HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh, you sure do!" Piper smiles, crossing the road with Leslie and stopping in front of Lucky's door.
"Er, I gave you the key, Lucky..." she says, stepping aside so the buck can get to the door.

maybe Lucky is not so Lucky, and lost the key already...
Oreo chimes in..
After all we pets don't wear those silly clothes the hoomans do with all those pockets.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Hlaoroo wrote: ~~~~
"You're welcome! It's dried cow liver. Jerky but made with liver instead of sirloin." the nurse tells Sunny as he hands Chester the receipt, vaccination certificates and a fridge magnet with the clinic's details in case of emergency.
"And thank you, sir! Hopefully we'll see you again some time!"
"Thank you, Ms uhm...nurse ma'am! This is really good!" He seemed genuinely happy with the treat as he gnawed on it while Chester finished everything up.

"No problem, I'll be sure to see you again if anything comes up with either of my two pets. I hope they weren't any trouble."
Gameb18oy wrote: He gripped her paw and looked a bit confused, sniffing it a bit trying to figure out her intent. "...do humans tend to do that to thank pets? I'm used to mom just giving me fish when I do something good." He looked over at Sunny, who already seemed in higher spirits due to the treat. "regardless, you can tell me after I talk to him" He walked over to Sunny. "Hey mister golden sun, would you mind if I asked my mom, to come with me to the party you mentioned? I dont think mom will want me going out on my own since otters are odd pets, people dont always believe I'm legit if she's not around, and she wouldnt want me in the pound because I couldn't prove I was a pet between your house and ours"
Luna looked at Rudder. "Yeah, my human does it to me all the time. I figured it was appropriate..." Luna said as she gave him a shrug before she noticed the otter went to talk to Sunny.

Sunny looked up from his treat, his tail wagging. "Hmm? Oh hey, Rudder, right? You want your mom to come? Sure! The more the merrier! I don't see a problem with that. If anything my owner would probably prefer if your owner came along." Sunny admitted as he chewed on his treat, before heading over towards Chester as he was walking away from the receptionist.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:
"Heh, you sure do!" Piper smiles, crossing the road with Leslie and stopping in front of Lucky's door.
"Er, I gave you the key, Lucky..." she says, stepping aside so the buck can get to the door.
Keeshah wrote:

maybe Lucky is not so Lucky, and lost the key already...
Oreo chimes in..
After all we pets don't wear those silly clothes the hoomans do with all those pockets.
Lucky looked down at the hoodie he was wearing. "Yep. Never wear clothes." He took the key out of his pocket and opened up the door.
----
Hlaoroo wrote: "I know, Kilo, I know." Flynn sighs irritably before nodding in acknowledgement of Ryyn's gesture.
"Yup, ready." he nods, jumping to his feet, but this time remembering to make sure Kilo is secure. He rolls his eyes at the mouse's comment.
"You're as relevant as the rest of us, Kilo!" he assures the mouse as he heads for the door.
"That didn't come out quite right but you know what I mean."

Ryyn nods. "He's right, Kilo. He's the heart, you're the brains, and I'm the brawn. We're like something...that works in tandem. LIke a...uh...something."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I have a cote," Leslie added, shrugging, "I were it sumtimes," he added, stepping inside. "Huh," he continued, taking it off and hanging it up, "I'm wereing it now!"
---------------------
"I only mean irrelevant in that I am proceeding on your shoulder, my boy," Kilo explained.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:With Sally now on his back and everyone accounted for, Deus stood up and started walking through the path in the woods. It was fairly clear he made the path himself.

"I'm Sorry if it's rude, but it's probably best if I answer that one." Flash said in response to the unnamed mouse's question. "I didn't get an exact count, but it was somewhere between thirty-five and forty."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Always best if you do,Flash," Junper joked, "you've seen them, after all."
"Ooch," Sally said, grimacing at the witticism as they kept moving through the forest.
"Oh," Juniper said, feigning innocence. "Did something hit Sally, mister... um... Snapper? Will that do? And I'd probably not get much from the pictures - although I'm sure they're good."
... The mouse considered that name Juniper had given him... and decided Snapper would suit him just fine, giving a light nod... then remembered "Snapper sounds fine to me, I like it, and I'm sure they other mouse can tell you how good you look" He turns to Flash, seemingly unaware he'd given a compliment to Juniper. "Number sounds small... but if theres that many, I'm mildly surprised I haven't run into one of them... they hiding from predators?"
Hlaoroo wrote: ~~~~
Sam laughs at Sue's question.
"On, the contrary! The rabbit's our best customer." she replies, making sure Calvin's door is child-locked before climbing into the car and starting the engine.
"His name, ironically, is Lucky. And you're not fine until we say you are, Calvin. You passed out twice in five minutes. You're coming back to the clinic and there'll be no arguments." Sam's tone makes it clear that she means business.
Hawkfang42 wrote:"Honestly, I'm fine." Calvin said, "I've taken much worse before, like when I fell down the stairs, or when my brother accidentally forgot to sheathe his claws when he hugged me, or the raccoon. Anyways the point is I'm fine."
Sue ignored Calvin, finding it hard not to think he was being delirious. "Maybe we should hand him a horseshoe or four leaf clovers to see if that helps then. He looked cute though, so I doubt I'll mind seeing him."
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: He gripped her paw and looked a bit confused, sniffing it a bit trying to figure out her intent. "...do humans tend to do that to thank pets? I'm used to mom just giving me fish when I do something good." He looked over at Sunny, who already seemed in higher spirits due to the treat. "regardless, you can tell me after I talk to him" He walked over to Sunny. "Hey mister golden sun, would you mind if I asked my mom, to come with me to the party you mentioned? I dont think mom will want me going out on my own since otters are odd pets, people dont always believe I'm legit if she's not around, and she wouldnt want me in the pound because I couldn't prove I was a pet between your house and ours"
Luna looked at Rudder. "Yeah, my human does it to me all the time. I figured it was appropriate..." Luna said as she gave him a shrug before she noticed the otter went to talk to Sunny.

Sunny looked up from his treat, his tail wagging. "Hmm? Oh hey, Rudder, right? You want your mom to come? Sure! The more the merrier! I don't see a problem with that. If anything my owner would probably prefer if your owner came along." Sunny admitted as he chewed on his treat, before heading over towards Chester as he was walking away from the receptionist.
Rudder looked pleased but mildly puzzled by this. "Why's that? Hopefully its not the sword thing, Sue wouldn't let me bring that to a party sadly, so I'm hoping he's not scared of me biting or something when unsupervised"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I have a cote," Leslie added, shrugging, "I were it sumtimes," he added, stepping inside. "Huh," he continued, taking it off and hanging it up, "I'm wereing it now!"
i only have a harness. should i be wearing it now?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"alright, le's go then" Josh said, leading the pets to his car, an after everyone was in, headed toward the woods near the silos outside the town
"So, how are you all doing? It's been a few days since that whole....er....thing, right? How is your wound Flynn?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nah," Leslie said, grinning to his best friend, "there not for Pierats! Or Pieskunks."
-----------------------
Kilo grew notably quieter the closer they got to the silo. "I'm fine, Josh," wasabout all hemanaged to say.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Sam laughs at Sue's question.
"On, the contrary! The rabbit's our best customer." she replies, making sure Calvin's door is child-locked before climbing into the car and starting the engine.
"His name, ironically, is Lucky. And you're not fine until we say you are, Calvin. You passed out twice in five minutes. You're coming back to the clinic and there'll be no arguments." Sam's tone makes it clear that she means business.
"How long is the ride, will I be staying long, I need to do something.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, no trouble at all! In fact, they were the best behaved pets we've had all day!" the nurse smiles, knowing full well they're the only pets they've had all day since the clinic has only just opened.

~~~~
"A team." Flynn agrees with Ryyn.
"Eh, throbs a bit but nothing I can't handle. And they've given me some pretty strong meds for the pain." Flynn answers, noting Kilo's discomfort.
"Do you want to ride in the sling for a bit so you don't have to look?" he asks the mouse. His wound is in his upper arm so there's a small amount of room on his forearm for the mouse to secrete himself.

~~~~
"A harness, Oreo? You want to be a working pet then?" Piper asks, following Lucky into the kitchen.

~~~~
"He knows the ropes so he's well behaved and lets us do what we need to without complaint." Sam informs Sue.
"The only thing you need to do, Calvin, is to behave and let us treat you." she instructs the cat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Always best if you do,Flash," Junper joked, "you've seen them, after all."
"Ooch," Sally said, grimacing at the witticism as they kept moving through the forest.
"Oh," Juniper said, feigning innocence. "Did something hit Sally, mister... um... Snapper? Will that do? And I'd probably not get much from the pictures - although I'm sure they're good."
Gameb18oy wrote:... The mouse considered that name Juniper had given him... and decided Snapper would suit him just fine, giving a light nod... then remembered "Snapper sounds fine to me, I like it, and I'm sure they other mouse can tell you how good you look" He turns to Flash, seemingly unaware he'd given a compliment to Juniper. "Number sounds small... but if theres that many, I'm mildly surprised I haven't run into one of them... they hiding from predators?"
"I can tell you exactly that." Flash whispered, wrapping an arm around Juniper. "In fact, I'm worried his pictures probably didn't turn out so well. Your radiant beauty no doubt caused a lens flare."

Speaking to the new mouse who's name is apparently Snapper now, flash answered his question. "It's something like that. They're living in our cave because no predator with any survival instinct goes within half a mile of the place. Not smart to wander into a bear's territory without the bear's permission."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nah," Leslie said, grinning to his best friend, "there not for Pierats! Or Pieskunks."
OH! I'm deffently a PIE eating skunk!!!
Hlaoroo wrote: "A harness, Oreo? You want to be a working pet then?" Piper asks, following Lucky into the kitchen.
I was working before? i thought it was just to make sure that i stayed in the yard and didn'ts wonder offs
Last edited by Keeshah on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Kilo mused, "oh, no no. I'd still see the memory, even if I didn't see the reality, Flynn." he sighed. "They've cleaned up the area, I think."
------------------------------
"I remembur heering sumfing about Pankakes," Leslie said, making sure his collar was still on.
Nola unpacked her stuff after Thomas selected boxes she had in the attic. Some of her boxes he left up there. She didn't want to see those blankets and pictures.
-----------------------------
Juniper chuckled and leaned in close on Flash's shoulder. "Flattery," she whispered, "will get you everywhere. But only in private" She wondered if he could hold his composure now...
"I'd imagine a lot of predators stay away from you, Mr Deus," Sally said. "Don't worry, I won't tell them you're a nice guy."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Well, who says I'm trying to flatter? I'm just calling it like it is!" Flash said, hugging Juniper tighter.

Deus ignored them and thanked Sally. "We almost there." he said.

Sure enough, walking through a couple of busted up bushes and turning a corner at a fallen tree landed them right next to the river. Deus started walking the group upstream until they reached a shallow sinkhole, the entrance to the cave. "We're here." Deus said, kneeling down to let Sally off of his back.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Oh really.. Collecting the plastic wrap the steaks were in, and squeezing the left over blood out onto one of the sizzling steaks..
There you go, extra bloody for madame puma.
Yesssss...” Senka mumbled softly, watching with concentrated eyes as the blood dripped onto the meat. “Have I ever told you that of all the humans, you might be the one I can stand the most?
Keeshah wrote:[Well that s kinda complex..
Been busy learning to care for animals, working the ranch..
Not to mention i tend to intimidate the males of my species, so that makes finding a mate a bit harder..
I mean Who else has a Cougar! as their pet cat...?
Hmm, sounds like... excuses to me.” The mountain quipped, talking between bouts of scarfing down the bloody meat. She was also quite happy the topic had moved away from her own absence of a mate.

Wasn’t there that one guy you went to dinner with or whatever?”
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Alright, we're here!" Josh said, trying to be as loud and excited as he could to distract everyone from the memories they just drove pass, stopping the car right next to the woods.
"Well not *here* here, we gotta walk a little bit more, but you know what I mean." he said, reaching out a hand to Flynn
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I have a cote," Leslie added, shrugging, "I were it sumtimes," he added, stepping inside. "Huh," he continued, taking it off and hanging it up, "I'm wereing it now!"
i only have a harness. should i be wearing it now?
"Does it protect you? That's what's worth wearing." Lucky indicates his hoodie. "This is thick and offers some protection." Turning to Piper, he adds, "I've been thinking of getting some kind of breastplate. Thoughts?" His tone sounds like he is only half joking.
--------
"You could also ride with me, if you want a change of pace, Kilo." Offers Ryyn.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Hlaoroo wrote: "He knows the ropes so he's well behaved and lets us do what we need to without complaint." Sam informs Sue.
"The only thing you need to do, Calvin, is to behave and let us treat you." she instructs the cat.
"Okay, I'd like to see the new Star Wars movie, he even got me a ticket," Calvin said, wiping away tears, "It's just my allergies; actually, there were two, one for him… I'll keep it as a reminder of my brother."
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote:"Does it protect you? That's what's worth wearing." Lucky indicates his hoodie. "This is thick and offers some protection." Turning to Piper, he adds, "I've been thinking of getting some kind of breastplate. Thoughts?" His tone sounds like he is only half joking.
what do you need a breastplate for?... I had no Idea that you were a female rabbit!!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you, Mr. Deus," Sally said, dropping down carefully so Snapper wouldn't fall off.
"I can smell the river. It seems very close by," Juniper said.
-------------------------
"Oh, no, no. Thank you Ryyn," Kilo said, dragging himself from despondency. "Sometimes advice needs to be directed quietly to the ear, hmm?"
-------------------------
"Do some lunch," Nola remarked from where her head was, inside the fridge, "then we can hit up that Mutts' party. Sunny. Whatever. Might be some fun types there."
------------------------
"I fink that's sum sort of armor," Leslie said before looking confused. "Not the rite wurd. Yew ware it on your chest, not yore arm. Must be Chestor."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yep! The river is right next to the cave. I can actually see it from here." Flash said while he helped Juniper into Deus's paw so he could set them down. Once they were on the ground, Flash held Juniper's hand and guided her into the cave. "So are you excited about seeing the survivors?"

Deus on the other hand was mostly paying attention to Sally and Snapper. He figured Flash would guide Juniper. "So... This is cave." He said. "While Flash and Juniper explore, what you want do?"
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote: "He knows the ropes so he's well behaved and lets us do what we need to without complaint." Sam informs Sue.
"Wonder how Rudder is doing while I was away. Is the clinic often busy? I wouldn't be surprised if he'd get bored there once the other pets leave"
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Always best if you do,Flash," Junper joked, "you've seen them, after all."
Gameb18oy wrote:... The mouse considered that name Juniper had given him... and decided Snapper would suit him just fine, giving a light nod... then remembered "Snapper sounds fine to me, I like it, and I'm sure they other mouse can tell you how good you look" He turns to Flash, seemingly unaware he'd given a compliment to Juniper. "Number sounds small... but if theres that many, I'm mildly surprised I haven't run into one of them... they hiding from predators?"
"I can tell you exactly that." Flash whispered, wrapping an arm around Juniper. "In fact, I'm worried his pictures probably didn't turn out so well. Your radiant beauty no doubt caused a lens flare."

Speaking to the new mouse who's name is apparently Snapper now, flash answered his question. "It's something like that. They're living in our cave because no predator with any survival instinct goes within half a mile of the place. Not smart to wander into a bear's territory without the bear's permission."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Juniper chuckled and leaned in close on Flash's shoulder. "Flattery," she whispered, "will get you everywhere. But only in private" She wondered if he could hold his composure now...
"I'd imagine a lot of predators stay away from you, Mr Deus," Sally said. "Don't worry, I won't tell them you're a nice guy."
CyberDragon wrote:"Well, who says I'm trying to flatter? I'm just calling it like it is!" Flash said, hugging Juniper tighter.

Deus ignored them and thanked Sally. "We almost there." he said.

Sure enough, walking through a couple of busted up bushes and turning a corner at a fallen tree landed them right next to the river. Deus started walking the group upstream until they reached a shallow sinkhole, the entrance to the cave. "We're here." Deus said, kneeling down to let Sally off of his back.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you, Mr. Deus," Sally said, dropping down carefully so Snapper wouldn't fall off.
"I can smell the river. It seems very close by," Juniper said.
CyberDragon wrote:"Yep! The river is right next to the cave. I can actually see it from here." Flash said while he helped Juniper into Deus's paw so he could set them down. Once they were on the ground, Flash held Juniper's hand and guided her into the cave. "So are you excited about seeing the survivors?"

Deus on the other hand was mostly paying attention to Sally and Snapper. He figured Flash would guide Juniper. "So... This is cave." He said. "While Flash and Juniper explore, what you want do?"
Snapper had been oddly quiet for most of the trip. It appeared he didn't know what to say to his new similarly sized companions... though one of them might have caught a few eye rolls at their flirting. He gave little protest as Sally stepped down, though his motions about her hair gave a clear signal he was eager to get down, but unsure of a polite way to do so on his own. It was different climbing down a girl than a tree. He did find one of Flash's lines a little odd, and broke his silence as he picked it up. "Isn't that a little rude to say when that's the one thing she can't do with them? Also, do you two mind if I follow you? I'd like them to look over my camera some"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm interested in seeing what the life of a Bear is like, Mr Deus," Sally said before turning her mind to the Snapper situation. "If you come onto my shoulder I can lift you down from there, Snapper," she offered.
"Thank you, Flash," Juniper said, touching the ground. "And Mr. Deus. It's no problem, Snapper. It's just as awkward, sometimes, when people hesitate and try to find another word..."
"...for how strange it is to see you in a dress, Juni," a familiar, almost confident, voice said from the cave. Tracks appeared, wiping his paws with a bit of tissue paper. "Not to mention one of your Humans and a stranger in tow." They gave each other a hug. "I thought we said Juni would come in a few days," he asked Flash rhetorically, knowing full well there would never have been any way of stopping her.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I fink that's sum sort of armor," Leslie said before looking confused. "Not the rite wurd. Yew ware it on your chest, not yore arm. Must be Chestor."

Arrrr you surrrre?
Sniffing lucky all over intently, to try to determine if he really is a buck or a doe...
So he wants to wear a females armour?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Roarin wrote:Yesssss...” Senka mumbled softly, watching with concentrated eyes as the blood dripped onto the meat. “Have I ever told you that of all the humans, you might be the one I can stand the most?

That's a good thing, since i'm the one your stuck with..
Could be that i have always enjoyed being around animals more then other humans.

Roarin wrote:Hmm, sounds like... excuses to me.” The mountain quipped, talking between bouts of scarfing down the bloody meat. She was also quite happy the topic had moved away from her own absence of a mate.

Wasn’t there that one guy you went to dinner with or whatever?”
Oh i see, you want me to have cubs before you?
I'm not sure you would want to put up with a human baby. All the grabbing your ears, yanking your tail, and wiping all kindas of stuff into your fur..
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It is increasingly so. Hence the reason we hired you." Sam answers, ignoring the babbling cat as she turns into the parking lot of the clinic.
"I'm sure Rudder will be fine. You said he's a qualified therapy pet now, right? Think he can help us keep Calvin calm? Or if you'd rather get him settled here first I totally understand. I'm sure I can manage."

~~~~
"How far are we going to walk, Josh?" Flynn asks. He doesn't say it but he knows the vet has instructed him not to do anything strenuous for at least a week. He's willing to risk it for Nadia's sake though.

~~~~
"No, it's a general and old-fashioned term for the upper chest area." Piper giggles.
"And I think you'd look really cute as a knight, Lucky!" the doe pulls a clean spatula from a drawer and offers it to Lucky handle-first with a flourish and a bow.
"Your sword, my liege!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper had been oddly quiet for most of the trip. It appeared he didn't know what to say to his new similarly sized companions... though one of them might have caught a few eye rolls at their flirting. He gave little protest as Sally stepped down, though his motions about her hair gave a clear signal he was eager to get down, but unsure of a polite way to do so on his own. It was different climbing down a girl than a tree. He did find one of Flash's lines a little odd, and broke his silence as he picked it up. "Isn't that a little rude to say when that's the one thing she can't do with them? Also, do you two mind if I follow you? I'd like them to look over my camera some"
"Figure of speech, Snapper. Though..." He looks at Juniper. "I'm sorry if that was insensitive. That wasn't my intent."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'm interested in seeing what the life of a Bear is like, Mr Deus," Sally said before turning her mind to the Snapper situation. "If you come onto my shoulder I can lift you down from there, Snapper," she offered.
"Thank you, Flash," Juniper said, touching the ground. "And Mr. Deus. It's no problem, Snapper. It's just as awkward, sometimes, when people hesitate and try to find another word..."
"...for how strange it is to see you in a dress, Juni," a familiar, almost confident, voice said from the cave. Tracks appeared, wiping his paws with a bit of tissue paper. "Not to mention one of your Humans and a stranger in tow." They gave each other a hug. "I thought we said Juni would come in a few days," he asked Flash rhetorically, knowing full well there would never have been any way of stopping her.
Deus shrugged. "Stay home, carve when bored, play board game with flash sometimes, fish and gather berries when hungry, beat up predator that wanders too close... not too exciting." The bear replied to Sally before leading her into the cave. "Would be cleaner, but was not expecting company."

"She still wanted to visit." Flash said to Tracks. "It will be fine. I'll help guide her when she's in the cave."
-Champion Motto

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Oh, no, no. Thank you Ryyn," Kilo said, dragging himself from despondency. "Sometimes advice needs to be directed quietly to the ear, hmm?"
Hlaoroo wrote: "How far are we going to walk, Josh?" Flynn asks. He doesn't say it but he knows the vet has instructed him not to do anything strenuous for at least a week. He's willing to risk it for Nadia's sake though.
Rynn nods at what Kilo said. "If you're worried, Flynn, I can carry you," He offers.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I fink that's sum sort of armor," Leslie said before looking confused. "Not the rite wurd. Yew ware it on your chest, not yore arm. Must be Chestor."
"
Hlaoroo wrote: "No, it's a general and old-fashioned term for the upper chest area." Piper giggles.
"And I think you'd look really cute as a knight, Lucky!" the doe pulls a clean spatula from a drawer and offers it to Lucky handle-first with a flourish and a bow.
"Your sword, my liege!"
"Exactly, it's for your chest. Not sure I'd be a very good knight, but..." he shrugs. He takes the spatula. "Thank you. ...And wouldn't I be sir?

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It is increasingly so. Hence the reason we hired you." Sam answers, ignoring the babbling cat as she turns into the parking lot of the clinic.
"I'm sure Rudder will be fine. You said he's a qualified therapy pet now, right? Think he can help us keep Calvin calm? Or if you'd rather get him settled here first I totally understand. I'm sure I can manage."
Sue thought that over a bit. "... he might, but honestly, I might just decide based on how he's adjusting to the clinic. He's good at hiding it due to the training, but he gets restless in new places at times when he's not kept entertained. He's also probably really upset he can't use his sword some, it's like a comfort blanket for him"
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper had been oddly quiet for most of the trip. It appeared he didn't know what to say to his new similarly sized companions... though one of them might have caught a few eye rolls at their flirting. He gave little protest as Sally stepped down, though his motions about her hair gave a clear signal he was eager to get down, but unsure of a polite way to do so on his own. It was different climbing down a girl than a tree. He did find one of Flash's lines a little odd, and broke his silence as he picked it up. "Isn't that a little rude to say when that's the one thing she can't do with them? Also, do you two mind if I follow you? I'd like them to look over my camera some"
"Figure of speech, Snapper. Though..." He looks at Juniper. "I'm sorry if that was insensitive. That wasn't my intent."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'm interested in seeing what the life of a Bear is like, Mr Deus," Sally said before turning her mind to the Snapper situation. "If you come onto my shoulder I can lift you down from there, Snapper," she offered.
Deus shrugged. "Stay home, carve when bored, play board game with flash sometimes, fish and gather berries when hungry, beat up predator that wanders too close... not too exciting." The bear replied to Sally before leading her into the cave. "Would be cleaner, but was not expecting company."

"She still wanted to visit." Flash said to Tracks. "It will be fine. I'll help guide her when she's in the cave."
"That would be lovely if you could" Snapper stood still to make it easier for Sally to pick him up. He got straight to business when he saw Tracks. "Are you one of the Silo mice? Any of you know how a camera works if so?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sally lifted the Field mouse down to the ground, feeling a little like an elevator before letting him get off and stand up.
"Well," Tracks said, gently releasing the hug, "I suppose she is a little like a freight train in that regard. Get her going and there's no stopping her. Ow," he complained as she hit him. He looked to Snapper. "Well, sort of," he explained, offering a handpaw, "I'm not sure we can call ourselves that without a silo but... yes. And, as for the camera? Well..." he said, sucking his teeth. "there's always Watt. He's been working with some of the others to get a water wheel going from scratch but I think..."
"...Did someone say my name, what what" said a slightly high pitched voice from the left of the cave mouth.
Juniper rolled her eyes. "Nice to hear you again, Watt," she said.
"I could say the same for you Juniper and I see you've brought some non-conductive fabric we might be able to use, what what?" the little grey-fur gabbled, wringing his paws together as he headed straight past her towards Snapper, fixating on the newcomer.
"You mean I'm wearing a dress," Juniper asked, amused.
"Yes yes that's what I said, what what?" He peered at Snapper from close up. "You're new, what what? Is that Human yours? What is it you want, what?"
"This is why we've been keeping him away from you," Tracks muttered to Flash.
"So what do you carve, Mr Deus," Sally asked, when Watt paused for breath.
-----------------------------
"Sur Rabitfoot the furst," Leslie enthused, doing an elaborate bow to Lucky.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deus gestured over to a corner of the cave that was absolutely filled with carvings. There was a three-quarter-sized statue of Deus with Flash standing on it's shoulder, various carvings of woodland animals, a perfectly detailed carving of a fish hanging on a wooden plaque, even a simple bed with detailed carvings of bears and mice on the posts. Or rather, it was less a bed and more a wooden box that contained bedding inside of it. He had yet to find a mattress while scavenging. The bed did have blankets though. In addition to the actual carvings, Deus apparently also carved a chess board into a wooden stump, complete with carved out chess pieces. "I have lots spare time." He said.

"Wait, you're setting up a water wheel?" Flash asked, tilting his head a little.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

As Kandi began listing out the things an infant child could do to her the mountain lion slowly began to look less and less sure of her assertion. She wrinkled her nose. “Isn’t that why humans have those cages they put their cubs in? So they don’t get into any trouble and accidentally get eaten? Mmh... speaking of... human infants are so small and helpless, kinds weird how they grow up to become people like well... you.” Senka chomped down another slice of delicious meat.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "How far are we going to walk, Josh?" Flynn asks. He doesn't say it but he knows the vet has instructed him not to do anything strenuous for at least a week. He's willing to risk it for Nadia's sake though.
"Honestly I'm.........not entirely sure" Josh chuckled a bit sheepishly "But we have time, if you're tired, we can take a break any time, or Ryyn can carry you yeah"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. I'll leave it to your judgement then." Sam tells Sue as they exit the car and collect Calvin from the back.

~~~~
Flynn wants to turn down the offer of being carried but he knows it's probably not wise, just in case.
"Well, we'll see how we go." he states before deciding to lighten the mood with a joke.
"You sure you can carry me and Kilo at the same time though, Ryyn? He's let himself go a bit in his old age. He weighs almost twenty grams now."

~~~~
"Hmm, true. I am your betrothed rather than your squire. Oreo, Leslie, you guys wanna be squires?" Piper asks as she doles out stacks of pancakes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally lifted the Field mouse down to the ground, feeling a little like an elevator before letting him get off and stand up.
"Well," Tracks said, gently releasing the hug, "I suppose she is a little like a freight train in that regard. Get her going and there's no stopping her. Ow," he complained as she hit him. He looked to Snapper. "Well, sort of," he explained, offering a handpaw, "I'm not sure we can call ourselves that without a silo but... yes. And, as for the camera? Well..." he said, sucking his teeth. "there's always Watt. He's been working with some of the others to get a water wheel going from scratch but I think..."
"...Did someone say my name, what what" said a slightly high pitched voice from the left of the cave mouth.
Juniper rolled her eyes. "Nice to hear you again, Watt," she said.
"I could say the same for you Juniper and I see you've brought some non-conductive fabric we might be able to use, what what?" the little grey-fur gabbled, wringing his paws together as he headed straight past her towards Snapper, fixating on the newcomer.
"You mean I'm wearing a dress," Juniper asked, amused.
"Yes yes that's what I said, what what?" He peered at Snapper from close up. "You're new, what what? Is that Human yours? What is it you want, what?"
"This is why we've been keeping him away from you," Tracks muttered to Flash.
"So what do you carve, Mr Deus," Sally asked, when Watt paused for breath.
... Snapper was puzzled by the speaking pattern of Watt, and being young, his ability to hide it was limited. He spoke after just staring at the mouse for an uncomfortable amount of silence, trying to figure out how to respond. "Um... well no, the human isn't mine. I've not had an owner for awhile now." He held his tail close to his chest with one paw, fidgeting with it slightly to better work with his nerves. "I've kinda been looking for you guys for awhile, have a camera that was built for my size" He moved it so Watt could handle it a bit. "I honestly dont know how to fix some issues I've been having with it for awhile." He turned his face over to Tracks for the next thing he said. "You mentioned a water wheel? I'm guessing you mentioned that because you assumed there might be an issue on it's charge. It be nice if I didn't have to steal batteries or chew through some wires to keep it going, but honestly it won't help much if the other issues I've been having can't be addressed"
Hlaoroo wrote:"All right. I'll leave it to your judgement then." Sam tells Sue as they exit the car and collect Calvin from the back.
Sue begins to walk in ahead of Sam, wanting to make sure the area was low stress for Calvin
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Hmm, true. I am your betrothed rather than your squire. Oreo, Leslie, you guys wanna be squires?" Piper asks as she doles out stacks of pancakes.
can i be the King? I hear it's good to be the King!

Roarin wrote:As Kandi began listing out the things an infant child could do to her the mountain lion slowly began to look less and less sure of her assertion. She wrinkled her nose. “Isn’t that why humans have those cages they put their cubs in? So they don’t get into any trouble and accidentally get eaten? Mmh... speaking of... human infants are so small and helpless, kinds weird how they grow up to become people like well... you.” Senka chomped down another slice of delicious meat.
An it will take a human baby most of your life span, just to get to the level of development that your at now.
An yes there are cribs and baby leashes, but once they start crawling it seems like they suddenly get 10foot long arms.
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:

Rudder looked pleased but mildly puzzled by this. "Why's that? Hopefully its not the sword thing, Sue wouldn't let me bring that to a party sadly, so I'm hoping he's not scared of me biting or something when unsupervised"[/quote]

"The sword thing, that and well we're new. The last time we were too trusting with our neighborhood pets I ended up at the vet." Sunny noted as he chuckled, before looking over at Chester whom had just finished up.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, no trouble at all! In fact, they were the best behaved pets we've had all day!" the nurse smiles, knowing full well they're the only pets they've had all day since the clinic has only just opened.
Chester smiles at the nurse. "If we need anything else, we'll be sure to come back." Chester said before turning to Sunny and Luna. [color=4040FF]"Come on guys...say goodbye to your otter friend Sunny."[/color] Sunny of course looked at Rudder before giving him a hug. "I hope I see you again soon." His cheerful demeanor was back and the treat the nurse gave him totally lifted his spirits.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes," Tracks replied, "well, the idea is that, if he can make a generator or whatever from the bits Deus brought back we can use a water wheel to generate the power and link up some lights or something."
"Hmm," said Watt, looking up from the camera. "what, what? Oh, the power , yes? Make a generatoor from that no trouble, what what? It'll look strange but it'll work, what what? As for this? saw some in the exhibition, what what. I was the mouse in the maze," he explained to Snapper. "I got shocks if I went the wrong way and grains if I went right, what what? I, er, went wrong a lot what what? The power and whatever was in the food made me smart but," he twitched slightly, "perhaps a bit odd due to the watts, what what?" He grinned, as though indicating that last time had been a joke. "This is a micro feed insert, what what," he queried, pointing to a small 'female' port on the camera. "you use a cable to connect it to a phone or computer, what what? It might charge it or just take the pictures from the camera, what what? We probably have a cable that fits and the Human probably has a cellphone that might work as a computer, what what?"
"I have a name," Sally complained. "I'm Sally."
"I'm certain you are, what what," the strange Mouse replied, "but I'm terrible with names and you're the only Human here." He looked back to Snapper. "What issues, what what?"
Sally looked at the carvings, reaching out to touch some of them after checking that was OK. "You've very good, Mr Deus," she said, "you should show these to people," she added, not thinking of herself as a person being shown them as she idly made a move with the Chess pieces.
"It's never quiet with Watt about," Juniper complained lightly as Flash led her in.
-------------------------------
"But Kings dont get tew hav fun," Leslie pointed out. "all the rules theve got tew make the get no tyme!"
"Well, as soon as the wheel is back up and running that gram will go. When I let go of the stick."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm. Why couldn't the king make a rule that says he gets to have fun, Leslie?" Piper asks as she passes out the pancake-laden plates.

~~~~
"You know, Kilo, I bet I could rig you up a whole gym if you wanted. Weight machines, barbells, dumbbells, even a candle-heated sauna. Heh, I could even rig up a massager to act as one of those jiggly-belt-machine-thingies." The buck is grinning at the idea.

~~~~
Sam follows Sue's cues as they transport the cat to an empty consulting room.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "But Kings dont get tew hav fun," Leslie pointed out. "all the rules theve got tew make the get no tyme!"
Don't know about that, Still wanna give it a try
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "But Kings dont get tew hav fun," Leslie pointed out. "all the rules theve got tew make the get no tyme!"
Don't know about that, Still wanna give it a try
"Pretty sure that at your age, you'd have a regent ruling for you," notes Lucky. Then he leans over to Piper and with a wry smiles whispers, "After all, who in their right mind would make him king?"

-----
Hlaoroo wrote: "You know, Kilo, I bet I could rig you up a whole gym if you wanted. Weight machines, barbells, dumbbells, even a candle-heated sauna. Heh, I could even rig up a massager to act as one of those jiggly-belt-machine-thingies." The buck is grinning at the idea.
"You should totally do that, Kilo!" says Ryyn. We could be workout buddies.