HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie looked confused as he tried to puzzle out how to get friends old and new to the vet and his ears twisted back a couple of times as he put a finger to his lips and thought. Something was puzzling him. Something Cala had just said. What was it..? "Wat's Jeepy yes,(G.P.S)" he asked her.
"I'm afraid the tree's still standing," Chip told Kryo, "but parks and rec have a surgeon on speed dial!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie looked confused as he tried to puzzle out how to get friends old and new to the vet and his ears twisted back a couple of times as he put a finger to his lips and thought. Something was puzzling him. Something Cala had just said. What was it..? "Wat's Jeepy yes,(G.P.S)" he asked her.
"I'm afraid the tree's still standing," Chip told Kryo, "but parks and rec have a surgeon on speed dial!"

Right.. lets all git in the car, an git to the vet.. an fight about getting in the car later..
Some pets might still be bleeding or something
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie looked confused as he tried to puzzle out how to get friends old and new to the vet and his ears twisted back a couple of times as he put a finger to his lips and thought. Something was puzzling him. Something Cala had just said. What was it..? "Wat's Jeepy yes,(G.P.S)" he asked her.
"Oh, it's an acronym for Global Positioning System. Basically your signal is measured by satellites in the sky which are used to triangulate your location. Thanks to all the online resources, you can use it to travel pretty much anywhere you can get by land. It gives you your location, your destination, and the fastest path." Cala summarizes, trying to give a simple answer. She hasn't studied the process much and figures if she got more specific she'd get something wrong. "Anthony knows all about it."
Keeshah wrote: Right.. lets all git in the car, an git to the vet.. an fight about getting in the car later..
Some pets might still be bleeding or something
Cala nods, stepping towards the car. "I concur, places to be and all. Are we good here?" She asks generally, making sure that they've finished preparation as she peeks back at the car again.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It did!" Paul answers, hanging up the IV bag trailing from the unconscious cougar's arm.
"Thanks, Kandi. We plugged up all the leaky bits inside her so she'll be just fine! She's going to be very sore for a bit and she'll need to take it easy for a couple of weeks but she'll be right as rain before you know it." the vet assures, making sure oxygen is still flowing through the mask attached to Kassandra's face.
"Come in here with us if you want, Senka. You might be very useful actually. Now, there are two ways animals wake from anaesthetic. Either they're really slow and groggy and just sort of lie there or they just spring up and try to fight or flee because the adrenaline kicks in while they can't understand what's happening or where they are. Hopefully Kassandra will be the former but if she's the latter we'll need you to help hold her down and calm her down so she doesn't hurt herself. I probably don't need to tell you this, but remember she's a cat so if she's aggressive she'll use both teeth AND claws so be careful. I don't want to have to stitch up three cougars in one day."

~~~~
"Easy, Kryo. Just lie still for me, okay? I'm Jackie, the vet. You've got a nasty concussion so we're just going to take some x-rays to make sure nothing is broken. Is your stomach sore too? I notice you're holding it. Let me see, please." Wearing gloves, the vet gently tries to move the dog's paws so she can check for blood.
"Can you remember much of what happened? Do you know what day it is? And how did a mouse get in here? You'd better jump in my pocket so you're out of the way, hon. Can't have you getting zapped when we x-ray Kryo." Jackie holds an empty pocket of her scrubs open for the mouse to hop into.

~~~~
"Cor, sounds delicious! Never had seaweed but I'm game to try it! I bet it's salty!" Flynn grins, pouring a drop from the kettle onto his finger and licking it off.
"Oh wow! Lemony! I did NOT see that coming! This is gonna be awesome!"
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Guess we should dig in." Nadia smiled at Flynn "Want me to toss the salad for ya?"
"Hmm. No thanks. I get the feeling you'll just toss it all over me. Or maybe toss me in it." Flynn jokes.
"But thanks for saving me from the fish sauce!"

~~~~
For once without a quip or sarcastic word, Simon follows meekly behind the cat.

~~~~
"Um... Okay. Thanks, Mister Flash!" Olivia smiles again, clinging tightly to the bear.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Easy, Kryo. Just lie still for me, okay? I'm Jackie, the vet. You've got a nasty concussion so we're just going to take some x-rays to make sure nothing is broken. Is your stomach sore too? I notice you're holding it. Let me see, please." Wearing gloves, the vet gently tries to move the dog's paws so she can check for blood.
"Can you remember much of what happened? Do you know what day it is? And how did a mouse get in here? You'd better jump in my pocket so you're out of the way, hon. Can't have you getting zapped when we x-ray Kryo." Jackie holds an empty pocket of her scrubs open for the mouse to hop into.
Kryo nods and moves his paws away from his stomach, revealing a nasty looking scar on it, "Had it for a while," He said, "Got stabbed by a rowdy human at one of my owner's concerts...still hurts every so often..."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky sits in the waiting room, his legs swinging off of his chair. He obviously hate the vet, even under normal circumstances. This is worse.
----------
Ryyn digs into his meal, stuffing his face. "This is good!"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote:
"Believe it or not, we're the same age. We met each other as little kids. Neither of us had a family, so we kind of raised each other." Flash said with a casual shrug. "We've been best friends our whole lives, and we help each other survive out here."

"Little busy now." Deus grunted to Sunny. "Need drop off mice at cave, and Flash need show them around. You... not hunt, do you?" he asked the two, though his question was mainly directed at the cat among them.
"The only thing we hunt for is fun, friends and good neighbors. You'd be really surprised how hard that is to find nowadays." Sunny said as he looked back to Luna.

"I'm just here to make sure Sunny here doesn't get hurt too bad, that and my dad feeds me all I want. I have no need to hunt anymore and besides, any friend of Sunny is a friend of mine, especially if that friend happens to be a big, killer bear." Luna said as she gave Deus a reassuring smile.

CyberDragon wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Did you get my dollies?" Olivia asks before falling silent and trying to hide in the bear's fur at the sight of the predators.

"Huh?" Flash was distracted for a bit by the arrival of the cat and dog. He almost forgot to give Olivia her friends back. "Oh! Yeah, I have them right here." He zipped around the back of Deus's neck to the other shoulder. "Don't worry, the dog and the cat won't hurt you. Especially not while you're on Deus's shoulders. Why don't I hold on to your friends until we get to your new home? That way they'll be safe, and you can keep holding on to my friend here, ok?"
"Awww, hey that's cute, is she like your little sister or something Flash?" Sunny asked about Olivia, though from he could only hear the difference if just a bit to know there was someone else up there with Flash and noticing the context of the situation and the way he was talking he had assumed the mouse much much younger than Flash.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

DdeeStar wrote: "Oh, it's an acronym for Global Positioning System. Basically your signal is measured by satellites in the sky which are used to triangulate your location. Thanks to all the online resources, you can use it to travel pretty much anywhere you can get by land. It gives you your location, your destination, and the fastest path." Cala summarizes, trying to give a simple answer. She hasn't studied the process much and figures if she got more specific she'd get something wrong. "Anthony knows all about it."

well that doesn't sound right, tracking us when there not around.. I wouldn't want my owners knowing everywhere i've been..
Oreo says. still unaware that there is a positioning sensor on his collar that is tracking him.
DdeeStar wrote:Cala nods, stepping towards the car. "I concur, places to be and all. Are we good here?" She asks generally, making sure that they've finished preparation as she peeks back at the car again.
Oreo hops up into Cala's lap for the ride..

Hlaoroo wrote: "Come in here with us if you want, Senka. You might be very useful actually. Now, there are two ways animals wake from anaesthetic. Either they're really slow and groggy and just sort of lie there or they just spring up and try to fight or flee because the adrenaline kicks in while they can't understand what's happening or where they are. Hopefully Kassandra will be the former but if she's the latter we'll need you to help hold her down and calm her down so she doesn't hurt herself. I probably don't need to tell you this, but remember she's a cat so if she's aggressive she'll use both teeth AND claws so be careful. I don't want to have to stitch up three cougars in one day."
You have nail nippers handy? We could clip her claws blunt so she can't hook anyone..
Remember, felines grab then bite. if they can't get ahold of you, they wont bite.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Citrisfur

Introduction - Tiramisu!

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hello, Miss," Leslie said politely, trying not to snigger at Nadia's reaction. "Eye'm Leslie. Thisus Oreo, Miss Cala and Nadia. Umm..." He tried to figure some way out of the current problems. "Oreo no's the way tew the Vets, rite? I can walk wif Nadia if yew know the way, Oreo?"
DdeeStar wrote:Cala nods, stepping towards the car. "I concur, places to be and all. Are we good here?" She asks generally, making sure that they've finished preparation as she peeks back at the car again.
"Yes, walking is fine. That's all," Nadir frowns, stepping back from the car.

"I'm Tiramisu," the other cat says. "If the raccoon's not riding in the car, can I take her seat?"
Last edited by Citrisfur on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Keeshah wrote: well that doesn't sound right, tracking us when there not around.. I wouldn't want my owners knowing everywhere i've been..
Oreo says. still unaware that there is a positioning sensor on his collar that is tracking him.
Cala taps the black box on her collar. "That's what this is. Constantly."
Citrisfur wrote: "Yes, walking is fine. That's all," Nadir frowns, stepping back from the car.
Cala shrugs. "Take care you two."
Citrisfur wrote: "I'm Tiramisu," the other cat says. "If the raccoon's not riding in the car, can I take her seat?"
"Sure! Can't see Anthony being bothered by me inviting strange animals into his rental car. Especially not while he's sleep-deprived and driving in a new locale." Her evil smile returns. "Well, if that's it, tallyho!" Cala jogs over to the car and hops in the front seat, turning to Anthony as they start to discuss their plans-
Keeshah wrote: Oreo hops up into Cala's lap for the ride..
-and both of them are suddenly silent. Cala has once again frozen, tense and shivering as she tries to force out an awkward laugh. This doesn't succeed and she instead looks over at Anthony with a begging stare. He cringes in response to Oreo's sudden appearance and seat choice.

Anthony tries to ask the skunk to move without being aggressive, reaching slowly towards Cala's handpaw as she sits there. "Hey, um... hey, can you sit in the backseat? I can't have two in the front seat..." He trails off as he considers how to explain that Cala doesn't like being sat on, but if the skunk doesn't already realize it it's not going to work. The AC has been running since the car was started so the air's notably cold, but it's quickly escaping into the outdoors.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yew mite hav enjoyed it, Nadia," Leslie said, before giving her a light bow, "but it'z mye honor to escourt yew. Shal we," he asked, looking towards the gate. "Mite evun get there befor them," he added, kidding somewhat.
-----------------
"I came in with Piper," Chip explained, hopping in the pocket, "but I figured Kryo'd want a face he knew when he woke up. Did you know you have a mint in here? It's bigger than my head!"
-----------------
Nola led Simon through the room, nodding to Thomas and Sally and steadfastly ignoring Juniper's call of seeing her later as she took the Tod to the garden and pool area. "If you're any good with swimming, you can use the pool," she said, regaining some of her enthusiasm as she talked. "Small garden's over there," she added, pointing to a gate, "and it's scrub beyond that. This," she added, coming to a set of glass and plastic doors that were slightly ajar, "is your place." She stepped into a small living room with a two seat sofa and chair.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

DdeeStar wrote: Anthony tries to ask the skunk to move without being aggressive, reaching slowly towards Cala's handpaw as she sits there. "Hey, um... hey, can you sit in the backseat? I can't have two in the front seat..." He trails off as he considers how to explain that Cala doesn't like being sat on, but if the skunk doesn't already realize it it's not going to work. The AC has been running since the car was started so the air's notably cold, but it's quickly escaping into the outdoors.
Oreo jumps over the seat into the back,
Hey kitty! you coming? he squeeks at the kitten
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If Jeepy yes can leed," Leslie called to Oreo, "I'll walk wif Miss Nadia. Won't be far beehind yew!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote:Kandi gets up and goes over to the male cougar, hugging and petting him..
Don't worry, I'll protect you. I'm a very good lion tamer..
"Ow, OW!" Chris flinched. "No hugs... much pain..."

- - - - -
Hlaoroo wrote:"Come in here with us if you want, Senka. You might be very useful actually. Now, there are two ways animals wake from anaesthetic. Either they're really slow and groggy and just sort of lie there or they just spring up and try to fight or flee because the adrenaline kicks in while they can't understand what's happening or where they are. Hopefully Kassandra will be the former but if she's the latter we'll need you to help hold her down and calm her down so she doesn't hurt herself. I probably don't need to tell you this, but remember she's a cat so if she's aggressive she'll use both teeth AND claws so be careful. I don't want to have to stitch up three cougars in one day."
Almost as soon as the vet was done saying that, Kassandra's eyes slowly and barely opened. She kept them squinted in the light. She closed her eyes again, took a breath of the oxygen, and let it out with a weak whimpering sound.

"K-Kassandra?" Chris turned his head as best as he could to try to see his sister. "Are... are you..." He tried to fight back tears. He hated seeing such a symbol of strength and perseverance in his life lying broken beside him.

Kassandra's eyes opened again, a little wider this time. She mumbled something that ended up being muffled beyond recognition by her oxygen mask. She tried to reach up to pull the mask off, but barely had the strength to move her fingers, let alone her entire arm.

----------------------------------
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"The only thing we hunt for is fun, friends and good neighbors. You'd be really surprised how hard that is to find nowadays." Sunny said as he looked back to Luna.

"I'm just here to make sure Sunny here doesn't get hurt too bad, that and my dad feeds me all I want. I have no need to hunt anymore and besides, any friend of Sunny is a friend of mine, especially if that friend happens to be a big, killer bear." Luna said as she gave Deus a reassuring smile.
Deus considered the two for a moment, his brows lowering, and his eyes narrowing. "Hrrm... If you want follow, you not go farther than orchard. You not go to cave." He started walking forward again, not really caring if the cat or dog followed him.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Awww, hey that's cute, is she like your little sister or something Flash?" Sunny asked about Olivia, though from he could only hear the difference if just a bit to know there was someone else up there with Flash and noticing the context of the situation and the way he was talking he had assumed the mouse much much younger than Flash.
"Nah. She and her family are just some people I'm helping out of a bad spot is all." Flash explained as they walked. "A fox was about to move in. I couldn't leave them there."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn Questions

Post by Citrisfur »

Keeshah wrote:Oreo jumps over the seat into the back,
Tiramisu runs over to the car, and jumps in the back, taking one of the window seats. She's just tall enough that if she sits upright and stretches a bit, she can peek out the window. Nadir watches her leave before turning to face Leslie.

"Haven't you been here long enough to be registered? Wouldn't you know the way already?" she asks, curious.
Last edited by Citrisfur on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Keeshah wrote: Oreo jumps over the seat into the back,
Anthony watches Cala for a moment to make sure she's calmed down. Her breathing returns to normal, and she gives him an embarrassed smile. He doesn't remark on the event and just points up at her seatbelt to remind her to put it on. She does so quickly, sitting up in her seat as she tightens it. "Leslie said that the registration is done at the vet. Tira here also needs to get registered." She nods towards Tiramisu in the backseat. Anthony picks up his phone from the console and begins searching Google Maps to find the address. "Plus the Rescuer is there, and supposedly horses? And then we should probably go by the rangers because apparently there's a cougar there, so big day ahead of us."

Anthony laughs, then remarks "Sounds like fun. I put your hood in the glove compartment." She's confused for a moment, then opens it and realizes what he means. She quickly shuts the compartment again. Subtly leaning into Anthony's space to turn the radio on just louder than the AC's noise, she whispers her response.

"I'm not wearing it. I'm still foggy, I'm not going to freak out." Anthony gives her an apologetic smile and shrug.

"Sorry, Cala. Brian's really not having it today. If I let this happen he'll yell at both of us when we get back." She rolls her eyes, sits back in her seat, and pulls out the hood. It's a simple black cloth that fits over her head, stopping above her muzzle in front with two strings on each side and the rest of the cloth sloping down to reach her shoulders in the very back, effectively blinding her when worn. She takes the outback hat off and puts the hood on, turning so Anthony can tie the strings. He does so quickly, linking the paper-thin Bluetooth speakers inside the hood to his phone to play music and drown out the car's noises with a quiet mutter of "Thanks." With that she lets out a slow sigh, puts her hat back on, and sits back in her chair. Anthony hits the door-lock and window-lock buttons, adjusts his rear-view mirror to check on the two in the back, and puts his phone on the console for directions. "Everyone have their seatbelts on?"
All the characters!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

DdeeStar wrote:"Thanks." With that she lets out a slow sigh, puts her hat back on, and sits back in her chair. Anthony hits the door-lock and window-lock buttons, adjusts his rear-view mirror to check on the two in the back, and puts his phone on the console for directions. "Everyone have their seatbelts on?"
Click! all sets!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sew," Leslie asked Nadia, as they walked to the crossing and he got completely the wrong idea about where she'd come from, "did you hav tew walk a long way tew get here? I had tew walk myles and myles and myles." He tapped the crossing button and sighed slightly. "Did yore Human get lost tew?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn Questions

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sew," Leslie asked Nadia, as they walked to the crossing and he got completely the wrong idea about where she'd come from, "did you hav tew walk a long way tew get here? I had tew walk myles and myles and myles." He tapped the crossing button and sighed slightly. "Did yore Human get lost tew?"
"Mhm," Nadir responds, absentmindedly and not really answering the question. "Hey, what did you push that thing for?"
Last edited by Citrisfur on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um," Leslie explained, trying to find the right words, "yew no how cars go reel fast and splat yew or break hard wen yew cross?" He pointed to the sign across the way. "the buton tells that tew change. It lewses the top wurd -Don't - and tells cars tew stop sew we can walk acros sayfe." He waited for the sign to change before crossing, in case of cars.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Keeshah wrote: Click! all sets!
Anthony looks at both of their belts and begins driving. "Soooo, Tira and who's here? And your owners are fine with me taking you two, right?"
All the characters!
Citrisfur

Magic, Evidently

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um," Leslie explained, trying to find the right words, "yew no how cars go reel fast and splat yew or break hard wen yew cross?" He pointed to the sign across the way. "the buton tells that tew change. It lewses the top wurd -Don't - and tells cars tew stop sew we can walk acros sayfe." He waited for the sign to change before crossing, in case of cars.

"Oh," Nadir shrugs, staring at the button for a moment longer before facing Leslie and making a silent, mock explosion with her paws. "Magic."
DdeeStar wrote: Anthony looks at both of their belts and begins driving. "Soooo, Tira and who's here? And your owners are fine with me taking you two, right?"
"As long as I'm back before dark, my parents don't care where I am," Tiramisu replies. "And as long as I'm safe, I guess. At least I'm with you guys!" she adds, cheerfully.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie grinned up at her. "Sort of," he agreed, crossing the road to the other side as the sign changed. "Sew, um, wanna talk abowt anyfing? Aron and Veera usually talk abowt fings. Lyke flowurs and foods and... dunno."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote:
Deus considered the two for a moment, his brows lowering, and his eyes narrowing. "Hrrm... If you want follow, you not go farther than orchard. You not go to cave." He started walking forward again, not really caring if the cat or dog followed him.
"Why the orchard? What's beyond the orchard? Is there treasure in the cave or your favorite toy? I know I'm pretty secretive about my favorite ball." Sunny said as he followed Deus with a hop and a skip in his step.

"It's in the front yard, buried next to the mailbox..." Luna said outloud.

"Aww, what you know? Now I'mma have to find another spot.." Sunny said.

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Awww, hey that's cute, is she like your little sister or something Flash?" Sunny asked about Olivia, though from he could only hear the difference if just a bit to know there was someone else up there with Flash and noticing the context of the situation and the way he was talking he had assumed the mouse much much younger than Flash.
"Nah. She and her family are just some people I'm helping out of a bad spot is all." Flash explained as they walked. "A fox was about to move in. I couldn't leave them there."[/quote]

Sunny looked up at Flash as he had to figure out where else to put his ball. "Aww that's really nice of you. So, what happens now? Does she need a new home or something?"
Sunny asked harmlessly.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

DdeeStar wrote:
Keeshah wrote: Click! all sets!
Anthony looks at both of their belts and begins driving. "Soooo, Tira and who's here? And your owners are fine with me taking you two, right?"

My owners always seem to know right where i am..
They must be using black magic on me..
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

CyberDragon wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Come in here with us if you want, Senka. You might be very useful actually. Now, there are two ways animals wake from anaesthetic. Either they're really slow and groggy and just sort of lie there or they just spring up and try to fight or flee because the adrenaline kicks in while they can't understand what's happening or where they are. Hopefully Kassandra will be the former but if she's the latter we'll need you to help hold her down and calm her down so she doesn't hurt herself. I probably don't need to tell you this, but remember she's a cat so if she's aggressive she'll use both teeth AND claws so be careful. I don't want to have to stitch up three cougars in one day."
Almost as soon as the vet was done saying that, Kassandra's eyes slowly and barely opened. She kept them squinted in the light. She closed her eyes again, took a breath of the oxygen, and let it out with a weak whimpering sound.

"K-Kassandra?" Chris turned his head as best as he could to try to see his sister. "Are... are you..." He tried to fight back tears. He hated seeing such a symbol of strength and perseverance in his life lying broken beside him.

Kassandra's eyes opened again, a little wider this time. She mumbled something that ended up being muffled beyond recognition by her oxygen mask. She tried to reach up to pull the mask off, but barely had the strength to move her fingers, let alone her entire arm.
Senka simply nodded, hesitating for a moment before padding over to the cage kneel down beside her sister. She glanced over at Chris and clenched her fists. She hated seeing them like this... seeing Chris so distraught, and her sister so weak... But there was nothing she could do. Nothing to punch or carry the weight of...

She lightly reached out, catching Kassandra's paw in her own as the younger cougar tried to tug the mask off.

"...the docs said she's gonna be okay. She'll need to rest of awhile but." She gently squeezed Kassandra's hand and nodded. "But she'll be alright. You're gonna be okay Kass. So just rest... just rest, yeah? Chris and I are right here..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Why the orchard? What's beyond the orchard? Is there treasure in the cave or your favorite toy? I know I'm pretty secretive about my favorite ball." Sunny said as he followed Deus with a hop and a skip in his step.

"It's in the front yard, buried next to the mailbox..." Luna said outloud.

"Aww, what you know? Now I'mma have to find another spot.." Sunny said.
Deus had to smile at the dog's innocent antics. "Home." He said. "Cave is home to me. And home for many who seek safety. Cannot let you in." he said, simply. "Cannot show you cave. So you stop at Orchard."
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Sunny looked up at Flash as he had to figure out where else to put his ball. "Aww that's really nice of you. So, what happens now? Does she need a new home or something?"
Sunny asked harmlessly.
"Yeah." Flash said. "They're not going to have to worry about that for long though. We've got a place for them." he continued.

Deus continued walking down the non-existent path, carving one as he went by brushing aside fully grown trees with no effort at all. Eventually, the trees started to clear slightly, opening into a clearing that has clearly seen some action. There were fruit trees and berry bushes all over the orchard, though there were signs of a struggle. One of the oak trees was ripped from it's roots, and several of the apple trees had broken in half. "Need clean up..." Deus said, feeling a little embarrassed.

-----------------------------------
Roarin wrote:Senka simply nodded, hesitating for a moment before padding over to the cage kneel down beside her sister. She glanced over at Chris and clenched her fists. She hated seeing them like this... seeing Chris so distraught, and her sister so weak... But there was nothing she could do. Nothing to punch or carry the weight of...

She lightly reached out, catching Kassandra's paw in her own as the younger cougar tried to tug the mask off.

"...the docs said she's gonna be okay. She'll need to rest of awhile but." She gently squeezed Kassandra's hand and nodded. "But she'll be alright. You're gonna be okay Kass. So just rest... just rest, yeah? Chris and I are right here..."
Kass looked at her. It wasn't an expression of anger or irritation for being restrained. Rather, it was a weary look. It was a pained look. At the same time, her eyes were aware, and perhaps even thankful. She gently squeezed Senka's hand back as the only way she had of saying "thank you" right now. Her head leaned back slightly on her pillow. Kassandra's eyes rolled back, drooping shut. Her hand went limp again when she succumbed to exhaustion and anesthetics, falling into a deep sleep. Her chest rose and fell gently with her breathing.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Citrisfur

Electricity, Evidently

Post by Citrisfur »

Keeshah wrote:My owners always seem to know right where i am..
"Magic! That sounds fun," Tira laughs. "I heard that's what some forest animals think electricity is too."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie grinned up at her. "Sort of," he agreed, crossing the road to the other side as the sign changed. "Sew, um, wanna talk abowt anyfing? Aron and Veera usually talk abowt fings. Lyke flowurs and foods and... dunno."
"Um, yeah, actually. You other housepets seem a lot more... fit than I thought you'd all be," Nadir admits, still following Leslie. "And If I didn't know any better, I'd even guess that was a wolf back there. And a skunk."
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It waz," Leslie chuckled gently, "Miss Cala waz a surprise, yeah? But nyce." He did a slight twirl to look at Nadir. "Az for fit? I wazn't aftur walking for sew long but Uncle Leroy iz leting me eet normul meels." He turned again, to face where they were going. "Heed want me tew ask if yew want lunch aftur this. Want tew?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Citrisfur wrote:
"Magic! That sounds fun," Tira laughs. "I heard that's what some forest animals think electricity is too."
Anthony smiles as he's reminded of an earlier discussion on the idea of technomancy. He decides to let the two talk to each other, not wanting to intrude as he focuses on the road, simply peeking over at Cala every few blocks to make sure she's okay. She sits there silently, her head lightly bobbing to the song as she doesn't register anything around her. He flips his AC vents shut as he notices how cold he is, and speaks back into the car "No one's freezing, right? Helps to keep it cold, but if it's too much I'll turn it down." He checks the route briefly. "We aren't far."
All the characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

WeirdGamer wrote: Ryyn digs into his meal, stuffing his face. "This is good!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Kilo helped himself to a few small items.
"Glad ya like it" Josh grinned "How is your food Kilo?"
Hlaoroo wrote: "Hmm. No thanks. I get the feeling you'll just toss it all over me. Or maybe toss me in it." Flynn jokes.
"But thanks for saving me from the fish sauce!"
"nuuh uh!" Nadia nudged Flynn teasingly "I'm not gonna have you with salad, you're too sweet. Beside, I'm not THAT bad with tools ya know"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Citrisfur wrote:

You mean that stuff that's in the panels a long the walls of a house?
That you shouldn't stick your claw into??
or it will become angry and bite you!??
Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn and Tiramisu Respond

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It waz," Leslie chuckled gently, "Miss Cala waz a surprise, yeah? But nyce." He did a slight twirl to look at Nadir. "Az for fit? I wazn't aftur walking for sew long but Uncle Leroy iz leting me eet normul meels." He turned again, to face where they were going. "Heed want me tew ask if yew want lunch aftur this. Want tew?"
"If we eat outside, I might consider it." Nadirth'ynn says, sternly. "I'm not going in your den."
Keeshah wrote:You mean that stuff that's in the panels a long the walls of a house?
That you shouldn't stick your claw into??
or it will become angry and bite you!??
"Um, yeah, that stuff," Tira replies. "You've never, like, played video games before?"
Last edited by Citrisfur on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Citrisfur wrote:
"Um, yeah, that stuff," Tira replies. "You've never, like, played video games before?"
Oh yea, I got games on my iPaw
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Anthony drives the last few minutes in silence, trying not to listen in on the pets' conversation despite the fact that it's right up his alley. Cala quietly hums her song, Anthony tapping the rhythm on the wheel before pulling into the parking lot in a smooth stop. "Alright everyone, we're here!" As soon as he puts the car in park Cala quickly pulls the knot apart, yanking the hood off and throwing it in the glove box. She unbuckles her seatbelt, fixing her hat back on and hopping into the wide-open joyously. "Finally!" He gives a light laugh as he pulls the keys out and gets out himself, waiting with the door open to look through and make sure the two can get out without trouble.
All the characters!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

DdeeStar wrote:Anthony drives the last few minutes in silence, trying not to listen in on the pets' conversation despite the fact that it's right up his alley. Cala quietly hums her song, Anthony tapping the rhythm on the wheel before pulling into the parking lot in a smooth stop. "Alright everyone, we're here!" As soon as he puts the car in park Cala quickly pulls the knot apart, yanking the hood off and throwing it in the glove box. She unbuckles her seatbelt, fixing her hat back on and hopping into the wide-open joyously. "Finally!" He gives a light laugh as he pulls the keys out and gets out himself, waiting with the door open to look through and make sure the two can get out without trouble.
Oreo watches Cala take the hood off..
Are you doing some type of test?
You have to find your way back home now, without knowing howl you gots here?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ouch!" Jackie whistles.
"It looks like it's as healed as it's going to get so I can't do much for it, I'm sorry. I can prescribe some more painkillers if you need them though. So, can you tell me what day it is? Do you remember what happened to you?" she asks, gently palpating the dog's skull before moving the x-ray machine into position.

~~~~
"Are you okay, Senka? I know it's a tough thing to see... She's just sleeping now though." Paul says, having checked over the younger cougar again.

~~~~
"Hi Mr. Lawless, this is Jack, one of the techs at the Walton Veterinary Hospital. We have your dog, Kryo with us today with a bit of a concussion. Seems he got into a fight with a tree and the tree won. He's in having x-rays at the moment and- 'scuse me for a moment... Oh, and he's conscious again. We just wanted to let you know what happened though in case you wanted to come down and we needed to ask your permission for us to give any treatment he might need. Of course we're willing to go through the costs involved first if you want, as long as his condition permits it..."

~~~~
"Oh, I'm the dessert, am I?" Flyn quips, pouring his sauce into the bowl and expertly tossing the salad with his chopsticks.
"So what have we got to drink? What are you going to have, Kilo? Here, try this sauce." setting aside his chopsticks for the moment, the buck offers the mouse a tiny bit of saucy seaweed skewered on a toothpick.

~~~~
"Can't swim with this thing." Simon says, indicating his collar.
"Can't turn my head so I'd drown." he explains, looking around.
"Beats living in a hole, I suppose." he opines, checking the fridge but finding it sadly empty.

~~~~
Olivia and Ed stay quiet, peeking around curiously but also alert to any danger from the predators. Lulled by the motion, Harry has fallen asleep in his father's arms again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

"Oh god..." Blackie, while happy Kryo was OK, was shocked at the news, "Yeah, don't do anything right now. Just give me a minute, I'll be down there in a few," Quickly hanging up the phone, he ran out to his band, told them what had happened, then hopped on his motorcycle and raced towards Walton Veterinary Hospital, his heart beating a mile a minute. After a bit, he pulled into the parking lot and raced in, nearly giving the nurse who called him a heart attack as he said in a panic, "Where's Kryo?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah..was gonna play tag with someone when...I ran into a tree...and I think it's Thursday?" Kryo responded groggily.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"OK," Leslie said chirpily, "Unkle Leroy dusn't like me gowing into his den eifur. Got in ther wunce. Lots ov books I cudn't reed." He pulled Nadia a little further onto the sidewalk a few seconds before a bike screeched past.* "Bit fast," he said as the surgery appeared on the horizon.
--------------
"I admit," Nola said, resting her body by flopping onto the sofa, "the pool thing is more for if you decide to stay around after you're healed up. And they'll fill that thing before the end of the day." She pointed behind her. "Bed area's over there - you can lie in or on the thing - and the toilet and shower's in that little room there," she finished, moving her hand slightly to point in a different direction.
-------------
"He's telling the truth about the tag," the Doctor's pocket advised.
-------------
"Merely a little lemon drink for me I think, Flynn," Kilo said, accepting the offering. "That is certainly interesting," he mused after chewing.

* (She wouldn't really have been in danger. It was a good few feet away. Still, better safe than sorry.)
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Are you okay, Senka? I know it's a tough thing to see... She's just sleeping now though." Paul says, having checked over the younger cougar again.
Senka took a deep breath, gently rubbing her thumb against the back of her sleeping sister's palm. "Yeah, I know..." She mumbled, "But it still sucks..." The mountain lion leaned back, tilting her head up to look at Paul. "And as much as I hate all this.. Mushy stuff. They need someone to tell them it'll be okay."

The cougar paused, frowning as she glanced over to Kandi. "We're gonna have to adopt them aren't we..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!