HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Buster »

"Well, There'sSomeoneInsideWhoMentallySwore, RightAfterSomoneElseThoughtAboutACat..." She said to Amanda with a slightly bored shrug. Hopping down she walked over, while carefully avoiding touching any of the snow.

"IDon'tThinkItsYou, IDon'tKnowWhoThough, KindaNewInTown, I'mSandy." She added, holding out a paw to Kaylee. "You'reKayleeRight? OrDidIReadYouTwoBackwards?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid held the snowman in his paw, smiling at it. He pulled out his sketch book and began to draw delicately. After he was done, he pulled out a pack of colored pencils and colored whatever was on the paper. He ripped it out and held the sheet in his paw. He closed his eyes and focused on the paper. It lifted off his paw, blue sparkles and swirls whipping around it. It soon become an empty snowglobe. Yensid released his breath, gulping down air. After recovering, Yensid carefully sick the little snowman into the globe and put it in his bag.

Retlaw looked at the newest arrival, a smile broad on his face.

Yensid's ears lowered with each word the chinchilla spoke. Retlaw tilted his ears forward to hear each word spoken. He figured she had some kind of mind read-y stuff.

Can you hear me?
Last edited by Mickey on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Physicaly, there was no change in sandy.
Huh. you catch on quicker than most do. Yes I can hear you.
Last edited by Buster on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Wow, you talk fast," Kaylee said, accepting the paw. "Lot to say and not much time, eh, Sandy?" She offered the creature a Jelly baby.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda shrugged a bit at Sandy and merely thought, 'Telepath's are a tricky bunch, let's hope you aren't like my cousin.' She sighed and leaned against the wall, shoulders slumped slightly as everything hit her again and she realized she was surrounded by higher class powered beings, "When I went for a walk this morning, all of this wasn't even in the farthest reaches of my mind."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"ThanksButSweetsUsuallyMakeMeSick..." She answered, Pushing the offered treat away without even looking at it. Already knowing what it is thanks to Kaylee.
Deske

Post by Deske »

He placed a paw gently on the smaller creatures shoulder, "You should come meet everyone, maybe we could diffuse these tensions. No matter. I shall see you when you are finished viewing these wares." He gives a smile and draws an M in the air, the runes on his arm glowing, and steps into it disappearing and reappearing outside between the two parties.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Horus looked around noting the pets entering an alley and decides to stay back some watching from affar. her own abilities catching into the conversations
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah was too shocked to speak when the canine suddenly appeared next to him. He gulped very audibly as soon as the dog left, trembling from being found out. No no no, people aren't supposed to know. He took a deep breath as he tried to calm down. Okay, keep it together. You have a few minutes before he comes back in. That's enough time to check for new stock, make my purchases, and sneak out. You can do this. Seeing only one new toy, he grabbed it and put it in his bag, before heading to the electronics department.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Samuel, take this pendant and run.

the last moments he could remember were running through his head.

THE WITCH'S FAMILIAR IS ESCAPING! HE MUST BE STOPPED!

His entire world was turned upside down. The kind woman who had healed him was accused of witchcraft, and he was being hunted.
he cowered behind a rock formation in the woods, then he saw a sudden green light followed by blackness.
now a voice came into his mind
Samuel, you will awake in a strange land, entirely unlike that which you know. Accept the change.

he awoke, breathing heavily. His head hurt.

He looked around his surroundings. He was in a bed, but it felt unlike any he had known. He was inside a room, but it did not appear to be wood, stone, or brick. and there were strange artifacts all around. his heart began racing. the phrase strange land ran in his mind, and his heart began to beat a bit faster.

"Oh hey, you're up," came a voice from beside him. Samuel jumped in the bed, and turned to see a black cat standing in the doorway.
"What is this strange place? I do not recognize your queer dialect." Samuel addressed the feline.

Minnie cocked her head at the fox's strange manner of speech. She chalked it up to the head injury. she tried to talk slow to help him understand. "You injured your head. My mom bandaged you up. You're in Radiant Gardens Vineyard. I'm Minnie."

Samuel was able to decipher "injure", "head", "bandage", and "in Radiant Gardens Vineyard".
"How far am I from Salem Village?"
"A few centuries."
"centuries?" Now Samuel cocked his head. and now he became aware that his head was still hurting. "Never mind, My head feels as if there is a horse carriage inside. Could you fetch an apothecary?"
"Oh, mom'll just mix you a potion, it should clear that headache right up."

"Potion? This 'mommull' is an apothecary?"
"Mom's a witch."
"WITCH!" Samuel shouted. His heart was racing, his breathing got heavier. then the crystal around his neck glowed, as did his eyes. Samuel, calm your nerves. Accept the change. the kind woman's voice rang through his head.

then a woman entered. she was a black woman, about 5'7", and dressed in strange clothes. she carried a potion of some sort in a glass. but Samuel' was most drawn to her eyes. He knew those eyes, they had belonged to the kind woman. she is my descendant. accept her help.

"Drink this, Samuel," said the woman. "Yes, I know your name. a prediction of your arrival was passed through my family for centuries. Welcome to the future."
----------------------------
after some explanations, and a quick lesson in modern syntax, Minnie took Samuel out to show him the town. Of course, he was borrowing one of her old collars so as to fit in.

"This collar is uncomfortable," Samuel said, running his finger under it and along his fur.
"Well, you've gotta deal with it or animal control'll take you away. You don;t wnat that when you're trying to catch up on centuries of lost time, Ichabod."
"My name is Samuel." the fox corrected.
"Right. Anyway I've gotta pick up a few things at the store for mom, so I guess our tour will start there." and so, she led him through the streets, to where there was a gathering of other pets... then another pet appeared between the two groups.

"Is everyone in this age a witch?" Samuel asked out loud as they approached the group.
"Nah, I thought it was just mom," Minnie replied.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda looked up at the sound of the new arrivals, her fur looking slightly disheveled. Upon being associated as a witch she groaned a little, "Hello, welcome to what I call the cauldron. As this area, only a few minutes ago, became the new hot spot for the magically adept. Oh, and for your information there are many differing sorts of magic users and not just witches." Sighing, she flicked her paw and some of the snow that was melting on the ground floated towards her, she needed something to take her mind of this insanity that lay before her, she even felt like her thoughts were being jumbled.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

To prevent further hostilities after she turned around and saw the Fox Kaylee stepped in in front of the giant Mouse and Rabbit and kept her wind down to gusts emanating from her handpaws, blowing own to each side. "Just to be sure," she said calmly, "no-one's doing any attacking, correct?" She nodded to Rig. "Heya, big fella." Then she heard Amanda. "I fear I'm more inept than adept, Amanda," she tried with a smile she almost felt.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"HiSammieHiMinnie!" Sandy shouted addressing the two strangers as if she already knew them, hopping up and down to be seen over the others. "OhAndI'mNotAWitchJustPsychicWhichIsWayCooler. Heh, WhichWitch. WhichWitchIsTheWitchyWitch?" At this point Sandy slips into what her father often calls the 'giggle of doom'.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensids ears touched his back and ultimately fell off. He sighed as he picked them back up. He was about to reattach them, when an idea popped into his head, accompanied by a light bulb. Yensids stood up, stretching and such.

"Man, I'm so tired, but it's no need to-"

Yensid suddenly fell into limbs, a torso, and a head.

"Fall apart!"

Retlaw snickered, snorting once. He walked over and kissed Yensids forehead before picking up his head. While the rest of him reconstructed, Retlaw held Yensids head in his paws.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Is something happening behind me," Kaylee asked, seeing the faces of those in front of her. She turned to see... body parts... and lept about ten feet, landing lightly as winds that were now almost at hurricane levels whipped wildly about her. "That is gross!" she called as the parts came back together. headphones, she thought, where were the...? Put them on, she told herself, before the winds did any damage... She found them, tuned in the music... and dropped two more feet to the ground as she calmed. "Was that..?" She looked up and around. "Was I..? What?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Horus decided to join the group in the alley. "hi, how are you today" horus asked as she looked at the other pets
ImageImageImage
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda was just twirling the snow around her, when she got hit by high speed winds that almost knocked her over and blew away all of her snow, not to mention also scaring her. Re balancing herself she looked at Kaylee, the calm given by the snow gone, slight frost covering the ground around her again. Then before she could ask Kaylee if she were alright, yet another pet came forward. This was too much for the poor ice cat, high level powered beings surrounded her, from telepaths to a couple who could bring shock hammers to life, suffice to say she was at her breaking point.

The frost grew slightly as her thoughts raged through differing emotions, she took a few quick breaths, "I-I... I'll be right back." She said to no one in particular, as the small cat moved towards the store. She needed something to calm her nerves.

She entered the store keeping a composed face on at the front where someone might see her, but once she got into an aisle in the electronics area, she let it drop, hugging herself slightly as she shivered, her breath in wisps once more. She was too distracted by her own shivering to notice the other cat in the area, though she may not have cared.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Apparently gale force winds, chinchillas, and the newspaper box across the road from the alley (the one she was sitting on earlier) do not mix. Seeing as said box is now dented, and said chinchilla is now flopped over at the base of it, wobbling dizzily and mumbling utter nonsense.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No, no, no..." Kaylee cried, seeing Sandy in the box. She sprinted over to the Chinchilla and picked her up. "Are you alright," she asked desperately, feeling in thought and voice. "I...I didn't mean to... I'm sorry."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw and Yensid, now all together again, were also swept up in the winds. Retlaw was slammed hard against the window of the store, groaning out in pain as he fell to the floor. Yensids back met the wall of a building and he was sure he put a dent in it. The rabbit tumbled downward is bits that recollected when they hit the ground. Yensid tapped his chin before beginning to draw. He colored it in and held it in his hand. The sheet became a little handheld fan and he walked over to Kaylee.

"Here."

He clipped the little fan to her wrist.

"This way, you can know if the winds are getting to strong easier. This is pick up on the winds speed and display it on the little screen. Now if you excuse me."

Yensid collapsed to the ground with a heaved breath. He needed something to eat. He had conjured too much at once.
My characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Váfuðr stayed where he was but put up a paw, bracing himself against the winds, lowering it slowly as they died down and making a mental note of who was controlling them. He lifted a paw and drew the symbol for Laguz in the air, directing it towards the fallen rabbit, replinishing his stamina after such an exertion. Leaving the rune to draw on his own energy to revitalize Yensid, he directed the same power to Retlaw and the chinchilla, easing their pain quickly. He would wait to see positive improvement before cutting it off.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thanks, Mister Law," Kaylee said as she kept making sure Sandy was OK. "I lose control when I get a bit scared," she explained. "Someone falling apart'll do it, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After finding nothing he didn't already have, Noah paid for his toy and headed outside. Peeking his head out, he found, to his dismay, the various animals were still there. Walking the other way, he tried to use his Aura to make his footsteps quieter.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw's ear flicked and he looked up. He felt vibrations in the ground and looked about four the culprit. He stood up and called out to the walking animal.

"Hey! You with the bag!"
My characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig looked down the walkway, Is it that cat? I met him in the store before I came out here." He notices that Retlaw is fine and cuts off his healing magic to him to conserve energy.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both Furettia and Bianca made their way around the store since everyone that was in there seemed to have left. They walked up and down the different aisles looking everything over out of pure curiousity. "Do you think this place has furniture?"
Furettia looked up and down the aisle they were in, "I don't know, maybe we should find someone who works here." They both walked back to the front of the store, the group of animals were still outside, and it seemed to have gotten bigger. But the both stayed back waiting for someone to come that could possibly help them.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda left the shop, having bought an ice cream cone to calm down, and ignored Retlaw's call, she had enough of playing a part in conflicts for the day. Her expression neutral she made her way to Kaylee, munching on her ice cream slightly, "I'm sorry if you find this intruding, but does this morning's activities break any weirdness records for you? For it does for me, and I come from a family of the magically gifted, yet this menagerie of creatures broke every record that was made back home." She chuckled slightly, "And I do feel bad for the cat with the bag, the few times I caught a glance of him he's always seemed to want to stay or get away."
Deske

Post by Deske »

After disconnecting his magic from the other 2 people he was healing or at least attempting to, he takes a deep breath, the drain beginning to show and draws the same symbol in the air, walking into it and appearing next to the cat. Upon arrival he stumbles from the unintended forward momentum, but manages to right himself. "We meet again! So, it seems interest in you has died down. Judging by your reactions, this is good, yes?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah's face took a "deer in the headlights" look when Retlaw called him out. He really didn't like attention, and being yelled at gave him a bit too much of it. He was trying to think of a good response when Rig suddenly appeared next to him, scaring the bejabbers out of the cat. HUWAHGAGA!!! He yelled, as he instinctively shoved Rig away, accidentally putting Aura into it..... And, as a result, launching the dog across the street. Noah covered his hands over his mouth, horrified by what he had done. Oh, oh Primus, I'm sorry. I didn't mean... He stopped as he noticed how the others had started paying attention to him again. He stood there trembling for a moment before running the other way, using Aura to speed himself up.

Deske

Post by Deske »

The instant the shove connected, he knew there was far too much force behind it to be natural, but those thoughts were pushed from his mind as he skidded across the ground and onto the sidewalk across the street, stopping only due to a brick wall. He rolled into his hands and knees gasping for breath, the wind knocked out of him, and a nice raw back to look forward to. After regaining his breath, he pushed himself into a kneeling position and invoked Laguz to bring his recovery time down. He leaned carefully back against the wall, breathing heavily and staring at the sky, groans escaping his muzzle.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

The sudden action shocked Amanda, causing her to drop her ice cream, though she was more worried for the dog that hit the wall, "Oh, by the moon! Are you alright?!" She rushed over to the dog, kneeling next to him, her fear for his well being causing frost around her paws again, "A-are you seriously hurt?"
Hotep the psychic

Everyone walked around as if nothing happened. Horus joined primus and the others calmly."might be best if you dont use your powers in the open " horus said
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig chuckled, "Haha, I am fine and I should be back to normal in a few minutes, just a few bumps and bruises, please do not worry to much about me." He placed a bracing paw against the wall and pulled himself up slowly, popping a few joints in the process, his healing magic already getting him back into shape. "My fur has kept my injuries from being more severe. Though, I believe I scared him. Thou hast come to- sorry, You have helped me, thank you." He mock dusts himself off as he had seen in many shows on the television before, he wasn't sure why they did it, but he figured it might ease people's thoughts of him. "Should we follow him? I would have words for him."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda sighed in relief, getting up alongside him and scowling slightly at the mention of the cat that had ran, "I'm not sure if finding him is a good idea or even possible, as he seems to exhibit multiple abilities, including strength, speed and something that causes craters. So, we either get lucky and find him and he runs away, or you teleport next to him, provoking the reaction that got you launched into a wall."

She got a thoughtful look putting a paw on her chin, "Though I might be able to freeze his paws so he couldn't run away. That or trip him with my kinesis. Though as much as I want to smack someone for stress reasons, I'd rather not instigate yet another potential slug fest of magical proportions." She groaned and gestured to the dog, "I was rambling, sorry. I ramble when I get stressed. Though, I should note you look like you can carry more than your fair share of magical weight... Which I should have noted at the beginning."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Uph... ow..." Sandy got to her feet, clutching her head. Her headache had diminished quite a bit, thanks to the others, but it was still there. when Retlaw decided to shout, she winced, pulling her ears down flat against her head with her paws. "Did one of dad's gadgets blow up again?" She asked, her voice slower and softer than usual, still seeming somewhat disoriented.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda left the shop, having bought an ice cream cone to calm down, and ignored Retlaw's call, she had enough of playing a part in conflicts for the day. Her expression neutral she made her way to Kaylee, munching on her ice cream slightly, "I'm sorry if you find this intruding, but does this morning's activities break any weirdness records for you? For it does for me, and I come from a family of the magically gifted, yet this menagerie of creatures broke every record that was made back home." She chuckled slightly, "And I do feel bad for the cat with the bag, the few times I caught a glance of him he's always seemed to want to stay or get away."
"Yeah, well," Kaylee said, still hovering near Sandy and fighting not to bring her winds out, "most of it's beyond normal but, y'know, if I lashed out it must be Tuesday?"
Buster wrote:"Uph... ow..." Sandy got to her feet, clutching her head. Her headache had diminished quite a bit, thanks to the others, but it was still there. when Retlaw decided to shout, she winced, pulling her ears down flat against her head with her paws. "Did one of dad's gadgets blow up again?" She asked, her voice slower and softer than usual, still seeming somewhat disoriented.
"I'm so sorry, Sandy," Kaylee explained, looking the Chinchilla in the eye. "I lose control when I get scared and a Rabbit fell apart, scaring me. I am so sorry. Can you forgive me?" She noticed the wind picking up papers at the end of the alley and decided to keep them there.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I think I understand what you mean when you say magical weight, which is odd because magic has no weight. Here, maybe this will help," He holds his paw out, the runic markings on his arms glowing as he draws out the sign for Jera. As he finishes, he and the surrounding pets are bathed in a feeling of peace or serenity. "Stress clouds the mind. It's a breeding ground for mistakes in battle if not handled correctly. As for my 'magical weight', there are many of these I can use and more that I can learn. You control ice and telekinesis, what element is this?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kamatari was walking through town, staring at the ground and not paying attention to his surroundings. His bag of sand was open and he was making a small sand trail travel around him as he walked. Kama, still not paying attention, accidentally bumped into a cat he had never seen before, making him lose focus and drop the sand. He grunted in frustration and moved the sand back in his bag.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:"HiSammieHiMinnie!" Sandy shouted addressing the two strangers as if she already knew them, hopping up and down to be seen over the others. "OhAndI'mNotAWitchJustPsychicWhichIsWayCooler. Heh, WhichWitch. WhichWitchIsTheWitchyWitch?" At this point Sandy slips into what her father often calls the 'giggle of doom'.
Mickey wrote:Yensid suddenly fell into limbs, a torso, and a head.
"Your time is a strange place indeed," Samuel whispered to Minnie.
"Yeah, most of this is new to me, too," she replied.
Hotep the psychic wrote:Everyone walked around as if nothing happened. Horus joined primus and the others calmly."might be best if you dont use your powers in the open " horus said
"I agree. If this magic is uncommon, it could cause fear in those unfamiliar with it," Samuel said. "I have seen the results of this fear, and it is not a pleasant sight."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

As the spell fell over Amanda she felt her body relax, causing her to sigh, a smile adoring her face. Though the question jarred her slightly, it only turned her smile into an inquisitive one, "I'm not sure I understand the question, if it's to inquire as to how I obtained them, that'd be through the family lineage, meaning I'd be a sorceress. If you are asking for the class of magic, the mother always said I'd do good in Alteration, Destruction and Mysticism. If I misunderstood the question, I'm sorry..." She said with slight nervousness creeping into her voice, yet she remain relaxed. So relaxed that everytime she moved a bit of frosty vapor seemed to follow her.