HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Niner was running now, although he had done nothing wrong he was enjoying the fitness center of the ship by running laps on the running track. his cybernetic eye had made a game of it to make it seem he was racing. by his own sight there was a visual line from his last lap and a time on the top left and he was racing his "ghost". it wouldnt be long untill he heard a beep at the end of the run showing he lost time by .03 seconds. then a small alarm from his ears that made him shake his head. he had to check on the cat morgana. with a few pants to cool off the fox stood to stretch then began to make his way back to the operating room.

_small time lapse_

"15 minutes to make it here" niner thought as he looked at the machines connected to morgana. much of the repair had been accelerated. it would be a good time to wake her up form her sleep. though the fox was hesitant he decided to take blame on anything and let a small amount of adrenaline be injected through the IV to wake the cat from her sleep.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:The two made their way the ticketing counter and proceeded to get their ticketing information synced to Enrique's wristband and Miguel's memory bank. "Well, I think I'm going to go find something to eat. Feel free to do whatever, but be back here before the play starts."

Miguel gave him a nod as they parted ways once more.
Returning from the pub, Kelly sees Miguel outside the theatre.
"Hello again, Miguel. How has your afternoon been?" she greets her fellow droid.

~~~~~~~~
"Flash? I met him earlier, He's cool. Uh, excuse my overhearing, Dr. Volken." Makani interjects politely.
"Handlers? Do you not have an owner?" the cat queries. Like Avery, he's also aware that he'll need to eat soon and hopes the food will be brought out soon. He has the tact not to mention it though and knows better than to ask about Avery's patient.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that, Tom." Dan quips. His expression is jovial and his tone jocular but there's still a certain intensity in his gaze which is intended to remind Tom of where he is and what's expected of a representative of the company in a formal setting.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Ah. Righd Misder Bozz Man..."
"Here. Take this. You sound ridiculous." Beta hands Tom something that looks like a nasal spray. Tom put it in his bleeding nose and pushed the button. It squirted some kind of medicine and Tom repressed the urge to sneeze. His nose instantly stopped bleeding.
"*sniff* Uh. Thanks buddy." He looks back at Dan with an innocent smile on his face, knowing what Dan's look meant. "All right, Mr. Sir. I'll behave. Just trying to show what a fun group our company is."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Nope! Not really anyways. Since the day I was born I was trained to be a top-notch therapy dog and physiologist! I mean, don't get me wrong, I got lots of pets and treats and love too. My handlers are kind of like my family, and I do miss them. But this is a fun and exciting new adventure! And I could always call them on the phone anyways so they're not really too far away." Avery finished with a musical hum.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel turned towards the source of his name,
"Rather informative, thank you for asking.
I've learned a good deal about the ship and it's workings, mostly the theater, but learning is an ongoing process. Otherwise, I haven't been doing much. Right now I've been told that I can 'basically do whatever' until the play starts."
He smiled and returned the question, "How about you? Advertising the play?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis shifted into the chair next to her and echoed her stroking his cheek by stroking hers as he felt his heart in his throat. He looked at her and his senses swam as he tried to close the gap the first time. So he tried again, closing his eyes this time...
He opened them again as he felt his face touch... something. Mike Cod, he thought absurdly, Bullseye! He decided he liked it and wondered what now?
Tegan responded with as much softness, just barely touching his tongue. And when she stopped, her tailtip was swishing. "Like a true gentlefur. Hmm, you know what I find funny?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner was running now, although he had done nothing wrong he was enjoying the fitness center of the ship by running laps on the running track. his cybernetic eye had made a game of it to make it seem he was racing. by his own sight there was a visual line from his last lap and a time on the top left and he was racing his "ghost". it wouldnt be long untill he heard a beep at the end of the run showing he lost time by .03 seconds. then a small alarm from his ears that made him shake his head. he had to check on the cat morgana. with a few pants to cool off the fox stood to stretch then began to make his way back to the operating room.
_small time lapse_
"15 minutes to make it here" niner thought as he looked at the machines connected to morgana. much of the repair had been accelerated. it would be a good time to wake her up form her sleep. though the fox was hesitant he decided to take blame on anything and let a small amount of adrenaline be injected through the IV to wake the cat from her sleep.
Slowly, the cat opened her eyes...
She groaned, before saying in a raspy voice, "Ugh. Tuna breath..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis looked into her eyes and his ears took a minute to send Tegans' question to his brain. "I don't know," he admitted, putting a hand on her shoulder, "what?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis looked into her eyes and his ears took a minute to send Tegans' question to his brain. "I don't know," he admitted, putting a hand on her shoulder, "what?"
"Heh, I thought you were quite the expert, what with being so famous and sure to have a nice ladykitty ready to swoon at your command."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Every kiss was on the cheek and for cameras," Francis said in a low voice, trying not to tremble. "There's no cameras here, these are all for you. And that's a first." He kissed her lightly again.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"True. We do pride ourselves on providing for our employees and creating a friendly workspace. We always remember how important and serious our work is though, don't we, Tom?"

~~~~~~~~
"Oh yeah. Phones and Skype and suchlike make the world much smaller these days!" Makani agrees. "So do you know if you'll be getting much time off or will you mostly be working?"

~~~~~~~~
"No. I'm currently off-duty too, due to a systems update of our remote ticketing and communications systems. Have you any plans for the rest of the evening until the play?"

~~~~~~~~
Once Francis and Tegan have come up for air, Zoe approaches with a tray containing two tall drinks, a plate with a sizeable cob of crispy, brown-crusted bread still warm from the oven, a small dish with a pat of herb butter and bread knives and bread plates for the pair. This is all held perfectly balanced on one paw.
"Ahem. Do excuse me. I have your drinks and herb bread. One strong cider, one ale with foam thick enough to sleep on, and one cob of our delicious, fresh bread with a pat of herb butter and plates and knives for the both of you. Enjoy, and do feel free to place your meal orders at the bar whenever you're ready."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Every kiss was on the cheek and for cameras," Francis said in a low voice, trying not to tremble. "There's no cameras here, these are all for you. And that's a first." He kissed her lightly again.
And again she returned it, acting politely to the benefit of modesty. "What a talented actor, I must say. I was already fearing I'd have to fight my way to your heart against a horde of the most ferocious ladies...and some tomboys as well. Heh."
Hlaoroo wrote:Once Francis and Tegan have come up for air, Zoe approaches with a tray containing two tall drinks, a plate with a sizeable cob of crispy, brown-crusted bread still warm from the oven, a small dish with a pat of herb butter and bread knives and bread plates for the pair. This is all held perfectly balanced on one paw.
"Ahem. Do excuse me. I have your drinks and herb bread. One strong cider, one ale with foam thick enough to sleep on, and one cob of our delicious, fresh bread with a pat of herb butter and plates and knives for the both of you. Enjoy, and do feel free to place your meal orders at the bar whenever you're ready."
Tegan's pupils became most definitely round as she examined the rich food on her plates. "I want *never* to leave this ship!" she squealed -it was difficult to determine if she meant her relationship or the place...
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel shook his head, "Not right now," he replied, "I'm not really sure what there is to do around here. I figured that I could do a little bit if exploring."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"True. We do pride ourselves on providing for our employees and creating a friendly workspace. We always remember how important and serious our work is though, don't we, Tom?"
"Yessir! Very serious work! Everything's important, even when it's not!" He said, as his heads up display continued to (seemingly) pointlessly play a holographic game of pong
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you," Francis said to Zoe as she placed the plates and pints down. "I have to deny the accusations of being an actor," he proclaimed theatrically. "Why dost thou doubt my declarations of innocence in the acting regard, sweet and beautiful maiden?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you," Francis said to Zoe as she placed the plates and pints down. "I have to deny the accusations of being an actor," he proclaimed theatrically. "Why dost thou doubt my declarations of innocence in the acting regard, sweet and beautiful maiden?"
"For, my most brave and handsome Sir, is it not the life of an actor filled with drama, excitement, and everlasting fun? Oh!" she spread out her harm, the other stuck to her chest, "How could a mere mortal maid such as *me* to live up to one such as *thee*?!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nay, not a maid in these eyes of mine," Francis chuckled, offering Tegan a chunk of buttered bread, "but a lady of fine nobility who has sought to hide her light and now glows with a light that breaks apart shadows and consigns darkness to its' fate." He took a draw from his drink.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Niner smiled before chuckling, "Take things slow.....yoir body needs to get used to being active again." the cyfox said as he moves the sest to adjust with the cat
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nay, not a maid in these eyes of mine," Francis chuckled, offering Tegan a chunk of buttered bread, "but a lady of fine nobility who has sought to hide her light and now glows with a light that breaks apart shadows and consigns darkness to its' fate." He took a draw from his drink.
She grinned like a lynx. "Ohh, the charmer. To think that the nicest thing I was always said is that I am 'functional'."
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner smiled before chuckling, "Take things slow.....yoir body needs to get used to being active again." the cyfox said as he moves the sest to adjust with the cat
Her nose quivered. "Smells...It's been so long since I smelled anything and...Ew!" she made a face. "I need to wash. I need to consume my tongue. Ew ew ew!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis looked almost offended. "Who'd be callow enough to use a word like functional when perfection is far more accurate?" He shook his head. "Can't be an ani-droid did it. Must have been an envious human."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

"itll pass, just dont overwork yourself ok? Get used to moving arms and legs and so on."Niner said as he moves away to roll a small table up and reveal a bowl of soup and a sandwich with chips and drinks.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm...". Avery tapped a finger on the side of her muzzle as she thought. "I don't think I'm expected to be at the ward at all times of the day. Probably just scheduled times. Whenever someone books an hour or so slot with me I'll make sure I'm there! So depending how how many people on this ship needs to consult a physiologist it'll be... that much!" Avery nods, "Hopefully I don't get too many patients, I want to make time to explore the ship and eat new kinds of food!" With a slight hop she hugs Makani out of the blue. "And hang out with new friends too!"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis looked almost offended. "Who'd be callow enough to use a word like functional when perfection is far more accurate?" He shook his head. "Can't be an ani-droid did it. Must have been an envious human."
"Humans are by nature envious of our perfection. Why do you think they put animals so much in their culture? How's your food?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Only buttered... I mean, uh, bettered by the company," Francis said, wondering if the floor might swallow him now. "Shall I go order, pretty lady?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"True. I don't think one could ever run out of places to explore on this ship. Assuming one is organic with the associated limited lifespan, that is. Have you been provided with a map of the city yet?"

~~~~~~~~
"Mmhmm... So, Beta. How do you find working with Tom, and by extension, with our company?"

~~~~~~~~
Makani is taken by surprise by the hug but soon returns it in a friendly manner. "Sounds like a great plan to me! So... We didn't get to talk much before. What do you like to do for fun when you're not working?" Releasing the dog, the cat slips a glucose pill into his mouth, acutely aware of the time that's passed since his insulin injection.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh, working with Tom has been a blast. Literally!" Beta said with a grin. "He's a great teacher. It's a lot easier to learn things when he makes them so fun to learn. As for the company, it's pretty much the only family I've had, so yeah! Working there is great!"
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Oh! Good question! Hmm. Well as of now... I'm not sure... I actually still haven't had the chance to drop by my place of residents and there are many emenities this ship had to offer that I haven't explored yet. So for now... discovery will be my main source of entertainment!" She does a small dance.
"Mmh, but before... I was veeeery busy. But I got breaks to play with my handlers. We'd go outside and get fresh air! Or when the weather wasn't as good there were all sorts of games. My favorite thing to do though it play frisbee golf at the park. Or just frisbee. Or a ball... or just anything that involves following an object moving through the air really." Her tail wags fast.
"What about you Makani? What do you do in your leisure time?"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Only buttered... I mean, uh, bettered by the company," Francis said, wondering if the floor might swallow him now. "Shall I go order, pretty lady?"
"Aw, did I tell you already that you keep looking cuter and cuter? Is that your secret seduction weapon?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I..." Francis looked confused. "...have no idea what to say to that. Would you... Ooh I should have said 'in time I'll b as beautiful as you', shouldn't I? WWell, it's the truth." He stroked her under her chin. "Shall I order?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel shook his head, "Not yet. I've been navigating using the various signals that internet capable devices send out. Though, I haven't had a lack of destination until now."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I..." Francis looked confused. "...have no idea what to say to that. Would you... Ooh I should have said 'in time I'll b as beautiful as you', shouldn't I? WWell, it's the truth." He stroked her under her chin. "Shall I order?"
"Go for it and save the night."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Mmph. 'Scuse the eating. Gotta keep my blood glucose up. I wonder when they'll bring the food. Anyway, I like to keep myself active. I almost always get in my thirty minutes daily. Er, thirty minutes of exercise, that is. There was a big advertising campaign about that here called "Find Thirty". But anyway, yeah. When I'm not exercising I often read. I also write a bit of poetry and some stories. I actually have two anthologies published, believe it or not. Not to toot my own horn or anything." Makani grins. "And I nap a lot. I am a cat after all."

~~~~~~~~
"That's good. I'm glad to hear it. Why don't you tell Dr. Volken and our colleagues what kinds of things you do aside from being a proof of concept?"

~~~~~~~~
"I can send you a map if you wish. Have you discovered anything interesting or fun in your travels?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"All right." Beta turns to Volken and the others. "Outside of being proof of concept for combining plant and animal genetics, I'm also a biological engineer myself. I make genetically modified plants mostly. Fruits and vegetables that grow larger with half the sunlight, or naturally repel insects. Rice that has a higher nutritional value, things like that. I'm also in charge of keeping Tom from destroying anything."

"Oh? If that's part of your job, you've been doing a smashing job. OW!" Beta had kicked Tom under the table.
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"All right." Beta turns to Volken and the others. "Outside of being proof of concept for combining plant and animal genetics, I'm also a biological engineer myself. I make genetically modified plants mostly. Fruits and vegetables that grow larger with half the sunlight, or naturally repel insects. Rice that has a higher nutritional value, things like that. I'm also in charge of keeping Tom from destroying anything."

"Oh? If that's part of your job, you've been doing a smashing job. OW!" Beta had kicked Tom under the table.
"Are you" Volken asked surprised. "I mean, it takes so many years to reach such a level of expertise, any animal, even in the best conditions, would be near death by old age by the time he or she acquires enough technical knowledge."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Any animal, perhaps, But trees live quite a long time! So am I an animal, or am I a plant?"

"Actually, with all of the tinkering they did with his genes, I think they just tinkered with his mental development while they were at it."

Beta looked at him stunned. "Wow. Not ONE joke in that entire sentence! Are you feeling all right?"

"Hey, jokes require some sort of set up. You didn't give me much to work with. Any joke I made would be quite wooden." Tom grinned.

"There we go. Back to normal."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis headed up to the bar and, when approached, placed the order for himself and Tegan. he thanked the servitor before heading back to the lady. "It'll be a few moments," he said as he pulled his chair in. "What do you think of this current situation anyhow?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"Any animal, perhaps, But trees live quite a long time! So am I an animal, or am I a plant?"
"Actually, with all of the tinkering they did with his genes, I think they just tinkered with his mental development while they were at it."
Beta looked at him stunned. "Wow. Not ONE joke in that entire sentence! Are you feeling all right?"
"Hey, jokes require some sort of set up. You didn't give me much to work with. Any joke I made would be quite wooden." Tom grinned.
"There we go. Back to normal."
"Hmm, possible. I would really like to see the specifics one day...I mean, my droids do use byosynthetic CPUs, they could use any improvement. They, or the next mark."
Asur put up a snobbish expression. "Tss, as if *I* needed eny improvement at all!"
Jemmy sipped a drink from his glass -not that he needed it, but he had been taught to sample liquids in order to examine them down to their last molecules. Especially when, given today's technologies, information could be literally carried via liquid means. In the meantime, he had decided he liked some human creations. "Admit it, You would love to be upgraded with a nuclear bomb."
Asur's eyes went dreamy and he sighed happily. "Oh, to carry destruction all over yer guilty heads, o sinners..."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis headed up to the bar and, when approached, placed the order for himself and Tegan. he thanked the servitor before heading back to the lady. "It'll be a few moments," he said as he pulled his chair in. "What do you think of this current situation anyhow?"
"Hm? Sorry, what do you mean?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well everyone seems to be after my opinion on this new city," Francis explained, paws wide, "possibly because of a father who might well try to establish business relationships there by the end of the week - but I've not had a chance to ask others what they think. So what do you think?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well everyone seems to be after my opinion on this new city," Francis explained, paws wide, "possibly because of a father who might well try to establish business relationships there by the end of the week - but I've not had a chance to ask others what they think. So what do you think?"
"Oh. Sorry. Well, I think that great changes can come from this floating think-tank. For ezample, here are the most important representative of a global private consortium to colonize Mars. They came to refine their strategies so that by 2020, the Blue Horizon will depart with the colonist bunch. And we're talking about big numbers. By next year, the first automated launches carrying droids and materials will be a reality. All of this after signing piles of agreements about peaceful colonizing.
"Then there are the 'civilians', the winners of the lotteries, who are supposed to gawk and go all hype over the transhumanists. Once it will be proven that THs are no monster breeds, many one hi-tech firm will turn rich overnight. And of course there are all the political implications. As part of the security staff, I know we're aware of extremists and cracks of all kinds and..." she almost bit her tongue to stop the flow. "Oh dear I'm going chatty again, eh?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis put a hand on hers. "I like it," he said. "I asked for it. Heh. Talk my ears off, Tegan. I like your voice."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Really?! That's really cool! I'd love to hear a verse if you ever feel the urge to spontaneously burst out in rhyme. And I'd be happy to read one of your books. Ooh, I wonder if they have a copy on board...". The canine frowned for a moment. "Oh! Maybe there's a digital version?"

Ref Ref!