HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Buster »

Distracted by the abrupt end of the villan's attempts to sway the hero in the film, Bonnie's attention was quickly enough back on the screen.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Horus looked about after a very deep sleep. the fox lifting her head and yawning once in her home only to fall back asleep. she had been working her tail off through so much that she need the time off for herself to calm down. she lost alot and missed more than she really beleived. but at least she was home. all around her however her home was dark. the ligths were out and the yard needed some tending too. inside the house everything was clean....but there was books and pages of work and bills and so much more all around.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda couldn't help but quirk an eyebrow at Eira's explanation, "That just sounds weird and hard to imagine. Like what do cats and dogs even look like?" While it was an honest inquiry it was mostly rhetorical, "I guess Lovecraft was right about unimaginable things. So relatable, yet so freakish."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy bolted awake in her maze, smacking her head on one of the acrylic panels in the process.

The problem with trying to have a nap, was the nightmares... Twisted characterchers of faces she knew were familiar from somewhere. Faces that something always seemed to tell her not to think too much about. They'd been there all her life but they were never this intense before.

Then again, given where she knew they came from, well... it wasn't surprising they'd be worse when she's up and about. and... it was still going in the back of her mind? that was new.

Hey, are you up?

. . .

Hello?

Right, of course you'd be as heavy a sleeper as me...

Climbing out of the chamber with her pillows in it, and crawling up the tube that went up through the basement floor to the main level instead of her usual way out, she decided to skip the dust tray, having gone through there this morning. There was exploring to do!
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"That sounds like a boring way to live. What is a kwadroopeedall?" He shrugged at Eira's question, "What is a cuhthoolhoo? It is a little hard to think of what I would be doing because I do not know what it is?" He gave a slightly apologetic smile.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda couldn't help but quirk an eyebrow at Eira's explanation, "That just sounds weird and hard to imagine. Like what do cats and dogs even look like?" While it was an honest inquiry it was mostly rhetorical, "I guess Lovecraft was right about unimaginable things. So relatable, yet so freakish."
Eira Sighed. "You know what? It's probably better if you don't know what I'm talking about. It would be too hard to explain and it isn't important right now anyway." She changed the subject. "So what are you guys doing later? I was wondering if I could join you until I've gotten familiar with the area."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Quadrupedal means walking on four legs. Like cows or horses or sheep. As for Cthulu, I haven't a clue." Holly tells Rig.

"Well, you're probably thafetht with uth, Eira. We were going to thee the Matriach, the perthon who runth Amanda'th family becauthe thse knowth a lot about magic. Other than that I don't think we had anything planned, did we, guyth?"

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kaylee looked at him with amusement. "Hrm, Expensive thoughts, hey? And here I am, asking for them." She looked at him crookedly as her fingers played on his hand. "Am I one of the first?"
"Just multitudinous. And... Yeah, one of..." Socks replies, looking away. He appears to ignore Kaylee's paw but in reality his own paw in tingling where she touches and the feeling is spreading.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kaylee said, keeping close, "I'm always gonna be around if you ever want to tell me?" She kept her hand on his, even flexing her fingers between his slightly. "You have friends you can talk to now, y'know?" She gave him a half smile, hoping it would 'infect' his face too.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig nodded slowly at Holly, "I think that would be of an interest to see." He looked back at Eira, "Yes, we are still trying to find out how we are going to get there. I think we are waiting for our other friends too."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid and Retlaw listen to the conversation in silence, but can't help but shiver and grimace when they start talking about animals like them walking on all four legs.

"Walking on all fours?"
The rabbit says, looking at his handpaws. "Geez that sounds so gross. I eat with these things."

Meanwhile, Retlaw hears mention of Cthulu and pulls out his sketchboook, doodling for a quick minute before he sets it down on the table. It was a bust of some evil looking squid creature.

"This is Cthulu, I think. I saw him a video game once. I think he's some type of demon lord?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Really guys, Cthulhu's not important in this. I was just trying to express why the non-sentient animals of my world still don't attack people for no reason. All I was saying was that humans are big, weird, and possibly dangerous from their perspective, and so they aren't going to provoke humans if it can be avoided." She was trying to change the subject to something more normal. "So what is the Matriarch like?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda shrugged at Eira's question, her ear giving a twitch: "She's calm. Very calm, she has to as she's led the family for so long. But she's also kind. She really cares for all of us in the family, and those who could be negatively effected by magic. ... Almost too caring. She's been checking up on me and dad for years now. Guess we just end up on her path or something. She and the family mean well, but they can sometimes be obsessive, which is why I'd like if you kept your trans-dimensional origin hush hush. I'd rather they didn't grill you like... well like we were doing not too long ago."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Unconsciously Socks allows her fingers to slip into his.
"I'm just... Frustrated. How can he be so thick?" he asks, not looking at Kaylee. There's no need for him to clarify to whom he's referring.
"04 said he was indiscreet and impulsive and now I see what she meant. How can you trust someone like that with something as big as... All this?" he queries, gesturing vaguely around him.

~~~~~~~~
Holly stays quiet this time but Sandy looks at the sketchbook curiously.
"I wonder... I wanna try thomething. Can I have thome paper, pleathe? And a penthil?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think he's more scared than anything," Kaylee replied. "He's begun going through what some of us went through as kittens. Loss of home, loss of family...". She sighed as warm winds buffeted the pair. "All that good stuff. And it's the second time. Yesterday morning he had a mansion, a family that loved him and no friends. Today his house is ashes, his family's vanished and all he has left is the gaggle of friends he made yesterday. We're all he has now. I think he just wants to know he's important or summat." She looked down at the handpaw, smiled slightly and said nothing for a moment.
--------------------------------------------------
Jake helped himself to a small hand of Bonnies' popcorn.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah waited until the other two had left before walking out of the living room before returning to the kitchen table where everyone else was. He slid into a seat next to Rig and crossed his arms, only half listening to the conversation. His thoughts were other places as he tried to understand how nobody was suspicious of her. She obviously didn't have any of the compassion that the real Sandy did, so what was stopping her from simply lying about it? So what if they were afraid of the same things and felt the same things. They weren't the same person and the fact that anyone would blindly trust someone like that was amazing.

Rig glanced down at Noah, "How did th-"

"Fine," the cat cut him off, not really in the mood for any sort of conversation yet.

Rig gave him a slow nod and returned his attention back to Eira and the rest of the group.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: Holly stays quiet this time but Sandy looks at the sketchbook curiously.
"I wonder... I wanna try thomething. Can I have thome paper, pleathe? And a penthil?"
Retlaw tears out a couple of sheets of paper and hands the pencil he had been using over to Sandy, wondering what he wanted with the items.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Jake?"

Noticing Jake had still remained idle after she had stopped and had returned her attention to the screen, bonnie started ignoring the current scene in favor of checking on him.

"Jake, if you start snoring..."

- - - - - - -

Now that she was up and about, Sandy decided her time would be best spent tracking down that strange fox she had seen at the party... only problem was, The chinchilla had never gotten a read of her. she had been there when they were having the odd-tasting drinks and everything was going all fuzzy.

Vaguely she remembered something about a shop... maybe that was the best place to start?

Mind made up she headed off towards the nearest street with shops she could think of.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hardly," Jake replied, this time letting his hand run along her leg and 'search' for the popcorn. He smiled up at her, watching her eyes glint with reflected light.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda shrugged at Eira's question, her ear giving a twitch: "She's calm. Very calm, she has to as she's led the family for so long. But she's also kind. She really cares for all of us in the family, and those who could be negatively effected by magic. ... Almost too caring. She's been checking up on me and dad for years now. Guess we just end up on her path or something. She and the family mean well, but they can sometimes be obsessive, which is why I'd like if you kept your trans-dimensional origin hush hush. I'd rather they didn't grill you like... well like we were doing not too long ago."
"Ha! Believe me, I'd like to. I'll need a cover story though, and I don't have the training to hide things from telepaths. Don't know if you've got a telepath at your house, but I figure I should mention that.."
Deske wrote:Noah waited until the other two had left before walking out of the living room before returning to the kitchen table where everyone else was. He slid into a seat next to Rig and crossed his arms, only half listening to the conversation. His thoughts were other places as he tried to understand how nobody was suspicious of her. She obviously didn't have any of the compassion that the real Sandy did, so what was stopping her from simply lying about it? So what if they were afraid of the same things and felt the same things. They weren't the same person and the fact that anyone would blindly trust someone like that was amazing.

Rig glanced down at Noah, "How did th-"

"Fine," the cat cut him off, not really in the mood for any sort of conversation yet.

Rig gave him a slow nod and returned his attention back to Eira and the rest of the group.
"Welcome back. You missed the interrogation." she smiled a bit.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a small wave to Noah as he entered before turning back to Eira, "Depends. I don't know everyone on the guard list, so there could be a telepath chaperoning the Matriarch. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Other than that, unless the Matriarch intentionally read your mind through a slightly elaborate spell, you should be good."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Anyone says there's no magic in the world," Jake said quietly, "I'd tell them to look at your eyes, Bonnie. They're proof they're wrong."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"So what should I say? What do I tell her? How did we all meet? I need a convincing story to tell her in case she asks these things if I'm going to hide where I came from." Eira starts asking Amanda.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thankth." Sandy looks at the Cthulhu sketch for a while before drawing his own, similar version of it. On his version though he shades certain areas though to create an image with unbroken lines.
"I thaw thomething like thith on TV onthe. Alwayth wanted to try it." he explains, holding the paper over the sink. "There'th going to be thome fire, Amanda." he warns, remembering her fear from the previous night. He holds the paper steady and then, concentrating intensely, runs his paw over it carefully, dissolving his lines and shading with flame so that there are holes in the paper, allowing the ash to fall into the sink where it can be washed away. Finally, he picks up a black baking tray and holds the paper against it so that the black shows through the holes he's left.
"What do you think?" he asks, holding it up. The paper shows a negative image of Cthulhu, the positive being created by the dark backing showing through the holes.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
"Er... Oopth. Maybe I thsould have done that outthide..." he grins once the alarm stops.

~~~~~~~~
"Still that's no reason to threaten those he calls friends nor is it any reason to doubt someone who can literally tell someone's deepest sorrows and regrets and know when they're lying."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Buster wrote:"Jake?"

Noticing Jake had still remained idle after she had stopped and had returned her attention to the screen, bonnie started ignoring the current scene in favor of checking on him.

"Jake, if you start snoring..."

- - - - - - -

Now that she was up and about, Sandy decided her time would be best spent tracking down that strange fox she had seen at the party... only problem was, The chinchilla had never gotten a read of her. she had been there when they were having the odd-tasting drinks and everything was going all fuzzy.

Vaguely she remembered something about a shop... maybe that was the best place to start?

Mind made up she headed off towards the nearest street with shops she could think of.
though the towns many shops were something to behold memory served little, the Jade Dragon Emporium stood in its usual spot but the sign out front showed "Closed until further Notice" how curious. yet a box stood in front of the door wiith a bottle inside of it saying drink me.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thankth." Sandy looks at the Cthulhu sketch for a while before drawing his own, similar version of it. On his version though he shades certain areas though to create an image with unbroken lines.
"I thaw thomething like thith on TV onthe. Alwayth wanted to try it." he explains, holding the paper over the sink. "There'th going to be thome fire, Amanda." he warns, remembering her fear from the previous night. He holds the paper steady and then, concentrating intensely, runs his paw over it carefully, dissolving his lines and shading with flame so that there are holes in the paper, allowing the ash to fall into the sink where it can be washed away. Finally, he picks up a black baking tray and holds the paper against it so that the black shows through the holes he's left.
"What do you think?" he asks, holding it up. The paper shows a negative image of Cthulhu, the positive being created by the dark backing showing through the holes.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
"Er... Oopth. Maybe I thsould have done that outthide..." he grins once the alarm stops.
Though their ears pin back at the annoying sound of the fire alarm, Yensid and Retlaw clap, admiring the picture.

"Amazing!"

"I'd be lying if I said I've seen someone do that before!"
My characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira looked at the image. "That's a really good drawing! You've got some skill as an artist." She told Sandy. When the alarm went off, she laughed. "Does this happen a lot to you?" she gestured toward the smoke detector.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda put a paw on her chin as she thought over Eira's question, "Doesn't have to be elaborate, you can just say your a shapeshifter with some extra powers you can't use for now and that you met us through teleportation, or even just ;et your disguise slip in front of us." She nodded with a smile towards Sandy, appreciative of his awareness for her, even if flames on that small a scale didn't bother her. As Sandy finished his picture, she gave a small round of applause, thinking it quite good, and kind of funny seeing where the inspiration started, "That's really good Sandy!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So what's Noah's biggest fear," Kaylee asked, deciding to hold up their conjoined hands so Socks could see them and looking at him with the tiniest of grins. "Is that our fire al... why am I even asking? C'mon, Socks, sweetheart, let's go put a fire out, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

It would take a few minutes to scan through the open shops, but eventually only the closed one is left.
This has to be it, but I didn't expect it to be closed at this hour...

Looking around she notices the bottle, part of her wondering how long it had been sitting there, and another part pulling up a list of alice in wonderland references. Still, eating and drinking random things they found had been the end of many a rodent and she didn't want to be next, so Sandy reaches out, trying to find anyone within range she can read who knows how to identify what this is.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig clapped at Sandy's picture, flinching slightly when the alarm went off, "That is looking very cool! Great job!" He stopped as the conversation returned to Eira, "I think Amanda's idea is good. It does not reveal too much while also giving you a good story to know."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I agree." Eira responded to both Rig and Amanda. "I'll come up with something by the time we meet her."
-Champion Motto

Hotep the psychic

Buster wrote:It would take a few minutes to scan through the open shops, but eventually only the closed one is left.
This has to be it, but I didn't expect it to be closed at this hour...

Looking around she notices the bottle, part of her wondering how long it had been sitting there, and another part pulling up a list of alice in wonderland references. Still, eating and drinking random things they found had been the end of many a rodent and she didn't want to be next, so Sandy reaches out, trying to find anyone within range she can read who knows how to identify what this is.
Although there was few people no one really answered. the box itself was worn out to the point of degrading faster to ashes as the bottle sat there with no smells or such. just a glass bottle filled with a blue liquid that said drink me. although there was no bad indication there was no good indication either.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake noted Bonnie was fianlly paying attention to the film and smirked to himself. He shifted and shuffled and wondered how long it would take Bonnie to realise he was sitting on her lap now.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thankth, guyth!" Sandy grins, and then looks embarrassed at Eira's question. He doesn't really want to reveal his past as a stray so he just answers simply.
"Eh, not really." he shrugs. "They didn't have that problem on TV. And they did the burning with a little thtick thing."

"How good is the matriarch at spotting lies, Amanda?" Holly asks after complimenting Sandy's work.

~~~~~~~~
Socks shakes his head.
"I won't say personal stuff without people's permissions unless I absolutely have to. Yours is drowning though." he answers, walking with Kaylee, not bothering to remove his paw from hers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda could only shrug to Holly's question, "I honestly do not know. She has a really good poker face okay, but as long as no one gives her a reason to be worried we should be fine."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Kinda aware of that," Kaylee said, leaning over and kissing his cheek. "I was here. So, how you liking it so far? This freedom, friends and family deal?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Given Bonnie is holding him around the middle like a stuffed animal and watching over his shoulder, which is actually a bit challenging with Jake being taller than her (she's short for her breed remember?) I'd say she already knows.

hmmm... it's a pretty frivolus thing to use my last charge on... again... but this is kind of uncomfortable.

Jake might notice Bonnie fidgeting with one hand before taking hold of his wrists in a familiar way... Though at least this time he's just half a head shorter than Bonnie, rather than making pets like Sandy look tall.

Much better.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'll be careful. So when were you guys planning to go there?" Eira asked Amanda simply.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda adopted a slightly exasperated expression, "Well, we have been planning since yesterday. But, almost every time we get side tracked by a newcomer coming around, Sandy getting thrown in the pound, yet another bout of draining drama, or more." She gave an icy sigh, her ears starting to tilt back, "And right now we're dealing with a lack of space in my father's car outside. In fact two of our friends, Bonnie and Jake, left awhile ago so to help our spacing issues. I hate that so many want to see the matriarch because of me, and won't be able to, because she's due elsewhere soon and is already staying longer than intended, on top of our transportation issues... It's like the world is set against me in some very specific ways the past day or so."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nah, it'th not your fault, Amanda." Sandy consoles.
"What's the worst that could happen if she spotted a lie?" Holly asks.

~~~~~~~~
"Eh." Socks shrugs, his mask back up again. "It's okay, I suppose. Not like it'll last though. It never does."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee stopped him and turned to face him. "Well let it go as far as it can, eh? Enjoy it as far as you can. Live it for what it's really worth." She stepped in and lightly kissed him on the lips before pulling back slightly. "That's the advice of a girlfriend," she said quietly, trying not to purr. "If you want one."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie