Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Jenny said, "stay awake, Kol, but let me take the strain." She looked to take some of the movement pressure off her friend to grab something to eat before using a flying power to follow the conflict.
------------------
"Lost the portal... obviosly," Jaken's voice said, sounding winded. "Sorry," he added.
------------------
An' yours, my Laird," Sarah signs and says before clinking mugs.

After breakfast (and cleaning up), Sarah and the boys headed down to the practice range where, after a Hivebot did some jiggery-pokery with their pistols to lock them into the stun mode, Sarah worked to train him in gun maintenance and shooting practice, broken only by the trip to the local shop to get lunch when Sarah realised it was going to be a long day... ((Cyber and Hlaroo consulted on the timeskip))

Sarah raised the safety goggles and looked at the target near the other end of the range. "Reck'n you've got the hang've it, hen" she queried.
------------------
Keeva chuckled. "I reckon Hive'd be better at answering those questions, love," she said, letting him lead as he'd obviously explored here earlier, "but I can tell you he's got loads of himself and there's enough similarities that I knew my way around their systems somewhat. And I think I made friends with a thirty foot tall war drone. THAT was quite something."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed lightly, almost in disappointment. "And here I was looking forward to being tested by an aspect of the darker persuasion. Eh, thanks for saving me the trouble Diligitis." Seeing through Predator's vision she saw the Warlord go flying. "What do we do at this point in regards to our dear Warlord? Doesn't appear most options are viable right now. Perhaps we can utilize the Chem grenades to buff Titan and give him more of an edge, mayhaps?" She mused, not wanting to mess around with the grenade composition herself when it came to teammates.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

At that moment, Rika spoke up. "Ask and you shall receive! Setting up the composition.. Done! It's the next shot in the left shoulder, anyone good at aiming should fire it. I don't particularly trust myself to hit a moving target.." She said simply.

-----
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva chuckled. "I reckon Hive'd be better at answering those questions, love," she said, letting him lead as he'd obviously explored here earlier, "but I can tell you he's got loads of himself and there's enough similarities that I knew my way around their systems somewhat. And I think I made friends with a thirty foot tall war drone. THAT was quite something."
Dan stopped suddenly just outside the cafe's door as he heard what Keeva said. He slowly turned around, revealing a very quizzical expression. "..'Thirty foot tall war drone'?" He asked flatly.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Oh hey Diligitus, nice to see you again.” Kolt said, sounding rather cheerful to be talking to the Aspect again. ”I don’t suppose you have any tips on how to beat this guy? Or could at the very least answer the question he refused to?”
-
”Well that sounds easy enough, but I don’t think we.... hmmm.” Liz trailed off, looking like she already found a solution for whatever problem she was about to bring up. ”You said we would get paid for the missions we went on, right? What did we get for that last mission?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"On it, Rika," Jenny said, taking control of the launcher, "and I DO trust myself to hit a moving target." So saying, she fired the grenade to Titan. "Oh, Hive," she added, "can you tell Jacob Baker ((our favourite ghost necromancer from mission #1)) that I'm going to be a bit late for the meeting with him? Give him the gist of what's going on here, yeah?"
--------------------------
"Yeah," Keeva said wistfully, "he was quite sweet. For a 30ft tall war drone. We going in?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”Well that sounds easy enough, but I don’t think we.... hmmm.” Liz trailed off, looking like she already found a solution for whatever problem she was about to bring up. ”You said we would get paid for the missions we went on, right? What did we get for that last mission?”
"Given the high priority of the assignment and how it was instrumental in the success of the other operations planet side, payment comes to around one million credits each." Hivemind said casually.

-----------------------
Buster wrote:Okay, one, you're either a terrible liar, or Talya's theories about your limits are right. Cause if your kind existed on the other side, Psychers would have been discovered WAY earlier than four decades ago. and two, "greed" is one of humanity's aft-backwards moral assertions, not a person. A less developed species' flawed attempt to demonize aberrations in the instinct to stockpile, nothing more.

I'm done chatting with an idiot.
"Heh... Heheh... Hehehehahaha! This... is why I like you... You do not see things in terms of morality... You see me for what I am... The desire to aid oneself... The drive to acquire what you want... What you need... And, as you said... the instinct to stockpile. I am that instinct... here... your universe... any universe... I am there... You are quite right about our limits... In your universe, I am constrained to the mind... and not allowed to exert... or express... my own... For that... I need a... tear... in the laws. They must... stop working... for the metaphysical to take form... There are many tears here..."

"Do one thing... Just one thing... I will return you home... I will not... Follow you... Heh... After all... I am already there..."

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote:”Oh hey Diligitus, nice to see you again.” Kolt said, sounding rather cheerful to be talking to the Aspect again. ”I don’t suppose you have any tips on how to beat this guy? Or could at the very least answer the question he refused to?”
"Hmm... Tips... Keep an eye on Kobor and Talya. Cupiditas is tempting them and I can't intervene because they don't have a link to me. As for my relationship with Odium and Cupiditas, it is complicated. A vastly simplified version is they are the shadows of my shadows. In a way, the dark result of what happens when the mind corrupts my message. But I am distracting you, so I will leave. Remember though, with your link to me you may call upon me for advice at any time. All you must do is ask."
"Oh, and before I go, tell the others that as long as they have something they care about, they can contact me simply by thinking of it."

With that, the voice of Diligitis went silent.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah," Jenny said, "stay awake, Kol, but let me take the strain." She looked to take some of the movement pressure off her friend to grab something to eat before using a flying power to follow the conflict.
------------------
"Lost the portal... obviosly," Jaken's voice said, sounding winded. "Sorry," he added.
The Predator happily absorbed the small wrecked automobile Jenny found as he replied to Jaken. "Don't worry about it, Jaken. If we had thrown a nuke through that portal I get the feeling all it'd do would be to give the monster a stomachache." the Predator said while they flew through the air, landing near the crater the Warlord left when he crashed down.

+18% power
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana hummed lightly, almost in disappointment. "And here I was looking forward to being tested by an aspect of the darker persuasion. Eh, thanks for saving me the trouble Diligitis." Seeing through Predator's vision she saw the Warlord go flying. "What do we do at this point in regards to our dear Warlord? Doesn't appear most options are viable right now. Perhaps we can utilize the Chem grenades to buff Titan and give him more of an edge, mayhaps?" She mused, not wanting to mess around with the grenade composition herself when it came to teammates.
~\Rook/~ wrote:At that moment, Rika spoke up. "Ask and you shall receive! Setting up the composition.. Done! It's the next shot in the left shoulder, anyone good at aiming should fire it. I don't particularly trust myself to hit a moving target.." She said simply.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"On it, Rika," Jenny said, taking control of the launcher, "and I DO trust myself to hit a moving target." So saying, she fired the grenade to Titan. "Oh, Hive," she added, "can you tell Jacob Baker ((our favourite ghost necromancer from mission #1)) that I'm going to be a bit late for the meeting with him? Give him the gist of what's going on here, yeah?"
"Will do, Jenny. That's good of you to think of him, even now."

The grenade struck next to Titan and released a cloud of strength enhancing gas. Unfortunately, Titan's armor kept it from entering their system. Titan lunged at the Warlord, but the increasingly powerful Proto-Avatar caught the champion and started violently thrashing them about. The Warlord slammed Titan into trees, rocks, houses, before throwing the Champion to the ground before using all of his considerable weight to repeatedly stomp them into the ground until Titan was thoroughly embedded in the pavement.

The Warlord reached down and lifted Titan up to get a better look at his opponent. The abomination salivated. He had never seen such a powerful foe. Had he not been enhanced by Cupiditas and the the gift of the orb, this Champion would have slaughtered him in a single hit. He wanted that power greatly. The armor would present a problem, however...
The Warlord reached forward and tore the armored plating off of the nanosuit under it, starting with the arms. Then, he reached for the helmet...

Summary:

Shields: 108%
Power: 77%

Warlord Status: Recovered, ticked off, and has Titan pinned for now.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Heh... Heheh... Hehehehahaha! This... is why I-..."
//[MUTE]
apparently he was serious about the 'done chatting' bit.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'Scuse me a moment," Jenny said, borrowing Jaken's power to open a portal just in front of them that exited to the left of the Warlord's head. Then she borrowed Traci's speed, along with a shade of Kol's physicality, and sent a short flurry of hard punches through before disengaging the portal and opening another to the other side and repeating the process.
----------------------------------
Hannabelle paced the length of the room sharply, saying nothing and looking totally annoyed at the situation.
---------------------------------
"I take it that's a fair amount," Corp said, trying to resist the urge Snowball had to be picked up.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:An' yours, my Laird," Sarah signs and says before clinking mugs.

After breakfast (and cleaning up), Sarah and the boys headed down to the practice range where, after a Hivebot did some jiggery-pokery with their pistols to lock them into the stun mode, Sarah worked to train him in gun maintenance and shooting practice, broken only by the trip to the local shop to get lunch when Sarah realised it was going to be a long day... ((Cyber and Hlaroo consulted on the timeskip))

Sarah raised the safety goggles and looked at the target near the other end of the range. "Reck'n you've got the hang've it, hen" she queried.
Cailean presses the button to bring the target up close for inspection.
Conall butts in before his brother can answer Sarah though.
"Ah think he can hit th' side o' a barn naow." he jokes. "We can start wi' hittin' people taemorrow."
Cailean examines the target. The bulk of his shots have hit the silhouette printed on the paper although it would be unfair to say that the white around it wasn't rather charred too.
"Well Ah'm nae a danger tae mahsel' any more." he quips. "Ah think Ah need some time tae process everythin' though. Ah learned a lot taeday. Thanks fer yer help, Sarah!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Okay, I’ll let them know.” Kolt said, before his focus returned to the fight at hand. Once Jenny finished her attack, he took over, blurring away with Traci’s super speed, but not attacking. The beast had learned that when it saw the Predator disappeared, it had to dodge, and while it was distracted before, Jenny’s attack would’ve put it’s attention back on them. That was why he waited until it was already moving to dodge before attacking, slamming the chain axes into the back of it’s neck and hoping it’s spinal cord could still be severed when it was like this. ”Oh by the way guys, Diligitus says that you can contact him by thinking of whatever you care about. Just an FYI.”
-
”And you said that a credit was worth ten dollars, so that means each of us earned in a day ten times what I earned last year captaining the Steelhaven.” Liz said, as Lewis quietly pulled out his tablet and looked something up online. ”I don’t think we’re going to have any problems adopting Snowball.”
”Thank Primus Big Bad Toy Store exists in this universe.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"You wouldn't happen to have a way to quickly cut through things? Figure we could make getting power for them easier," Chris said, throwing out an idea he had since there didn't really seem to be much they could do at the moment.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:"You wouldn't happen to have a way to quickly cut through things? Figure we could make getting power for them easier," Chris said, throwing out an idea he had since there didn't really seem to be much they could do at the moment.
>I don't even have armor plating installed right now. forget infantry weapons.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I take it that's a fair amount," Corp said, trying to resist the urge Snowball had to be picked up.
This urge might be difficult to resist, as Snowball was projecting pretty strongly that she wanted to be picked up and cuddled.
Legotron123 wrote:”And you said that a credit was worth ten dollars, so that means each of us earned in a day ten times what I earned last year captaining the Steelhaven.” Liz said, as Lewis quietly pulled out his tablet and looked something up online. ”I don’t think we’re going to have any problems adopting Snowball.”
”Thank Primus Big Bad Toy Store exists in this universe.”
"There should not be any problem with adopting Snowball, at least not financially. I encourage you to spend your money at local businesses. Granted, there aren't really many non-local businesses because they don't like how I run the Beacon, but I don't consider that much of a loss."

-------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle paced the length of the room sharply, saying nothing and looking totally annoyed at the situation.
"Hannabelle, settle down. It's almost over. Save your strength for the reconstruction."

-------------------
Deske wrote:"You wouldn't happen to have a way to quickly cut through things? Figure we could make getting power for them easier," Chris said, throwing out an idea he had since there didn't really seem to be much they could do at the moment.
Buster wrote:>I don't even have armor plating installed right now. forget infantry weapons.
"I have this..." MT pitched in, activating his sword module. Two blades of plasma shot out of the end of his arm. They weren't particularly long, but they could cut out small chunks of buildings, vehicles, and walls fairly easily.

-------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"'Scuse me a moment," Jenny said, borrowing Jaken's power to open a portal just in front of them that exited to the left of the Warlord's head. Then she borrowed Traci's speed, along with a shade of Kol's physicality, and sent a short flurry of hard punches through before disengaging the portal and opening another to the other side and repeating the process.
The Warlord barely flinched, but as he was distracted Titan grabbed hold of the hand reaching for their helmet and, with a ridiculously sturdy yank, pulled it straight off.

That got a reaction from the Warlord. The mutant Varanian howled in pain, dropping Titan and gripping the stump where his hand used to be.

-16% Power
Legotron123 wrote:”Okay, I’ll let them know.” Kolt said, before his focus returned to the fight at hand. Once Jenny finished her attack, he took over, blurring away with Traci’s super speed, but not attacking. The beast had learned that when it saw the Predator disappeared, it had to dodge, and while it was distracted before, Jenny’s attack would’ve put it’s attention back on them. That was why he waited until it was already moving to dodge before attacking, slamming the chain axes into the back of it’s neck and hoping it’s spinal cord could still be severed when it was like this. ”Oh by the way guys, Diligitus says that you can contact him by thinking of whatever you care about. Just an FYI.”
The chain axes did very little to the Proto-Avatar's neck, and the Warlord quickly retaliated once his focus was back on the Predator drone. The Warlord spun around, caught the Predator in it's grip, opened it's jaws, and started to inhale.

"Warning! Power depleting! Now running on emergency backup power!" The Predator alerted the team as the Warlord siphoned off all of the drone's remaining power. In the meantime, the Warlord's arm regenerated.

The Abomination of a Varanian staggered backwards, snapping it's jaws shut. It's skin and scales started to bubble and shift around. Even more of the rough, wiry fur started growing as the reptilian became more and more like some kind of starved, monstrous wolf. The creature threw it's head up, opened it's jaws once more, and took a deep, chilling breath that literally sucked the life straight from the area.

"Warning! Shield draining. Overshield depleted."

"Chris... I am loosing energy... We need to land... before we fall from the sky..."

Chris, Kobor, and Talya would feel the effects of this as well. Anyone who isn't inside of the Predator Drone would feel suddenly very tired, probably a bit dizzy, and like the lights are going out.

Even Titan dropped to their hands and knees. The Champion started clawing at their own breastplate and helmet. Watching the whole event occur, Hivemind realized what Titan was trying to do. "People, the Warlord is trying to gather power for the transition into becoming a full avatar. Titan can stop it, but not with their limiting armor on. Titan can't remove the armor themselves. That would defeat the point of the limiter. However, enough force from an outside source can remove the armor. Get yourself some charge, get that armor off, and give Titan one more opening."

Summary:

Shields: 83%
Power: 0%

Warlord Status: Transitioning.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"... ..." Chris remained relatively quiet as the Warlord began drawing energy away from him, mumbling something in his head about being very tired. Nevertheless he helped plant MT on the ground and began cutting whatever he could find up into manageable chunks, alerting the crew of Predator with a mental text message.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hobbling over to the turret on the same rooftop as her, talya uses whats left of her power reserves to wrench it out of position, forcibly changing the target and locking it in place before slumping against the side of the mechanism.

>I need you to fire it.
>It's designed to be fired by computer.
{Signal failure, transmitter in low power mode}

*static* ...doesn't have... *Static* ...manual Trigger. I... *Static* ...power left... *static*...it again.

{Power critical, Failure of life support system for biological components imminent.}

Shouldn't have built hivemind's doohicky into the EVA kit... Looks like you won't be the one needing a new body first after all, not that you can understand me right now, trying to keep him out...

I wonder what the local fauna are like...

Before loosing consciousness Talya popped the hatch open so at lest she wouldn't suffocate her brother.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”So what you’re saying is, we only need enough energy to tear off his armor.” Kolt said, taking control of one set of the drones arms and shoveling nearby gravel and pavement that Chris had torn up towards the drones mouth. ”I’m pretty sure we can accomplish that. And if not, the Predator can just convert my body into the energy he needs.”
”KOLT, COULD YOU NOT?!?”
”OH I’M SORRY I THINK A SENSE OF SELF-SACRIFICE IS ESSENTIAL TO BEING A HERO!” Oh Aspects, they were doing this again.
-
”Well then, let’s get some paperwork filled out so we can take her home.” Liz said, ready to get a move on. ”We’ll pick up some stuff at a pet store, then Corp and Lewis can take it home while I talk to the grunt.”
”I don’t know why they turned the Big Powered trio into Headmasters, but I am all over that.”

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana found Kolt and Quint's little spat quite amusing at the eleventh hour they've found themselves in. "Yes Kolt. You must think a bit more logically. Like instead of all of you, you only sacrifice a leg or two. Besides, on the scale of sacrifices great heroes, with things to lose, only go after back water drifting mercenaries, with relatively nothing to lose. Though I have no idea where we'd get one of those on such short notice. ... Couldn't Predator just eat the ripped off Warlord hand?" As she thought on the topic of absorbing things for energy an idea struck here. "... Couldn't Predator absorb Titan's armor? Or at least enough to let Titan get a bit of leverage to rip and tear on through? Is time for thinking outside the box, no matter how comfy it may be." As she spoke, she idly noticed her 'voice' was less robotic than she remembered, though she shrugged that off instead to begin brainstorming once more, preferring to think than make a dire mistake. No need for second guessers in the realm of Aspect Avatar emergence prevention.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Problem with self sacrifice in a team, Kolt," Jenny advised, "is who'd go first? You to save the team or me to save you?"
"Or, um, me as I'm just a tele-presence droid Mr. Predator," Jaken butted in. "If I log out, you could absorb, um, me?"
-------------------------
"I don't believe I'm doing this," Corp grumbled, picking up the Feline.
"They don't need a killer for that, Hive," Hannabelle admitted, finally taking a seat. "We're for the dirty job that usually goes before the rebuilding. The removal of the obstacle TO the rebuilding. When that's done we hand over to the politicians and the construction workers and move on to the next threat. Where a killer - or a hero - is most useful." She snorted a short laugh. "Threat removal. Because, at that stage, we're not helpless." Her lower muzzle quivered, ever so slightly, before regaining its rigidity. "And now I am," she finished.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Keeva said wistfully, "he was quite sweet. For a 30ft tall war drone. We going in?"
Dan just blinked at her for a moment before simply nodding and opening the door."Right.. After you." He added, gesturing to the now open door.

-----

Rika tried to fight off a yawn as she made up another buff grenade before speaking. "Once you've got power and that armor off, I made up another grenade to help with Titan's next strike. He should be able to absorb the gasses this time. It's in the right-side shoulder-launcher, by the way.."
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"How about all of you cause-less martyrs shut up about sacrificing yourselves and quit wasting time?!" The Predator spoke to all of them, clearly getting irritated. "First off, even if it weren't the most repulsive and insulting thing you could have asked me to do, I CAN'T absorb living matter no matter how much you want me to. Second, AT THE MOST absorbing something with your mass would give me perhaps 5% power. That will just get siphoned right out in an instant and be a huge waste of a great hero. Third, even if I could, I wouldn't do that because it's revolting to even think about, so SHUT UP ABOUT IT! Now someone grab me an abandoned car or something, get that armor off the titan, and take that Warlord down before he sucks the rest of the life out of our teammates!!!"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ev'n wi' me ddistractin' you," Sarah told Cailean, putting her arms around him and simulating helping him aim with the pistol whilst her head rested on his shoulder. "Firin' unde' stress is a good thing ta learn."
--------------------------------------
"Here," Jenny said, directing them backwards for a number of steps, "have a bus." So saying she put her all into lifting the vehicle.
-------------------------------------
"Thank you," Keeva said, bowing slightly as Dan played the gentledog. She found a table andchose to look at a menu, choosing a Tuna supreme burger and Lemonade before wondering aloud how they were to pay.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Sorry.” Kolt said, as he chopped the bus up with the chain axes and pushed the pieces towards the drones mouth. Though I have to agree with Tat, why don’t we just absorb his armor? Feels like that would be much more efficient.”
-
”I can.” Liz said, a friendly smirk decorating her face. ”You’ve always had a soft side, these powers just give you less of a chance to ignore it.”
”I don’t know what this Kishiryu Sentai Ryuusouger is, but it looks awesome. Bought.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp looked over to the shop. "We're never going to get him out of there, you know?"
-----------------------------
"\i don't think Pred wants to absorb his team-mate, Kolt. Even just the armour." With a free hand, she began to pull at some of the other Mechs' armour.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”Well then, let’s get some paperwork filled out so we can take her home.” Liz said, ready to get a move on. ”We’ll pick up some stuff at a pet store, then Corp and Lewis can take it home while I talk to the grunt.”
”I don’t know why they turned the Big Powered trio into Headmasters, but I am all over that.”
Hivemind waved a hand somewhat dismissively. "I'll have to get the paperwork from the adoption shelter, so you can fill that out later. In the meantime, I agree we should get you some supplies. I'll help you pick out things you need." He said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I don't believe I'm doing this," Corp grumbled, picking up the Feline.
Snowball continued purring in Corp's arms. The fluffy cat then reached up and tapped him on the snout a little bit before affectionately bumping her head against his face.

"I think you have a new best friend, Corp." Hivemind joked.
Legotron123 wrote:”I can.” Liz said, a friendly smirk decorating her face. ”You’ve always had a soft side, these powers just give you less of a chance to ignore it.”
”I don’t know what this Kishiryu Sentai Ryuusouger is, but it looks awesome. Bought.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp looked over to the shop. "We're never going to get him out of there, you know?"
Hivemind poked his head into the store. "Lewis, we're going to be heading out now. Pay for the stuff you've got and let's head out. You can come back here later."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"They don't need a killer for that, Hive," Hannabelle admitted, finally taking a seat. "We're for the dirty job that usually goes before the rebuilding. The removal of the obstacle TO the rebuilding. When that's done we hand over to the politicians and the construction workers and move on to the next threat. Where a killer - or a hero - is most useful." She snorted a short laugh. "Threat removal. Because, at that stage, we're not helpless." Her lower muzzle quivered, ever so slightly, before regaining its rigidity. "And now I am," she finished.
"Knock it off, now! That's an order." Hivemind said sternly. "You are not a killer anymore. You aren't a hired gun anymore. You are a Champion, which is a heck of a lot more than a deadly brute with a gun. Champions are heroes. Our job is to help people with whatever they need help with and fix the problems they can't, NOT just beat up the guy causing the problem. We don't leave the people to clean up the fallout and put out the fires themselves. We don't make the civilian forces fix the cities flattened by our fights. Our job isn't to stop things from getting worse, or put a bandaid on the issue at hand. Our job is to fix things, and that is exactly what we are going to do, and what you are going to help us do. Understood?"

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Here," Jenny said, directing them backwards for a number of steps, "have a bus." So saying she put her all into lifting the vehicle.
"THANK YOU. This will do nicely."
Legotron123 wrote:”Sorry.” Kolt said, as he chopped the bus up with the chain axes and pushed the pieces towards the drones mouth. Though I have to agree with Tat, why don’t we just absorb his armor? Feels like that would be much more efficient.”
The Predator drone started absorbing the energy from the bus immediately. "Because the download beam isn't that precise. It can't separate Titan from the armor. To that device, they are a single object."

+30% Power

- - - - -
Deske wrote:"... ..." Chris remained relatively quiet as the Warlord began drawing energy away from him, mumbling something in his head about being very tired. Nevertheless he helped plant MT on the ground and began cutting whatever he could find up into manageable chunks, alerting the crew of Predator with a mental text message.
Stay with me, Chris... MT said to his pilot as the mech staggered and stumbled. Low power warnings were flashing in his glitching and static-filled vision. He finally got into a position where he could see the horror that was the transforming Warlord. He locked on as best as he could, and fired the volley from Talya's weapons straight at the proto-avatar. He couldn't see if he hit or not. His power was too low.

Diverting... remaining power... to life support... Chris... stay... awake...
MT's eyes went dark, and the mech collapsed on the ground.

- - - - -

Darkness swirled around the Warlord. The change was almost complete as darkness engulfed the planet. The Warlord did not even flinch when the missiles struck him square in the head. He simply inhaled the fire as the smoke filled his vision.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"\i don't think Pred wants to absorb his team-mate, Kolt. Even just the armour." With a free hand, she began to pull at some of the other Mechs' armour.
Predator desperately pulled at Titan's breastplate, with the champion attempting to help the process by pulling in the other direction. Slowly, the armor started to give. Predator reached for the helmet, tugging as hard as he could. His strength was depleting fast, but he kept going. The drone kept pulling as if the world was at stake, because that was exactly the case. The helmet started to slide and the torso armor split at the seams. Sparks flew between the pieces. Then, the armor gave way, flying off of the nanosuit beneath it.

The sudden lack of resistance sent the Predator drone reeling backwards to the ground. The drone struggled to push itself up and looked up to see a tall, beautiful woman staring back at him. Her dark brown skin was devoid of scars or marks of any kind. Her elegant face remained calm and stoic, standing amidst the chaos as if it were no worse than a light breeze. She bent forward, bowing in thanks to Predator and the team before turning to her foe.

Predator took full control. He didn't know what would happen next, but if that armor was a limiter like Hivemind said, he didn't want to be around when Titan unleashed that strength. He quickly absorbed a nearby car before using Traci and Recon's speed to book it out of there. Predator ran as fast as he could, passing by MT and Chris first. He grabbed them both under one arm and moved at almost supersonic speeds to where Kobor and Talya were.

- - - - -

Titan walked toward the devil himself as casually as she confronted any other enemy. The ground quaked with each step she took, shattering and cracking with every footfall. She stood in front of the Warlord, and could feel the proto-avatar siphoning energy from her. She braced against the ground, focusing her strength and her aim. When she kicked off the ground to launch herself, the resulting blast flattened the abandoned town they were in. Blood-red sparks flew from her and she threw her fist forward. From the moment her fist connected with his chest, one might be forgiven for thinking someone had nuked the area from orbit, as the resulting shockwave expanded for miles and left a crater behind easily visible from space.

- - - - -

Predator's fears were concerned when he saw the blast wave from Titan's punch approaching fast. He picked up speed until he broke the sound barrier. He only stopped by the Kaal twins for long enough to download them and wake them both up before moving once more, trying to outrun the wave of certain death that followed them.

- - - - -

The impact launched the Warlord into an orbital path so low he never stopped burning, and so fast that periodically Hivemind had to blast him with one of the Varanian ships just so he wouldn't break out of the gravity well. Anyone who looked up across the world would see the streak of light like a shooting star fly across the sky, accompanied by bursts of light as Hivemind took potshots at him to keep him in orbit.

Titan, meanwhile, waited in the midst of the ruined suburban crater for signs of where the Warlord would show up once he had circled the planet. Then, she saw him streaking across the sky in the distance, far above the ground over empty plains. Titan ran for it, generating further earthquakes as she moved before once again launching off of the ground. This time much harder and aiming much higher. The champion flew up, reeled back her fist, and as the Warlord rocketed toward her like a flaming bullet, she once again hurled her fist forward with all of her strength, connecting with his head.

- - - - -

Predator looked up to see the mid-air impact right over their heads. "OH ****!" He picked up speed, running as fast as he could with his current power. The shockwave struck the ground behind him, sending boulders ranging from bus-sized to building-sized flying at them from behind. Predator lifted off the ground slightly and started flying, combining his wings with the super speed. He dodged left and right to keep from being crushed by the falling hunks of rock and dirt while absorbing any that looked a manageable size. "Just a little... farther..."

The shockwave caught up with him. The Predator's wings shook violently and the droid started to tumble in midair, before falling and being swept away in the blast.

The droid quickly attempted to shield MT, but then, everything went dark.

- - - - -

[Warning: Power at 0%]
[Warning: Shields at 0%]
[Warning: Drill arms offline]
[Warning: Wings offline]
[Warning: Hull Integrity Compromised]
[Warning: Weapons Systems offline]
[Passenger Storage Online]

Predator couldn't see anything. He couldn't feel anything. He had no idea what was happening out in the world. He had no idea where he was.

Then he felt something. A gentle hand lay upon his metallic "nose". Then, something appeared in his vision. It was hard to make out, as it's golden light against the darkness made it difficult to see anything.

"Hmm. Well done. Well done indeed. Perhaps all of this will work after all." The voice was new to Predator, but might be familiar to the others.

Predator felt a sort of warmth where the hand was pressed, then felt some of his energy return to him.

[Power recharging: 25%]
[Shields recharging: 5%]

Things came into focus, and Predator found he was lying on his back and the brilliant golden light was the sun shining through the cloudless sky. "Did... we do it?" He tilted his head to the side to see a hooded and cloaked figure place their hand upon MT's shattered form before vanishing.

The only thing that wasn't broken on MT's body was the cockpit, which was made out of much sturdier materials. The cockpit doors hissed and opened, flooding the inside with light.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris' eyes opened slowly to the darkness of the helmet covering him. His initial reaction was panic as he realized there was nothing to see on the helmet. He quickly slid it off his head and unceremoniously tossed it aside, quickly raising a paw in front of his face to stop the torrent of light that was flooding the now open cockpit. He pulled himself up and out, surveying the landscape in front of him, for a moment not daring to look behind for fear of what he might see. He took a breath that filled his lungs to the brim and slowly exhaled, steadying himself from the slight wave of nausea that happened whenever he came back from unconsciousness. With slow movements he turned around and stepped back to take in the damage that had happened to his friend. Biting his lip to keep from saying anything and to keep his breathing steady he got to work, dragging what he could over to the cockpit and laying them out in roughly the position that they would go in. After a few minutes of silent work, he placed his hands on the cockpit and closed his eyes. The same electrical bonds that had appeared earlier reappeared and reached out, searching for all the pieces the could find and covering the holes and breaks to replace the ones they could not. Slowly but surely the larger objects dragged themselves back together, assembling around the cockpit, fusing back together, the myriad smaller pieces floating over to fill in gaps and seamlessly meld into their parent parts. When it was done and only when it was done, Chris released his grip on the mech, climbed up into the cockpit and situated the helmet back on his head to see if he could get systems running again.

-------

Romeo answered the nurse with general description of one of the Celican's Norwood had helped stop the bleeding of and was off to the room pointed out when he noticed a flash of light out the window. He stepped over to it, watching a burning object shoot through the lower atmosphere, being peppered by orbital strikes as it went. He watched it for a short while since, as quick as it had arrived, it was gone. He stared out the window a little longer before turning back down the hall and heading towards the room the Celican was in.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Now that," Sana admitted as Titan whomped the Warlord, "was quite some punch."
".I feel the need to say 'Girl power" Seena responded, wondering if there was popcorn.
"Please don't."
"Girl POWER" Seena replied, raising her arms in triumph.
Sana slapped Seena on the arm. "I SAID don't," she said, chuckling. "Oh, look, the IOC cavalry has arrived."
---------------------
"I'll never live it down if any of our Felines spot us," Corp muttered, stroking the Cat as one of the scientists intimated.
---------------------
"If you're trying to make an old Woman cry, Hive," Hannabelle said, putting a hand on the Hivebot's shoulder, "keep trying. You might break through in the end." The room shook around them. "I take it that was them... I mean us?"
--------------------
Dragere started moving rescue and relocation teams around, seeking to co-opt local government sites as local command centres under temporary military control. "Better than having a hundred different commands doing bargains for resources. One command structure..." He held the table as the room shook. "Was that the beginning or the end," he asked worriedly.
-------------------
From the darkness, silence.

From the silence, a hum.

From the hum, a voice.

"Does anyone else really need the toilet," Jaken asked.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ev'n wi' me ddistractin' you," Sarah told Cailean, putting her arms around him and simulating helping him aim with the pistol whilst her head rested on his shoulder. "Firin' unde' stress is a good thing ta learn."
"Are ye sure tha's safe, hen?" Cailean asks, looking back at Sarah.
Conall, not having heard Sarah's comment, busies himself cleaning his own gun, feeling awkward.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i thought his systems were supposed to have a virtual environment. i feel more like i'm looking at a giant computer screen filled with the insides of a compiler.

"what are you talking about? Were in what looks vaguely like a cocpit with the team."

what? i don't see anything like that. where are you?

"Like... three feet from you? you seem to be flickering though, like you're not really there."

But that doesn't make any... wait... hang on...

Oh, okay, apparently my hardware is thoroughly bricked and it's taking the system a while to actually incorporate me into the simulation.

"Well if it can't fix it, Don't worry, i'm sure this planet has bugs on it. Your core can compact down to, what, the size of a tennis ball?"

...More like a small grapefruit.
Last edited by Buster on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Uuuuuuhhg. Kolt? Kolt are you there?”
”Hot dog, French Fries, come on baby, tell me your lies.”
”Kolt?”
Up down, side to side, these skeletons are now alive.”
”Kolt.”
”Huh? Uuuuhhgg, what hit us?”
”Titan. Or more specifically, the shockwave from one of her punches.”
”Oh ye-wait. Why did no one correct me when I referred to Titan as a him? In fact, why did Hivemind refer to her as him? He made her suit, wouldn’t he know what gender she is? Or is there some kind of species whose males look identical to human females, and she’s a member of it?”
-
”Okay then. Lead the way. Liz said, taking a brief moment to pet Snowball.
Meanwhile, Lewis poked his head out of one of the aisles. ”Okay, just give me a minute.” He said, before pulling out a cart containing with enough stuff to fill two carts. Even accounting for all the empty space that had to be in those boxes, there was still more mass in that pile than was in Lewis himself. How he managed to accumulate that much stuff in less than two minutes was a complete mystery. ”I have no idea what I’m going to do with this much money, but assuming nothing goes wrong, I think I’m going to spend the next couple days just absorbing this dimensions culture. Maybe find out if country music is awful here too.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Now that," Sana admitted as Titan whomped the Warlord, "was quite some punch."
".I feel the need to say 'Girl power" Seena responded, wondering if there was popcorn.
"Please don't."
"Girl POWER" Seena replied, raising her arms in triumph.
Sana slapped Seena on the arm. "I SAID don't," she said, chuckling. "Oh, look, the IOC cavalry has arrived."
"Could you get me in contact with them? As well as all of our other allies. I need to tell them what has happened." Hivemind requested, chuckling a bit at the pair's antics.

------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll never live it down if any of our Felines spot us," Corp muttered, stroking the Cat as one of the scientists intimated.
Legotron123 wrote:”Okay then. Lead the way. Liz said, taking a brief moment to pet Snowball.
Meanwhile, Lewis poked his head out of one of the aisles. ”Okay, just give me a minute.” He said, before pulling out a cart containing with enough stuff to fill two carts. Even accounting for all the empty space that had to be in those boxes, there was still more mass in that pile than was in Lewis himself. How he managed to accumulate that much stuff in less than two minutes was a complete mystery. ”I have no idea what I’m going to do with this much money, but assuming nothing goes wrong, I think I’m going to spend the next couple days just absorbing this dimensions culture. Maybe find out if country music is awful here too.”
Snowball looked at Liz warily, but then allowed herself to be petted.

"Heck, I can answer that. The answer is yes." Hivemind only half joked to Lewis.

The group first stopped by a pet store. Hivemind started listing the things they would need to take care of snowball. "The first few things you'll need are food and a self-cleaning litter box. For food, Snowball is a fan of chicken and shrimp, like I said. Then you'll want toys of two kinds. You'll want toys that will let you interact with her when you're home, and you'll want toys that she can play with on her own to keep from getting bored."

------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"If you're trying to make an old Woman cry, Hive," Hannabelle said, putting a hand on the Hivebot's shoulder, "keep trying. You might break through in the end." The room shook around them. "I take it that was them... I mean us?"
"Specifically, that was Titan punching the Warlord into next year." Hivemind said, sounding relieved. "And I wasn't trying to upset you, I was trying to get it through to you that you aren't a hired gun anymore, you are a Champion. Champions do a lot more than take down villains. Our job, and that means your job, is to help people. And now that the threat is gone, I have a job for you already if you'd like to hear it."

------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Dragere started moving rescue and relocation teams around, seeking to co-opt local government sites as local command centres under temporary military control. "Better than having a hundred different commands doing bargains for resources. One command structure..." He held the table as the room shook. "Was that the beginning or the end," he asked worriedly.
"It was the end of the threat, and an end of the war. Evacuations are no longer needed. Now comes the reparations and cleaning up the aftermath." Hivemind replied.

------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:From the darkness, silence.

From the silence, a hum.

From the hum, a voice.

"Does anyone else really need the toilet," Jaken asked.
"Jaken," Hivemind said to the real Jaken. "Take the helmet off. Take a break and use the restroom. For goodness sake you've been in that helmet for hours!"

------------------
Deske wrote:Chris' eyes opened slowly to the darkness of the helmet covering him. His initial reaction was panic as he realized there was nothing to see on the helmet. He quickly slid it off his head and unceremoniously tossed it aside, quickly raising a paw in front of his face to stop the torrent of light that was flooding the now open cockpit. He pulled himself up and out, surveying the landscape in front of him, for a moment not daring to look behind for fear of what he might see. He took a breath that filled his lungs to the brim and slowly exhaled, steadying himself from the slight wave of nausea that happened whenever he came back from unconsciousness. With slow movements he turned around and stepped back to take in the damage that had happened to his friend. Biting his lip to keep from saying anything and to keep his breathing steady he got to work, dragging what he could over to the cockpit and laying them out in roughly the position that they would go in. After a few minutes of silent work, he placed his hands on the cockpit and closed his eyes. The same electrical bonds that had appeared earlier reappeared and reached out, searching for all the pieces the could find and covering the holes and breaks to replace the ones they could not. Slowly but surely the larger objects dragged themselves back together, assembling around the cockpit, fusing back together, the myriad smaller pieces floating over to fill in gaps and seamlessly meld into their parent parts. When it was done and only when it was done, Chris released his grip on the mech, climbed up into the cockpit and situated the helmet back on his head to see if he could get systems running again.
MT was silent for a while, though his systems seemed active again. Then, finally, he spoke up.

"Chris... I think I died..."

- - - - -
Buster wrote:i thought his systems were supposed to have a virtual environment. i feel more like i'm looking at a giant computer screen filled with the insides of a compiler.

"what are you talking about? Were in what looks vaguely like a cocpit with the team."

what? i don't see anything like that. where are you?

"Like... three feet from you? you seem to be flickering though, like you're not really there."

But that doesn't make any... wait... hang on...

Oh, okay, apparently my hardware is thoroughly bricked and it's taking the system a while to actually incorporate me into the simulation.

"Well if it can't fix it, Don't worry, i'm sure this planet has bugs on it. Your core can compact down to, what, the size of a tennis ball?"

...More like a small grapefruit.
"Sorry..." The Predator struggled to his feet, staggering a bit before stabilizing himself. "You have an unusual biology. Much of the biological material needed to stabilize your simulation was dead, and because it wasn't technically you it and so I can't use your living tissue to assist the process, it's proving difficult to produce a stable simulation."
Legotron123 wrote:”Uuuuuuhhg. Kolt? Kolt are you there?”
”Hot dog, French Fries, come on baby, tell me your lies.”
”Kolt?”
Up down, side to side, these skeletons are now alive.”
”Kolt.”
”Huh? Uuuuhhgg, what hit us?”
”Titan. Or more specifically, the shockwave from one of her punches.”
”Oh ye-wait. Why did no one correct me when I referred to Titan as a him? In fact, why did Hivemind refer to her as him? He made her suit, wouldn’t he know what gender she is? Or is there some kind of species whose males look identical to human females, and she’s a member of it?”
"I didn't know." Gadgeteer answered simply.
"Neither did I, but I had a feeling."
"Titan prefers to keep much about her identity secret. The less people know, the more privacy she enjoys in more ways than simply anonymity." Archangel spoke up for the first time since he was crushed.
"Welcome back to the land of the living."
"Predator had to keep me in stasis until he had the chance to safely stabilize my simulation."
"I honestly have no idea what any of that means... But I'm glad you're back!"

Then, Hivemind pitched in. "I did not reveal Titan was female because she requested I respect her privacy. And I never referred to her as a he either. I used singular "They" and very occasionally generic "he"."

As they spoke, Predator noticed something moving in their direction. Or rather, falling in their direction. He turned and looked to see the Warlord's smoking orb fall and hit the ground in front of them. Apparently that was the only part of the Warlord that wasn't atomized by that punch.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Sorry..." The Predator struggled to his feet, staggering a bit before stabilizing himself. "You have an unusual biology. Much of the biological material needed to stabilize your simulation was dead, and because it wasn't technically you it and so I can't use your living tissue to assist the process, it's proving difficult to produce a stable simulation."
You mean the bio-gel. thats... probably going to be hard to replace. I usually just grow more from the existing supply as needed, I've never been out before.

Its basically marrowless synthetic blood, meant to compensate for machines lacking a digestive or respiratory system to leech from. making it coolant friendly though meant stripping away the cells ability to store energy internally, so it needs a constant charge to keep them alive.

Gulet-face made that difficult.

"the original supply was a paid 'deluxe extra' for the shell... we didn't make the stuff."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Just when you think it's all over," Jenny sighed, looking at the gem, "Agent avarice shows up again. Anyone know how to contain that thing? And get going, kid. Good job."
"Uh, thanks," Jaken said, before simulating pulling his nose off until he figured how to release the helmet and...

...blinked several times and fell over in the real world as his senses returned to the ship. "Shoulda sat down," he said before wondering if he always sounded like his voice was a chainsaw. "Be right... back," he said, focussing enough to make a portal to the nearest washroom and hopping into it. He kept it open so the room could hear the ablutions behind the intervening door before the flush and return.
-----------------
Corp, rather unfortunately for his reputation, found himself buying cat toys that Snowball preferred, being directed by empathy to catnip toys that he was kinda surprised to see were legal here. "Oh, we're going to have trouble with these," he muttered loudly as he refused to pick up the Catnip Mice. "You can have a catnip Fish," he told the furry lump. "How's the training for the others..." he started toask Hive, lapsing into silence as Andy ran down the wall of the shop and out the door, being pursued by Doris, who evidently wasn't quite trusting her new leg yet as she chased him in a chair. "I'll ask later."
----------------
"Of course," Hannabelle said, happy to have something to do again. "And I know what you were trying to do. It's hard for me to say Thank you and I never do it willingly - except with family - so I'll say I understand and let's do what needs doing."
----------------
"Absolutely-dutely," Sana said, taking the microphone and tapping the camera she'd just set up. "This is IOC Very Special Agent Sana Sionnach to... whoever's in command of the IOC fleet. Come in please." She looked at the others. "I keep the surname for professional reasons. I never use it."
The screen lit up with a face that made Seena facepalm. A hard looking, Grey furred, Mouse in a military uniform stared back at them. <<This is Commander Postlethwaite, 'Very' special agent,>> he said. <<Put me on to the Hivemind.>>
"Oh lord," Seena told her hands, "you've got one of them too..."
----------------
"Nedd'd t' check y' could dae it under stress, man," Sarah told Cailean before giving him a polite kiss. "Were eith'r that or start shootin' at ye." She crossed over to Conall and squatted besides the Laird. "And ye're doin' pretty good too, hen," she said and signed. "Now," she added, "yuir in charge. Where d'youse want ta go aft'r we've done here?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana groaned, mind still a bit fogged from the crazy finale that was the fight. "Di' we get 'im? An' why do I suddenly feel inadequate?" She was a bit lost, unsure what course of action was proper to take, so instead opted to metaphorically lay there instead, awaiting order or suggestion. Which ever occurred first.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’m pretty sure “he” is a masculine term, but at this point I’m too happy to be alive to really care. Once we’re done here, I’m going to try some of Thai food I’ve heard about. I’m really enjoying tr-“ Kolt said, trailing off once he saw the orb. ”NO.” He tried to push the drone off the ground and move it to a standing position. ”NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS ORB, IT CAN GO NOW!!!”
-
”Figures.” Lewis said, as he moved the items through the checkout. ”What kind of shows are you into? What’s the sort of thing that you sit down and watch with family once the day is done?”
Meanwhile, Liz was thoroughly confused by the cat toys at the store, examining a feather wand she found on one of the racks. ”This feels more like a baby’s first fishing rod. How is a cat supposed to play with this?”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp, rather unfortunately for his reputation, found himself buying cat toys that Snowball preferred, being directed by empathy to catnip toys that he was kinda surprised to see were legal here. "Oh, we're going to have trouble with these," he muttered loudly as he refused to pick up the Catnip Mice. "You can have a catnip Fish," he told the furry lump. "How's the training for the others..." he started toask Hive, lapsing into silence as Andy ran down the wall of the shop and out the door, being pursued by Doris, who evidently wasn't quite trusting her new leg yet as she chased him in a chair. "I'll ask later."
"I'm thinking I should get the Steeles to talk to Doris and Andy in addition to the Celican family that moved in yesterday." Hivemind commented as Snowball reached out to try and grab the catnip fish.
Legotron123 wrote:”Figures.” Lewis said, as he moved the items through the checkout. ”What kind of shows are you into? What’s the sort of thing that you sit down and watch with family once the day is done?”
Meanwhile, Liz was thoroughly confused by the cat toys at the store, examining a feather wand she found on one of the racks. ”This feels more like a baby’s first fishing rod. How is a cat supposed to play with this?”
"My family is all on Earth and my human self lives alone. I prefer it that way. Anyway, I've taken a liking to the recently revived show "Great British Baking Show." I like that it's really friendly and not too dramatized." the droid replied to Lewis's question before addressing Liz. "That's an interactive toy. Here, let me show you." Hivemind took the feather wand and held the feathered section in front of Snowball. He shook the feathers a bit and the fluffy white cat started batting at it. She managed to catch it. "This is one way to bond with a non-sapient cat." Hivemind said as Snowball started rubbing her face against the feathers, purring.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," Hannabelle said, happy to have something to do again. "And I know what you were trying to do. It's hard for me to say Thank you and I never do it willingly - except with family - so I'll say I understand and let's do what needs doing."
"When Lakarian City was attacked, many people fled into the woods. They are still unaccounted for. Now that the fighting is over, we need to find them and bring them to safety."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Absolutely-dutely," Sana said, taking the microphone and tapping the camera she'd just set up. "This is IOC Very Special Agent Sana Sionnach to... whoever's in command of the IOC fleet. Come in please." She looked at the others. "I keep the surname for professional reasons. I never use it."
The screen lit up with a face that made Seena facepalm. A hard looking, Grey furred, Mouse in a military uniform stared back at them. <<This is Commander Postlethwaite, 'Very' special agent,>> he said. <<Put me on to the Hivemind.>>
"Oh lord," Seena told her hands, "you've got one of them too..."
"You're a bit late to the fight." Hivemind said, not commenting on how much Commander Postlethwaite looked like Corp. "The enemy fleet has been captured, the Warlord has been defeated, and the enemy ground forces surrendered immediately when that happened."

Buster wrote:You mean the bio-gel. thats... probably going to be hard to replace. I usually just grow more from the existing supply as needed, I've never been out before.

Its basically marrowless synthetic blood, meant to compensate for machines lacking a digestive or respiratory system to leech from. making it coolant friendly though meant stripping away the cells ability to store energy internally, so it needs a constant charge to keep them alive.

Gulet-face made that difficult.

"the original supply was a paid 'deluxe extra' for the shell... we didn't make the stuff."
"I will continue to work on it. In the meantime, I might be able to produce a more basic stable simulation. It will feel strange and not exactly what you are used to, but you should at least be able to see what is going on."

Predator started compiling the simulation. It's simplicity meant that the compiling didn't take long. Talya's flickering stopped and the simulation kicked in.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Just when you think it's all over," Jenny sighed, looking at the gem, "Agent avarice shows up again. Anyone know how to contain that thing? And get going, kid. Good job."
Legotron123 wrote:”I’m pretty sure “he” is a masculine term, but at this point I’m too happy to be alive to really care. Once we’re done here, I’m going to try some of Thai food I’ve heard about. I’m really enjoying tr-“ Kolt said, trailing off once he saw the orb. ”NO.” He tried to push the drone off the ground and move it to a standing position. ”NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS ORB, IT CAN GO NOW!!!”
Predator tried to download it and put it in storage, but the orb didn't react at all to the beam when hit. "That was the only idea I had..."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana groaned, mind still a bit fogged from the crazy finale that was the fight. "Di' we get 'im? An' why do I suddenly feel inadequate?" She was a bit lost, unsure what course of action was proper to take, so instead opted to metaphorically lay there instead, awaiting order or suggestion. Which ever occurred first.
"Titan has that effect on people." Archangel laughed.
"Speaking of which, where is Titan anyway?"

Titan turned to the massive crater behind them in time to see Titan descending upon them from above. "AH!" The Predator drone dodged out of the way, but he didn't need to. Titan landed next to the orb, causing the ground to shake but nothing more. She was wearing her gauntlets and helmet again, possibly explaining why landing didn't cause the continent to shatter when she landed.

Titan picked up the orb. Then, the voice returned. It seemed to speak from within their minds, but also from the orb itself.
"You... Fools... You could have had anything... Anything you wanted... With an avatar... I could have helped you."
"You may destroy my avatar... You may destroy my conduit... But you cannot destroy me..."
"I exist within you... I am within each and every one of you... I am part of your souls..."

Titan placed the orb between her hands and started pushing them together to crush the orb between them. Nothing happened, so Titan started pushing harder.

The orb started to crack. Brilliant light shot out from the breach, and strange smoke-like whisps escaped. A chorus of voices cheering echoed around them. The cracks expanded, and then the orb shattered with a blinding flash and the sound of thousands of relieved sighs and joyous shouts of "Thank you".

When the light died down, the Predator drone thought his eyes were malfunctioning. The entire field was filled with countless people, each one silvery and translucent. Many of the Predator's sensors weren't picking them up at all, telling him instead that they were standing in an empty field.

- - - - -

Meanwhile, in case anyone was interested, the Varanians from the shore started to wake up.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Man, that guy doesn’t know how to take a hint.” Kolt said, sounding tired from the days events. He didn’t even seem all that phased by the field of ghosts, letting out a long, non-existent sigh in the weird mental space before speaking up again. ”Can you let me out now? I think I’ve had enough giant robot action for one day.”
(I’ll post Liz’ stuff after work)

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris stared at the field of ghost, at a loss for words of how to console the mech. "I'm- I'm glad you didn't..." Wow I actually suck at this, he thought to himself.

-----

Ulrich stayed silent as he 'woke up', listening to the others talk as he observed the field of souls with wonder.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Corp said, picking up a six pack of cat food tins that had a happy Feline on them as the cat kept a grip on the feather, "next is the... How does one of these go to the toilet?"
-------------------------------
Jaken finished his work in the the covered room and washed his hands before hopping back through the portal. "Am I needed back there," he said, sort of hopefully. Who else was going to look after Miss Rika?
-------------------------------
"That sounds like a good idea," Hannabelle nodded. "There's a fe routes out of there through the woods and, as I recall, one old militia outpost. A fair few may have headed there. Local law enforcement learnt about that after the Militia 'left' it."
------------------------------
<<Couldn't be helped,>> Postlethwaite replied. <<We got an active distress call from a freighter under pirate assault. Small scale but regulations demanded a response. Medical and security teams are being put on stand by.>>
-----------------------------
"Can you put me on speaker, Predator," Jenny asked. "Thanks," she added as the speaker turned on. "To those on the ground I say welcome back. I can't speak for what you have gone though and for how long but I can say this. It's over and done now. You are free. I know you did everything you could to help us during that fight, I felt your efforts and I thank you for them. You have been amazing and whatever help we can give you to acclimatise or move on we will help with. There is always hope in decency where we stand and you are those we stand for as Champions. As for you Varanians, your warlord is dead and your Shipmaster defeated. Your challenge is ended. Stand down now and let us avoid further bloodshed."
----------------------------
"You will need to remove EVERY Varanian from the planet," Dragere warned Hivemind. "My people don't have the best record when it comes to restraint after attack."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lewis frowned as he kept checking out items. ”Do you at least call them often? This might sound weird, but being around billions of people won’t necessarily stop you from feeling lonely.”
Meanwhile, Liz watched as Hivemind toyed with Snowball, dangling the little feather in front of her face. ”Such a simple creature. She doesn’t have to worry about alien invaders or getting lost in another dimension. She only has to worry about how she’s going to amuse herself. In a way, she is to envied, for she knows not of the greater struggles this world has to offer.” She said, waxing poetically.

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana focused a bit more, in time to see Titan crush the orb. "You know. Beating that guy was kinda more satisfying than Odium. And I'm pretty sure that's not a sentence that should exist." As she looked out over the practical sea of spirits, Tatiana couldn't help but feel odd, a personal disgust at the idea that all these people were bound to that orb and she couldn't place why. "Didn't feel bad about Warlord getting atomed. Feel even less bad seeing this."