SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp grimaced as he caught sight of the Doctor. He knew he couldn't move but, perhaps... "Mic down," he said in a barely audible whisper. He hated the microphone as it seemed so... impersonal. He didn't know if the person he was talking to would receive but he had to give it a go. He kept his voice low so his mouth barely seemed to move. "Chief Davidstow to Lieutenant Walker. The new Doctor is by the side, trying to attract attention. Can you intercept? Over. Out. Mic up." The line cut off as the microphone slipped back up into the helmet.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva slept lightly, moaning in her sleep.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

After the failed attempt to get the captain's attention, Colorado gets on his communicator, reaching up to turn it on and calls up the security chief, It's the only other option..., he thinks dreading what the chief'll do, "Uh...chief, I need to see you in my office." He trails off, turning his communicator off and rushing back towards his office.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp waited for a moment. He knew the talk but there was an etiquette to follow here. He hadn't even looked to see if the younger Walker had gone. When he got the chance he spoke to the Captain. "Request permission to depart, Captain," he said. "Doctor Vanderbilt seems to want my attendance."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Meanwhile, Dan makes it back to the maintenance office.

"Hey dad!" He says as he enters. "I, ah.. Found a power conduit that needs some charging.. Mind if I just take a 2KV Battery to power it? It just needs a little juicing up.." He adds, moving over to the locker to find it.

Earnest swivels around in his chair. "2KV? Bit powerful for just a power conduit.." He says simply, getting up and walking over to him.

"Yeah, well.. Best be on the safe side.." Dan says nonchalantly, hoping his father doesn't see through his guise.

Earnest leans over Dan, trying to see what exactly he's picking up. Dan picks out one of three 2KV batteries with an LCD interface, then turns round, almost bumping into Earnest in his rush.

"Oh, uh.. yes, dad?" He says, smiling sheepishly.

"..You sure you need a 2KV? The 1.5's got enough juice for a power conduit." He asks simply, tilting his head.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Like I said, it's running pretty low.." Dan said, hugging the battery under his arm.

Earnest stares at him for a moment longer, then steps out of Dan's way. "Go on then, won't charge itself.."

Dan sighs with relief, then walks to the door. "Alright, I'll just go do this and then I'll pack. See ya later!" He says as he opens the door, closing it behind him as he finishes.

Whew.. That could've gone worse.. He thought, then hurried on back to the medbay.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lewis had deactivated his mic so he could pay attention to the presentation. Liz turned to corp and gave a quick nod before continuing talking. First on our list of the top three most dangerous is agent Texas. She pressed a button and a picture of a cat in black armor appeared. However, you could only tell it was a cat from the body shape, as not even a single bit of fur could be seen under the armor that covered every inch of his body. We know very little about him, but from what we do know, he's dangerous. He skilled in multiple kinds of weapons, he's extremely stealthy, and he has absolutely no qualms about killing. If you see him, either fire every weapon you have at him, or RUN.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

He looks like he's wearing armor that gives him extra strength. Notice the muscle fibers in the suit. Dr. Rain pointed out to Blitz. Blitz nodded at the Doctor's observation.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Quietly, Corp slipped aside, instructing an officer to take his place near the Captain. He headed down to the Doctor's office at a minorly irritated pace and stepped inside. "What's the flap, Doctor Vanderbilt?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado took the room key out of his collar and unlocked the door to his office, "We had a bit of a...er, stow away on board..." He pushes open the door and motions to the cat sleeping on the bed, Shes had a bit of a rough time apparently. Must've been hidden on board. She seems in her right mind and she's not constantly trying to attack. Think we can keep her?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp huffed and took in the sight of the girl in front of him. "I am loathe to interrogate sleeping people, Doctor," he admitted at length, "so I'll let the Captain deal with that when she's awake. However," he added, "I want some precautions taken." He pointed to the arm. "THAT gets drained. Leave it at... ten percent so she can use it as a normal arm but nothing more strenuous. I'll assign a guard. If she wakes before the captain is here, you can get her whatever food and drink she requires." He closed the door and locked it again.. "As for now? She's in your care. Tell me everything you can, Doctor. Now, if you could."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'm not fully sure all that was said" He begins, unsure of how to phrase this without angering the Chief, "I can tell you this, I found her with Dan talking to each other in the hall, she was abnormally twitchy and nervous, but that stopped after her adrenaline rush went away. She was captured by Insignia. That is all I know. Interrogation is unwise. I do not know how that sort of stress may cause her to react."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp put on his best 'offended' face, an effort ruined by the helmet. "I can be delicate, Doctor," he gruffed, "but there ARE questions she needs to be asked. Especially if INSIGNIA is involved. I'll also need to speak with Petty Officer Lionheart, it seems." He pulled up his comm to summon Dan.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

..Back in the Maintenance office, Earnest was still researching particular systems on the ship.

He was disturbed by a sudden beeping noise. He looked around, wondering where the sound had come from..

He soon realised it was from the desk, more importantly from a drawer. He opens it to find two communicators, one was creating the sound. He picks it up and places it in his ear.

"Hello? This is Ensign Lionheart.. Who is this?"

---

Dan rounded the corner to the medbay and rushed to the door, battery still under his arm. He enters, seeing Colorado first.

"Hey doc, I've got that Baaaaaaa.." He said, seeing chief Davistow as he spoke the word 'battery'. "Uh, h-hi sir.." He said lowly, ears back. "Wh-what's up?"
Character Reference
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:He looks like he's wearing armor that gives him extra strength. Notice the muscle fibers in the suit. Dr. Rain pointed out to Blitz. Blitz nodded at the Doctor's observation.
Barry sat next to Dr. Rain and blitz, "You don't mind if I sit here do you? No one claimed it.. he whispered, I kind of overheard. But something is interesting about this guy, he is a master of weaponry and uses armor to enhance strength, but uses stealth. I wonder if he can't handle a hand to hand fight. Even with enhanced strength, its about the skill right? he continued whispering as he looked at the screen. He noticed Corp leaving, something was wrong, but the captain didn't seem to alarmed.
Last edited by Jacey on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Deske

Post by Deske »

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Hey doc, I've got that Baaaaaaa.." He said, seeing chief Davistow as he spoke the word 'battery'. "Uh, h-hi sir.." He said lowly, ears back. "Wh-what's up?"
Colorado chuckled at Dan's entrance, "Don't worse, Corp's just here because I had to tell him about our little, uh, guest. Nothing to be worried about, though he does want the arm drained to 10% so it can be used as a normal arm and nothing more strenuous. Safety precautions or something." He rubs his head and looks from Corp to Dan, not exactly wanting to make complete lightness of the situation, "He also has a few questions for you..." He slides over to Dan and grabs hold of his ear lightly, whispering into it, "I don't think he's going to kick her off ship. I don't actually know if he can do that. But at least for now he can't. Try not to be so nervous, okay?" He says letting Dan's ear flop back down and backing up smiling holding a thumbs up
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Never mind, sir," Corp said as Dan came into view, "I see the Lionheart I want." He cut the link and listened to Doctor Vanderbilt explain his presence. Saved him from doing it. "More security than safety, Doctor," he advised. "At full, those things can punch holes in bulkheads. At ten percent she may decide not to be so silly. Whatever. So we do that first, then I ask you about your meeting her. And, yes, I did say 'we'." he looked to the door. "I'll go in with you. Then I can tell her it was my idea if she wakes up."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dr. Rain sorta chuckled at Barry's remark. Knowing Dr. Rain wouldn't reply, Blitz explained what his thoughts were.
If this guy has a balancing mechanism that helps him lift objects, then there won't be any way to use his strength against him. But then again, thats a big if. Another factor would be perception. If there isn't a radar built in, you could probably cut the power supply if you be stealthy. Blitz replied.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Deske wrote:Colorado chuckled at Dan's entrance, "Don't worry, Corp's just here because I had to tell him about our little, uh, guest. Nothing to be worried about, though he does want the arm drained to 10% so it can be used as a normal arm and nothing more strenuous. Safety precautions or something." He rubs his head and looks from Corp to Dan, not exactly wanting to make complete lightness of the situation, "He also has a few questions for you..." He slides over to Dan and grabs hold of his ear lightly, whispering into it, "I don't think he's going to kick her off ship. I don't actually know if he can do that. But at least for now he can't. Try not to be so nervous, okay?" He says letting Dan's ear flop back down and backing up smiling holding a thumbs up
Dan just looks confusedly from the doc to Corp. "O-okay..?"

