Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Denver shook his head, "Insignia at first, then the Barbarox later. But, unless either of them've suddenly developed interdimensional travel, I doubt I'll be seeing them again. I'd prefer not to get blown up or shanked through the ribs again. I can promise you it's not as fun as the movies make it seem."

--------

Chris took the helmet off and stepped out of the pilots seat into the Ibis. He flashed MT a thumbs up before he left and took his seat, quickly buckling himself in.

--------

Ulrich, upon arriving to the Ibis, moved to his seat and strapped himself in. He pulled the straps tight and braced for the acceleration.

--------

Colorado led Cherry out of the hospital and, after running back inside to ask directions to the mall, walked with her to the train.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Who was that," Corvis asked, looking around in amazement after Hivemind had spoken.
"That's Hivemind," Hannabelle commented with a small amount of joy as she tapped the youngster on the top of his muzzle. "as you well know," she finished as MT put in his appearance.
Jaw drooping, Golten waved back at the giant mech as Hannabelle whooped. "And YOU said they didn't exist," she chuckled, pointing a finger at him. "Said I was making it up when I told you I put an armour piercing shell through one from half a mile... Uh, the operator was a bad guy, of course," she added to Chris.
------------------------------------------------------
"One step forward with her," Jenny muttered to Kol and Kolt as she overheard Hannabelle, "and one back, eh?"
"One word," Corp said, "and I learn the universes are closer connected than we thought. To have Beethoven, you have to have Bach. Probably Schumann, Holst, probably Chopin too. I wonder if it's possible to calculate just how many things have to be the same throughout history for just those to have the same histories that drove them to such invention, hmm? Did you know someone had to turn Beethoven around at the end of his ninth symphony as he thought the audience didn't like it? He couldn't hear the applause."
"Hmm, absolutely," Sana said, slightly mockingly before sipping her drink. "After all, there's no history of ships slipping through to our universe from yours, is there?" She winked.
-----------------------------------------------------
Seena watched as the train took them on a journey. "A spaceship so big it has a fully operable metro train system," she said, her voice tinged with a little awe.
----------------------------------------------------
Jaken got in next to the Hive droid.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun May 20, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana let out a sign and leaned back into her seat, "Ah! A fast simple mission! Kinda expected there to be more to be honest." She turned and glanced at Hannabelle's family, "And. Despite somewhat harrowing events the family seems to be well. Now all that remains is the next step which probably includes big, bad, important people. Brings back memories."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"That's not as unmanageable as you think it is, and where in the world did your maker get enough raw material to build a ship the size of a small continent? even assuming something as common as steel, he'd need the entire global output for a decade of a decent sized planet. longer if there's competition for resources, or the superstructure is pretymuch any other metal."

((Yes the trend of questioning every little thing about the beacon every time someone hears about it's size is alive and well))

- - - - - - - -

Jenny's comment made kol laugh. "I don't know... She actually reminds me of me when I was younger, and still had the speed to go out on hunts on the surface." She explained, shrugging, her tone having a sense of wistfulness and nostalgia, as if that was a long time ago...

- - - - - - - -

Active scan, Maximum resolution.
On it.

the twins made a beeline into town heading to the closest area that seemed to have a dense population, they'd work their way to the market from there.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’m going to be honest with you, I’m mostly focused on the giant robot dragon. I really wanna know where he came from, since I’m pretty sure he wasn’t at orientation.” Kolt whispered back before taking another bite of pizza. ”Alsho, *gulp* you mind if I come and visit your brother with you when we get back? Then maybe afterwards we can head back to my place for dinner and a movie? I have a LOT of Earth culture to catch up on.”
-
”Well, you are the one paying for it. I suppose it’s up to you anyways.” Liz said, before putting the cheaper one back on the rack and taking the more versatile one up to the register.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Chris took the helmet off and stepped out of the pilots seat into the Ibis. He flashed MT a thumbs up before he left and took his seat, quickly buckling himself in.

--------

Ulrich, upon arriving to the Ibis, moved to his seat and strapped himself in. He pulled the straps tight and braced for the acceleration.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Who was that," Corvis asked, looking around in amazement after Hivemind had spoken.
"That's Hivemind," Hannabelle commented with a small amount of joy as she tapped the youngster on the top of his muzzle. "as you well know," she finished as MT put in his appearance.
Jaw drooping, Golten waved back at the giant mech as Hannabelle whooped. "And YOU said they didn't exist," she chuckled, pointing a finger at him. "Said I was making it up when I told you I put an armour piercing shell through one from half a mile... Uh, the operator was a bad guy, of course," she added to Chris.
"One step forward with her," Jenny muttered to Kol and Kolt as she overheard Hannabelle, "and one back, eh?"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana let out a sign and leaned back into her seat, "Ah! A fast simple mission! Kinda expected there to be more to be honest." She turned and glanced at Hannabelle's family, "And. Despite somewhat harrowing events the family seems to be well. Now all that remains is the next step which probably includes big, bad, important people. Brings back memories."
Buster wrote:Jenny's comment made kol laugh. "I don't know... She actually reminds me of me when I was younger, and still had the speed to go out on hunts on the surface." She explained, shrugging, her tone having a sense of wistfulness and nostalgia, as if that was a long time ago...
Legotron123 wrote:”I’m going to be honest with you, I’m mostly focused on the giant robot dragon. I really wanna know where he came from, since I’m pretty sure he wasn’t at orientation.” Kolt whispered back before taking another bite of pizza. ”Alsho, *gulp* you mind if I come and visit your brother with you when we get back? Then maybe afterwards we can head back to my place for dinner and a movie? I have a LOT of Earth culture to catch up on.”
Hivemind just now realized that he never did get Kol's age. He thought better than to ask though, considering the hostile response the doctors got when they did.

"The Draconic Mech and his pilot are both new recruits. They joined today. I will let them introduce themselves properly."

The ship continued on it's journey toward the Beacon of hope. For once, everything had gone exactly as planned. Nobody was following them, not that they could catch the Ibis once it exited the atmosphere.

At the speed the Ibis moved, it took very little time for the dropship to finally reach the Beacon of Hope. The dropship passed through the environment shielding of one of the hangers and artificial gravity kicked in As the stars outside of the window were replaced by the hanger docks. The Ibis eased it's way into one of the docks, guided by a sort of attractive force between the dropship and the dock. Once the two connected, the doors opened up. Hivemind stepped out of the ship. "Right. Welcome to the Beacon of Hope. Simultaneously the safest and craziest place in the galaxy."

A plank extended for MT to drop down on. He walked off of the platform onto the docks and waited for the others.

------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"One word," Corp said, "and I learn the universes are closer connected than we thought. To have Beethoven, you have to have Bach. Probably Schumann, Holst, probably Chopin too. I wonder if it's possible to calculate just how many things have to be the same throughout history for just those to have the same histories that drove them to such invention, hmm? Did you know someone had to turn Beethoven around at the end of his ninth symphony as he thought the audience didn't like it? He couldn't hear the applause."
"I have not heard that, but it would not surprise me. And it is odd how many different universes seem to share similar parts of their histories."
Legotron123 wrote:”Well, you are the one paying for it. I suppose it’s up to you anyways.” Liz said, before putting the cheaper one back on the rack and taking the more versatile one up to the register.
"Only this once." Hivemind said as he paid for the outfit. "Once you start working, hopefully tomorrow, you will be able to afford this kind of thing yourself."

Buster wrote:"That's not as unmanageable as you think it is, and where in the world did your maker get enough raw material to build a ship the size of a small continent? even assuming something as common as steel, he'd need the entire global output for a decade of a decent sized planet. longer if there's competition for resources, or the superstructure is pretymuch any other metal."

((Yes the trend of questioning every little thing about the beacon every time someone hears about it's size is alive and well))
"I got the raw material to build the ship. I put it together with my own two billion hands. You are right, the amount of material required would have exhausted several decades worth of the different metals I needed from several different planets. I got my materials from several hundred different planets. Most of which were barren rocks that only my robot bodies could inhabit, and so I had little to no competition for them and no one cared if I strip-mined them." He explained. "I own this ship. I built it like I built myself. Interpret that how you want to." He said, knowing what he said made no sense and not really caring.

Buster wrote:Active scan, Maximum resolution.
On it.

the twins made a beeline into town heading to the closest area that seemed to have a dense population, they'd work their way to the market from there.
Once they got to the market, the scanner would pick something up in an alley to the right.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken got in next to the Hive droid.
Once the kids were in the cart and secured, and the rest of the carts were filled, the ride began. The roller coaster shot out like a bullet and rocketed up a 90 degree incline. Boosters continued to push the carts up at high speed before the incline reached it's peak. Slowly, the ride tipped over the edge and accelerated downward. Wind whipped their faces as the track looped and twisted. They shot through corkscrews before rocketing through an Immelmann roll before they shot up once more. All the while, they raced past scenes of excitement, and through tunnels where threatening enemies lurked and where Tempest kept the "threats" from reaching the carts by bringing the water in the tunnels to life. They came upon a river the boat like carts floated through. This was the slowest part, as the carts followed the flow of the river. The whole time in that tunnel water shot from all directions as the "battle" raged around them.

They turned a corner, and there was light. The end of the tunnel and the sound of roaring water as the river dropped off into a hundred foot waterfall. As the carts went into a freefall down their track, the water around them seemed to float in a moment of apparent weightlessness. Then the cart pulled up and quickly entered in the top of a chamber shaped like a cone. Inside, a hurricane raged in the center, blasting the carts with water and fierce wind. The track circled around the storm sideways on the walls of the chamber, gradually spiraling down and closer to the center of the storm. The carts accelerated, the winds got fierce, the water soaked to the core before the carts blasted out of a tunnel at the bottom and splashed into a lake of water, sending a wave thirty feet high to drench not only the riders, but the spectators.

The carts were pulled through the water before finally coming full circle and reaching the station once more.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken looked on soggily as the ride completed. "Unlike me," he opined, "you look good soaked, June."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Who," Golten said, looking around as he stepped out. "Can you fit an entire colony in here?"
"Or just a planet," Corvis added.
"A colony IS a planet, Corvis."
"Even the soil?"
"No, not the soil..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please tell me there's a school up here," Jenevive asked Eira. "Where I can teach and let THEM go to someone else?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Figure Garrett would like to meet you anyway, Kolt," Jenny remarked, giving Kolt an affectionate squeeze with her one arm. "to do the whole 'big brother' thing, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hiveminds answer seems to accomplish little beyond reinforcing her already skeptical mindset "Multiple worlds... for one ship. Right. You expect me to believe anyone with the fleet necessary to pull of that mind bending feat of logistics would invest it all in a single vessel, centralizing to the point of vulnerability, instead of simply improving or expanding their fleet? The possibility alone of a catastrophic failure on one vessel effecting only that one vessel, being able to keep military and civilian assets isolated from one another, or the advantage of separate life support networks during a quarantine situation never crossed the mind of anyone involved? what happens if this thing looses power? has to enter a combat zone? has an outbreak you bucketheads can't contain?" pausing she lets out a frustrated sigh, "why am I arguing this with a computer... I need to get off this flying bullseye. find somewhere sane." she mutters, walking away.

- - - - - -

june's retort to jaken's attempt at flattery is latching her jaw onto his scalp. again...
apparently that's something she doesn't quite grasp yet.

- - - - - -

Possible hit, three o'clock, twenty meters. Talya stated, bringing up an enlarged freeze-frame of one section of that scan, and pasting it in one corner of the HUD, and generating a cross hair tracking the associated motion signature in real time.
I see it. Kobor answered, changing direction and making a beeline for the signature until it entered the alley, taking things notably more cautiously at that point. cramped in here. not much room to move.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver stuck his tongue out at Sana as she mocked him, "Well collapsing warpgates usually kill everyone stuck in them. Apparently we're just a one off. They'd have to come up with tech to be able to do any universe hopping without a real chance of death. It's not even one of those gone in the blink of an eye sort of things. You can actually watch the warp bubble collapse around you. Space distorts, then it grows brighter until it's completely white.
Then you're just gone."

-------

Colorado snuggled up next to his love until the made it to the next station, where he stood up and offered her a hand, then his arm.

--------

Chris unbuckled himself from his seat and got off the dropship, stretching and giving a satisfied sigh once his back had returned to it's normal shape.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken wasn't really afraid. He trusted June not to bite him but he knew she liked him to play along so he waved his arms a bit. "Ack," he said, making his voice go a little higher, "Shark hat returns! It was a couple mint, June! A couple mint," he added, not knowing he had the word wrong.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt laughed at that idea. ”I’ve actually done that a few times myself. Being able to make your body glow with power really helps when you’re trying to be intimidating.” He said, giving Jenny a light squeeze in return. ”That reminds me, I need to talk to Kobor and Talya. I have some questions I need to ask them about what happened in the simulation today.”
-
”Believe me, I am really looking forward to the day I’m not reliant on you for stuff like this.” Liz said as she put the dress in her hammerspace pocket. ”Unfortunately, all my money is in my bank account back home, so I can’t access any of it here.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Who," Golten said, looking around as he stepped out. "Can you fit an entire colony in here?"
"Or just a planet," Corvis added.
"A colony IS a planet, Corvis."
"Even the soil?"
"No, not the soil..."
"The Beacon has a population of ten billion." Hivemind said as they walked down the docks. "So actually it has more people than most colonies."

MT walked along with the group. He turned to the family, including Hannabelle. "May I ask what your names are?" He asked, hoping to strike up a conversation and learn more about the people he saved. Also, he had to admit, he enjoyed seeing them so excited when they caught a first glance at him.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Please tell me there's a school up here," Jenevive asked Eira. "Where I can teach and let THEM go to someone else?"
"Yep. Tons! The public schools up here are some of the best. And they're all public, so you won't have to pay for anything except for backpacks and that kind of stuff." She replied as MT walked up and tried to start a conversation. There was a time where the sight of a giant war mech that looked like a dragon walking up and talking to her would have been a significant surprise, but now it was just a signal that today ended in "A. Y.".

---------------------------------------
Buster wrote:Hiveminds answer seems to accomplish little beyond reinforcing her already skeptical mindset "Multiple worlds... for one ship. Right. You expect me to believe anyone with the fleet necessary to pull of that mind bending feat of logistics would invest it all in a single vessel, centralizing to the point of vulnerability, instead of simply improving or expanding their fleet? The possibility alone of a catastrophic failure on one vessel effecting only that one vessel, being able to keep military and civilian assets isolated from one another, or the advantage of separate life support networks during a quarantine situation never crossed the mind of anyone involved? what happens if this thing looses power? has to enter a combat zone? has an outbreak you bucketheads can't contain?" pausing she lets out a frustrated sigh, "why am I arguing this with a computer... I need to get off this flying bullseye. find somewhere sane." she mutters, walking away.
Hivemind let out a sigh. He was wondering if the matrix was glitched again because things were sounding like a broken record. Hadn't he already answered questions like this? Did he really need to explain why? A ship, when it gets large enough, ends up with diminishing returns on it's practicality. However, push it far enough, and it starts getting practical again. Because of the Beacon's size, something would have to punch through fifty miles of heavy armor before it even touched a civilian. Something that would make it halfway to the civilian population on the Beacon would have obliterated half a dozen civilian ships if he had gone with a fleet. In addition, because there was no restriction on space and almost no restriction on funds, he was able to mount a number of redundant shield generators for upgraded honeycomb grid shields surrounding the ship. A nuke could hit them and barely make a dent. The ship was so big that military and civilian assets could be isolated. In fact, they were. The outer fifty miles was primarily military while the interior was civilian with the exception of the champions. Because of the ship's size, he could mount a warp drive on the ship that had the ability to take it across universes, something no other ship could do safely. Loosing power? There was so much redundancy that thousands of unlikely things would have to happen all at once for that to happen.

Oh well. He didn't feel like spending an hour discussing why he went with this "flying bullseye." If she wanted off this ship, she could leave at any stop she felt like. He didn't stop her from walking away.

Buster wrote:june's retort to jaken's attempt at flattery is latching her jaw onto his scalp. again...
apparently that's something she doesn't quite grasp yet.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken wasn't really afraid. He trusted June not to bite him but he knew she liked him to play along so he waved his arms a bit. "Ack," he said, making his voice go a little higher, "Shark hat returns! It was a couple mint, June! A couple mint," he added, not knowing he had the word wrong.
"So." Hivemind said, laughing as the two goofed off, and still dripping with water from the Tempest rollercoaster. "How did you two enjoy that ride?"

Buster wrote:Possible hit, three o'clock, twenty meters. Talya stated, bringing up an enlarged freeze-frame of one section of that scan, and pasting it in one corner of the HUD, and generating a cross hair tracking the associated motion signature in real time.
I see it. Kobor answered, changing direction and making a beeline for the signature until it entered the alley, taking things notably more cautiously at that point. cramped in here. not much room to move.
At that point, the alleyway seemed to start getting wider and more spacious until they came across an empty, open area. There was nothing there save for a cloaked man, sitting in the middle of the area and facing away from the twins.

Legotron123 wrote:”Believe me, I am really looking forward to the day I’m not reliant on you for stuff like this.” Liz said as she put the dress in her hammerspace pocket. ”Unfortunately, all my money is in my bank account back home, so I can’t access any of it here.”
"Technically you do have some money." He said. "I gave each of the Steelhaven residents one thousand credits to get them started, remember? You will get much more once you start working as Champions, though."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That's..." Corvis started, before starting counting on his fingers.
"...A whole lot of people," Hannabelle agreed. "You need never be alone here, Corvis. Neither of you. ANY of you, even."
Golten looked from MT to the doors to the main ship and back again. "Are ALL the doors so big," he asked, not quite being able to think of a better question.
"That's Golten asking," Jenevive cut in. "The smaller one attached to my Mother is Corvis. I'm Jenevive, their mother and teacher in need of a job now thanks to my Mother Hannabelle and this is Fallon, my mate..." She looked at the still silent husband. "Mother, will you PLEASE give him permission to speak in your presence?"
"I lost a hundred thousand credits on his investment advice, Jenevive," Hannabelle said tersely. "I'm still mad at him." She looked down to where Corvis was looking up at her with those eyes.... "Rrrrr.... Argh, all right. Lifted. For now."
He breathed out. And said nothing. "I... can't think of anything to say," he managed eventually. "except I'm..."
"Never apologise to me. I can accept your talking if I have to. But don't make me regret it." She turned to the mech. "MT, isn't it? Thank you for what you did and stop sniffing around his leg, Golten!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You may need to let him intimidate you a bit, Love," Jenny told Kolt with a grin, giving him a quick kiss to emphasise things. "I don't need him jealous of you." She frowned slightly. "I'm not sure that made sense. Ah, well."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It was good, Mr Hive, sir," Jakem said, nodding with his 'hat'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt’s brain kinda fizzled for a moment after Jenny kissed him, before shaking his head and getting his mind back on track. ”I think I understand what you’re getting at. You want to make him feel important, like he still matters to you after all this time. Or maybe I’m just reading too much into this. I don’t know, Mycroft was always better at this sorta thing.” He said as they continued walking to Garret’s place.
-
”I have to admit, I’d forgotten about that. Regardless, I have no idea what a ‘credit’ is worth, so for all I know you gave me the equivalent of thirty bucks.” Liz pointed out as they walked to the training area. ”I haven’t had a chance to look up any prices yet, so I have no idea how much it’s going to cost to replace our belongings that didn’t survive the warp. It’s not something I’m looking forward to, that’s for sure.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

giggling at jaken's reaction at first, she mumbles a playful 'growr' around her grip on him. after letting Jaken go, june bluntly states "i'm hungry." rather than answer hivemind's question.

- - - - - -

I'm only getting a partial match, I need to get a look at his face.
the twins slowed their pace, approaching cautiously.

is he armed?
scanning...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's..." Corvis started, before starting counting on his fingers.
"...A whole lot of people," Hannabelle agreed. "You need never be alone here, Corvis. Neither of you. ANY of you, even."
Golten looked from MT to the doors to the main ship and back again. "Are ALL the doors so big," he asked, not quite being able to think of a better question.
"That's Golten asking," Jenevive cut in. "The smaller one attached to my Mother is Corvis. I'm Jenevive, their mother and teacher in need of a job now thanks to my Mother Hannabelle and this is Fallon, my mate..." She looked at the still silent husband. "Mother, will you PLEASE give him permission to speak in your presence?"
"I lost a hundred thousand credits on his investment advice, Jenevive," Hannabelle said tersely. "I'm still mad at him." She looked down to where Corvis was looking up at her with those eyes.... "Rrrrr.... Argh, all right. Lifted. For now."
He breathed out. And said nothing. "I... can't think of anything to say," he managed eventually. "except I'm..."
"Never apologise to me. I can accept your talking if I have to. But don't make me regret it." She turned to the mech. "MT, isn't it? Thank you for what you did and stop sniffing around his leg, Golten!"
"It is good to meet all of you. I am glad I could help." The mech said, gently nudging Golten away with his tail. "If you need anything further, then I will be happy to assist." He bowed his head and walked off toward Chris.

Hivemind stepped up to Hannabelle. "If you're angry about money, don't be. If you are going to be working with us once this whole thing is over, then you will be well compensated for any assignment you complete."

As MT reached Chris, Hivemind suddenly had an idea. "Chis? Could you please fix Kol's armor? Your power is much more effective than the repair forge. Kol is the four-armed one over there." He pointed to where Kol was. "Everyone else, you're done until we reach Celica. We will be making the jump soon. Go eat. Get some rest. It's going to be an early and busy day tomorrow."

Legotron123 wrote:”I have to admit, I’d forgotten about that. Regardless, I have no idea what a ‘credit’ is worth, so for all I know you gave me the equivalent of thirty bucks.” Liz pointed out as they walked to the training area. ”I haven’t had a chance to look up any prices yet, so I have no idea how much it’s going to cost to replace our belongings that didn’t survive the warp. It’s not something I’m looking forward to, that’s for sure.”
"One Beacon of Hope credit is equal to ten United States Dollars, if that helps. That being said, everything on the Beacon is more expensive than in the United States, so it balances out so that a thousand credits goes as far on the Beacon as a thousand dollars on Earth. As for replacing the things you lost, it will obviously depend on where you get them from."

Buster wrote:giggling at jaken's reaction at first, she mumbles a playful 'growr' around her grip on him. after letting Jaken go, june bluntly states "i'm hungry." rather than answer hivemind's question.
Hivemind checked the time. "Yeah, we can get you some food. Anything you two have in mind?"

Buster wrote:I'm only getting a partial match, I need to get a look at his face.
the twins slowed their pace, approaching cautiously.

is he armed?
scanning...
The scanner wouldn't detect anything. Literally. As if the person in front of them wasn't even there.

The man pulled a staff-like cane out from in front of him and used it to help himself to his feet. "You'll find no weapons on me. Unless you're afraid of my cane. Heheh!" The familiar voice of the hobomancer sounded as he turned to face them. "Hmm..." He considered them for a moment. "Why, I would like to ask, are you not with the rest of your team?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's not the money as such, Hive," Hannabelle explained as Corvis started running around like a jet fighter and Golten rugby tackled him. "It's the principle. Would you trust a financial advisor with your daughter if he recommended a 'sure thing' financial investment that ended up costing you a hundred thousand credits? And he WILL insist on not standing up to me!" She raised her arms high and slapped then back down to her sides. "What sort of alpha male is that?"
"She's never going to forget that, is she," Fallon complained.
"I'll probably forget when I'm dead, Fallon,"
"She's gonna live forever..." Fallon moaned as Corvis fought his way out from under his brother and took off again.
Good for you, Corvis," Hannabelle enthused. "but next time remember to back butt!"
"Mother," Jenevive said hotly, "stop teaching my cubs how to fight!"
"Everyone needs to know how to fight, Jenevive. Even if they don't use it. Anyway, shall we show them to the new house, Jive?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny took Kolt by the hand and led him towards Garrett's home, recalling the route she'd taken earlier.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I suppose my one concession to consumerism would be 'where can I buy a good bottle of Scotch'," Corp asked. "Other than that there's nothing much I need."
"Well," Sana asked Denver, "What do you expect is going to be most, um, different about here then?"
"I think... Fish Pizza," Jaken suggested, thinking on what June might want.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After a few minutes of walking, the two found themselves outside Garret’s house. Before they went in, Kolt turned to look at Jenny. ”Is there anything I should know about your brother before we go in? I want to make sure me and him don’t get off on the wrong foot.” He asked, looking a little nervous.
-
”Of course, we’re going to have to see which of our things survived the warp before we start replacing stuff.” Liz said as they walked towards the training center. ”What I’m worried about are the things that can’t be replaced, like Lewis’ original adoption papers, or the family heirlooms.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Negative facial match." talya comments aloud, stating the obvious, as she retunes her sensors to compensate for the anomalous readings.

"Oh, great. him again." Kobor states flatly, turning around and getting back to the search, ignoring the annoying old man's question and existence.

- - - - -

"Maybe he recognises the authority of a matriarch?" kol cut in, looking over at Hannabelle as she got up from her seat and started following the others as they disembarked. tossing her helmet to Chris, a chunk of the visor would fall out when it's caught.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, weel," Sarah said, sitting between the boys and putting her arms around them, "Ah s'gest usin' the vid tae see what things're like, yeah? An;' th' news tae." She prodded the remote towards Conall with a foot.
Conall takes the hint and turns on the TV.
Cailean puts his paw on Sarah's leg, knowing it would be too awkward to put it around her with Conall on the other side.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'Least there ain't an 'mmediate dang'r here," Sarah opined, enjoying the hand on her leg and reciprocating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Kol," Hannabelle called, "or I can call you Captain Cavewoman if you prefer... I knew there was something I liked about you."
Jenevive started slightly. "My mother...likes someone? She should be honoured."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny took a breath as they arrived at Garrett's home and she 'knocked' with the door chime. "I'm out here, Jen," his voice said behind them.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's not the money as such, Hive," Hannabelle explained as Corvis started running around like a jet fighter and Golten rugby tackled him. "It's the principle. Would you trust a financial advisor with your daughter if he recommended a 'sure thing' financial investment that ended up costing you a hundred thousand credits? And he WILL insist on not standing up to me!" She raised her arms high and slapped then back down to her sides. "What sort of alpha male is that?"
"She's never going to forget that, is she," Fallon complained.
"I'll probably forget when I'm dead, Fallon,"
"She's gonna live forever..." Fallon moaned as Corvis fought his way out from under his brother and took off again.
"On this ship, that's a distinct possibility." Hive commented.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Good for you, Corvis," Hannabelle enthused. "but next time remember to back butt!"
"Mother," Jenevive said hotly, "stop teaching my cubs how to fight!"
"Everyone needs to know how to fight, Jenevive. Even if they don't use it. Anyway, shall we show them to the new house, Jive?"
"Of course! Follow me, please!" With that, Hivemind led them to the door and opened it.

Unlike with the Steelhaven residents, Hivemind took the family through only a couple of rooms before emerging from the portal kiosk on Steelhaven Street. There were fewer people, so it was easier to fit through the smaller portal doors.

When they got there, Hivemind led them to a blocked of area. The area was at the moment nothing but a large hole in the ground, like all of the other yards started out as. Then, lights started flashing inside of the hole and a small siren sounded as the new house and yard lifted up from below, fitting seamlessly into place. The barriers lowered.

Hivemind handed the keys to Jenevive. "Here are the keys to your house. You'll find it is already equipped with basic furnishing for a family of four. If you are feeling hungry, then just enter this number into the door we just came through. It will take you to the one in the Champion Tower food court." He said, noting that it was getting a little late.

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I suppose my one concession to consumerism would be 'where can I buy a good bottle of Scotch'," Corp asked. "Other than that there's nothing much I need."
"There are a number of bars around. If you look around, you'll find one. Don't really have any that I recommend, as obviously I don't drink."
Legotron123 wrote:”Of course, we’re going to have to see which of our things survived the warp before we start replacing stuff.” Liz said as they walked towards the training center. ”What I’m worried about are the things that can’t be replaced, like Lewis’ original adoption papers, or the family heirlooms.”
"Well then. Should we head on over to the Steelhaven and see what we can find?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think... Fish Pizza," Jaken suggested, thinking on what June might want.
"Hmm..." Hivemind thought for a second. "I don't know if they have that here. They have pizza. We could ask the people at the pizza place if they have seafood pizza." He said, pointing in the direction of the park's pizza place. "Let's go see."

Hivemind led the two just out of the water park section of the theme park, carrying June the whole way. He took a right and brought the two to the pizza place before taking a look at the menu.

Buster wrote:"Negative facial match." talya comments aloud, stating the obvious, as she retunes her sensors to compensate for the anomalous readings.

"Oh, great. him again." Kobor states flatly, turning around and getting back to the search, ignoring the annoying old man's question and existence.
As he turned around, instead of finding the alleyway to the market, he would find himself facing the exact same scene he just tried to walk away from. The wide open space stretched far with the hobomancer in the middle of it all.

"Alright, alright, I get it." The old man said, still smiling. "You don't like me, so I won't take too long. I can help you get your jobs back, and thus on your way to fixing your ship and getting off of this "flying bullseye." But first, I beg you to indulge this old man by answering: Why are you no longer on the team?"

Hlaoroo wrote:Conall takes the hint and turns on the TV.
Cailean puts his paw on Sarah's leg, knowing it would be too awkward to put it around her with Conall on the other side.
The TV turned on to the news. The news anchor, an avian female, was reporting on the events of the previous day.

"It was an eventful day at the Bahamian resort, Poseidon's Kingdom. This resort, run by former Champion, Luke Stevens, was hit with a string of attacks from different sources. The sources are believed to be unrelated to each other, leading many to question why they all attacked this family friendly resort all at once." As she spoke, different videos taken by civilians played all at once in a box in the upper right hand corner of the screen. In the upper left corner of the box was a video of a portal opening and something streaking through the sky towards town. Next to it was a video of the battle mech firing ineffectively into a crowd, taken by one of the running civilians. On the bottom left, people were screaming and running as sniper fire rang out. In the bottom right, the dark abomination rose from the sea, cloaking the sky in darkness and driving a bladed hand through an armored warship with no effort. "All of these attacks came just hours before an attempt was made on the Bahamian Prime Minister's life. Miraculously, only two major injuries were reported. The pilot of the attacking mech was shot repeatedly and is recovering in a Beacon hospital. The Lycan also was injured, but has been released from the hospital. No other major injuries or fatalities occurred due to the efforts of a team of Champion Rookies who were in the area on an unrelated assignment. The motivation behind these attacks has yet to be released, however we do know that the pilot of the mech has a history of attempts on Mr. Stevens' life."

