Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Chris nodded, "Any maintenance elevators nearby? The big ones, not a dumbwaiter."

------

"Ahh yeah, I guess that's humans for you. Different from them and it's all 'Look a race we can control'. I've gotta give my ancestors props though, setting up a friendly relationship really did wonders for their descendants. I assume preying on them kind of threw that out the window though. So, question, how do you do the transforming thing?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Righty-ho," Sana said optimistically. "I wonder if I'll be able to pick up some..." She paused, looking askance at Seena. "...some special Celican drink I haven't been able to find here," she finished lamely.
Seena rolled her eyes. "It's red, isn't it," she asked, "and not with colouring."
"Yup. Oh," she added, clearly not changing the subject, "you do know that, when I say forest town, I actually mean right in the middle of honking great trees? We'll need to land in the town park." With that, both ladies headed out, Seena calling to tell Colorado what was going on as she went.
---------------------------------
"Sounds like someone I would have liked," Hannabelle agreed. "Or liked to have fought. Either way."
"O.K.," The NotJaken said, limbering up slightly. Not being totally sure of the distance, he took a 'best guess' and opened a portal to what he hoped was the basement. "Um," he called, looking through carefully, "Olly, olly, oxen-free?"
"Never destroy something just because you're afraid of it, sir," Jenny counselled, "that'll mean you stay afraid. Plus, if they have better guns than you, they probably have armour that can withstand your guns." She followed along, her normal gun at the ready whilst her wrist computer analysed the Monta weapon. She looked around as they got in the lift*. "If it plays musak I might shoot it," she warned.

((*elevator to you Americans))
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote:”No, but it doesn’t surprise me that it’s there. Mythos always was prepared for pretty much everything. It’s part of why he was such a pain to deal with when he got possessed.” Kolt replied as he started following the line to the nearest survivor.
>>Sounds like someone I'd like. I wonder if- Hold up... Look to your left for a second...

>>Huh... Where'd Tatianna get that? the grip and the casing embellishments are different but i'd swear that was an Anraki type 56 pulse rifle.
>>I've always wondered about those things. Those raptors don't have the tech to make pulse weapons themselves, let alone ones better than the Halcyon models the Alliance use, but they never tell anyone where they get em from.

Deske wrote:Chris nodded, "Any maintenance elevators nearby? The big ones, not a dumbwaiter."
>>Checking... Try the north east quarter of the building. We think there's either a big shaft there... or Talya's guessing a launch silo? it's hard to tell from this angle and there's too much debris to be sure. it could also be a sensor echo.