---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Never mind, sir," Corp said as Dan came into view, "I see the Lionheart I want." He cut the link.
Earnest was confused. What would the chief of security, of who he could tell it was by the voice, want with Dan? He was only fixing a power conduit.. He got up, taking the communicator out his ear and moving to the door.
Whatever they want, I better find out as well..

---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"More security than safety, Doctor," he advised. "At full, those things can punch holes in bulkheads. At ten percent she may decide not to be so silly. Whatever. So we do that first, then I ask you about your meeting her. And, yes, I did say 'we'." he looked to the door. "I'll go in with you. Then I can tell her it was my idea if she wakes up."
Dan swallows, not liking the idea of Corp standing over him.. But he nods and moves to the office door, waiting for it to be opened. He quickly checks the display on the battery, it's fully charged, he's going to have to drain about 5% of it so he can drain Keeva's arm.. "H-hey, uh.. Doc? Need anything juiced? Need to drain this thing.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva cracked her eyes open and listened. Her heart skipped at the idea of having her arm drained but... she supposed she could cope for now. The new voice seemed to be thirty percent gravel and she hoped she had her thoughts in order. She'd just listen for a bit...
------------------------------------------------
Outside, Corp watched as Dan carried out what he needed to do.
After a moment, Keeva decided to speak. "Can... can I have a drink?" She asked.
Corp nodded to Doctor Vanderbilt.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado walked over to the sink where some cups were held and filled one with tap water, hey, at least it's cold, before handing it to the cat and sitting in a chair and lightly spinning around, "So Corp, you wanted to interrogate her?"
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:Dr. Rain sorta chuckled at Barry's remark. Knowing Dr. Rain wouldn't reply, Blitz explained what his thoughts were.
If this guy has a balancing mechanism that helps him lift objects, then there won't be any way to use his strength against him. But then again, thats a big if. Another factor would be perception. If there isn't a radar built in, you could probably cut the power supply if you be stealthy. Blitz replied.
"Lets just hope none of us need to ever meet him." Barry said, looking out at the crowd, he felt uneasy all of a sudden. It was probably best to return to his patrol "If you two will excuse me, I need to check something." He got up, began his patrol again.

Most of the crew were watching intently. He walked around a bit, he noticed one of the human crewmen acting nervous, shifting around in his seat as if he was anxious or uncomfortable. He made a note about that mentally, tried to memorize his details a bit.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deske wrote:Colorado walked over to the sink where some cups were held and filled one with tap water, hey, at least it's cold, before handing it to the cat and sitting in a chair and lightly spinning around, "So Corp, you wanted to interrogate her?"
I suppose questioning might have been a better choice of words, Doctor Vanderbilt,” Corp said, stepping into the office.
Keeva, having sipped her water, visibly flinched as the armoured Mouse stepped in and looked at her through the visor. She trembled lightly – an effect visible in the water - but forced herself still as Corp walked around her like a circling vulture..
I'm Corp Davidstow,” he said. “Can you tell me where you are?
Keeva looked around. “A m...medical bay on a ship?
Corp nodded. “Quite right. And I'm the Security Chief on the ship. I need to ask you some questions. Are you up to talking?
Keeva thought about that for a few seconds. “If...if Dan and the Doc can stay?
I have no trouble with that,” Corp said, activating the record function on his comm. “First of, can you tell me your name?"
Keeva,” she replied automatically. “Keeva Storm. Daddy's Robert Storm the geologist.” She watched as the helmet moved down and up fractionally. “A few, um, months ago,” she continued, looking to Dan for support, “Daddy...Dad was taking me to the Praxia colony and we'd spent the first night there before getting to the site and...” She choked back a small sob. “When...when I woke up there were these people in the room saying... saying we were prisoners and... Daddy had tried to fight but they put a knife to my neck and...
It's al right,” Corp said with a twinge of consolation in his tone as she looked a little distressed. “You're quite safe now. I can imagine that was hard. Now I need to know more about the place you were held. What can you tell me about that?
I...” she sniffed. “I didn't see much of it,” she confessed. “They kept me indoors mostly."
Did they say anything,” Corp asked, “anything that may give us a clue to their location or who they were?
Keeva thought on that. “I... they said they were INSIGNIA. They kept saying that. I remember some of them saying it was really hot and... and one said they needed rain to fill the tower soon. They hardly fed me,” she added miserably.
Corp nodded. “Anything else?
They were keeping me so Daddy would work for them,” she said. “They often showed me to him on the video screen. But... but they were creating a digital me!” She took another draw on her drink.
Don't need to give an avatar any food or drink,” Corp grunted, crossing his arms. “So you figured your days were numbered. How'd you escape?
They...they'd drained the, um, arm completely but I managed to steal a small battery and used the emergency slot here...” She pulled her metal arm around and opened up a small slot in the side. “I miss the faux fur,” she said heavily. “It was enough to break the door and, um, the g...” She swallowed. “I snuck out and stole a vehicle and, um, got out."
The vehicle was ready for use?” Corp remarked with bone dry humour.
No, I can fix a lot of vehicles. Daddy insisted in case we needed it.” She blinked back tears. “I headed for the nearest city and port so... so I could get away. Then I fell asleep here and...and woke in the cargo bay.
I'd almost say that was a prepared story,” Corp said after she stopped.
Keeva glared at him, anger evident in her eyes. “You think I'd make that up?” she demanded, her artificial arm gripping the side of the bed and buckling it somewhat. “You really think...?
Stories can be prepared,” Corp interrupted. “Reactions like that? Not so much. I have some things to check out. For now, Ensign Lionheart is going to need to drain the power from the arm to a safe level. Ten to Fifteen percent. I'd advise you to stay here but, if you do wish to move about, either Lionheart or Vanderbilt here will go with you. The Captain may well have other questions for you later. Now I have to go and see if I can uncover any proof of what you've said. If so, we'll start ideas for rescuing your father. If you'll excuse me?” Corp stepped out of the office as Keeva took several deep, wet, breaths.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan kept a hopefully comforting stare as Keeva was questioned by Corp. Although he must admit he was un-nerved by Corp as much as anyone was..

After Corp had left, Dan slowly made his way over to Keeva's side. "Don't worry, I don't like that guy either.." He said honestly as he placed the battery on the floor beside the bed. "But, I gotta do as he says.." He added as he pulled out an extendo-cable from the battery and held it to the arm's port. "Hope this doesn't hurt.." he said under his breath, plugging it in. He then switched the battery to charge itself, taking the power from the arm..

---

Earnest had been searching the corridors for Dan, until he saw Corp coming out the medbay. He then confidently made his way over and stopped the Security chief on his path.

"Chief Davidstow! I must hold you for a second, I have to inquire why you were wanting to talk to my son.." He said justly, stepping in front of him.
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Our next subject, in comparison we know all too much about. The captain pressed a button and the picture changed to one of man that looked like a combination of Gordon Freeman and Doctor Insano, doing the stereotypical evil laugh pose. This is Mark "the toy maker" Decker. A man who self-identifies as a mad scientist and relishes it. He even has a blog where he talks vaguely about his upcoming projects and less vaguely about how to do villainous things properly. Apparently, the proper way to do a maniacal laugh is to start with a "mwa" followed by seven "ha's", then repeat that twice in raising volume, only replace the "mwa" with "ah." He's gained "the toy maker" as a nickname because he is obsessed with toys from the late 20th and early 21st century, and designs his inventions to look like them.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nothing to worry about, Ensign," Corp replied evenly. "Merely some small details I needed but didn't have. It seemed wasteful to bother both of you so I believed Dan would know the answers. And I was right. He's a credit to you." He made to pass. "Excuse me."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's not so bad if you do it," Keeva allowed, giving him a small smile against the butterflies she was feeling.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado stayed silent, shifting back and forth in his chair. He hated interrogations, he could deal with them, but he hated them. They caused nothing but discomfort. He watched as Corp left, shaking his head slightly. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. He means well, he's just harsh." Spinning around his chair he stared at the ceiling listen to the beeps coming from the battery.
Colorado's ears perked at what Keeva said, "Heheh. That's adorable." He said to himself, holding back some laughter. Stopping his spinning he turned and faced Keeva, leaning back in his chair and looking at her down the top of his muzzle, "So. Keeva, how do you feel? Any pain, slight discomforts?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Only from all my injuries, Doctor," Keeva replied. "and from no food."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Only from all my injuries, Doctor," Keeva replied. "and from no food."
"Ahh. Come with me then." He extends a paw toward her and stands up out of his chair, "I'll buy you lunch. Dan you are welcome to come along." He smiled a friendly smile
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Toys were always crap. Especially from those centuries. Dr. Rain remarked. Blitz abruptly shushed him.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nothing to worry about, Ensign," Corp replied evenly. "Merely some small details I needed but didn't have. It seemed wasteful to bother both of you so I believed Dan would know the answers. And I was right. He's a credit to you." He made to pass. "Excuse me."
Earnest stares into the visor for a moment, then steps aside to let him pass. "Fair enough, sorry to have stopped you like that.. I just look out for Dan, it's part of the job description.. Good day to you." He says simply, bowing his head slightly as if tipping a hat.

---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's not so bad if you do it," Keeva allowed, giving him a small smile against the butterflies she was feeling.
Dan smiled, blushing lightly. "T-thanks, heh.." He said nervously, looking up at her from the LCD display on the battery.
Deske wrote:"Heheh. That's adorable." He said to himself, holding back some laughter. Stopping his spinning he turned and faced Keeva, leaning back in his chair and looking at her down the top of his muzzle, "So. Keeva, how do you feel? Any pain, slight discomforts?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Only from all my injuries, Doctor," Keeva replied. "and from no food."
Deske wrote:"Ahh. Come with me then." He extends a paw toward her and stands up out of his chair, "I'll buy you lunch. Dan you are welcome to come along." He smiled a friendly smile
"Y-yeah, sure. Could do with some food.." Dan replied, watching the percentage on the battery turn to 100%. He then disconnected the cable and wound it back into the battery.
"There, all done. Mm.. I fancy chicken strips.."

(Edit: I noticed I put Earnest's speech in Dan's color. Changed to bold.)
Last edited by ~\Rook/~ on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva accepted the help off the bed and stood, doing her best to make sure her knees didn't go bandy. Everything hurt but, to one who'd been locked in a room for months, the chance to explore and eat something more than Porridge and bread was a strong impulse. She didn't even really mind the fact she was wearing mostly destroyed clothing. Indeed she'd forgotten. "I remember I used to like something... Tubes in cheese sauce. What was it called... Marscapone cheese?" She considered. "Something like that..." She offered the other hand, her artificial one, to Dan.
Corp swung into the security office and shut the door behind him before approaching the standing terminal in front of him. "Computer," he said, "Tie in to local systems. Research any stolen vehicles found in the vicinity of the space port in the last day. Research point of theft and search for stolen vehicles discovered in those locations shortly afterwards. Track patterns. Link into meteorological systems and identify areas particularly hit by droughts over the last three to six months." As the computer beeped it's acknowledgements, Corp started searching records for her Father from several years ago whilst recording and sending a message to the Captain's system regarding the stowaway. He added the recorded conversation with it..
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Trying and failing to stifle his growing laughter Colorado unlocked the door, "Do you mean, macaroni and cheese?" He smiled and led her outside. "Although there is such a thing as Mascarpone cheese. It's made in Italy." He thought back to the culinary course he took during school, "It's got kind of an interesting flavor I guess." He said while looking her up and down, eying her clothes, "You know, you really should get some new clothes...If you don't mind..." Colorado reached into his collar and pulled out a metallic card with his name, photo and designation etched into it, "Dad gave me a bit of spending money before I left. I don't think he'd disapprove if I used it to help someone else. So, how'bout it?"
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva accepted the help off the bed and stood, doing her best to make sure her knees didn't go bandy. Everything hurt but, to one who'd been locked in a room for months, the chance to explore and eat something more than Porridge and bread was a strong impulse. She didn't even really mind the fact she was wearing mostly destroyed clothing. Indeed she'd forgotten. "I remember I used to like something... Tubes in cheese sauce. What was it called... Marscapone cheese?" She considered. "Something like that..." She offered the other hand, her artificial one, to Dan.
Dan took Keeva's hand, smiling. "Ah I think you mean-" He stops as Colorado starts laughing.
Deske wrote:Trying and failing to stifle his growing laughter Colorado unlocked the door, "Do you mean, macaroni and cheese?" He smiled and led her outside. "Although there is such a thing as Mascarpone cheese. It's made in Italy." He thought back to the culinary course he took during school, "It's got kind of an interesting flavor I guess." He said while looking her up and down, eying her clothes, "You know, you really should get some new clothes...If you don't mind..." Colorado reached into his collar and pulled out a metallic card with his name, photo and designation etched into it, "Dad gave me a bit of spending money before I left. I don't think he'd disapprove if I used it to help someone else. So, how'bout it?"
Dan nods as Colorado corrects Keeva's mistake. "Yeah, Marscapone is used in Tiramisu.. My dad used to buy some for a treat.. I researched it once, trying to find out how to make it.." Dan then looks to Keeva's clothing too. "Yeah, maybe you do need some more clothes.. N-not that you don't look good or anything.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I do hope you're not laughing at me, Doctor?" Keeva said mischievously before hearing Dan speak and turning her attention to him. "Thank you," she said before giggling at the face he was making. After a while she seemed to realise it was herself giggling.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh don't worry. I am." He turns around to face the hallway, "So! What'll it be, food or clothing?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Keeva breezed, her tongue in her cheek as she walked between them, letting them support her and give her strength. "Let 'em stare. I've not eaten in days!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado started off in the direction of the food court, remembering it from the tour, "I don't actually know what anybody has to eat. I mean, I'm sure they'll have some macaroni and cheese or sandwiches or something." He shrugs and laces his fingers behind his head, "So what did you say you did before this? Did you have a job or something?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, not really," Keeva admitted. "Nothing, um, official but Daddy liked..." she took a breath. "LIKES to save money so I've learned how to repair a lot of vehicles!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"Repairs? What like? The simple stuff like wheels and transmissions or the hard stuff under the hood? " Dan asked, happy the conversation turned into something he was good at. "Because I used to fix quite a few military and civilian vehicles, including the ships that came in on the dock.. I know how to take apart then put back together the entire chassis of a half-track Jeep.. " He added enthusiastically, gesturing with his free hand.

---

After having talked with Corp, Earnest headed to the food court, thinking he would find and ask Dan about what Corp wanted after getting a bite to eat. He headed that direction and soon bumped into the group.

"Ah, Dan, I was looking for you.. I need to talk.." He said simply, looking at Keeva and Colorado. "..Who are your friends?"

Dan looked a little confused and flustered. "Ah, y-yeah.. T-This is Keeva, and that's Doctor Colorado. I was just erm.." He answered, rubbing the back of his head. "..Well, I-I was just helping the Doc move Keeva.. She.. Ah, how about we talk over some food? We were heading to the food court.."

Earnest overlooks the group, folding his arms. "Alright.. It's nice to meet you Keeva, Colorado. I'm Ensign Earnest Lionheart, Dan's guardian." He said, giving a short bow.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, nothing specialised," Keeva said happily as they went on their way. "a bit under the hood, a bit on top. Generally a sort of 'get us to the nearest garage rather than pay a call-out fee' sort of thing, you know?" She stopped smiling when they came across Ernest and almost looked worried. Of course she'd realised there would be humans here, on an Earth ship but this was the first she'd met since... She gripped Dan's hand a little tighter in her nerves. "H...hello, s...sir," she said hesitantly. "You...you gave him a good name," she added, trying to smile.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Computer," Corp said, "access professional databases and give me a read out on a Human geologist called Robert Storm. History, political affiliations, employment records. All that sort of thing. And deep scan for record irregularities as well."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh speedily went through the filing cabinets in the office. Many contained old schedules, timeplans and instructions for various security procedures. She sat down, picked up two piles marked 'past prisoner information' and 'potentially dangerous individuals' and starting reading.

After going through all the papers and storing the info in her datapad, Ash stood up and exited the office. "I wonder if the presentation is over..." she thought aloud.

The cat walked up the stairs and made her way to the theatre. Upon reaching the theatre doors, she heard talking and realised that the meeting wasn't over. Oh well, best not to interrupt the captain. But where could she go?
Just then, her stomach growled. "Right. I haven't eaten in a day. Now where can I get me some food..." Ash muttered as she pulled up a map of the ship from her tablet.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson