Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny pulled herself up and trudged over towards the feline. "We're kinda travelling heroes," she explained. "A bit like you. Hey," the Rat added, hoping to be amusing, "if it doesn't hurt you, can I try that levitation thing? We've been fighting all day and I'd like to take the weight off my feet for a moment?"
-------------------------------
"Cheers, Chuck," Sarah said to Hive before looking at a menu. "No deep fried Pizza, thank Dog. Angus burg'r?" She thought and looked up as they probably guessed she would. "Nae one ye' know, is it?"
------------------------------
"So, what to do after this," Keeva asked Dan.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt clenched his fists as Diligitus spoke. ”Then why haven’t you brought back L-“ He cut himself off before he got mad. He wanted them back. He wanted them back so bad. If there was anything Cupidas did right when trying to tempt him it was offer them back because he wanted to see them back more than anything. But regardless of what he wanted, there was something else that was more important. ”Do Lila and Alya want to come back?”
-
Liz gave a faint smirk as the Shipmaster gave Sal-hleel his new assignment. ”There are a few people on that list I would prefer not to win, but overall this is acceptable. As for my name, I am Elizabeth V. Walker, but most people call me Liz.” She said, starting to extend her hand out for a hand shake, before stopping. She compared the size of her hand to his, before deciding that he could just stick out a finger, and extending her arm all the way.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt clenched his fists as Diligitus spoke. ”Then why haven’t you brought back L-“ He cut himself off before he got mad. He wanted them back. He wanted them back so bad. If there was anything Cupidas did right when trying to tempt him it was offer them back because he wanted to see them back more than anything. But regardless of what he wanted, there was something else that was more important. ”Do Lila and Alya want to come back?”
"Thank you for controlling your anger." Diligitis said genuinely. "The answer is no, and I have asked them both. Lila feels she has found a new calling helping ascended souls adjust to my domain. Alya has been having a great deal of fun challenging other ascended heroes to friendly fights." His voices turned somewhat sad. "Please, do not think me cruel." he said. "My domain burns away all sadness, fear, hatred, greed... my light removes all darkness. It is why I allow good people to die. What awaits them is happiness beyond what mortal minds can comprehend. Mourn instead your enemies who live and die without light in them. Without that light to guide them and guard them, all that awaits them is pain."

At that moment, an image appeared in Kolt's mind. It was the hallucination he had during the training session the previous day of the terrified and tortured shell of Allsight. "In fact, you have seen this happen."

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"See," Corp said to Sal-Heel, "not so bad, is it?"
Sal-Hleel didn't answer. He was focusing on the confrontation/conversation between the Shipmaster and Liz.
Legotron123 wrote:Liz gave a faint smirk as the Shipmaster gave Sal-hleel his new assignment. ”There are a few people on that list I would prefer not to win, but overall this is acceptable. As for my name, I am Elizabeth V. Walker, but most people call me Liz.” She said, starting to extend her hand out for a hand shake, before stopping. She compared the size of her hand to his, before deciding that he could just stick out a finger, and extending her arm all the way.
The shipmaster laughed. "Unfortunately those are the ones who throw deadly fits if they don't win. Something I aim to remedy." Rather than shake with a finger, he just pretty much shook Liz's full arm once. "My name is Sep-Heth." The moment he said his name, Sal-Hleel's jaw dropped. "... I am not ashamed of my name, Sal-Hleel." He said in response. "It loosely means "slave-born". Or, more closely, "originating from lesser creatures"." the Shipmaster explained.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Hannabelle warned, putting a hand on the older Jaken's shoulder for mock emphasis, "you can either come up to the Beacon and see all the many lifeforms that call that home and travel to other planets - without passports, I might add - or you can stay here. If you stay here, you can either speak up and lead people or...," She smiled cunningly, leaving a glint in her eye, "you can stay quiet as those idiots on the Council do it badly."
The old man smiled and laughed. "Nice try. But for all you know, I'd be an even worse leader than them. Oh, good." He said, pointing a white paw at a nearby house. "Looks like my house made it out without a scra-"

As he was saying it, a hunk of burning space debris from the ship fights earlier streaked through the air, flaming as it cut through the atmosphere and slammed down on the old man's house. Then it exploded.

The man stood there, dumbstruck. Then, unexpectedly, he started laughing lightly. "You know, as soon as I started saying it, I had a feeling I would regret saying it. Didn't expect the universe to ironically punish me for it so eagerly though. Ah well." He turned back to Hannabelle. "I just hope my collection survived. All of my valuables are in a fairly secure safe."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'd say you should have more fun," the NotJaken told the Hivebot, "but a lot tell you that?
And you probably do. And it'd probably scare a Celican. A... normal Celican. Which isn't me. I don't do scared,
" he fibbed.
"Lucky I'm boring." Hivemind joked. "I have fun by randomly doing nice things for people." He said as they approached Lakarian City.

Hlaoroo wrote:Cailean laughs. "Ah'm nae sure which'd horrify them more, Sarah - yer love o' Scottish cuisine or yer Scottish boyfriend!" he jokes before looking down at his paws.
"Aye, sir, we probably shuid hae done tha'." he admits. "Ah guess Ah got carried away practisin' wi mah new gun though. It was th' first time Ah've had a chance tae use it. Conall an' Ah were on th' wye tae th' range tae try it oot when Insignia abducted us."

The dogs are taken aback by Hivemind's offer.
"Are ye sure? Ye dinnae hae tae dae tha'. Will ye join us fer dinner?"
Hivemind laughed. "Robot." he said simply in response to the dinner invitation. "And of course I don't have to do it. That's why I'm so glad to do it!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Cheers, Chuck," Sarah said to Hive before looking at a menu. "No deep fried Pizza, thank Dog. Angus burg'r?" She thought and looked up as they probably guessed she would. "Nae one ye' know, is it?"
"All meat on the ship is replicated." Hivemind said, apparently missing the joke. "No animals were harmed in the making of these burgers. Helps settle the nerves of some of the herbivorous species."

Buster wrote:"He was an interesting foe." Kol states, as if that answers the question, slowly etching the enamel until details started to take shape, working the material as the minutes ticked by. "Worth remembering."

she continues scratching into the tooth...
"Now I am even more curious about what you are carving." the drone said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Jenny said, trying not to sound weary, "I suppose we should offer you a place on the Beacon, Helen. But first we should check to make sure we can't help more people." She took a step and stumbled. "Although I suppose we could wait here until called," she added, sitting on some rubble. "My feet's get up has gone. How's the Feline, Rika?"
"This building..." She gestured to heaping mass of stone and rubble "Was our apartment. We will need a new home. Are you sure it would be OK for us to live on the Beacon?"

The Predator drone was looking at Jenny in a weird way.
Gameb18oy wrote:She would feel the pill seemingly gripped by unseen hands as the little Neko guided it to his mouth this way... you noticed he gave you a puzzled look after swallowing. “... thank you for helping me, but... Champions of what?” It was clear even if Hivemind had an idea what Sage was, the same couldn’t be said for the cat on who his saviors were.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny pulled herself up and trudged over towards the feline. "We're kinda travelling heroes," she explained. "A bit like you. Hey," the Rat added, hoping to be amusing, "if it doesn't hurt you, can I try that levitation thing? We've been fighting all day and I'd like to take the weight off my feet for a moment?"
"I'm sorry, you've been fighting all day? You're tired? You didn't even have a physical body to exhaust in that last fight! It was all my power core and my body everyone was using, and I kept fighting with you even with a fang jammed in one of my joints for most of the fight." The Predator clearly wasn't amused. "If anyone has the right to be tired, it is me. I'm going to keep going though and I will not rest until I get confirmation that the job is done."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny pulled herself up and trudged over towards the feline. "We're kinda travelling heroes," she explained. "A bit like you. Hey," the Rat added, hoping to be amusing, "if it doesn't hurt you, can I try that levitation thing? We've been fighting all day and I'd like to take the weight off my feet for a moment?"
"I'm sorry, you've been fighting all day? You're tired? You didn't even have a physical body to exhaust in that last fight! It was all my power core and my body everyone was using, and I kept fighting with you even with a fang jammed in one of my joints for most of the fight." The Predator clearly wasn't amused. "If anyone has the right to be tired, it is me. I'm going to keep going though and I will not rest until I get confirmation that the job is done."
Sage saw no reason to say no, the rat looked light enough so what was the harm of putting her a few inches up in the air... though noting... the robot's of all things irritation, he decided not to give her much more than the bare minimum on balancing her. Any wild movements would send the rat moving in circles. "... Machines... can get tired?" He asked the predator, just as his eyes began to glow and the flames on his tails seemed to shine brighter, the rat now looked like a proper Neko, though of course that would change if she even made an attempt to fly.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of...whoa, that's weird," Jenny said as she lifted up, taking the pressure off tired feet and feeling the blood thunder into her pads. "Helen, of course he'll invite you. Probably best to ask him, though," he added, gesturing to the Hive drone. "And you're right, of course, Predator," she said, "us biologicals get tired a bit more easily, fella. But you're right. None of this would be possible without you. So tell me," she added, looking toward the giant, "what do you need right now?"
-------------------------------
Hannabelle looked at the rubble in utter bemusement, trying to shift the impulse to ask Hive if he'd just... Nah. He wouldn't have. Would he? "Some people ASK for a sign from the heavens," she said slowly, before shaking her head. "Come on, let's check for people and things." She led the way.
"Whoa," NotJaken said as he had a look at pictures of the city, "he was really ****** at this city, weren't he?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm not certain yet, I have a few ideas, but i'm still working on that." She explains, before realizing the others had returned, part of her still wondering where kolt had gone off to, her first theory out the window. Greeting the others warmly, kol doesn't get very far through her words before noticing the (diminutive from her perspective) stranger. "Jenny, Traci, you... er, wait, Who's the [rhoui slang term, adolescent juvenile, afectionate]?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana was a bit amused by Predator's thoughts. "Heh, true. You did a hefty chunk of the work. Though to be fair, mental exhaustion is a thing. Take it from the liquid that passed out on a beach." She said, looking out over what was once a city, a myriad of emotions going through her mind upon seeing just how quickly such devastation had spread.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Sage wrote:“... thank you for helping me, but... Champions of what?”
Jenny wrote:"We're kinda travelling heroes," she explained. "A bit like you. Hey," the Rat added, hoping to be amusing, "if it doesn't hurt you, can I try that levitation thing? We've been fighting all day and I'd like to take the weight off my feet for a moment?"
The Preadator wrote:"I'm sorry, you've been fighting all day? You're tired? You didn't even have a physical body to exhaust in that last fight! It was all my power core and my body everyone was using, and I kept fighting with you even with a fang jammed in one of my joints for most of the fight." The Predator clearly wasn't amused. "If anyone has the right to be tired, it is me. I'm going to keep going though and I will not rest until I get confirmation that the job is done."
Sage wrote: "... Machines... can get tired?"
"Preadator here is a sentient AI, only since recently I believe, and was very much paramount to winning the fight against the Vanarian Warlord." Rika said calmly. "Anyway, You should feel much better now. I'm just taking these splints off so you can move physically. Also, I don't think any of us have asked your name.." She added as she removed the splints.

Traci, who had put Rika's pod down and gotten up, was pacing lightly nearby to keep herself occupied.

-----
Keeva wrote:"So, what to do after this,"
Dan just shrugged in reply. He was chewing the last mouthful of his food, thinking only of how lucky he was to be with the feline in front of him and how delicious the food was.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt sighed, trying to ignore the image of Allsight. He felt so conflicted right now. He wanted his Wards back so bad, but at the same time, they were happy where they were, and he didn’t want to take that away from them. He decided to focus his mind on something else to avoid the stress. ”What’s it like in your realm? I mean, I get that it’s all sunshine and rainbows and never ending happiness, but what is it like physically? What is the first thing someone sees when they end up there?”
-
Liz frowned as Sep-Heth explained the meaning of his name. ”Let me guess, you didn’t pick it yourself.” She sighed. ”The more I learn about your society, the more I wonder why the people at the top haven’t already had their heads cut off and placed on pikes.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt sighed, trying to ignore the image of Allsight. He felt so conflicted right now. He wanted his Wards back so bad, but at the same time, they were happy where they were, and he didn’t want to take that away from them. He decided to focus his mind in something else to avoid the stress. ”What’s it like in your realm? I mean, I get that it’s all sunshine and rainbows and never ending happiness, but what is it like physically? What is the first thing someone sees when they end up there?”
"A difficult question to answer... Impossible even... My realm is not bound or limited by physical laws, and it cannot be accurately described in terms of physical senses..." Diligitis was struggling to answer how to describe something that was infinite, non-physical, and beyond comprehension in terms of mundane physical senses like sight and sound. "If you were asleep, I could show it to you in it's fullest. However, I regret the words do not exist that would allow me to describe it."

--------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Liz frowned as Sep-Heth explained the meaning of his name. ”Let me guess, you didn’t pick it yourself.” She sighed. ”The more I learn about your society, the more I wonder why the people at the top haven’t already had their heads cut off and placed on pikes.”
"Oh, they have in the past. Then they are replaced by the next strongest person much like I replaced Havoch."

To the comment about his name, he tilted his head. "Did you choose your own name? I did not realize that was a human custom." He shrugged. "Mother was a Corytophian slave. Father, if you could call him such, was her owner. His mate made him give me that name, after... grrr..." He shook his head and changed the subject. "It was why I respected Havoch. It was why I considered him a friend. He did not see my status or birth, only that I was nearly as strong as he was. He only cared about strength. I had it, so he... purchased... my freedom and took me in." He sighed. "As we later saw, his obsession with strength had a double-edge."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle looked at the rubble in utter bemusement, trying to shift the impulse to ask Hive if he'd just... Nah. He wouldn't have. Would he? "Some people ASK for a sign from the heavens," she said slowly, before shaking her head. "Come on, let's check for people and things." She led the way.
"I would like to see first if my collection survived, among other things." He said, walking up to the ruins of his house. He went around back and was gone for a few minutes. Then he showed up again, walking down the path from the back yard to the street. He had what looked like an armored backpack on his back. "Got it. I'm ready!" he said cheerily.

A hive droid nearby noticed him and spoke up. "That's a Champion Grade Hyperspace Field Pack! How did you get one of those?"

"Gift." he said simply, shrugging.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Whoa," NotJaken said as he had a look at pictures of the city, "he was really ****** at this city, weren't he?"
"Language. And yes, they were the only ones who were actually repelling the ground forces. They were also the only city that didn't request Champion assistance." He said as the Sparrow landed in the street where the rest of the Champion group was.

- - - - -
Gameb18oy wrote:Sage saw no reason to say no, the rat looked light enough so what was the harm of putting her a few inches up in the air... though noting... the robot's of all things irritation, he decided not to give her much more than the bare minimum on balancing her. Any wild movements would send the rat moving in circles. "... Machines... can get tired?" He asked the predator, just as his eyes began to glow and the flames on his tails seemed to shine brighter, the rat now looked like a proper Neko, though of course that would change if she even made an attempt to fly.
"Well... no, technically not in the sense you do, but still..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of...whoa, that's weird," Jenny said as she lifted up, taking the pressure off tired feet and feeling the blood thunder into her pads. "Helen, of course he'll invite you. Probably best to ask him, though," he added, gesturing to the Hive drone. "And you're right, of course, Predator," she said, "us biologicals get tired a bit more easily, fella. But you're right. None of this would be possible without you. So tell me," she added, looking toward the giant, "what do you need right now?"
"That isn't really my point. The point is you should not feel tired from the fight when you were using my body to fight it. You didn't exert yourself in your own body, so your body shouldn't be tired." Predator replied.

Helen finally let her kids back down on solid ground. Keeping one eye on them to make sure they didn't run off, she started talking to the nearest Hive droid.

Meanwhile, the older of the two girls had wandered to MT-694. She was looking up at him with an expression of wonder, holding a little plush dragon in her hand.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana was a bit amused by Predator's thoughts. "Heh, true. You did a hefty chunk of the work. Though to be fair, mental exhaustion is a thing. Take it from the liquid that passed out on a beach." She said, looking out over what was once a city, a myriad of emotions going through her mind upon seeing just how quickly such devastation had spread.
Predator hadn't thought about that. "I suppose that's fair... Whatever. Moving on then... Hivemind, what's next?"

"Next, while the Steeles work on finding and freeing people, I would like you all to find and arrest the owner of Monta Weapontech. He should be holed up in a bunker on his company's compound."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’m going to take you up on that offer of seeing it in my sleep. I’d love to see Lila and Alya doing what they love again.” Kolt said, clearly still sad, but resigned to the fact that he wasn’t getting them back any time soon. As he stood up to leave, he still had one thing he wanted to ask the Aspect. ”You know that calming aura thing you did with Tats shell? Could... could you do that again? Just to make me feel a bit better?”
-
”Actually, yes. I don’t know about this dimension, but it wasn’t too uncommon for people to let their kids name themselves in my dimension. Though it usually only happened with those born to or raised by wolves like I was.” Liz said, likely surprising some of the other people in the room who didn’t already know the nature of animals in her universe. Once Sep-Heth started talking about his relationship with the Warlord, her face took a much more melancholy look. ”I... know what that’s like. To get close to someone, only for your relationship with them to sour, and now all the qualities you admired about them suddenly seem so nasty. It’s not pleasant to say the least.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A man of secrets," Hannabelle mused. "Bear in mind this guy'll uncover them in time - probably," she added breezily, indicating the drone. "But let's head to the next place we're needed, yeah? Where is that, Hive," she asked, planning on headed back to the Sparrow.
---------------------------
"Well, good to have you here, Sal-Heel," Corp stated.
The NotJaken trotted out into the light and looked at the devastation. There was something he had to do and he needed to do it now. He hurried over and gave Rika a hug. "Miss me," he asked.
-------------------------
"I don't know what to tell you, Predator," Jenny admitted. "but I apologise if I offended you, fella. You with us as we go for this guy?" She checked over her guns.
------------------------
"We might try the culture," Keeva mused. "see what's on at the local flicks - if there is one."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Hivemind laughed. "Robot." he said simply in response to the dinner invitation. "And of course I don't have to do it. That's why I'm so glad to do it!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Cheers, Chuck," Sarah said to Hive before looking at a menu. "No deep fried Pizza, thank Dog. Angus burg'r?" She thought and looked up as they probably guessed she would. "Nae one ye' know, is it?"
"All meat on the ship is replicated." Hivemind said, apparently missing the joke. "No animals were harmed in the making of these burgers. Helps settle the nerves of some of the herbivorous species."
"Aye, Ah ken tha' yer a robot but Ah thought... Ah, never mind."
"Angus?" Cailean asks before dropping to his knees and howling.
"Nae! Poor, poor Angus! He was such a good cow!" the dog sniffs for a moment and then bounces back to his footpaws with a grin.
"Well Ah'm sure he'll taste good. An' there are plenty o' Anguses where he came frae."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
Sage wrote:“... thank you for helping me, but... Champions of what?”
Jenny wrote:"We're kinda travelling heroes," she explained. "A bit like you. Hey," the Rat added, hoping to be amusing, "if it doesn't hurt you, can I try that levitation thing? We've been fighting all day and I'd like to take the weight off my feet for a moment?"
The Preadator wrote:"I'm sorry, you've been fighting all day? You're tired? You didn't even have a physical body to exhaust in that last fight! It was all my power core and my body everyone was using, and I kept fighting with you even with a fang jammed in one of my joints for most of the fight." The Predator clearly wasn't amused. "If anyone has the right to be tired, it is me. I'm going to keep going though and I will not rest until I get confirmation that the job is done."
Sage wrote: "... Machines... can get tired?"
"Preadator here is a sentient AI, only since recently I believe, and was very much paramount to winning the fight against the Vanarian Warlord." Rika said calmly. "Anyway, You should feel much better now. I'm just taking these splints off so you can move physically. Also, I don't think any of us have asked your name.." She added as she removed the splints.

Traci, who had put Rika's pod down and gotten up, was pacing lightly nearby to keep herself occupied.
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Sage saw no reason to say no, the rat looked light enough so what was the harm of putting her a few inches up in the air... though noting... the robot's of all things irritation, he decided not to give her much more than the bare minimum on balancing her. Any wild movements would send the rat moving in circles. "... Machines... can get tired?" He asked the predator, just as his eyes began to glow and the flames on his tails seemed to shine brighter, the rat now looked like a proper Neko, though of course that would change if she even made an attempt to fly.
"Well... no, technically not in the sense you do, but still..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of...whoa, that's weird," Jenny said as she lifted up, taking the pressure off tired feet and feeling the blood thunder into her pads. "Helen, of course he'll invite you. Probably best to ask him, though," he added, gesturing to the Hive drone. "And you're right, of course, Predator," she said, "us biologicals get tired a bit more easily, fella. But you're right. None of this would be possible without you. So tell me," she added, looking toward the giant, "what do you need right now?"
"That isn't really my point. The point is you should not feel tired from the fight when you were using my body to fight it. You didn't exert yourself in your own body, so your body shouldn't be tired." Predator replied.
"I'm Sage" He said curtly as he was asked for his name... He began to float a bit now that he was given permission to move, stretching a bit. "...hmm, it normal to feel mildly better than even before you got injured under your care?" He lazily floated over to the robot even before he got an answer. His gaze suggested curiosity. "... what tech are you made of anyway? My elders didn't let us interact much with other planets populations... but I'm guessing its pretty neat stuff if you can hold a conversation" He was looking over every inch of the bot after saying this. "Is there something on them that would tell me where they were made? Are there others like them?' These questions were clearly aimed at the other champions present.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm pretty sure our friend Predator is unique," Jenny said, managing to offer a smile as she spoke. "And I meant that word, Predator."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”I’m going to take you up in that offer of seeing it in my sleep. I’d love to see Lila and Alya doing what they love again.” Kolt said, clearly still sad, but resigned to the fact that he wasn’t getting them back any time soon. As he stood up to leave, he still had one thing he wanted to ask the Aspect. ”You know that calming aura thing you did with Tats shell? Could... could you do that again? Just to make me feel a bit better?”
"I could... But I don't need to. All you must do to feel better is take a deep breath, close your eyes, and think about how you are going to see Lila and Alya again tonight, and every night you wish."

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”Actually, yes. I don’t know about this dimension, but it wasn’t too uncommon for people to let their kids name themselves in my dimension. Though it usually only happened with those born to or raised by wolves like I was.” Liz said, likely surprising some of the other people in the room who didn’t already know the nature of animals in her universe. Once Sep-Heth started talking about his relationship with the Warlord, her face took a much more melancholy look. ”I... know what that’s like. To get close to someone, only for your relationship with them to sour, and now all the qualities you admired about them suddenly seem so nasty. It’s not pleasant to say the least.”
"You... are an odd human, aren't you..." Sep-Heth said, tilting his head quizzically. "Next you will tell me said someone was a tiger who turned out to be a galactic pirate lord..." He said, laughing and completely oblivious to the fact that his attempt at humor through an oddly specific and ridiculous guess was in fact completely 100% accurate.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, good to have you here, Sal-Heel," Corp stated.
"Will see how good later. Still, better than dinner."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"A man of secrets," Hannabelle mused. "Bear in mind this guy'll uncover them in time - probably," she added breezily, indicating the drone. "But let's head to the next place we're needed, yeah? Where is that, Hive," she asked, planning on headed back to the Sparrow.
"Lakarian City. Specifically the Monta Weapontech compound." Hivemind said as the old Jaken and Hannabelle climbed into the Sparrow. "There is someone there I need to arrest."

(Deske)
"Doctors, please board the Sparrow. Old Jaken is coming with us."

------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Aye, Ah ken tha' yer a robot but Ah thought... Ah, never mind."
"Angus?" Cailean asks before dropping to his knees and howling.
"Nae! Poor, poor Angus! He was such a good cow!" the dog sniffs for a moment and then bounces back to his footpaws with a grin.
"Well Ah'm sure he'll taste good. An' there are plenty o' Anguses where he came frae."
Hivemind shook his head at Cailean's overly dramatic display, a little embarrassed as some people nearby were staring. He ignored them and signed a response to Conall. "I suppose there isn't any harm in me joining you for conversation while you eat."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I don't know what to tell you, Predator," Jenny admitted. "but I apologise if I offended you, fella. You with us as we go for this guy?" She checked over her guns.
"It's ok... I'm not... offended. Honestly, I have no idea why I acted that way..." Predator stated, sounding concerned.
Gameb18oy wrote:"I'm Sage" He said curtly as he was asked for his name... He began to float a bit now that he was given permission to move, stretching a bit. "...hmm, it normal to feel mildly better than even before you got injured under your care?" He lazily floated over to the robot even before he got an answer. His gaze suggested curiosity. "... what tech are you made of anyway? My elders didn't let us interact much with other planets populations... but I'm guessing its pretty neat stuff if you can hold a conversation" He was looking over every inch of the bot after saying this. "Is there something on them that would tell me where they were made? Are there others like them?' These questions were clearly aimed at the other champions present.
"Well, there's this..." The droid pointed to the hive symbol on his forehead. It consisted of six points of varying colors, with five of them surrounding the sixth in a pentagon. Each node was connected to it's adjacent nodes by a line engraved in the metal. "Hivemind built me. When I became sentient, I lost connection to him. Perhaps I should get a symbol of my own."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'm pretty sure our friend Predator is unique," Jenny said, managing to offer a smile as she spoke. "And I meant that word, Predator."
The droid couldn't show it physically, but he was flattered by what Jenny said. "Thank you... no matter what you meant by that, it means a lot."

- - - - -

(Buster)
Meanwhile, in the simulated environment inside the Predator Drone, the droid spoke out to the Kaal twins. "Have you calmed down? Things are... not quite as insane out here now. At least, there aren't any physics breaking old people that I can see any more."

- - - - -
Buster wrote:"I'm not certain yet, I have a few ideas, but i'm still working on that." She explains, before realizing the others had returned, part of her still wondering where kolt had gone off to, her first theory out the window. Greeting the others warmly, kol doesn't get very far through her words before noticing the (diminutive from her perspective) stranger. "Jenny, Traci, you... er, wait, Who's the [rhoui slang term, adolescent juvenile, afectionate]?"
Predator was about to answer Kol when he saw something approaching. It was a small Varanian transport ship. The drone knew there was a ceasefire in effect, but he prepared himself anyway.

The ship landed and three Varanians got out of it. The three of them were about the same size and rank as each other from the looks of it. Basic footsoldiers if the armor was anything to go by. They did not visibly have any weapons on them, and the middle soldier had a number of hastily applied bandages on his arms, shoulders, and head. The three of them marched toward the group in unison.

MT turned his attention to the newcomers and away from the small child, who, upon seeing the Varanians, quickly ran back to her mother. The woman embraced her kids, growling at the Varanians and keeping between them and her children. As the Varanians continued to get closer to the group, Gadgeteer moved in to see what they were doing.

The Varanians stepped forward and stopped in front of Kol. At once, all three of them saluted, and the middle one held out a large envelope for Kol to take. Gadgeteer stepped forward to see if he could help interpret or translate anything.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"You heard him, back you go," Denver said to the rest, and they complied, filing onto the ship and taking their seats.

------

Chris looked over the approaching Varanians, but, seeing as they had no weapons, he didn't really consider them too much of a threat, much less so when they handed Kol an envelope.

------

"I think, it is because you are like a teenager. You have grown very fast and have not really had time to figure out who you want to be. Most children tend to take after those around them, I wonder if the same can be said for you," Ulrich said after a few moments of thought as to why Predator was acting the way he was.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana kept the Vanarians in her view, though spoke to Predator. "Ooh, yeah! You should totally get your own symbol! Huh, you think that now you're kinda your own being now Hive's gonna pay ya? Get merchandising deals?" She was silent for a moment as a thought flew through her mind. "Huh, kinda makes me wonder what the news cycles are gonna say about me after that mech business... Doubt they'd be able to dig up anything from the Rim but you never know. Them vultures are the type to visit them Rim once a quarter."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Surprised at the new arrivals, kol set down the partial carving. She coudn't be certain, but given how oddly specific an injury shoulder lacerations were, and her own fighting style, she had a hunch these might be survivors of one of the squads they had taken down. particularly the ones she had tried to tear limb from limb. rising and stepping forward to meet them, kol took the offered envelope, giving it a quick lookover, before opening it. Of course since there is effectively 0% change the writing is in a language from her home-world, she winds up having to ask for a translation.

- - - - -

in the intervening time Kobor had rejoined talya in the quiet room, not wanting to see if the proto-ai hosting them would pick up an imprint of her aggressive side if it started acting up.

"Yeah, you can let us back in the cockpit if you want. Though i doubt there's much left to do with the other side's fleet disabled and their ground forces routed."

"Besides remind MT to shut down the weapons batteries you still have slaved to him? they should be rebooted by now."

"...Right, besides that."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That shows something, Kol," Jenny said, trotting over after taking a caffeine pill. "These guys value strength and they come straight to you."
-----------------------
"The two good things about taking him alive," Hannabelle announced as she strapped herself in, "is that I don't have to stain my already sodden soul with his life and the fact that you can make him wish he were dead, Hive. Let's get this done with so I can go hug my grandcubs."
-----------------------
The NotJaken took a look around after getting out and wondered how to scan for lifesigns. All anidroids could do that in the vids.
----------------------
Sarah had a thought and looked to Hive. "Uh, an Angus's a cat'le type, y'ken?"
---------------------
Corp stiffened visibly at the comment about Tigers. "That's... awfully specific," he intoned, making fists in his concern as he glanced at Liz and Lewis.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:"I'm Sage" He said curtly as he was asked for his name... He began to float a bit now that he was given permission to move, stretching a bit. "...hmm, it normal to feel mildly better than even before you got injured under your care?" He lazily floated over to the robot even before he got an answer. His gaze suggested curiosity. "... what tech are you made of anyway? My elders didn't let us interact much with other planets populations... but I'm guessing its pretty neat stuff if you can hold a conversation" He was looking over every inch of the bot after saying this. "Is there something on them that would tell me where they were made? Are there others like them?' These questions were clearly aimed at the other champions present.
"Well, there's this..." The droid pointed to the hive symbol on his forehead. It consisted of six points of varying colors, with five of them surrounding the sixth in a pentagon. Each node was connected to it's adjacent nodes by a line engraved in the metal. "Hivemind built me. When I became sentient, I lost connection to him. Perhaps I should get a symbol of my own."
Deske wrote: "I think, it is because you are like a teenager. You have grown very fast and have not really had time to figure out who you want to be. Most children tend to take after those around them, I wonder if the same can be said for you," Ulrich said after a few moments of thought as to why Predator was acting the way he was.
Sage... was momentarily confused by what the term teenager meant... and decided it must mean he was still developing when he thought through what was said, unaware he probably looked and sounded like one himself. He focused on what Predator said though as he eyed the symbol. ”so you aren’t fond of it?” He asked... almost as quickly as he asks his paw glows and gives a strong amount of heat. “If you’d like, maybe I could change it here. What do you think be cool? Maybe a demon? Some lightning bolts? Could even be your name if you want it to be practical... um what is your name anyway? Predator... it doesn’t sound like a name to me.”
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt frowned, but did what the Aspect suggested, focusing on how he was going to see his Wards again tonight. While it didn’t have the same affect as Diligitus’ aura, it did make him feel better. ”Thanks for the talk. You’re not the only one who enjoys them.” He said before flying off, looking forward to tonight. The group of Varanians talking to his teammates surprised him, and he placed down gently, eyeing the newcomers warily. ”What’s all this about?”
-
Liz stared at Sep-Heth for a moment, a hard to read expression on her face. Eventually, she spoke up. ”I can’t tell if that was a pathetic attempt at fishing for information, or if you really don’t know how on the nail you were with that joke.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Surprised at the new arrivals, kol set down the partial carving. She coudn't be certain, but given how oddly specific an injury shoulder lacerations were, and her own fighting style, she had a hunch these might be survivors of one of the squads they had taken down. particularly the ones she had tried to tear limb from limb. rising and stepping forward to meet them, kol took the offered envelope, giving it a quick lookover, before opening it. Of course since there is effectively 0% change the writing is in a language from her home-world, she winds up having to ask for a translation.
Gadgeteer looked at the center Varanian with a curious gaze, recognizing the center one as the one Kol pinned in their first fight before blasting him off of the roof. He took the letter Kol pulled out of the envelope. He opened the letter and started reading it to himself first, hoping to come up with a good way to translate what it says. A couple of times, he looked up from the letter and glanced at the nervous looking center Varanian, all the while trying to use the letter to hide his increasingly amused grin.

Once he finished reading, he put on a straight face and cleared his throat. "Seems you have an admirer, Kol. This is a love letter. A really flattering one at that..." He looks back at the letter. "It starts by referring to you as "Unstoppable havoch." A havoch is a creature native to Varan. Four horns, really big, really strong. It's a symbol of persistence, strength, and determination. Being compared to one by a Varanian is a high compliment."

He continued reading through again. "A lot of this doesn't really translate very well. It says he wishes he could consider himself your equal, but expresses his regrets that you are so far above him in strength, status, and renown that to be equal to you is an unobtainable dream. He laments he might not see you again, and will hold on to the memory of your fight for the rest of his life in order to motivate himself to continue to get stronger." Gadgeteer translated.

- - - - -
Deske wrote:"I think, it is because you are like a teenager. You have grown very fast and have not really had time to figure out who you want to be. Most children tend to take after those around them, I wonder if the same can be said for you," Ulrich said after a few moments of thought as to why Predator was acting the way he was.
"Maybe?" Predator shrugged. "I hope it does not get too chaotic. I do not like to imagine an emotional 40 foot tall teenager with weapons, do you?"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana kept the Vanarians in her view, though spoke to Predator. "Ooh, yeah! You should totally get your own symbol! Huh, you think that now you're kinda your own being now Hive's gonna pay ya? Get merchandising deals?" She was silent for a moment as a thought flew through her mind. "Huh, kinda makes me wonder what the news cycles are gonna say about me after that mech business... Doubt they'd be able to dig up anything from the Rim but you never know. Them vultures are the type to visit them Rim once a quarter."
"Of course I'm going to pay him, Tatiana." Hivemind said, walking over after talking to the Helen. "Same amount as everyone else who fought today. And I agree, you should get your own symbol, Predator."
Gameb18oy wrote:Sage... was momentarily confused by what the term teenager meant... and decided it must mean he was still developing when he thought through what was said, unaware he probably looked and sounded like one himself. He focused on what Predator said though as he eyed the symbol. ”so you aren’t fond of it?” He asked... almost as quickly as he asks his paw glows and gives a strong amount of heat. “If you’d like, maybe I could change it here. What do you think be cool? Maybe a demon? Some lightning bolts? Could even be your name if you want it to be practical... um what is your name anyway? Predator... it doesn’t sound like a name to me.”
"Technically my name is not Predator. My name is technically W.A.R. 313. I am called Predator due to my stealth mode and original function of hunting targets down and capturing them." The droid said. "And if you don't mind, I would rather a professional handle the new symbol."

- - - - -
Buster wrote:in the intervening time Kobor had rejoined talya in the quiet room, not wanting to see if the proto-ai hosting them would pick up an imprint of her aggressive side if it started acting up.

"Yeah, you can let us back in the cockpit if you want. Though i doubt there's much left to do with the other side's fleet disabled and their ground forces routed."

"Besides remind MT to shut down the weapons batteries you still have slaved to him? they should be rebooted by now."

"...Right, besides that."
The simulated environment started to fade and was replaced by the view of what Predator was seeing at that moment. While he moved the twins to the "cockpit", he alerted MT about the weapons.

"I already shut them down." the other mech replied. "Did as soon as I woke up."

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt frowned, but did what the Aspect suggested, focusing on how he was going to see his Wards again tonight. While it didn’t have the same affect as Diligitus’ aura, it did make him feel a little bit better. ”Thanks for the talk. You’re not the only one who enjoys them.” He said before flying off. The group of Varanians talking to his teammates surprised him, and he placed down gently, eyeing the newcomers warily. ”What’s all this about?”
"It sounds like that Varanian has a crush on Kol..." Recon replied somewhat quietly to Kolt's question while pointing at the injured center Varanian.

-----------------------------
Deske wrote:"You heard him, back you go," Denver said to the rest, and they complied, filing onto the ship and taking their seats.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The two good things about taking him alive," Hannabelle announced as she strapped herself in, "is that I don't have to stain my already sodden soul with his life and the fact that you can make him wish he were dead, Hive. Let's get this done with so I can go hug my grandcubs."
"The third good thing is we get to find out what he knows." The Sparrow sped off toward Monta Weapontech.

It didn't take long. The town was on the outskirts of Lakarian city, where the weapons company had it's headquarters. The Sparrow dropped down a half of a mile away from the actual location, however. "We don't want to make a scene, and the Sparrow is easily noticeable." The doors opened to a grinning old cyborg carrying a practically antique rifle in his hands.

"Looks like yer with me, sniper. We're gonna be waitin' in case 'e makes a run fer it." Gear said, offering a hand to help Hannabelle out of the vehicle. Hivemind wondered what her reaction would be. Gear is after all, one of the most famous and renowned snipers in the galaxy, if not the most.

"Right. Doctors, stay in the sparrow. I'm sending you to where the Steele family is. You'll be helping them with survivors."

Hivemind turned to gear and asked him quietly. "And I've been meaning to ask... where did the accent come from and what is it?"

"It's a fake one I made up a long time ago to help sell the old janitor routine. Spoke it fer so long, it became a habit." he said, trying to go back to his original accent, only mostly successfully.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah had a thought and looked to Hive. "Uh, an Angus's a cat'le type, y'ken?"
"I'm aware. I was more reacting to the people staring." Hivemind commented. "so, are we going to head inside?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp stiffened visibly at the comment about Tigers. "That's... awfully specific," he intoned, making fists in his concern as he glanced at Liz and Lewis.
Legotron123 wrote:Liz stared at Sep-Heth for a moment, a hard to read expression on her face. Eventually, she spoke up. ”I can’t tell if that was a pathetic attempt at fishing for information, or if you really don’t know how on the nail you were with that joke.”
The shipmaster looked at the captain and leaned close again to inspect her. "...You're serious?! I made that joke so specific because I thought there would be no possible way it would actually be the case. You're telling me it is the case? That my joke is exactly correct?" He leaned back again and studied her from his normal standing position. "Who are you? Really? How is all of this possible? As much as I respect them, rhino and elephant medics? Wolves raising humans? Tigers becoming pirate lords?" He looked down briefly as if he just realized something, but then dismissed the thought and looked back at Liz.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Gadgeteer looked at the center Varanian with a curious gaze, recognizing the center one as the one Kol pinned in their first fight before blasting him off of the roof. He took the letter Kol pulled out of the envelope. He opened the letter and started reading it to himself first, hoping to come up with a good way to translate what it says. A couple of times, he looked up from the letter and glanced at the nervous looking center Varanian, all the while trying to use the letter to hide his increasingly amused grin.