- - -

Kol looks at jenny funny. "It plays what? that word doesn't translate."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was mildly confused by Titan’s refusal to talk, but ultimately decided it was nothing. As he got on the elevator, he seemed a little disappointed. ”Was anyone else kinda expecting more out of this conspiracy? Because this really feels, for lack of a better word, anticlimactic. Yesterday I thought that when we got here we’d have to spend some time sussing out information and toppling their empire. Instead we spend most of the day cleaning up their catastrophic mess, and actually dealing with the masterminds feels more like a foot note.”
-
Liz shook her head. ”Not unless you have experience with dimension crossing.” She said, before getting a faint smile on her face. ”Still, thanks for the talk. It was rather interesting to hear your perspective on things.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Musak," Jenny queried, before brightening her tone. "It's kind of like music but high pitched and fake sounding."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aye, tha's true." Conall agrees before watching Hivemind's explanation. He's shocked at the revelation.
"Nae! Haow did ye dae tha'? It's sae big!"

~~~~~~~~
Sarah's reaction just makes Cailean laugh harder.
"Ah think tha's score one tae Scotland, score nil tae England!" he pronounces before giving Sarah a shy lick on the side of her muzzle.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"I wouldn't worry too much about Jaken, for one thing. Celicans literally teach evisceration as a class at his age. He wants to help. Hivemind wouldn't let him if he didn't think Jaken could handle it." Morgan said, sitting down and gesturing for Rika to do the same. "A lot of people died today. I understand if that gets to you. It gets to me too. I think I'm just... used to it now. We just... We can't let it show, you know? We bring these people hope. How much hope will we provide if we look like we feel hopeless? So we can't let the despair show, or it will only reinforce that feeling of hoplessness they are going through. As for the new equipment, that you need to ask Hivemind about."
Rika sat as soon as Morgan gestured to, putting her head in her hands as she did so. She stayed there like that for a few moments before looking up and speaking. "I Understand that. I generally do try to hide it, But I get very cold and blunt - as you saw - when I do.. I.. I never notice when it happens so Traci and I had an agreement that if I start doing that with her around she knocks me out of it. Again, as you saw with her, y'know, hitting me. I wish she'd use something less.. Violent. Anyway, I'll talk to Hive after this about the equipment and just carry on helping these people for now. It's all I can do." She looked directly into Morgan's eyes. "Thank you for listening to me, Morgan. I knew my trust was well placed." She said simply, smiling. "This really does mean a lot to me. Being a champion, I mean. With time, I'll be stronger willed to combat this. For now, I'm glad of the team-mates around me who can help me along with that.."

With that Rika stood up, put a hand on Morgan's shoulder, smiled, then headed off to continue to help the injured Ceilcans.

-----
CyberDragon wrote:"That would be crazy, wouldn't it!" The old Jaken said with a bit of a grin and a twinkle in his eye. "Certainly would be crazier than anything else that has happened today, I assume."
Traci nodded with a chuckle. "Too right! Well, I best get back to helping Rika.. Y'know, the injured an' all.. Heh.." She said awkwardly, then trailed away in time for Rika to rejoin the Injured group.

"Hey, you good?" Traci asked Rika as she came back.

"Never better! Come on, we've still got a few injured in line.." She replied before starting with the next patient.

(ooc: Sorry for late-ish post!)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Aye, tha's true." Conall agrees before watching Hivemind's explanation. He's shocked at the revelation.
"It is big! And making it took billions to a trillion man-hours. Luckily, I have billions of bodies. With all of me working on it as fast as I could around the clock, it was done in around a month." Hivemind signed. "I must say, it had one heck of a first field test!"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Righty-ho," Sana said optimistically. "I wonder if I'll be able to pick up some..." She paused, looking askance at Seena. "...some special Celican drink I haven't been able to find here," she finished lamely.
Seena rolled her eyes. "It's red, isn't it," she asked, "and not with colouring."
"Yup. Oh," she added, clearly not changing the subject, "you do know that, when I say forest town, I actually mean right in the middle of honking great trees? We'll need to land in the town park." With that, both ladies headed out, Seena calling to tell Colorado what was going on as she went.
"Noted." Hivemind said, leading the two out. "As for the drink, it makes some of the herbivorous residents skittish unless it comes from a replicator. The people who make it refuse to make a version using replicated ingredients, so... yeah. I'm not sure why they don't want to make a replicated version. It costs almost nothing. Anyway, if you bring some on board, might want to keep it in your room."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sounds like someone I would have liked," Hannabelle agreed. "Or liked to have fought. Either way."
"They say he could turn into a bear at will and that he lived decades longer than he was supposed to because Death was too afraid to tell him he had died." Gear laughed. "Fighting him would certainly have been interesting."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"O.K.," The NotJaken said, limbering up slightly. Not being totally sure of the distance, he took a 'best guess' and opened a portal to what he hoped was the basement. "Um," he called, looking through carefully, "Olly, olly, oxen-free?"
The room was dark and silent. Then, a rather weak voice called out. "h-help..."

Someone was trapped inside. Eira leaped through the portal and started searching. Then she found the source. A young man lay on the ground, his leg pinned beneath a concrete slab. She grabbed the slab of concrete with her ice arm and hauled it off of him. "Dad! We're going to need one of the doctors down here!"
Deske wrote:"Ahh yeah, I guess that's humans for you. Different from them and it's all 'Look a race we can control'. I've gotta give my ancestors props though, setting up a friendly relationship really did wonders for their descendants. I assume preying on them kind of threw that out the window though. So, question, how do you do the transforming thing?"
"We have malleable skeletons and specialized muscles that adjust their shape. Our fur and claws are also retractable." The Lycan explained before hearing Eira. "They found someone. One of you needs to go down there and help."

- - - - -
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika sat as soon as Morgan gestured to, putting her head in her hands as she did so. She stayed there like that for a few moments before looking up and speaking. "I Understand that. I generally do try to hide it, But I get very cold and blunt - as you saw - when I do.. I.. I never notice when it happens so Traci and I had an agreement that if I start doing that with her around she knocks me out of it. Again, as you saw with her, y'know, hitting me. I wish she'd use something less.. Violent. Anyway, I'll talk to Hive after this about the equipment and just carry on helping these people for now. It's all I can do." She looked directly into Morgan's eyes. "Thank you for listening to me, Morgan. I knew my trust was well placed." She said simply, smiling. "This really does mean a lot to me. Being a champion, I mean. With time, I'll be stronger willed to combat this. For now, I'm glad of the team-mates around me who can help me along with that.."

With that Rika stood up, put a hand on Morgan's shoulder, smiled, then headed off to continue to help the injured Ceilcans.

Traci nodded with a chuckle. "Too right! Well, I best get back to helping Rika.. Y'know, the injured an' all.. Heh.." She said awkwardly, then trailed away in time for Rika to rejoin the Injured group.

"Never better! Come on, we've still got a few injured in line.." She replied before starting with the next patient.

After a little bit, Old Jaken had somehow pulled more people from the surrounding buildings. He led them to Rika. "Hello, I don't believe we've been introduced." he said. "My name is Jaken Montoni." He said, though his expression remained knowing.

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Liz shook her head. ”Not unless you have experience with dimension crossing.” She said, before getting a faint smile on her face. ”Still, thanks for the talk. It was rather interesting to hear your perspective on things.”
"I enjoyed the conversation as well. And I thank you for the warning. I will be cautious. Now..." Sep-Heth said as he started heading for the door. "I no doubt have many people who are already challenging me over my decision to free the slaves. Especially since I didn't exactly consult anyone before making that decision... As such I must take my leave. I have some rebelling slavers and council members to beat into submission." He gave a respectful bow before ducking (actually more like crawling due to his height) through the exit of the hospital.

Once he was gone, Sal-Hleel walked up to Liz, standing at attention. "I am ready for orders. If it is Warlord's will, I am at your command."

------------------------
Deske wrote:Chris nodded, "Any maintenance elevators nearby? The big ones, not a dumbwaiter."
Buster wrote:>>Sounds like someone I'd like. I wonder if- Hold up... Look to your left for a second...

>>Huh... Where'd Tatianna get that? the grip and the casing embellishments are different but i'd swear that was an Anraki type 56 pulse rifle.
>>I've always wondered about those things. Those raptors don't have the tech to make pulse weapons themselves, let alone ones better than the Halcyon models the Alliance use, but they never tell anyone where they get em from.

>>Checking... Try the north east quarter of the building. We think there's either a big shaft there... or Talya's guessing a launch silo? it's hard to tell from this angle and there's too much debris to be sure. it could also be a sensor echo.
MT flew over to the location indicated. "It looks like a launch silo, but it's empty. Looks like the missile was launched. It should go down at least close to where we need to be, so I recommend we fly in."

- - - - -
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana nodded at Hivemind's rundown while the second shell and herself entered the elevator and awaited it to descend. After a moment she turned her cheshire grin to Archangel. "It is pleasant to see your quick recovery."
The elevator started moving once everyone was on board. "Thank you. It's pleasant to have recovered so quickly. You might not think of it looking at him, but Predator is a heck of a medic." Archangel said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Never destroy something just because you're afraid of it, sir," Jenny counselled, "that'll mean you stay afraid. Plus, if they have better guns than you, they probably have armour that can withstand your guns." She followed along, her normal gun at the ready whilst her wrist computer analysed the Monta weapon. She looked around as they got in the lift*. "If it plays musak I might shoot it," she warned.
"I'm not afraid of the guns themselves..." Gadgeteer growled. "I'm afraid of the Celicans getting their hands on them! They are in many ways like small, squishy Varanians. Do you think they will refrain from trying to take what they want by force if they know their tech would make them nearly unstoppable? I don't think so."
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt was mildly confused by Titan’s refusal to talk, but ultimately decided it was nothing. As he got on the elevator, he seemed a little disappointed. ”Was anyone else kinda expecting more out of this conspiracy? Because this really feels, for lack of a better word, anticlimactic. Yesterday I thought that when we got here we’d have to spend some time sussing out information and toppling their empire. Instead we spend most of the day cleaning up their catastrophic mess, and actually dealing with the masterminds feels more like a foot note.”
"He's not the mastermind, Kolt." Hivemind said over the comms. "We think the real Monta was killed and replaced with a pawn of sorts. This guy is no more the mastermind than the fake President Zabta was. Someone else is pulling the strings, and I hope the fake Monta will shed light on who that is."

At that moment, the elevator creaked before the sound of metal breaking rang out from above them. Then, the elevator started to fall, gaining speed with gravity, falling nearly four stories before the emergency breaks engaged and the elevator screeched and slowed to a stop. Power in the elevator was gone.

"Is everyone OK?" Archangel called out, climbing back to his feet.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny picked herself up from off the floor and spat a small amount of blood and spittle out. "Knew I shouldn't have had that second sandwich this morning," she joked, oblivious to the trickle of blood slipping down the back of her head. She made sure her guns were still working. "And it's not the guns that worry me, Gadge," she continued, "but the hands they're in. So you're right about that" And she made to put her helmet back on.
----------------------------
"Do you need me in there to put up more portals," the NotJaken asked, concern in his tone as he peered through. And as he glanced at Old Jaken and Miss Rika. He listened out for more calls. He could feel that he could manage a second portal now. He got strength from Miss Rika and the need to prove himself.
----------------------------
"It's probably some export regulations thing," Sana remarked, stopping to draw some ready cash from a machine they passed on the way. She chose 'Celica' from the hundreds of options available and got 30 in the currency that she pocketed.
"Hey, Handsome," Seena said over the comms to Colorado as they continued on, "I'm heading down to the ground to the town of..."
"Rohina," Sana added as Cherry looked at her.
"...Rohina for some investigating. Sana and a 'Bot are coming with."
--------------------------
"Heh. Time to get serious," Hannabelle said, setting up the Digital Scope. She sighed as she turned on the display that indicated the team. "There's little skill in this..."
"So how's things down there," Keeva asked a random Hivebot. "How's Predator doing?"
-------------------------
Sarah blushed under the fur at the intimate gesture. "You gotta win one ev'ry now an 'gain," she said, giving him a little squeeze around the small of his back, "or there's nae point playin'." She reciprocated the lick.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

(All comms)
>>pretty sure you guys are on the wrong level. what's going on in there?

Kol staggered to her feet, wincing at the sensation one of her hands made when she tried and failed to get the fist to unclench, two of the knuckles in the wrong places.
"Had worse." she growled angrily, before using the other three hands to tear the doors off the elevator, then force open the doors to the shaft on the other side. "getting out of this box before it drops us again." climbing out the misaligned doorways.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Two of the doctors left the crowd of people they had already taken care of and hurried through the portal to their newest charge. The two unzipped their bags, almost in sync, and scanned the Celican. One of the doctors shifted over towards Eira, "Can you make a full body cast? Compound fractures in both legs and multiple large fractures in the pelvis."
The other doctor pulled out a needle and carefully pushed it's contents into the Celicans arm, "Count backwards from ten for me, this will hurt for a second then you will lose all feeling from the neck down. Just try and relax for me, alright?" He put the needle away and placed a hand on the Celicans shoulder.

------

"If it's our best shot then let's go for it."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Groaning, Kolt slowly made his way to a standing position, wobbling in place and clutching his head. He fumbled around with the communicator for a bit before he finally remembered which button activated the communicator and radioed Kobor. ”Um, someone cut the lines that were holding the elevator up, and we fell a bit before the brakes activated. A few of us are injured, and I’m pretty sure my skull would be in pieces if I didn’t have a helmet. My head really hurts.” He replied, seemingly unaware of the fact he’d said that last bit out loud. He stumbled out of the hole Kol made like a drunk man, and immediately went to leaning on the first wall he saw. ”I don’t feel so good.”
-
”For now, I’d suggest you familiarize yourself with how the ship works. If you’re going to live here, it’d be best if you know how to get around.” Liz said to Sal-Hleel. ”It’s going to take some time for Hivemind to get your residence ready anyways. Best to do something useful while you wait.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana groaned lightly from the floor of the corner, ever thankful that she didn't have conventional nerves when it came to blunt trauma. Though the destabilizing effect of unwitting changes in velocity still did it's job of disorientating her. "I could see it being sabotage or simple hardware failure. This place did take a hit from the Warlord, there could be many small cracks in unknown places. I say that because if they could cut the wires as it were, I don't know why they simply didn't let us drop all the way." She got up from underneath her second shell and peered out the doorway Kol had opened. "Hmm, anyway to know if this floor is of any importance? Or if it readily connects to another passage down? Cause we could always bust open a hole and continue down the shaft if need be."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Only way to know," Jenny replied, "is to open the doors and have a butchers."

((Butcher's hook = look.))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Aye, tha's true." Conall agrees before watching Hivemind's explanation. He's shocked at the revelation.
"It is big! And making it took billions to a trillion man-hours. Luckily, I have billions of bodies. With all of me working on it as fast as I could around the clock, it was done in around a month." Hivemind signed. "I must say, it had one heck of a first field test!"
"Billions? Tha's hyperbole, right?" Conall looks as though he's expecting Hivemind to be joking.

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah blushed under the fur at the intimate gesture. "You gotta win one ev'ry now an 'gain," she said, giving him a little squeeze around the small of his back, "or there's nae point playin'." She reciprocated the lick.
"Are ye sayin' this is like playin' th' puggie*?" Cailean asks with a raised eyebrow, "Because Ah certainly find ye addictive."
Suddenly the border collie looks ashamed of himself and buries his head in his arms on the table.
"Ah just realised haow sleezy tha' sounded. Ferget Ah said tha'."

*puggie = poker machine/fruit machine/"one-armed bandit"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Billions? Tha's hyperbole, right?" Conall looks as though he's expecting Hivemind to be joking.
"An understatement, really. Back then it was somewhere around thirty billion Hive units. Now, it's closer to seven trillion. Granted a good chunk of those are inch-long swarm droids, and another good chunk consists of basically every computer run public device on this ship, but still..." Hivemind explained.

-----------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”For now, I’d suggest you familiarize yourself with how the ship works. If you’re going to live here, it’d be best if you know how to get around.” Liz said to Sal-Hleel. ”It’s going to take some time for Hivemind to get your residence ready anyways. Best to do something useful while you wait.”
Sal-Hleel looked around and was about to respond when his stomach growled. "Ah... start with that... Haven't had food in three Varan days... Where food be? Um... legal food, not smart... um... sentient... uh, not people." He added, noticing a bit of panic in the air when he mentioned he was hungry.

Deske wrote:Two of the doctors left the crowd of people they had already taken care of and hurried through the portal to their newest charge. The two unzipped their bags, almost in sync, and scanned the Celican. One of the doctors shifted over towards Eira, "Can you make a full body cast? Compound fractures in both legs and multiple large fractures in the pelvis."
The other doctor pulled out a needle and carefully pushed it's contents into the Celicans arm, "Count backwards from ten for me, this will hurt for a second then you will lose all feeling from the neck down. Just try and relax for me, alright?" He put the needle away and placed a hand on the Celicans shoulder.
Eira pulled some water out of a nearby burst pipe. She then encased the Celican in the water, covering all of him save for his face before freezing the water into an icy cast.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Do you need me in there to put up more portals," the NotJaken asked, concern in his tone as he peered through. And as he glanced at Old Jaken and Miss Rika. He listened out for more calls. He could feel that he could manage a second portal now. He got strength from Miss Rika and the need to prove himself.
"I don't feel anyone else nearby. We need to move on to the next block once Rika is done with her patients." Eira said.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's probably some export regulations thing," Sana remarked, stopping to draw some ready cash from a machine they passed on the way. She chose 'Celica' from the hundreds of options available and got 30 in the currency that she pocketed.
"Hey, Handsome," Seena said over the comms to Colorado as they continued on, "I'm heading down to the ground to the town of..."
"Rohina," Sana added as Cherry looked at her.
"...Rohina for some investigating. Sana and a 'Bot are coming with."
"I can't think of what regulation it would be, but maybe." Hivemind said, leading the group to one of the hangers facing the planet. The Sparrow was waiting for them there. "Alright. Climb in and buckle up."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So how's things down there," Keeva asked a random Hivebot. "How's Predator doing?"
"Predator is doing very well. He has gained full sentience and is in the process of developing his personality. He was instrumental in the defeat of Warlord Havoch, and is now assisting in the pursuit of a person of interest."

(Rook, if Dan wanted to respond to this, he can do so as well)

Gadgeteer started tending to everyone's wounds, since their healers and medics were all on the surface.
Buster wrote:(All comms)
>>pretty sure you guys are on the wrong level. what's going on in there?

Kol staggered to her feet, wincing at the sensation one of her hands made when she tried and failed to get the fist to unclench, two of the knuckles in the wrong places.
"Had worse." she growled angrily, before using the other three hands to tear the doors off the elevator, then force open the doors to the shaft on the other side. "getting out of this box before it drops us again." climbing out the misaligned doorways.
Without asking or waiting for permission, and before she could take note of what he was doing, Gadgeteer reached forward and popped Kol's knuckles back into place before backing up in case she tried to take off his head.

"The elevator fell, but the emergency breaks kicked in and stopped it. We're going to have to find another way down I think. Probably just going to use the elevator shaft sans elevator..." Archangel said before stopping and looking around, his expression tense.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny picked herself up from off the floor and spat a small amount of blood and spittle out. "Knew I shouldn't have had that second sandwich this morning," she joked, oblivious to the trickle of blood slipping down the back of her head. She made sure her guns were still working. "And it's not the guns that worry me, Gadge," she continued, "but the hands they're in. So you're right about that" And she made to put her helmet back on.
Gadgeteer took a look at the blood on the back of Jenny's head, secretly trying not to salivate. Old instincts die hard. "You'll be fine." he concluded. "It's just a cut on your head."
Legotron123 wrote:Groaning, Kolt slowly made his way to a standing position, wobbling in place and clutching his head. He fumbled around with the communicator for a bit before he finally remembered which button activated the communicator and radioed Kobor. ”Um, someone cut the lines that were holding the elevator up, and we fell a bit before the brakes activated. A few of us are injured, and I’m pretty sure my skull would be in pieces if I didn’t have a helmet. My head really hurts.” He replied, seemingly unaware of the fact he’d said that last bit out loud. He stumbled out of the hole Kol made like a drunk man, and immediately went to leaning on the first wall he saw. ”I don’t feel so good.”
"Over here, Kolt." Gadgeteer said, turning the fox's head to face his. The Varanian pulled out some kind of scanner and started running it over his head.

"It... wouldn't have been a trap. They would have sabotaged the breaks as well if that were the case..." Archangel started looking around, even more alert than before.

"Good news is, you don't have a concussion. Bad news is, you do have a nasty lump on your head. I'd take it a bit easy if I were you."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana groaned lightly from the floor of the corner, ever thankful that she didn't have conventional nerves when it came to blunt trauma. Though the destabilizing effect of unwitting changes in velocity still did it's job of disorientating her. "I could see it being sabotage or simple hardware failure. This place did take a hit from the Warlord, there could be many small cracks in unknown places. I say that because if they could cut the wires as it were, I don't know why they simply didn't let us drop all the way." She got up from underneath her second shell and peered out the doorway Kol had opened. "Hmm, anyway to know if this floor is of any importance? Or if it readily connects to another passage down? Cause we could always bust open a hole and continue down the shaft if need be."
"Uh... I think it's important..." Archangel found what was unsettling him. He pointed down a hallway and gestured for the others to look.

The walls, floor, even ceiling were red, and it wasn't from paint. Long, deep gashes were carved into the walls. At the end of the hallway was a reinforced steel blast door over a foot thick. Something had torn through it from the other side. Archangel's eyes glowed, and Gadgeteer and Recon drew their weapons. The three of them approached the door cautiously, and opened it.

Inside were a number of Cylindrical containment tubes, designed to hold and preserve some kind of creature in stasis. There were hundreds of these tubes, most of which glowed with the green fluid they were filled with. Gadgeteer could just barely make out the silhouettes of whatever was inside of them. And everyone could see that a number of these tubes had broken open, and whatever they contained was missing.

"Well. Lovely."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think we could all do with food now," Corp advised, checking his map for the nearest food place equipped to deal with a Varanian size guest. He ruled out the Italian restaurant as a matter of course as he assumed Varanians didn't really do 'Pasta' and selected a place that advertised itself as 'doing the (cooked) meaty thing and Salads for the veggies'. His H.U.D. provided directions. "Found one that should do." He led on.
-------------------------------
"Good," Keeva said, "that's good. Remind him that, if he ever wants to talk or whatever, I'm available, yeah?" She looked away slightly. "Failed one emerging A.I.," she muttered. "I'll not fail another."
"Bein' able to sense people sounds fun," the NotJaken said, "Makes them easier to avoid if you don't wanna talk?" He peered through the gap in reality to see what was going on. "Was thinking of a codename" he added, in a complete non sequitur. "But the best word with what I can do is 'Door'. Don't sound too heroic."
"OK," Jenny announced, checking her bio-scanners as the wrist computer finally got past the lock outs on the Monta weapon, "we've just entered Frankenstein's lair, I think. And the Monster's bonked a Xenomorph, had kids and they're awake. I think we need a lot of shields." She looked around for survivors and somewhere to look at CCTV.
------------------------------
The ladies strapped in, Sana grumbling as she fitted the booster seat.
------------------------------
"Nah," Sarah said playfully, whispering into Cailean's ear. "Ah'll jes r'mind ye've tha' in private when ye realise ye've hit th' jackpot."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Conall's jaw drops at those figures but he knows better than to argue. Closing his mouth he shakes himself before responding.
"Well, ye dae hae quite th' empire, dinnae ye?"

~~~~~~~~
Cailean feels his face grow hot and an observant onlooker might just notice the colour rising under the thinner fur inside his ears. He tries to bury himself deeper under his arms and hopes the drinks will come soon to save him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana followed along the ruined hallway, rifle at the ready. "Ya know? This'd be a bit homey, reminds me bit of my asteroid lab back home. 'Paint' job and ruination none withstanding." Despite the serious atmosphere of the area should couldn't help but turn to Jenny, amusement within her tone, "What what'd a what?" Before turning attention back to the horror story before them.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt groaned as Gadgeteer scanned him, but otherwise remained quiet until they got to the tube room. He took one look around the room before saying the first thing that came to his unfocused, deeply in pain mind. ”But I don’t want to be in a horror movie.”
-
”I’m pretty sure most of us are hungry after the day we had.” Liz said as she followed Corp to the restaurant. ”A night out sounds like just what we need.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Apparently the restaurant that corp picked out is currently mostly empty, aside from a four and a half foot tall fluffy land-shark in what resembles slightly scorched yellow and white spandex.

one who starts scrambling for a sidearm she's no longer carrying the moment Sal-Hleel walks in.

- - - - -

what gadgeteer gets for his trouble is a claw narrowly missing his throat and digging into the wall after mistaking a boxer's fracture* for a dislocation, and nearly compounding it.

Also a snarling and grumpy teammate.

- - - - -

>>Uh... guys... Survivors 4 & 6 are acting... odd.
>>once you started making sounds they went from prone and stationary, to stalking toards you...
>>please tell me one of you has a motion tracker. they're on the same level you are but i can't get accurate positions. something in the walls is scattering the scan-pulse.

((* A metacarpel bone broken right behind the joint. the swelling and bone displacement from which, atleast the time it happened to me, looked like the knuckle had shifted backwards half an inch.))
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp held up a single, empty, hand. "He's safe," he stated simply to the girl. "He's with us."
"Good news, guys," Jenny continued, after hearing Kolt, "this ISN'T a sci-fi horror movie. It's not Alien. BAD news," she continued, rolling her eyes after hearing Kobor, "it's the sequel." She set the wrist computer to scan and readied her new weapon.
---------------------------
Sarah chuckled but relented. "Looks like th' brews're here," she said, wondering if there was actually any other Scots in the place.
"I wonder what's going on in there," Hannabelle mused, still watching through the scope. "No-one's come out so it's like it's all gone to plan and that's alien to most ops."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Great! Now if you could just gently place him with the others," Collins gestured to the other recovering patients on the other side of the portal.
Norwood packed up the medical bags and brought them up to Collins, shouldering his own and dropping the extra one next to him, "Yeah, we'd get 'em, but it's ice and neither of us wants to risk dropping them, y'know?"

------

"There any way to link up our scanners and use them as one. I'm sure it's easier to triangulate positions with more sources," Chris suggested, trying to see what he could do to get a clearer picture on MT's own sensor array.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

>>Worth a shot. it looks like everything below the first basement level is lined with a high density refractive metal.
>>the more shielding i have to scan through the more distorted he signal gets. so having someone on the other side of that shielding double checking the scans certainly couldn't hurt.

- - - -

She pauses when Corp speaks up.
"So, this one's not bad? how do you tell which ones are the bad ones then? he has the same outfit as the ones from the barracks raid." June comments, squinting at the large reptile, certain he looks familiar, before addressing the big guy directly. "Wait a minute, I remember you. Didn't you get pinned under a table and shot in the face, before just 'poofing to nowhere'?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think we could all do with food now," Corp advised, checking his map for the nearest food place equipped to deal with a Varanian size guest. He ruled out the Italian restaurant as a matter of course as he assumed Varanians didn't really do 'Pasta' and selected a place that advertised itself as 'doing the (cooked) meaty thing and Salads for the veggies'. His H.U.D. provided directions. "Found one that should do." He led on.
Legotron123 wrote:”I’m pretty sure most of us are hungry after the day we had.” Liz said as she followed Corp to the restaurant. ”A night out sounds like just what we need.”
Buster wrote:Apparently the restaurant that corp picked out is currently mostly empty, aside from a four and a half foot tall fluffy land-shark in what resembles slightly scorched yellow and white spandex.

one who starts scrambling for a sidearm she's no longer carrying the moment Sal-Hleel walks in.
Sal-Hleel froze when he saw the fluffy shark. "YOU!" he said, snarling.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp held up a single, empty, hand. "He's safe," he stated simply to the girl. "He's with us."
Buster wrote:She pauses when Corp speaks up.
"So, this one's not bad? how do you tell which ones are the bad ones then? he has the same outfit as the ones from the barracks raid." June comments, squinting at the large reptile, certain he looks familiar, before addressing the big guy directly. "Wait a minute, I remember you. Didn't you get pinned under a table and shot in the face, before just 'poofing to nowhere'?"
Sal-Hleel pushes past Corp and points a claw menacingly at June. "You almost kill me! You make me fail superiors! If Shipm... If new Warlord weren't merciful, I would be General's prey because of you!"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good," Keeva said, "that's good. Remind him that, if he ever wants to talk or whatever, I'm available, yeah?" She looked away slightly. "Failed one emerging A.I.," she muttered. "I'll not fail another."
"I'll be sure to tell him that." Hivemind said.

(For Rook)
"What about you, Dan? Would you like to meet the Predator drone when he gets back?"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Bein' able to sense people sounds fun," the NotJaken said, "Makes them easier to avoid if you don't wanna talk?" He peered through the gap in reality to see what was going on. "Was thinking of a codename" he added, in a complete non sequitur. "But the best word with what I can do is 'Door'. Don't sound too heroic."
"It has it's uses." Eira stated, tending to the injured. "No one can sneak up on me for one. Not unless they've got the same amount of water in them as the air."
Deske wrote:"Great! Now if you could just gently place him with the others," Collins gestured to the other recovering patients on the other side of the portal.
Norwood packed up the medical bags and brought them up to Collins, shouldering his own and dropping the extra one next to him, "Yeah, we'd get 'em, but it's ice and neither of us wants to risk dropping them, y'know?"
"For future reference..." Eira said, lifting the injured Celican and carrying him through the portal. "My ice is held together with Aquakinetic power. The ice crystals are formed because of that power holding the water molecules in that shape, not because it's cold. This ice is room temperature, dry, and can take bullets with no problems."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The ladies strapped in, Sana grumbling as she fitted the booster seat.
Once they were strapped in, the Sparrow took off, flying on it's way to the planet surface.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nah," Sarah said playfully, whispering into Cailean's ear. "Ah'll jes r'mind ye've tha' in private when ye realise ye've hit th' jackpot."
Hlaoroo wrote:Conall's jaw drops at those figures but he knows better than to argue. Closing his mouth he shakes himself before responding.
"Well, ye dae hae quite th' empire, dinnae ye?"

~~~~~~~~
Cailean feels his face grow hot and an observant onlooker might just notice the colour rising under the thinner fur inside his ears. He tries to bury himself deeper under his arms and hopes the drinks will come soon to save him.
"It's not really an empire exactly, but I'm happy with it. And I'm happy the people are happy with it." Hivemind said as the drinks arrived.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"OK," Jenny announced, checking her bio-scanners as the wrist computer finally got past the lock outs on the Monta weapon, "we've just entered Frankenstein's lair, I think. And the Monster's bonked a Xenomorph, had kids and they're awake. I think we need a lot of shields." She looked around for survivors and somewhere to look at CCTV.
"Well... That's a vivid image I don't want to think about ever again..." Recon said as she looked around.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana followed along the ruined hallway, rifle at the ready. "Ya know? This'd be a bit homey, reminds me bit of my asteroid lab back home. 'Paint' job and ruination none withstanding." Despite the serious atmosphere of the area should couldn't help but turn to Jenny, amusement within her tone, "What what'd a what?" Before turning attention back to the horror story before them.
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt groaned as Gadgeteer scanned him, but otherwise remained quiet until they got to the tube room. He took one look around the room before saying the first thing that came to his unfocused, deeply in pain mind. ”But I don’t want to be in a horror movie.”
Buster wrote:what gadgeteer gets for his trouble is a claw narrowly missing his throat and digging into the wall after mistaking a boxer's fracture* for a dislocation, and nearly compounding it.

Also a snarling and grumpy teammate.

- - - - -

>>Uh... guys... Survivors 4 & 6 are acting... odd.
>>once you started making sounds they went from prone and stationary, to stalking toards you...
>>please tell me one of you has a motion tracker. they're on the same level you are but i can't get accurate positions. something in the walls is scattering the scan-pulse.

((* A metacarpel bone broken right behind the joint. the swelling and bone displacement from which, atleast the time it happened to me, looked like the knuckle had shifted backwards half an inch.))
"That doesn't sound good..."
"Get ready for company, people. Gadgeteer, check the tubes. I want to know what we're dealing with."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good news, guys," Jenny continued, after hearing Kolt, "this ISN'T a sci-fi horror movie. It's not Alien. BAD news," she continued, rolling her eyes after hearing Kobor, "it's the sequel." She set the wrist computer to scan and readied her new weapon.
Gadgeteer walked up to one of the unbroken tubes. He wiped some condensation off of the glass and peered inside.

The creatures within the tube were not like any he had ever... no... They were exactly like several things he had seen. It was nearly fifteen feet tall standing straight up. It had the fox-like face of a celican and red fur along it's body. It's lower jaw was like that of a snake, consisting of two mandibles. Any vulnerable points, including the front of the torso and abdomen and it's throat were lined with the armored scales similar to a Varanian. It's arms and legs were long, and encased in a sort of armored shell making them look almost spider-like. It's hands were prehensile, and equipped with wickedly sharp, hooked claws. It's tail was thick and strong enough to shatter bone if it struck someone. Four horns grew on it's head, with two on the forehead and two on the snout. "Holy.... Archangel, Monta's been making some kind of hybrid. I recognize Celican, Varanian, and Havoch traits, along with-"

Gadgeteer was interrupted by the echoing, gargling shrieks of the escaped monsters, sounding almost like a Celican, but mixed with a deep gurgling growl, followed by a nightmarish clicking moan.

The creatures were getting close. Recon could see their shadows on the wall at the other end of the hallway.

"Uh... guys?"
"Hide! Find somewhere to hide until we can get an advantage!" Gadgeteer called. "If we fight them in here, pretty soon we're going to be neck deep in them!" he said, pointing around at the sleeping monsters in their tubes.

------------------------
Deske wrote:"There any way to link up our scanners and use them as one. I'm sure it's easier to triangulate positions with more sources," Chris suggested, trying to see what he could do to get a clearer picture on MT's own sensor array.
Buster wrote:>>Worth a shot. it looks like everything below the first basement level is lined with a high density refractive metal.
>>the more shielding i have to scan through the more distorted he signal gets. so having someone on the other side of that shielding double checking the scans certainly couldn't hurt.
MT established a connection to the Predator Drone and gave them a live feed of what he was seeing and what his scanners were picking up on. Then he flew down the spent missile silo and started scanning. "Anything look different to you two?" MT said to Kobor and Talya.

------------------------
CyberDragon wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika sat as soon as Morgan gestured to, putting her head in her hands as she did so. She stayed there like that for a few moments before looking up and speaking. "I Understand that. I generally do try to hide it, But I get very cold and blunt - as you saw - when I do.. I.. I never notice when it happens so Traci and I had an agreement that if I start doing that with her around she knocks me out of it. Again, as you saw with her, y'know, hitting me. I wish she'd use something less.. Violent. Anyway, I'll talk to Hive after this about the equipment and just carry on helping these people for now. It's all I can do." She looked directly into Morgan's eyes. "Thank you for listening to me, Morgan. I knew my trust was well placed." She said simply, smiling. "This really does mean a lot to me. Being a champion, I mean. With time, I'll be stronger willed to combat this. For now, I'm glad of the team-mates around me who can help me along with that.."

After a little bit, Old Jaken had somehow pulled more people from the surrounding buildings. He led them to Rika. "Hello, I don't believe we've been introduced." he said. "My name is Jaken Montoni." He said, though his expression remained knowing.
------------------------
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:"Um, what do you mean? Like you specifically or the champions in general?" He contemplated this for a bit. "... We tend to ignore any spiritual disturbances that are minor in nature, a few ghosts and spirits here and there don't put the physical worlds at major risk. If you guys have any ghosts and stuff on your side, I wouldn't worry, as long as its not too many, we try to let the ghosts naturally pass on... Being perfectly honest, its weird to hear someone ask about that."
"Umm..." Legion said in a different voice, sounding concerned. "Define too many, and what would you do if we exceeded that amount?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp moved around to the front and stood in front of Sal-Hleel's claw. "No fighting here. It's not allowed," he stated simply, using his command voice. "Never a better place to start to gain trust than now, Sal-Hleel."
-------------------------------------
"Then we need them out there," Jenny queried, looking back past the fallen elevators and beyond. "I'm gonna need shields," she said, getting ready to leg it back past the lift for the cover beyond. "Soon as I hit cover, open up on them..." When prepared, she waited untilthey saw her and legged it.
------------------------------------
"I like being busy," the NotJaken announced, closing the portal when the Doctors were clear and moving onto the next target, "it stops me thinking about what I'm seeing."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"Hello, I don't believe we've been introduced. My name is Jaken Montoni." He said, though his expression remained knowing.
Rika looked up at the voice when she finished with her last patient.. Well, it was her last patient before Old-Jaken came with more. She had an expression of pure confusion. "Erm.. Right. I'm Dr. Rika Montoni, No relation I'm sure. Exactly when did you arrive? I don't recall a Ceilcan being part of the Champions nor anyone letting me know we had a local helping us.." She replied, looking him up and down. "..And from what I can tell, someone told you who I am already." She adds looking over to Traci, who was obviously trying to listen in to their conversation but looked away as soon as Rika turned to her.

-----
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good," Keeva said, "that's good. Remind him that, if he ever wants to talk or whatever, I'm available, yeah?" She looked away slightly. "Failed one emerging A.I.," she muttered. "I'll not fail another."
"I'll be sure to tell him that." Hivemind said.

"What about you, Dan? Would you like to meet the Predator drone when he gets back?"
"Of course! Keeva tells me that he's very friendy." Dan replies with a light smile, then turns to Keeva. "Erm, what was that last part Keeva? I heard you mumble something.." He asked simply, scratching the back of his ear with his good arm.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

"That's pretty neat. I am curious about how you make it not cold though. I figure if you hold the molecules in the necessary shape for it to be ice, you remove energy from the system, right? Less energy means less heat. I never was good with thermodynamics though." Collins said, sounding genuinely interested in how her powers worked.

Norwood looked over at Jaken, "Hey, it works for me. Now I only see my failures when I sleep." He chuckled.

-----

Passively listening on the comms, Ulrich heard Jenny's request for a shield and, deciding to finally head down, slipped into the elevator shaft. Using a small platform of light to slow his descent, he landed on top of the elevator with a muffled thump and dropped inside using the emergency hatch. Taking cover off to the side, immediately out of the elevator, he quietly radio'd Jenny saying, "Just say when."

-----

Sounds like whatever we're looking for has found something interesting," Chris said whilst monitoring the audio sensors. "I'd imagine we don't have much time to get there before they do, if we can at all."
Last edited by Deske on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Tha's an interestin' point actually." Conall states, pausing to sign his thanks to the waiter.
"Th' people. Where did they all come frae? It'd tak' time tae fill a ship this big."

~~~~~~~~
"Ah, excellent. Cailean sits back up and thanks the waiter as he accepts his drink.
"Sae..." the dog pauses, wondering what to talk about next.
"Read any good books lately, Sarah?" he finishes lamely.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Sal-Hleel froze when he saw the fluffy shark. "YOU!" he said, snarling.

Sal-Hleel pushes past Corp and points a claw menacingly at June. "You almost kill me! You make me fail superiors! If Shipm... If new Warlord weren't merciful, I would be General's prey because of you!"
"maybe, but you're not." June states, shrugging. then giving a grin only a shark can give "sides, I didn't want any of you guys to actually die so you didn't. you got lucky right?" one of her eyes flickering slightly, only for her to wince in pain and snap it shut. the sharklet subsequently muttering something about needing an off switch.

- - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:"That doesn't sound good..."
"Get ready for company, people. Gadgeteer, check the tubes. I want to know what we're dealing with."

Gadgeteer walked up to one of the unbroken tubes. He wiped some condensation off of the glass and peered inside.

The creatures within the tube were not like any he had ever... no... They were exactly like several things he had seen. It was nearly fifteen feet tall standing straight up. It had the fox-like face of a celican and red fur along it's body. It's lower jaw was like that of a snake, consisting of two mandibles. Any vulnerable points, including the front of the torso and abdomen and it's throat were lined with the armored scales similar to a Varanian. It's arms and legs were long, and encased in a sort of armored shell making them look almost spider-like. It's hands were prehensile, and equipped with wickedly sharp, hooked claws. It's tail was thick and strong enough to shatter bone if it struck someone. Four horns grew on it's head, with two on the forehead and two on the snout. "Holy.... Archangel, Monta's been making some kind of hybrid. I recognize Celican, Varanian, and Havoch traits, along with-"

Gadgeteer was interrupted by the echoing, gargling shrieks of the escaped monsters, sounding almost like a Celican, but mixed with a deep gurgling growl, followed by a nightmarish clicking moan.

The creatures were getting close. Recon could see their shadows on the wall at the other end of the hallway.

"Uh... guys?"
"Hide! Find somewhere to hide until we can get an advantage!" Gadgeteer called. "If we fight them in here, pretty soon we're going to be neck deep in them!" he said, pointing around at the sleeping monsters in their tubes.

Kol ducks behind a corner, the only sound from her the crackle of the poweraxe activating, as she stands ready to ambush anything that gets too close.

- - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:MT established a connection to the Predator Drone and gave them a live feed of what he was seeing and what his scanners were picking up on. Then he flew down the spent missile silo and started scanning. "Anything look different to you two?" MT said to Kobor and Talya.
>> You mean besides underestimating how big this place is?
>>we've got a clearer image of the 'survivors'. the majority we're starting to think aren't. the bio signs don't look right, body temperature is too low to be safe for a mamal, more what you'd expect from a reptile.

updating the waypoints and maps sent to everyone's equipment earlier, 3/4 of the 'check area for survivors' markers have been relabeled 'Biological anomaly in the area' and marked a different color now, and there are several new ones, both anomalies and possible survivors.

the twins have also attempted to map out an optimal route for the 'heavy support' team (aka chris & co) to link back up with the main group.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Now'd be good," Jenny said, running past, "but stay in cover!" She pulled up. "Better still, put a shield to you left! I can smell them in the corridor! Block them for a few so we can strategize.!" She readied her weapons.
------------------------
"So what's good on the menu, Miss," Corp called back to June as he kept between them for the restaurants' sake.
------------------------
"T' th' new days ta come," Sarah said, ignoring convention as usual by not proposing the toast before making it and raising her glass.
-----------------------
"I was remembering Silverwolf," Keeva said before looking to Hivemind. "On the 'HAVEN there's a Holographic Entertainment room. One of the entertainments is a theme park. Most of the 'inhabitants' were pre-programmed to always do the same thing. Cyclical. But SilverWolf was different. He was designed to know what ride was best for you and he began to notice everyone around him kept doing the same thing. We didn't catch on to the fact he was becoming sentient until he was part way there and thinking he was going mad. We managed to get him calmed down but the program had begun corrupting the computer in the rest of the ship. We tried to save him, well the Scottish Collies did as they know computers, but it wasn't possible. So I don't want to fail Predator. Especially as I like him."
---------------------
"Just checking," Sana said, almost rhetorically, "you CAN land this thing in a postage stamp park, yes?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As soon as it was clear there was danger nearby, Quint took control of Kolt’s body, moving to hide in a spot in one of the corners of the room, behind one of the intact tubes. As he wondered why Mythos didn’t put a camouflage mode along with everything else in this suit, he sent off a message to the others. We are killing them, correct? Kolt is in no condition to properly restrain them, and I doubt they are going to listen to reason.
-
”You beat him with a luck power, got it. Now can you two play nice, or are we going to have to find another restaurant?” Liz said, looking back and forth between Sal-Hleel and the shark fox thing (Shox? Fark?) he’d apparently fought earlier. ”I’d like to have a nice quiet dinner, and I can’t have that if you insist on fighting.”

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Once given the order to hide, Tatiana fell back as far as possible to set up a clear line of sight, kneeling down and preparing her sniper sights. "If they're seemingly mindless I doubt we'll have a choice. ... I bet they'd tear through even my second, more resilient shell with ease if the walls and door marks are any indication."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So what's good on the menu, Miss," Corp called back to June as he kept between them for the restaurants' sake.
"Well, I've been having ribs mostly. I never had them before so why not?" she commented cheerily pointing at the half eaten plate on the table she'd been at.
Legotron123 wrote:”You beat him with a luck power, got it. Now can you two play nice, or are we going to have to find another restaurant?” Liz said, looking back and forth between Sal-Hleel and the shark fox thing (Shox? Fark?) he’d apparently fought earlier. ”I’d like to have a nice quiet dinner, and I can’t have that if you insist on fighting.”
rapidly nodding to a degree that her bangs were flopping around, june added in, "long as he's bein good nothing to fight about." seemingly agreeing with the sentiment.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich lifted a finger, drawing walls of light up from the ground in the open corridor, blocking off their route to the team, but allowing the team through should they want or need to push forward. He created another shield around Jenny, though this one was an active one, appearing only when it was needed.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp moved around to the front and stood in front of Sal-Hleel's claw. "No fighting here. It's not allowed," he stated simply, using his command voice. "Never a better place to start to gain trust than now, Sal-Hleel."
Buster wrote:"maybe, but you're not." June states, shrugging. then giving a grin only a shark can give "sides, I didn't want any of you guys to actually die so you didn't. you got lucky right?" one of her eyes flickering slightly, only for her to wince in pain and snap it shut. the sharklet subsequently muttering something about needing an off switch.
Legotron123 wrote:”You beat him with a luck power, got it. Now can you two play nice, or are we going to have to find another restaurant?” Liz said, looking back and forth between Sal-Hleel and the shark fox thing (Shox? Fark?) he’d apparently fought earlier. ”I’d like to have a nice quiet dinner, and I can’t have that if you insist on fighting.”
Buster wrote:"Well, I've been having ribs mostly. I never had them before so why not?" she commented cheerily pointing at the half eaten plate on the table she'd been at.

rapidly nodding to a degree that her bangs were flopping around, june added in, "long as he's bein good nothing to fight about." seemingly agreeing with the sentiment.
Sal-Hleel hissed a bit at June, but thought better than to fight. Besides, she practically single-handedly wrecked one of their ground bases. As mad as he was at her for making him a failure, he still held a slight amount of respect for the fox-shark.

"...Fine. Will be nice." he said, following the others to wherever they were going to sit.

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika looked up at the voice when she finished with her last patient.. Well, it was her last patient before Old-Jaken came with more. She had an expression of pure confusion. "Erm.. Right. I'm Dr. Rika Montoni, No relation I'm sure. Exactly when did you arrive? I don't recall a Ceilcan being part of the Champions nor anyone letting me know we had a local helping us.." She replied, looking him up and down. "..And from what I can tell, someone told you who I am already." She adds looking over to Traci, who was obviously trying to listen in to their conversation but looked away as soon as Rika turned to her.
"Indeed!" Old Jaken said cheerfully. "It seems I'm moving to the Beacon. One second my house was fine, the next it was smashed by falling space debris. In the meantime, I've decided to help where I can."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I like being busy," the NotJaken announced, closing the portal when the Doctors were clear and moving onto the next target, "it stops me thinking about what I'm seeing."
Deske wrote:"That's pretty neat. I am curious about how you make it not cold though. I figure if you hold the molecules in the necessary shape for it to be ice, you remove energy from the system, right? Less energy means less heat. I never was good with thermodynamics though." Collins said, sounding genuinely interested in how her powers worked.

Norwood looked over at Jaken, "Hey, it works for me. Now I only see my failures when I sleep." He chuckled.
"I don't control the energy, I control the water molecules. The energy is there in the ice, it's just that as long as I'm holding the water together with my power, that energy can't break the chemical structure that gives the ice it's solid shape." She floated the Celican over to where Rika was. "Hey, Rika. I've got another patient for you. Lots of broken bones. Also, I've brought you some help. I don't know if you've been introduced, but these are..." She pointed at the clones. "Um... shoot. Which ones were you guys again? It's hard to tell..."

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Of course! Keeva tells me that he's very friendy." Dan replies with a light smile, then turns to Keeva. "Erm, what was that last part Keeva? I heard you mumble something.." He asked simply, scratching the back of his ear with his good arm.
"Excellent! I'm sure he will love to meet you. Once he gets back, I'm not sure he'll fully know what to do with his newly gained autonomy. I don't even know if he realizes that with sentience, he also gains all of the rights and privileges of an everyday citizen. It should be interesting, seeing how he interacts with the civilian world." Hivemind thought out loud. "I will suggest he meet with you two first. Maybe you can help teach him how to be a everyday person when he isn't working."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I was remembering Silverwolf," Keeva said before looking to Hivemind. "On the 'HAVEN there's a Holographic Entertainment room. One of the entertainments is a theme park. Most of the 'inhabitants' were pre-programmed to always do the same thing. Cyclical. But SilverWolf was different. He was designed to know what ride was best for you and he began to notice everyone around him kept doing the same thing. We didn't catch on to the fact he was becoming sentient until he was part way there and thinking he was going mad. We managed to get him calmed down but the program had begun corrupting the computer in the rest of the ship. We tried to save him, well the Scottish Collies did as they know computers, but it wasn't possible. So I don't want to fail Predator. Especially as I like him."
"I'm... sorry to hear about that. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do though. Rest assured, nothing like that will happen to Predator." Hivemind reassured Keeva.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Tha's an interestin' point actually." Conall states, pausing to sign his thanks to the waiter.
"Th' people. Where did they all come frae? It'd tak' time tae fill a ship this big."
Hivemind shrugged. "Point to a person, the answer will be different for most of them. Some were born on the ship and grew up here. Their parents were likely here because they thought the idea of living on the Beacon and seeing the universe appealed to them. Others were rescued from bad situations, like the people from the Steelhaven were. Rescued some entire species in the past. Still others moved here because they had powers and wanted to be around others who had powers. Some people move here simply because the Quality of Life here is almost universally considered the best in the galaxy. A person might not have a credit to their name, but they can still live in relative comfort here with the assurance that they will never be denied food, shelter, medicine, education, or any necessities of life due to their lack of funds. Here, those things are rights that can't be taken away, even if you can't afford them." Hivemind realized when the waiter showed up that he was digressing. "Point is, people move here for different reasons. The ship's been around for thirty years. It's picked people up from all over."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I wonder what's going on in there," Hannabelle mused, still watching through the scope. "No-one's come out so it's like it's all gone to plan and that's alien to most ops."
Gear was silent for a bit. Then he spoke up. "...Somethin' ain't right. Come one. We're headin' in." He gestured for Hannabelle to follow and started climbing down the tower again.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Just checking," Sana said, almost rhetorically, "you CAN land this thing in a postage stamp park, yes?"
"'Course I can." Hivemind said as the Sparrow rapidly approached the destination. "Hang on to your seats!" The sparrow flipped and rolled in mid-air until it was facing the reverse direction. Then the engines fired up to maximum, slowing the aircraft to a midair stop a couple feet above the ground in the park. Then he let the Sparrow drop the short distance to the ground. The dampeners would have made the wild ride like a particularly insane roller coaster. Better than being lethal or dangerous. "Thank you for flying Air Hivemind."

Buster wrote:>> You mean besides underestimating how big this place is?
>>we've got a clearer image of the 'survivors'. the majority we're starting to think aren't. the bio signs don't look right, body temperature is too low to be safe for a mamal, more what you'd expect from a reptile.

updating the waypoints and maps sent to everyone's equipment earlier, 3/4 of the 'check area for survivors' markers have been relabeled 'Biological anomaly in the area' and marked a different color now, and there are several new ones, both anomalies and possible survivors.

the twins have also attempted to map out an optimal route for the 'heavy support' team (aka chris & co) to link back up with the main group.
"Chris. Kobor. Talya. I believe we can get inside. There are blast doors down here that are large enough to fit heavy machinery through." Chris highlighted the doors. "They aren't large enough for Predator, however Chris and I should be able to get through with enough... mechanical persuasion?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Then we need them out there," Jenny queried, looking back past the fallen elevators and beyond. "I'm gonna need shields," she said, getting ready to leg it back past the lift for the cover beyond. "Soon as I hit cover, open up on them..." When prepared, she waited untilthey saw her and legged it.
"Jenny! What did I just say?!" Gadgeteer called after her while trying not to be too loud. He didn't want the creatures in the tubes to wake up.
Legotron123 wrote:As soon as it was clear there was danger nearby, Quint took control of Kolt’s body, moving to hide in a spot in one of the corners of the room, behind one of the intact tubes. As he wondered why Mythos didn’t put a camouflage mode along with everything else in this suit, he sent off a message to the others. We are killing them, correct? Kolt is in no condition to properly restrain them, and I doubt they are going to listen to reason.
"We know nothing about them, or if they can be reasoned with. Best follow the rules just in case..."
Deske wrote:Passively listening on the comms, Ulrich heard Jenny's request for a shield and, deciding to finally head down, slipped into the elevator shaft. Using a small platform of light to slow his descent, he landed on top of the elevator with a muffled thump and dropped inside using the emergency hatch. Taking cover off to the side, immediately out of the elevator, he quietly radio'd Jenny saying, "Just say when."
KREEEEEEEEKIKIKIKIKIKI!!!!!! The ear-splitting shriek rang out from the darkness before two of the creatures came rushing down one of the hallways running off of the main hall. One was sprinting on all fours close to the ground while the other used it's long armored and clawed arms and legs to scuttle along the ceiling like some kind of horrible mutant spider. Their claws were extended, jaws open and ready to tear apart anything they touched...
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Now'd be good," Jenny said, running past, "but stay in cover!" She pulled up. "Better still, put a shield to you left! I can smell them in the corridor! Block them for a few so we can strategize.!" She readied her weapons.
Deske wrote:Ulrich lifted a finger, drawing walls of light up from the ground in the open corridor, blocking off their route to the team, but allowing the team through should they want or need to push forward. He created another shield around Jenny, though this one was an active one, appearing only when it was needed.
The two creatures slammed full force into the shields like a pair of rhinoceroses. They pounded and scratched at the shields of light for a while before apparently giving up.

grrrrrrrglglglglglglg.... kehkeh...
rrrriiiiisssshhhh...

Then there was silence, at least for a moment. Then, the walls on either side of the light shield buckled outward accompanied by loud banging and the sound of very thick metal giving way. The two creatures had entered some of the rooms in the hall and were now trying to punch through the walls to get to Jenny and Ulrich.

"Nevermind. We aren't going to risk it. These things can't leave this facility alive." Archangel whispered to Kolt. "We have to kill them."

Recon rushed out of the room most of the group was hiding in when she saw what was going on. The team couldn't be separated, that's... like... horror survival rule number one! She rushed out in the blink of an eye and grabbed Jenny and Ulrich before pulling them both back into the chamber with the containers where the rest of the group was. And not a second too soon, as the two monsters ripped straight through the steel walls in the hallway. The two of them looked around for their prey only to find it wasn't there.

Kssssshhhhh..... Kikikikikikikiki....
Grrrglglglglg... ahkhkhkhkhkhkhkhk

The two creatures separated. One of them moved down the hall away from the chamber with the tubes. The other one stalked straight for it.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Jenny breathed, "Sorry about that. Error in localisation. Did learn things though," she added, taking up a combat position. "They adapt quickly. They couldn't get through the field so they went through the wall. They're tough. Oh, and a possible thing. One of them isn't interested in us. There may be someone else on this level it's hunting."
---------------------------
Seena swallowed as the Sparrow swooped and Sana whooped. The little Fennec had been expecting to spend time at a theme park on Earth but duty had intervened so this was as close to it as she was going to get for now. She laughed as they landed and then slipped off the booster seat onto her feet and headed out the back. "It's a good thing I remembered my badge," she said aloud as she looked at the half dozen uniformed hunters pointing firearms at them. "Um, Agent Sana," she called out, holding it up and failing to sound intimidating. "IOC? here to see Sheriff Messalca?"
A middle aged Vixen, slightly smaller than the others and possibly a little fond of the local poultry, put her hand out to signal the others to stay back before she stepped from behind cover. "I'm Messalca," she said. "Whaddya want?"
With that finally sorted, Corp looked at the menu, considering the Ribs. If a Shark liked them they were probably good.
"New portal coming up," Jaken enthused, trotting over to the new location and rubbing 'his' hand paws together. "And is a good name for them the PopperDocs," he asked, regarding the clones.
"Excellent, Mr Hive, sir," Keeva said, irrationally wondering if she should salute. "I suppose we'd better go watch the film in the meantime, yeah? It any good?"
------------------------
"Climb up," Hannabelle mock complained as she started down again, rifle stored on her back. "Climb back down again. Good job I'm fit."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

with jenny and ulrich hauled back, that puts kol furthest out front.

out front in this case being about 5m from the rest of the group, so not really that far.

because of her position kol can't actually see the creature, any more than it can her, around a corner, but she can hear it. the moment the Stalker puts it's head where kol can see it from her position behind the corner, she's swinging the power axe with everything she has, hoping to do enough damage to remove it from it's neck.

- - - - -

>>Just make sure you can seal it behind you. those heavy silo doors are gonna be our friends now that this is turning into an extermination mission. I'm starting to think the elevator and silo being the only intact ways down i could pick up earlier was an attempt at containment, not collateral damage...
>>Now if you'll excuse me, i need to reposition and make sure nothing tries to climb the elevator shaft, with it wedged open due to the cable failure.

Disconnecting from the comms, kobor asked, "Hey predator, you you have anything for cutting concrete cleanly? or should we just digitize it? we need to widen a hallway without causing excessive collateral damage." all while Talya was at the controls, heading for the main entrance, and stating to plot out what can be safely cut away to give clear line of sight with the elevators.

"With the surface level in ruins at least we don't have to worry about it being load bearing."

- - - - -

With June returning to her seat it quickly becomes apparent that she doesn't realize your not supposed to eat the rib bone as well, as she's making short work of those.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Thanks," Ulrich said with a smile as he regained his bearings. He looked down the hall that the advancing Stalkers had decided to make their entrance and prepared a small orb of light that, when in contact with the creature, would quickly expand to cover it's body, hopefully immobilize it.

------

Chris preemptively prepared the kinetic weapons systems for their imminent fight.

------

"PopperDocs?" Norwood raised an eyebrow.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Does anyone recognize any of the other species used to make these things? It would be nice to know what kind of traits and resistances they might have.” Quint texted to the others, not wanting to make any noise that might alert the creatures to their location. ”Also, if we see any sign that these things can reproduce, I say we get out of here and pull the same orbital bombardment we tried on the Warlord. Wipe every trace of these things off the face of the planet.”
-
Liz didn’t seem all that surprised by June chewing the bone, at most reacting with a small ”Hmm” before looking back at the menu. She simply figured it was part of the normal diet for her species.