HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda looked at the sight of Sandy hugging Kaylee and smiled. Even if she hadn't exactly gotten along perfectly with dog Sandy she was still happy for his happiness; feeling it was about time he caught a break after going through so much, "And may you never have to return to the streets."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah looked around in shock before he activated a certain part of his Aura. Using my "Aura vision," I can see through this quite easily, and OH SWEET MERCY!!! As Noah turned his head to look at Rig, his eyes seared with pain from a mere glimpse of the power Rig once had, never mind how unbelievably old he was. He immediately turned off his Aura vision and stumbled backwards out of his chair. Even if Rig messed with his vision, he didn't mess with his sense of touch. Noah didn't even notice the soup he had spilled on himself, as he was too busy backing away from Rig. He stopped after a few feet, and sat panting from shock as he stared at Rig. What.... What ARE you?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig flinched in shock, immediately discontinuing what he was doing and standing up in concern, "What happened?!" He began walking over to Noah, all the possiblities of what could have possibly gone wrong on his mind, I didn't show him anything, I don't think he imagined anything...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy had been listening to Rig and Noah's talk of mind powers, given that was more her style than the elemental trio, so she was close by when things wen't wrong.

"EEK!" Sandy ducks under the table as Noah freaks out and charges past her, sending his soup bowl flying in the process. She of course immediately hid, not wanting to get wet again. "WHATTHEHECKWASTHAT? WHATDIDYOUTWOJUSTDO?" she demands from her hiding place, as usual not fully understanding what she was sensing from rig, and now not from Noah either.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I- I don't know! One minute I was explaining to him the extent of control, he looked at me for a split second with this 'aura vision' thing of his. The next he- well, you can see what happened next," He stopped a few feet from Noah and crouched down, What-... What did you see?" He looks towards Sandy the Chinchilla, shooting her a thought but it's heavily jumbled between his language and English, the thoughts laced with concern, Do you think he's going to be okay? I hope I didn't hurt him. Do you think I hurt him?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee watched the altercation across the room with concern as she let Sandy hold on to her and cry his pain out. She watched them with growing concern, shown by the rattling of the windows with wind. She tried to analyze who was the greater danger out of Noah and Rig but couldn't conceive of either being a real risk. One was cowering back at what he's seen and the other was looking purely shocked at what had happened. "You OK, 'Manda?" she asked over her shoulder.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's enjoyment of the happy scene was cut short by Noah's outburst. The much less happy scene shocked Amanda at first, causing her to lift her legs off the ground and hug them to her chest. She was shaking as ice formed on her chair. While this was like the other confrontations, the key difference that terrified Amanda was the fact that Noah and Rig should have been friends, opposed to the total strangers they were earlier. Add that to the previous drinks and other mood whiplash encounters of the day and she started to cave to her emotions, unsure of what to do or think, "Not again... They were friends... please not again."

As Kaylee spoke to her, she quickly shook her head and whimpered, "No..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"My back's still free for hugs if you want," Kaylee said earnestly. "But they're not gonna fight. Look. They're both in shock."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda did as Kaylee suggested and hugged her back. She looked at the scene in closer detail than before, "... Y-you're right. You're always right." Her breath calmed, though her shivering barely slowed at all. She started to say her thanks, but stopped herself, feeling that any thanks after Sandy's heartfelt series of thank yous would be meaningless in comparison.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I, oh Primus where to start. Noah said, mentally trying to reassure himself that everything's fine. Well, for starters, you're OLD. Like, at least a couple thousand years. And the power, oh Primus my eyes still hurt, the power you used to have. You, you used to be a GOD. It hurts just to think about it, it was so searing. I... I..... He looked down at his chest. I am covered in soup.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw watched everything unfold, but his focus was set on Amanda. His eyes scoured the table, finding the light blue paint splotch. He pointed at it and raised his hand, creating little Amanda once more. He motioned for the little paint creature to go to the cold kitty.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

POOF! horus appears before any group in a sudden burst of colored smoke. "cough cough cough.....too much ethermerol" horus said as the smoke clears
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig stared for a minute, "Are you still hungover or did I do something? There are many things I can consider myself, but a god is not one of them. And look at me, I'm obviously not that old, I look closer to the same age as everyone else." He shook his head slightly, "Are you sure you didn't just misinterpret the reflection from the snow, or the sun."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Seeing Amanda looking at him, and hearing her comment, Sandy smiles at her.
"Thankth, Amanda! I'm thorry I thcared you before with my powerth, by the way. I didn't mean to. I promithe I won't hurt you with them." Seeing Amanda's distress at the situation with Rig and Noah, and seeing her also hug Kaylee. Sandy stretches his arms out as far as he can reach to include the other cat in the hug as best he can. Which isn't much but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

The dog jumps slightly as Horus draws attention to herself but relaxes again when he sees who it is and returns to squeezing Amanda and by extension, Kaylee as best he can. A moment later he pulls back as something occurs to him.
"Hey, Kaylee, what doeth your owner think of ratth? Or ghothtth for that matter? Holly ithn't exthactly a pet rat either... Thsould we thtay with Amanda inthtead? I don't want you getting kicked out becauthe you brought a rat home. Although..." Sandy has to giggle for a moment. His next comment earns him a glare from Holly but it's obvious that behind the glare she's also trying not to giggle.
"Bringing dead ratth to their ownerth ith kinda what catth are thuppothed to do, right?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee had to laugh. It wasn't often but, this time, she really had to. It was an unlocking of tensions and a release of energies. "Oh, I don't think he'll mind too much," she said eventually, "He likes to tell me he's a 'dog person' and all that. As for Holly? Well, we can try that... carefully. We'll see, OK?" She patted Holly before looking to Horus. "Hey, there. What's Ethermero?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:Do you think he's going to be okay? I hope I didn't hurt him. Do you think I hurt him?
How should I know. The stuff I'm getting from him makes no sense right now.
Legotron123 wrote:I, oh Primus where to start. Noah said, mentally trying to reassure himself that everything's fine. Well, for starters, you're OLD. Like, at least a couple thousand years. And the power, oh Primus my eyes still hurt, the power you used to have. You, you used to be a GOD. It hurts just to think about it, it was so searing. I... I..... He looked down at his chest. I am covered in soup.
"Greeeaaaaat. YouBrokeHim." Sandy grumbled, watching Noah with an expression that seemed to be a mixture of pity and disbelief.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I didn't mean to! I still don't even know what happened." He stands back up and gives Noah a bit of space, no use cornering something that is scared, "I didn't even do anything! He just flipped out!"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's shivering slowed as she was slightly embraced by Sandy. She nodded as he apologized, "It's okay. I believe you." She listened quietly as he talked, chuckling at he small joke at the end, deciding to calm down a bit more before doing anything else.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah stared at Rig for a second, looking mildly offended before turning to the others, starting with Amanda, and activating his Aura vision. You're 17, you come from a large family, and you can have trouble controlling your emotions. He turned to Yenlaw. You two are both 21, you both can be playful, and you were raised by a blind man. He turned to Kaylee. You're 22, you tend to feel threatened easily, and you've had terrible luck with homes due to your powers. He turned off the Aura vision and turned back to Rig. I can see so much about people with my Aura vision, and looking at you with it felt like looking at the sun.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig looked at him blankly, "I just don't believe you. I mean, one minute everything is fine, the next minute you're shouting to the world 'You're a god,' you can't tell me that doesn't seem just a bit weird. Are you sure it wasn't just some sort of momentary flare up or something?"
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kaylee had to laugh. It wasn't often but, this time, she really had to. It was an unlocking of tensions and a release of energies. "Oh, I don't think he'll mind too much," she said eventually, "He likes to tell me he's a 'dog person' and all that. As for Holly? Well, we can try that... carefully. We'll see, OK?" She patted Holly before looking to Horus. "Hey, there. What's Ethermero?"
horus looked around and then smiled at kaylee "its a chemical that allows people to teleport"
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Civilization wrote:Furettia smiled, "Well then, perhaps we can explore this town together then some time." Both the ferrets thought about Samuel's question, "Well you called us stoat's before, I believe we are related, though I'm not completely sure." She looked at Furettia, who just shrugged and shook her head. "Did you know any of these stoats?"
"I... may have killed some," Samuel answered awkwardly. "of course, this was before I was civilized by the village. Now I only kill what I eat, though I suppose that may no longer be the case"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hotep the psychic wrote:horus looked around and then smiled at kaylee "its a chemical that allows people to teleport"
"So you know," Kaylee said, "I'd normally be scared of that and have greeted you with a powerful wind. But I'm the filling in a sandwich at the moment."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I know it's unbelievable, but that's what I saw. I don't know how I can convince you, but.... Lightbulb. Sandy, do you think you could use your powers to look into my memories and vouch for me?

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Despite herself, Holly finds that she enjoys the patting. "I'm sure I won't be a problem. I don't make a mess and I can stay invisible whenever your owner is around." she assures Kaylee.
"Thank you! Thank you tho much, Kaylee! And thank you, Amanda. I apprethiate it." Sandy gives the two cats a final squeeze before releasing them and sitting back in his chair again.
"Heh, thorry about that, Kaylee. But hey, at leatht we know how to help you keep control." Sandy jokes before turning to the cryokinetic cat.
"Thay, Amanda? Would it help if I thsowed you on a thmall thcale what I can do? Would that make you more comfortable with my power?"

Holly, meanwhile, is captivated by Noah's readings of everyone and is curious about them all. Floating herself so she doesn't have to navigate the mess on the table, the rat walks over to Noah.
"Hey, Noah, what about me? Do I still have aura? What can you tell about me?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded in thought as she slowly released Kaylee as well, feeling calmer than before, "I-I think it would help. I just don't like... sudden flames. Or overly large ones. So, yeah a small demonstration shouldn't bother me."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"YourMindMakesNoSenseRightNow! You'reAsGarbledAsRigUsuallyIs." Sandy complains at hearing that suggestion. "Besides, halucinationsStillRegisterBecauseTheOneSeeingThemThinksThey'reReal. SoThatWouldn'tProoveAnything."

As hard as his claims were to believe though, it had gotten sandy curious. the groups powers were all over the place, emotion based, willpower based, concentration based, hereditary, granted, created via experiments... Rig being a god might be ridiculous, but getting his powers from one? why not. this called for research.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I... may have killed some," Samuel answered awkwardly. "of course, this was before I was civilized by the village. Now I only kill what I eat, though I suppose that may no longer be the case"
Bianca nodded, being a little more understanding than Furettia, who just gave an awkward smile. "Well that's how it is in the wild isn't it, as long as you don't try to kill us we'll be quite fine with you." She smiled, "Though now for civilized pets we don't have to go around killing others for food." Furettia nodded at this statement.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah sighed. Figures. Rig, could YOU look into my memories? I'm fine with it, I just want to prove I'm not crazy. He turned to Holly and activated his Aura vision. Wow. Um. You're nothing BUT Aura. That's all there is. Um, anyways, let's see. You were 21 when you died, you met Sandy when you got stuck in a mouse trap, and you were watching him for a while before that. He turned the vision off. That what you expected?

Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig shrugged at the suggestion, "I don't know, I might be able to. If you're sure about it... But uh, as a warning. Since it's a memory, it's going to seem a lot more real, everything will, it won't be some simple illusion. You know how you can have thoughts about someone doing something they wouldn't? That's how this will be. It's completely interactive, but everyone reacts differently." He brings a paw up and draws an angular C, one line, then a second, within an instant both Noah and Rig are dragged back into the depths of Noahs mind. "How are you feeling? We're deeper than the last time, if you feel uncertain or afraid, tell me. Things may change, everything is effected by memory now." He gives a short, somewhat nervous laugh, "I Just hope you aren't still afraid of me..."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah smiled and gave a chuckle. I was never sca-, well I was scared of you when I first met you, but considering you had just teleported right next to me, and displayed knowledge of something I've tried to keep secret, I'd say I was well within my rights to be terrified of you. His smile turned into a inquisitive frown. So, how do I go about doing this? Do I have to focus on the memory, or do YOU look for it, or something else?

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Civilization wrote:Bianca nodded, being a little more understanding than Furettia, who just gave an awkward smile. "Well that's how it is in the wild isn't it, as long as you don't try to kill us we'll be quite fine with you." She smiled, "Though now for civilized pets we don't have to go around killing others for food." Furettia nodded at this statement.
"We don't have to, but it is fun," Minnie interjected. "Though that may just be a cat thing. and you've gotta make sure it isn't someone's pet first."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Sure, if you want to. It's a pretty simple procedure, just not a lot of people tend to be able to think on that straight of a path before thinking about other things. Things which can be good or bad." He brought the same old snowy landscape back into existence, "Figured I might as well set the mood," He grins widely, "Plus it feels nice."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Do you get the feeling we've been left behind," Kaylee asked the others who weren't brain spelunking. "That seems kinda rude." She looked around. "I wonder what the rest of the house looks like?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"ICanShowYouWhatThey'reDoing, IfYouWant. OtherThanThePictures, ItWon'tMakeMuchSenseThough. RigThinksInAnotherLanguageAndHe'sInfluencingNoah'sThoughtsRightNow." Sandy chimed in, having come out of her hiding place now that Noah was calmer.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Um, all right. Here goes nothing. Noah said, oblivious to the others conversation. Noah started focusing on the memory of what Rig looked like under Aura vision, trying to push it into his mental landscape. A large image of Rig appeared, glowing painfully bright, like your eyes have been adjusted to pitch black for hours and suddenly you were looking directly at the sun. There was an overwhelming feeling of power radiating from it, as well as a feeling of incredible age. Whether Rig and the others would pick up on that is unknown though.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig just kind of stared in awe, seemingly unaffected by the blinding light it produced. He looked at Noah and pointed at the image of him, still floating there, burning, "Þetta er hvernig ég lít út?" He reaches out a paw to touch it, to which he is met with the same action. A small glow forms between them as their paws meet, "I did not believe you at first..." He looked over at Noah again, "...but, now I see."

(*"This is what I look like?")
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It was a rat trap. No mouse trap could have held me." Holly mumbles, slightly embarrassed. She's relieved when Rig and Noah go into their trances again.
"You were watching me?"
"Well, I had to know if you were a predator or not, didn't I?"
"True enough. All right, Amanda. Thlow and thmall it ith. Watch thith." Sandy squats next to Amanda's chair and places his palms flat together. Rubbing them together slowly and in a circular motion a glow appears and then a small ball of flame the size of a large marble appears in his palm. Stretching it out, Sandy moulds it into the rough bird again. He lets it stand in his palm for a little while for Amanda to get a good look before blowing on it gently, allowing it to fly up and away from Amanda before disappearing in a wisp of smoke again.

"Now. Let me make you thomething... I'll be right back..." Sandy walks to the wood pile stacked by Rig's back door and after a bit of rummaging returns with a reasonably flat piece of wood resembling a roof shingle. He sits himself on the ground not too far from Amanda and puts the wood in his lap.
"Thith ith probably going to make a lot of thmoke but there won't be much fire." he warns the cat. Igniting the index claw on his left paw, the dog draws it slowly down the board leaving an even, dark furrow amidst a small amount of smoke. The dog repeats the action a bit further over but with a shorter stroke. Then he adds another stroke and another and gradually a picture appears to form. Keeping the wood carefully tilted away from Amanda, Sandy continues drawing slowly and methodically, a swirl here, a bow there, a fine line here and a dark circle there. Lazy curls of smoke float towards the sky where they're quietly dissipated by the gentle breeze. Occasionally Sandy pauses to blow out a brief flicker of flame threatening to ignite the wood, and sometimes he glances up at Amanda briefly before continuing to work.

Eventually he puts the wood aside and stands and stretches, cracking his neck and back.
"There. It'th done. It'th a prethent for you tho you can keep it. What do you think?" Sandy passes the wood to Amanda and, were the picture not black lines in pale wood, the cat might almost have thought she was looking in a mirror. The image shows the cat slightly in profile from the chest up and is complete with her bow and the swirly wing pattern on her chest. It even includes a delicate snowflake floating over Amanda's paw, the tiny details done with the very tip of the dog's claw. Sandy isn't entirely satisfied with it though.
"I don't think I got the ear quite right there. And the whithker's a bit wonky. And the thwirly bit on your chetht ith a bit off-thentre. Eeths. It'th terrible acthsully,, ithn't it? Thorry. I'll get it right nextht time."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda watched Sandy make the little fire bird in interest, giving a small round of applause as it flew away. As Sandy started to carve into the wood she tilted her head, wondering what he could be making. After Sandy had finished and showed Amanda the portrait, she gave a small gasp and put a paw against her mouth, rendered speechless by the creation. As she was handed it, she looked it over in great detail, admiring the workmanship.

As Sandy voiced his self criticism, Amanda gave a large smile and started to sparkle from snow appearing on her fur, "This is amazing!" She practically leapt off her chair and gave Sandy a hug, "Thank you! It's such a beautiful gift!" She was shaking with excitement, she couldn't wait to look it over again, or even show it to Kaylee, but she wanted to show her proper thanks towards Sandy.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee took the time free to take a few more pieces to her plate. She sniffed the flame but knew for sure that it was contained. Nothing to be worried about. She knew the firebird. The Phoenix rising from the ashes. The symbol Sandy hadn't figured. This was his time to rise and live again. Close enough to hers and, indeed, even to Angelas' that they were sharing the rebirth with him, were they not?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie