HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie grinned broadly, effectively showing off his teeth. "Yeh, Oreo!" He said, nodding.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie grinned broadly, effectively showing off his teeth. "Yeh, Oreo!" He said, nodding.
Ok din!
Oreo leads the way back out from behind the sofa, down the hallway and out the door into the back yard..
He ponders getting into his "out in the yard harness", But decides it wouldn't fit while he is wearing this big foam collar.
So he waddles on out into the yard and over to the train station shaped dog house.
Opening the door, and flicking on the light switch, illuminating the inside of the shelter..
Oreo then goes inside, fluffing up pillows against the back wall, then plops down on the dog bed in here..
he searches around and fines the remote, and clicks on the LCD monitor on the opposed wall.
Arrrgh! coulds you turns on the game machine, and loads up the game you wanna play in it..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"She's right. That does make sense." As always, Flynn is amazed by the mouse's insight.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What do you think, Flynn?"
"I'm not sure if we should open any of them. If these are as rare and good as purported they could be worth a lot of money. I think we ought to get a professional opinion before doing anything with them. Plus I don't have a bottle opener."

"Not bad, Lucky. Next time try not to break the lock. Or the picks, for that matter. They're not cheap. You're getting the hang of it though. That was only four picks this time. So what's in the drawer?"

~~~
After looking to make sure Koa isn't near, Joan leans forward consiprationally and spills the beans in a soft voice.
"Koa's fifth birthday is coming up and we're having a surprise party for him. We're making him a treehouse in secret too. That's where the wood really went. It'll be assembled on the day of his birthday while I get him out of the house. You know, your opening party gives me an idea. If I give you the invitations to Koa's party, can you get them to the pets without him knowing? You're invited too, by the way."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard thought for a moment.
Well, I don't know who to invite, and there might be way more people than just Koa's friends, so I'd need help. Blizzard replied. But your building a treehouse out of termite infested wood? He whispered back.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"If that's Mister Badger's medicine it doesn't taste good it tastes awful! But you don't need a bottle opener the cork just comes right out like this!"

Forgetting his concern about the state of the scaffolding, the lithe animal swarms up and grabs a bottle. Teetering precariously on the edge he starts twisting ineffectually... he's agile, but he's not all that strong, and the decades have turns the encrustations of dirt and liquor into varnish.

"Can't get a good grip here need more fingers!"

And he leaps three-limbed to the vat and scrambled back to the floor. There's a loud crack and part of the railing collapses unseen behind him in a puff of sawdust and agitated beetles.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"And, furthermore," Kilo said after hearing the crack, "I suggest we head down in a non panicked manner. Shall we?"
--------------------------------------------------
At Oreo's, Leslie trotted over, prodded the button like he did on Uncle leroy's tee-vee and selected a box he liked the cover of and showed it to Oreo. "This wun?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"y-y-yeah , agree , agree" Nadia nodded . My goodness that scared her
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"She's right. That does make sense." As always, Flynn is amazed by the mouse's insight.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What do you think, Flynn?"
"I'm not sure if we should open any of them. If these are as rare and good as purported they could be worth a lot of money. I think we ought to get a professional opinion before doing anything with them. Plus I don't have a bottle opener."

"Not bad, Lucky. Next time try not to break the lock. Or the picks, for that matter. They're not cheap. You're getting the hang of it though. That was only four picks this time. So what's in the drawer?"
Lucky reached in and started going through the assorted papers. He read off in a voice like he was looking through his mail, "Bill, bill, bill, movie ticket, bill..." He paused and looked at the papers. "It looks like a collection of theater tickets and handbills from about 1899 to...let's see here...1945 or so."
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa can be heard out side singing while he trimmed and re-watered his flowers. Taking some time in between flowers to rest a bit.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, the invitations will have everyone's names on them and you can just pass them to the people throughout the night. And the wood doesn't really have termites. That's just an excuse to keep him from looking. So, think you can help out?" Joan helps herself to another sandwich as she talks.

~~~~
"Don't sound so excited, Lucky." Piper jokes, looking over her buckfriend's shoulder. "What kinds of bills and tickets are they? Anything you recognise?"

"Y-Yeah, let's get down before the whole thing collapses! You right there, Six?" Flynn carefully leads the way back down the stairs, inwardly breathing a sigh of relief as his paws touch solid earth.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Of course I'm fine why wouldn't I be fine I just need to... get a but of... wossname... leverage... on this... there we go... I think... it's coming!"

He's practically wrapped around the bottle, gripping with both feet and hands, his fur standing on end from the nape of his neck down his back to his bottle-brushy tail, little grunts and whines escaping past his bared carnivore teeth.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Then in that case, sure~! Blizzard replied happily.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Uh, do you need help?" Tesla called to Cinnamon, following Flynn down, "I have a pretty good grip."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: At Oreo's, Leslie trotted over, prodded the button like he did on Uncle leroy's tee-vee and selected a box he liked the cover of and showed it to Oreo. "This wun?"
Ooooh Okami? thats a good one..
Go on put it in the disk drive..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Six , dude" Nadia called , climbing down the ladder after Flynn , with Kilo on her shoulder "no offense , but I don't think you should open that thing here."
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon holds the bottle's neck out to Tesla, "Oh yeh I bet some of you little dogs are awful strong there was this terrier on TV who beat up like a mountain lion. Lemme hold it steady for you here."

He looks up at Nadia. "Why not it's not going to explode or anything do you think?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Don't sound so excited, Lucky." Piper jokes, looking over her buckfriend's shoulder. "What kinds of bills and tickets are they? Anything you recognise?"
"There two tickets for Frankenstein here," said Lucky, "And some more for Dracula. Somebody must've really liked horror movies."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It is unlikely to explode, dear boy" Kilo guessed, "but it was you warning us about the precarious nature of the cave was it not?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie put the game in and sat shoulder to shoulder with Oreo to try to work out how to play the game.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It won't explode but," Tesla reached out to take the bottle, "But I agree, this stuff would probably give off some less than healthy fumes, which aren't the best thing to be you know, trapped with."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Who's trapped oh right we better get back I bet Mrs Porter is all worried too I shoulda told her where we were!"

He shoves the bottle in his bag and vanishes back towards the river.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"was gonna say he would break it" Nadia said , lowering her voice a bit so Sixtoes wouldn't be able to hear her "but I guess you guys' reasons work too "
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie put the game in and sat shoulder to shoulder with Oreo to try to work out how to play the game.
Dis game is just one playerz, but is fun to watch as well.. U'z play a woof god, an you haf to fight otter evil gods to save da'worlds..
Oreo fluffs up the pillow behind him, and settles back into the corner of the dog house.
Then fluffing the electric blanket over the two pets, turning the settle to level 3.
I lov dis blanket, it keeps me so warm an comfy, when it gets all cold and wintery outsides..
Now one side of da controller controls when amy is looking. the other side controls her movements.
You can bite n' claw. use various weapons, or use her ink tail to cast spells.

Oreo giggles..
You can even make her lift her leg on enemies.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon bursts from the trapdoor into the house like a streak of rusty lightning.

"Mrs Porter Mrs Porter! I forgot to show you where everyone was and look at the cool stuff we found!"

He scurries through the house until he finds Joan, and holds the dubious bottle up to her.

"Look at the bottle I found I told them it was nasty smelling medicine cos Mi... cos an animal I know had some and it was awful smelling but Nadia said it was probably good! I couldn't get it open to show them 'cos my paws aren't very strong really. Can you open it and come show them I was right?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Shall we follow the fuzzy streak?" Kilo asked, chuckling.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I suppose we should follow him." Flynn concurs as his stomach rumbles. "Heh. I guess we ought to get some lunch while we're up there. Who's hungry?"

"I guess they must have. What about the bills? What are they for? People do collect old promotional material and Americana like that. They like local history." Engrossed in the filing cabinet and distracted by Lucky, Piper hears neither Kilo nor Flynn's suggestion..

~~~~
"Thanks, Blizzard. I'll wrap them in a parcel for you so you can get them out of the house without Koa seeing. We'll tell him... We'll tell him you're posting the package for me if he asks."
She's nearly bowled over by the marten as he suddenly appears. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sixtoes, Slow down. I didn't catch a word of that. Go from the start. What happened? Is everyone all right?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"I suppose we should follow him." Flynn concurs as his stomach rumbles. "Heh. I guess we ought to get some lunch while we're up there. Who's hungry?"

"I guess they must have. What about the bills? What are they for? People do collect old promotional material and Americana like that. They like local history." Engrossed in the filing cabinet and distracted by Lucky, Piper hears neither Kilo nor Flynn's suggestion..
"yeah , food sounds good right now " nadia sighed "Lucky , Piper , ya coming ?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Hlaoroo wrote:She's nearly bowled over by the marten as he suddenly appears. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sixtoes, Slow down. I didn't catch a word of that. Go from the start. What happened? Is everyone all right?"
"I told you we found an old distillery for making this stuff and... and... I wanna open it up. Because. Because. Because I gotta show them it's not good to drink cos it's medicine. But... but... but... I'm not strong enough to get the cork out cos it makes my missing finger hurt. Isn't that weird?"

He waves his three-clawed paw directly in front of Joan's face.

"See it's not even there and its itching!"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard stayed smiling happily as Six ran in.
If your going to open it, should we do that outside? I'm not sure how alcohol works, but I don't want to be poisoned by anything that could spill out. Blizzard said.
---
When Tesla got down, Hutch stood by his side.
So it was just the bottle and the barrels that you found up there, right?
Argent

Post by Argent »

"It's not poison it's medicine look!"

And the angry mustelid twists again and this time the cork pops out, spattering eighty year old bootleg whiskey on the hallway tiles. The smell is definitely more medicinal than peaty.

"Ewww! See!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not like that, Nadia," Kilo said happily before raising his voice. "Piper, Customer at the door!"
-----------------------------------------
Leslie watched the expert at play.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Piper also doesn't hear Nadia but to Kilo's statement she reacts completely on instinct. She turns as though walking into the shop and takes a few steps forward.
"Thanks! Hi! Welcome to-" She suddenly stops and facepaws, realising what she's doing. She bursts out laughing at her folly and it's several moments before she can control herself.
"Wow. Well played, Kilo. I've definitely been in that shop too long! How did you know that would work?" Flynn stands by Nadia, grinning at Piper's response.

~~~~
"I have heard of phantom pains, Sixtoes, but I don't know much about it. I don't think there's anything they can do for it though..."
"Eep!" Joan quickly stands the bottle upright to stop any more from leaking before collecting the mop and bucket.
"It does smell strong." Joan cleans up the mess and then picks up the bottle and reads the label.
"Glen Richmond Whiskey. Huh. Never heard of it. From what I learned in history in school though, bootlegger alcohol, or moonshine as they called it, was often dangerously strong and frequently impure. Don't think we'd better risk drinking it, especially since I'm pregnant. You want some sandwiches while you're up here, Sixtoes?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sometimes, my dear Doe," Kilo explained, "a dash of normality brings us back to the world, hmm? Now," he added, "you may wish to grasp what you can and follow on? That young Marten has dashed back to the house and is undoubtably concerning Joan as to our welfare."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Piper also doesn't hear Nadia but to Kilo's statement she reacts completely on instinct. She turns as though walking into the shop and takes a few steps forward.
"Thanks! Hi! Welcome to-" She suddenly stops and facepaws, realising what she's doing. She bursts out laughing at her folly and it's several moments before she can control herself.
"Wow. Well played, Kilo. I've definitely been in that shop too long! How did you know that would work?" Flynn stands by Nadia, grinning at Piper's response.
"wooow...." Nadia giggled , trying her best not to laugh , but still she couldn't hide how surprised , amazed and amused she was at the sight "wow , I did not see that coming . I really did not see that one coming"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sometimes, my dear Doe," Kilo explained, "a dash of normality brings us back to the world, hmm? Now," he added, "you may wish to grasp what you can and follow on? That young Marten has dashed back to the house and is undoubtably concerning Joan as to our welfare."
"oh yeah ! And I wouldn't be surprised if he already broke the bottle as well , come on guys"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Of course you don't want to drink it cos it's medicine and you're not sick are you?"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa finished tending to his flowers and sat outside for a moment to collect his thoughts, since the wood was gone he no longer has the vital supplies that he needs to make his tree house and now he has no way of getting more. His birthday was coming up and it had been a whole year since heard anything from his mother or his old owner, since he began traveling around with his old abusive owner. He had no way of contacting his mother because of her lack of having a phone since she lived in the pound now. He thought about asking John and Joan for more wood for his birthday, but he decides to leave it be because they already given him so much stuff to make him comfortable living with them.

Koa stands up and makes his way to the shed and dropped off his tools before heading back to the house. He could smell a strong odor coming from the house and he couldn't tell what it was. It smelled like something that had been aging for years and it gave him a horrible headache and made him dizzy. Flimsily he walked through the hall, trying to keep his balance and following the smell. To his surprise there was Six-toes, Joan, Blizzard and Kousa with a bottle. Koa knew that smell, and though it may have been aged by years and not exactly what his old owner used to make he could still smell the similarity. "Mom! whats going on?" He proclaimed seeing Joan with the bottle in hand and trying to keep his senses from getting the best of him by leaning on the doorway. "You shouldn't be drinking, its not good for the baby!" Kousa froze when she noticed Koa's return and his sudden yelling, not to mention she has no idea how long he had been sitting there.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"For the last time Tes... , wait... you're not Tesla. Um... Koa! How many times do I gotta tell you guys just because it's in a bottle doesn't mean you can drink it! Don't your owners teach you nothing? Nobody's drinking it. No! Body! It's medicine and nobody here's sick! It just spilled 'cos the cork was all stuck and I'm not real strong so I kinda slipped!"

Crouched there, panting heavily with frustration, hand on the open bottle, he certainly looks like someone's been drinking.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I think so, I wasn't up there for very long you know, but..." Tesla said, grabbing Hutch's arm and pulling him forward as he started to waddle, "We need to go if we don't want to be left behind."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I... It... I... It's not what it looks like!" blurts Joan, feeling caught out.
Argent wrote:"For the last time Tes... , wait... you're not Tesla. Um... Koa! How many times do I gotta tell you guys just because it's in a bottle doesn't mean you can drink it! Don't your owners teach you nothing? Nobody's drinking it. No! Body! It's medicine and nobody here's sick! It just spilled 'cos the cork was all stuck and I'm not real strong so I kinda slipped!"

Crouched there, panting heavily with frustration, hand on the open bottle, he certainly looks like someone's been drinking.
"Yeah, what Sixtoes said. Only it's not medicine. It's moonshine. I'd never risk drinking it though. I've heard horror stories about it. I know the dangers of drinking in pregnancy too and trust me, I've no intention of hurting the baby. So how's the garden looking? Are those flowers you put in coming up? What did you say they were called again?"

~~~~
"Yeah."
"Let's go get food. I'm hungry."
"You said it!" The two rabbits follow the other pets up towards the house.
"Don't forget to bring your shovel thing, Tesla." reminds Piper.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa tried to regain his balance and sighed in relief after hearing that Joan wasn't drinking it. His nose was still sensitive to the smell of alcohol and like wise still can't stand the smell of it. He help his nose trying to stop from smelling it and looked at Six-toes. "Six that isn't medicine. It's is however bad for you whether you are sick or not...." Koa spaced out for a second. "Now can you please put a cap on that thing? I can't stand the smell of it." He asked wearily as he walked over to sit on the floor in front of Kousa. Wanting to continue with the Jade. Kousa places her arms over Koa, hugging his neck and watches him pick up the jade.

Once he got settled down on the floor and began polishing the gem, he looked up at Joan to answer her question about the garden. "The garden is fine. I just had to change the soil and water them for the most part." He answered before looking back down at the gem. "I'm growing asters, toad lilies and colchicums. They look really nice and add some color to the house."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Esper wrote:"I think so, I wasn't up there for very long you know, but..." Tesla said, grabbing Hutch's arm and pulling him forward as he started to waddle, "We need to go if we don't want to be left behind."
Hutch yipped slightly as he was suddenly grabbed and dragged to the rocks. He climbed over, climbed back up and lent a paw to Tesla for the corgi to climb over.
We left it here at the entrance of this hole because it ran out of gas or something, right? Hutch asked.
---
Blizzard stayed quiet as he rejoined Koa.
Does the color of the house blend well with the flowers? Blizzard asked.