SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Deske »

Colorado stifled a laugh, "Your next republic mandated checkup has been rescheduled for this evening. We'll see who suffers." He claps Corp on the shoulder again, "Don't worry, my expert answer is that you will survive this with only a slight chance of minor brain damage."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"that and a deep depression that democracy chose this," Corp grumbled.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside the Squirrel family found the fabricator and Norris chose Andy to go in first. He also programmed the system to make the boy something half decent. T-shirt and shorts sort of thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp wanted a whisky. Triple.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Ryan, who was still cuffed to Corp. Spoke up, we'll whispered since it is a movie that is playing. "and what will happen to the innocent bystander that is at ached to him? I don't want to be in the cross fire here gentlemen." he made a small smile hoping that joking along like he did would have them like him a little.
----------------------------------------------------
Barry and Sam were both enjoying themselves and the humor in the movie. The commentary was classicly funny. Neither noticed Ryan or Corp. Though Barry thought he heard a voice that did sound like Ryans.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You're safe," Corp told Ryan as he used his visor to watch a ship that was annoyingly quiet - unlike the movie, which was noisy.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado leaned forward watching the movie, "How 'bout this, I'll make it up to you. After this is over, I'll take you to the bar for some drinks, whatever you want, on me. So, how about it?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Acceptable," Corp muttered, reckoning that he'd probably want to have been called to a bar after a movie this bad anyhow. Kids didn't belong on risky space missions, with or without space pills.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

He nudged Corp, "How much you think you're going to drink, I need to tell Ron how much to set aside. Drinking to forget or drinking for the flavor?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry started feeling tired. He excused himself, apologizing as he snuck past everyone. He thought it might be best to try and get some sleep before tomorrow. He also hoped that he wouldn't have a new surprise tomorrow. Since the last few days had been rather crazy. He half expected to be woken up in the middle of the night to a space squid attack. Or some other monster. Some sleep would help him be more alert for that.
He was hungry though, maybe the cafeteria was still open and he could get a snack.

Jim the chef had gone to bed, but the food replicator was still on. He ordered a soda and some fries. Sitting down, he started to reflect on the days activities and the past few months. His thoughts began to drift to his family. He missed his mother and sisters. Feeling bad now, he sat in silence. Eating his snack.
Last edited by Jacey on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A quart," Corp muttered as the cardboard cutouts flew through space.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After realigning sensors all day, Keeva had found herself back at the cafe, chewing on a toffee sundae. She'd seen the film before, with dad, and she didn't want to see it again without him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry noticed keeva walk in. She hadn't seem to noticedar him and she sat to far to make a casual conversation. He only remembered seeing her. But never had a friendly conversation.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado folded his arms across his chest and slumped down in his seat a bit, throwing up a live feed of the public Republic navigation charts onto his eye, half out of boredom half out of interest. "As much as I like movies, this is a bit dry. I just can't really bring myself to stay truly interested. What're you watching, Corp? He whispered across Ryan.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp smiled very slightly, expecting a trap. "Just the ship, Doctor," he whispered back, "and that's just as boring."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With no-one else about, Keeva decided to shift tables and took the opposite corner of Barry's table. "Quiet night?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan entered the cafeteria, smiling as he saw Keeva, he made his way over and leaned onto the table in front of her. "Hey, there you are, been looking for you! Di- Oh, hi Barry!" He said, noticing Barry then taking a seat. "Anyway, did you get my message about the movie? The fact that it actually doesn't use a projector since it's a hi-tech digital replication?" He asked turning back to Keeva, leaning an elbow onto the table.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Keeva agreed, "It removed a good reason for going to see it." She grinned.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado chuckled and looked over at Corp, "I can't say that I'm any different. I'm watching the Republic flight plans overlayed on the galaxy map and as fun as it is watching various ships and their flight paths, it's still rather dry." He says, flipping over to the ships external cameras, "You know, I never get tired of looking at the planets or stars."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

A Rabbit in front turned around to shush them. It dried on his lips as he saw who he was talking to.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado gave the rabbit a very nice, military-born "death-glare"; drilling metaphorical holes in the rabbits head.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp decided to do his best to be quiet. For Ryan's sake. He might be watching the film and people in the audience talking over it might affect his enjoyment of a film where people in the audience talked over the film.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado took that cue however and stayed quiet for the rest of the film, switching between watching the movie and watching other videos.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry looked up and smiled, "Oh, hey. Yeah, it's been quiet. Barry said as Dan walked in. "hello, dan.. I think." he had forgotten both of their names. And both seemed more interested in each other that he didn't bother to ask. He went back to being lost in thought. Mostly on if space squids existed. Not on alien planets but the kind living and moving around in space, would they be massive? Could you actually call them a squid?
It dawned on him that such thoughts might be a sign that he needed sleep, that or the space squids were telepathic. Both seemed logical.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan lowered in his seat, slightly embarassed. He leaned over to whisper "If you want to go that's fine. You are in charge anyway." he was enjoying himself. But was feeling uncomfortable and more of a bother to Corp. He didn't want to be a inconvenience. Which he did feel like with his and Colorado talking.
----------------------------------------------------
Sam however was having a blast. He loved these kinds of movies and was laughing hysterically at many of the jokes. He didn't even notice Barry had left.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You're... Barrett, aren't you," Keeva asked Barry. "Think someone mentioned your name earlier, in the docking bay."
------------------------------------------------------
"I said all I need," Corp whispered to Ryan. "My quiet time begins now."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Keeva agreed, "It removed a good reason for going to see it." She grinned.
"Yeah.. Kind of a good thing too, I got told you were off fixing.. Sensors?" Dan asked openly, rubbing his chin as he spoke.
Autumn_Red_Panda wrote:Barry looked up and smiled, "Oh, hey. Yeah, it's been quiet. Barry said as Dan walked in. "Hello, Dan.. I think?"
Dan smiled and wagged his tail lightly. "Yup, got it in one." He said simply.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You're... Barrett, aren't you," Keeva asked Barry. "Think someone mentioned your name earlier, in the docking bay."
"It's Barry, Keeva." Dan said simply, noting the mistake. "Oh, while I'm here, let me go get something from the replicator, be right back." And with that he left the table, heading for the serving area..
Character Reference
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sylvester and Zoroaster continued to stand at the back of the theater near the entrance, neither one of them really wanted to sit down and get stuck there if this is how the movie was going to be. "So is being a medic so up an down like this?" Zoroaster made sure to keep his voice down. "Pretty much, yes. So learn to enjoy the quiet times." He managed to keep his voice down too but couldn't hold back a small chuckle. Zoroaster nodded an they both continued to watch the movie.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry nodded, "Yes, it's Barry, nice to meet you Keeva." He ate more of the fries, finishing them he stood up "Nice to meet you both again, have a nice evening." He was tired and wanted to sleep some. After putting his dishes away, he made his way to his bed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan was starting to enjoy himself, the popcorn wasn't the best, but usually theater popcorn never was. The movie was fun to watch when there were others laughing, the one chocolate lab in the middle row really did seem to like this movie. He never seemed to stop laughing.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After spending some time in the gym and feeling much better for the workout, Conall returns to his room with Dabry and then showers as Dabry takes Cailean to get some new clothes. Once they're cleaned, clothed and brushed the dogs head for the movie. Conall is given a set of glasses which show him subtitles without obstructing the other viewers' view of the film. The brothers watch in silence for a while, sitting next to Dabry and eating popcorn, a food they never thought they'd see again whilst with Insignia. They find that it's not their style of humour and many of the references go over their heads. After exchanging a few signs and mutually agreeing to try to watch the whole movie so as not to disturb the other crewpeople the lads settle back comfortably into their chairs. It's not long until the comfortable seats, the warmth of the heating and their full bellies combine to lull them into a deep sleep. Although Cailean remains relatively upright whilst slouched in his seat, Conall tips slowly sideways until his head is resting on Dabry's shoulder and the cat may just feel his arm vibrating slightly as the border collie snores gently.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan came back to the table with a pack of cinnamon dog-biscuits as Barry left. "Well, that was a short group conversation.." He said as he sat and watched Barry walk out the door. He then turns back to Keeva with a smile. "Anyway, since the film's a bust, we should try to find something to entertain ourselves.."

and with that, he tossed a biscuit into the air and it drops onto his face. "Ow.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva laughed. "Not sure I want to spend it with you in the medbay, Dan." She hummed. "Isn't there supposed to be one of those new hologram rooms on this lady?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp used the mental text facility to send a security team down to stop a problem in the bar before it started and accidentally sent the message 'How much longer is this drivel going on for' to the same team. he sent an 'ignore last' message and took a bit of Ryan's popcorn. Well, he'd eaten a load of it and hadn't keeled over.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan rubbed his face where the biscuit landed whilst biting into said biscuit. "Yesh, there ish one on heer.." He swallowed before he continued. "And it would be free right now.. Sounds like a plan, but I think we'd have to ask permission.." He tapped his chin with the rest of the dog biscuit in thought..
Character Reference
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva laughed. "Not sure I want to spend it with you in the medbay, Dan." She hummed. "Isn't there supposed to be one of those new hologram rooms on this lady?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp used the mental text facility to send a security team down to stop a problem in the bar before it started and accidentally sent the message 'How much longer is this drivel going on for' to the same team. he sent an 'ignore last' message and took a bit of Ryan's popcorn. Well, he'd eaten a load of it and hadn't keeled over.
Mayotte had been watching one of his own personal favorite movies in his own living quarters. Once he saw and alert he stopped to wonder if anyone else was not at he movie to deal with the problem. Seeing Barry still had his communicator on he sent out a message to him "Mind taking a break from saving the world and handle this problem before it gets out of hand?"
Barry stared at the communicator, he was thinking of letting someone else do it, but he was pretty close to the bar anyway.

When he arrived he saw a cat and a dog arguing, the rest of the security team arrived right after him. Barry and another security member he had not yet met. Went over to try and calm the situation before anything got worse.
"You don't give me any respect!"
"And why should I? You have never shown me any!"
The two were raising voices and the cat was about to smash his hand down and break one of the plates, Barry caught the cats paw before it could hit, the other guard held back the dog, "Hey! Lets just calm down now okay? before we have a problem on our hands."
"It's already a problem he.."
"I said cool it! Or else!" Barry cut the cat off, then turned him around and began to lead him outside of the bar. "Let's talk out here, I will write a statement, and then we will see what needs to be done with you." He signaled to a security member that was with Mayottes group when insignia first attacked. Maxwell was his name, Both him and Barry, talked to the cat to get his side, and let Maxwell deal with two. Telling him to let Mayotte or the Chief know that the situation was handled.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We'd need permission," Keeva said before grinning, "to go into a fairground sim and fix a few problems? As, y'know, engineers?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Judging by the outlines in the darkness, the film was popular with even the Captain visually chuckling once or twice. Corp couldn't care what he was missing. He flicked to the Security Manual pages on his visor and began speed reading. He was hoping to beat his record of fourteen minutes for the section on close quarters and ship to ship combat. Fifteen minutes for twenty five pages.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy led the way through the ship, not wanting to let his parents know he didn't have a clue where he was going. The smell of food drifted him through the cafeteria doors. ""Ooh," he said, looking around.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In his sleep, Conall whimpers quietly a few times. Shifting slightly, he knocks his drink into Dabry's lap and then suddenly yelps loudly and sits bolt upright with a jolt, his body jerking and his elbow whacking Dabry as he does so. Panting, he stares around, disoriented for a few moments, especially with the words he can see floating in front of his eyes. It takes him a while to realise where he is and that he's safe.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ow," said Dabry, rubbing his muzzle. "Not enthralled by the film?" He wrote it down on the pad and showed its glowing screen to Conall.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We'd need permission," Keeva said before grinning, "to go into a fairground sim and fix a few problems? As, y'know, engineers?"
Dan smiled and nodded, enjoying the idea. He started a call up to his dad. "Hi dad! What? It's a free period.. Oh, sorry.. Yeah, okay.. Look, dad I- Yes I know.. Can I- *sigh* Dad. Can me and Keeva use the holodeck? ... Yes. Thank you.." He ends the call. "We got it, three hours tops."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva finished her food and stood up, offering her arm. "Shall we away, my sweet?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan tried throwing a biscuit into his mouth again, hitting him square in the nose. "Ow, yeah, before I embarrass myself further.." He said, standing up and rubbing his nose.

He took the proffered arm and led the way toward the holodeck..
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Embarrassed, Conall takes the pad and writes his answer. The pad takes slightly longer than normal to recognise the pawwriting and it's clear enough in the light of the screen that Conall's paw is shaking along with the rest of the dog.
"Sorry, I... I had a bad dream. A nightmare, really... I... I was back in the torture chamber, tied down. I couldn't move. They... They..." The dog can't bring himself to recount again his dream, the same dream he'd had earlier that day, of the terrible pain inflicted upon him by Insignia, and of the destruction of his family.
"Sorry. It's... It's silly really. I know I'm safe now..." Handing the pad back, he wipes away a tear with his free paw, hoping Dabry won't notice in the dark.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Also hoping no-one saw, Dabry reached around and gave Conall a one-armed hug for reassurance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When they reached the holodeck, Keeva opened the door and they entered into an English fun fair. The sounds of summer filled the air, with birds in the trees and small groups of children running and laughing with their friends and families almost over the tin can tunes of the stalls. In the distance they could see the rollercoaster wending its way around its marquee and poking out over the tops of the game tents and dodgems and the spooky sounds of the ghost train wailed against the summer sun. "Where do you want to start," she asked Dan happily.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan looked around wide-eyed, he'd seen fairs on TV but never had actually been to one. "This is so cool.." He murmured to himself before turning to his feline companion. "Hmm, well.. I think we should- Tag!" He quickly tapped Keeva on the shoulder then ran toward the fair stalls, laughing as he went.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva laughed as Dan sped off and gave him three seconds head start. Of course she had nowhere near his muscletone now but darned if that was going to slow her down. She took off after him, swerving and dodging holopatrons as she went searching for her guy. She reached where she'd seen him and he wasn't there. She took in a breath of cotton candy and light and summer honey and started off where her nose was leading her. She hit something and bounced back onto her bottom. She looked up.

She looked at a large, Grey, wolf that seemed to be between her and the sun as he leaned over towards her, reaching down for her... "My apologies if I got in your way," he said in an upper class tone as he helped her up. "I am Silverwolf. It is usually my job to greet visitors to our..." He paused as a human child pushed past him and giggled. "Mind your manners, boy, this is a lady! Anyway, as I was saying I tend to greet newcomers here but we have had so few recently that I had... wandered off. I do apologize."
"No... No problem," Keeva said, a little weirded out.
"I also tend to recommend rides to suit the guests," Silverwolf said, his sharp tone belying his soft words. "May I suggest, if you recover your paramour, the tunnel of love is an excellent venue for things that may pass that children need not see?" With that, the Wolf, the politest Keeva had ever met, headed off to deal with a small matter and Keeva wondered for a moment about the scar on his left eye ridge. It seemed like an odd thing to put in. Then she saw Dan and bolted after him, thinking of the tunnel.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan kept running, looking at all the stalls and patrons that he passed, smiling widely. This is amazing! There's so much here! I don't even know what to do first! He thought as he dodged round a few people before stopping to catch a breath. Whew.. Let Keeva catch up then choose something to do.. He looked up to see he had stopped in front of the Tunnel of love. Huh.. Never seen one of these.. He looked to the line to see it was mostly couples, holding hands and smiling at each other. Well, seems popular.. He stood near the line and waited for Keeva..
Character Reference