Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, well then," Saffy said, putting an arm around the Hivebot's 'shoulders' and trying to sound jolly, "I suppose we'd better go, rejoin the others, then?"
Hivemind turned his head and looked at the arm. "Just make sure you don't get this close to any of the other champions. As this isn't the real me, it doesn't matter, but with the others you run the risk of copying their powers." Hivemind said, walking out with Saffy.

-----------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The Deputy launched into a profanity that didn't translate very well. "I think you'd better tell your boss," he said. "So he can tell MY boss so I don't have to..."
Gadgeteer tapped his wrist computer and brought up his communication link with Hivemind. "Hivemind, we may have found the source of the child's powers. We also found at least one of the local creatures gained the same abilities as Saffy through exposure to this cave. Said creature ended up killing a hunter." He said. "I'm sending you the images."

There was silence for a minute, then a response. "Understood. I'll get Archangel in there to investigate the full extent of the cave. In the meantime, I will contact the Sheriff. The police need to set up a perimeter around that hill to make sure nobody goes near it. Wait there with the deputy until Archangel arrives."

"Understood." Gadgeteer said. He looked down at the Deputy, "Keep a clear distance from the sinkhole. Archangel won't take long to get here."

- - - - -

Meanwhile, the Sheriff would receive a call from Hivemind. "Sheriff Messalca, I have some information about a potential ongoing case of yours. I also am afraid I need a favor..."

-----------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I've heard of them," Hannabelle replied, "but not tried yet. Isn't Sushi Japanese for 'I know how to fish but not how to cook?'" She gave a slight smile at her little joke.
Gear let out a laugh. "Yeah, an' I think Steack à la tartare roughly translates to 'tried to make a hamburger but forgot the grill.' Either sound interestin', or should I keep lookin'?" Gear asked.

-----------------
furrygamer793 wrote:"That sounds good, I honestly am not really sure on what else I want." Nat replied.
Hivemind shook his head. "Honestly, I think you should take some time and give it more thought, Nat." He said. "Besides, it will take time to pick out or construct a house for you, and it's getting late. I can put you into a temporary house or apartment for tonight, and we can decide on more suitable accommodations tomorrow. Does that sound fair?"

-----------------
Legotron123 wrote:”Are you sure? I wasn’t joking about having plenty of D&D jokes to tell.” Lewis said, a friendly smirk on his face. ”But in all seriousness, I’m sure that if they have a non-chemical solution to your astral projection problem, they’ll let you know. Though knowing this dimension, it’s probably going to be stupid and make my head hurt.
"I wouldn't mind hearing some D&D jokes." Nocturl shrugged. "We just have some more important things to do first. Even I know when to get serious."
Buster wrote:"You mean like one of the engineers being able to fix our thoroughly-wrecked ship by poking it?" she said hearing the mumbled tail end of Lewis' comment. "or are you picturing something weirder? Cause i'm not sure my imagination can out do that."
"How about a person dying horribly, and then helping to plan their own funeral?" Nocturl suggested. "I imagine that causes a few headaches."

-----------------
Deske wrote:"Sounds like a good plan to me. It'll be nice to have something normal after a day like today." Chris finishes off the last of his fried tentacles, dumps the crumbs in the bin and heads up to the food truck to return the basket. He heads over to where Kolt has found the owner and waits for a lull in the conversation before asking, "Couldn't help but hear that you were gonna have a movie night. Got room for one more?"
MT follows Chris over to Kolt, but doesn't really say anything. Unless the room they were watching in had a large window he could peek his head through, he doubted that he would be able to watch the movies.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, sir," the manager said, leading the way, "you may need to move a few chairs around and I'll get the Equinna chairs out but it should do." He led them into a large room with chairs and tables already set up and a lengthy, high, set of walls.
----------------------
Saffy made a sound that was almost a mock sigh. "My days of touching people are over," she lamented. "What if they're hiding powers? What if they don't know about them? What... the flip is going on," she asked, seeing people heading towards them from the courtyard.
----------------------
Messalca grumbled slightly as the call came in and put the cage containing dinner out of sight. She'd gotten Legion set up in one of the cells - with the door open, of course - and had installed a portable vid/comm combi unit so the gestalt could watch TV or make calls as they needed. She accepted the call. "Go ahead, Hive," she said, feeling she wasn't going to like this one little bit.
---------------------
"Just saying, they're very 'you', Kol," Jenny said, admiring the workmanship. "Shall we follow them in," she asked, indicating Kolt and the others.
----------------------
After they were finished, Jaken hopped down from his seat, burped once, apologised, and prepared to head on out, taking Miss Rika's hand when offered and, without thinking on it, offering his other hand to June.
--------------------
"Nah," Hannabelle remarked, "the tarty thing sounds good." She almost commented that it might be appropriate too but managed to keep that in. It probably wouldn't have been as funny as she thought.
--------------------
"Ah," Sana said, "I just, sometimes, think straight line thinking is boring. If everything can be improved, why can't the best route from A to B not be a curve, rather than a straight line? After all, illogic states that, sooner or later, the straight line will hit a mountain and need a lot of tunnelling." Her left ear flopped to one side. "Or something... Ah, burger."
-------------------
"Well, love," Cherry said gently, "if we need to learn how to be crotchety, we can always spend time with your friend the Mouse."
------------------
Corp watched the interaction between Liz and Hawk silently, almost as the bird that shared the merc's name.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: The hobomancer simply shrugged at Jim's statement. "Perhaps you will. Now that Conall and Cailean know how to visit, perhaps they can bring a message back from home."
"Ye mean we can come back any time?" Conall asks, surprised. "Also, haow are we goin' tae get th' message frae Hivemind's universe back tae oor own?"

"All right. Ah cannae wait tae show ye th' bedroom." Cailean grins playfully.
"Ah hope ye're nae fergettin' tae treat Sarah as th' lady she is." Aileas reminds Cailean reproachfully but with a grin.
"Och, Ah'm definitely treatin' her as th' lady she is, right, Sarah?" grins the younger dog, putting his arm around the English collie.
"Oh, Ma, Da, before Ah ferget... Back on th' Steelhaven, Cap'n Liz told us there were documents aboot oor family tha' were redacted by th' Queen. Dae ye ken wha' tha' was aboot?"
Jim and Aileas glance at each other.
"Ah suppose there's nae harm in ye kennin'* naow. An' it might help protect ye further. Ah'm sorry we didnae tell ye earlier but we wanted tae keep ye safe. Clearly tha' didnae work out. Also we signed NDAs sae we cuidnae tell ye anywye other than in exceptional circumstances. Anywye, ye remember tha' telephone tower in th' north-east corner o' the estate?"
"Aye."
"Well, it wasnae just a phone tower. It was a listening station spyin' on Insignia."
"Wow."
"Aye, but there's more. We were also a safehoos* for Her Majesty. Had she needed tae flee Balmoral* she'd hae come tae us. Th' fact tha' Insignia kenned enough tae tak us oot is concernin'."
Cailean is stunned by this news.
"We need tae tell Corp an' th' Cap'n. They need tae get a message back tae Earth - oor Earth. We need tae protect th' Queen!"

*kennin'/kenned = knowing/knew
safehoos = safehouse
Balmoral = Balmral Castle, the Queen's summer castle/vacation castle in Scotland. She's usually there from July to October.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Aye," Sarah said, "he's th' right gentle..."
"Whoa, whoa," Dabry cut in, pushing both handpaws forward whilst grinning. "T.M.I! T.M.I."
"...gentl'dog," Sarah finished, glowering at Dabry as the cat put on a 'I thought you'd say that' face. "Shall we 'ead on?"
"Shall we go with them or do you and Connall want to show me the grounds," the Feline asked Aggie.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"Yeah, that'll work, Hivemind, but I can always just get a sleeping bag and have a sleepover." Nat said, "…I'm kidding, I'll just find a temporary house."
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt looked at Chris and MT and gave a friendly smile. ”Yeah, anyone who wants to watch with us is welcome to.” He said as he fiddled with his watch. ”This is going to be great. The first movie night with my new team, right after a long day of saving th-a planet. Plus, this’ll be my first time watching any movies from Earth! This is going to be so FUN!!!”

Liz raised an eyebrow as Hawks other side came out. ”Two consciousnesses in one body. Interesting.” She gave a slight chuckle at the mercenary’s attempted apology. ”Hopefully he at least has a better idea of how to act in a restaurant than you do.”

”Oh god, don’t remind me. Lewis said, burying his head in his hands for a few seconds. ”But yeah, after.... that, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if their way of dealing with insomnia involved the two of us going inside your head and fighting manifestations of your darkest desires. Seems like the exact sort of asinine thing this stupid dimension would do.” He sighed, before standing up and stretching. ”Regardless, it’s a waste of time to just stand around blabbering about what they might do instead of just going over there and actually seeing what they will do.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

"You can sort of describe it like that, if you prefer," Hawk hesitates before quickly adding "But if you are referring to earlier then...you're right, he has better manners." Hawk was still hesitating in his answers and The Other Side could tell as his heart was racing a bit, but he wasn't sure why. Quickly taking over his head, The Other Side instead apologies for Hawk's current actions and said "In regards to your comment about a shared mind, I actually saved him eons ago and, since then, we've been working together. But that is all I will say on the matter." Sensing Hawk's heart had calmed, he lets Hawk regain control and Hawk looks at Liz and attempts a smile, with attempt being the keyword "So um," he chuckles a bit, "Your friend seems quiet!"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I could believe that. My line of work doesn't really do straight lines. Tends to be deadly if we just tunnel through things." He gave her his most serious shrug, before leaning to the side and spotting the waiter with their food, "Oh boy, incoming burgers, 12 o'clock," he says with a nod. As the waiter gets to their table and slides the food off the tray and onto the table, Denver unfolds his napkin and sets it in his lap, at least remembering his good manners.
------
"Ah hun, he's not that crotchety. He just likes his rules. Not always the worst thing. Plus when you've seen as much as he has, you can get pretty jaded at the world."
------
Chris nodded, a large grin on his muzzle, "Well if you need any recommendations for Earth movies, I've got a few."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Saffy made a sound that was almost a mock sigh. "My days of touching people are over," she lamented. "What if they're hiding powers? What if they don't know about them? What... the flip is going on," she asked, seeing people heading towards them from the courtyard.
"I believe Kolt is setting up a movie night with his teammates." Hivemind said, simply.