The camera switched to a different anchor, a male feline. "Eventful is sounding like an understatement there. It's incredible how few people were hurt..." He commented before things started to segue into the next story.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:As he turned around, instead of finding the alleyway to the market, he would find himself facing the exact same scene he just tried to walk away from. The wide open space stretched far with the hobomancer in the middle of it all.

"Alright, alright, I get it." The old man said, still smiling. "You don't like me, so I won't take too long. I can help you get your jobs back, and thus on your way to fixing your ship and getting off of this "flying bullseye." But first, I beg you to indulge this old man by answering: Why are you no longer on the team?"
With a frustrated sigh, Kobor answers "Not the wording I would have gone with. more 'dubiously designed exercise in putting too many eggs in one basket', but energy shielding isn't physically impossible here, so what do I know. Maybe a mistimed jump landing you inside a star isn't a death sentence to everyone onboard here." kobor comments, sitting down once he realizes he's stuck, already convinced this whole thing was a setup. "As for the demotion, I work for a sanctimonious ----- who doesn't like his -------- being called out on being --------. I've worked for worse, I'll survive."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt spun around, ready to throw up a forcefield in front of him and Jenny, only to relax when he realized it was just her brother. ”You startled me there for a second.” He said, holding out his hand for a hand shake. ”Name’s Kolt. I’m Jenny’s.....” He paused, turning his head to look at Jenny. ”Is it okay for me to say I’m your boyfriend? I have no idea how to tell if we’re at that stage yet.”
-
”I.... would like that.” Liz said after a moment of thought. I”m not sure how late it is, so we might not have enough time to get any meaningful testing done anyways.”

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris gave a nod to the Hivedroid and moved over to where Kol was, quickly catching her helmet as it flew towards him, mostly out of surprise and reflex rather than skill. He held it in his hands, watching a piece of it fall off and shatter onto the ground. He lifted an eyebrow at the four-armed creature before shrugging the confusion away and fixing the helmet. As it rebuilt itself, the missing chunk practically grew back into place, replacing the pieces that had fallen out. Once he was finished, it looked brand new, fresh off the forging table. He walked quickly to catch up with the larger creatures strides and held the helmet out to her.

-------

Denver scratched at his chin, "The most different... Back in my universe we only had two alien contacts, so getting used to all the different species here is going to be pretty different. The lack of a set physiology is going to make the medical side of things difficult as well."

-------

Ulrich smiled as Hive said that the day was nearing its close. He bid his teammates a good evening and headed off to his room.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course you are," Garrett said before Jenny could reply as he shook the hand and clapped Kolt on the shoulder. "She's told us... your name. She's simply said that and that you were a total Fox - which I thought was a bit 'on the nose' but..."
"I did not!" Jenny mock protested.
Garrett grinned and opened the door to his apartment. It's a modest size living room, not up to Champion standards perhaps, but perfectly comfortable for a shopworker and his mate. He gestured towards the couch.
The boys sped in and fought over who got the first bedroom until Hannabelle strode over and designated each room. "I'll let her decide that," Jenevive told Hivemind as she stayed by the door, "so I can ask you who she's 'peeve'd off this time."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well you seem adaptab..." Sana coughed. "I mean you seem to be adapting well so far...Oh, dog, I'm falling over my feet... So I'm sure you'll get on fine, Denver."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, so this is our stop," Seena said, almost making it a statement as she let Colorado help her out.
"Of course," Corp added, suddenly feeling the weight of the worlds on him. "I need to get the full crew list anyhow. I wonder how the Nocturl family is getting on."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Out of interest," Jaken said, trying to feign disinterest in the situation he was mentioning and one member in particular and failing badly, "how 's the team getting on?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva stirred herself slightly awake as she kept her arm across Dan and tried to remember where she was. It took a moment but she gave her best attempt at a smile and kissed his lips before thinking about where to get a job.

((Jenevive did NOT say peeved...))
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I would prefer just Kol. I can't actually tell what the other one is, 'Captain' doesn't translate." Kol explained as the group walked from the hangar bay, stopping short of following the family through the exit door since hivemind still wanted her to get her gear fixed.

turning to chris and noticing the helmet, she sputters "How did you... what? I expected the helm alone to take all night..." sounding rather confused.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:With a frustrated sigh, Kobor answers "Not the wording I would have gone with. more 'dubiously designed exercise in putting too many eggs in one basket', but energy shielding isn't physically impossible here, so what do I know. Maybe a mistimed jump landing you inside a star isn't a death sentence to everyone onboard here." kobor comments, sitting down once he realizes he's stuck, already convinced this whole thing was a setup. "As for the demotion, I work for a sanctimonious ----- who doesn't like his -------- being called out on being --------. I've worked for worse, I'll survive."
"Oh, wow!" The old man said. "With such a horrible self righteous boss, you must have been very respectful when you called him out. I'd hate to think of what would have happened if you used such language with a horrible boss. You probably would have been fired completely." He gave a knowing smile. "Even most reasonable bosses would fire a person if said person cursed them to their face."

His face grew more serious. "The Hive does not understand you because he has not witnessed anything that can compare to what you have described as your enemy. However, he has witnessed things that compare with the Ghrakal, if loosely. Perhaps he simply doesn't recognize it, and needs to think more about his own experiences before he can understand you." He pulled an envelope out of his robe and held it out. "Give him this. Do not open it. Do not read it's contents. Then ask him about the planet Varan. You will know about it by dawn tomorrow anyway, so might as well learn before lives depend on you knowing."

-------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The boys sped in and fought over who got the first bedroom until Hannabelle strode over and designated each room. "I'll let her decide that," Jenevive told Hivemind as she stayed by the door, "so I can ask you who she's 'peeve'd off this time."
"Can't yet say who for sure. That's what we are going to Celica to figure out. I can say whomever it is likely has the Vice President and multiple top business people in their pockets." He said quietly. "Don't blame her though. Apparently she was on vacation when she was coerced into this situation. Specifically, they threatened to kill your kids if she didn't get involved. When we stopped her, she immediately told us you were in danger, and we arrived as fast as we safely could."

Legotron123 wrote:”I.... would like that.” Liz said after a moment of thought. I”m not sure how late it is, so we might not have enough time to get any meaningful testing done anyways.”
"It's getting close to seven. We should probably begin the walk there." Hivemind said, leading them out of the shop and toward the transportation hub.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," Corp added, suddenly feeling the weight of the worlds on him. "I need to get the full crew list anyhow. I wonder how the Nocturl family is getting on."
"They are planning the Lieutenant's funeral. Or rather, Lieutenant Nocturl is trying to plan his own funeral. He's trying to get this played at some point during the memorial. His mother isn't having any of it." Hivemind said, playing the rather recognizable tune as they walked.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Out of interest," Jaken said, trying to feign disinterest in the situation he was mentioning and one member in particular and failing badly, "how 's the team getting on?"
"They did well. Their assignment went off with no major issues, and they are all back on the ship. Though I think I know who you are most interested in knowing about. Rika didn't have too much to do on this assignment. I'll have her come and pick you up soon. It's getting pretty late, but I think we still have time to sneak in some pizza." He said the last part to both Jaken and June. "It seems that this place has a "build your own pizza" option with some seafood toppings. Let's head inside and you two pick out what type of pizza you'd like." He said, carrying June inside and gesturing for Jaken to come along.

A hive droid walked up to Rika. "Hey, Rika. Jaken, June, and I have been having a lot of fun at the amusement park, Power World. Though considering it's going to get dark soon, you should probably come pick up Jaken." He turned to Traci. "You did well today, Traci. I suggest getting some dinner and then getting some rest. It's going to be an early day tomorrow. You too, Tatiana."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’d probably find that a lot funnier if I had the slightest idea what that was referring to. I mean, I get that my kind bare a great resemblance to Earth foxes, but the way you phrased it implies that being called a ”total fox” is some kind of compliment.” Kolt said, taking the invitation to sit on the couch. ”So, what’s your job on the Beacon?”
-
Liz and Lewis both burst out laughing as soon as Hivemind played the Mario death sound. ”I can’t tell if that’s absolutely brilliant or one of the most disrespectful things I’ve ever heard of. Considering it’s his funeral, I’m going with the former.”
”It could be worse.” Lewis said between fits of laugher. ”He could start quoting the “bring out your dead” scene from Monty Python in the middle of the wake.”

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:A hive droid walked up to Rika. "Hey, Rika. Jaken, June, and I have been having a lot of fun at the amusement park, Power World. Though considering it's going to get dark soon, you should probably come pick up Jaken." He turned to Traci. "You did well today, Traci. I suggest getting some dinner and then getting some rest. It's going to be an early day tomorrow. You too, Tatiana."
Rika, who was chatting to Traci about something, turned to Hive when he spoke. "Alright, thank you, I was just thinking of going to find him anyway." She replied after he finished. Yeah, thanks Hive! I could go for some food.. I'll be heading off then! Bye Rika!" Traci cut in before walking off with a wave. "See you tomorrow, Traci." Rika called back. "I'll get going too.. Ah, could you show me the way Hive? I don't think I've been to Power World before.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken trotted along to the pizza place and started preparing a 'surf' pizza for himself to see what stuff June liked to eat tasted like. Then he arranged a personal Chicken one with light cheese and salad toppings to be added after cooking for Rika.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please tell me he's not planning to officiate too," Corp half moaned, trying not to laugh at the music cue. "At least it's not the 'extra life' sound," he conceded.
"Oh, it means she finds you very attractive," he confirmed, before Jenny flung a cushion at him and he defended himself with an arm. "And I work in retail, Kolt," he added, passing her the cushion back.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I suppose I'll have to thank her later," Jenevive allowed, keeping her voice low and tone dark. "And whoever's responsible should probably thank you too. If something had happened to us I don't know how... well, I DO know how she'd react. Lots of blood and a ruptured empire."
"That's your parents room, Corvis," Hannabelle said, striding into the talked about room. "Out of there!"
A moment later she emerged, carrying a giggling Cub by the back of his shorts. He waved to Hive and his parents as he swung around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Donnig some basic underwear, Keeva started looking on the vid system for engineering jobs/qualifications she could apply for.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

June meanwhile was busy pushing the upper limits of how much and how many toppings she was allowed to add, as she seemed determined to add everything. By the end she has a 4cm thick pizza with over fifty kinds of toppings and six different kinds of cheese holding it all together.

"I wonder if this is big enough..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I hear some people say there's too much fish, June," Jaken said happily, seeing the pizza pile on his best friend's plate before saying 'there's too much fish there' in an atrocious Bahaman accent. "I think they're fibbing," he added quickly as he took his plates to a table.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"well, I don't think some of these are fish... Half? Specially the one labeled 'doh-nar' I grabbed. Or the different kinds of little green things..."

((When I said she can eat anything, I meant it, one of the toppings she's got in there is Skittles.))
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Liz and Lewis both burst out laughing as soon as Hivemind played the Mario death sound. ”I can’t tell if that’s absolutely brilliant or one of the most disrespectful things I’ve ever heard of. Considering it’s his funeral, I’m going with the former.”
”It could be worse.” Lewis said between fits of laugher. ”He could start quoting the “bring out your dead” scene from Monty Python in the middle of the wake.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Please tell me he's not planning to officiate too," Corp half moaned, trying not to laugh at the music cue. "At least it's not the 'extra life' sound," he conceded.
"He is definitely trying for it." Hivemind said, both to the "bring out your dead" reference and the idea of the Lieutenant officiating his own funeral. He led the two through a portal door in the transportation hub directly to the hanger the Steelhaven rested in. "Here we are. I... took it upon myself to clear out the dead once Chris fixed everything and made previously inaccessible areas accessible. I've moved them to the ship's mortuary until they can be given proper funerals. Found a couple more trapped survivors in the process. Anyway, feel free to go in and search through your stuff. I'll just be waiting out here."

---------------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika, who was chatting to Traci about something, turned to Hive when he spoke. "Alright, thank you, I was just thinking of going to find him anyway." She replied after he finished. Yeah, thanks Hive! I could go for some food.. I'll be heading off then! Bye Rika!" Traci cut in before walking off with a wave. "See you tomorrow, Traci." Rika called back. "I'll get going too.. Ah, could you show me the way Hive? I don't think I've been to Power World before.
"See you in the cafeteria, Traci." He turned back to Rika and requested she follow him. He led her through the nearest portal door to the Capitol District transportation hub, and then up to the elevated train station. "Power World isn't public property. Thus, portal doors don't go there directly. Have to take the maglev. I've taken Jaken and June to a pizza place there. Jaken's building you a pizza as well if you wanted to eat while we were there."

- - - - -

Hivemind waited in the public kitchen for Traci, as well as anyone else, to arrive.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken trotted along to the pizza place and started preparing a 'surf' pizza for himself to see what stuff June liked to eat tasted like. Then he arranged a personal Chicken one with light cheese and salad toppings to be added after cooking for Rika.
Buster wrote:June meanwhile was busy pushing the upper limits of how much and how many toppings she was allowed to add, as she seemed determined to add everything. By the end she has a 4cm thick pizza with over fifty kinds of toppings and six different kinds of cheese holding it all together.

"I wonder if this is big enough..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I hear some people say there's too much fish, June," Jaken said happily, seeing the pizza pile on his best friend's plate before saying 'there's too much fish there' in an atrocious Bahaman accent. "I think they're fibbing," he added quickly as he took his plates to a table.
Buster wrote:"well, I don't think some of these are fish... Half? Specially the one labeled 'doh-nar' I grabbed. Or the different kinds of little green things..."

((When I said she can eat anything, I meant it, one of the toppings she's got in there is Skittles.))
Hivemind couldn't help but laugh when he saw June's pizza. "You are DEFINITELY Kolt's daughter. You sure you can eat all of that?" He asked as he paid for the pizza. "I mean, I know it's not going to poison you, but it's definitely a lot of food. I'm not sure how much you can handle." He turned to Jaken. "Rika is on her way to pick you up, but I think she's going to eat with us first."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I suppose I'll have to thank her later," Jenevive allowed, keeping her voice low and tone dark. "And whoever's responsible should probably thank you too. If something had happened to us I don't know how... well, I DO know how she'd react. Lots of blood and a ruptured empire."
"That's your parents room, Corvis," Hannabelle said, striding into the talked about room. "Out of there!"
A moment later she emerged, carrying a giggling Cub by the back of his shorts. He waved to Hive and his parents as he swung around.
"I hope everything is satisfactory. I know it isn't what you had, but as I said, I am committed to making this as painless as possible. In fact, I'm bringing in a few things soon that you will need. Spare clothes, food, things like that. It should all get here soon." Hivemind told Jenevive.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Donnig some basic underwear, Keeva started looking on the vid system for engineering jobs/qualifications she could apply for.
Keeva would find a job opportunity that stands out. Hivemind is looking to hire engineers to start working on upgrading the Steelhaven. On-sight training included.
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"See you in the cafeteria, Traci." He turned back to Rika and requested she follow him. He led her through the nearest portal door to the Capitol District transportation hub, and then up to the elevated train station. "Power World isn't public property. Thus, portal doors don't go there directly. Have to take the maglev. I've taken Jaken and June to a pizza place there. Jaken's building you a pizza as well if you wanted to eat while we were there."
Rika followed Hivemind along, shuddering slightly as she exited the portal door. "Aw, that's so nice of him.. I'll be sure to thank him for thinking about me when we get there." She replied, standing by the droid as they waited for the maglev.

-----

Traci entered the champion tower's cafeteria not long after she left the hanger, then headed straight to the public kitchen. "Hey again Hive! Can I have, uh, a small bag of chicken strips? I'll cook a proper meal when I get home later.." She asked the human-looking droid calmly, leaning on the counter.

-----

Dan mumbled lightly as he turned over in his sleep, only to wake up to the other side of the bed being empty. He pushed himself up to look around, and saw Keeva sitting on the end of the bed with her back to him. He smiles and crawls up behind her. "What'cha looking at?" He asked quietly into her ear.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yay," Jaken called at the news before pausing with a handpaw holding a skittle he'd just purloned from Junes' pizza. "How can I protect her if she leaves me behind," he asked with a touch of plaintiveness.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"JJust looking for work, my lover," Keeva purred. "Seems they're looking for volunteers to upgrade a certain ship of ours?" She leaned back and kissed him.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Suggest you turn the main computer back on, Captain," Corp advised. "I turned it off for safety. Who else did you find, Hivemind?"
--------------------------------------------------------------
"Thanks for that," Jenevive sighed. "It's going to hit home soon, you know? All the stuff that's been lost."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded at Hivemind's words, "Aye, aye boss. Some grub sounds good." She walked her way to the public kitchen, giving a wave to Traci as she entered, "Heya Traci, hiya Hive. I think I'll just have one of those burgers I've heard so much about. " She said, simply enjoying the evening atmosphere after the mission.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Well I kinda figured that after she referred to me as “handsome” so much I think it’s my new nickname.” Kolt said, a small smirk on his face. ”Also, I’m pretty sure Jenny said you had a partner? Where are they?”
-
”Already on it.” Liz said, as she pulled up the ships controls on her tablet. It asked her for verification and she positioned the devices microphone closer to her mouth. ”Captain Elizabeth Walker. Identification code Dead Beat Skin Game.”
ACKNOWLEDGED. REACTIVATING MAIN SYSTEMS.
The lights in the ship turned back on, and Liz set to work reactivating the teleporters.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind couldn't help but laugh when he saw June's pizza. "You are DEFINITELY Kolt's daughter. You sure you can eat all of that?" He asked as he paid for the pizza. "I mean, I know it's not going to poison you, but it's definitely a lot of food. I'm not sure how much you can handle."
june's response is a single word: "Shark."

- - - - - - -

hivemind might notice four odd things. 1) a private taxi shuttle just returned to the beacon empty, having apparently transported someone to the surface, despite a complete lack of proper launch authorization. 2) the paper trail from that anomaly leads to the business owner responsible, who neglected to file the fare properly, and has clearly been heavily bribed. 3) tracing the funds reveals that detailed scans of a handful of different hive drone models are circulating on the black market, the money from which was sent to a public terminal on the beacon, last used two hours ago, shortly before the shuttle went plannetside. and lastly, 4) epsilon and three quarters of the credits from the black market sales are missing.

((Epsilon has been removed from the rp, and will remain so indefinitely. she was never meant for this setting.))

- - - - - - -

"Riiight... and give sir wikipedia an excuse to explain something? can't i get a cliff notes version from someone who DOESN'T alternate between long winded and infuriating?" Kobor complains, though still taking the letter.