SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Civilization »

"Okay." Zoroaster continued to try and run faster, though hearing that Colorado goes faster was disheartening, "Yeah... Sorry... Thanks."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Asriel Dreemurr. Son of Asgore and Toriel Dreemurr. Had a little sister named Chara who was killed for crimes against humanity (which really is an outdated name). Liz smiled a sad little smile. I view taking care of my people very seriously. That's why it seriously hurts when something like this happens. She sighed, like she'd been doing a lot lately. Do you remember the last time a crew member of this ship was killed by a crew mate? She interrupted him before he could answer. Rhetorical question. It hasn't happened until now. They've been killed by Insignia attacks, pirate attacks, and last years mutant sea horse attack, but never by another crewman.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado picked up his pace a bit, there was time to chat but it was also time to work, "Don't forget, it's harder to run in these suits. The skin tight ones are better, but I find the looser ones a little more stylish. I mean come on, I look go-oo-ood in these colors. Blue and green really suits my natural black and white." He jokes to Zoroaster, "The suits do come in custom colors so don't worry." Soon enough, he arrived at the medical bay, sprawling Sam out on another table on the side of the room.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Zoroaster was able to keep up, though he could only listen to Colorado. He just smiles and nods at his joke, taking another quick breather as he entered the medical bay behind him.

Sylvester made sure to prep everything needed for another worse case poisoning scenario. "Please tell me this one is doing better."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado shook his head, "Nah, he didn't get as much as Purvis. Inject the entire syringe of paralytic compound into the jugular. I don't know exactly how much he got, but a simple stun dart won't stop the spasms, though it probably saved his life." He stuck a vial into a needle gun and pressed it to Sam's arm, pulling the trigger and drawing a sample. "30 microliters of TSG added to an IV drip of mixed sterile iron-enriched blood type... Uh, fridge 1, shelf 4, Bag will say 'DEA 1.1 Neg, FE-En' on it." He grabs a sheet of paper and pens in a few details, looking at the clock and scribbling in a time, adding it to a couple of automatically printed papers, "I know it's old fashioned but deaths require a written form and a hard copy stored. They get scanned, blah blah, you know the drill. I gotta get these to Corp. Sylvester, you and Doris know what to do. Take care of him." He walks out the door, papers in a folder and under his arm.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you," Corp said to the boys and Dabry, "the evidence will help." He tossed Dabry a credit chit. "Buy them a drink and chips at the bar, then help them fill out the application forms."
Dabry nodded and gestured to the door and indicated a drink by lifting his hand to his mouth.

Corp waited for a moment before talking again. "Nothing can be said to take away the pain of the moment, Captain," he said bitterly, "but you should write a document on it and how you cope - as you will. Partly for yourself and..." He sighed. "The ship's a sealed system, a 'tin can' if you will. We've got hundreds of Tin Cans out there and, if it can happen here, it can surely happen there. It may well HAVE happened there but no-one tells. It's human nature to believe yourself weak over something you had no control over and to deny the strength there is is knowing you're not alone. And don't forget to give Lewis a bearhug. Oh, and thank you for not even mentioning the word 'investigator' in all this." He tried to give her a smile. It didn't quite work.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank ye, sir!" Cailean salutes before exiting the room with his brother, shutting the door behind them. Outside, the boys change out of their forensic gear, putting gloves, shoe covers, overalls and masks into a bin before following Dabry towards the bar, Conall adjusting his bunnet and pulling on the signing gloves to test them as he goes.
Cailean translates what had happened in the room for Conall and then Conall presses the stud on the gloves.
"Sae... What application forms was th' chief talkin' aboot?" he asks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

As Barry left the medical bay and went down the hall, he heard Colorado and the new doctor running by again, this time with a chocolate lab being carried in. it didn't occur to him who it was until he realized it was Sam. "Oh no!" Barrry shouted and followed them back.

"What happened! Who did this?!"He shouted.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado gave a friendly hello to the two Scotsmen as he passed them on the way to Corps office. Nothing much, but enough to not seem rude. Upon his arrival to Corps office he reaches to knock but hesitates slightly hearing a second voices he identified as the Captain. A few seconds of silent deliberations and he knocked on the door.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, just the official forms for joining the ship. You know the bureaucracy, right," Dabry said, leading the way to the bar now the cafe was understaffed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Our friendly killer," Doris breezed. "He's caught. Sam'll be OK from these readings."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This time Corp decided to allow the Captain the pleasure of saying enter.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I know, it just hurts when something like this happens. It means I can't protect everyone, and I have trouble accepting that. She raised her head as someone knocked. You may enter.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado stepped inside, lightly tossing the folder on his desk. It landed with a stiff slap. "Death records, signed medical records, etc. S'all I'm here for." He turned to go, looking up at the Captain and stopping for a second, thinking of saying something, his mouth hanging open slightly. But, he simply closed it with a sigh, not the place nor time for words of encouragement; and with that he left.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Deske wrote:Colorado shook his head, "Nah, he didn't get as much as Purvis. Inject the entire syringe of paralytic compound into the jugular. I don't know exactly how much he got, but a simple stun dart won't stop the spasms, though it probably saved his life." He stuck a vial into a needle gun and pressed it to Sam's arm, pulling the trigger and drawing a sample. "30 microliters of TSG added to an IV drip of mixed sterile iron-enriched blood type... Uh, fridge 1, shelf 4, Bag will say 'DEA 1.1 Neg, FE-En' on it." He grabs a sheet of paper and pens in a few details, looking at the clock and scribbling in a time, adding it to a couple of automatically printed papers, "I know it's old fashioned but deaths require a written form and a hard copy stored. They get scanned, blah blah, you know the drill. I gotta get these to Corp. Sylvester, you and Doris know what to do. Take care of him." He walks out the door, papers in a folder and under his arm.
Sylvester nodded and made his way over to the fridge, pulling out the correct bag and IV solution. Quickly setting everything else needed up he made his way back over to Sam and injected him with the IV mix solution. He made sure the connection was secure, and looked over at Barry, "Doris is right, he'll be fine." With that he looked over at Doris, "Is that paralyzing agent ready to go?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That was curt and correct by the Doctor," Corp said, looking over the notes. "I'm not sure I like him like that." He huffed. "It's a tough day all around. Would you like me to handle the family calls?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Doctor," Dorothy said, "if it were any readier, it'd be doing a jig!" She readied the agent for use.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Doctor," Dorothy said, "if it were any readier, it'd be doing a jig!" She readied the agent for use.
Sylvester smiled, "Good." He walked over to her waiting for her to finish making sure everything was ready before giving it to Sam, "There, that should have with his spasms at least." He said when he finished with that part of the process.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good, for Sam that is. Thank you, you three. I'm glad he is going to be okay. Now I need to go have a chat with a certain killer." Barry turned and left, but stopped to say one last thing "And don't worry. I'm not going to hurt him, just scare him a little. " Barry gave a rather wicked looking smile before leaving to the interrogation room to talk with the culprit.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, just the official forms for joining the ship. You know the bureaucracy, right," Dabry said, leading the way to the bar now the cafe was understaffed.
"Och, aye! 'Tis tae be expected wi' a family like oors. We're- Well... We were involved in politics..." Cailean's face falls as he remembers his slain family again.
"Fer a moment there Ah'd nearly forgotten th' rest o' oor family... What drinks can we get at this bar, Dabry? Ah think Ah need a strong one..."
Fortunately Conall hasn't been watching his bunnet screen, distracted instead by examining the construction of the gloves on his paws, so he doesn't realise what his brother and his friend have been talking about.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Legal age means you guys can't buy alcohol," Dabry reminded Cailiean. "Means I'll have to buy the... Glayva? Drambuie? All the spirits are there," Dabry said with a grin.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah prefer mah whiskey straight." Cailean replies. "And Ah'll wager - well, if Ah had money Ah'd wager we're older than ye. Still, Ah'll tak that as a compliment that we're agein' well."
"Ye ken," Conall's gloves say, the bigger dog not having been aware of the conversation to this point, "We hae two Scotsmen and an Irishman walkin' intae a bar. All we need is an Englishman and we'll hae some kind o' joke."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I'd like that Corp. I'm not sure I could handle doing it right now. Liz stood up. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go stress eat. She exited her office and headed down to one of the ships bars. Upon entering, she spotted Dabry and the brothers, and decided to sit by them. Well, I speak English, and I was born in London. Does that make me count?

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Dabry said, exising the one joke from his mind as he heard the Captain, "I'm sure no-one knows any jokes like that, Captain!" He ordered three large Mountain Parks ((Other made up Scotch names are available at the bar)) and walked to the table next to hers. "A Scot, an Irish and a Welsh border Collie walk into a bar... The medbay minor incidents robot works overtime."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Conall's eyes turn skywards as he reads the captain's words on the screen in his bunnet.
"Aye, ye'll dae." his gloves say. "Naow we just need a punchline."
As the captain sits, Cailean stands and salutes and Conall also salutes, not having sat yet. Both dogs giggle at Dabry's joke but hold their salutes respectfully.
"Ah didnae get a chance tae say properly before but thank ye vey much fer allowin' us tae stay on and join th' crew, Cap'n. It means a lot tae both o' us."
Conall nods, reading his brother's words on his screen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Mayotte called Barry on the communicator "With Sam out of commission go ahead and get the rest of the day off, I didn't plan for you two to do much after your initial job today and since you both are injured you both need the rest. Oh and stay out of the interrogation room if you like your job, I read your file Barry."
Barry stopped mid stride "But he-"
"No, I will take care of him myself"
Barry grumbled something under his breath before going the opposite direction, lost in thought he wandered the halls until he got to the security room, once clocked out he wandered again, worried about sam. He eventually made his way to the same bar as the Captain, Dabry, Conall and Cailean. "Might as well stop here, where ever here is" He thought, by the time he sat down he noticed that it was a bar. Seeing the captain he aimed to not do anything stupid, maybe just pass out if he had to much.
"Good evening everyone" He said ordering a drink and letting his mind wander for a while. To everyone else he would look depressed, sad and upset.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado arrived back in the medbay after a short walk from the security office. "How's he doing? I would hope he's doing better."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Deske wrote:Colorado arrived back in the medbay after a short walk from the security office. "How's he doing? I would hope he's doing better."
Sylvester looked at the two they had on the tables, "He is doing better. Though we're probably going to have to watch him to keep it that way." He looked at the previous patient, "Suppose we should continue too."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Uh, sure." He grabs a needle and takes a blood sample. "First we'll see what it looks like in action." He grabs a small slide and puts a small drop of blood on it, "Who wants to donate some of their blood for an uneffected group."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll donate, Doctor," Doris said, wheeling herself around. "Unless you think I've donated enough, of course."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp turned the vidmonitor off and slowly lowered the helmet back into place. Two families who now needed to work out who got the grand-child. The three year old they'd left with his parents because they didn't think a ship was the right place. They'd signed to be on for six months. Gone forever. lovely day. They'd needed to see his eyes. They'd needed to see the truth in them, the hurt. The 'never again on my watch' look. He paged their local bereavement councillors. They could help. Especially the Husbands' mother. She'd pratically collapsed on vid.

Back to duty, he told himself. He re-engaged his comm and headed out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you know any jokes, Captain?" Dabry asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

What's wrong Darby? Afraid to tell a dirty joke when the captains around? I've heard and told my fair share. Liz smiled, though a perceptive observer would be able to tell it was forced. I remember plenty, but I'm not in the mood to share them. She waved down a waiter. One Sprite Zero, and a chicken club wrap.

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sylvester looked at Doris, then at Colorado, "We're all-"
"I'll do it." Zoroaster finally decided to speak up after catching his breath. "Least I can do."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Psh. You're new. There's no shame in not knowing everything." He reached into the same drawer and withdrew a needle, disinfecting it, "You really should stop thinking so low of yourself. Everyone was new at one point and the only reason any of us know anything is because we've been doing it for a while. This goes in the neck so it may or may not hurt more. Ready?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry had ordered a soda and was mainly drinking that, but when he heard the captain ordering a meal he realized that he was actually hungry. He ordered a chicken sandwich and turned to the captain "Hello Captain Walker, I was lost in thought earlier or I would have said hello sooner. So um hello there, and hello Dabry, Conall and Cailean"
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Taking the unspoken cue from the captain, the lads seat themselves and settle down to enjoy their drinks. They both greet Barry, one verbally and one by sign, and then thank the waiter as their bowls of hot chips (fries) arrive. They come salted and Conall adds a dash of pepper to his but Cailean prefers the plain salt already on them. Sensing the captain's mood (Cailean still doesn't know how dogs are so attuned to humans and it freaks him out a little), Cailean decides no to press the jokes. Instead he offers her a chip (fry) from his bowl.
"It's been a hard day fer ye, Cap'n, Ah ken... Is there anythin' we can dae tae help ye oot?"

Deciding to give the captain a bit of privacy to talk to Cailean, Conall demonstrates the gloves for Barry.
"... Sae Ah'm plannin' tae make mah own pair which'll fit better. Ah'll connect them tae mah bunnet an' tae th' comms system an' Ah'll be able tae see when people need me an' respond wi' an audio signal just like most other people dae wi' their microphones. Sae, what dae ye think? Ah just daen't ken whether or nae Ah can buy th' parts on th' ship."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Deske wrote:"Psh. You're new. There's no shame in not knowing everything." He reached into the same drawer and withdrew a needle, disinfecting it, "You really should stop thinking so low of yourself. Everyone was new at one point and the only reason any of us know anything is because we've been doing it for a while. This goes in the neck so it may or may not hurt more. Ready?"
Sylvester looked at Zoroaster, "He's right, you are just here to learn."
Zoroaster smiled weakly looking down and shook his head, "Yeah." He looked up at Colorado, "I'm ready."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dabry greeted everyone and frank his drink, wondering if he should have asked for the splash of water that always irritated bartenders.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado stopped and turned to Sylvester, "What do you mean by that? There's book learning and there's hands on experience. And to me, it sounds as if he doesn't get any hands on and I don't think I've been helping with that." He turn the needle gun around in his paw and held it out handle first to Zoroaster and pointed to a spot on his own neck, "Put it over this area and pull the trigger until it's full. Then pull the vial off, it auto seals so you don't need to worry about spilling."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Yes, there is a lot of book learning. That's why I wanted to get Zoroaster out here, to get hands on learning, but it's still learning none the less. And this is your medbay, not mine, so while I'm the unofficial teacher, it all has to go through you." Sylvester shook his head this time, "And I've spent too long just teaching from what is expected to be taught in training."

Zoroaster stood there, nodding when Colorado told him what to do. He took the needle gun and pointed it at the spot on his neck above the suit neck line. He clenched his other paw as he took the injected the needle and got the blood. Once he finished up he smiled, "There." He handed the vial and needle gun back to Colorado.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Taking the unspoken cue from the captain, the lads seat themselves and settle down to enjoy their drinks. They both greet Barry, one verbally and one by sign, and then thank the waiter as their bowls of hot chips (fries) arrive. They come salted and Conall adds a dash of pepper to his but Cailean prefers the plain salt already on them. Sensing the captain's mood (Cailean still doesn't know how dogs are so attuned to humans and it freaks him out a little), Cailean decides no to press the jokes. Instead he offers her a chip (fry) from his bowl.
"It's been a hard day fer ye, Cap'n, Ah ken... Is there anythin' we can dae tae help ye oot?"

Deciding to give the captain a bit of privacy to talk to Cailean, Conall demonstrates the gloves for Barry.
"... Sae Ah'm plannin' tae make mah own pair which'll fit better. Ah'll connect them tae mah bunnet an' tae th' comms system an' Ah'll be able tae see when people need me an' respond wi' an audio signal just like most other people dae wi' their microphones. Sae, what dae ye think? Ah just daen't ken whether or nae Ah can buy th' parts on th' ship."
Barry smiled, amused and happy to see the tech and to see Conall being happy to use it. "That is very awesome". He signed, "I am sure that when you are part of the crew you can get paid and can afford the parts, honestly I forgot that technology was ever made. I hardly saw their use on the moon." He took a drink of his soda and continued "Are you enjoying them then?"
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Och, aye, it's been aroond fer years! Ah suppose deaf people tae use it on are nae sae common though. Ah must admit Ah never thought tae make one fer mahsel' though. These gloves were given me by Lieutenant Karl. Ah'm nae sure yet what Ah think. Ah love th' concept but these glovs are tae big fer me tae use effctively. And Ah've nae wye ta tell haow th' sound works mahsel'. Ah need someone tae help wi' that. Plus it would be guid tae put some o' mah own signs in th' programmin'. Cailean and Ah almost hae oor own dialect o' sign that only us ken."

Cailean sips his drink quietly as he waits for the captain to respond.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dabry hunted down something for food. He selected a packet of Wasabi nuts and a pint of Ginger beer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Fantastic!" He clapped, but instead of taking the vial he handed Zoroaster yet another needle, like he has some endless supply or something. "Place a drop on the slide and start up the imager." He turned to Sylvester while Zoroaster was busy, "I don't know if I said this already, but I have absolutely no problem with 'stepping out of rank' or whatever they called it, insubordination, that's it. If you have a problem, please tell me. You don't need to wait for permission or any of that nonsense. Communication is far more important than chain of command in this profession."