--------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca grumbled slightly as the call came in and put the cage containing dinner out of sight. She'd gotten Legion set up in one of the cells - with the door open, of course - and had installed a portable vid/comm combi unit so the gestalt could watch TV or make calls as they needed. She accepted the call. "Go ahead, Hive," she said, feeling she wasn't going to like this one little bit.
"Gadgeteer recently contacted me. He's captured a creature in the woods that obtained the ability to fire spiked ice projectiles at threats. We believe the creature obtained the power by copying it from a hunter who apparently died in the area." Hivemind started. "We believe that the creature obtained the mimic power through exposure to hazardous materials buried under the nearby mountain. Gadgeteer did an initial scan of the mountain and the caves under it and found the thing is effectively a radioactive geode. I'm sending in Archangel to investigate the full extent of the radioactive crystal cave to determine what needs to be done to keep it from bringing harm to any of the locals or wildlife." He said, keeping his tone calm and professional. "That's where we need your help. We need to set up a perimeter to keep people away from the hazardous materials while the investigation is underway. Things that induce glitches and powers in people are far more likely to induce radiation poisoning and cancer. It's why we discourage people from seeking out powers. We don't want anyone exposed to it."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nah," Hannabelle remarked, "the tarty thing sounds good." She almost commented that it might be appropriate too but managed to keep that in. It probably wouldn't have been as funny as she thought.
"Steak a la tartare it is then!" Gear said, tapping the screen. He flipped the menu back down and turned his attention back to the movie. It wasn't long before his attention went back to Hannabelle, however. "So how's the family doin'? Has to be rough gettin' uprooted and moved so suddenly."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ye mean we can come back any time?" Conall asks, surprised. "Also, haow are we goin' tae get th' message frae Hivemind's universe back tae oor own?"
"'course you can! Given it's a good time. All you have to do is do what you did to get here in the first place. Think of your family, and ask Diligitis if you can see them." He said with a big grin on his face. "Assuming there's nobody nearby playing drunken darts, he'll probably say yes. As for the message... Hand it over to Hivemind. He'll know what to do."
Hlaoroo wrote:"All right. Ah cannae wait tae show ye th' bedroom." Cailean grins playfully.
"Ah hope ye're nae fergettin' tae treat Sarah as th' lady she is." Aileas reminds Cailean reproachfully but with a grin.
"Och, Ah'm definitely treatin' her as th' lady she is, right, Sarah?" grins the younger dog, putting his arm around the English collie.
"Oh, Ma, Da, before Ah ferget... Back on th' Steelhaven, Cap'n Liz told us there were documents aboot oor family tha' were redacted by th' Queen. Dae ye ken wha' tha' was aboot?"
Jim and Aileas glance at each other.
"Ah suppose there's nae harm in ye kennin'* naow. An' it might help protect ye further. Ah'm sorry we didnae tell ye earlier but we wanted tae keep ye safe. Clearly tha' didnae work out. Also we signed NDAs sae we cuidnae tell ye anywye other than in exceptional circumstances. Anywye, ye remember tha' telephone tower in th' north-east corner o' the estate?"
"Aye."
"Well, it wasnae just a phone tower. It was a listening station spyin' on Insignia."
"Wow."
"Aye, but there's more. We were also a safehoos* for Her Majesty. Had she needed tae flee Balmoral* she'd hae come tae us. Th' fact tha' Insignia kenned enough tae tak us oot is concernin'."
Cailean is stunned by this news.
"We need tae tell Corp an' th' Cap'n. They need tae get a message back tae Earth - oor Earth. We need tae protect th' Queen!"
Mr. C smiled. "Then I think it's best if you hurry on back for now. The house'll still be here tomorrow. Things in Heaven have a tendency to last a long time. But, all I can do is offer the suggestion."

furrygamer793 wrote:"Yeah, that'll work, Hivemind, but I can always just get a sleeping bag and have a sleepover." Nat said, "…I'm kidding, I'll just find a temporary house."
"Alright." Hivemind said. "I think there's a starter house that opened up downtown. It's near a park with a running track, so it should suit your needs. Follow me, please." Hivemind said, walking off towards the nearest portal door.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Messalca kind of felt her brain was melting out of her ears as she listened to Hive talk. "What did you say," she asked, before holding a hand up. "Never mind, never mind. Dead hunter? {Sigh} I think I can guess the Hill... The Twm, I take it? I'll be there in 1/2 an hour, with a deputy or two." Just enough time for Dinner, she thought.
---------------
"I'll have to sit at the back," Saffy muttered, "and not behind the big guys."
--------------
Jenny started pulling chairs around so they faced the front as the owner dragged in two solid looking chairs, one at a time.
--------------
"I have nothing to say," Corp said in reply to Hawk. He kept his hands behind his back.
-------------
Hannabelle thought on that a moment. "Jenevive will keep their paws on the ground," she said eventually. "She travelled around with me and 'family' when she was younger. Part of the problem with me, I think. I'm more worried with future problems. Golten's got a power, it seems." She sighed lightly. "Clairvoyance. He can see any target he's looking for. Even saw ME on the planet, I hear?" She chuckled. "And Corvis is insisting on clothes than the usual. Dunno where he got that from."
-----------
"Always good to have food," Sana said, wondering where the cutlery was until Denver picked his up. "Oh, it's kinda like a sandwich," she said, her ear standing back up as she used both hands to stop things sliding around.
----------
"You definitely see the best in people, love," Cherry admitted.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana simply began to lightly help move some chairs into position, eager to experience a movie for the first time and see what they had to offer. She didn't say anything, though did give a chuckle to Kolt's enthusiasm.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Buster wrote:"You mean like one of the engineers being able to fix our thoroughly-wrecked ship by poking it?" she said hearing the mumbled tail end of Lewis' comment. "or are you picturing something weirder? Cause i'm not sure my imagination can out do that."
"How about a person dying horribly, and then helping to plan their own funeral?" Nocturl suggested. "I imagine that causes a few headaches."
"To be fair, your weirdness didn't magicaly un-vaporise several hundred tonnes of hull and systems, and who knows what else... and you and i arrent really that different from holo-projections, just without an emitter nearby... so... No that's still weirder."
Legotron123 wrote:”Oh god, don’t remind me. Lewis said, burying his head in his hands for a few seconds. ”But yeah, after.... that, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if their way of dealing with insomnia involved the two of us going inside your head and fighting manifestations of your darkest desires. Seems like the exact sort of asinine thing this stupid dimension would do.” He sighed, before standing up and stretching. ”Regardless, it’s a waste of time to just stand around blabbering about what they might do instead of just going over there and actually seeing what they will do.”
"Like... physically? or are we talking 'psychic' nonsense?" she asked scrunching her face up in an odd expression, as she got up to follow the LT. "Cause i can't actually decide which sounds dumber."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sorry, Sarah. We'd better get back. Ah'll show ye th' hoose taemorrer." Cailean looks sad. "We hae tae warn th' Queen first."

~~~~~~~~
"Ah'd love tae give ye a private tour." Aggie tells the cat shyly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, but the bread is called a bun instead of bread. Same concept different words," Denver explained. "So," he said between bites, "Night on the town after this?"
------
"I have to. Gotta find a reason to keep working," he shrugged his shoulders.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Thanks, but I already have a few movies planned. I’ll definitely be asking for your advice next time though!” Kolt said, taking his watch off and setting it down on a table. He fiddled around with the holo screen for a minute, before it shot a beam of light at the wall, showing a bunch of images with movie titles underneath them. While most of them were clearly Concertian, there were a few Earth films in there. Kolt scrolled towards one of them, labeled “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” then, once he thought everyone was ready, hit play, before heading over to the assembled seats and sitting next to Jenny.

“Yeah, Corp is like that sometimes. Don’t worry though, there’s no one I trust more to have my back, and if you’re working with us, he’ll have your back too.” Liz said, clearly having complete faith in her friend.

Lewis paused for a moment as he considered what Ruby said. ”I was leaning towards the psychic nonsense option, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we had to shrink down and fight a monster on your Central Sulcus.” He pondered aloud, before shaking his head. ”I’m not entirely sure which is dumber either, but if fiction has taught me anything, the psychic option would at least be more visually interesting.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Thank you for the reassurance, Liz" Hawk replied while glancing over at Corp, "So I take it this is your first time working with someone like me?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca kind of felt her brain was melting out of her ears as she listened to Hive talk. "What did you say," she asked, before holding a hand up. "Never mind, never mind. Dead hunter? {Sigh} I think I can guess the Hill... The Twm, I take it? I'll be there in 1/2 an hour, with a deputy or two." Just enough time for Dinner, she thought.
"Might want to bring a few more than that. If the cave system is as extensive as initial scans lead me to believe, we'll need to figure out if there are any other entrances." Hivemind suggested. "Gadgeteer and Archangel will meet you there. I'll send in a few hive drones. See you soon." He said before cutting off.

-------------------------

It didn't take long for Archangel to arrive on scene. The humanoid alien hovered over the trees, beating his massive wings to stay in the air while he lowered himself to the ground where Gadgeteer and the Deputy were. "I'm here." He said.

Gadgeteer led him toward the sinkhole. "This is the entrance." the Varanian said. "Lots of radiation coming from this hole. What are you planning on doing?"

"Just scouting. I can go farther in than your drones." He stepped up to the Deputy. "Archangel. Pleasure to meet you." He said, smiling and holding out a hand for the Deputy to shake. "Can you tell me anything about this area?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle thought on that a moment. "Jenevive will keep their paws on the ground," she said eventually. "She travelled around with me and 'family' when she was younger. Part of the problem with me, I think. I'm more worried with future problems. Golten's got a power, it seems." She sighed lightly. "Clairvoyance. He can see any target he's looking for. Even saw ME on the planet, I hear?" She chuckled. "And Corvis is insisting on clothes than the usual. Dunno where he got that from."
"Maybe he just likes the look of 'em, an' the fact that most'a the Beacon's population wears 'em just gives 'im an excuse ta try new styles?" Gear suggested. "An' Hive'll help Golten learn how to live with the power." He turned to the movie, but his attention was still on Hannabelle. "Wouldn't mind meetin' 'em if ya introduce me."

Buster wrote:"To be fair, your weirdness didn't magicaly un-vaporise several hundred tonnes of hull and systems, and who knows what else... and you and i arrent really that different from holo-projections, just without an emitter nearby... so... No that's still weirder."
"I'm pretty sure a ghost is more than just a hologram. I don't think I'm made of light. I really don't know." Nocturl shook his head. "I bet someone on this ship knows."
Buster wrote:"Like... physically? or are we talking 'psychic' nonsense?" she asked scrunching her face up in an odd expression, as she got up to follow the LT. "Cause i can't actually decide which sounds dumber."
Legotron123 wrote:Lewis paused for a moment as he considered what Ruby said. ”I was leaning towards the psychic nonsense option, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we had to shrink down and fight a monster on your Central Sulcus.”
"Oh, come on, this universe is bonkers, but it's not that dumb. Right?" He said, somewhat uncertainly. "...Right?!"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Oh, come on, this universe is bonkers, but it's not that dumb. Right?" He said, somewhat uncertainly. "...Right?!"
"This ship is big enough that ours, which is not small, fits in their shuttle bay. but, as far as i can figure out, the actual crew are less than we'd consider a skeleton, because their captain is an army of robots. something nobody seems to question the insanity of. of course it is." she takes a moment to explain as they head out, rolling her eyes, her physical self staying close to lewis.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Twin personalities," Corp said, "yes. Mercenaries? No."
------------------
Jenny settled in next to Kolt and, subtly, put her arm around him.
------------------
"Meeting him so often, people are gonna talk," Messalca said, gulping her dinner and washing her face. "Gavik, Tawny, you're watching the town and our guest. Figure we can trust him so, if'n you need to attend anything major, deputise him. Rest've you? With me. Gavik, get Lodes on the horn, tell her to meet me at the Twm. Summat's up." She led the other three deputies out.
----------------
"Well, um," the deputy said, letting his hand be shaken and hoping to get it back, "Usually has more Hunters but this is the off-season. Local legends has it connected with local Witches but it's not an area even the kid's frequent as the Samwitch night is in the middle of Hunt season so... Sorry, I'm jabbering."
----------------
Hannabelle smiled at him casually. "Figured we would, sooner rather than later, huh?"
----------------
"Oh, absolutely," Sana agreed, "See what this place has to offer!"
----------------
Sarah got ready to head out as Dabry took Aggie's paw. He made no attempt to take her away from her brothers.
----------------
"Nah," Cherry replied, "I reckon you're just a secret optimist."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

(Kolt is done for the day)

“Yeah, mercenaries are nothing we haven’t encountered before. Not that that’s true for much else in this universe.” Liz said, a joking smirk on her face. ”If you told me a week ago I’d be a shapeshifter, he’d be an empath, and we’d both be working for a guy who communicates entirely through an army of robot duplicates of himself, I’d call you crazy.”

As the group left Nocturl’s house, Lewis stayed close to Ruby’s body, ready to intervene if any thing happened. “And let’s not forget that you’re a ghost, she has a case of unwilling astral projection, my mother can basically murder conservation of mass just by thinking really hard, and I never have to get up for the tv remote again. This dimension pretty much runs on weird and stupid.”

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Heh, we've been called worst," Hawk smirked at Liz with a slight chuckle, "We've been called a demon a one point, so being called 'crazy' would've just been your way of saying we're normal...then again, when even Death itself doesn't want anything to do with us, that name seems fitting at some points."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After an emotional goodbye, Cailean turns to Conall and Sarah.
"We gotta close oor eyes and' picture oor bodies on tha' bench tae get back again." he says and signs before taking their paws, bowing his head and closing his eyes.

~~~~~~~~
An instant later the boys are back on the bench. Immediately they pull each other into a hug, both needing a few moments to grieve anew.

Once they've regained their composure and blown their noses, they turn to Hivemind.

"Mister Hivemind, sir, is there any way we can arrange a meetin' wi' Cap'n Liz an' Corp urgently? We've learned some things in Heaven they need tae ken. It's a matter o' national security back hame. Also we'll need ye tae come tae th' meetin' tae vouch for us if yer nae tae busy. They'll nae believe us otherwise." Cailean asks politely, speaking for Conall.

~~~~~~~~
Sadness never lasts too long in Heaven.
"Sae. Haow aboot tha' tour, 'andsome?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"This ship is big enough that ours, which is not small, fits in their shuttle bay. but, as far as i can figure out, the actual crew are less than we'd consider a skeleton, because their captain is an army of robots. something nobody seems to question the insanity of. of course it is." she takes a moment to explain as they head out, rolling her eyes, her physical self staying close to Lewis.
Legotron123 wrote:As the group left Nocturl’s house, Lewis stayed close to Ruby’s body, ready to intervene if any thing happened. “And let’s not forget that you’re a ghost, she has a case of unwilling astral projection, my mother can basically murder conservation of mass just by thinking really hard, and I never have to get up for the tv remote again. This dimension pretty much runs on weird and stupid.”

"Ok..." Nocturl said, floating alongside the other two. "That's all definitely crazy, but I think we're getting crazy and stupid mixed up." He shrugged. "Crazy would be if it turned out a weird alien creature had invaded your brain and was causing you to stop sleeping. I totally believe this universe would be crazy enough for that to happen. Stupid would be deciding the best way to get rid of said creature would be to shrink down and fight it in a battle to the death inside your physical brain instead of... literally any other surgical or non-surgical solution to having a foreign object lodged in your body." He clarified what he was thinking. "I totally think this place is crazy enough for there to be a monster in your brain, I just don't think it's stupid enough to suggest people go inside and fight it rather than any safer alternative."

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, um," the deputy said, letting his hand be shaken and hoping to get it back, "Usually has more Hunters but this is the off-season. Local legends has it connected with local Witches but it's not an area even the kid's frequent as the Samwitch night is in the middle of Hunt season so... Sorry, I'm jabbering."
"You don't have to be so nervous." Archangel reassured the deputy, calmly, though his imposing appearance probably made that difficult. "Samwitch night, huh?" He crossed his arms and grinned, showing surprisingly sharp teeth for someone who looked so human. Well, human aside from the wings. "Interesting name. I'd be fascinated to know the origin, but now's not the time. Have there been any other incidents aside from Saffy and the hunter?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle smiled at him casually. "Figured we would, sooner rather than later, huh?"
"How 'bout tomorrow then?" Gear suggested. "Could give 'em a surprise visit. Ya tell 'em who I am yet? If not... how 'bout we let it be a real surprise, eh?" He said, judging her playfully with his elbow.

Meanwhile, the server stepped up to the two and pulled out Hannabelle's table tray. "Your Steak a la tartare, ma'am." He said, carefully setting the dish of raw steak with egg on top and tartare sauce on the side in front of her. "Will there be anything else?" He asked.

Hlaoroo wrote:After an emotional goodbye, Cailean turns to Conall and Sarah.
"We gotta close oor eyes and' picture oor bodies on tha' bench tae get back again." he says and signs before taking their paws, bowing his head and closing his eyes.

~~~~~~~~
An instant later the boys are back on the bench. Immediately they pull each other into a hug, both needing a few moments to grieve anew.

Once they've regained their composure and blown their noses, they turn to Hivemind.

"Mister Hivemind, sir, is there any way we can arrange a meetin' wi' Cap'n Liz an' Corp urgently? We've learned some things in Heaven they need tae ken. It's a matter o' national security back hame. Also we'll need ye tae come tae th' meetin' tae vouch for us if yer nae tae busy. They'll nae believe us otherwise." Cailean asks politely, speaking for Conall.
Hivemind nodded. "I can let them know your coming. If you'll follow-" Hivemind started, but then stopped as he looked at someone approaching from down the park walking path. The old, frail looking man in a hood carried an ornate cane in one hand and a box tied up in a string bow in the other walked up to them with a smile on his face.

"Hey again!" Mr. C said, cheery as ever. "You left your Frushie back in Heaven! Your parents said to give the rest to you. I'll make them another one." he smiled brightly and handed the box of pie to the brothers. "I also wouldn't panic too much. The threat's not as bad as you think." He said, and signed. "Whelp, got to go! Toodles!" He waved and walked away, vanishing behind a tree as if he evaporated into thin air.

"...What."

(New Day will likely start with either my next post or the one after that. If you need more time, let me know.)
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz went silent for a moment, trying to figure out whether Hawk was just bragging about being tough, or if there was some personification of death that he’d upset somehow, before deciding it wasn’t worth the headache. “Well regardless, I’ll be looking forward to working with you in the future.” She said, only being slightly dishonest.

”I can think of at least one reason we would have to do that.” Lewis said as they walked down the street. ”If the creature in this scenario is some kind of parasite, it might have means of detecting and discouraging attempts to remove it, likely by threatening the host. If we fight it at it’s scale, it might instead view us as a competitor, which would allow us to distract it long enough to disable its means of resisting removal, and oh god, what has this universe done to me?”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm not answering that cause i don't want to jynx i-... nevermind."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

When Jaken got 'home', he helped set up the board(s) and played games with Rika and June for the rest of the evening. Win, lose. He didn't really care. But he had shirtless fun (and kept his shorts on as June's a guest.)
----------------
"And I'll judge you on what you do," Corp specified.
----------------
On a couple of occasions during the film, when everyone was watching the screen, Jenny subtly rubbed Kolt under the chin for a few seconds.
---------------
Messalca and her few deputies got to the Twm and the Sheriff facepawed as the Champions explained things.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk looked at Corp and nodded in silence. There was something about Corp that rubbed him the wrong way but he couldn't quite figure out what. He then looked at Liz and replied "I look forward to working with both of you as well," before placing his paw, which now was half his and half his Other Side, on his chest and said "Prin sângele care curge în corpul nostru și cu oțelul care îmbrățișează carnea noastră, ne vom onora acordul cu tine până când doamna Lunii ne cheamă*"

*Translation - By the blood flowing through our body and the steel that embraces our flesh, we will honor your agreement with you until the Lady of the Moon calls us.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Easy for you to say," Corp said, with the hint of a wry smile.
-------------------
"Nah," Hannabelle allowed, "this'll do, ta." She looked to Gear. "Sounds a plan, mate," she said. "Uh, meaning that the, uh, Bruttish way," she added awkwardly. "Saw it in a film."
-------------------
(A little later)
Sana walked back towards her room with Denver, ice skates tied around her neck. He'd just said something to make her laugh again and she looked up as they reached her door. "You coming down here," she asked, "or coming in so I can find a stepladder?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind nodded. "I can let them know your coming. If you'll follow-" Hivemind started, but then stopped as he looked at someone approaching from down the park walking path. The old, frail looking man in a hood carried an ornate cane in one hand and a box tied up in a string bow in the other walked up to them with a smile on his face.

"Hey again!" Mr. C said, cheery as ever. "You left your Frushie back in Heaven! Your parents said to give the rest to you. I'll make them another one." he smiled brightly and handed the box of pie to the brothers. "I also wouldn't panic too much. The threat's not as bad as you think." He said, and signed. "Whelp, got to go! Toodles!" He waved and walked away, vanishing behind a tree as if he evaporated into thin air.

"...What."
"Okay... Well tha' just happened..." says Cailean, looking shocked at the box in his paws.
"Tha' was Mister C. Ah think he's a manifestation o' Digilitus." Conall explains to Hivemind. "We met him in Heaven."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aye, best..." Sarah paused as Mr C. put in his appearance and looked at him in puzzled amusement, "best... best we speak to t' Captain 'bout things."
Dabry smiled gently at Aggie. "Of course, beautiful lady. Where would you like to see first?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Och, aye, right! Ah fergot aboot tha'!"

~~~~~~~~
"Well, haow aboot we start wi' yer biceps. Then we can move ontae yer chest." Aggie teases.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dabry chuckled. "I supposed I asked for that? With your permission, my Lord, My lady?" He gripped the bottom of his shirt and waited on them before removing it to 'show off' before accompanying Aggie around the estate.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Nat starts trailing behind Hivemind, wondering what it might be like at the house, "I wonder if I might meet other people with super speed at the track?" Nat said, not meaning to speak it out loud.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver stands in the doorway of Dana's house for a second before stepping inside, "It'd be rude of me to not help you look, wouldn't it?"
------
Colorado sighed thoughtfully, "Hmm, secret optimist..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sana smiled. "S'pose so," she admitted as the door closed automatically. "I think it's in the boot closet," she added, going to put the skates away and finding the steps in there. She pulled them out and took them over to Denver. "Essential Fennekin equipment, these," she said, stepping up so she was face to face with him. "Or we could sit on the settee and do this. Not sure why I didn't think of that." She remained just a few inches from him, letting him lead.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver have Sana small lick on the nose before wrapping his arms around her and carrying her back to the couch. He dropped both himself and her into the couch before planting a much longer kiss on her cheek, "Better to do it in comfort, eh?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sana shrugged,licked him back, said, "works for me," and made herself comfortable on him for the evening/night.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”I can think of at least one reason we would have to do that.” Lewis said as they walked down the street. ”If the creature in this scenario is some kind of parasite, it might have means of detecting and discouraging attempts to remove it, likely by threatening the host. If we fight it at it’s scale, it might instead view us as a competitor, which would allow us to distract it long enough to disable its means of resisting removal, and oh god, what has this universe done to me?”
Buster wrote:"I'm not answering that cause i don't want to jynx i-... nevermind."
Nocturl just laughed hysterically, floating alongside Lewis on his back as though lounging on thin air. "Ok, that I know isn't the universe's fault. You just watch too much tokusatsu. Gives you insight into sci-fi monster tropes. Tropes, I might add, we don't know are reality or fiction here."

- - - - -
Later...
- - - - -

The three of them arrived at an urgent care facility that deals with non-emergency medical situations. The doctors there were able to reassure Lewis and Ruby that there were no monsters inside Ruby's brain, and that even if there was there certainly would not be any reason to send people in to fight it. Upon having Ruby's religious objections to medication explained to her, the lead doctor signed some paperwork and was able to procure four small towers about the size of an internet router each. The doctor explained that these were "jammer nodes" that could be manually set to counteract Ruby's power as long as she was inside of the area defined by the node positions. The doctor instructed Ruby to set up one node in each corner of her bedroom and to turn it on whenever she was going to go to sleep.

Finishing up, the three left the urgent care center. Nocturl decided he wanted to roam around for a bit since he didn't have to sleep, and so for the rest of the night his spirit wandered the street. Occasionally, he would make spooky moaning sounds when he felt he was being watched. Throughout the night, the ghost trolled people out for late night walks. Whether it was standing creepily in their path and vanishing when they got close, or causing porch swings to suddenly start swinging as they passed by. He did a couple passes by one of the houses when he saw a fox kit (Corvis or Golten) looking out of the window. Kids love spooky things, he figured. He was thoroughly enjoying every moment of the reactions he was getting, and was having a grand time the whole night until the "sun" came up.

-------------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca and her few deputies got to the Twm and the Sheriff facepawed as the Champions explained things.
Throughout the night, Hivemind, Gadgeteer, and Archangel continued their investigation of the Twm. The more they investigated, the less Hivemind liked the situation. It seemed like there wasn't a square foot of the mountain that wasn't filled with radioactive crystals. The center of the hill was even hollowed out like a geode with the interior lined completely with the mineral. The cave system was so extensive Hivemind was surprised the entire hill hadn't just caved in and exposed the thousands of tons of crystal to the world.

There were only a few actions Hivemind could think to take, and he wasn't looking forward to bringing them up to Messalca, but he would have to. The Sheriff, assuming she slept at all, would wake to a notification about Hivemind needing to speak with her about the Champions' conclusions about the Twm.

At some point in the morning, the communication device in Rika's apartment started ringing, with the caller ID indicating Hivemind was trying to get a hold of her. The subject listed was "New Equipment is Ready."

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk looked at Corp and nodded in silence. There was something about Corp that rubbed him the wrong way but he couldn't quite figure out what. He then looked at Liz and replied "I look forward to working with both of you as well," before placing his paw, which now was half his and half his Other Side, on his chest and said "Prin sângele care curge în corpul nostru și cu oțelul care îmbrățișează carnea noastră, ne vom onora acordul cu tine până când doamna Lunii ne cheamă*"

*Translation - By the blood flowing through our body and the steel that embraces our flesh, we will honor your agreement with you until the Lady of the Moon calls us.
Once the meeting was over, Hivemind gave Hawk the directions on how to get back to his apartment room from there before biding him goodnight. "Training starts at 9 in the morning. I will set a wake-up call for you." he said before the two parted ways.

- - - - -

The next morning, the communicator in Hawk's room sounded like an alarm clock. "Good morning, Champions!" the wake-up call said. "It is currently 8:00 am. This is the wake up call and reminder to all Champions who have arranged to start training today. Please report to the training facilities on floor B1 to begin your training by 9."

furrygamer793 wrote:"No, I'm good, I have some in my apartment." Brad replied before he left the room with Ken, walking back to his apartment
Brad would also receive the same wake up call as Hawk, as the two both are starting training today. "Good morning, Champions!" the wake-up call said. "It is currently 8:00 am. This is the wake up call and reminder to all Champions who have arranged to start training today. Please report to the training facilities on floor B1 to begin your training by 9."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nah," Hannabelle allowed, "this'll do, ta." She looked to Gear. "Sounds a plan, mate," she said. "Uh, meaning that the, uh, Bruttish way," she added awkwardly. "Saw it in a film."
Gear had to laugh, even if it did draw a few looks from the other moviegoers. "Ah... In all seriousness though, I don' think I'd mind ya callin' me that whichever way ya meant it." he said. He carefully rested his arm around her shoulder and leaned a bit closer to her. "I thank ya fer doin' this with me. It's easy to forget in this line'a work how much ya need a real friend in this world. 'Specially in these late years. Someone who's been there, ya know? Someone ta talk to." he said as the movie started winding to a close and the credits started to roll.

