HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Civilization wrote:Bianca just smiled at Minnie and nodded, "Well nice to meet you too Minnie." Furettia was able to get over Bianca's apparently friendliness towards this two strangers. "Really, we're not from around here either, but we've got this street down pretty well so far." Bianca addressed Samuel while Furettia continued to talk to Minnie, "Yeah you can join us, we're just going down to the furniture store to well, get some furniture." She shrugged and smiled.
"Well, if you're gonna be staying in my room now, you should probably choose some things to make it feel like home," Minnie said to Samuel. "Sure, we'll come along."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Furettia smiled, "Great.", and the two ferrets began to start walking down the street again, walking semi backwards to continue to be able to talk to Samuel and Minnie. "So what brought you way out here then Samuel?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig rubbed his chin, "If you want, you can stay with me. I've got a bed and a shower. You shouldn't have to steal anymore, I've got food and drink." He turned his thoughts to Sandy, How long do you think it'll take to get this house built up? The day?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Furettia smiled, "Great.", and the two ferrets began to start walking down the street again, walking semi backwards to continue to be able to talk to Samuel and Minnie. "So what brought you way out here then Samuel?"
Samuel tried to pick his words carefully. "I was... hunted. Miss Granger's... relative rescued me and sent me where I'd be safe."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy backpedals slightly, Wiggling her nose to try and get the cold feeling to go away. "That'sNotWhatIMeantBySense."

"IKnowWhatYouWereGoingToSay. Don'tEverCallItThat, NotEvenYours." Sandy comments, scowling at Kaylee, and oddly enough at the other Sandy as she says that. "GoodThingsDoComeFromThem, EvenWhenItLooksBad. WeWouldn'tHaveAllMetIfYouAndAmandaHadn'tSetOffThoseTwo. NoahWouldHaveLeftAndRigWouldn'tHaveFoundHimAlone."

Turning her attention back to Rig and Noah,I'll need to look up plans at home tonight to be sure, but probably. Maybe two if I we get stuck on something.
Last edited by Buster on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Samuel tried to pick his words carefully. "I was... hunted. Miss Granger's... relative rescued me and sent me where I'd be safe."
Both the ferrets looked at each other, both understanding the 'I don't want to talk about it' attitude in the fox's voice. "Well then, hope your stay here is more pleasant." Both the ferrets took their time occasional looking over the pair, trying hard not to let their natural curiosity put off them in any way. "Well, if you ever want to stop by we would love the company." Furettia said smiling before looking at Bianca, "We're kind of just getting set up here ourselves so it will not be much just yet, but you're welcome to come over none the less."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd love to not call mine the first word, Sandy," Kaylee told both of them wryly, "but, until recently, it was more that than a gift. Then it changed." She smiled at dog Sandy. "Changes for you today, yeah?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda had stayed quiet for most of the small spat between Kaylee and their Chinchilla friend, having grown quite uncomfortable on the subject, "Oh, I hope it stays changed! Curse is such a nasty word and any version of its meanings are disgraceful! But, I'm one to talk, aren't I? My background compared to yours is quite lofty..."

Her ears drooped yet her icy blue eyes blazed with determination, "I promise you both I'll do everything within my power to help you with your gifts!" Her eyes quickly lost their blaze as she fidgeted a little, "That is... if you're okay with it at least. As my family has vast knowledge on magical powers and abilities that may be of aid to you..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee stood and gave Amanda a hug. "That sounds brilliant, Amanda," she said, warm winds billowing around as the cat fought tears of happiness.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda quickly returned the hug, a smile on her face. As small sparkles of snow came from the action she gave a small whisper, "Anything for my friends, especially for you, Kaylee."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Both the ferrets looked at each other, both understanding the 'I don't want to talk about it' attitude in the fox's voice. "Well then, hope your stay here is more pleasant." Both the ferrets took their time occasional looking over the pair, trying hard not to let their natural curiosity put off them in any way. "Well, if you ever want to stop by we would love the company." Furettia said smiling before looking at Bianca, "We're kind of just getting set up here ourselves so it will not be much just yet, but you're welcome to come over none the less."
Samuel's eyes and gem briefly flashed green, and he was aware of the curiosity of the ferrets.
"If you wish to know more," he said to the ferrets, "I came from a superstitious town. They charged my caretaker with witchcraft and hunted me as her familiar. She just barely helped me escape."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thankth... I don't really thelebrate my birthday though..." answers the retriever. He looks at Sandy as she talks and then back to Kaylee and then to Amanda.
"I doubt it, Kaylee... Can your family change the patht, Amanda? That'th the only thing that'll help me..." The chinchilla can probably glimpse a brief mental picture of a curtain burning, a house burning and then a headstone. The last picture is fuzzy as though blurred by tears although the surname "Ashcroft" can still be made out.
The retriever makes a visible effort to cheer himself up though and smiles at his new friends.
"Thtill, I found you guyth today. Perhapth I thsould thtart thelebrating my birthday. No one hath been kind to me and Holly like you guyth have in a long time."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid and Retlaw stopped their celebrating to look at Sandy. They zipped over and grabbed him by his shoulders.

"You've never celebrated your birthday?!"

They let him go, shaking their heads. Retlaw curled his tail into the shape of a balloon.

"No, no, no, no, no! That simply will not do, old boy!"

"Oh no! We must do something!"

Yensid and Retlaw began talking about planning the party, despite having never planned one themselves.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah laughed at the idea of their powers being a curse. If that's the case, than whoever placed it needs to learn what the word curse means. Once you gain control over it, all problems cease. Noah raised an eyebrow when he heard Sandy 2 mention it was his birthday. Oh. Happy birthday. Here. Noah pulled his wallet out of his satchel, and pulled a $100 bill out of that. Take this. I've got plenty.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sandy tries to push Yensid and Retlaw away. "Pleathe. My... My birthday doethn't have good memories for me, okay?" At Noah's laughing, the retriever quite suddenly bursts into tears.
"For me its a curthe! I hate it! I withs I never found my powerth! I have control now but Holly and my owner are thtill dead! How do you thuggetht I make that problem theathe?" With that he runs from the shop, leaving the hundred dollars untouched in Noah's paw. Pausing in the street briefly, he spies an alleyway next to the shop and darts inside. He passes a dumpster and then sags against the wall of the shop, slowly sliding into a seated position and burying his head in his paws, huge sobs racking his frame.

As the dog bolts, Holly, taken by surprise by the sudden movement, tumbles to the floor. She picks herself up and elects to stay with the pets, knowing she won't be able to find or keep up with the retriever.
"Real smooth move, Buster!" she glares at Noah before turning to the chinchilla.
"I'd better go to him, Sandy. Can you do some psychic thing to tell me where he is?" she queries, having guessed the chinchilla's power from Sandy's reaction.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll go find him," Kaylee said simply, her winds quieting as she sighed. "Back soon." She took the cash from Noah and said she'd give it to him or return it and headed out, following her nose until she found him. She just held him. "I know," was all she said. "I know."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid and Retlaw, feeling guilty, decided to follow as well. They followed behind Kaylee and sat across from the pair when they found. Yensid rubbed back of his head, he wasn't good when it came to situations like this. He looked at Retlaw and nodded to Sandy. Retlaw was better when it came to cheering people up. Retlaw sighed and wrote something in his notebook before flashing it to Yensid.

Remember that one movie we snuck into to see paid money to see? The one with the emotions and stuff?

Yensid pulled out his notebook and wrote something.

Yeah. What about it?

I think I have an idea.

They didn't notice their words had appeared as old timey text boxes above their heads. One of the joys of the enchanted notebooks, you can't always control it. Retlaw put his book away and walked over to sit next to Sandy. He put an arm around him, rubbing his back.

"Would you like to talk about what happened? No one will think any more or less of you. It might make you feel better."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah was genuinely surprised by Sandy 2s reaction and found himself feeling quite guilty. I, I'm sorry. I didn't know he.... A thought ran through Noah's head. We should continue this conversation outside. He said, glancing at the clerk, who remained oblivious to their discussion. After moving outside, Noah continued apologizing. Anyways, I wasn't laughing at him, I just found the idea of our powers being funny amusing. I'm sorry. He noticed the text bubbles over Yenlaws heads and shuddered slightly. Their powers are becoming less funny and more creepy. Not that they weren't already creepy. That thing with his head disturbed me to no end.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid, who was looking the other way, ear twitched toward Noahs speech about their powers. He popped his head off and walked over to them.

"Got a problem with our powers? Remind us to use them more often."

Yensid smirked, showing that he was just being sarcastic before walking back over and putting his head back on.
My characters!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda moved outside with Noah, her emotions on the situation a volatile mix. a part of her wanted to rush to them and comfort the canine Sandy with Kaylee, another part wanted to freeze Noah over. But yet another part, one she promptly ignored as fast as possible, wanted to berate the dog for calling any kind of magic a curse, feeling it an insult to the main aspect of her life.

She turned to Noah with a measured frown, with wafts of frost flowing off her from her cocktail of emotions, she spoke in a monotone voice, "Intentions are a fickle thing, and sometimes can mean nothing in the overall scheme of things." She then turned to Holly, "Though, perhaps this is for the best. As letting such toxic emotions and thoughts brew is dangerous. Hopefully this will end happily for all involved. I would go over myself, except I am not in a very supporting mood as of now..."

She found herself wanting to glare at Yensid for treating this scenario so lightly, but controlled herself not to, simply ignoring the sometimes headless rabbit.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig just kind of stood there watching the whole scene play out, wondering awe how things could go south so very quickly. When everyone else moved outside, he just grabbed the cart of food and followed everyone outside. He thought to himself about maybe placing at least some strength of a calmness aura around them, but decided against it. Tampering with emotions in such a volatile state as now could have unintended side-effects.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Yesnid may soon have to dodge a ketchup bottle that sandy just threw at him. "NotHelpingMoron." She hadn't been able to block The other sandy out in time to avoid seeing his memories of... that... and was in a bit of an unstable mood herself at the moment as a result, and needed someone to take it out on. Particularly because the number of times she had seen something in her father's lab explode or catch fire had her picturing a similar situation, that she was having a hard time banishing from her thoughts.

"He'sInCraterAlley, ButWeShouldLeaveHimAloneRightNow. HisMind'sAMess." She comments quietly, her voice a lot colder than normal and seeming distracted. Picking holly up, she follows the others.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"What you're talking of," Kaylee said quietly into Sandy's ear whilst holding and petting him "You're not the only one, sweetie." She was doing her utmost to remain calm but the mini twisters that kept flickering into existence at the far end of the alleyway showed the strain. "We can't put right what was done but... we can try and make it better for others, eh?" She tried a smile. it succeeded for a brief second, then fell.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid ducked under the bottom, pouting at Sandy the chinchilla. He sighed and walked back over to Sandy the dog sat in front of him. He sighed and hung his head.

"Look, I know I'm not the most serious pet out there. It can seem like I think everything is a cartoon and I can fix things with a flick of my pencil. But I know I can't. If I could, my own father would still be here. He died from an illness. I tried to save him, but I wasn't fast enough. He died with me sitting by his bedside. Sometimes, I think if I had been just a bit faster, he would still be here."

Yensid pawed at his wet eyes. Retlaw shot him a small smile.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Samuel's eyes and gem briefly flashed green, and he was aware of the curiosity of the ferrets.
"If you wish to know more," he said to the ferrets, "I came from a superstitious town. They charged my caretaker with witchcraft and hunted me as her familiar. She just barely helped me escape."
Both ferrets looked at each other in shock, "Witchcraft, wait, hunted for witchcraft." She stopped talking and looked back at Furettia, "Um, what town is still doing that in this day and age?" Furettia looked at the cat to see if this was some sort of joke.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah felt guilty. Incredibly guiltily. This is all my fault. I, I-I should fix this. His ears perked up when he heard Sandy 1 say where Sandy 2 was. I know where that is. He blushed slightly. It's my fault it's called that in the first place. I should go tell him I'm sorry, try to make him feel better. He started walking, some part of him hoping they'd stop him, as he worried he'd make it worse.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig placed a paw on Noah's shoulder as he began to leave, looking down at the cat and back towards the alley, "Don't forget to think through your words okay? Try not to mention anything about it." He let go of his shoulder, "Just be careful about it. Seems everyone's had their share of lost family or incidents." Rig gave the cat a smile and lightly scooted him along his way.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Both ferrets looked at each other in shock, "Witchcraft, wait, hunted for witchcraft." She stopped talking and looked back at Furettia, "Um, what town is still doing that in this day and age?" Furettia looked at the cat to see if this was some sort of joke.
"It wasn't exactly 'in this day and age'," Minnie said. "Samuel's an actual 17th century fox."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both ferrets just stayed quite looking back and forth from the cat and fox, both thinking this had to be some sort of joke. It was hard enough to believe that they had found each other with their own circumstances, now they were dealing with a fox from the past. After continuing to look them over they seemed to be telling the truth, "Um, okay. So, witchcraft, brought you here." Bianca talked slow trying to put something there in front of her together. "Well, that's something new." Furettia regained her composure looked at Samuel, "So what's it like?" She realized that she didn't really mean anything in specific.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"It is... strange... for now," Samuel replied. "however, it will be sad once I have fully realized my situation." a tear found it's way onto his cheek.
"I... I had a mate... and kits."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

When Kaylee hugs him, Sandy allows himself to be pulled close and buries his nose in her chest fur, completely ignoring Yensid and Retlaw and their antics, in no mood for cartoonis pranks. Gradually his sobs turn to hiccoughs and as the cat talks to him he looks up and sees the smile and forces a wobbly smile in return. His also doesn't last for long though.
"You too?" he asks quietly. "But... How? How do we make thingth better? My power... It'th jutht dithtructive. What good can come from it? It'th already burned down my home and killed Holly and my owner! Holly wath my betht friend and my owner wath alwayth good to me. Now it'th ath though he and I never exthithted. Everyone'th forgotten uth. And all becauthe of me getting angry over lothing my game of Monopoly! it wath the firtht time I'd played it. I'd only gotten it that morning... Ath a birthday gift... Holly won the game and I wath immature and thtupid and threw a tantrum. Nextht thing I know I've thet the curtainth on fire! I didn't know what to do or how I'd even done it! It wath the firtht thing I knew of my powerth. I... I panicked. By the time I called the fire department... It wath too late... Too late..." The retriever buries his head in Kaylee's chest again and a few more tears fall before he's able to breathe deeply and calm himself down again.
"That wath three yearth ago today. Now you know why I don't thelebrate my birthday. Now you know everything... How do you thuggetht I make that better for otherth? Huh. I have no otherth to make it better for!" The dog sighs and wipes his eyes and then pushes himself to his feet.
"I... I thsould go... You don't want a murderer like me around. Thorry to have bothered you and made your fur wet. Thankth again for the money." Slowly the retriever heads for the end of the alley, watching his paws instead of where he's going.

"Yeah, it'll do him good to let this out... Ordinarily I'd go to him but this this time I'm interested to see how Kaylee goes. She looks like she's doing good with him despite that pair's best efforts." Holly jerks her chin at the toony pets. "Besides, he doesn't need crowding at a time like this. He needs space." The rat relaxes in the chinchilla's paw and ponders as she watches Sandy and the others.
"Hey, Sandy? When you said you couldn't sense me, you meant with your psychic power, right? Why would that be though? I mean, I'm still me. I still have a mind, right? Just not a body, right?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both the ferrets looked at Samuel, knowing for sure now that this was no joke. "We're... We are sorry for your misfortune." They slowly continued to walk backwards down the street, "Is it... Is it possible that you still have family then now?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Look down the end of the alley," Kaylee said, indicating the micro tornadoes. "That's me," she said sadly. "That's what happens when I get upset. Anger and fear are by far the worst. Can you imagine how angry I got when, whilst I tried to show my family the gust of winds I'd discovered I could control that day, they were all too busy to look and, when they did look, they reckoned it was all natural and called me a filthy little liar? Go to bed with no supper for lying." She sighed. "I can only tell this story now because of the control I've built over the few years, Sandy. I fought to stop it but... I brought the house down on them." She waited a few seconds. "As I said, we can't help them, Sandy. We can't make what happened to them mean... Anything." As she said the last word, her tone got sharper and the tornadoes swelled before settling down again. "I travelled, wondering what to do. Couple of weeks back I found a human in an alley being beaten by four other humans. Four. Even I knew that was wrong so I used my curse as a gift for someone. It saved that human. And that's something we can try, can't we, Sandy? We can't reverse time. We can't save those lost but can't we try and save those who still can be?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I lose my temper, everyone's have their fur on end. That's actually what happened when my owner was still alive. He had let out a paper that said, Things to Teach Yensid. Being the dumb little kit I was, I tried to learn them myself so I could show off to Saile the next day. The first spell seemed simple. It was to power the machine with a ball of lightning. I had never done that before so I figured I'd do it then and there instead of picking something easier. You can imagine how that went. All I can say is Saile was awake all day and very careful of my powers from then on. I didn't mean to shock the old man, but also didn't mean to...."

Yensid trailed off at the end. Retlaw sighed and put a paw on his shoulder, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Anyway, if we're talking magical mishaps, big or small. I can't get too worked up either. If I get to angry, I kinda get a 'The world is against me' attitude and start spraying thinner instead of paint. And since its from my brush, it actually has an affect on what it hits. I nearly melted half the library once! But Saile was there to calm me down. But before I actually got a hold of myself, I sprayed his right hand. God knows that hurt. A lot."

Yensid nudged Retlaw and pointed to Sandy the dog. Yensid was about to go after him, but Retlaw put his paw out, shaking his head.

"Sandy, Kaylee is right we can't reserve time. And when you dwell in the past, you miss the chance to see your future. The past can hurt, yes, but you can either run from it or learn from it."
Last edited by Mickey on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah nodded at Rig and left, missing the advice about not crowding Sandy 2 when he's in a sensitive mood. As he approached the alley, he accidentally bumped into the leaving dog. Sorry, sorry, sorry! He quickly sputtered out. I just, wanted to say, I'm sorry. I didn't know about what happened with your owner. I, tend not to think before I act, something you'd know if you'd been here a half an hour ago. He grabbed another $50 out of his wallet and handed to Sandy 2. Have another 50 bucks. Are, are we cool?

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee chuckled as Noah bumped into Sandy and the two wind constructs died. "Noah, just offer to take him shopping, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig listened to everyone's stories in turn, learning that bit more about their lives and who they were. He chuckled at Noah's awkward run in with Sandy the Dog. His mind strayed elsewhere as his thoughts turned to what his own family could be like.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Both the ferrets looked at Samuel, knowing for sure now that this was no joke. "We're... We are sorry for your misfortune." They slowly continued to walk backwards down the street, "Is it... Is it possible that you still have family then now?"
"It is possible. however, I'm unlikely to be able to find any of them," the fox answered,drying his tears.
"Actually, mom could probably whip up a quick location spell to find a descendant, If you asked her to." Minnie said.
"I... had not considered magical options. I believe I will take you up on that offer... After we get some furniture."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bianca smiled, "Well, good luck and hopefully you'll find something that suits you then." Furettia looked over at Bianca, "So, um, how familiar are you with magic?" Bianca quickly tensed up and looked at Furettia, then realized that they hadn't been acting to shocked to hear about spells and stuff like witchcraft existing. They both looked at the fox and cat, both hoping it would still come off so an overcurious nature.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda Walked over to the others, cautiously leaning into the alley with a small look of worry on her face. She had finlly calmed down, no longer emitting frost, "U-um, is everyone... better?" She said with slight apprehension, not wanting to say the wrong thing.