HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by SeanWolf »

valerio wrote:Maud was writing something on her pad, nodding gravely, her eyes focused on random scribbles while her mind was focused on the message Gallant was just relying to her via a bone implant...
Eventually, she put pad and pen back in her pocket and said, "I guess this covers it, then, Mr. Spades. You are free to go. See that nice bracelet we put on your left wrist? You have exactly 12 minutes to reach your cabin and stay there until we reach our stop for your disembarkment. Of course, you will be isolated from whatsoever contact from the outside world. Have a nice trip. And don't ask what will happen once the 12 minutes are over. Goodbye."
The cubicle's door slid open.
Looking towards the door, then to his bracelet. "You know," he remarks while playing with the bracelet and heading towards the door, "I had a runt that acted just like you a few months back...and let me tell you...i was so happy to be rid of it when the time was right. Goodbye, beast" With that, he leaves with a smirk on his mouth and a joy in his step.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Anything you want me to do, Tegan," Francis asked patiently.
-----------------
"You're not to blame for any of this, Shayla," Malcolm started, tapping a few buttons on a datapad before starting on the Gammon.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Again that sinister grin. "No, I plan to integrate plant poisoning in their training. I want you to devise natural poisons based on Meriweather's self-defending flora. Worst condition, they will have to defend themselves while trying to keep their guts together."
Beta just stared at him for a minute. Then he sighed. "First thing, poison takes time and resources to produce, and so does the antidote. I would need samples of the plants themselves to study in order to make either of those things. Second, I will not give even mild poison to recruits until I have verified that it is legally acceptable to train the recruits this way. Finally, fighting while poisoned is a rather specific skill to hone. I would suggest concentrating on mastering the basics first, such as ensuring they can fight as a team and ensuring they know the laws in Apollo City."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
valerio

Post by valerio »

SeanWolf wrote:Looking towards the door, then to his bracelet. "You know," he remarks while playing with the bracelet and heading towards the door, "I had a runt that acted just like you a few months back...and let me tell you...i was so happy to be rid of it when the time was right. Goodbye, beast" With that, he leaves with a smirk on his mouth and a joy in his step.
"I hope you trip," the austere woman said as the door closed. Then, in a glacial tone. "Okay, I let him go. He can't inflict any more damage anyway, so...Gallant, care to explain?" Her contacts worked as screens as Gallant moved aside for Tegan.
"Ma'm, to put it simply: Mr. Spades *wanted* to be apprehended."
"Elaborate."
She drew in a breath. "I think he wanted to steal Jemmy."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You're not to blame for any of this, Shayla," Malcolm started, tapping a few buttons on a datapad before starting on the Gammon.
"What you doing?"
---
CyberDragon wrote:Beta just stared at him for a minute. Then he sighed. "First thing, poison takes time and resources to produce, and so does the antidote. I would need samples of the plants themselves to study in order to make either of those things. Second, I will not give even mild poison to recruits until I have verified that it is legally acceptable to train the recruits this way. Finally, fighting while poisoned is a rather specific skill to hone. I would suggest concentrating on mastering the basics first, such as ensuring they can fight as a team and ensuring they know the laws in Apollo City."
Asur lowered his crest -literally.
"You are even muffins and cookies less fun than Jemmy. Ok, smart kitty. What about this? You go back to your lab, wiki Meriweather Island and learn of its vegetable dangers. You'll add them to the Immersive Virtual Reality database so that a session of a more dangerous level is ready for when I trained these runts...with the basics. Suits you better? Oh, and the team will have a doctor so they won't be really running the risk of dying on me."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Malcolm asked, slightly distracted. "Oh, just putting in a large 'sell' request on shares in a certain someone's companies. Should be enough to spook the markets when they open, Shayla." He looked her in the eye. "Any preferences where I send the money?"
------------------------
Francis stood by, awaiting instructions as Tegan talked tactics to power.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Asur lowered his crest -literally.
"You are even muffins and cookies less fun than Jemmy. Ok, smart kitty. What about this? You go back to your lab, wiki Meriweather Island and learn of its vegetable dangers. You'll add them to the Immersive Virtual Reality database so that a session of a more dangerous level is ready for when I trained these runts...with the basics. Suits you better? Oh, and the team will have a doctor so they won't be really running the risk of dying on me."
"I'll take that as a compliment." Beta said, smirking. "And the problem with that idea is that I am not an employee of this ship, and so I do not have access to the IVR database. And no, it's not an issue of ability. SQL insertion and breaking into databases are the first things they teach you about in computer security training. The issue is I am not authorized, and I'm not going to break into a database I'm not allowed to be in just so you can torture recruits for giggles."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hmm," Malcolm asked, slightly distracted. "Oh, just putting in a large 'sell' request on shares in a certain someone's companies. Should be enough to spook the markets when they open, Shayla." He looked her in the eye. "Any preferences where I send the money?"
She nodded. "Charity. It's not enough to draw their money. Make sure they see where it goes: Animal charity. It will teach them some lesson and you earn your boy scout badge."
------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis stood by, awaiting instructions as Tegan talked tactics to power.
"That is quite the assumption," came Maud's voice from the screen.
Tegan nodded. "Ma'm, there's no other explanation: I am reading the scan results right now. No bombs, no nanites, no bioweapons. Aron Spades did something that only a crazy, psychopathc individual would do...but still, he could fool the scanners connected to his dog's biometric chip. That takes a lot more than your average hacker. Not to mention that he managed to tell the sensors to ignore a completely assembled gun. And we're talking two different scanning systems..." she drew in a breath. Maud took that for a hesitation. "We know that already, officer. So?"
"So, he did what he did, in my opinion, to draw your attention. He could've done who knows what with his level of competence during the voyage. Instead, he chose to be captured. He must have known all along that you would've sent in the heavy calibers to extract info straight from his mind. He must have known that Jemmy would be there. I know, it sounds incredibly far-fetched, a longshot, but it's because I can't see how a technic genius would commit such an apparent, gross mistake. Ma'm."
---
CyberDragon wrote:"I'll take that as a compliment." Beta said, smirking. "And the problem with that idea is that I am not an employee of this ship, and so I do not have access to the IVR database. And no, it's not an issue of ability. SQL insertion and breaking into databases are the first things they teach you about in computer security training. The issue is I am not authorized, and I'm not going to break into a database I'm not allowed to be in just so you can torture recruits for giggles."
Asur sighed. "You are hopeless, let me tell you... OK, guys, everybody grab a weapon of your choice. I'll go a bit easier on you this time."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SeanWolf wrote:Torque looks around in awe. He performed in many small theaters and venues before but nothing like this! It was like he stepped back in time to when music was an art form taken very seriously. "My god..." he said still looking about, "This is...amazing! I never seen a place like this before!" All his life, he dreamt of performing in a venue like this, but was always denied said theaters always hated his style of music...but here? He finally had the chance to achieve his dream! "Kelly...I'm just speechless!"
"I'm glad you like it." Kelly smiles as she leads the wolf up onto the stage, Todd following behind. "We worked hard on it."
She waits patiently at a respectful distance from the console until JD has finished his performance and the last echoes of the magnificent instrument have died away.
"Hullo there, Kelly, Todd!" he greets, sliding off the organ bench and striding over to the small group.
"Who's this you've brought me?"
"Hullo, JD. This is Torque Nightshade. Torque, allow me to present Johannes Doyle, JD for short, the owner and proprietor of this theatre and of the Doyle Theatre Group."

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"Yush! I think I could go kill a buffalo...too bad they don't raise cattle here. Say, what about some IVR after you're stabilized and fed?"
"Maybe we should go to the gym instead and burn off some of your energy so you don't inadvertently end up hunting down and eating a pet." Makani jokes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Torque looks around in awe. He performed in many small theaters and venues before but nothing like this! It was like he stepped back in time to when music was an art form taken very seriously. "My god..." he said still looking about, "This is...amazing! I never seen a place like this before!" All his life, he dreamt of performing in a venue like this, but was always denied said theaters always hated his style of music...but here? He finally had the chance to achieve his dream! "Kelly...I'm just speechless!"
"I'm glad you like it." Kelly smiles as she leads the wolf up onto the stage, Todd following behind. "We worked hard on it."
She waits patiently at a respectful distance from the console until JD has finished his performance and the last echoes of the magnificent instrument have died away.
"Hullo there, Kelly, Todd!" he greets, sliding off the organ bench and striding over to the small group.
"Who's this you've brought me?"
"Hullo, JD. This is Torque Nightshade. Torque, allow me to present Johannes Doyle, JD for short, the owner and proprietor of this theatre and of the Doyle Theatre Group."
Torque sticks his paw out for Johannes to shake and replies warmly "Hello there! That was some amazing music you were playing!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'll take that as a compliment as well." Beta smirked.

"Right. So... what do I do for this round?" Pascal asked.
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:
valerio wrote:"Yush! I think I could go kill a buffalo...too bad they don't raise cattle here. Say, what about some IVR after you're stabilized and fed?"
"Maybe we should go to the gym instead and burn off some of your energy so you don't inadvertently end up hunting down and eating a pet." Makani jokes.
"Well, that's the idea! Instead of boring myself doing dumb exercises, we'll play a nice scenario to burn off energy *and* have fun!" He feigned boxing with the cat's shoulder. "C'mon! You're a proud member of our species! Don't tell me you can't claw your way t'the victory!"
---
CyberDragon wrote:"I'll take that as a compliment as well." Beta smirked.
"Right. So... what do I do for this round?" Pascal asked.
Asur shrugged. "What else? We start training. C'mon, ye mutts! You rested enough, now it's fun time! Grab a weapon of your choice!" he moved a hand to the wall, and a panel slid...to reveal a veritable arsenal of hand-held weapons, from batons, to knives, swords, lances, halberds...
"Pick up *only* what you know you can use best, because those will become your weapons during your job. We can have bow and arrows as well, but that is the maximum allowed on the island in terms of long-range stuff. Fire weapons are strictly forbidden by the Divinity Himself, only humans can have them and only for strategic defense of the island. Questions?"
Orion was grabbing a Dark Reaper when, at the word 'Divinity', he stopped and, like the others, regarded Asur as if he had short-circuited. "...Divinity?"
"Yes, mutt. Not God, nor Allah, or Brama or who else of the funny human pantheons. I'm talking about the real thing, a big dragon guy named Jormongard. And no, you are not required to start going to a church or something, they say He's a more laid back guy. Like your Boss, but less condiscendending and able to nullify your existence. Now, get back on the trail, we're gonna do some nice cutup." He turned to Beta. "Yo! Salad Kitty, you good as physician?"
---
Whatever objection was coming to Maud Gottschalk, there remained that macroscopic problem.
Whoever that guy was, he had fooled a multimillion scanning system. He had proven he had the smarts.
Way smart.
Question. How do you steal an intelligence anidroid made to avoid being hacked, aboard a ship, in a locked room, from a tight-sealed cubicle?
She was thinking about *how* Jimmy was to interrogate the prisoner...
"Interface!" she said
"Ma'm?" tegan asked.
"You have done well, Tegan, but now we need to call in Dr. Volken." Hoping this wasn't going way out of their league. "You and Francis get some rest now...In fact, I want you two to chaperon Jimmy. He'll come with you. You'll be his extra eyes and ears, perhaps that son of a charming woman has accomplices, and you might notice anything off, ok?"

Inside Gallant's office, Tegan nodded. "On it, ma'm. Over."
She turned to Francis. "Heard the boss? This could be fun!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Pfft, please!" Makani scoffs. "I'll have you know I happen to have a black belt in Hissing and Scratching, one in Spitting and Biting and TWO black belts in napping!"

~~~~~~~~
"Well, thanks! JD smiles, shaking the paw warmly. "It's just a little somethin' I've been practising. So how do you like our theatre?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Most things are, it seems, Tegan," Francis opined brightly, "especially around yourself."
-------------------------------
"Certainly will," Malcolm stated, setting up a transfer of equal amounts on the pad with one hand whilst eating with the other; a habit he'd picked up during business lunches. "Donkey Sanctuary and the R.S.P.C.A. thank you too."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, thanks! JD smiles, shaking the paw warmly. "It's just a little somethin' I've been practising. So how do you like our theatre?"
"It's amazing! Out of all the theaters I ever been too or performed at...well the ones that let me...this tops them all. I feel like this place is where real music can live on forever" Torque exclaims, still in total awe.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Most things are, it seems, Tegan," Francis opined brightly, "especially around yourself."
"My, you do know how to speak to a girl. We might be lucky and turn this thing into a date after all!"
Gallant rolled his eyes. "Yes, yes, you are both disgustingly cute. Now leave before I assign this job to someone else."
-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Certainly will," Malcolm stated, setting up a transfer of equal amounts on the pad with one hand whilst eating with the other; a habit he'd picked up during business lunches. "Donkey Sanctuary and the R.S.P.C.A. thank you too."
"Donkey sanctuary. I'd love to make a joke over the rating, but I guess you know it already...Ohh, foodie!"
The waiter had just the time to come with a tray with the dishes...before his mouth opened in a mute scream, as he was literally tackled by the whole gang! A clatter of dishes, the ominous sound of bones breaking and lacerated shirt.
Then they were sitting on the floor, moaning happily as they devoured the food. Bourbon was actually munching her plate as well.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Beta and Pascal gave Asur a weird look when he mentioned the 'Divinity'. Pascal raised an eyebrow.

In response to Asur's question, Beta answered. "I... have some medical knowledge, but I'm not a certified physician. Mostly I develop the medications. Best if you don't do anything I can't fix with a bandage and Neosporin, because that's basically what I've got to work with right now."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:Beta and Pascal gave Asur a weird look when he mentioned the 'Divinity'. Pascal raised an eyebrow.

In response to Asur's question, Beta answered. "I... have some medical knowledge, but I'm not a certified physician. Mostly I develop the medications. Best if you don't do anything I can't fix with a bandage and Neosporin, because that's basically what I've got to work with right now."
Asur went to a cabinet and opened it, revealing a row of hypospray guns. He took one and casually tossed it to Beta. "This shoots nmedical nanites. It will cover what you can't do. Don't they teach you nothing at school for eggheads?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Pfft, please!" Makani scoffs. "I'll have you know I happen to have a black belt in Hissing and Scratching, one in Spitting and Biting and TWO black belts in napping!"
"Wonderful!" Flash gave him a slap on the back that almost sent the poor cat over the table. "It's a deal, there'll be a lot of hissing, scratching, biting, and you'll need a third belt in napping after that!"
Last edited by valerio on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Malcolm face palmed. "You could have waited ten more seconds, guys," he said before offering the waiter a hand up.
---------------------
"Right-ho," Francis commented, following Tegan as she went.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Wonderful!" Flash gave him a slap on the back that almost sent the poor cat over the table. "It's a deal, there'll be a lot of hissing, scratching, biting, and you'll need a third belt in napping after that!"
"Oof! On second thoughts, maybe I should hit the gym again so I can withstand your back slaps!" the black cat jokes.
"Do you work out or something? How did you get so strong?"

~~~~~~~~
SeanWolf wrote:"It's amazing! Out of all the theaters I ever been too or performed at...well the ones that let me...this tops them all. I feel like this place is where real music can live on forever" Torque exclaims, still in total awe.
"Thank you." JD seems genuinely happy.
"I'm glad to hear you say that. We worked hard on it, trying to get that effect, so it's nice to know it's paid off. Although, I'm surprised a metal singer has such good taste." he can't resist teasing the wolf as the house and stage lights are turned back up to full.
"Ah, excellent. They've got all that working then." he enthuses, glancing upward and waving at the light box as Kelly extinguishes the lamp in her paw.
"They've just been installing a new spotlight." he explains.
"So, Torque. Talk to me. Did you have anything in mind for your show? Or did you have any questions for me? Feel free to have a seat." he invites, leading the wolf to the first row of the stalls.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thank you." JD seems genuinely happy.
"I'm glad to hear you say that. We worked hard on it, trying to get that effect, so it's nice to know it's paid off. Although, I'm surprised a metal singer has such good taste." he can't resist teasing the wolf as the house and stage lights are turned back up to full.
"Ah, excellent. They've got all that working then." he enthuses, glancing upward and waving at the light box as Kelly extinguishes the lamp in her paw.
"They've just been installing a new spotlight." he explains.
"So, Torque. Talk to me. Did you have anything in mind for your show? Or did you have any questions for me? Feel free to have a seat." he invites, leading the wolf to the first row of the stalls.
"Thank you" he replies while taking a seat, "And yeah it is a bit surprising for someone in the metal genre to have respect for music. When I was growing up, my family, who are all metal heads like me, introduced me to this music similar to what you were playing, saying 'Never forget: Without masterpieces like this, we wouldn't have music like we know today' and we always took time out to listen to this in between listening to the latest by whatever metal band we came across." Thinking about his performance tonight, he goes on to say "As for the performance...well I had three songs in mind: Fire In The Soul, Embraced By Mother Moon, and...well the third one's a cover but...I kinda would like to you play the organ over there with me on the song...said song being Dark Chest Of Wonders" before asking "I know this one may seem silly...but do you think people may remember that I used to sing before joining R&R? I've been out of it for so long that I'll be surprised if they remember."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Malcolm face palmed. "You could have waited ten more seconds, guys," he said before offering the waiter a hand up.
"Oh, fowwy," Bourbon said, before dipping a fragment of the plate and dipping it into sauce, then offered it to the human. "You must try it, tastes like chicken!"
"Forg't t'mnshion," mumbled Shayla "iwon-cast ftomach"
---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Right-ho," Francis commented, following Tegan as she went.
The doors to the bridge opened and there was Jemmy, waiting. "So you are to be my secret chaperones. Fascinating strategy. I am aware of Ms. Tegan's abilities in combat. Are you trained, Mr. Francis?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oof! On second thoughts, maybe I should hit the gym again so I can withstand your back slaps!" the black cat jokes. "Do you work out or something? How did you get so strong?"
The waiter came with their food. Flash contemplated with...lust, the fine dish of meat, first choice from the cloning facilities, a nice cloned egg, natural seasoning and the right pinch of salt and pepper...
The snow leopard took the dish and downed the food as if drinking it! he just gave it a couple of munches before swallowing, then gave the plate back to the waiter. "Another, please. Bigger." Then, to Makami, "It's easier when your diet is all-natural. Plus, it was part of the contract at the zoo that I kept myself fit. For my adoring fans!" He flashed a grin and posed with flexing muscles.
The sound of several chairs overturning followed.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not so much that I know of, Jenny," Francis said brightly, bouncing on his feet as he talked, "but I'm a quick learn and very observant."
--------------------
"Of course I can give it a go," Malcolm told Bourbon, "but it should probably be food rather than a piece of the plate."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Asur went to a cabinet and opened it, revealing a row of hypospray guns. He took one and casually tossed it to Beta. "This shoots nmedical nanites. It will cover what you can't do. Don't they teach you nothing at school for eggheads?"
Beta nodded and caught the hypospray gun. "'Course they do. But medical nanites weren't among the assets I had available until you gave them to me, were they?"

"Right." Pascal said, stretching. "We gonna start or what?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Laughing, Makani pushes Flash's arm back down by the leopard's side.
"Put those guns away, Flash, or you'll have security down here." he jokes before sipping his not-coffee and nibbling delicately at his croissant, a stark contrast to Flash's table manners.

~~~~~~~~
"I must admit I'm not hugely familiar with your entire repertoire although I do know of you and Kelly has shown me some clips. I'd be happy to play along with you but I might need some sheet music. Do you need a guitar or are you planning just to sing? And, not to be rude or anything but I have to ask, since this is an all-ages show, those songs are family-friendly, right?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I must admit I'm not hugely familiar with your entire repertoire although I do know of you and Kelly has shown me some clips. I'd be happy to play along with you but I might need some sheet music. Do you need a guitar or are you planning just to sing? And, not to be rude or anything but I have to ask, since this is an all-ages show, those songs are family-friendly, right?"
"Sure, I have the sheet music for the songs with me" Torque said as he pulls them out to hand to him while adding "I'll just be singing for the record. While I can play the guitar, I always preferred to sing plus I treat each song like a mini musical number. As for family-friendly....ah....all three are family friendly, though I can alter one line in Embraced By Mother Moon. Nothing major, just one usage of a swear in the song but I can change it to be more friendly as, either way, it gets the line across."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:
Roarin wrote:So she had an aversion to physical contact... not surprising from her file. “Impressive!” Avery remarked, another smile on her muzzle as she looked over the shepard’s large set of teeth. “Of course, getting pet feels nice but only if you want to be pet. Hmm... I apologize due to this being a sensitive question, but do you mind telling me how you feel when someone tries to approach you with a hand?”
She sighed. "I feel like I want to rip that hand off. Slowly. For a starter..." another sigh "No, skip that. I just want to scare that person away. Whatever it takes. And it makes me feel like I'm doing a wrong thing, though. A part of me really wants to feel like when I was a puppy and humans meant true love. But I can't trust them. Hateful vermin..."
"Well, there's nothing wrong with defending yourself when you need to. There are humans or creatures out there that mean harm, so using your teeth in those situations are perfectly fine! Though there is nothing like getting a good hug or a pet from a nice human! Hmm..." Avery tapped softly against the desk in thought before hopping off her seat. "It does seem like you genuinely want to work at this problem! Which is actually a large barrier so! In my book you've already surmounted a giant task! Now, if you don't mind me testing something out. Do you think I could maybe, give you a pet?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Not so much that I know of, Jenny," Francis said brightly, bouncing on his feet as he talked, "but I'm a quick learn and very observant."
"Good. We'll be needing that. I am a state-of-the-art intelligence droid, but judging personalities is not an exact science, and even body reactions can be deceiving as an individual may react the wrong way due to personality flaws rather than to a causailty link."
Tegan patted Francis' back. "He's saying that we rely on your being observant, dear."
---
CyberDragon wrote:Beta nodded and caught the hypospray gun. "'Course they do. But medical nanites weren't among the assets I had available until you gave them to me, were they?"
"Right." Pascal said, stretching. "We gonna start or what?"
Asur sighed. "I was trying to help you to...ah, nevermind. Orion: I see you chose a couple of Damascus Knives. Nice toys. Try and peel me some rat hide with 'em."
The Dogo grinned, getting himself in position. He had seen how shrewd that apparently lesser mammal was, this was gonna be interesting...
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Laughing, Makani pushes Flash's arm back down by the leopard's side.
"Put those guns away, Flash, or you'll have security down here." he jokes before sipping his not-coffee and nibbling delicately at his croissant, a stark contrast to Flash's table manners.
"And what about ya? You need to get in better shape than now if you want to marry properly, like that nice corgi dog in Babylon Gardens."
---
Roarin wrote:"Well, there's nothing wrong with defending yourself when you need to. There are humans or creatures out there that mean harm, so using your teeth in those situations are perfectly fine! Though there is nothing like getting a good hug or a pet from a nice human! Hmm..." Avery tapped softly against the desk in thought before hopping off her seat. "It does seem like you genuinely want to work at this problem! Which is actually a large barrier so! In my book you've already surmounted a giant task! Now, if you don't mind me testing something out. Do you think I could maybe, give you a pet?"
She sighed. "Problem is, I don't know if it's my nature talking or my mind...but what the heck, let's give it a try."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, perfect, thanks." JD smiles, taking the music and glancing it over.
"Next important question - sorry for the interrogation, by the way, but it's all important for me to know - will you need any props or set pieces? And did you have anything in mind for visual effects like lights, smoke, pyrotechnics, et cetera?"

~~~~~~~~
"Like who?" Makani looks down at himself as he takes another bite of breakfast. He's by no means beefy or bulging like Flash but he does keep himself fit and he's proud of the neat definition of his muscles.
"Well, I'd rather marry someone who's attracted to my charm and wit rather than just my appearance, to be quite honest." he admits.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, perfect, thanks." JD smiles, taking the music and glancing it over.
"Next important question - sorry for the interrogation, by the way, but it's all important for me to know - will you need any props or set pieces? And did you have anything in mind for visual effects like lights, smoke, pyrotechnics, et cetera?"
Torque chuckles then answers "Well...if you can time the lights and pyros to the songs 'Dark Chest Of Wonders' and 'Fire In The Soul', that'd be awesome. I think one of the vids Kelly showed you had me singing the later and how the pyros were timed. I think I'm good, otherwise...you guys supply the backing band, right or do you need the music from me? If the later, I can supply it as I do have the albums without any vocals on it."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Asur sighed. "I was trying to help you to...ah, nevermind. Orion: I see you chose a couple of Damascus Knives. Nice toys. Try and peel me some rat hide with 'em."
The Dogo grinned, getting himself in position. He had seen how shrewd that apparently lesser mammal was, this was gonna be interesting...
Pascal looked at Orion, tilting his head to the side. "One moment..." He ran over to Beta, unlatched his butcher's knife from his bag and stuck it in Beta's pocket.

"What are you doing?" Beta asked.

Pascal didn't answer. He was rummaging through Beta's bag, looking for something. He pulled back out carrying a fairly large spool of high strength fishing line. "Just realized I shouldn't be fighting such squishy looking people with a knife."

The rat ran back to his position, and the fight started. Orion was the first to move, swinging down both blades horizontally at Pascal from both sides. Pascal stood his ground, and at the last moment, his arms shot up and he caught the blades, one in each hand. He gave the blades a surprisingly hard tug, yanking both of them from Orion's hands. He caught the knives by their handles. "Tighten your grip, rubberwrists. It shouldn't be that easy for me to take your weapon." Pascal offered as advice. He handed the knives back to Orion, and they started again.

This time, Orion opened by thrusting both blades at Pascal. He stepped to the side and ducked under as Orion swung the blades apart level with Pascal's neck. Pascal tossed the fishing line up and managed to wrap it around Orion's wrist. He caught on to the fishing line and held on tight as he was carried with the dog's arm. At the end of the swing, Pascal quickly looped the fishing line around itself, tying it around his opponent's wrist. He used his momentum to swing up and land on top of Orion's arm. The dog responded by trying to grab him with his free hand, but pascal jumped over his arm. The rat swung around, wrapping the fishing line around both arms before quickly pulling them together and tying a knot to keep them that way. The dog growled with frustration, fumbling with his knives, trying to get them into a position where he could cut the lines.

Pascal dropped down and ran for Orion's legs. Pulling out another piece of fishing line, he jumped up and tied the end of it around the dog's left knee. He dropped back onto the floor and started running with the other end of the fishing line over to Orion's other leg. Having felt pascal, but not yet having freed his hands, Orion looked down, lifted his leg out of what he thought was Pascal's reach before sending his foot back down and stamping Pascal with it. Immediately tears welled up in Orion's eyes and he howled with pain, lifting his injured foot up and gripping it in his tied together hands like he had just stepped barefoot on a particularly evil lego piece.

Pascal shook his head, almost a little disappointed. He quickly pulled the fishing line, bringing Orion's other leg out from beneath him. Orion crashed to the ground, and in not too long, Pascal had him tied up. His legs were tied together, his injured foot was tied to his hands, his arms were tied to his knees, and his muzzle was tied shut.

"That was just embarrassing." Pascal said, sitting on his defeated opponent's chest.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:She sighed. "Problem is, I don't know if it's my nature talking or my mind...but what the heck, let's give it a try."
"Alright!" Avery smiled, padding towards the canine before... laying flat on her back on the ground, both arms outstretched outwards and upwards with her eyes closed.

"Okay! I have practiced this many times and have found this to be the most non-threatening way to deliver pets! If you would please, sit down on either side of me, whichever you're more comfortable with and either use your hands to place my hand on your head for pats, or lean your head against one my palms. I will then keep my hand still for a good ten seconds before telling you when I will start petting, which I will then immediate commence soft measured pats as so."

Avery moved her hand gently from side to side, petting the air in front of her.

"You may approach whenever you feel comfortable! And if you would like, we can continue talking like this until you feel like you can approach!"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Like who?" Makani looks down at himself as he takes another bite of breakfast. He's by no means beefy or bulging like Flash but he does keep himself fit and he's proud of the neat definition of his muscles.
"Well, I'd rather marry someone who's attracted to my charm and wit rather than just my appearance, to be quite honest." he admits.
"Wit...interesting concept. I probably should learn to rely more on it if I am to rejoin my tribe in Asia. Are you planning to get a job or something humanish?"
---
CyberDragon wrote:Pascal looked at Orion, tilting his head to the side. "One moment..." He ran over to Beta, unlatched his butcher's knife from his bag and stuck it in Beta's pocket.
"What are you doing?" Beta asked.
Pascal didn't answer. He was rummaging through Beta's bag, looking for something. He pulled back out carrying a fairly large spool of high strength fishing line. "Just realized I shouldn't be fighting such squishy looking people with a knife."
The rat ran back to his position, and the fight started. Orion was the first to move, swinging down both blades horizontally at Pascal from both sides. Pascal stood his ground, and at the last moment, his arms shot up and he caught the blades, one in each hand. He gave the blades a surprisingly hard tug, yanking both of them from Orion's hands. He caught the knives by their handles. "Tighten your grip, rubberwrists. It shouldn't be that easy for me to take your weapon." Pascal offered as advice. He handed the knives back to Orion, and they started again.
This time, Orion opened by thrusting both blades at Pascal. He stepped to the side and ducked under as Orion swung the blades apart level with Pascal's neck. Pascal tossed the fishing line up and managed to wrap it around Orion's wrist. He caught on to the fishing line and held on tight as he was carried with the dog's arm. At the end of the swing, Pascal quickly looped the fishing line around itself, tying it around his opponent's wrist. He used his momentum to swing up and land on top of Orion's arm. The dog responded by trying to grab him with his free hand, but pascal jumped over his arm. The rat swung around, wrapping the fishing line around both arms before quickly pulling them together and tying a knot to keep them that way. The dog growled with frustration, fumbling with his knives, trying to get them into a position where he could cut the lines.
Pascal dropped down and ran for Orion's legs. Pulling out another piece of fishing line, he jumped up and tied the end of it around the dog's left knee. He dropped back onto the floor and started running with the other end of the fishing line over to Orion's other leg. Having felt pascal, but not yet having freed his hands, Orion looked down, lifted his leg out of what he thought was Pascal's reach before sending his foot back down and stamping Pascal with it. Immediately tears welled up in Orion's eyes and he howled with pain, lifting his injured foot up and gripping it in his tied together hands like he had just stepped barefoot on a particularly evil lego piece.
Pascal shook his head, almost a little disappointed. He quickly pulled the fishing line, bringing Orion's other leg out from beneath him. Orion crashed to the ground, and in not too long, Pascal had him tied up. His legs were tied together, his injured foot was tied to his hands, his arms were tied to his knees, and his muzzle was tied shut.
"That was just embarrassing." Pascal said, sitting on his defeated opponent's chest.
Asur applauded at that performance. "And not a drop of blood spilled. Efficient. Muy bravo, Jimbo!" he then turned to the other dogs. "This is what I mean when I say that you must expect the unexpected: 'Small' is not equal to 'helpless', and a trained corps of native rodents could easily dispose of you if they used a barbed, poisoned wire like they do for their hunting at Meriweather." his claws cut the fishing line, then he helped Orion up. "No shame in losing this, pup: You moved like a pro with those blades, but you were trained to do opponents your size or larger...
The door opened and Asur grinned. "We-ell, my lost brother is back it seems. Who are those?" he looked at the cats. "Your new bodyguards?"
"Environmental organic tactical analyzers," Jemmy answered. "Tegan and Francis."
"Hi there!" she saluted "He means we keep an eye on him for now."
"Guessed so..." the saurian droid hissed.
---
Roarin wrote:"Alright!" Avery smiled, padding towards the canine before... laying flat on her back on the ground, both arms outstretched outwards and upwards with her eyes closed.
"Okay! I have practiced this many times and have found this to be the most non-threatening way to deliver pets! If you would please, sit down on either side of me, whichever you're more comfortable with and either use your hands to place my hand on your head for pats, or lean your head against one my palms. I will then keep my hand still for a good ten seconds before telling you when I will start petting, which I will then immediate commence soft measured pats as so."
Avery moved her hand gently from side to side, petting the air in front of her.
"You may approach whenever you feel comfortable! And if you would like, we can continue talking like this until you feel like you can approach!"
Asaka started rubbing nervously her own hands, as if wanting to crush them. "Ah..." then one hand rubbed a couple of times her muzzle in an ancestral gesture. "Ah..." then she kneeled down, slowly...and her mouth opened, closing over her therapist's snout as if wanting to eat it! "Mrfm..?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis chuckled. "Thanks. I think." He offered the Droid a hand to shake. "And it's nice to meet you, too."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis chuckled. "Thanks. I think." He offered the Droid a hand to shake. "And it's nice to meet you, too."
"Meetcha, meatbag,"" answered the droid, returning the shake. Then, to the dogs. "Ok, pups, anyone here ever ate cat steak?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Asaka started rubbing nervously her own hands, as if wanting to crush them. "Ah..." then one hand rubbed a couple of times her muzzle in an ancestral gesture. "Ah..." then she kneeled down, slowly...and her mouth opened, closing over her therapist's snout as if wanting to eat it! "Mrfm..?"
"Mmh?" There was a slight pause as Avery tried to figure out what was happening. If it weren't for her years of training she might have reacted much more surprised when her snout was sudden engulfed by her patient's maw.

"Umm, excuse me. But... do you mind if I ask what you are doing?" Avery responded, her tone sweet and light, though her voice may be muffled depending on how much of her muzzle was inside the other canine's mouth. All the while her hands stayed in the air, careful not to make any sudden movements in case it might startle Asaka.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"Mmh?" There was a slight pause as Avery tried to figure out what was happening. If it weren't for her years of training she might have reacted much more surprised when her snout was sudden engulfed by her patient's maw.
"Umm, excuse me. But... do you mind if I ask what you are doing?" Avery responded, her tone sweet and light, though her voice may be muffled depending on how much of her muzzle was inside the other canine's mouth. All the while her hands stayed in the air, careful not to make any sudden movements in case it might startle Asaka.
The GSD retreated, whining. "It's...whenever they wanted to touch me, even for...just affection, they'd first snap my snout shut, to teach me not to...lick or bite, or speak...They'd touch me but I had to stay silent, so...it's a sort of preliminary, and..." She bit her lower lip. "I don't know how it works..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I like Jemmy here," Francis told Tegan,
----------------
"Next time let them get to the table?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Asur applauded at that performance. "And not a drop of blood spilled. Efficient. Muy bravo, Jimbo!" he then turned to the other dogs. "This is what I mean when I say that you must expect the unexpected: 'Small' is not equal to 'helpless', and a trained corps of native rodents could easily dispose of you if they used a barbed, poisoned wire like they do for their hunting at Meriweather." his claws cut the fishing line, then he helped Orion up. "No shame in losing this, pup: You moved like a pro with those blades, but you were trained to do opponents your size or larger...
The door opened and Asur grinned. "We-ell, my lost brother is back it seems. Who are those?" he looked at the cats. "Your new bodyguards?"
"Environmental organic tactical analyzers," Jemmy answered. "Tegan and Francis."
"Hi there!" she saluted "He means we keep an eye on him for now."
"Guessed so..." the saurian droid hissed.
"Thank you, thank you!" Pascal said in an exaggerated tone, taking theatrical bows before hopping off of Orion's stomach and onto the ground while Asur helped the canine up. Then he noticed the two cats enter. He eyed them a bit suspiciously, but decided he'd be "nice" as long as they were. Granted, that's Pascal's definition of "nice."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis chuckled. "Thanks. I think." He offered the Droid a hand to shake. "And it's nice to meet you, too."
valerio wrote:"Meetcha, meatbag,"" answered the droid, returning the shake. Then, to the dogs. "Ok, pups, anyone here ever ate cat steak?"
Pascal walked up to the two cats. "'Sup, kitties? Name's Pascal. The overgrown air freshener sitting on the bench over there is Beta." He said, pointing to the green tiger observing the training. The two might be able to pick up a distinct fresh pine-like scent coming from his direction. The tiger gave a wave to the two. "I'm gonna give out a friendly warning, I've got a necklace of teeth I'm working on that could use a couple of "donations" so if you feel like contributing just try to take a bite out of me. Speaking of which..."

He waved a hand at Asur to get his attention. "Might want to hand Orion off to our jolly green giant over there to get that foot looked at. I don't know how hard he stepped on me 'cause I barely felt it, but if he didn't break it it's definitely going to have at least a bruise."

Pascal turned back to the cats, crossing his arms and looking up at them. "So! I guess you're going to watch the training? You just missed the last round. Not sure what Asur has planned next."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Next time let them get to the table?"
The ex-streeters finished their meal, licking their chops. "Nah, such luxuries weren't available to us back then," said Uno. "We were lucky if we hadn't to eat AND run like heck at the same time:"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, I already kinda do. I've published two books of poetry and I'm working on a novel." Makani answers. "That humanish enough for you?"

~~~~~~~~
"I think we can manage that. Todd, can you organise to get that all set up?"
"Sure, JD. Do you want me to emulate the video as closely as possible, Torque, or shall I use it as a base and extrapolate to suit our stage?"
"Tod'll blow your mind, Torque. There's a reason he's my stage manager!" JD grins, clapping the droid on the shoulder. "As to the band, that's entirely up to you too. We'll need to practise a bit before we can perform but I'm sure we can be ready by tomorrow night."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters