HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Want me tew rub yor shoulder, Oreo?". Leslie moved a hand ready and put its claws away.
Ummm Noes.. Maybees only vets should beez touching me furr nows.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"O.K.," Leslie said, just offering a handpaw for Oreo to hold if he wanted.
-------------------------------------
"NADIA!!" Kilo roared with all the power an elderly Mouse could muster, "Are you in one piece dear girl??"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"y-yeah , I'm fine , I'm fine" the vixen replied between her heavy breathings "fur sake man , oh geez , so close , sooo close....."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

At the sound of the rockfall, Flynn bolts down the tunnel. Piper carefully hooks her pipes back to her collar and then follows.
"Nadia! Are you okay? What happened? Are you trapped?" he calls, unable to see anything through his eyes watering in the settling dust.

~~~~
"Wouldn't hurt, just to make sure." answers Joan.
"Just try not to move too much, Oreo, and make sure you don't go to sleep."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla finished his water and two more glasses of it, then sat back down next to Hutch, quietly wondering if he was going to respond
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard dials the number and gives Oreo a sympathetic smile.
The line is busy, so he hangs up.
She's on the line with someone else. Blizzard informs.
---
Esper wrote:Tesla finished his water and two more glasses of it, then sat back down next to Hutch, quietly wondering if he was going to respond
Hutch was in deep thought as he sat there.
I hope Oreo is okay...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

serence ice fox wrote:"y-yeah , I'm fine , I'm fine" the vixen replied between her heavy breathings "fur sake man , oh geez , so close , sooo close....."
"Hey Nadia, stay there, we'll come to you if we can," called Lucky.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Wouldn't hurt, just to make sure." answers Joan.
"Just try not to move too much, Oreo, and make sure you don't go to sleep."
It hurts too munch to wanna move around att's all.
Are we there yet?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"What the fur was that!?" Elliot shouted in surprise as he turns around
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Are you okay Nadia?" Pyre asked, worried that Nadia was hurt.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo held on as Flynn dashed forward. "I will have to get you to wear one of those jackets with shoulder straps," he complained, "so I can strap myself in." He stopped as they reached their target and covered his face against the dust.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I'm sure he's okay, I've seen pets in worse shape than he is. Heck, I've been in worse shape, Oreo should be fine." Tesla said, "Come on, can I cheer you up?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Esper wrote:"I'm sure he's okay, I've seen pets in worse shape than he is. Heck, I've been in worse shape, Oreo should be fine." Tesla said, "Come on, can I cheer you up?"
Hutch smiles and pats Tesla's shoulder.
Thanks, Tesla. You already have.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:At the sound of the rockfall, Flynn bolts down the tunnel. Piper carefully hooks her pipes back to her collar and then follows.
"Nadia! Are you okay? What happened? Are you trapped?" he calls, unable to see anything through his eyes watering in the settling dust.
"I'm fine Flynn , I'm fine , don't worry"
WeirdGamer wrote:"Hey Nadia, stay there, we'll come to you if we can," called Lucky.
"NO ! DO-I mean , yeah , don't come any closer , there are sharp debris and pieces metals......rusty metals all over the place , you guys will hurt yourselves"
hypernovatic wrote:"Are you okay Nadia?" Pyre asked, worried that Nadia was hurt.
"yeah I'm Ok , just a little shaken up , freaking howl , random death traps......"
69eist wrote:"What the fur was that!?" Elliot shouted in surprise as he turns around
"I accidentally tripped on a trap , anyway it's dangerous down here , you guys better go back , I'll catch up later"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sorry, Kilo. Somethign with a pocket might be good too. Can you get back here without getting hurt yourself? Hey, do you still have that bucket and those gloves? You sh- ah WACHOOO! WACHOO! Urg. Darn WACHOO! Dust! You should pick up some of that stuff if you can. That sounded like a lot of stuff fell though. Are you able to get back though? We aren't leaving until we know you're sa- ah Ah AH WACHOOOO!" Flynn hopes his passenger won't be thrown off by the power of the sneezing.

~~~~
"Oh well. Hopefully she'll meet us here then." Joan noses the car into the parking lot and pulls to a stop. Exiting the car, she picks up the skunk after opening the child lock and carries him into the clinic.

"Walton Vet Hospital, this is Sandy speaking, how can I help?" The boy smiles and waves at Joan as he answers Cleo's call, not realising yet the gravity of the situation.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh well. Hopefully she'll meet us here then." Joan noses the car into the parking lot and pulls to a stop. Exiting the car, she picks up the skunk after opening the child lock and carries him into the clinic.
Oreo reaches up with just his right arm now, not seemingly wanting or able to move his left arm.
Are we there.. here? there?.. Cant bleed-live iz here again.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Walton Vet Hospital, this is Sandy speaking, how can I help?" The boy smiles and waves at Joan as he answers Cleo's call, not realising yet the gravity of the situation.
Oh there you are..! I got a call from a pet my our pet skunk Oreo, had stepped in an illegal leg hold trap somewhere! I'm not sure how badly he is hurt, they hung-up on me.. but did say that they were taking him to you!..
Cleo pauses to catch her breath..
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I see. I think he's just arrived. Can I just get you to verify the address and phone number he's registered in our system with so I can make sure you're authorised to authorise treatments? It's nothing personal, just a legal requirement." After Cleo provides the information and Sandy makes sure it's correct, he picks up the phone again.
"You still there? Thanks for waiting. Okay, so he's just arrived. Do you give us permission to run diagnostics on him? We'll give you a call again later when we know the extent of the injuries and what treatment might be required. Or will you be coming in?"
Sandy calls his dad out and Paul, seeing Joan again, rolls his eyes good-naturedly.
"Well, at least it's not John again. I was about to set up a permanent cage for all the pets he's brought in." he jokes.
"What's happened this time?" He takes Oreo out the back after getting the story from Joan and the pets and asks them to wait in the waiting area while he checks the skunk out.

"Well. Now we play the waiting game." says Joan as she seats herself.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie smiled and waved to Mister Sandy before he hopped up beside Joan on the seats and put a bandaged handpaw on her hand. "Oreo will be OK, won't he?" He asked the room in general.
------------------------------------------------------------
"If you cannot get to us," Kilo stated, "I shall have to make my way to you, my dear."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Good." Tesla smiled back, wagging his small tail
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Esper wrote:"Good." Tesla smiled back, wagging his small tail
Hutch smiled and looked around.
So can you really fly in your balloon? Hutch asked.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I used to be able to, yeah!" Tesla's grin widened, "But a storm a few weeks ago took it out of the air, so I'm building a new model with better controls. It's back at my house."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

That sounds awesome! Hutch said.
---
Blizzard sat next to Joan and Leslie and smiled at Joan.
I don't know if I've properly introduced myself ma'am. My name is Blizzard Robin~ It's nice to meet you! Blizzard held out a paw for the lady.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Do you give us permission to run diagnostics on him? We'll give you a call again later when we know the extent of the injuries and what treatment might be required. Or will you be coming in?"
Yes, Go ahead an fix him up.. I'm on my way there, as soon as i can get there.
Hlaoroo wrote:Sandy calls his dad out and Paul, seeing Joan again, rolls his eyes good-naturedly.
"Well, at least it's not John again. I was about to set up a permanent cage for all the pets he's brought in." he jokes.
"What's happened this time?" He takes Oreo out the back after getting the story from Joan and the pets and asks them to wait in the waiting area while he checks the skunk out.
I was runnin' down a dark tunnel, when a spikey wire grabbed me on my's ankle!
Din I wents SPLAT! right on me nose! I tries bitting and snapping at it, but it's all tore up my muzzle!
My neck wa a little stiff, But i gots shook, and now my shoulder feels like it's beeing torn of! but my fingers are feeling all numb.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, he'll be fine. Paul will take good care of him."
"Sure. See you soon then." Sandy relays the message to Paul and then returns to reception.
Joan catches the first part of Oreo's story before he disappears out the back with the vet for diagnosis and treatment. Samantha, dropping some paperwork on the desk, sees Leslie's bandages and walks over to him, concerned. She squats next to him to be at his level to talk to him.
"Hi, Leslie. Remember me? What happened to your paws? Can I see them?" she queries with a smile.

"I don't think... You di- Sorry, where are my manners? I'm Joan Porter, Flynn's mum." Joan shakes the dog's paw.
"You didn't go into the tunnel with the others, did you? How did you get down there then?" Joan sighs.
"It seems our spelunker didn't do too good a job. I think we'll have to block up the tunnels for everyone's safety. Oreo is the third pet to be injured down there and Les the fourth."

~~~~
"Not in this dust, Kilo. You'll get lost. You there, Nadia? You've gone quiet. You okay?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um," Leslie said uncertainly, looking at his paws, "Wen Oreo got hurt I tryed to pull the trap free," he confessed. "Spiky bits hurted me..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am sure I could go if I had cloth covering my mouth," Kilo protested.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yeah I'm fine Flynn , was just....thinking . And thanks for the concern Kilo but Flynn's right , beside , I really don't want you hurting your leg even more . I just.....where is the.....hm....." Nadia muttered , sounding like she was looking for something
"OK so much for that . Oizzzz . Guys , seriously , I'm fine , but I won't be if any of you get hurt , and your wounds would most likely be infected , while trying to get over here to check on me , just , go back outside OK ? I'll catch up later , maybe try to somehow move these junks aside , then we can go back later and get whatever stuff you guys wanna check in here , because honestly I have no idea which of these is worth anything , sounds good ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Covering your mouth won't help you see, Kilo. You're trapped, aren't you, Nadia? Hang on, we'll dig you out! We're not leaving until you're safe!" Getting down on paws and knees, Flynn crawls along the floor, carefully feeling his way to the rockfall and pushing pieces of debris out of the way as he goes to clear the ground for walking. Piper follows him, helping to clear the floor. She then sniffs over the rockfall with all the instincts from her breeding.
"I think we're not going to cause a cave-in by shifting this. It's collapsed as much as it's going to and it all seems loose enough. That was the aim of the trap. Tesla's machine should be able to dig through this in no time."
"I'll go get him. He went up to the house with the others. Kilo, you stay and help Piper. You might be able to squeeze through a crack somewhere and check on Nadia or spot something Piper's missed." Flynn transfers the mouse to the doe and then jogs up the tunnel to the house. it doesn't take him long to find the corgi and the Australian Shepherd in the kitchen.
"Nadia *pant pant* Nadia set off a dead-fall trap. She's okay but stuck behind a wall of debris. We need your machine to get her out, Tesla!"

~~~~
"Ouch. That must have hurt. Can I have a look?" With the kitten's permission, Samantha unwraps the paws and it doesn't take her long to make a decision. After a quick phone call to Leroy who authorises the treatment, she returns to the kitten.
"Let's go out the back and fix your paws, shall we? We'll give you some new bandages and a needle so it doesn't hurt and a small stitch and then if you're brave you can have a lollipop like last time. How does that sound?" With gentle pressure on his back, she leads Leslie into the unoccupied consult room and shuts the door, leaving Blizzard and Joan alone in the waiting area with Sandy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yay, Lolipop!" Leslie said, going with the nice vet and trying not to wince.
---------------------------------
Kilo climbed off Flynn and began doing what he could - which mostly involved moving pebbles at this stage.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I can show it to you, if you want." Tesla Enthused, eager to show off
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"oizzzz.......this is so horrible"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sure! Hutch replied with a smile.
---
I came down a different entrance with Kousa and a jackal named Elliot. Sorry for intruding, ma'am. Blizzard said. If pets keep getting hurt down there, then its best to seal it and tell everyone not to go down there.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yes! Please show us! We need to get Nadia out! Follow me!" Flynn jogs back towards the tunnels at a slower pace, making sure the two dogs are following, and leads them to where Nadia is still trapped behind the rock pile.

"Don't worry, Nadia. We'll get you out." assures Piper, hearing and misinterpreting the vixen's comment.

~~~~
"Oh dear. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Let's take a look at you and see if we can fix you up, shall we? We'll do some x-rays first and see what we can see." Paul carries the skunk through to the shed out the back and lays him on the table. Ten minutes later, which probably felt a lot longer to the skunk who had to lay still, Paul is satisfied that there are no slipped disks or damaged bones. It's fortunate that Oreo is as young as he is or the damage could have been worse. Paul puts a neck brace on the skunk to stabilise the muscles for a few days and gives him an injection of a non-drowsy anti-inflammatory painkiller. He also cracks some ice packs for the muscle strains, cleans, stitches and dresses the wounds and gives the skunk a tetanus anti-toxin shot.

In the other room, Samantha has anaesthetised Leslie's paw and collected her gear while she waited for the drug to kick in. Chatting with the kitten to keep him occupied, she begins treating his wounds.

In the waiting area Joan smiles at Blizzard.
"It's okay. It's no intrusion really. So Kousa was down there too? I haven't seen her in a while. How's she doing?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"What can you see, Dear Nadia?" Kilo asked intently. "Are you ago to move around?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh dear. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Let's take a look at you and see if we can fix you up, shall we? We'll do some x-rays first and see what we can see." He also cracks some ice packs for the muscle strains, cleans, stitches and dresses the wounds and gives the skunk a tetanus anti-toxin shot.
I kepts telling them i wasn't hurt! At least I wasn't, until they started shaking me in the car. Buts day woodn't listen to mee.

Cleo finally arrives, with the animal control officer..
Who takes a report of the pet getting caught in a trap.
An instructs Cleo in the difference between a snare and a leg hold trap.
An as she talks with the vet.
So he wasn't hurt, as much as i believed he had been?
No worse than having gotten into a fight with another pet, or had been playing football?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

She's worried about Koa. He hasn't talked to her in 2 weeks... until today... Blizzard replied.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Cool, then let's go!" Tesla said gleefully, hopping up to his stubby feet
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Don't worry, Nadia. We'll get you out." assures Piper, hearing and misinterpreting the vixen's comment.
"yeah....*sigh* I know , I'm not worrying about that"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What can you see, Dear Nadia?" Kilo asked intently. "Are you ago to move around?"
"ago?" Nadia asked , a little bit confused , but then she just decided to guess and answer Kilo anyway "yeah I can move around , and it's actually quite roomy over here , I think this tunnel leads somewhere too , there's a turn up ahead though so I can't tell where to be exact"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Esper wrote:"Cool, then let's go!" Tesla said gleefully, hopping up to his stubby feet
Hutch got up and followed the short dog with paws in his pockets.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo coughed to clear his throat of the dust. "Yes, of course. I meant able, dear girl." He pondered for a second. "Please, be careful and take a look around that corner? I feel we would be needing to ask you to move back anyhow so you might as well but, as I say, be careful, yes?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie chewed his lip a little as the nice vet treated his wounds. He wasn't sure if Samantha knew of his mommy when he'd mentioned her name when asked but he liked saying Nyssa Turminger anyhow. It was a nice name.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kilo coughed to clear his throat of the dust. "Yes, of course. I meant able, dear girl." He pondered for a second. "Please, be careful and take a look around that corner? I feel we would be needing to ask you to move back anyhow so you might as well but, as I say, be careful, yes?"
"Don't worry , I will , you guys careful over there too OK ?"