Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WeirdGamer

Re: Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:Alpha followed her out, taking the cake from her hands and holding it himself.

"Mother always said to help a lady."

Alpha shifted so his box was on his shoulder before tossing out his board. He climbed atop it and moved the orders to both of his hands.

"You can get a good view from my shoulders, kitty. Hop on!"
"Oh, oh, okay..." said Beacon taken aback. She clumsily made her way up Alpha and onto his shoulder. "I'm beacon the Jaguarundi, are you Alpha, or were picking it up for someone else. And uh, is there a place I should grab on or..."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"You bet I'm Alpha, kitty. And just lock your arms around my neck, I can take it."

Alpha, with a flick of his head, knocked his goggles down over his eyes. He looked at Beacon for his cue to take off.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"You bet I'm Alpha, kitty. And just lock your arms around my neck, I can take it."

Alpha, with a flick of his head, knocked his goggles down over his eyes. He looked at Beacon for his cue to take off.
"The name is Beacon, not Kitty," said Beacon, slightly annoyed as she wrapped her arms tightly around Alpha's neck. "How would you feel if I called you 'Birddy' all the time?" She tensed for takeoff.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Fair 'nough. Sorry, Beacon."

He felt her tense and he put one foot to the ground, pushing off. He kicked the ground a couple times to gain speed before putting his foot back on the board and leaning forward. He wasn't going to fast, but he was going fast enough to have cars appears as slightly blurred rainbows.

"So, where are am I going?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"The Sea Shell Motel," yelled Beacon, Gripping him tightly. "It's right near Broken Shell Beach at the waterfront. The part of the beach near the Nuts and Bolts dinner. You can't miss it has a huge ugly sign. Know where that is?"

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Ah, bro! That's where I got the shell around my neck! Found it myself."

Alpha leans back on the board, making a turn. He yelped and slammed his foot down on the back of the board, the Extreme Gear tasting the pavement for a second as it pulled to a stop. it was anyone's worse nightmare.

Traffic.

Alpha couldn't see any open lanes and even the bike line appeared to be narrow from all the people attempting to be on the street at once. There were business people rushing around on the sidewalks. Alpha's eyes swam through the all the ruckus and he sighed as he saw his only option. He turned to Beacon again.

"Hold on as tight as you can. We're about to break some laws."

Alpha began picking up speed again. He narrowed his eyes and suddenly jumped, kicking down on the back of his board. It landed on top of a taxi, Alpha following. He had never been so thankful that Extreme Gear hovered. The only indication the driver had was him pushing off. Alpha began gliding over traffic, going faster than when he was on the sidewalk. He clutched the orders in one arm close to his chest, but being careful not the smash them, while the other was out for balance.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"Ah, bro! That's where I got the shell around my neck! Found it myself."

Alpha leans back on the board, making a turn. He yelped and slammed his foot down on the back of the board, the Extreme Gear tasting the pavement for a second as it pulled to a stop. it was anyone's worse nightmare.

Traffic.

Alpha couldn't see any open lanes and even the bike line appeared to be narrow from all the people attempting to be on the street at once. There were business people rushing around on the sidewalks. Alpha's eyes swam through the all the ruckus and he sighed as he saw his only option. He turned to Beacon again.

"Hold on as tight as you can. We're about to break some laws."

Alpha began picking up speed again. He narrowed his eyes and suddenly jumped, kicking down on the back of his board. It landed on top of a taxi, Alpha following. He had never been so thankful that Extreme Gear hovered. The only indication the driver had was him pushing off. Alpha began gliding over traffic, going faster than when he was on the sidewalk. He clutched the orders in one arm close to his chest, but being careful not the smash them, while the other was out for balance.
Beacon held onto Alpha with a death grip. Trembling, she shouted, "Could you try not to get us arrested or killed please?!" She looked at the orders, the worry clear in her eyes.

As she realized that she was just as concerned about the orders as her own well being Beacon mentally reprimanded herself. Hey, at least I have a helmet, she thought.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Oh please! I'm a professional!"

Alpha looked forward and jerked to avoid a truck, his board scraping the side a little. He pulled away from it and sped on.

"Well, sorta a professional!"

Alpha saw the Sea Shell Motel sign and launched of a car, landing on the sidewalk. He pulled into the beach, blowing up some sand as he rode across the land. He pulled up to the front of the motel and whooped.

"Now that's a ride, bro! But, I will never do it again."

Alpha's feathers were fluffed up as all get out with how scared he was. He checked Beacons cake, seeing it was still in mint-condition.

"Woo! Still good. We're here, Beacon. You can stop choking me."
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Yes, ma'am. and with any luck, you'll be using some of my inventions next time you're in the field." he replied playfully as he took back the bag. and ut it over his shoulder. "lead the way."
~\Rook/~ wrote:Serge kept his eyes on the Lion, making sure he would do as he's asked.
"Don't get ahead of yourself." She stated as they left the holding area and started heading back to the main gate. Well aware of the Sergent watching them go.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"Oh please! I'm a professional!"

Alpha looked forward and jerked to avoid a truck, his board scraping the side a little. He pulled away from it and sped on.

"Well, sorta a professional!"

Alpha saw the Sea Shell Motel sign and launched of a car, landing on the sidewalk. He pulled into the beach, blowing up some sand as he rode across the land. He pulled up to the front of the motel and whooped.

"Now that's a ride, bro! But, I will never do it again."

Alpha's feathers were fluffed up as all get out with how scared he was. He checked Beacons cake, seeing it was still in mint-condition.

"Woo! Still good. We're here, Beacon. You can stop choking me."
Beacon was shaking like a leaf, but managed to pry herself off of Alpha. She fell to the ground and remained sitting there for a moment in silence.

Finally she said, "That...was...awesome!!!" She raised her arms in euphoric triumph and fell backwards, keeping her arms raised. "Oh man..." She was breathing heavily. "So much adrenaline in one morning. Thanks Alpha."

Settling down, she finally sat up and asked, "Is the stuff alright?"

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Yeah, cake's fine."

Alpha hands it to her. He begins to get hype himself.

"That was nothing! You should try being in air! That's where the real fun begins!"
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:"Don't get ahead of yourself." She stated as they left the holding area and started heading back to the main gate. Well aware of the Sergent watching them go.
"I'm always ahead of myself," Forge replied. "It's how I make stuff so fast."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Katt turns slightly as they walk, an odd expression on her face as she looks at Forge, before tactlessly stating, "That's... Stupid. And absurd. How have you not blown yourself up yet?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"You say that like I haven't," Forge chuckled. "Luckily I haven't messed with anything that can do much damage exploding."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Serge followed the Corpral and civilian out the interrogation building keeping watch on the two until they passed the second barracks building, then turned to head for the firing range. No training was scheduled today, so he had nothing better to do..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"Yeah, cake's fine."

Alpha hands it to her. He begins to get hype himself.

"That was nothing! You should try being in air! That's where the real fun begins!"
She stood up and took the cake, flashing a grateful smile. "Thanks. I'll take you up on your offer when I don't have to make sure some fragile is delivered safely."

Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom busied himself handing out samples to children and adults alike, occasionally returning to the back to make more samples and more cupcakes to match the display ones. He helped people decide on what kind of cake they would need and even helped design a wedding cake for a couple. Occasional accidents were remedied with replacements but these were few and far between.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Danny had stayed up until 2am working on some research notes about ocean currents and had just woken up when he went out of the Sea Shell Motel to pick up the Congratulations cake from the bakery, not knowing that the manager had already sent someone to pick it up. With shoes and some fingerless gloves on, the sea otter took a taxi over to the bakery.

As he walked in, he didn't even notice that the cake that he ordered was already walking out the door due to him not having enough sleep.
In fact, because he was so tired, he decided to sit down at a table in the bakery just to wake himself up a bit before picking up the order.
Deske wrote:Artyom busied himself handing out samples to children and adults alike, occasionally returning to the back to make more samples and more cupcakes to match the display ones. He helped people decide on what kind of cake they would need and even helped design a wedding cake for a couple. Occasional accidents were remedied with replacements but these were few and far between.
"Besides, the baker is already busy, so he wouldn't mind if I just had... 5 more minutes of... sleep... zzz...
The otter had fallen asleep at the table. How unprofessional! :/
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom noticed the otter walk in and sit down at a table. He chuckled, it wasn't too out of the ordinary for someone to fall asleep in the bakery, the smells, the atmosphere, all fairly relaxing. But he didn't look like a college kid, he didn't have a laptop or anything. Must have one of those fancy new holographic data pads or something, Artyom thought to himself.

During a lull, Artyom walked over and gave the otter a gentle shake, "Hey, wake up. You want anything whi
le you study? Drink, sandwich?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"You say that like I haven't," Forge chuckled. "Luckily I haven't messed with anything that can do much damage exploding."
"have to make sure the infirmary are on standby any time you're on base then..." she muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes. they were almost back at the gate now.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Artyom noticed the otter walk in and sit down at a table. He chuckled, it wasn't too out of the ordinary for someone to fall asleep in the bakery, the smells, the atmosphere, all fairly relaxing. But he didn't look like a college kid, he didn't have a laptop or anything. Must have one of those fancy new holographic data pads or something, Artyom thought to himself.

During a lull, Artyom walked over and gave the otter a gentle shake, "Hey, wake up. You want anything whi
le you study? Drink, sandwich?"
Danny woke up slowly, eyes blinking open and sweeping away the sleep.
"Oh, sorry! I actually came here for a cake order." Danny said. "But I took the opportunity to nap for a bit... er, how long was I asleep?" Danny asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom grinned, "About 24 hours. I just left you here since you seemed 3 steps away from being dead and I figured you needed the sleep." He walked back behind the counter, "So, what kind of cake can I get for you?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Artyom grinned, "About 24 hours. I just left you here since you seemed 3 steps away from being dead and I figured you needed the sleep." He walked back behind the counter, "So, what kind of cake can I get for you?"
Danny checked the clock and saw it was only a couple minutes and nodded.
"The cake should be for the Sea Shell Motel" the otter replied.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom nodded, "I see," He scrolls through the list of orders, "Interesting, two cakes for the same place. It would have been much easier to have them both ordered on the same order. What kind of cake do you want?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Artyom nodded, "I see," He scrolls through the list of orders, "Interesting, two cakes for the same place. It would have been much easier to have them both ordered on the same order. What kind of cake do you want?"
"Actually, there should be only one cake on the order, and we had it ordered yesterday." the otter said. "Has someone else already picked it up?" he asked.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom smiled, "Yes, they just left actually. From what I guessed, they are probably already back at the motel."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote: She stood up and took the cake, flashing a grateful smile. "Thanks. I'll take you up on your offer when I don't have to make sure some fragile is delivered safely."
Alpha smiled pushed his goggles back up, walking over and holding the door open for the cat. A smile flashed on his beak and he nodded toward the inside of the building.

"After you. And before you say, 'Oh, you don't have to stay', I want to. See if there's anything I can help with."
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote: She stood up and took the cake, flashing a grateful smile. "Thanks. I'll take you up on your offer when I don't have to make sure some fragile is delivered safely."
Alpha smiled pushed his goggles back up, walking over and holding the door open for the cat. A smile flashed on his beak and he nodded toward the inside of the building.

"After you. And before you say, 'Oh, you don't have to stay', I want to. See if there's anything I can help with."
"Oooookay," said Beacon, making her way through the door. "What is it about me that makes you want to help so much," she asked cheekily as she made her way to the front desk.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I'm a nice guy to pretty ladies."

Alphas feathers went 100% FLOOF after he said that. He coughed into his hands and he was sure he was buying through his feathers.

"P-Pretend I didn't say anything."
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Right, no problem," said Beacon awkwardly.

She put the cake on the desk and stood on tip toe to look over the top. "Hey Rob, got that cake for Ms. Rose. A tired looking man in a cheap bellhop outfit put down the tablet he was using and looked over the counter. "That was fast. I'll letter her know."

"Thanks Rob," replied Beacon. She took off her helmet and plucked a small piece of paper from it. "That's one thing off of my to do list."
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:"have to make sure the infirmary are on standby any time you're on base then..." she muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes. they were almost back at the gate now.
"Thanks for not just turning me away, by the way," Forge said to his escort.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Don't. That wasn't my call." She stated, her tone flat and devoid of emotion. If it had been you'd be in a cell overnight for suspicious activity, and wouldn't have gotten your hardware back.

They were at the gate now, So Katt took up the post the private's now absent partner had previously occupied, another soldier having taken up the opposite position while they were gone.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well, you could have just turned me away without asking anyone," he chuckled as he reached into his backpack and took out the hover attachments. "well, I'll see you around." he was quickly attaching the boosters to his shoes. "Have a nice day," he added as he took off towards the city.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:"Right, no problem," said Beacon awkwardly.

She put the cake on the desk and stood on tip toe to look over the top. "Hey Rob, got that cake for Ms. Rose. A tired looking man in a cheap bellhop outfit put down the tablet he was using and looked over the counter. "That was fast. I'll letter her know."

"Thanks Rob," replied Beacon. She took off her helmet and plucked a small piece of paper from it. "That's one thing off of my to do list."
Alpha walked inside as well, his feathers fluttering back down. He looked around, it was while since he was in here. Alpha looked out the window, at the waves. Darn, how he wanted to surf.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Let's see," mumbled Beacon as she read her list, "Next I have to go check on the juice bar at the beach."She put the list back in her helmet and put the helmet back on her head.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

When Beacon said they would be going to the beach, Alpha discreetly fist pumped. He moved his ukulele to his front and trapped it under his arm. Oh yeah, he would totally be playing a song when they got out there.
My characters!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Artyom smiled, "Yes, they just left actually. From what I guessed, they are probably already back at the motel."
"Ah. I see... Well, thank you for your help." the otter said. "I haven't had breakfast yet, so would you suggest anything?"
Danny asked, getting up and looking at the assortment of pastries and other goodies.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"We have an assortment of breakfast type foods. Sausages wrapped in a biscuit, biscuits with various fillings, cheeses, meats and such. Of course, the regular pastries work as breakfast food as well depending on your definition of them." He moved over to a case containing what he had described, various biscuits with cheese filling, meats, vegetables, things for eating on the go as well.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

After tearing apart six targets, Serge thought it best not to use anymore. The recruits will need them tomorrow.. He packed the rifle he used back in it's case, then headed for his RV which was parked between the two barracks, his usual parking spot.

The RV itself looks like a large city bus built for accomodation instead of transport, but the roof is higtened and the chassis is heavy-duty to bear (No pun intended..) the extra size and weight. It also has an extending side-panel for extra room inside, but only when parked.

Serge heads to the front, gets in the driving seat and turns the start key. It rumbles loudly as the engine spurs to life, automaticly closing the side-panel ready to drive. The bear shifts in his seat, then presses on the gas pedal, lurching the vehicle forward. He slowly rolls it along to the front gate and stops, opening his window as he pulls the brake. He looks to the Corpral and waves for her to come closer..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Danny looks at the breakfast type foods and nods.
"How about something sweet?" he asks.