Once he finished reading, he put on a straight face and cleared his throat. "Seems you have an admirer, Kol. This is a love letter. A really flattering one at that..." He looks back at the letter. "It starts by referring to you as "Unstoppable havoch." A havoch is a creature native to Varan. Four horns, really big, really strong. It's a symbol of persistence, strength, and determination. Being compared to one by a Varanian is a high compliment."

He continued reading through again. "A lot of this doesn't really translate very well. It says he wishes he could consider himself your equal, but expresses his regrets that you are so far above him in strength, status, and renown that to be equal to you is an unobtainable dream. He laments he might not see you again, and will hold on to the memory of your fight for the rest of his life in order to motivate himself to continue to get stronger." Gadgeteer translated.
"Would this be a bad time to point out that among my own kind I'm a [gladiator] and a miner, not an actual warrior?" Kol questions under her breath, addressing her teammate as discretely as the situation allows. "I've always been too slow to be brought on hunts or raids. Being considered a proper warrior, is a recent thing."

She was flattered that the younger warrior thought so highly of her. and, now that she wasn't in the midst of a fight, she could admit that his build and the quality of his scales was easy on the eyes... though the lack of fur was a little offputing. Besides, she'd already had two mates in her lifetime. she didn't need a third, especially at her age.

as a show of respect, in her own way atleast, she figured she could atleast let him see behind the helm, as she undid the chinguard and lifted it free with her back arms. keeping it perched on the shoulder with the 'trophy' pauldron pulled from the Varanian unit commander's armor attached to it. the old scar across her right eye socket, the gray streaks fading the once vibrant purple of her fur, save for the red 'warpaint' like stripes of dye, and scales that have tarnished with age, all out in the open now.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Sage pouted at Predator’s response to his offer, mumbling ”I am a professional” but the flames quickly disappear, and he focuses on the other bits of information given to him. “... yeah that other title is even worse, but Predator... it’s so... well evil sounding honestly. Do the champions see themselves as bad guys or something?” He looked over in the direction of the little kids and their mother. “... we aren’t your targets, are we?”
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hey, Kol," Jenny said sweetly, "looks like you've won a few of them over to our side. You rule, lady!"

After a moment, she crossed to Helen and the Cubs and knelt to put her hands on Hannah's shoulders. "They're not going to let them hurt you, sweetheart," she told the girl, keeping her volume down so only those in front of her could hear clearly. "I don't think they're here for a fight and, if they are?" She grinned. "Your mom and the rest of us will kick their butts. Y'got that?"
--------------------
"You go with the Doctors'," Hannabelle told the old Jaken, patting his hand, "I know they're going to be meeting the Steeles' but I'd rather local instincts were on hand, yeah?" She stood and headed to the exit, taking Gear's hand to leave. "And now I meet one of the few who might be better than me." She chuckled, trying hard not to suffer a completely unprofessional lack of composure.
------------------
"Are we waiting for someone," NotJaken asked.
-----------------
"You should explain it," Corp told Lewis, "you've always been good at explaining insane things to people. Animes, Manga..."
----------------
"Any news on our double dates or should we get sandwiches, Cherry," Sana asked Seena.
"I've... been sat right next to you," Seena protested. "You'd have heard if I'd talked to them." She looked at the Fennec. "You just want me to be the one to ask Hive and seem desperate, don't you?"
"Well," Sana said, twiddling her thumbs, "I wouldn't say desperate..."
Seena sighed. "Hive? How they doing?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana simply stared at Sage, her helmets cheshire smile not giving away her emotions, though when she spoke her modulated voice gave away much sarcasm. "... Yeah. Yeah, we're the bad guys. Doing the horrible thing of stopping a planetary war invasion. Why, we're so bad, we stopped the nice individual who only had the best of intentions. As seen by their handy work present here." The ex-merc gestured to the devastated landscape around them, that once held a city, "We're so evil we lifted our dastardly no kill rule, all the better to evil-y save this planet by atomizing the giant war lizard that was mid way through a demi-god esq ascension!"

Her tone shifted to a tone found somewhere between annoyed and amused, while her helmets eye lights became horizontal lines as she pointed at feline-esq fellow. "You are the new one here. And rude. And probably suck out the souls of the innocent... And rude."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana simply stared at Sage, her helmets cheshire smile not giving away her emotions, though when she spoke her modulated voice gave away much sarcasm. "... Yeah. Yeah, we're the bad guys. Doing the horrible thing of stopping a planetary war invasion. Why, we're so bad, we stopped the nice individual who only had the best of intentions. As seen by their handy work present here." The ex-merc gestured to the devastated landscape around them, that once held a city, "We're so evil we lifted our dastardly no kill rule, all the better to evil-y save this planet by atomizing the giant war lizard that was mid way through a demi-god esq ascension!"

Her tone shifted to a tone found somewhere between annoyed and amused, while her helmets eye lights became horizontal lines as she pointed at feline-esq fellow. "You are the new one here. And rude. And probably suck out the souls of the innocent... And rude."
... surprisingly this gets little visible response from the cat. “... pardon me if I’m being rude, I’m used to just saying whatever comes to mind. Makes conversations go faster in my opinion.” He flies over to her rather suddenly, looking at her helmet trying to find her eyes. “I’m not evil though, at least not from my perspective anyway...” He taps at the helmet a little bit. “are you a robot too? Your voice doesn’t seems odd”
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Speaking through predator, Kobor chimed in "Hey, uh, Gadgeteer was it? Mind asking them how the shipmaster is doing? Before we split up from the rest of the boarding party he was unconscious and had a broken everything."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt looked back and forth between Kol and her suitor, looking somewhat impressed. ”Isn’t she taken though? I’m pretty sure I’ve heard mention having grandkids before.” He whispered back, not wanting to crush the lizard mans dreams.
-
Lewis shrugged. ”Really it’s just a matter of perspective. In our universe, all that stuff is perfectly normal. Meanwhile, I’m struggling to comprehend how big the ship we’re in is. Our universe must be relatively barren in resources., because everything I know about ship construction tells me you’d have to completely strip a couple galaxy’s to make a ship this big. And that’s one of the least weird things I’ve seen in the past two days. I don’t have the time to go over everything weird about the existence of magic, the super powers we have now, or the eldritch gods that embody concepts and emotions you have running around. I’m honestly amazed that civilization is even capable of EXISTING with stuff like that. You on the other hand, find all that perfectly normal. Just like I find the idea of a wolf family raising a human child to be perfectly normal. Because ultimately, normal is subjective. Someone raised in a junkyard might find the idea of something clean to be utterly repulsive, and someone raised at the top of a mountain might be completely baffled by a place with a lot of flat plains. People raised in different circumstances have different standards for normal, and that’s true no matter what universe you’re in.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Misunderstanding jenny entirely, kol sighs before replying "I'm not looking for a third though, I already have enough children from Rghu and Vryk. Besides they aren't exactly here to ask the approval of, and matriarch or not, bringing another home without at least consulting them first would be beyond rude."

Pausing a moment she grins slightly before adding. "I would have challenged you for Kolt by now if I was, he has a far nicer coat than most..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Would this be a bad time to point out that among my own kind I'm a [gladiator] and a miner, not an actual warrior?" Kol questions under her breath, addressing her teammate as discretely as the situation allows. "I've always been too slow to be brought on hunts or raids. Being considered a proper warrior, is a recent thing."
"Where the strength comes from doesn't really matter." Gadgeteer replied to her. "What matters is the strength itself."
Buster wrote:She was flattered that the younger warrior thought so highly of her. and, now that she wasn't in the midst of a fight, she could admit that his build and the quality of his scales was easy on the eyes... though the lack of fur was a little offputing. Besides, she'd already had two mates in her lifetime. she didn't need a third, especially at her age.

as a show of respect, in her own way atleast, she figured she could atleast let him see behind the helm, as she undid the chinguard and lifted it free with her back arms. keeping it perched on the shoulder with the 'trophy' pauldron pulled from the Varanian unit commander's armor attached to it. the old scar across her right eye socket, the gray streaks fading the once vibrant purple of her fur, save for the red 'warpaint' like stripes of dye, and scales that have tarnished with age, all out in the open now.
The Varanian watched as Kol pulled off her helmet, excited to see what she looked like. When the helmet was off, he didn't look the least bit disappointed. In fact, he looked almost reverent. He quickly bent forward in a respectful bow before speaking out in the hissing language of the Varanians.

"He says thank you for giving him the honor of letting him look upon your true strength and exotic beauty. He will never forget this kindness." Gadgeteer looked at Kol and considered the other Varanian's words. Attraction to other species wasn't that uncommon. Strength was what mattered. He could see what the Varanian meant. Kol definitely had a strength and ruggedness visible in her face that his species tended to consider beautiful. "He also wishes to give you something to remember him by."

Sure enough, slowly and carefully in order to avoid being misunderstood, the Varanian reached for a dagger he had attached to his belt and pulled it off while keeping it still in it's sheath before presenting it to Kol while bowing once more and hissing it's description for Gadgeteer to translate. "It's a hand-crafted hunting and combat knife. Apparently he made it himself when he was younger."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hey, Kol," Jenny said sweetly, "looks like you've won a few of them over to our side. You rule, lady!"

After a moment, she crossed to Helen and the Cubs and knelt to put her hands on Hannah's shoulders. "They're not going to let them hurt you, sweetheart," she told the girl, keeping her volume down so only those in front of her could hear clearly. "I don't think they're here for a fight and, if they are?" She grinned. "Your mom and the rest of us will kick their butts. Y'got that?"
The little girl looked around, particularly at her mother. Helen was still looking suspiciously at the three Varanians, but seemed to relax a bit as Gadgeteer translated what they were saying. Seeing her mother relaxed, she nodded to Jenny and also relaxed a bit. She still stayed close to her mother though because the big lizard men were still scary.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Are we waiting for someone," NotJaken asked.
"Sort of." the Hive droid replied. "You and Rika are waiting for The Lycan, Tempest, and Arctos. Everyone else I believe is waiting for Kol and Gadgeteer to finish talking to our visitors over there."

- - - - -
Gameb18oy wrote:Sage pouted at Predator’s response to his offer, mumbling ”I am a professional” but the flames quickly disappear, and he focuses on the other bits of information given to him. “... yeah that other title is even worse, but Predator... it’s so... well evil sounding honestly. Do the champions see themselves as bad guys or something?” He looked over in the direction of the little kids and their mother. “... we aren’t your targets, are we?”
"You are the target of a rescue operation, I suppose. I am not preying upon you, however." the droid replied. "I am a combat droid and a mobile prison. I wasn't exactly going to get a name like 'Fluffy Bunny' now was I?"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana simply stared at Sage, her helmets cheshire smile not giving away her emotions, though when she spoke her modulated voice gave away much sarcasm. "... Yeah. Yeah, we're the bad guys. Doing the horrible thing of stopping a planetary war invasion. Why, we're so bad, we stopped the nice individual who only had the best of intentions. As seen by their handy work present here." The ex-merc gestured to the devastated landscape around them, that once held a city, "We're so evil we lifted our dastardly no kill rule, all the better to evil-y save this planet by atomizing the giant war lizard that was mid way through a demi-god esq ascension!"

"That isn't exactly fair, Tatiana. There was no way he could have seen us fight the Warlord considering he's been trapped under a building since before our fight even began."

- - - - -
Buster wrote:Speaking through predator, Kobor chimed in "Hey, uh, Gadgeteer was it? Mind asking them how the shipmaster is doing? Before we split up from the rest of the boarding party he was unconscious and had a broken everything."
"They wouldn't know." Hivemind replied in Gadgeteer's place. "As ground troops, they would have been under the command of Warlord Havoch and the surface generals up until the Warlord's death. I can answer however. The Shipmaster, or new Warlord I suppose, recovered and is going to be discharged from the hospital soon. Varanians are much faster healers than most other species."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You go with the Doctors'," Hannabelle told the old Jaken, patting his hand, "I know they're going to be meeting the Steeles' but I'd rather local instincts were on hand, yeah?" She stood and headed to the exit, taking Gear's hand to leave. "And now I meet one of the few who might be better than me." She chuckled, trying hard not to suffer a completely unprofessional lack of composure.
"Ah shoot. I 'preciate the compliment! Yer a great shot yerself." Once she was out of the Sparrow, the two of them started making their way to the Monta Weapontech compound. "Seems we've got a ways ta walk. Got any stories to share? One retired professional to another?"

(Deske)
Meanwhile, the sparrow carrying the doctors landed in the middle of the ruined city. The old Jaken climbed out to find himself face-to-face with the Lycan. His face ran the gambit between startled fear before transitioning to child-like awe and admiration.

"I don't think we've met, actually." the Lycan said, addressing the clone doctors. "You can call me The Lycan. That's my wife, Tempest, over there, and the ice wolf is our daughter, Arctos." He said, pointing to the armored woman and the other lycan behind him.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You should explain it," Corp told Lewis, "you've always been good at explaining insane things to people. Animes, Manga..."
Legotron123 wrote:Lewis shrugged. ”Really it’s just a matter of perspective. In our universe, all that stuff is perfectly normal. Meanwhile, I’m struggling to comprehend how big the ship we’re in is. Our universe must be relatively barren in resources., because everything I know about ship construction tells me you’d have to completely strip a couple galaxy’s to make a ship this big. And that’s one of the least weird things I’ve seen in the past two days. I don’t have the time to go over everything weird about the existence of magic, the super powers we have now, or the eldritch gods that embody concepts and emotions you have running around. I’m honestly amazed that civilization is even capable of EXISTING with stuff like that. You on the other hand, find all that perfectly normal. Just like I find the idea of a wolf family raising a human child to be perfectly normal. Because ultimately, normal is subjective. Someone raised in a junkyard might find the idea of something clean to be utterly repulsive, and someone raised at the top of a mountain might be completely baffled by a place with a lot of flat plains. People raised in different circumstances have different standards for normal, and that’s true no matter what universe you’re in.”
The two Varanians stared somewhat blankly at Lewis, thrown off by his speech about universes and barren planets without actually explaining how that related to what they asked.
<"Was... Was that all English, sir?"> Sal-Hleel asked his new Warlord, feeling he missed something.
<"I... am not entirely sure...">

Sep-Heth rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Never mind... I don't want to know. That said... I didn't think about it much, but I do not believe the idea of a Tiger-like pirate lord came to me randomly. In fact, it sounds quite familiar."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Any news on our double dates or should we get sandwiches, Cherry," Sana asked Seena.
"I've... been sat right next to you," Seena protested. "You'd have heard if I'd talked to them." She looked at the Fennec. "You just want me to be the one to ask Hive and seem desperate, don't you?"
"Well," Sana said, twiddling her thumbs, "I wouldn't say desperate..."
Seena sighed. "Hive? How they doing?"
"They're doing just fine, but they have a job to do. Lakarian city was leveled when the Warlord attacked it. They need to search for survivors." Hivemind said.

"In the meantime, we can focus once more on the investigation. Sana, I've been meaning to ask you, why were you looking for Jaken in the first place?" Hivemind asked.

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt looked back and forth between Kol and her suitor, looking somewhat impressed. ”Isn’t she taken though? I’m pretty sure I’ve heard mention having grandkids before.” He whispered back, not wanting to crush the lizard mans dreams.
"I... don't know? I don't know much about her personal life, to be honest..."
Buster wrote:Misunderstanding jenny entirely, kol sighs before replying "I'm not looking for a third though, I already have enough children from Rghu and Vryk. Besides they aren't exactly here to ask the approval of, and matriarch or not, bringing another home without at least consulting them first would be beyond rude."

Pausing a moment she grins slightly before adding. "I would have challenged you for Kolt by now if I was, he has a far nicer coat than most..."
"Oh! Well, there's your answer." Recon said, overhearing Kol.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After talking with the girl, Jenny stayed close to Kol. "I'd hate to have to arm wrestle you for him," she admitted coyly, "but only because you'd have the advantage, eh?"
---------------------
Sana sighed and swung her seat around to face Hive... and kept going. "Whoa," she said, stabilising herself before pushing herself around more gently to face him. "It was more personal than professional, I think," she admitted. "Um, for Golta - that's my senior agent," she told Seena. "He used to do a lot of undercover work as a stunt performer and kinda needed his looks, y'know" she continued, her ears drooping as she thought wistfully of those looks. "He, um, got scarred more than a few times and it was Jaken's dad the studio used to send him to to get put back in one piece. He said Jaken's dad saved his career more than once." She looked directly to Hive. "In fact I remember he said the studio used to send ALL their scars to him. They kept in touch a bit and Golta decided to look for Jaken after it went bad. A faint trail led toward Earth and the rest you know."
---------------------
"I'll admit," Hannabelle said as she began to walk with Gear, "there's one that comes to mind. Back when freelancing - between Government sanctioned missions - I ended up doing a job for one of the outlying planet governments. They'd hired through the net so they didn't even know who they'd hired, it was a 'payment on delivery' thing. Totally anonymous. A wannabe conqueror going country by country and seemingly invincible. Skin like Titanium, fifteen human foot tall, ability to use energy blasts, all that stuff. No army, though," she added. "He'd not really wanted one as he wanted to do it all himself. You know, an idiot? Still trouble. Still vulnerable to one well placed shot though. I took position on a rooftop, covered myself in a camo cloak - not as good as Hive's, of course - and waited. Twelve hours without moving before I got the shot off. An armour piercing bullet with a Hi-ex core straight through the left Pupil. One of my best shots." she snorted a chuckle. "Government deducted the damages to nearby buildings from the energy explosion he let off when he died from the bounty. Never trust a Government to pay you correctly."
--------------------
Corp decided he needed to make some enquiries with regards Tiger people...
-------------------
"Cool," the NotJaken said mischievously, "I'm working with the big dog!"
-------------------
Sarah sat and checked the menu again before ordering the Angus Burger and Chips.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Collins looked the absolutely massive wolf up and down before glancing back at Norwood, who gave him a shrug in return. "Collins," the dog said, extending a hand, "Good to meet you! We've got a, uh... Question..." Collins didn't need to turn around to know that the rest of the doctors had turned their gazes towards him, "Are you guys alien wolves or something? Because, we saw a zoo on our way through the Beacon and you don't look like the wolves we saw."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana didn't react to Sage tapping her smiling helmet. "Eh, I can respect that, holding things back can cause issues. And no, not a robo, rather I'm one of those weird exceptions that need to live in a humanoid shell to properly interact with the rest of the galaxies. You'd be surprised by how many people guess my true nature at a glance, guess perception averages are greater outside the rim." She turned to Predator with a shrug and slight tilt to her head. "I guess. But we did show up with the mother and helped get her kids out. Context clues shoulda done the trick or something! Eh, I just don't like being accused of being evil until I actually do something."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Good to know." is about all Kobor managed to get out before Talya jumped in.
CyberDragon wrote:"You are the target of a rescue operation, I suppose. I am not preying upon you, however." the droid replied. "I am a combat droid and a mobile prison. I wasn't exactly going to get a name like 'Fluffy Bunny' now was I?"
"How bout Bloody Bunny?"

"Please stop making centuries old refrences nobody's going to get."

"Never!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sorry, sir. Ah didnae mean tae embarrass ye." Cailean blushes as he follows Sarah to a table. He makes sure to hold the chair for Sarah until she's settled even as Conall respectfully offers the same gesture to Hivemind.

Cailean orders the "Mince and Tatties" (savoury minced beef and vegetables served with mashed potato) and Conall orders a Scotch pie (spiced, peppered mutton wrapped in pastry) and chips (fries).

Flipping over the menu, the older dog curiously reads the last page before offering it to Hivemind.
"It says they hae oil fer droids if ye want any. Tha' way ye cuid join us in th' meal."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a faint smirk. ”Something tells me she’s not the type of gramma who sits around the k-wait, what was that last bit?” He said, confused by what he just heard Kol say. ”Did just say something about challenging Jenny for me? EXCUSE ME KOL, COULD YOU REPEAT THAT LAST BIT?”
-
Liz’ expression noticeably darkened when Sep-Heth mentioned the idea of a tiger pirate lord sounding familiar. ”Why exactly does it sound familiar?” She asked, sounding far too calm for the amount of rage displayed on her face.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Where the strength comes from doesn't really matter." Gadgeteer replied to her. "What matters is the strength itself."
Kol gives a bit of a huff, and makes a thoughtful 'hmmh' sound, conceding the argument.
CyberDragon wrote:The Varanian watched as Kol pulled off her helmet, excited to see what she looked like. When the helmet was off, he didn't look the least bit disappointed. In fact, he looked almost reverent. He quickly bent forward in a respectful bow before speaking out in the hissing language of the Varanians.

"He says thank you for giving him the honor of letting him look upon your true strength and exotic beauty. He will never forget this kindness." Gadgeteer looked at Kol and considered the other Varanian's words. Attraction to other species wasn't that uncommon. Strength was what mattered. He could see what the Varanian meant. Kol definitely had a strength and ruggedness visible in her face that his species tended to consider beautiful. "He also wishes to give you something to remember him by."

Sure enough, slowly and carefully in order to avoid being misunderstood, the Varanian reached for a dagger he had attached to his belt and pulled it off while keeping it still in it's sheath before presenting it to Kol while bowing once more and hissing it's description for Gadgeteer to translate. "It's a hand-crafted hunting and combat knife. Apparently he made it himself when he was younger."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:After talking with the girl, Jenny stayed close to Kol. "I'd hate to have to arm wrestle you for him," she admitted coyly, "but only because you'd have the advantage, eh?"
in the momentary pause after the banter with jenny, Kol is about to refuse the blade before Gadgeteer mentions the bit about it the warrior making it in his youth. Persistent little... no... As long as it wasn't made specifically for me, it doesn't count. They've not been aware of any other Rhoui customs. why would he know if this one. It doesn't even have the traditional inscriptions on the blade. Accepting the blade she clips it to one of the magnetic attachment points on the waist of her armor meant for accessories.

She's about to offer a retort to jenny when kolt speaks up.
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt gave a faint smirk. ”Something tells me she’s not the type of gramma who sits around the k-wait, what was that last bit?” He said, confused by what he just heard Kol say. ”Did just say something about challenging Jenny for me? EXCUSE ME KOL, COULD YOU REPEAT THAT LAST BIT?”
Letting out a laugh, she turns "You have better ears than I thought! I was telling her that if I was looking for a third mate she would know already."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

On hearing the comments, Jenny put her handpaws together and looked up, innocently, at Kolt. "Told you so," she said with an innocent smile.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie