SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz sighed, for the bazillionth time that day. You dogs can always tell how we humans are feeling. She frowned, also for the bazillionth time that day. I wonder if Insignia's tried using that in interrogations. She shook her head. Unless you can go back in time and warn me about that TRAITOR, then I think the only thing you can do is keep me company.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Deske wrote:"Fantastic!" He clapped, but instead of taking the vial he handed Zoroaster yet another needle, like he has some endless supply or something. "Place a drop on the slide and start up the imager."
"Oh, okay." Zoroaster took the needle and went to work on what Colorado had told him to do.
Deske wrote:He turned to Sylvester while Zoroaster was busy, "I don't know if I said this already, but I have absolutely no problem with 'stepping out of rank' or whatever they called it, insubordination, that's it. If you have a problem, please tell me. You don't need to wait for permission or any of that nonsense. Communication is far more important than chain of command in this profession."
"Yes, you did say that." Sylvester nodded, "No problem. Will work on that." He looked at Colorado, "Figured you would be the type to want to work on your own."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

He shrugged, "You adapt to what's happening. I can't do everything all the time all at once. Plus people need to learn and people need to work." He turned a holographic screen "on" and leaned back against the counter, waiting for things to warm up.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Barry took a bite of his sandwich, "Would it be wise though, if you and your brothers special dialect could be heard by others? Wouldn't that defeat it's purpose? he signed, "But still, I wouldn't mind helping out listening and being your test subject. Just ask sometime, though maybe not today, I need time to think tonight, and to visit a friend, which, once he recovers. I'm sure he would love to help as well. He knows more about this tech stuff than I probably do" his eyes got teary and his ears lowered a little from thinking about Sam.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So what can be done to cheer things up," Dabry wondered. He took a large swallow of beer after trying the wasabi nuts for the first time. He coughed. "I mean, we mostly <kaff> seem to need it."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"True enough." Sylvester stood there and looked at the screen as they waited. Zoroaster did everything that he was suppose to do while they were talking. When he finally finished he turned around and looked at Colorado and Sylvester, "There?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Tha's true... And if Ah signed tae him via comms then it'd come as words anywye sae there'd be nae point. Guid point. Thanks... Are ye okay? Ah can see yer friend means a lot tae ye. Ah hope he recovers quickly frae whatever ails him."

Cailean pats the captain's hand.
"Ah wish Ah cuid undae what's been done but Ah cannae dae tha'. No one can. Sae it's best tae nae wish it. An' this isnae yer fault, okay? Ye cuidnae hae done anythin' aboot it sae dinna fret yersel', cap'n. Th' only one at fault is th' murderer an' wi' th' evidence we've found Ah'm sure he'll be caught quickly. There's only sae many places tae hide on a ship. But Ah'll keep ye company as long as yer need it." Cailean squeezes the captain's hand in what he hopes is a reassuring manner.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

.....So you don't know. Liz said, her head lowered. I'm rather surprised, seeing as how the entire ship knew the EXACT details of the murder before I even knew there was one. She sighed, in what was becoming a pattern. It was Kavan. He was an agent for Insignia. He tricked the husbands mistress into murdering him and the wife. When we confronted him, he tried to take out a guy called Sam, but we stopped him before he could. Her meal arrived and she picked up the wrap. When I get really upset or distressed, I eat to make myself feel better. She took a big bite out of the wrap, and gave some sort of grumble-moan of satisfaction. I love this bars chicken club wrap. Chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo, wrapped up and served with a pickle and a side of chips. Liz paused. Oh, wait, you're Irish. I think you call them "crisps."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado places a small droplet of the other taken blood sample on the tray and watches the screen. He points out what it looks like on a molecular level, how the iron has chemicals added to it, changing its properties and rendering it useless for oxygen transfer. Under false color, of course.

------

*Elsewhere*
"It was that Kavan person or whatever. Never thought they'd get so close to all of us." The retriever took a sip from his mug and stared into the vast endless sea of stars.
"You think you know a guy..." A matching retriever sits next to him.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Tha's true... And if Ah signed tae him via comms then it'd come as words anywye sae there'd be nae point. Guid point. Thanks... Are ye okay? Ah can see yer friend means a lot tae ye. Ah hope he recovers quickly frae whatever ails him."

Cailean pats the captain's hand.
"Ah wish Ah cuid undae what's been done but Ah cannae dae tha'. No one can. Sae it's best tae nae wish it. An' this isnae yer fault, okay? Ye cuidnae hae done anythin' aboot it sae dinna fret yersel', cap'n. Th' only one at fault is th' murderer an' wi' th' evidence we've found Ah'm sure he'll be caught quickly. There's only sae many places tae hide on a ship. But Ah'll keep ye company as long as yer need it." Cailean squeezes the captain's hand in what he hopes is a reassuring manner.
Barry sighs and lowers his ears and tail, "I don't know, I never been worried about someone like this in a while." He rubbed his paw, he had not signed in a long time and was not used to it. "I mean, I have seen teammates get hurt, it was part of the job. I don't know whats so special about this friend that I felt worry for him. But thank you, I hope he recovers quickly as well"
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Finally, Corp thought as he looked out onto the stars, it has arrived. After all the panic and anger and violence the quiet moment is here. The moment of contemplation and reflection. Was there something I could have done better? Something I should have enacted faster? Where were my failings and where my successes? have I finally put a lid on the attack on me or have I just knocked the lid on the can of worms? Above all, as I look on the expanse, where do things go from here? His comm crackled and he knew where he was going immediately. Patrol route B beckoned. Past the bridge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva allowed her thoughts to drift past her father for fifteen minutes as she used her wrench to free a trapped nut under the wing of one of the Haven's shuttles. It plopped free into her normal hand and cracked in two before she put it in a bag and replaced it with a fresh one. Space wear and tear killed more nuts than combat does, she reminded herself before moving on to the next one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doris watched and moved as instructed as the sinking feeling in her guy got her used to being a prisoner to two wheels. Her family was free but did she want them back on land? Her husband could get a new job in the click of fingers but she couldn't. Her knowledge was out of date and, even if she brought herself back up to date here, the certificates would never show that. Her best chance to get back into work was here, on this ship. Where people could see she knew the job. But.... could she ask her family to be here? it was safer than the mines but it was by no means safe. The rabbit on the table showed that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dabry looked flushed and coughed as he wished, he really wished, that he'd not just swallowed a handful of Wasabi nuts.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado watched Doris, the way she moved and acted. He knew something was up and he guessed that he probably knew what was on her mind. "You know," He walked over to sit on a swivel stool, sighing as he took his seat, "It's been a long day and I've done some thinking... These two, they- they've got extended family who probably want to see them. I'm going to send them out on a shuttle back to Vos and have their bodies routed from there."/color] He leaned forward onto his elbows and stared, straight ahead of him, at nothing in particular, "I'm not denying a family their final goodbyes. It's not fun telling them they won't get to see the body." His eyes shifted to Sylvester and Zoroaster, "You two should head to the bar, get some fresh air, make sure the first death didn't leave any lasting impressions, you know how it is. Doris and I will watch Sam, make sure everything stays stable."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Zoroaster looked from the screen to Colorado and back again, "B-Bb-"
Sylvester walked up to him, "Come on." He sounded sympathetic and caring as one could get, "Colorado and Doris have it covered now. You did good, and earned the break.""
With that Sylvester lead Zoroaster out of the medical bay, Sylvester nodded as he left, "Thanks. Call if you need us."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Neither of them can donate organs. There will be others, unfortunately." He spoke after them as they left. Once they were gone he turned to Doris, "Something is bothering you isn't it? Family? Situation?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She smiled a see-through smile up at him. "Yeah," she said, "it's future planning. Something I've not had to do for six years. Norris? He's a Mining engineer. He can get back into work anywhere but me?" She put her handpaws on her legs. "You know how much mdicine's changed in that time. No-one wants a nurse who's over half a decade out of step. The best place I can be if I want to remain a nurse is here, filling in the gaps on the floor, so to speak." She wheeled around ten degrees, ending up facing the passed ensign. "But how can I ask them to stay here? Where it's hardly safe?"
------------------------------------------------------------
In the doorway, Corp paused just out of sight for the moment.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado scratched at his chin, "Obviously I can't guarantee absolute safety. But it's definitely safer than some planet, for a variety of reasons. You get attacked there and nobody is there to defend your family. There is an entire team of people dedicated to protecting this ship and even some of us who don't look it are qualified." He smiled and stood up, walking towards the window, "As for you? I wouldn't say nobody would take you. I'm always in the market for an assistant. It's only been a few years. To be honest I haven't kept up too will with the latest innovations. They're incredibly redundant and a lot of it is learned by working with it." He breathed slowly, looking at Doris' reflection in the window, "You and your family would fit in fine here, I can promise you that."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I suppose security's relative, eh?" Doris sniffed. "Still, it's something we'll need to discuss."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy sniffed. His dad was still making himself comfortable in the cabin but the boy wanted to be up, about and exploring. His nose had taken him back to the café - which was shut for some reason - and he'd followed it to where some people were sat. He thought he'd heard that weird accent before so he entered, slipping around the wall. The human looked upset so he padded silently around to the opposite side of where the familiar Dog was and smiled up at the human who still scared him. ""Hello, Miss Captain, sir!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah prefer tae get mah news frae official sources. In places like this Ah find that ye get quite a lot o' Chinese Whispers, ye ken? But Ah'm glad ye got th' guy." Cailean explains. "And Ah agree. This bar is great. These chips are the best Ah've eaten in a long time. And... We're actually Scottish. Dabry is Irish. Chips are chips tae us. Crisps are th' ones that come in a packet wi' seasoning and that ye dinnae need tae cook before eatin'." Th dog pauses, one chip halfway to his mouth.
"Er... Sorry. Ah ken it's bad form tae correct a superior officer."

~~~~~~~~
Conall ponders this as he removes the talking gloves so he can eat. "Well... Perhaps this person is more than just a friend, ye ken?" he queries silently before crunching a fry.
"Sae... Dae ye want tae talk aboot somethin' else tae get yer mind off o' things?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry ate some more of his own food, silently thinking through Conalls question "We just met roughly two days ago." He signed, "We are friends sure, comrades even more so. But more than friends? I don't know about that. I um, well never thought.."
He took a drink of his beverage "Yes, lets talk about something else, but lets make sure it keeps both our minds off our current problems." He pondered a bit, "well? what then? perhaps, lets see, well have you ever been into one of those hologram rooms? Or if that's not a topic that you like, what might you suggest Conall?" Barry smiled, glad to have another friend on the ship.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado gave an understanding nod, "I understand. I sincerely hope you stay though." He continued on to another topic, "I also wanted to discuss your leg. I don't remember if we ever sat down and had a talk about how you wanted to go about this. Looked at the options. I think I showed you the selection but I don't remember if you made a choice or if I set you up for sizing." He fell back into a chair, momentum sliding him toward a table, "I thought now was a good time, you know, discuss easier things after the day of sadness.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Safety is never rated when you're living in it, Nurse DeVries," Corp stated, stepping into the room. "I re-iterate that word. NURSE. This guy might be madder than a chocolate barometer when not at work," he added, nodding to Colorado, "but he's a top class doctor on the job. He says you're up to it? I'll advance the paperwork myself." He glanced over the bodies. "You getting them ready for transport home, Doctor?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doris didn't quite know what to say. She'd been about to say she'd take the one with the furish covering but... She reasoned she had time now. Too often she'd seen the wounded given no time. but she had some.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy had the feeling something was going on. It was the same look he'd seen in people's eyes over the years but... It seemed wrong here. Out of place. Odd. "What's up, Miss Captain, sir?" He wasn't asking anyone in particular, just in general.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

He went over those words in his head, 'Madder than a chocolate barometer, what a saying...' "Thanks for the compliment. The lack of professionalism outside of work keeps you in good standing with the kids. If the scary man with the needles is seen having fun and laughing and getting into immature trouble, kids think lighter of you. Although being a dog does help." He gave Corp a nice grin before leaning slightly so he was pointed toward the bodies, "Yeah... we were. I was going to turn it into a little learning experience but old memories of separated families haunt me and I don't want to do that to anyone. Just need to put them in nice air tight bags and slap a bunch of biohazard symbols on them. However that will wait, right now Doris and I were talking about what kind of replacement leg she wanted."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think I'd prefer the one that looks more like a leg," Doris admitted as Corp hovered. "with the fur-like covering. Can it be afforded?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado flicked his eyes to Corp, "Well since you are technically a victim of war, you could probably make a claim for one from the Republic, ooooor you could stay on the ship and I could submit a much stronger request for one at no charge to anyone under the terms of 'medical necessity' since being in a wheelchair could hinder your work."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sylvester and Zoroaster made their way through the many hallways and corridors of the ship in silence. Sylvester figured it would be best to avoid any bar and neither of them were really hungry. Zoroaster seemed to just box up any feeling he had over the situation he just experienced, which wasn't a healthy thing to do, but the last thing Sylvester wanted to do was make his student face it either. Sylvester was trying to figure out how it would be best to deal with that while also thinking about their situation here, so far they dropped the ball every time. Certainly wasn't making them look good.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It's alright. Liz said through a mouthful of chicken club. She swallowed and started munching on the pickle. I've never been one for formalities. She heard a childish voice from below her and looked down. Hello Andy. She said with a hint of nervousness that the child likely wouldn't detect. She was only slightly better at dealing with kids than Captain Piccard normally, and now she had to deal with one who had spent almost all of his life in a Insignia prison camp, and was in a bar where he would likely hear a lot of inappropriate things. She wasn't sure what to do, and was feeling a bit flustered. Um, do your parents know you're here?

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nope," Andy said, sort-of-happily. "I was looking for food that's not machine made. My nose brung me here." His brow furrowed slightly. "It's weird how food can be made out of air, isn't it?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Another convincing argument for staying," Doris said serenely. "You're very good at this. How is it you don't have a mate?" She watched as Corp unhurriedly exited the bay on his patrol. "Knew that he'd leave then," she confided.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean smiles down at the lad. He's always liked children, unlike his brother, and hopes to have a litter of his own someday. "It is weird, isn't it? A kind o' magic, Ah think." Leaning forwards, he picks up the young squirrel and sits him on his lap before pulling his bowl of chips closer to the edge of the table.
"Here. These chips dinnae taste like air tae me - in fact they taste absolutely delicious - but Ah think Ah've been a wee bi' greedy an' ordered a few tae many. Dae ye think ye can help me finish them? Och, an' what's a guid meal wi'oot a drink? Would ye like Dabs here tae get ye a juice or a soda?" The border collie hopes the lad can understand his accent.
"Mah name's Cailean, by th' wye. What's yer name?"

~~~~~~~~
"Heh, funny ye shuid ask tha'. Ah was just repairin' th' ship's holo-room this mornin'. Ah've never hud th' opportunity tae try one tha's functionin' though. Haow aboot yersel'?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado half-suppressed a laugh with a timed cough, "Great job, seems you're fitting in here already." He gave her a smile and stood up, walking over to drawer and pulling out a couple of body bags, sized appropriately and tossing them, folded on the table.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Andy tried not to flinch as Cailean picked him up. It wasn't easy but there wasn't a sharpness about the touch as there had been when he'd been in trouble with the guards and there was a friendliness about the tone, even if he couldn't quite make out some of the words. "OK," he said, trying a chip. It was good. "I'm Andy," he said proudly, "Andy DeVries!" He nodded at the idea of the drink and Dabry got him a slightly sparking water with Apple & Blackberry hints.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry smiled "Yes I have, we had a small one on the moon, with a few dozen programs and scenarios. It was always being used by the kids that wanted to see what earth is like. He took one last bite of his meal and continued on. "Hey, ever been to the moon? If the Chief gives you the clearance, I have a hologram program that might be a lot of fun."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam stirred in his sleep, slowly waking from unconsciousness. He wasn't sure what happened after being poisoned. He started to hear sounds, voices, first distant sounding but eventually he could tell where they were coming from, the rest of his senses quickly followed, though his muscles hurt to much to move. He opened his eyes scanning the room trying to sit up, "Why do I feel like I was just hit by a train?" he mumbled out "Oh right, I was being killed by poison" his efforts to sit up were in vain and he tried to look around to see who was there. He saw the Squirrel he saved and Doctor Colorado.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aye, tha' sounds like fun!" Conall enthuses. "Sae... What dae ye like te dae fer fun when yer nae on duty or in th' holo-room, Barry?" he queries before picking up another chip.

Cailean notices Andy tensing as he's picked up and quickly realises the lad must have been through something traumatic. He knows better than to ask though. Instead he does his best to put the child at ease.
"Andy? Tha's a nice name. Sae, ye like real food, huh? Ever tried yer paw at makin' it? If ye cuid follow yer nose here frae across th' ship Ah bet ye'd hae a guid palette tae match."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I liked making things out of the things I got to keep," Andy said, hoping that was the right answer. "Mum used to say I'd make a great tramp cuisine artist." he frowned. "I'm not sure if that's bad or good but I'd like to learn." He looked over at the Captain. "It's a brilliant ship you have, Miss Captain, sir! Is it true you can go... anywhere?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado turned around and threw a glance over his shoulder at Sam, "Hey, hey, hey, look who's awake. Feeling like you got hit by a relatively large vehicle? Good, that means you're body is slowly repairing itself. You can move, but lack of normal oxygen levels has caused your muscles to, er, weaken. So you won't be as strong, but you'll regain strength quickly."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz smiled. Well, not really anywhere, the Republic owns the ship, so they tell me where they want me to go, why they want me to go there, and so on and so forth. She waved down a waiter and ordered another wrap. Spending your days walking around a ship a mile long tends to burn a lot of calories. They do give me a lot of leeway though. If I think it's necessary for us to take a detour, they let me, I have plenty of off days, and I'm allowed to use more... Creative, methods of punishing prisoners, if they committed a grievous crime.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Andy's reaction to the last was far more obvious. He shrank back into Cailean and dug his claws in a bit as he tried to work the Captain's last comment through his head. "But-but-but-but-but..." he stammered, a little wide-eyed, "You-you-you don't, d-do you?" He managed to flash a smile without knowing why. "Are...Aren't you the... the good guys?"
"We try to be, kid," Daby said, putting Andy's drink in front of him. The boy grabbed the drink. "The one's we put in jail are the ones who hurt others, not the victims."
Andy watched Dabry as he headed back to his seat.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry almost forgot what fun was, the last 6 months for him were stressful. "Usually? Finding a quiet spot to read, or doing something fun with some friends. Usually one of them comes up with some crazy plan that almost gets us in trouble. What about you?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam tried to talk more "No one else is hurt right?"
RP Characters:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Oh don't worry kid. When I say "creative," that doesn't mean I come up with all sorts of painful and gruesome punishments. While I do get to do that if I desire, it usually means I tickle torture them. She paused as she took in their reactions. No, I'm serious. It's surprisingly effective.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado smiled and shook his head, "No, just you and lucky you, you didn't die. That would really have sucked. But no, it was just you." He carefully started pushing the first body into the bag.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Welcome back to the land of the living," Doris said chirpily as she assisted Colorado, "and sorry that this is the first thing you happen to see. Would you like some water?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy wasn't sure what to say in reaction to that so he watched the Captain's face for clues as he had the guards. It seemed to indicate she was joking so he relaxed somewhat and laughed a bit. He hoped it sounded fully real. She wasn't a nasty human, this one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dabry also allowed himself a chuckle as he imagined the Captain, a feather and a manacled Corp with bare feet.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie