Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana flinched slightly as Ulrich burst from the door, "I'm guessing the fact the new girl ain't here she's 'not here', huh?" She glanced around, "I think it's best if we don't loiter."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Yeah, especially since we have no idea how long the lights are going to last.” Kolt said, before walking over to the door with the coughing and opening it. As soon as he did so, the coughing stopped, and he found himself in a rundown kids room. A skeleton sat next to a teddy bear in bed, with two nightstands on either side. One had a lamp on it, while the other had a bunch of medication bottles on it. ”Well this is pleasant.” He snarked, stepping out of the door way so the others could get in. ”Alright, Tats, you check the bed and the skeleton. I wouldn’t put it past Lycan to place the key in the skull. Ulrich, you got the stand with the lamp. Don’t be afraid to break it open if you think the key’s inside. I’ll check out the one with all the meds.”
-
Liz sighed. ”I supposed that’s going to have to do for now.” She said, clearly not thrilled that Lockwood was the one she was talking to. ”I’ve been told that to you we were gone four years. For us it’s only been an hour. We’re currently in a ship the size of post-icecap Australia. Also, what was that you said about the Barbarox?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

<<...zzzwe're ztill revovvering from their lazzt attack,>> Lockwood reported, sounding tired. <<Shortly after you vanizzhed... Only an hour or zo, you say? Huh. Shortly affter you vanizhed FOUR YEARZz back, Barbarox went nutzzz. Ztarted hitting INZIGNIA everywhere. Every day. We don't know what zzet them off...>>
Corp gave a wry smile. He had a fair idea why the war had happened.
<<..but they vanizhed without finizhing the job. We were holding INZIGNIA down but, eight monthz back, the Barbarox returned and smashed zem in a bare few dayz. After that, they zztarted on uz with weapons and racez we've never zeen before.
We're ztruggling to hold them, Liz. We zent a fleet, including Hasperus, Ares and Tiberius. Tiberius and Hasperus are being repaired now and have been out for monthz. Ares waz lost with all handz along with almozt a hundred other zhipszzz...>>

Cherry winced as she felt her leg try to cut in with a jolt of pain.
<<...izzapeared again. We're waiting for the return. It'z bad. Your zurvival is the bezt newz in monthz...>>
"And you can't tell anyone," Corp cut in. "Security Chief Davidstow, sir. Ident code Alpha Epsilon Banana. We don't know if there's any way back, sir. There's little point in giving family and friends false hope." He stopped talking.
After a moment Lockwood could be heard to chuckle. A dry, raspy, sound from the comm. <<Provez the recordz right about him at leazt. Zo, Captain, what now?>>
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:<<...zzzwe're ztill revovvering from their lazzt attack,>> Lockwood reported, sounding tired. <<Shortly after you vanizzhed... Only an hour or zo, you say? Huh. Shortly affter you vanizhed FOUR YEARZz back, Barbarox went nutzzz. Ztarted hitting INZIGNIA everywhere. Every day. We don't know what zzet them off...>>
Corp gave a wry smile. He had a fair idea why the war had happened.
<<..but they vanizhed without finizhing the job. We were holding INZIGNIA down but, eight monthz back, the Barbarox returned and smashed zem in a bare few dayz. After that, they zztarted on uz with weapons and racez we've never zeen before.
We're ztruggling to hold them, Liz. We zent a fleet, including Hasperus, Ares and Tiberius. Tiberius and Hasperus are being repaired now and have been out for monthz. Ares waz lost with all handz along with almozt a hundred other zhipszzz...>>

Cherry winced as she felt her leg try to cut in with a jolt of pain.
<<...izzapeared again. We're waiting for the return. It'z bad. Your zurvival is the bezt newz in monthz...>>
"And you can't tell anyone," Corp cut in. "Security Chief Davidstow, sir. Ident code Alpha Epsilon Banana. We don't know if there's any way back, sir. There's little point in giving family and friends false hope." He stopped talking.
After a moment Lockwood could be heard to chuckle. A dry, raspy, sound from the comm. <<Provez the recordz right about him at leazt. Zo, Captain, what now?>>
"Corp, you are on a ship called the Beacon of Hope and you spontaneously gained superpowers after getting sucked into another universe. There is always a way, there is always hope, and nothing is impossible." Hivemind reminded the Security Chief. He then spoke up again, talking into the communicator. "Admiral, this is Hi... This is Solomon Cohen, sovereign leader of the people of the Hyperion class starship, the Beacon of Hope. My ship picked up the wreckage of the Steelhaven. If I may, I have encountered a great deal of advanced technology in the past. Could you describe the kinds of things the Barbarox used against you?"

-------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Whoa," Jaken said, straightening up to look at the metal Dragon. "June, look at that! A PowerZoid! 'Scuse me, Miss Kol." He hopped off Kol and ran across to examine this new thing, smiling as June dropped from the arm on the way.
MT looked at the fox child, unsure of how to respond. In his memory, he didn't think he had ever actually been this close to a child. The youngest people he interacted with while being built were the interns. He put the minigun he was checking out back on the shelf and addressed Jaken. "Can I help you?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana stepped closer to the bed, and she would have grimaced if she had a face. She looked over the small, pajama wearing skeleton that appeared to have remained there for quite sometime, but didn't seem to hold anything significant. The only real thing of note to her was the teddy bear, which had a zipper on the back, "Well, nothing overly creepy with the small dead child. Guess Lycan has limits and or standards. The teddy though has a zipper, probably something in it. Like a key! Or a bomb. Maybe both. It opens doors with a happy kaboom."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Flopping down onto the floor just seems to start June giggling, as she looks up at Eira, tail wagging and a playful glint in her eyes. "Hello."

Glancing over at MT for a moment Jume turns her attention back to Eira. "Thats a cool trick." she says gesturing a eira's arm.

- - - - - - - -

"Learn what, Dogs cheat?" Kol commented with a roll of her eyes at hiveminnd's comment about the training.

when MT starts looking through the heavy weapons, Kol chimes in with "I think that one belongs to the big one that smells like fish. He pulled it off a winged machine while we were on a Bow-at." mispronouncing the last word slightly.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Flopping down onto the floor just seems to start June giggling, as she looks up at Eira, tail wagging and a playful glint in her eyes. "Hello."

Glancing over at MT for a moment Jume turns her attention back to Eira. "Thats a cool trick." she says gesturing a eira's arm.
"Thanks." Eira responded, smiling. Not wanting to miss an opportunity to show off a bit, she added "Do you want to see a different trick?"

-----------------------
Buster wrote:"Learn what, Dogs cheat?" Kol commented with a roll of her eyes at hiveminnd's comment about the training.

when MT starts looking through the heavy weapons, Kol chimes in with "I think that one belongs to the big one that smells like fish. He pulled it off a winged machine while we were on a Bow-at." mispronouncing the last word slightly.
"Your opponent won't always fight fair. The people we are charged with stopping are rarely honorable or fair fighters. Unlike us, they don't follow rules. You can't rely on them to fight in a way you are used to. You need to analyze the situation before charging in, or you will end up caught in a trap." Hivemind told Kol.

When Kol addressed MT, he looked at her and his brain immediately searched through his databases to try to identify what her species was. He turned to her. "Hello. I am MT-694. I am sorry if this is rude to ask, but I am new to this universe. Could you please identify your species so I can add it to my databases?" He asked, trying to sound as polite as he could.

-----------------------

Suddenly the lights went dead, plunging the remaining three members of the team into complete darkness. This sudden darkness was followed by the slam of a door and click of a lock.

The coughing resumed. Perhaps the only thing that can be seen in this darkness is the silhouette of a child, sitting up in the bed and coughing violently.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean looks at the door as Hivemind knocks, resisting the urge to bark. He looks to Sarah for guidance, flashing a few signs of explanation at Conall.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah carefully went over and opened the door. "C'min, C'min," she gestured. "Ah were just tryin' t' get on th' int'rnet an' see if'n they's family is still aroond in this universe, like?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<...zzzzifficult to zzay,>> Lockwood said as Seena sipped her tea. <<zzome shaped like granite monliffzz that move, zzome armoured like Armadilloz but with heavier chitin. Zzome with zzkull facezz... Zome like... Zzey uzze a new race for ground troopz. Like...
Like... Bazilizk lizzards. Our... our zzize zzo it'zz harder to hide from them. They uze light and hologram weaponry only zzo they're zzent in firzt againzt zoft targetzz. They draw out the local armed forcezz into the trapz. We...We're ztill rebuilding New London eight monthz afterzzz...>>
The comm began to cut out as Seena felt her leg shoot a pain up her insides but she got it back again after a strain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\"You talk too, Cool," Jaken breathed. "Can I climb you?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt found nothing in the medicine bottles aside from something called Isoniazid, as was about to just dismiss it as the physical equivalent of flavor text when the lights went out. ”Shoot, he’s coming.” He shoved the nearly melted key into Tatiana’s hands. ”Take this and head for the door. The last key’s likely in that plushie, get it out once you get to the door. I’ll taunt him, try and make him come for me first. Now GO!” He said, giving the two a light shove with his powers to get them moving, before turning back to face the darkness. ”HEY YOU OVERSIZED HOUSEPET!!! QUIT BEING A COWARD AND FACE ME ONE ON ONE!! ASSUMING YOUR PATHETIC EXUSE FOR SUPER STRENGTH CAN EVEN SCRATH MY FORCEFIELDS!!!”
-
”Excuse me sir, Lieutenant Lewis Walker speaking, ID Blue Zircon Uranium. This might seem like an odd question, but those armadillo creatures you mentioned, by any chance is their chitin yellow? Because I’ve seen creatures fitting that description doing heavy lifting on this ship. Lewis said, leaning in to speak into the comm.
”Oh, I see what you’re getting at.” Liz said, having figured out her sons train of thought. ”If it’s the same as the creature you saw earlier, then the Barbarox might’ve found a way to travel dimensions. That would explain the all the new technology and creatures they have at their disposal, as well as that disappearing act they pulled.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

<<...zzzzat doez zzound familiar,>> the Admiral replied.
"You need to strike that last from the recording, sir," Corp said quickly.
<<Ezzplain, Chief>>
"If you're making a record of this, it could fall into rogue hands. If it got to the Barbarox..."
<<...They could work out which univerzze you're in. Which I don't belive I'm zeriouzly zzaying....>>
"No disrespect to our current hosts but, powerful as they are, I don't think even they want to face Barbarox in this universe, considering..." To show what he hadn't said, he thought hard to bring out a purple psychic knife to show them. "It wouldn't be smart."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado sat idly by, drinking tea that he didn't really want, but consumed because he'd made a little too much and because he didn't really have anything to say. He kept tabs on his love's health and pain levels with the overlay his eye provided him, silently making a note to himself to acquire pain medications. His ears twitched in concern every time he watched Seena go through a short bout of leg pain.

---------

Ulrich made his way over to the lamp at Kolt's behest. He was looking it over when the lights went out, immediately halting his ability to visually examine the lamp. "Oh great, out of the dark and into more dark. Great." He was about to protest Kolt's course of action before being unceremoniously shoved towards the door with Tatiana. "Well, where is the plush?"

---------

Chris cast his eyes over the armory to see if anything immediately stood out, "Considering I don't really intend on being separated from him for too long in the middle of a fight, I guess some sort of sidearm if you've got it. Small enough to fit inside of the pilots seat with me, but I don't want to see shots bouncing off of paper."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana rummaged inside the teddy bear as she replied to Ulrich, "I have it!" She gave a sigh of relief as she pulled out a second key, her sigh became a groan however at the sight of three locks on the door, not just two, "Need one more! 'Rich please tell me you and the newbie found a key on your end!" She practically demanded, placing her two keys in and turning preemptively in case Ulrich did have a key, which he did, but Tatiana didn't take notice of it earlier.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Cailean looks at the door as Hivemind knocks, resisting the urge to bark. He looks to Sarah for guidance, flashing a few signs of explanation at Conall.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah carefully went over and opened the door. "C'min, C'min," she gestured. "Ah were just tryin' t' get on th' int'rnet an' see if'n they's family is still aroond in this universe, like?"
Hivemind shook his head as he walked toward Cailean with the map. "It's unlikely. Our universes are too different. That being said, it is nearly a given that they are alive in a universe more closely related to yours. In fact, I'd wager there is a universe identical to yours with the exception being they are alive and you two aren't." He said and signed casually as if there was nothing life-altering or weird about his words whatsoever.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You talk too, Cool," Jaken breathed. "Can I climb you?"
"No." The robot stated flatly. "Thank you for asking for permission first. My armor is sharp and has nothing to grab hold of. Climbing me can result in serious injury."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:<<...zzzzifficult to zzay,>> Lockwood said as Seena sipped her tea. <<zzome shaped like granite monliffzz that move, zzome armoured like Armadilloz but with heavier chitin. Zzome with zzkull facezz... Zome like... Zzey uzze a new race for ground troopz. Like...
Like... Bazilizk lizzards. Our... our zzize zzo it'zz harder to hide from them. They uze light and hologram weaponry only zzo they're zzent in firzt againzt zoft targetzz. They draw out the local armed forcezz into the trapz. We...We're ztill rebuilding New London eight monthz afterzzz...>>
The comm began to cut out as Seena felt her leg shoot a pain up her insides but she got it back again after a strain.
Legotron123 wrote:”Excuse me sir, Lieutenant Lewis Walker speaking, ID Blue Zircon Uranium. This might seem like an odd question, but those armadillo creatures you mentioned, by any chance is their chitin yellow? Because I’ve seen creatures fitting that description doing heavy lifting on this ship. Lewis said, leaning in to speak into the comm.
”Oh, I see what you’re getting at.” Liz said, having figured out her sons train of thought. ”If it’s the same as the creature you saw earlier, then the Barbarox might’ve found a way to travel dimensions. That would explain the all the new technology and creatures they have at their disposal, as well as that disappearing act they pulled.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:<<...zzzzat doez zzound familiar,>> the Admiral replied.
"You need to strike that last from the recording, sir," Corp said quickly.
<<Ezzplain, Chief>>
"If you're making a record of this, it could fall into rogue hands. If it got to the Barbarox..."
<<...They could work out which univerzze you're in. Which I don't belive I'm zeriouzly zzaying....>>
"No disrespect to our current hosts but, powerful as they are, I don't think even they want to face Barbarox in this universe, considering..." To show what he hadn't said, he thought hard to bring out a purple psychic knife to show them. "It wouldn't be smart."
"I recognize some of those species. How fast do those Basilisk lizard-like people move? If it ranges between fifty and one hundred miles per hour, then that sounds like Corytophians." Hivemind suggested. "They are also native of our universe. They aren't known for being particularly aggressive. The Barbarox must have done something big and very good for the Corytophians if they are fighting on the same side."

Responding to what Corp said, Hivemind added, "We are equipped to handle situations and opponents like that, Corp." He said, gesturing to the psychic knife. "However, it would still be foolish to simply reveal ourselves to them. For now, it's best we remain hidden until we can prepare for proper action." He said. He sounded like he expected the fight to come sooner or later.

Deske wrote:Chris cast his eyes over the armory to see if anything immediately stood out, "Considering I don't really intend on being separated from him for too long in the middle of a fight, I guess some sort of sidearm if you've got it. Small enough to fit inside of the pilots seat with me, but I don't want to see shots bouncing off of paper."
Hivemind pulled a mid-sized pistol off of it's shelf and stuck in a magazine with a dark yellow stripe. "Here. Effective range of two thousand meters. It's loaded with non-penetrating amber shots. Hit a target with this and it will burst, encasing a target in a solid glob of hard, sticky material. It was designed for immobilizing opponents."

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt found nothing in the medicine bottles aside from something called Isoniazid, as was about to just dismiss it as the physical equivalent of flavor text when the lights went out. ”Shoot, he’s coming.” He shoved the nearly melted key into Tatiana’s hands. ”Take this and head for the door. The last key’s likely in that plushie, get it out once you get to the door. I’ll taunt him, try and make him come for me first. Now GO!” He said, giving the two a light shove with his powers to get them moving, before turning back to face the darkness. ”HEY YOU OVERSIZED HOUSEPET!!! QUIT BEING A COWARD AND FACE ME ONE ON ONE!! ASSUMING YOUR PATHETIC EXUSE FOR SUPER STRENGTH CAN EVEN SCRATH MY FORCEFIELDS!!!”
Kolt didn't get any response. That is, until suddenly The Lycan was behind him. Before Kolt could react, Randy reached around and smacked a mask over Kolt's muzzle. The mask blasted a sweet smelling gas into Kolt's face, quickly causing him to feel fatigued and dizzy before he passed out.

Kolt would wake up outside the door in the particularly crowded armory. "Noble move, Kolt. It looks like Tatiana and Ulrich are almost..."

He was cut off. An odd, bubbling portal had just opened up right there in the armory. Immediately, Hivemind pulled a heavy machine gun off of the shelf next to him, loaded it with explosive ammunition, and instantly pointed it into the portal. He was just about to open fire when the portal closed.

"I didn't think those would follow us during our FTL jump. This is alarming."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt yawned loudly as he awoke outside the armory, wiping a bit of drool off his face as he sat up. He was about to tell Hivemind exactly what he thought about that simulation, when the portal opened up, and in an instant, everything changed. His eyes widened, his body trembled, he scrambled up against the wall, and he started hyperventilating. Anyone with the proper medical education could easily tell he was having a panic attack.
-
”Knowing Fortis, he probably helped them out of a bad spot.” Liz said, looking displeased to be talking about her ex. ”For a pirate lord, he’s awfully kind to his underlings. The vast majority of them he’s recruited them from places like New Providence or the Colonies out by Kaon, places that don’t get a lot of government help for a lot of reasons. He takes people off the streets, gives them things they’ve never had before, and treats them better then they’ve been treated for a while. Stuff like that is about 60% of the reason they’ve had so few defectors over the years. The other 40% is that he decapitates anyone who turns traitor.” She said, pausing for a moment to observe the others reactions. ”Yeah, there’s a reason I broke up with him.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp removed a flash card from his helmet and handed it over to Hive. "You might want to see this," he said. "security recording of one of my last encounters with a single Barbarox foot soldier. In an unpowered universe. I got lucky on this one, he was just a lightly armoured infiltrator. We lost about twenty the next time they attacked." ((Linky to Steelhaven post. ))
Having passed that on, Corp focused to extinguish the blade and put a reassuring - he hoped - hand up on the Captain's shoulder. "Never blame yourself for another's actions," he advised.
<<...zat zzoundzz like them,>> Lockwood admitted. as static began to increase.
"Can you... hurry it up, please," Seena said, before realising she'd just said that to an Admiral. Her ears pricked up as he face looked a bit shocked. "Sorry, sir. It's getting... harder to focus."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken looked confused as the portal opened and, naturally, tried to close it despite it not being one of his. "What was that," he demanded of anyone who could tell him. He shifted to try and catch Kolt before he hit the ground and huffed as he strained against the weight of armour. "Doctur Rika," he managed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I don’t blame myself for anything he does. It’s not like our brake up made him a worse person. He was a pirate before and he was a pirate after.” Liz said, still upset to be on this particular topic. ”Anyways, we should talk later. Being a conduit for interdimensional communication is starting to cause Miss Seena pain.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt yawned loudly as he awoke outside the armory, wiping a bit of drool off his face as he sat up. He was about to tell Hivemind exactly what he thought about that simulation, when the portal opened up, and in an instant, everything changed. His eyes widened, his body trembled, he scrambled up against the wall, and he started hyperventilating. Anyone with the proper medical education could easily tell he was having a panic attack.
Once the portal was gone, Hivemind and Eira rushed over to Kolt.

"What was that?!" Eira asked Hivemind as she checked on Kolt.
"Something bad. Kolt..." Hivemind spoke as calmly as he could. "I know what this means. This time, it will be different. We can prepare for it this time because you and I already know what they do."

------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”Knowing Fortis, he probably helped them out of a bad spot.” Liz said, looking displeased to be talking about her ex. ”For a pirate lord, he’s awfully kind to his underlings. The vast majority of them he’s recruited them from places like New Providence or the Colonies out by Kaon, places that don’t get a lot of government help for a lot of reasons. He takes people off the streets, gives them things they’ve never had before, and treats them better then they’ve been treated for a while. Stuff like that is about 60% of the reason they’ve had so few defectors over the years. The other 40% is that he decapitates anyone who turns traitor.” She said, pausing for a moment to observe the others reactions. ”Yeah, there’s a reason I broke up with him.
"That wouldn't take much effort in the case of the Corytophians. Approximately seventy-five percent of their species we suspect are enslaved by "rouge" Varanian slaver rings, while twenty percent are constantly hit by "rouge" Varanian raiders. The last five percent live on the Beacon." Hivemind explained. "If this Fortis you mentioned freed some Corytophians, they would no doubt join him."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp removed a flash card from his helmet and handed it over to Hive. "You might want to see this," he said. "security recording of one of my last encounters with a single Barbarox foot soldier. In an unpowered universe. I got lucky on this one, he was just a lightly armoured infiltrator. We lost about twenty the next time they attacked." ((Linky to Steelhaven post. ))
Having passed that on, Corp focused to extinguish the blade and put a reassuring - he hoped - hand up on the Captain's shoulder. "Never blame yourself for another's actions," he advised.
<<...zat zzoundzz like them,>> Lockwood admitted. as static began to increase.
"Can you... hurry it up, please," Seena said, before realising she'd just said that to an Admiral. Her ears pricked up as he face looked a bit shocked. "Sorry, sir. It's getting... harder to focus."
Legotron123 wrote:”I don’t blame myself for anything he does. It’s not like our brake up made him a worse person. He was a pirate before and he was a pirate after.” Liz said, still upset to be on this particular topic. ”Anyways, we should talk later. Being a conduit for interdimensional communication is starting to cause Miss Seena pain.”
"Agreed. I apologize, admiral but we need to cut this talk short. Seena, you can drop the connection. I'm sorry. We shouldn't have pushed this so long. You should get to a hospital. They'll fix that leg in an instant."

Ulrich and Tatiana have all of the keys and are at the final door. They have won. If they go through the door and down a short hallway with no tricks (aside from some confetti), they will find themselves in the armory with everyone else.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"So... That wasn't your trick?" June asks when Eira freaks out about the portal. "Cause it seemed like a pretty good one."

When MT asks about her species, Kol glances between him and the others, before turning away and grumbling about him 'using weird words'.

Also, hivemind has 'mail'
>Any chance you can explain why there's an odd looking spatial rift in the machine shop with us?
>Correction, was an odd looking rift. The heck is going on? I thought we were still in transit.

- - - - -

If i keep going the rooms will make sense eventually.
GLOWY THING! FREEDOM!

-vwip-
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mr..," Jaken said before realising he didn't quite recall this males' name, "...um... er... Iron Tail!
Mr Iron Tail, you must, um, be breathing deep,
" he said, trying to recall how he'd seen his father calm down a panicking patient. "Deep in through nose and all out through mouth. Try? Um... and see attack as, um, wave of water. Do not battle but swim. Ride wave to land. " He tried not to let on that he didn't really have a clue what that meant - or that they'd needed a Medicant Wagon for the patient. What else, he thought. There was something... Oh, yeah. Tactile stuff. Did that count? Um..? "This good for panic attacks," he told the others as he braced himself for ridicule for this unhuntery thing... He hugged Kolt, hoping it hid the fact he was panicking a bit too...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A break does sound good," Seena agreed.
<<...zzzWill ezzzpect to hear from youuuu zzzoon azzz...>> The line cut off shortly before Seena dropped the comm.
"Guess that explains why the sensor couldn't ID the power," Corp shrugged.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana ran through the doo once it was unlocked and opened l, not even sparring Kolt a glance. As she entered the armory she hunched over, placing her hands on her knees, more out of the mental strain the simulation gave her than physical, "I am so glad I didn't learn what he'd use on a lequiform. How the heck did one guy seem more intimidating than a hate mech, an mini merc army and two walking natural disasters?!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Cailean looks at the door as Hivemind knocks, resisting the urge to bark. He looks to Sarah for guidance, flashing a few signs of explanation at Conall.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah carefully went over and opened the door. "C'min, C'min," she gestured. "Ah were just tryin' t' get on th' int'rnet an' see if'n they's family is still aroond in this universe, like?"
Hivemind shook his head as he walked toward Cailean with the map. "It's unlikely. Our universes are too different. That being said, it is nearly a given that they are alive in a universe more closely related to yours. In fact, I'd wager there is a universe identical to yours with the exception being they are alive and you two aren't." He said and signed casually as if there was nothing life-altering or weird about his words whatsoever.
"Thank ye. Ah suppose it was tae much tae ask."
Conall looks a bit crestfallen as another thought occurs to him.
"Ah suppose in another universe they'd hae their own lives anywye an' wuidnae want tae talk tae us. It cuid be rather awkward findin' us back frae th' dead or somethin'."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Sarah said and signed, "Ah figger they'd love ye verra quickly, like. Y' have that way 'bout ye." She made to have a look at the map.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Jaken’s words eventually made it through to Kolt, as he started breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth. Slowly but surely, he managed to calm himself down. He looked after at Jaken and smiled, putting an arm around the Celican in a sorta half hug. ”Thanks for the reminder kiddo. It’s easy to forget that sorta thing when I get like that.” He let go of the kid and stood up, looking over at Hivemind with curiosity. ”How do you know what that was? You didn’t mention any encounter with the Yah Rin when I brought them up yesterday.”
-
Once Liz was sure the comm was turned off, she turned to address the Hivemind drone in the room. ”You should know, if Fortis finds out where I am, he WILL come for me. He’s never been subtle about his desire to get back together with me, and while he’s never tried to force me before, I can’t guarantee my supposed death won’t change that. He might take a “I lost you once, I won’t lost you again” sorta stance.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Jaken’s words eventually made it through to Kolt, as he started breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth. Slowly but surely, he managed to calm himself down. He looked after at Jaken and smiled, putting an arm around the Celican in a sorta half hug. ”Thanks for the reminder kiddo. It’s easy to forget that sorta thing when I get like that.” He let go of the kid and stood up, looking over at Hivemind with curiosity. ”How do you know what that was? You didn’t mention any encounter with the Yah Rin when I brought them up yesterday.”
"You described their portals yesterday to Ulrich. That's how I know." Hivemind said, helping him to his feet.
Buster wrote:"So... That wasn't your trick?" June asks when Eira freaks out about the portal. "Cause it seemed like a pretty good one."
Once Kolt was standing again Eira turned to June. "No. I can't open portals." Now that things calmed down though, she still wanted to show off the actual trick she mentioned. She held out her ice arm and thawed it. Holding her liquid hand open and facing upward, she concentrated on June and her appearance. A small glob of water rose out of the palm of her hand and started to take shape. Six appendages grew out of the main body of the water. Two of them formed beneath, one on the left and right sides, one shorter one on top, and a long one out of the back. The water shaped and refined itself, forming fins on the back. The appendages refined themselves into legs, arms, a head, and a tail. Eira re-froze her arm. Finally, she froze the water figure into a perfect miniature ice sculpture of June. She handed the figurine over to the furry shark.
Buster wrote:When MT asks about her species, Kol glances between him and the others, before turning away and grumbling about him 'using weird words'.
MT was somewhat confused by Kol's response, and then more confused about the portal. However, once things calmed down, he went back to looking at the heavy weapons in the room.
Buster wrote:Also, hivemind has 'mail'
>Any chance you can explain why there's an odd looking spatial rift in the machine shop with us?
>Correction, was an odd looking rift. The heck is going on? I thought we were still in transit.
>I don't know why that showed up. It's a portal used by a species of body snatchers called the Yah Rin.
> I don't think I need to tell you, but I will anyway. If you see another, keep your distance and make sure everyone else in the area does the same.
> On another note, I may have a job for you and Kobor. If you are interested, please meet me in briefing room B on the second floor of Champion Tower.

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana ran through the doo once it was unlocked and opened l, not even sparring Kolt a glance. As she entered the armory she hunched over, placing her hands on her knees, more out of the mental strain the simulation gave her than physical, "I am so glad I didn't learn what he'd use on a lequiform. How the heck did one guy seem more intimidating than a hate mech, an mini merc army and two walking natural disasters?!"
"Sounds like my dad alright." Eira said after handing the figurine over to June. She walked up to Tatiana and held out her ice arm to shake Tatiana's hand. "I'm Eira. I'm The Lycan and Tempest's daughter. Codename Arctos."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"A break does sound good," Seena agreed.
<<...zzzWill ezzzpect to hear from youuuu zzzoon azzz...>> The line cut off shortly before Seena dropped the comm.
"Guess that explains why the sensor couldn't ID the power," Corp shrugged.
"Honestly it makes sense why the sensor was so confused. Heck, I'm still trying to wrap my 14 trillion heads around what exactly this power is. It's so specific, dependent on having a specific kind of item, but it isn't the item that has the power. It's very unique."
Legotron123 wrote:Once Liz was sure the comm was turned off, she turned to address the Hivemind drone in the room. ”I should know, if Fortis finds out where I am, he WILL come for me. He’s never been subtle about his desire to get back together with me, and while he’s never tried to force me before, I can’t guarantee my supposed death won’t change that. He might take a “I lost you once, I won’t lost you again” sorta stance.”
"Understood. We will be ready to defend if needed, but hopefully it won't come to that. Even if he found where you are, if he wants to avoid loosing you again attacking the ship you are in is about the dumbest thing he could possibly do."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thank ye. Ah suppose it was tae much tae ask."
Conall looks a bit crestfallen as another thought occurs to him.
"Ah suppose in another universe they'd hae their own lives anywye an' wuidnae want tae talk tae us. It cuid be rather awkward findin' us back frae th' dead or somethin'."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah," Sarah said and signed, "Ah figger they'd love ye verra quickly, like. Y' have that way 'bout ye." She made to have a look at the map.
Hivemind looked at the twins with the most confused expression an android can make. "I just told you it's pretty much a mathematical certainty that your family is alive in another universe and misses you just as much as you miss them. Reuniting you with them is just a matter of making a targeted inter-universal jump, something that is within the Beacon's capabilities. I'm telling you it is a very high possibility that you will meet your family again within your lifetime. You don't have to treat this information like a sour grapes scenario."

The map is primarily of the Capitol District, though it does show some adjacent districts the maglev goes to.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana stood up right and shook Eira's hand, staring at Eira with her permanent helmet smile, "Tatiana, ex merc from the outer rim. Codename Specter though I've been on two missions now I just realized my team hasn't used our codes. Huh. Anyways nice to meetcha!" Her helmets eye lights lit up with happy half circles, "We should swap adventures sometime!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don' get 'em wrong, Mr Mind," Sarah explained, still signing for Conall, "they're chuffed for the family tha's t'geth'r. Well chuffed. They're just... gonna miss theirs. No replacin' them," she added, not signing the last as she turned fully towards the Hivemind drone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as he reasoned Kolt was improving, Jaken took his arms out of the equation. "Um, saw Dad do that once with, um, a patient," he explained quickly after Hivemind had spoken. "Of.. of course, for touch part Dad punched her but I figured not to as..." He grinned awkwardly. "...you're wearing armour." He nodded to the successful hunters as they arrived in the room. "I like the ice yous', June," he added. "You are more fun though."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'll {unf} have to find out if I can {uh} do anything different later," Seena said, now definitely feeling the leg.
"Yes," Corp agreed. "Time for you to get that seen to and for us to do whatever we're to do next."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I suppose I should get the Grandcubs rooms ready for when their mother lets them visit." She narrowed her eyes. "IF she lets them visit. You probably ought to prepare a home for her and her mate." She couldn't help it. She all but growled that last word and the dislike - the near hate - was in her eye for a moment as she hauled herself off the sofa. "I don't get on with him. I'm sure that's no surprise. Heh. Is anything to you?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Oh. So you’ve never encountered them before.” Kolt said, still taking a few deep breaths to keep himself calm. ”In that case, you should know that they aren’t just body snatchers. They also enhance the powers of the people they possess, sometimes to catastrophic results. There was this girl in Savarin named Elh Melizée, who could control stuff like silicon and glass on a molecular level with her voice. She’d use it to make all sorts of beautiful glass sculptures that she’d sell for lots of money. When the Yah Rin came, she was taken by some big head honcho called Ko Sah, and...” He went quiet for a moment, taking a few more deep breathes to try and keep calm. ”When Wyvern assembled those of us who were left to fight off the Yah Rin, I was one of the ones who went to Savarin. She warned us she wouldn’t be able to send any of her drones to help, since they’d just be disabled once they got into Melizée’s range. What she didn’t warn us about was what we found when we got there. Every pane of glass, every computer processor, every piece of decorative quartz, all of it had just exploded.” He went silent again, looking down at the floor. ”Most people don’t really think about how much silicon there is around us all the time. It’s in our computers, our cars, even some brands of conditioner have it in them. Those who survived what the media dubbed the “Savarin Scream?” They’ll never stop thinking about it.” He looked back up at the Hivemind drone. That’s what the Yah Rin are capable of. Elh Melizée didn’t have the control or the range to do anything like that on her own. But when she was possessed by a Yah Rin, it was mere child’s play.”
-
”Of course, that’s assuming he even finds out I’m here in the first place. As long as Lockwood does his job, we should be fine.” Liz said, not sounding that confident in the Admiral’s abilities. ”So, on a MUCH needed subject change, do you have any clothes that change with shapeshifters? Because I don’t want to have to worry about winding up naked every time I change forms.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deske

Post by Deske »

After he'd made his way out of the horror that was the last training session, the portal of doom opening and Kolt having a panic attack, Ulrich was glad that things had finally calmed down. He listened to Kolt's story about what the Yah Rin were capable of, "So how did you fight them? Surely you must have had some way to stop or at least slow what advances they had made."

--------

Colorado slowly stood up and made his way behind Seena's wheelchair, intending on moving her to a hospital once the crowd cleared out of their house.

--------

Chris looked the weapon over before giving it a test aim at an empty spot on the wall. It felt good, not too big, not too small and that was fine with him. Once satisfied, he walked over to MT, "Find anything you like?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

At first June seems enthralled by the ice sculpture... Until her dad gets talking, and she decides she has something to add, misinformed as it may be. "So they take bodies, and change what they can do, to suit their needs? Like, say... making a shark able to talk? I think father was wrong about this place not having an equivalent to our kind."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana stood up right and shook Eira's hand, staring at Eira with her permanent helmet smile, "Tatiana, ex merc from the outer rim. Codename Specter though I've been on two missions now I just realized my team hasn't used our codes. Huh. Anyways nice to meetcha!" Her helmets eye lights lit up with happy half circles, "We should swap adventures sometime!"
"We totally should. I've got a couple rouges in my gallery. Like there are these hulking twins that carry miniguns that keep showing up. They're usually hired by someone... Then there was the Arsonist. He was one of Dad's rouges. I've got plenty of stories involving them. Well, one with the Arsonist." Eira started. "Do you have any rouges you keep running into?" She asked.

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don' get 'em wrong, Mr Mind," Sarah explained, still signing for Conall, "they're chuffed for the family tha's t'geth'r. Well chuffed. They're just... gonna miss theirs. No replacin' them," she added, not signing the last as she turned fully towards the Hivemind drone.
"No... I understand." The droid said. "Though, I think there is a misunderstanding as to what I was referring to. When the attack happened, your timeline at that point would have branched off into multiple, one for each possible outcome of that event. It's complicated, but the point is that those "alternate versions" are all the very same ones you knew before that branching point. It isn't that they have the same experience, or the same genetics, or just the same memories, they would be the same person." He explained. He thought for a moment on what kind of everyday metaphor he could make about this. He wasn't great with them. "Imagine walking along a path when you come to a fork in the road. If you take one path or the other, you do not turn into a different person depending on which path you take, it is still you walking down that path. With a branch in a timeline, instead of taking one path or the other, you always take both paths. This metaphor will fall apart completely if I try to take it farther, but do you get what I mean?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll {unf} have to find out if I can {uh} do anything different later," Seena said, now definitely feeling the leg.
"Yes," Corp agreed. "Time for you to get that seen to and for us to do whatever we're to do next."
"I've already contacted an ambulance. It should be here right about..." Sirens could be heard from outside. "Now."
Legotron123 wrote:”Of course, that’s assuming he even finds out I’m here in the first place. As long as Lockwood does his job, we should be fine.” Liz said, not sounding that confident in the Admiral’s abilities. ”So, on a MUCH needed subject change, do you have any clothes that change with shapeshifters? Because I don’t want to have to worry about winding up naked every time I change forms.”
"Yes, we have clothes specifically for shapeshifters. I know a store that specializes in designing things like that for people who have different powers. We can go there later. In the meantime, you wanted to discuss training, right?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I suppose I should get the Grandcubs rooms ready for when their mother lets them visit." She narrowed her eyes. "IF she lets them visit. You probably ought to prepare a home for her and her mate." She couldn't help it. She all but growled that last word and the dislike - the near hate - was in her eye for a moment as she hauled herself off the sofa. "I don't get on with him. I'm sure that's no surprise. Heh. Is anything to you?"
"I'll have a home for them by the time they get on the ship. I'll set it up in the newest neighborhood."

At her question, he replied. "If by that you mean is there anything I don't like or anyone I don't agree with, then the answer would be The Legionnaire. If you were watching inter-galactic news broadcasts four years ago, you would know why."

Legotron123 wrote:”Oh. So you’ve never encountered them before.” Kolt said, still taking a few deep breaths to keep himself calm. ”In that case, you should know that they aren’t just body snatchers. They also enhance the powers of the people they possess, sometimes to catastrophic results. There was this girl in Savarin named Elh Melizée, who could control stuff like silicon and glass on a molecular level with her voice. She’d use it to make all sorts of beautiful glass sculptures that she’d sell for lots of money. When the Yah Rin came, she was taken by some big head honcho called Ko Sah, and...” He went quiet for a moment, taking a few more deep breathes to try and keep calm. ”When Wyvern assembled those of us who were left to fight off the Yah Rin, I was of the ones who went to Savarin. She warned us she wouldn’t be able to send any of her drones to help, since they’d just be disabled once they got into Melizée’s range. What she didn’t warm us about was what we found when we got there. Every pane of glass, every computer processor, every piece of decorative quartz, all of it had just exploded.” He went silent again, looking down at the floor. ”Most people don’t really think about how much silicon there is around us all the time. It’s in our computers, our cars, even some brands of conditioner have it in them. Those who survived what the media dubbed the “Savarin Scream?” They’ll never stop thinking about it.” He looked back up at the Hivemind drone. That’s what the Yah Rin are capable of. Elh Melizée didn’t have the control or the range to do anything like that on her own. But when she was possessed by a Yah Rin, it was mere child’s play.”
"Thank you for the heads up. I wish we had encountered your world before that happened. I wish we could have been there to help. However, we can help each other now."
Deske wrote:After he'd made his way out of the horror that was the last training session, the portal of doom opening and Kolt having a panic attack, Ulrich was glad that things had finally calmed down. He listened to Kolt's story about what the Yah Rin were capable of, "So how did you fight them? Surely you must have had some way to stop or at least slow what advances they had made."
Hivemind nodded. "Exactly. Anything you can tell us, especially about how you beat them, will help."

Deske wrote:Chris looked the weapon over before giving it a test aim at an empty spot on the wall. It felt good, not too big, not too small and that was fine with him. Once satisfied, he walked over to MT, "Find anything you like?"
MT looked at the heavy weapons a little bit longer. Then he nodded and pulled one of the weapons off of the shelf. It was a single barrel heavy assault rifle. "Slots for three different kinds of ammunition simultaneously. Adjustable trigger. Lightweight for it's size. Designed to be equipped to a mech such as myself. Built in targeting system with a chaotic systems predictor." He held it up and showed Chris. "An organic's concept of love requires admiration, attraction, devotion, and respect. Conclusion: I am 50% in love."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Honestly, most of it was sheer luck that we beat them. We were lucky they underestimated the defenses Wyvern had around her central servers, we were lucky she managed to take some of them alive for study, we were lucky she was working on an anti-Master weapon that could be repurposed to force the Yah Rin out of their hosts, and we were lucky she had enough materials at the base we were hiding at to make a bunch of them.” Kolt said, not exactly pleased to be talking about the time his entire species was almost forced into slavery. ”Of course, my team couldn’t use those weapons at first, since if that Ko Sah guy knew about them he could render them useless. I had to trick him into leaving Elh to try to possess me before we could start using them. And before you ask, having Quint in my head made me immune to their possession, so he was just stuck without a body. Wyvern said it was something about the chemicals he pumps into my body, but I don’t know the specifics. As for their weaknesses....” He stroked the fur on his chin, trying to remember what trick they had figured out while fighting the possessed Melizée. ”I remember that intense pain can disrupt the connection they have with their hosts, because this one guy on my team just ran around breaking arms, and it was surprisingly effective. I’ve heard some of the civilians had some luck with loud noises, but I never tried that, so I can’t say for certain how well it works.”
(Will post Liz’ stuff tomorrow when it’s not so late.)

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Seena grunted as Colorado shifted her into the chair and the Captain spoke. "Oh, come on, Captain," she said, trying not to gasp. "Turnabout is fair play. I HAVE to see that! Not {umf] right now, of course. I don't need to see the Chief naked..."
"I'll try not to be offended," Corp muttered, opening the door to let the newcomers in. "And yes, training is essential. We've a lot of people don't know how powerful they might be now. And a few who'll take stupid risks."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think you're probably a lot nicer, June," Jaken tried, wondering if he'd closed the portal somehow. "More fun, certainly." He listened to the last bit Kolt had said. "So take them to Bahamas and play loud Reggae?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think the Milky Way heard about that," Hannabelle told Hivemind. "Did your toy sales no end of good." She sighed. "Despite it all, of course. You know they used to do action figures of me, you know? Decades back, of course. With real working jaws. Didn't look much like me, thankfully. They always want to commemorate the wrong reasons, don't they?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I getcha." Sarah had signed the explanation for Conall and added one more line at the end. Don' expect me t' repeat all tha'!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’ll show it to you eventually. I just need to get those shapeshifter clothes first.” Liz said, a vaguely amused smirk on her face. ”Anyways, back onto the subject of training. Let’s get the obvious question out of the way first. What sort of facilities and programs do you have to help people find out more about their powers?”

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed her virtual voice box, "I don't pay em much mind but kinda yeah, have a few regulars. Let's see... Ah! There's this assassin dude I've crossed paths with a few. Stalked me for a week until I took care of the guy who employed him to come after me. Surprisingly handsome and bought me dinner after that, and he didn't even poison anything! Surprisingly cordial for a merc on the Rim. Then there's Suit. Don't know his deal. He's just a skeleton in a suit who's been a thorn in my side for years, and is strong as heck for a bag of bones. Even Lazzy can't catch him. ... Speaking of. The last two on my mind right now due to that line of thought were kinda the reason I decided to seek out the Champions."

She trailed off slightly, "Two sisters, Beckrill and Trisole, of the crazy scientist disposition, were obsessed with experimenting on me, caught me a few times too. Electroshock, some freezing. But the quick cement was where I drew the line. Especially after I discovered they were on the Lazarus Corporation's payroll. Even after spending all of my years there, it didn't hit me how alone you are on the Rim, a-at least at my level. You make quite a few enemies being a high class mercenary in the Rim. While Lazzy never had it out for me, thank the Hobomancer, it was obvious I was getting too big and rowdy for the lowkey alleys of the Rim. Heck I beat up two of his crazy scientists and he didn't bat an eye, even with a big guy backing you you aren't safe. you aren't safe unless you're nobody or leave a swath of bodies behind you to the point people give up. Guess I felt I could use better job security." Tatiana became a tad quiet for once, memories she hardly bothered to remember on a normal day swimming through her liquid mind like moray eels.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

>give me a minute or two to talk it over with my brother.

- - - - - -

"Thanks Jaken." June answers with a smile.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Seena grunted as Colorado shifted her into the chair and the Captain spoke. "Oh, come on, Captain," she said, trying not to gasp. "Turnabout is fair play. I HAVE to see that! Not {umf] right now, of course. I don't need to see the Chief naked..."
"I'll try not to be offended," Corp muttered, opening the door to let the newcomers in. "And yes, training is essential. We've a lot of people don't know how powerful they might be now. And a few who'll take stupid risks."
The EMTs walked in through the door and helped Colorado move Seena into the ambulance.
Legotron123 wrote:”I’ll show it to you eventually. I just need to get those shapeshifter clothes first.” Liz said, a vaguely amused smirk on her face. ”Anyways, back onto the subject of training. Let’s get the obvious question out of the way first. What sort of facilities and programs do you have to help people find out more about their powers?”
Hivemind nodded before listing off some of the better programs for empowered individuals. "There are a number of programs. Junior Champions is a good one for any younger newly-empowered individuals. Basically it's a program that teaches responsible use of powers. They go around the ship helping people with small tasks. A little like the boyscouts or girlscouts for super-powered children. For adults, it depends on what they want to do with the power. If they want to lead a civilian life, "Everyday Heroes" is a Champion-run program that teaches people about practical and safe use of powers in a civilian environment. Then there's the Champions themselves. Champions receive training sessions and open access to the Champion Training Center including a gym, an illusion arena, an armory, a repair forge, and an infirmary."

------------------------
Buster wrote:>give me a minute or two to talk it over with my brother.
>Take your time. This job doesn't have a strict time limit.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think the Milky Way heard about that," Hannabelle told Hivemind. "Did your toy sales no end of good." She sighed. "Despite it all, of course. You know they used to do action figures of me, you know? Decades back, of course. With real working jaws. Didn't look much like me, thankfully. They always want to commemorate the wrong reasons, don't they?"
"Indeed..." Hivemind said, not really wanting to discuss this further. "We need to get going. We are about to exit our FTL jump and we don't want to waste time. We need to get to the hanger."

------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana hummed her virtual voice box, "I don't pay em much mind but kinda yeah, have a few regulars. Let's see... Ah! There's this assassin dude I've crossed paths with a few. Stalked me for a week until I took care of the guy who employed him to come after me. Surprisingly handsome and bought me dinner after that, and he didn't even poison anything! Surprisingly cordial for a merc on the Rim. Then there's Suit. Don't know his deal. He's just a skeleton in a suit who's been a thorn in my side for years, and is strong as heck for a bag of bones. Even Lazzy can't catch him. ... Speaking of. The last two on my mind right now due to that line of thought were kinda the reason I decided to seek out the Champions."

She trailed off slightly, "Two sisters, Beckrill and Trisole, of the crazy scientist disposition, were obsessed with experimenting on me, caught me a few times too. Electroshock, some freezing. But the quick cement was where I drew the line. Especially after I discovered they were on the Lazarus Corporation's payroll. Even after spending all of my years there, it didn't hit me how alone you are on the Rim, a-at least at my level. You make quite a few enemies being a high class mercenary in the Rim. While Lazzy never had it out for me, thank the Hobomancer, it was obvious I was getting too big and rowdy for the lowkey alleys of the Rim. Heck I beat up two of his crazy scientists and he didn't bat an eye, even with a big guy backing you you aren't safe. you aren't safe unless you're nobody or leave a swath of bodies behind you to the point people give up. Guess I felt I could use better job security." Tatiana became a tad quiet for once, memories she hardly bothered to remember on a normal day swimming through her liquid mind like moray eels.
Eira shifted a little uneasily. "Well, Job security is definitely one of the perks of working in the Champions. Though I feel like I brought up some bad memories. Maybe we should talk about this later." She suggested. "Though I do have one question: Who's the "Hobomancer"?" Eira asked, genuinely confused.

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”Honestly, most of it was sheer luck that we beat them. We were lucky they underestimated the defenses Wyvern had around her central servers, we were lucky she managed to take some of them alive for study, we were lucky she was working on an anti-Master weapon that could be repurposed to force the Yah Rin out of their hosts, and we were lucky she had enough materials at the base we were hiding at to make a bunch of them.” Kolt said, not exactly pleased to be talking about the time his entire species was almost forced into slavery. ”Of course, my team couldn’t use those weapons at first, since if that Ko Sah guy knew about them he could render them useless. I had to trick him into leaving Elh to try to possess me before we could start using them. And before you ask, having Quint in my head made me immune to their possession, so he was just stuck without a body. Wyvern said it was something about the chemicals he pumps into my body, but I don’t know the specifics. As for their weaknesses....” He stroked the fur on his chin, trying to remember what trick they had figured out while fighting the possessed Melizée. ”I remember that intense pain can disrupt the connection they have with their hosts, because this one guy on my team just ran around breaking arms, and it was surprisingly effective. I’ve heard some of the civilians had some luck with loud noises, but I never tried that, so I can’t say for certain how well it works.”
(Will post Liz’ stuff tomorrow when it’s not so late.)
Hivemind thought for a moment. "So. Pain and sound. That doesn't sound too difficult to access. Jenny's power will come in handy should they invade, and a number of weapons in here are built to trigger disabling pain without causing physical harm. Others are even sonic based."

The ground started vibrating slightly as if the ship were experiencing a very small earthquake as the Beacon's FTL drive shut down. The Beacon exited it's jump and drifted into orbit around Cana. "We've exited our jump. We need to move fast. Everyone, follow me. We're taking an Ibis dropship this time. It's the fastest transport craft with enough space to hold all of us. MT, you can take that gun and load it with the three magazines in the box below it." With that, Hivemind gestured for the group to follow him.

MT opened up the top of his right arm and inserted the gun into the weapon slot with a click. He then opened up the bottom of his arm and attached the three magazines to the base of the gun before closing it up. He turned to Chris as he started walking out, following the hive droid. "I am excited for this. It is our first mission together. How are you feeling?"

------------------------

A second hive droid walked into the room. "Jaken, June, You two should come with me while they are working. I mentioned I would make it up to you for ruining the fun at the arcade. Well, now I plan on seeing through that promise."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana snapped out of her memory wallowing at Eira's question, "Oh, the Hobomancer! Don't know much about him but he's a funny old guy who works for one of those emotion entities. I think. He was there when my team and I fought that Odium mech!" She trailed off, a stray memory of that day slinking through her mind, "Oh yeah! And Hobo healed Kolt's tail while Hivemind's bro healed my Armored Shell! That was fun. "
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I assume Doris would sign her son up for that," Corp guessed. He nodded to Lewis. "Yous hould go in for it too, Sir. I know, strictly speaking, you're probably above normal age but it wouldn't hurt to have someone the kids know and respect - as much as they ever do - in with them. And you're close enough to their ages to understand them and not lose any face by being there in their class. Something that can't be said for myself or your mother."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfect," Hanna said, making sure the beds were made. "Then let's head down. Are you going to scan me for weapons now," she asked, mischief in her tone as she stood in a star shape for Hive; in case he wanted to scan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sounds OK, Mr. Hive," Jaken said, wondering where he was headed now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny made her apologies, hugged her brother tightly (and his mate less tightly) and headed out as her comm bleeped. She stated she'd see them again really soon but had to go.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt sighed.”I hope you’re right about that Sol. Judging by how long that portal lasted, we have about 6 months before the Beacon is subjected to a full scale invasion. And unless they’ve completely changed tactics since we repelled them, you WILL be the first one they possess.” He said, following the others to the dropship as he tried to stop thinking about all the people he lost in the attack.
-
”I don’t know about that. Sounds this “Junior Champions” group is for little kids. I’m only a couple months away from being a legal adult, so I’d be just as out of place as you two.” Lewis said, seeming rather displeased about the idea of hanging out with a bunch of snot-nosed abominations.
”I kinda feel the same way. Something about those “Everyday Heroes” doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t just want to get some desk job, I want to be useful. I want to use these powers for something that only they can do.” Liz said, briefly looking down at her gloved hands as she spoke. ”But at the same time, I don’t feel comfortable with the idea of fighting people being my day job. Is there some sort of in between option, where I can use my power for something unique, but still help out in dire situations?”