HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, well," Leslie said, almost surprised she believed him. Aron and Vera never believed him if he said he heard things they hadn't. "it wuz reel early wif no othur traffic abowt so I Hurd it inna distance making screech noyses abowt Fyve this mornin. And then it went "chugga-chugga-chugga" as it stopped sumwhere and went on. Hurd it all, Miss Senka!" he finished, stopping vibrating as he finished his impersonation of a small truck.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Not reaching Ryyn, Lucky hung up. "I guess I'll try again latter."

He wasn't that hungry but entered the kitchen and asked anyway, "Uh, what's for breakfast?"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Uh-uh-uh right, right," Tesla stammered, trying to keep himself from fixating on things in his anxiety, "I think it's eggs, right? Eggs?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, well," Leslie said, almost surprised she believed him. Aron and Vera never believed him if he said he heard things they hadn't. "it wuz reel early wif no othur traffic abowt so I Hurd it inna distance making screech noyses abowt Fyve this mornin. And then it went "chugga-chugga-chugga" as it stopped sumwhere and went on. Hurd it all, Miss Senka!" he finished, stopping vibrating as he finished his impersonation of a small truck.

Kandi comes up to stand beside the two kitties, as they plot the capture of the pet-nappers..
If you "herd" imitating the kitten..
this truck again, could you tell it apart from all the other trucks out there?
An it wasn't my old farm truck that you were hearing was it?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Esper wrote:"Uh-uh-uh right, right," Tesla stammered, trying to keep himself from fixating on things in his anxiety, "I think it's eggs, right? Eggs?"
"Yes. Scrambled eggs or porridge, uh, oatmeal with your choice of fruits-slash-cereals-sugar for toppings. I'm assuming you'd prefer the oatmeal, Lucky?" John queries, passing the buck a bowlful and directing him to the variety of berries, fruits and cereals on display.

~~~~
"So you're saying, Kilo, that they might have had prior knowledge about some piece going on show and wanted Piper to confirm it's real for them? But... Surely if it's in a show already then it's already, what's the word, certified authentic? So then why would they need Piper to confirm what they already know? And making her sign something under duress would decrease the validity of the signature, surely? And as soon as they tried to sell the object with her signature on the paperwork the buyer would know where she was and would call the cops? No, I don't think that's what this is about... It's a good thought though..." Flynn answers the mouse, chewing on a mouthful of oats as he thinks.
"What about Scratch though? If he's as hostile to humans as you've made out why would he have come back to a human settlement and taken a pet, something that's just asking for humans to track him down?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote:Kandi comes up to stand beside the two kitties, as they plot the capture of the pet-nappers..
If you "herd" imitating the kitten..
this truck again, could you tell it apart from all the other trucks out there?
An it wasn't my old farm truck that you were hearing was it?
Leslie put a finger to his muzzle. "I cud shore try," he admitted. "and yores juddurs more at the light," he added with a grin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is merely a possibility that should, I think , be considered," Kilo asserted. "The why of a crime adjusts how the police investigate, you see? I recall seeing one of those television fictions that showed that rather well. An armed robbery during which a guard is shot and killed. The team investigate the robbery and only just realises in time that the target was not the bank but the guard. They catch the gang at the funeral as they are taking the guards son. I hear of a kidnapping at a high value antique shop where nothing was taken and my immediate thought is 'why not'? Piper would have been overpowered easily so why not take items from the shop as well? The only thing I can think of is they don't want this investigated as a robbery." He took some breakfast. "As for Scratch? He has nothing to do with this but those silos would be an excellent place to hide her and their transport out of sight nearby until things quiet down. The reason I suggest seeing him is that if he's there, they aren't. And possibly vice versa."
"Shouldn't we head down," Chip asked, stuffing her face and grinning at Koa with full cheeks.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie put a finger to his muzzle. "I cud shore try," he admitted. "and yores juddurs more at the light," he added with a grin.

What do you think is wrong with the truck that is making it juddur?

Oh an you should go tell the police dog about what you heard,
You know about the other truck, not mine..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Jutters and chugs, all these cars sound the same to me..." Senka grumbles, eyeing a few of the vehicles in the vicinity.
"So what should we do after he tells the police? Drive around town and try to find it?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"Jutters and chugs, all these cars sound the same to me..." Senka grumbles, eyeing a few of the vehicles in the vicinity.
"So what should we do after he tells the police? Drive around town and try to find it?"

What?!! Miming a look of shock..
you can't tell the difference between the sounds different prey makes.?
Maybe we need to take you in for a hearing test.

Kandi turns back to the kitten..
Do you know where this truck was at?
perhaps there are scents you two can identify ?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie thought hard in response to the question. Why had the truck stopped for that time? chugga-room, chugga-room.... Like it was ready to go and couldn't. He gave a small smile. "Lites," he said. "Fink it got stuk at the lites by the parks."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Esper wrote:"Uh-uh-uh right, right," Tesla stammered, trying to keep himself from fixating on things in his anxiety, "I think it's eggs, right? Eggs?"
"Yes. Scrambled eggs or porridge, uh, oatmeal with your choice of fruits-slash-cereals-sugar for toppings. I'm assuming you'd prefer the oatmeal, Lucky?" John queries, passing the buck a bowlful and directing him to the variety of berries, fruits and cereals on display.
Lucky sighed. "Yeah. Yeah, oatmeal would be good right now, thanks."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So you're saying that taking Piper could be a distraction or cover-up for something, for want of a better word, bigger?" Flynn asks the elderly mouse as he helps himself to more oatmeal. "But what sort of bigger crime if not a heist? And why the ransom demand?"

"Here, Lucky." John passes the buck a bowl of oatmeal. "Help yourself to whatever toppings and suchlike you want with it."

Joan sheepishly returns to the room and procures some breakfast for herself.
"Um... Sorry about that, everyone... Pregnancy hormones. Lots of fun." she apologises wryly.

~~~~
Piper strains her ears, listening for any sound of her captors but the only thing she can hear is the sound of her own heart thumping. Her side hurts where she's been kicked and her head is still thumping but at least the dizziness is subsiding and she's able to sit. With some difficulty she's been able to wriggle around and gauge the size of her confines. She thinks the space to be roughly six feet by six feet but with no reference point it's hard to judge the height of the tiny red light. The walls and floors of her prison feel smooth and hard and judging by the sensation of digging her claws in, Piper thinks them to be wood. She holds little hope of digging or gnawing out though, especially given that her forepaws are still bound together behind her back and her hindpaws are still bound together too and wriggling doesn't seem to have loosened the bonds at all. Perhaps she could given time but she's not a beaver and she doubts that her teeth and claws would last that long. Besides, who knows what might be on the other side of the wood, or if it even is wood?

The doe makes herself as comfortable as she can in her corner, trying to ignore her headache and the growing tingling in her paws, and shuts her eyes, resigning herself to a long wait.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It could still be a heist," Kilo conceded, "but it seems the kidnappers are manipulating how the Police investigate. Whilst they're investigating a kidnapping and applying their manpower and dogpower to that, they're not looking elsewhere at other things. But I am prepared to be incorrect."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"guys" Nadia spoke up "I know promised I would stay calm and discuss this, but so far, we still don't know what their goal is , except for a few guesses , while Piper is still out there. Can we at least discuss this on the way, either to where this Scratch guy is , or to the shop so I can maybe pick up some clues ? As long as we find those humans before they can do any harm to Piper , I can make sure they won't be able to harm anyone, but we need to find her before that point"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Kilo conceded, seeming to deliberately choose now to finish breakfast, "you are absolutely correct." He offered himself to the Vixen. "Come, let us sally forth and see if the ignoble Scratch knows anything on this matter whilst we finish the other matter with him."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie thought hard in response to the question. Why had the truck stopped for that time? chugga-room, chugga-room.... Like it was ready to go and couldn't. He gave a small smile. "Lites," he said. "Fink it got stuk at the lites by the parks."

Kandi gathers up the kitten and puma, and takes them over to the police dog.
to relay the kittens story about the truck to the police officers.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"So you're saying that taking Piper could be a distraction or cover-up for something, for want of a better word, bigger?" Flynn asks the elderly mouse as he helps himself to more oatmeal. "But what sort of bigger crime if not a heist? And why the ransom demand?"

"Here, Lucky." John passes the buck a bowl of oatmeal. "Help yourself to whatever toppings and suchlike you want with it."
"Got any maple syrup?" asked Lucky. "And what kind of cover up are we talking here?"

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kilo explained, "let us say you wanted to steal and sell something. Something like... Wedgewood pottery for want of a more valuable make. You may look to replace the exhibit with a replica or you may be looking to sell it fast. In either case, the buyer would want the origin proved. How better to do that, Lucky, than take an expert on the subject?" He pointed generally with his cane. "The Police are currently running the investigation as an abduction. Roadblocks within twenty miles, K-9 units searching for scents, members waiting for telephone calls, researching noted animal abductors, bringing in and questioning known offenders, all that sort of thing. Which may be entirely correct." He took a breath. "They're reacting to the pattern they believe this is following. What I am saying is she may be connected to this in a different way. She may be the kidnapped 'expert' to value what is stolen. Which is useful. She's a local celebrity so it would mean she's still in the area and it gives us some little time if I am correct. If they wish to strike when the police are most distracted? They'll strike today. You should assist the Police at the shop. Nadia and I shall check on one of the best local hiding places. The silo. We have that package to retrieve anyhow, do we not, Nadia?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Down at the shop, Leslie related his tale of hearing the odd truck at just after five in the morning. He said it was the first time he'd heard a truck like that at that time and someone had made it stop at the crossing near the playpark. "And that dog's knot bean very polyte abowt those peeple,"he added, pointing to a Husky in the distance who wore a K-9 uniform and was stalking away from some press behind the line. On tip-toes, Leslie whispered some of the bad words the Husky was muttering.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Flukely and Charles lean in the doorway, watching everything occur before walking in.

"Hello, everyone."

"It's obvious you all know what happened."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right, Kilo. Oh, hi, Charles and Flukely. We were talking about you guys a few moments ago. Do you want breakfast? There's scrambled eggs or porridge. Anyway, Tesla had the idea of sending up drones with cameras to help search for Piper. We were thinking you two could work with him to build some and fly them around while the rest of us are on the ground. Nadia and Kilo will search the silo area. Mum and Dad will trawl the web to see if they can find anything that might fit Kilo's theory of something else being stolen. So, I guess that leaves me, Lucky and Koa to investigate ground zero, the shop. Chip, you should probably come with us and tell the police what you saw... Have I forgotten anyone?" Flynn asks, passing Lucky the maple syrup as Joan and John nod their assent to their roles.

"Perhaps we can liaise with all the teams in the field so that you all get any information any one team picks up." John suggests, having gotten too interested in solving the mystery to remember that he's forbidden the pets from hunting for the kidnappers.

~~~~
K9 Officer Judy Harper listens with interest to what the kitten has to say, crouching beside him to be at his level.
"That's some very good information! Thanks for that!" she says, smiling at Leslie. "This truck, could you tell if it was a big truck or a small truck? And could you tell which way it went?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"right" Nadia said , picking Kilo up and put him on her shoulder "me and kilo should go ahead then, see you all later"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie thought really hard. "Knot... Knot sure on size," he said, putting a clawtip to his teeth, "but furst it got lawder so must have been coming forward. Then it goes shuddur shuddur as it waytes then gets qwietur. Goes 'way.". He thought on. "Sumfing else," he said. "when they wure juddring. Blee, blee, blee... Hah!". He opened his eyes and smiled. "Turned right at the plaepark lights and sumwun was crossing!"
------------------------------------------------------------
"OK, Flynn," Chip said, swallowing before looking at what she'd written. "For future reference, what letters are these?"
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I suggest we take the open path to the silo, Nadia,” Kilo said, settling in after his scooping. "it might help convince Scratch of peaceful intentions."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Kilo explained, "let us say you wanted to steal and sell something. Something like... Wedgewood pottery for want of a more valuable make. You may look to replace the exhibit with a replica or you may be looking to sell it fast. In either case, the buyer would want the origin proved. How better to do that, Lucky, than take an expert on the subject?" He pointed generally with his cane. "The Police are currently running the investigation as an abduction. Roadblocks within twenty miles, K-9 units searching for scents, members waiting for telephone calls, researching noted animal abductors, bringing in and questioning known offenders, all that sort of thing. Which may be entirely correct." He took a breath. "They're reacting to the pattern they believe this is following. What I am saying is she may be connected to this in a different way. She may be the kidnapped 'expert' to value what is stolen. Which is useful. She's a local celebrity so it would mean she's still in the area and it gives us some little time if I am correct. If they wish to strike when the police are most distracted? They'll strike today. You should assist the Police at the shop. Nadia and I shall check on one of the best local hiding places. The silo. We have that package to retrieve anyhow, do we not, Nadia?"
Lucky nodded silently, listening to Kilo.
Hlaoroo wrote:"All right, Kilo. Oh, hi, Charles and Flukely. We were talking about you guys a few moments ago. Do you want breakfast? There's scrambled eggs or porridge. Anyway, Tesla had the idea of sending up drones with cameras to help search for Piper. We were thinking you two could work with him to build some and fly them around while the rest of us are on the ground. Nadia and Kilo will search the silo area. Mum and Dad will trawl the web to see if they can find anything that might fit Kilo's theory of something else being stolen. So, I guess that leaves me, Lucky and Koa to investigate ground zero, the shop. Chip, you should probably come with us and tell the police what you saw... Have I forgotten anyone?" Flynn asks, passing Lucky the maple syrup as Joan and John nod their assent to their roles.

"Perhaps we can liaise with all the teams in the field so that you all get any information any one team picks up." John suggests, having gotten too interested in solving the mystery to remember that he's forbidden the pets from hunting for the kidnappers.
"Thanks," said Lucky as Flynn passed him the syrup. He applied liberally.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:
Roarin wrote:"Jutters and chugs, all these cars sound the same to me..." Senka grumbles, eyeing a few of the vehicles in the vicinity.

What?!! Miming a look of shock..
you can't tell the difference between the sounds different prey makes.?
Maybe we need to take you in for a hearing test.

"Hey! Animal sounds and car sounds are totally different things! Besides, it not like I really try to tell the difference between them all. They're all just loud and noisy..." The mountain lion harrumphed as she was herded back over to the officer.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I suggest we take the open path to the silo, Nadia,” Kilo said, settling in after his scooping. "it might help convince Scratch of peaceful intentions."
" alright" Nadia nodded , closing the door behind them "wouldn't being with you prove that we're peaceful enough anyway though ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"True," Kilo conceded, "but it would rest on the quality of the outrunner who sighted us. Woodwillow would see me from further away than Rower but the fastest is Juniper and Juniper knows her way by scent as she's blind. Fabulous memory, though."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "Hey! Animal sounds and car sounds are totally different things! Besides, it not like I really try to tell the difference between them all. They're all just loud and noisy..." The mountain lion harrumphed as she was herded back over to the officer.

I guess it's only canines that like to hunt down autos..
Kandi herds the cats.. holding onto Senka's tail like it was a leash, or a cub following it's mother..
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"All right, Kilo. Oh, hi, Charles and Flukely. We were talking about you guys a few moments ago. Do you want breakfast? There's scrambled eggs or porridge. Anyway, Tesla had the idea of sending up drones with cameras to help search for Piper. We were thinking you two could work with him to build some and fly them around while the rest of us are on the ground. Nadia and Kilo will search the silo area. Mum and Dad will trawl the web to see if they can find anything that might fit Kilo's theory of something else being stolen. So, I guess that leaves me, Lucky and Koa to investigate ground zero, the shop. Chip, you should probably come with us and tell the police what you saw... Have I forgotten anyone?" Flynn asks, passing Lucky the maple syrup as Joan and John nod their assent to their roles.
The moment Flynn says cameras, Charles' ears perk up and he leans forward. Both animals nod in agreement.

"Making drones sounds cool! You in, Charles?"

"Am I in? Of course I'm in!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The last few houses passed behind them as Nadia and Kilo made their way down the path towards the silo field beyond. Kilo frowned slightly. "I'm rather surprised we've not seen an outrider yet and..." He sniffed. "Do you smell something?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:The last few houses passed behind them as Nadia and Kilo made their way down the path towards the silo field beyond. Kilo frowned slightly. "I'm rather surprised we've not seen an outrider yet and..." He sniffed. "Do you smell something?"
"blood...." Nadia muttered , breaking into a run . The closer they came to the silos , the more apparent of what had happened.
"Kilo, which silo are they living in ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good...grief," Kilo said, almost at a loss for words as the pair passed through the lurid, silent, aftermath of battle. Everywhere around them arrows from Scratchs' defensive positions showed their efficiency but the open, silent, silo to the middle spoke of defeat to the old Mouse who suddenly felt nearly ageless on Nadias' shoulder. "The..the middle one," he replied. "I THINK all the traps have been activated but..."
He was cut off by a faint voice. "Is that Kilo I hear?" A battle marked Mouse appeared from a clump of grass nearby and felt her way over to Nadias' foot. She put hands against the claws. "Nope," she said, backing away, "it's a Vixen. I'll, uh, be off now..."
"I am also here, Juniper," Kilo assured her. "Nadia, could you lift her up, please?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John collects phone numbers from the assembled pets and extracts promises to call him with any news so he can spread it around as Flynn nods his approval at the plan.
"That's an F and a K, Chip." he answers the mouse. "Have you had enough breakfast? Need a drink? You want a drink, Lucky, or are you right?" he queries, eager to set out.

~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie thought really hard. "Knot... Knot sure on size," he said, putting a clawtip to his teeth, "but furst it got lawder so must have been coming forward. Then it goes shuddur shuddur as it waytes then gets qwietur. Goes 'way.". He thought on. "Sumfing else," he said. "when they wure juddring. Blee, blee, blee... Hah!". He opened his eyes and smiled. "Turned right at the plaepark lights and sumwun was crossing!"
"Right at the playpark... You mean they were coming up this way, towards the square and out of town?" queries the K9 officer, eager to confirm as the kitten's direction is slightly ambiguous. If the kidnappers did come this way they might have passed by the traffic camera on the outskirts of town, assuming they took the main road. It would be worth a look.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good...grief," Kilo said, almost at a loss for words as the pair passed through the lurid, silent, aftermath of battle. Everywhere around them arrows from Scratchs' defensive positions showed their efficiency but the open, silent, silo to the middle spoke of defeat to the old Mouse who suddenly felt nearly ageless on Nadias' shoulder. "The..the middle one," he replied. "I THINK all the traps have been activated but..."
He was cut off by a faint voice. "Is that Kilo I hear?" A battle marked Mouse appeared from a clump of grass nearby and felt her way over to Nadias' foot. She put hands against the claws. "Nope," she said, backing away, "it's a Vixen. I'll, uh, be off now..."
"I am also here, Juniper," Kilo assured her. "Nadia, could you lift her up, please?"
Nadia quietly and gently lifting the other , apparently blind mouse , up and put her on the shoulder next to Kilo.
"anyone else survived ?" she asked while walking toward the middle silo , still seemingly as emotionless as when she first asked Kilo which silo it was.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oop, that's... that's weird," Juniper said as Nadia lifted her up. She took the opportunity to get a sniff of Nadia's scent. So you found Serenade's sister in the end?"
"Yes," Kilo admitted, taking her paw to bring her safely onto the vixens' shoulder, "but, first, what happened here?"
She took a breath and spoke again, a slight hollowness to her tone. "So many ferals," she said. "So many. They came last night. Last evening," she corrected. "We fought... so hard. But..." She held to Kilo. "There were too... too many. We couldn't hold. Scratch..." She coughed. "Scratch held their worst at bay whilst the remainder fled for the lodge but he died and I..." She sighed. "I hit the door frame at speed. Knocked myself out."
Kilo was almost silent now, lost in thought. "We need to pick up your package now, Nadia," he said slowly before directing her around any remaining traps to where the box was buried in the silo.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: "Right at the playpark... You mean they were coming up this way, towards the square and out of town?" queries the K9 officer, eager to confirm as the kitten's direction is slightly ambiguous. If the kidnappers did come this way they might have passed by the traffic camera on the outskirts of town, assuming they took the main road. It would be worth a look.
"Yes," Leslie said after a moment. He nodded. "They wure coming here..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After a moment of digging , Nadia finally found what they were looking for : a bow as big as herself when stood upright , wrapped tightly under layers of tree barks , papers and straws.
"I guess this is it" she said after a sigh of relief , then asked "you said you knocked yourself out , so I guess we don't know for sure , but if there're any survivors , where would they be ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"First... whoa..." she paused as Kilo stopped her falling off Nadia's shoulder. "Thank you.... First place they'd head to would be the abandoned cabin at the other side of the woods, Miss Vixen."
"But we may have to go to the shop first," Kilo said, half hollowly. "We cannot deal with this ourselves. The Police will need to be informed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie kept making noises like a small truck whilst the adults talked.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"First... whoa..." she paused as Kilo stopped her falling off Nadia's shoulder. "Thank you.... First place they'd head to would be the abandoned cabin at the other side of the woods, Miss Vixen."
"But we may have to go to the shop first," Kilo said, half hollowly. "We cannot deal with this ourselves. The Police will need to be informed."
"other side of the woods....." Nadia frowned. That would take too long, and time was the one thing they didn't have.
"There's nothing to inform the humans" she said coldly "we still don't know if the kidnappers are hiding around here or not, the cops won't care about what happen to a few silos otherwise, and I'm not gonna leave any more defenseless creatures risking their lives wander aimlessly into danger territory." .With a quick sigh, the vixen picked up the bow and continued "The attack happened last night , they wouldn't be able to get away until at least after the battle reached the most chaotic point. The night , wounded, youngllings and old ones will slow them down, if we chase after them now we may be able to meet them along the way."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"What else has happened," Juniper asked, sensing something awry.
"A doe was kidnapped this morning," Kilo told her, holding her paw to stop her walking off the Vixen's shoulder. "We came to ask questions of Scratch."
"A doe?" She repeated. "Missing? And you're looking for her?" She turned her useless eyes on Nadia. "Are you SURE you're a Vixen?" She took a dizzy giggle. "A human did come by a day or so back but Scratch scared them off." She sighed. "You'll need to put me down if I'm to show you the way, Miss Vixen. I know the way like the back of my hand," she added, deliberately showing Nadia her padded palm.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:John collects phone numbers from the assembled pets and extracts promises to call him with any news so he can spread it around as Flynn nods his approval at the plan.
"That's an F and a K, Chip." he answers the mouse. "Have you had enough breakfast? Need a drink? You want a drink, Lucky, or are you right?" he queries, eager to set out.
"I'm done," replied Lucky, slamming down his spoon a bit hard than he intended. "Let me just try calling Ryyn one more time." He tool out his cell and quickly dialed the number.

This time Ryyn picked up.

"Hang on, I have to take this. Hello?"

"RYYYYNNNNNN!!!" The shout caused Ryyn to nearly drop the phone, and he fumbled with it for a moment. When he got it back into postion Lucky explained what happened and where they were headed.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------
any reason why you have your motor running Kitten?
Kandi looks about..
Are you hearing the truck again??