After the movie, Gear walked Hannabelle back to the safe house. He mused that she likely wouldn't be needing to stay in the secure facility now that the operation posing a threat to her safety had a giant monkey wrench thrown into it and Hannabelle herself had proven trustworthy. He told her he would talk to Hivemind about getting her a more long-term residence that wasn't locked down so tight. He walked her to the porch of the cabin and up to the door, then gave her a friendly hug. He figured, given her reaction to calling him "mate" he wasn't quite sure if she'd be comfortable with anything more than that. He told her he'd drop by in the morning and they'd have the day to do whatever they felt like since neither were immediately needed for work the next day. He said goodbye to her as she entered, then started heading back to his own place.

- - - - -

True to his word, Gear showed up the next morning at 8:00 AM, knocked on the door to the cabin, and waited for Hannabelle to answer it.

furrygamer793 wrote:Nat starts trailing behind Hivemind, wondering what it might be like at the house, "I wonder if I might meet other people with super speed at the track?" Nat said, not meaning to speak it out loud.
"No doubt." Hivemind said as they approached the temporary house. Sure enough, there was a running track less than a block away, and a park with a jogging trail not much further. "People with powers tend to like using those powers. Speedsters enjoy racing each other on some of the larger tracks." He said, unlocking the door and handing Nat the keys. "I'll stop by in the morning to check on you. Sleep well!" Hivemind said. He waved goodbye, and started off.

- - - - -

The next morning, at a little after 8:00 am, the doorbell of Nat's house rang. Hivemind stood outside of the door like he said.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay... Well tha' just happened..." says Cailean, looking shocked at the box in his paws.
"Tha' was Mister C. Ah think he's a manifestation o' Digilitus." Conall explains to Hivemind. "We met him in Heaven."
"We've met... sort of." Hivemind shook his head, equal parts bemused and amused. "Whenever he shows up, I get a slight headache. I'm learning to just roll with it. That's all you can really do when you encounter someone like that."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Aye, best..." Sarah paused as Mr C. put in his appearance and looked at him in puzzled amusement, "best... best we speak to t' Captain 'bout things."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Och, aye, right! Ah fergot aboot tha'!"
"Right..." Hivemind said, thinking about how the Hobomancer had said "The threat's not as bad as you think." "What was it you needed to speak to Liz about?" he asked.

After the three explained the situation to him, Hivemind realized what the Hobomancer was saying. "Cailean... Conall... Insignia doesn't exist anymore. I can't tell you how I know that. It would take a long time to explain. Besides, the only person we currently have who can send that message isn't available right now, and likely won't be until the morning. I recommend finding the captain and telling her about it at that time."

It took a bit of convincing, but Hivemind managed to persuade the brothers to hold off on their message until the morning.

Now it's 8:00. It's morning.

Recon was one of the first people to wake up in the morning. She went for a jog around town, circling the town twenty times both ways and returning to her room before she realized only a minute had passed. So she went jogging again. And again, and again, and again. Once she had circled the town several hundred times and only five minutes had passed, she got bored of it and decided to wait outside of Traci's room until her speedster friend woke up.

Outside of Kolt's window as he slept, a white bubbling portal opened up just out of view.

Gadgeteer was walking back from the woods and into view of the motel. He was grumbling, tired, and hungry having not had dinner the previous night. He wondered if the food truck would serve him a whole boar if he asked them.
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:At some point in the morning, the communication device in Rika's apartment started ringing, with the caller ID indicating Hivemind was trying to get a hold of her. The subject listed was "New Equipment is Ready."
Rika was already up and was making a light breakfast for herself when the call came in. She answered it by sending a short message back: Good timing, I had just finished the 'ammunition' earlier this morning. I'll be at the Armoury shortly.

After finishing her breakfast and putting on some clothes she checked on Jaken and June, seemingly still sleeping in Jaken's room, then headed down to the Armoury.

------
CyberDragon wrote:Recon was one of the first people to wake up in the morning. She went for a jog around town, circling the town twenty times both ways and returning to her room before she realized only a minute had passed. So she went jogging again. And again, and again, and again. Once she had circled the town several hundred times and only five minutes had passed, she got bored of it and decided to wait outside of Traci's room until her speedster friend woke up.
Eventually, movement could be heard from inside Traci's room, and after a few seconds the Feline herself appeared from behind the door. "Ah! Good morning Recon! I'm glad you're up!" She greeted happily. "I was hoping we could chat some more before we do.. Whatever it is we're doing today!" She added, starting to do some limbering stretches.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Genevive sighed into a Coffee. She'd had something of a night corralling Corvis after he'd gone stalking a 'ghost' in the early hours and then she'd had to convince him that ghosts didn't exist and weeren't wandering the place, to which Corvis replied that the guide plainly siad they DID and had their own place whilst she tried to get him to keep his voice down so he didn't wake his brother. Eventually she'd managed it but, judging by the raised voices coming from their bedroom, Golten was awake and had heard the story and... yup," she thought, seeing one naked Cub and one fully dressed with trousers, shirt and... tye? come hurtling towards her, the peace was nice whilst it lasted.
----------------------
Jenny had been awake for a little while, scanning the Celican news channels after sending Sana a message to go meet John and get him an appointment with the IOC's Celica branch. Mostly she was looking for the fallout of yesterday - officially, at least - and how the people were coping. There seemed to be respect for the interim leader, Harkavan Jontal, who'd been on a trade mission to the Canine homeworld so hadn't been wiped out even slightly by events. She turned the system off. Perhaps she'd better go get breakfast or something? Having showered about an hour back, she proceeded to dress and stepped out of her room. She sniffed the air. Something was... off to her. Something pricking at her senses. "Can't I even have coffee first," she asked the universe. "Perhaps a croissant?"
-------------------
Jaken lay, spread-eagle, on top of the covers of his bed, trying not to wake up. He'd been his version of a gentlecub, keeping shorts on and offering June the inside of the covers but he wasn't awake enough to know if she had or hadn't got in. it had been a long day. He pulled his tongue back into his mouth and thought about waking up, blearily opening an eye.
-----------------
Keeva kissed Dan awake.
----------------
Hannabelle opened the door to be seen wearing light combat fatigues. She gave him a smile. "Y'comin' in, Gear," she asked, standing aside to let the veteran in. "Almost ready," she said as the door closed. Then, once in private, she gave him a small lick on the cheek.
---------------
Sana wondered why her bed smelled of Canine - as ridiculous as that sounded in her head - until she opened her eyes and remembered she was still dressed from last night and, indeed, still sat on her date. Something was beeping. Something close by... Ah, her computer. She gave her still probably sleeping companion a lick and slid off to find out what was so important. "Arrange a job interview for someone called John? Am I a secretary?" She resolved to ask Hivemind about this John guy Agent Miles had met in Monta's place later.
---------------
Messalca trudged up the 'cockamamie' road to the 'cockamamie' mountain, wondering why she'd forgotten breakfast this morning. It wasn't going to help her mood, she figured as she closed in on the meeting place.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie