Every Inch a King

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

ctcmjh

Every Inch a King

Post by ctcmjh »

I've been running this fanfic in my head for a while now, I decided to write it! It's mainly about King, but in later chapters I might diverge a little for a mini-story about Sasha, Fox, Bino, Max and/or Fido. And yes, the title is from King Lear.

(( I believe Rick said that the pets live twice as long in Housepets as they do in the real life. So when King tells the other dogs his age, and he says he’s 6, that’s in dog years. In human years, that would make him 21))

Bold means yelling or putting emphasis on a word
Italics means thinking or written word
********** means that the story shifted to a different scene
((AN: Text here)) is Authors Notes.

~Chapter One~

King lay in his bed, trying to get back to sleep. He had woken up a while ago, but he didn’t feel like getting up. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get back to sleep. After trying for a little longer to sleep, he gave up. King stretched as he got out of his bed and made his way to the kitchen. He was about to call for Pete to give him his food, but he saw a note in Pete’s handwriting on the counter, ‘Dear King, I will be away for the next two days. Please be good and don’t do anything you’re not allowed to. Take care, Pete.’

As soon as King read that, he ran for the fridge. He threw it open and marveled in the beauty of human food. He reached up and grabbed some eggs and bacon. He quickly got out a pan, and a spatula. He fried the eggs and cooked the bacon. King savored every bite as he ate his breakfast. This was the first time in weeks he had eaten something other than dog-food. He waked over to the couch and sat down, turning the TV on. He started watching a political satire show on Comedy Central. The man who hosted the show was sarcastically hilarious. King loved his show when he was human, but he had little interest in politics as a dog. He flipped the channel until he came across a movie he’d watched before and enjoyed. After settling in, he heard the doorbell ring. King groaned as he had to get off his comfy seat. He answered the door to Fox, wagging his tail, looking really happy, “Hey King, how are you?”

“I’m doing great actually. My owner’s away for a few days on business, so I’m home alone.” King said enthusiastically.

“That sounds fun! Do you want to go the the Good ol’ Dog’s Club?” Fox asked him.

“Of course.” King said as he followed King out the door.

When King walked out of the door, he saw that Joey, Rex and Bino were waiting for them near the gate. King and Fox met up with them, “Hey guys.” King said.

“Hey King, you look pretty happy today.” Fido said.

“Yeah, my owner’s out of town for the next few days.” King told them.

“Why would you be happy about that?” Rex asked.

“Well, he‘s just not the nicest guy.” King said.

The other dogs nodded as if they understood, except Bino, “That’s cool and all, but we’re almost late for the meeting!” Bino said, trying to hurry them up.

“Bino, the meeting doesn’t start for another hour. And I can see the clubhouse from here.” Fido told him.

“Well, we still need to plan things! As leaders of the Good ol’ Dog’s Club, you all should be there that early!” Bino told them.

Bino and Fido had recently agreed to electing a board of members to help them run the club. The club almost unanimously voted to elect Rex, Fox, King and Joey into the positions. They had also voted for Peanut, but because he was a cat-lover, Bino didn’t want him to lead. He said it set a ‘Bad Example.’

The clubhouse really was just a short walk away, and they were the only ones there right now. They started to set the place up for the meeting by setting up tables and chairs. Fido went up to the lecturn as the others went to a table, “Alright, I’ll call this meeting of the Good ol’ Dog’s Good ol’ Leaders to order. All of us are here, so does anybody have anything they want to talk about at the meeting?” Fido asked them.

The dog’s thought for a minute, and none of them could think of anything that important, “Alright, are there any important dates coming up?” Fido asked.

When Fido said the word, ‘date’, Bino’s glared at him, “Don’t say that word.” He said coldly.

Bino didn’t want to hear the word ‘date’ as well as many others including, ‘love’ ‘girlfriend’ ‘kiss’ and anything having to do with that subject. But there is one word that he really really didn’t want to hear, and that word was ‘Sasha.’ The last time somebody said it, Bino simply walked out of the meeting and went home. Bino and Sasha had recently broken up, for good this time. She told him that she felt like he didn’t care about her anymore. The breakup was hard on Bino, but he was doing a little better.

“Sorry, Bino. So are there any important events coming up?” Fido asked.

King shot his hand up, “It’s my birthday in two days.” He said.

“Congratulations! How old will you be?” Fido asked.

“I’ll be twe- I mean I’ll be…” King did the math in his head, “I’ll be six.” He told them.

“We’re going to throw you a huge party!” Fox said, as the others agreed.

The time flew as they were talking, and soon enough, the other members started to arrive. Fido started the meeting as usual, and it was a pretty typical meeting. King had invited Fox to come over to his house now that Pete was away. Pete never said to not have friends over, but King had a feeling Pete didn't want any company. As they entered the house, King turned on the lights and turned around, "Mi casa es su casa."

King gave Fox a quick tour of his house, and then they went back to the living room. King remembered something, "Hey Fox, I just remembered I got a new toy I hadn't shown you!" King said.

"Cool! Let me see it!" Fox said.

King wagged his little tail as he dug around in the closet for it. King found it and brought it out, "It's a squeaky bone, that actually tastes like meat!" King said right before they started playing.

After a few hours of playing, the two dogs agreed to have Fox spend the night. Fox slept on the couch as King slept in his bed.
End of Chapter 1

So please, R&R!
Last edited by ctcmjh on Sat May 29, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Re: Every Inch a King

Post by Neko »

I like it so far :)
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Thanks! I'll be sure to update soon!
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Awesome! Can't wait for more! :D
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Intresting fanfic comrade. Looking forward to more chapters to come.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

~Chapter 2~

King woke up earlier than he normally did. As he did, Fox was just waking up as well, “Morning Fox.”

“Morning King. That was fun last night, wanna go again?” Fox asked.

King laughed, “Let’s go!” He said as he lunged for the squeaky toy.

After playing with the toy for at least an hour and a half, Fox said he had to go. They walked halfway to Fox’s house as King went off in the direction of the park. When he arrived at the park, he found it almost empty. As much as King loved playing with the other dogs, he liked to relax every now and then. He often went to the park and laid down, to do just that; relax. As he lay down, he began thinking about his life as Joel. He missed being human, but he had gotten used to being a dog. He even started to like being a dog better than human.

While thinking, he didn’t notice that he had company, “Hi King!” A familiar voice said.

King was so surprised he jumped, “Sasha! Don’t scare me!”

“Your so fun to scare! You always jump so high!” She joked, “So what are you doing?”

“Nothing really. My owner’s out of town for a while, so I’m just doing whatever I want to do.”

“That sounds like fun! So what are you gonna do?” She asked.

“I was just going to hang out in the park for a while. You can tag along if you want.” King offered.

“Okay! I had nothing else to do anyways.” She said as King stood up.

They walked down one of the hiking trails that ran through the woods. They started talking about their days, about the weather, and any other small-talk that either of them thought of. King and Sasha often took these walks together, even when she was still dating Bino. It helped both of them cope with their owners. Both of their owners weren't the best pet owners. Sasha’s dad never hit her, but he often locked her out and yelled at her. And on top of being a manipulative magical blue griffin disguised as a human who turned him into a dog, Pete could be a real jerk.

After walking for a bit, King spoke up, “Hey Sasha, I’m sorry about you and Bino.”

“Thanks King. But I had a feeling we were gonna break up soon. He was always so obsessed in his schemes, he never had any time for me.” She said, a little disappointed.

“Yeah, Bino can be inconsiderate sometimes. You deserve better than that.” King said.

“Aw, thanks King!” She said as they kept walking and talking.

When they reached the end of the loop-trail, they ended back at the park. And they were talking about a recent party that Fido had thrown.

“Yeah, that party was really fun!” Sasha laughed.

“I’ll say. And speaking of parties, my birthday’s in two days.” King told her.

“I love birthday parties! Where is it?” She exclaimed.

“I don’t know, Fido and Fox said they were going to throw me a party.”

“That sounds great! Fido’s real good at throwing parties! And so is Fox!”

“That’s good! I can’t wait for it.” King said happily.

They walked a little ways into the park, and they heard Sasha’s dad call her name, “Sorry, King. I gotta go. I’ll be back soon! And I won’t miss your party!”

“Alright Sasha. I’ll see you later.” King said as they hugged and Sasha ran off in the direction of her dad’s voice.

As King watched her leave, he thought of how she was probably one of his closest friends now. Fox was his only other really close friend, and both Fox and Sasha helped him, especially on the last Christmas.
((FLASHBACK!))
King stormed through the streets, he just wanted to go home. He thought that Bino was simply breaking the ice with a gift, he never expected it to be a catnip bomb. King kept mumbling things about how he wished he could be human, and how much he hated dogs. As he walked angrily, an unfamiliar female voice called out to him, “Hey cat!” The girl dog said as she run up to him, “Oh sorry, you smelled like a cat. Also nitro.” She said apologetically.

She looked at his tears and her ears flattened, “Are you crying? Is something wrong?” She asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

She paused for a second, then smiled, “It’s okay if you don’t wanna say, I’ll just walk with you cause it’s always nice to have someone around!” She said very chipper.

“I don’t want anyone following me either.”

She looked disheartened, “Oh okay, sorry…”

King started to walk away, but when he heard the sound of her sitting on the snow, he turned back, “…Aren’t you going to go home?”

She sighed, “No, Daddy locked me out again ‘cause I didn’t get him any babes at the party. I think he just forgets when he’s mad.” She said as she turned away and stared off into the distance.

King started to cry a little more. He knew how it felt to be alone on the streets. How lonely it could be. He looked up into the sky and sighed, calming his tears.
“Scootch over.” He said as he sat down next to her.

Her mood perked up immediately, “Oh boy! It’ll be like a sleepover! Except without beds or pillows, and it’s freezing cold and there’s no food!”

That forced a small chuckle out of King, “I’m King, what’s your name?” He asked.

“I’m Sasha!”
(END FLASHBACK)

As King stood watching Sasha leave, he failed to realize another dog was watching him from behind a tree, “King?! She left me for King! I’ll get him! I knew he was up to no good!” King's stalker said as he ran off.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Looking good so far. :)
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

hehe. lol, bino. XD

Anyways, What he said. :D
This has made it to my top 3 favorite fanfictions there are. :P Can't wait for more!
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Thanks! I'll try to get chapter 3 done ASAP!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ctcmjh wrote:Thanks! I'll try to get chapter 3 done ASAP!

Just take your time on it and try not to rush it.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Alright, I won't rush it. :D
The Game

Post by The Game »

but by 'don't rush it' you mean you'll hurry up
please?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The Game wrote:but by 'don't rush it' you mean you'll hurry up
please?
Don't worry, I'll try to have it finished by tonight. But no promises ;)
The Game

Post by The Game »

sigh...
Now I have to type up my story. I was hoping this would be a distraction from doing that...
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

A fun read. I like what I see so far.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Bino! Bino! Bino! I don't care if he's the 'bad guy', that is an awesome way to enter a scene! Love this, nice job CT!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Wow, you guys reminded me of this fic I wrote! Now I want to finish it! I'll get to work on it starting Saturday. I'll start then because that's when school is officially over FOR GOOD! Well, except college.
Adeptis

Post by Adeptis »

Good story ^.^
valerio

Post by valerio »

interesting reading. Wanna more!
shwabadi

Post by shwabadi »

One of my favorite fanfics! Real potential! Keep it up