarafina, Martine... anything." He smiled a smile he really wasn't felling for her reassurance. "Yer lucky. Y'get t' choose your own."
"......Sara...fina....." the vixen said that name again , thinking about it . It had....a nice tone to it , she thought....
"M...my sist'r's name. She'd not mind you using it." Owain pushed himself into a seated position to watch the goings on.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I think that's a lovely name." Evelyn volunteers her opinion.
"Mr. Owain is right about us too. It's true that foxes are ill reputed but we're willing to give any creature a chance, especially if they come to us in genuine need." Evelyn sets a wooden pail next to Owain's bed, having seen his face when he tried to shift earlier.
"Use that if you need to, Mr. Owain. Just take your time. You've no need to rush off anywhere. You can relax in the bed until you feel better."

==========
Brum thanks Wayland before leading the rescuers through the gates and is nearly bowled over by Kiki's mother who rushes to collect her child. The relieved mousemother alternates between scolding the errant maid and tearfully hugging her and profusely thanking and hugging Brum.
"Oh. it was no trouble, really. Please, I just did what any decent creature would have done." she demurely tries to deflect the attention, remarking on the valour and heroism of her compatriots too. Eventually she manages to tear herself away from the throng of Redwallers and enter the abbey. She wants to find a safe place for the book in her library but there's someone else she wants to see too. She considers for a moment and then climbs the stairs to the library where she hides the book under her mattress before heading back down to the infirmary where she meets Evelyn's daughter coming up the stairs with another bowl of soup. After knocking, she hold the door for the young hedgehog and then enters the infirmary herself. News travels fast in Redwall and by this time somebeast had already been and gone with the news that Kiki was back safe and sound. Evelyn puts an extra pillow behind the vixen to help her sit up and then offers her the bowl of soup.
"Eat up, young lady. It'll help you feel better."
"Hi, Owain. Feeling any better?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Feeling a little better and stronger and having heard the tale told before Brum got there - including the extra details that had already been added by the 'whispers' game, Owain pulled himself to his feet and made his way over to Brum. "Bi' better," he said before giving her a peck on the cheek. "Hear y'deserve tha' fer being a hero," he added.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Eat up, young lady. It'll help you feel better."
"Hi, Owain. Feeling any better?"
"Th-thank you" the fox received the bowl , still feeling a little weak and as the result , her hands were a little bit shaken . See how Owain acted toward the squirrel the vixen could've guessed that they were no stranger to each other but.....she still didn't feel like she sound say anything toward anyone yet...
Hotep the psychic

Trevor and james both in there cloaks follow into redwall. they soon move off into a private area then into the main building itself.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum flops her tail over her face, a sure sign of embarrassment in a squirrel.
"B-but I'm not a hero. I just did what any decent creature would have done."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'Xactly," Owain said with a grin. "'member earlier? An 'ero's summat others c'n call you coz they need'em but y'never call y'self it, hear?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

the two cloaked figures moved around the main building untill reaching a higher floor. soon finding the library they entered and went to the nearest person. "excuse me, im looking for father Abot? he is the leader of redwall correct?" trevor said in a accented tone of lower pitch.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The creature they chose happens to be the elderly recorder from whom Brum had taken over. He's probably the most ancient squirrel these two have ever laid eyes upon and he gazes intently back at them over the top of his book through thick glasses.
"Aye, that he is. He's not up here though. You'll likely find him in the Great Hall or the kitchens."

==========
Brum pauses and then lowers her tail again, a slight smile on her face. "Heh. I suppose you're right."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

trevor bows slightly befoe heading for the great hall. his curiosity on this person was now primary. james curiosity was on a more historical sense. if the secret of the rangers was passed.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We still on fer tha' dance?" he asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Ev'n if you gotta 'old me up?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd proceeded to enter the Abbey's hall, again at a lost for words
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Owain said, recalling his manners and indicating the Vixen in the bed next to his.. "This here's another newydd-ddyfodiad... uh, newc'mer. She don't know her own name but she seems t'like Sarafina. Y'feelin' stronger yet?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Of course we're still on. I wouldn't miss it for the world! Just so long as Sister Evelyn thinks you're up to it."
"How are you feeling now, Mr. Owain? Any dizziness or deafness left?
"Oh. Hello, Sarafina. I'm Brumble Oakbrush but everyone calls me Brum. Are you okay?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"None I can't work pas', Ev'lyn," Owain said. "Thanks."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Owain said, recalling his manners and indicating the Vixen in the bed next to his.. "This here's another newydd-ddyfodiad... uh, newc'mer. She don't know her own name but she seems t'like Sarafina. Y'feelin' stronger yet?"
"Yes I do feel much better now , thank you or asking , sir Owain" The fox , or rather , Sarafina , smiled , and gave Owain a slight nod .
Hlaoroo wrote:"Of course we're still on. I wouldn't miss it for the world! Just so long as Sister Evelyn thinks you're up to it."
"How are you feeling now, Mr. Owain? Any dizziness or deafness left?
"Oh. Hello, Sarafina. I'm Brumble Oakbrush but everyone calls me Brum. Are you okay?"
"Nice to meet you Brum , I'm.....well I guess I'm Sarafina now , I guess you can call me Sara for short . And yes , I think I'm fine now .So erm.......it seems that you and sir Owain are acquaintances , yes ?"
Hotep the psychic

trevor soon finds father abbot from the corner of the great hall. He walks up with james standing close waiting for him to finish any business he was attending to.
ImageImageImage