HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"Well, Legally i'm her owner. so i think the convention is using parental terms?" Rua answered back, the lioness sounding a bit unsure.
"Oh" Leon, a bit embarrassed, answers "My bad..." before awkwardly changing subjects "So...uh...where did Phoebe get her...what she call it..Ghostie friend?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:quietly leading the other two back to the store, she makes a beeline for a section that ismostly childrens beds, pet beds, and mattresses sized for the two. Letting go of phoebe's hand Rua asks, "So, aren't you going to try a few? see which one you like?" in a playful tone.
Phoebe laughed and ran off to try every bed in the store, genuinely happy and excited for perhaps the first time in her entire life. She didn't really know how to handle the energy. She jumped up on one of the child sized beds and flopped back on it, feeling it's softness before getting up and trying another. Even the Nightmare Demon, when no one was looking, was inspecting the beds as if to see if any of them might pose a safety problem. Things the Nightmare Demon turned down typically included elevated beds Phoebe could fall off of, and beds that one could feel the springs in.

Leon would have definitely seen the Nightmare Demon fully. The creature looked like the skeletal remains of a rabbit made of solid shadows. It's hands were bony and long, and it's fingers were tipped with wicked sword-like claws. It's teeth were like daggers and it's eyes were empty sockets, completely hollow without even the slightest light of life in them as Phoebe was not currently afraid.

Though it didn't hide from Leon, it was making an effort to stay out of sight of the one or two unaware people browsing the store.

Phoebe found herself climbing into and testing out a hammock. The fabric it was made of was very soft, and almost silky. It was cool to the touch. The Nightmare demon started inspecting it. It wasn't too high off the ground, and it cradled Phoebe, surrounding her on all sides as she curled up in it. It wouldn't be easy to fall out of. The demon reached up and gently started rocking the hammock back and forth. The gentle rocking and secure, comfortable feeling the bed provided, coupled with the fact that the fact she hasn't slept more than a couple hours since escaping the shelter, resulted in her quickly falling asleep.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm honestly not certain where he came from." Rua admits, shrugging, "I know he helped her out of a jam before we met, and they go back further than that, but that's a part of her past best not asked about."

as they talk she's watching the antics of the smaller two, a bit of a smile on her face.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"I'm honestly not certain where he came from." Rua admits, shrugging, "I know he helped her out of a jam before we met, and they go back further than that, but that's a part of her past best not asked about."
Leon nods as he watches the creature gently push the hammock that Phoebe was laying on. "The past is her nightmare, huh? I know what that's like..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Once Phoebe fell asleep, Nightmare stopped rocking the hammock. It looked upon Phoebe as she slept. She was so calm, so peaceful. For the first time in her life, she had nothing to be afraid of. The demon let out a soft, hollow breath, like a sigh reflecting the peace Phoebe felt. The Nightmare watched over her protectively. No harm would come to her, and the skeletal demon would lay down it's own existence to be sure of that, if things came to that point. Nightmare reached a clawed hand forward, and stroked her head gently in an almost parental way, trying to do what it could to comfort her further.

At the demon's touch, Phoebe curled up into a tight ball, shuddering and whimpering in her sleep. Nightmare recoiled, withdrawing it's hand. It looked upon it's own claws with it's hollow eyes, then back at Phoebe. The rabbit, once the claw was removed, relaxed once more. Nightmare lowered it's hand, and it's gaze, and sighed with a sorrowful rattling breath. Nightmare was Phoebe's fear given life and made physical. As much as it cared for her, as much as it wanted the best for her, it was still made of concentrated negative emotion.

Nightmare turned to Rua and Leon, apparently just now realizing the two of them were still being actively watched. The demon didn't care though. There was only one thing in existence that it cared about, and she's currently sleeping in a hammock, perfectly safe. Nightmare raised a clawed finger and tapped lightly on the hammock's stand, indicating that was the one that they wanted.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Looks like we've got a winner. Though I hate to say it, but I doubt the staff want folks actually sleeping on the display pieces. we cant stay, sorry Ghostie." Rua states, before walking forward and slowly, gently, lifting phoebe out while being careful to avoid waking her if she can. thankful for the noticeable size difference between herself and... huh... she hadn't thought much about it beyond in passing, but phoebe is technically her adopted daughter...

Figures. The incarnation with no interest in males still winds up being a mom somehow. even when I'm trying not to be like Rutyll I'm still like Rutyll... the mental eye roll at that realization very nearly becoming a physical one.

"um, could you do me a favor and get one of the staff? I don't see Soqhu nearby and i don't want to wake her."

((it occurred to me that if phoebe is young enough to have a size penalty to her physical stats, that means she's also small enough to for this to work, considering rua is above average size compared to a domestic cat.))
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"Looks like we've got a winner. Though I hate to say it, but I doubt the staff want folks actually sleeping on the display pieces. we cant stay, sorry Ghostie." Rua states, before walking forward and slowly, gently, lifting phoebe out while being careful to avoid waking her if she can. thankful for the noticeable size difference between herself and... huh... she hadn't thought much about it beyond in passing, but phoebe is technically her adopted daughter...

Figures. The incarnation with no interest in males still winds up being a mom somehow. even when I'm trying not to be like Rutyll I'm still like Rutyll... the mental eye roll at that realization very nearly becoming a physical one.

"um, could you do me a favor and get one of the staff? I don't see Soqhu nearby and i don't want to wake her."

((it occurred to me that if phoebe is young enough to have a size penalty to her physical stats, that means she's also small enough to for this to work, considering rua is above average size compared to a domestic cat.))
Leon nods and heads to find a member of the staff, but turns and said "Hey, I still feel bad for snapping at her earlier, so I want to make it up to her: I would like to buy the bed for her. No catch at all."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe continued to sleep soundly in Rua's arms. She didn't so much as shift around in her sleep. This might have been the first time in days she was actually able to rest.

Nightmare, knowing people were going to be there soon, melted into Rua's shadow as it was currently combined with Phoebe's.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll set you up for the evening first, of course," Jake said, making sure Mrs Wilkins was doing OK with her food and drink.
"Aff, that'll hardly take you five minutes," Mrs Wilkins said dismissively. "And it's about time you spent more evenings out. And with a lady too." She grinned and pointed a fork at Bonnie. "You have him back by ten, mind?"
Jake rolled his eyes. "Mo... uh, Mrs Wilkins!"
"Hah! Almost got you again! You two go along!"
---------------------
"No problem with Alex," Kaylee mentioned. "Or Socks," she added slyly, "but he might need something to be seen out there." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a lengthy, reflective, strap to go over his shoulders. "Reminds me, I was going to ask about these pockets..."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Mac nodded happily. "Just make sure to be back before it gets too too late, alright? And be safe!" He said as he went back into the kitchen to safely contain the remaining cookies.

Alex regarded the metal, safe-esq, container she had sat on, as if pondering to open it or not. After a moment she unlocked the metal case, opening it only a crack and pulling out a small package and moved towards the door leading to the hall. "I'll be quick. Just don't want too many stares for being the freakishly over dressed feline." She said, gesturing towards her currently worn attire.

Amanda chuckled a bit at Kaylee's magic pockets. "I do not think anything could adequately explain those pockets." She shuffled her paws a bit, rocking back and forth slightly, in though. "So... any ideas on where to go or what to do? Beyond walk that is. Like I said, sine we went ot my house I doubt I should get much of a decision factor, and Alex is kinda new... I would say Socks, Kaylee or Noah should get heavy consideration as to what we do. No offense Sandy, but I almost fear what you would suggest."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"a curfew? really?" bonnie asks, rolling her eyes, though there's no actual bite to her words. "what do we look like, cats?" she gets out before Mrs Wilkins manages to trip jake up and she's back to trying not to laugh.

- - - - -

"But I was... oh alright fine." rua grumbles as Leon heads off, mildly frustrated that her position of trying to keep phoebe from waking up makes it near impossible to argue a point.

Ghostie diving into her shadow meanwhile was extremely unpleasant, a sudden rush of cold and a sensation of something spindly clinging to her back. What in the, Is this what his presence feels like to phoebe? No wonder she shrinks away...
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"But I was... oh alright fine." rua grumbles as Leon heads off, mildly frustrated that her position of trying to keep phoebe from waking up makes it near impossible to argue a point.

Ghostie diving into her shadow meanwhile was extremely unpleasant, a sudden rush of cold and a sensation of something spindly clinging to her back. What in the, Is this what his presence feels like to phoebe? No wonder she shrinks away...
Leon smiles before heading off to find an employee, which was easier said then done, as he thinks to himself "Good job at not lashing out..."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

while she's eying a grey cat bed, considering it as an option since Ghostie and Phoebe will need separate arrangements unless he wants to keep her up, Rua's phone buzzes. pulling it out she types at it one handed while waiting.

[ Found what we need, we're at the truck. ]
[. . . . . . He picked out a medium Dog Bed. ]

[ I'm going to grab a kitten sized cat bed for . . ]
[ the ghost. Phoebe picked out a hammock . . . ]
[ that looks like a half-scale version of mine. . . ]

[ . . . . . .She's taking after you already. :mrgreen: ]

[ oh shut up. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .]
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Leon smiles before heading off to find an employee, which was easier said then done, as he thinks to himself "Good job at not lashing out..."
After a bit of walking around, Leon would find an employee who was free to help.

"Hello. Is there something I can help you with?" He said.

(Pheobe's asleep and Nightmare is hiding, sooooo.... I guess I just play the employee for now.)
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:After a bit of walking around, Leon would find an employee who was free to help.

"Hello. Is there something I can help you with?" He said.

(Pheobe's asleep and Nightmare is hiding, sooooo.... I guess I just play the employee for now.)
"Yeah, there's a hammock I'd like to buy for those two over there?" Leon replies while pointing towards said bed
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks barely glances at the strap before rolling his eyes and scoffing.
"I am NOT wearing a leash!" he insists, crossing his arms and turning away from Kaylee.
"Even if it is shiny."

"Oh, come on, Socks. The green goes so nicely with those emerald eyes of yours." Holly grins.

"Well, we could go to the park and play fetch!" Sandy suggests hopefully in response to Amanda.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd never leash you," Kaylee promised, keeping other thoughts to herself as she stepped forward to let the tuxedo cat see the item properly. "See? It's a sah. You put it over your shoulder and it reflects light so them can't see in the dark can see you. Especially cars. Park sounds fun. And we should check out more stores and stuff." She made to control her winds as she offered Socks the sash.
------------------
Jake took about ten minutes to wash up after Mrs Wilkins and make a new vacuum flask of coffee for her (and another for themselves) before he was ready to offer Bonnie his arm and step out again.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"Yeah, there's a hammock I'd like to buy for those two over there?" Leon replies while pointing towards said bed
"Sure thing! The hammocks are right next to the display. They're a smaller item, so you can simply pick a box from the stack there and take it to checkout." the employee said. "Do you need anything else? Need help carrying the box?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"Sure thing! The hammocks are right next to the display. They're a smaller item, so you can simply pick a box from the stack there and take it to checkout." the employee said. "Do you need anything else? Need help carrying the box?"
"No, thank you, I can carry the box with no problems" Leon responds.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Very well!" the employee said. "Just let me know if there is anything else you need!"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"Very well!" the employee said. "Just let me know if there is anything else you need!"
"Yep" Leon replies before heading over to the display and grabbing one of the boxes. "Oof if there's one good thing about...that...At least it gave me some muscles!" he thinks to himself as he walks over with the box to where Rua was standing and asking "Here we go, you ready to check out?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Grabbing the small cat bed she had been looking at for ghostie, and moving to follow Leon, Rua gives a quick nod in answer. Not speaking as she's still trying to let Phoebe enjoy her nap.

- - - -

taking hold of Jake's arm with her own, bonnie smiles, "Lead the way."
Last edited by Buster on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon looks over at the bed and asks "You want me to pay for that too or just the hammock here? By the way, don't worry about paying me back at all. Consider this both a gift and my way of apologizing to Phoebe there." while making their way to the counter.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

When Leon implies paying for everything, Rua just scowls at him.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Right...just the hammock" Leon quickly places the box on the counter and conveys a look that screamed 'I-Should've-Kept-My-Mouth-Shut'.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Nightmare, seeing nobody was looking, rose out of Rua's shadow. It pointed at the cat bed, hissed softly, and shook it's head. It placed a clawed finger and thumb over each hollow eye socket before opening the fingers like eyelids, as if to say it's eyes were always open. In other words, it never sleeps.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Noticing Ghostie and turning to watch him, her expression shifts to one of confusion at his antics. I can't be interpreting that right... she thought to herself as she set the bed aside as he seemed to be asking her to do. it was odd though, ethereal beings may not be flesh and blood, but lest she checked they still slept. even constructs needed to power down and recharge from time to time. Following leon through cash once she was without it, her mind wanders a bit.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Knowing that they were going to be around people again, Ghostie once again hid in Rua's shadow.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

With the hammock box on the counter, Leon pulls out his wallet and begins to check out, handing the cashier the money then, while taking the box and receipt, turns to Rua and asks "Where you folks parked?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda tilted her head slightly. "Hmm, I don't even remember the last time I wore a leash. But, yeah, the park and maybe some store hopping sounds pretty good. Right Alex?"

Alex walked back out of the door, having changed her dark vest and pseudo pants for a simple kind of harness that was mostly straps that showed off even more of her lean muscle. The harness also had a flashlight and some kind of canteen carried in two adjacent straps. Still had her sunglasses though. "Good enough for me. Might be like a mini vacation! Haven't had a vacation since... probably before Berlin." She stretched out lightly. "So... I'm ready, Sandy is definitely ready, Amanda looks ready. So, whenever you two lovebirds are ready then I'm sure we can head along on out of here!" She joked with a smile. Amanda gave a strange, contemplative look after Alex's joke as well as a nod, her emotions uncertain, as they fell behind the haze that still lingered from her one on one with the Matriarch.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"O-oh..." says Socks, embarrassed, as he reaches for the sash.
"Uh... Thanks, I guess..." he adds eventually, slipping the sash on.
"Are you sure it matches my collar though?" he deadpans. His expression doesn't change but he can't hide a twinkle in his eye.

"Me an' Kaylee thpent our money already..." Sandy tells Amanda sadly. "I had to get a new bag becauthe my old one wath too thmelly. I got a nithe one though and the nithe lady gave uth a great deal on it! But that meanth we can't buy any more thtuff today... We can look though!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua can't really avoid responding to that one verbally. "My folks? If you mean my parents, they're far beyond the seas." she sounds a bit confused about why he's asking about her family, unaware that in her distraction wondering about ghostie she had missed part of what he said.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:Rua can't really avoid responding to that one verbally. "My folks? If you mean my parents, they're far beyond the seas." she sounds a bit confused about why he's asking about her family, unaware that in her distraction wondering about ghostie she had missed part of what he said.
"Huh? Oh no no no...When I meant 'folks', I meant where are you and Phoebe here parked...like where's your vehicle located?" Leon then explained.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe stirred a bit. Then her eyes opened slightly. "uh? Whendid I fall zzleep?" she asked in a sleepy, slurred voice.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Oh, The truck's parked out by the alder street entran-" Rua's speech grinds to a halt when she notices Phoebe waking up, sheepishly mumbling 'sorry' before the little sleepyhead speaks up. "well, you were trying out beds and seemed to find one particularly comfy hammock." Rua explains gesturing to the box Leon is carrying.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon nods then notices Phoebe waking up before saying to Rua "Well, whenever you're ready, lead the way. Plus, it looks like Phoebe here is ready to get home and relax."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Nono..." Phoebe said, yawning. "Immawake now. Never been shopping... Want to... to see more..." Though she said that, she was already starting to nod off again in Rua's arms.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Nodding in agreement with leon, Rua grinned at her passenger as they walked, "You sure about that? Don't think I didn't notice you trying not to yawn there." she comments playfully.

as soon as they're out the doors, Rua holds up her free paw in a 'wait a moment', then 'follow me' gesture, ducking around a corner to a spot that someone had painted over with several spray cans. Runic symbols wring her wrist as she runs a claw across the stonework scratching faintly glowing purple lines into the surface in the shape of an ornately inscribed archway. There isn't really away to make all of the intricate motions without jostling Phoebe about a bit, so Rua has to set her down at one point. When she stops, they seem to fade, her Shadowgate Seal becoming solid. A physical door made of the same textureless pitch black material the cage she had put midnight in earlier. pushing on the door, it opened to show the parking lot at the field back at the house, before Rua let it shut and fade away, the substance gone and the lines looking like little more than a watermark over the cluttered jumble of spraypaint. you wouldn't notice if if you weren't looking for it. the shimmering indigo symbols that had been ringing her wrists crackling apart into dust and falling into nothing once they were no longer needed. Rua seems rather please with herself as she looks over the quick bit of work.

"There. now we can come back any time without needing the truck." she explains as she moves to take Phoebe's hand and start heading for the truck "so we don't have to see everything in one visit we can always come back, okay?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"That was...impressive" Leon quips as he watched Rua do her little thing before following her to their vehicle, "Never seen that before..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kaylee admitted, "I DO have an emergency $10 if needed, Sandy. But, these days, that probably wouldn't get a burger big enough for someone Holly's size!" She stepped back to admire the sash on Socks. "Makes you stand out a bit more, handsome."
--------------------
"Shall we see which stars are competing with you in vain tonight, Bonnie," Jake asked, eager to get the inevitable cliche out of the way quickly. He did look up, though. "Think Ursa Major's looking a bit envious, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie