Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

"You're telling me that a world capable of making Ironman suits has absolutely no other way of disseminating information across the planet besides a couple bundles of cat-six and some routers? Feels kinda backwards. Though I guess with a government like this, maybe spreading info isn't that important to them." he said with an frown. "Nice place though," he said taking in the garage.
------
"Well, there's movies, games, more dinner... Maybe some pre-night snuggles with a movie playing in the background?" Colorado said, returning to the sofa and draping an arm across Cherry's shoulders, pulling her in close.
------
"I figure maybe we could do a bit of sightseeing? Seeing as how we're both kinda new here," Denver said, gesturing to the ship in general, "See if there's anywhere interesting. Maybe do some cliche things, y'know, candlelit dinner, walking on the beach, staring at each other for way too long, the good stuff."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk stood there as Hivemind laid down the law, so to speak, to him though one could tell he was starting to flare up in anger as Hivemind brought up about the safeguards being installed on his gun. He did understand they were temporary but what got to him the most was that, to him at least, it seemed Hivemind was thinking his Other Side was pulling the trigger when all it ever does is tell him who was safe and who deserved to die. If he ever brought out the Other Side, it was only when firearms weren't enough. "You might as well safeguard my entire body then," Hawk retorts, "Cause as you said: You do not trust my other side to act in place of a safeguard, given his reputation for violence. When we said that oath to you, we made a promise that we would only act out if necessary and if the situation called for it. That is what the oath meant. When my other side acted out those times, the situation went beyond our control and we had no choice BUT to act out. We never take a life unless it was called for and we never killed innocents." Hawk was now starting to heat up from the anger, causing his Other Side to cool him off temperature wise, which resulted in him taking a few breaths and thanking him before looking back at Hivemind and apologizing. "Sorry about that," He began, "But when you been living through Hell for as long as you can remember and you're told the only link to happiness you have has to be altered, one tends to get defensive. Thought if we joined the Champions..we could finally leave that life behind and be treated as a normal guy. Guess..." Suddenly, the head of his Other Side took over for Hawk's head and began to speak to the Hivemind. "I want to apologize for Hawk's actions right now," it spoke in a low, somewhat mechanical voice that one would think would be threatening but it sounded more peaceful, "He watched alot of his friends die, including a close one of his, and had a intergalactic demon mess with him to no end...to the point of a very near death moment, hence why he gets defensive at times. For now, I will assure you myself that Hawk will comply with the rules you have set forward but he will not use his weapons his friend made for him, I will make sure of that. I understand you don't want to trust me but I make this promise to you with my own heart and voice speaking."
"I run a nation with the population of a planet. I cannot afford to take your word for it that you will keep to your oath. An oath is only as good as the honesty of the person making it, and an honest person and dishonest person say the exact same things. I cannot afford to simply accept that you will keep to your word. I have to use safeguards, at least until you have proven you are going to keep to that oath." Hivemind said. "That is why champions work in teams. That's why you are starting out working with senior champions. That is the safeguard on your body." The droid shook his head and stepped over to absently inspect the weapons on the shelves. "I am sorry Hawk has lost friends. I am sorry he has been tormented by a demon. But he isn't alone. He dealt with a demon, I've been attacked by all of them. He's watched friends of his die. I watch a person I consider a friend die every hour of every day. They die from age. From accidents I failed to stop. From mental illness I didn't notice. From diseases that work too quickly to cure." His head turned to look back at Hawk's other form. His eyes, despite being robotic, were full of conviction. "I'll be ****** if I let gun violence get added to that list. I make no exceptions. Not for champions, not for mercenaries, not for guards, police, agents, or anyone. It's my ship. All weapons MUST be rendered safe."

----------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"WhatdoyoumeanI'vegotpowers," Saffy blurted, speaking in the non stop stream some speeders use when they're scared. "Ican'thavepowers! I'vereadcomics! Badguystendtoattackpeoplewithpowers! I don't want powers! Idon'tthink I doanyway." She gesticulated fast enough to make her left sleeve fly off. "I'mgonna haveto payforthat."
In not to long, Hivemind showed up. "I'm here, Recon. I take it she's the one you mentioned?"

"Yes sir. I'm not sure what to do right now... I don't usually deal with people with new powers." Recon said, fidgeting.

"That's fine. I can handle this." Hivemind turned to Saffy. "I have a few questions for you, if you could please calm down."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Elsewhere, her dad moved the truck out of the garage.
Deske wrote:"You're telling me that a world capable of making Ironman suits has absolutely no other way of disseminating information across the planet besides a couple bundles of cat-six and some routers? Feels kinda backwards. Though I guess with a government like this, maybe spreading info isn't that important to them." he said with an frown. "Nice place though," he said taking in the garage.
MT thanked the Celican and stepped inside. "No matter how advanced it is, any internet system still requires somewhere to hold the information and something to transmit the information between nodes. If either are taken out in an attack, the communication that the internet depends on cannot happen."

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt rolled his eyes at Gadgeteer’s claim of being too heavy to lift. ”Dude, I have been throwing Varanians around like rag dolls all day. You were there for at least a couple of them.” He said, before simply shrugging it off. ”Whatever though, you don’t want to fly with me, you don’t have to.”
"...Which is probably why I can see your ribs, Scrawny. We can weigh up to a ton on average. Officers tend to be multiple tons. Go get to the motel and wait for Hivemind to bring us food. I won't be long." Gadgeteer said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny noted the Deputy falling silent and into line. "Gadgeteer, sir," she said after he'd responded to Kolt, "I think he just wanted your expression to lighten a bit? These people glowering at you?" She shrugged. "Why wouldn't they? After all, YOU'RE glowering at THEM. Some of them are probably just reflecting that, sir." She glanced around, silently checking on everyone else there.
Gadgeteer grumbled, sighed, and turned to the deputy. "Look. I... apologize. It was not becoming of me to say such a thing. The battle was far more personal for me than it was for most others on my team. There were enemies we faced and at least one person I saw that brought back a lot of bad memories. You could say it put me in a sour mood. Not to mention, my people are not known for having a sense of humor. It is best not to make jokes with me right now. We should simply move on."
Buster wrote:Kol at least seems amused by the wayard deputy's antics, even if no one else is. though it doesn't entirely make sense.
"What's a rabbit?"
"It's a small animal from Earth." Gadgeteer said. "Known mostly for eating carrots, having large litters of young, being fast, having long ears, and being prey to many Earth predators. Some humans keep them as pets."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Main thing he said," Corp grunted, still petting Snowball, "was as a warning. He said the Dracolich thing was returning soon."
Hivemind was silent for a while. Then, his voice sounded on the comm again. "I... understand. I had my suspicions. This is disturbing... but not unexpected. Did he say anything else?"
Legotron123 wrote:”He also said some stuff about “forming bonds with my teammates,” so I was thinking once I’m done checking in on Nocturl I’d see if Kobor was available. If not, then I’d just check in on the other people from the Steelhaven.” Liz said, sounding more than a little tired. She really was getting annoyed of so many shattering revelations in one day.
"He likely meant the other champions." Hivemind suggested. "Though Kobor and Talya are... going to be unavailable for a while. Perhaps you should go to the surface tomorrow and join up with some of the other recruits. Simply a suggestion. Is there anything else?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll let Dan ask the technical stuff," Keeva said, "but how are you? How's your day been? Newly fully sentient, I bet you've got some questions too?"
"I assume I have been well, though admittedly I have no frame of reference for what well is, or even what normal is." the Predator drone said. "Though I assume battling a fifty foot tall alien warlord falls outside of what is considered ordinary."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle, after having got some snacks, headed in to watch a film at the local screen with Gear.
Gear waved at Hannabelle, pointing to the seat next to him. "Find anything you like?"

Neon Icy Wings wrote:As Diligitis spoke Tatiana did at the very least appear to relax as she mulled the aspect's words over in her mind. "... Thanks Diligitis." She stood up and appeared to stretch, her fears and anxieties seemingly eased by the aspects counseling. "I needed that. You really have a way with words, ya know? But there's one part I think you're wrong about. Our pasts defines who we are presently. We just need to not let them dictate who we'll be in the future. I think that's how it went, I heard that somewhere before." She turned to her Diligitis second shell and her eye lights lit up dimly to happily compliment her smile. "Thanks again. But, uh, do ya know where everybody went? Hive kinda distracted me on multiple levels back there and I don't have a map."
The second shell nodded. "I know where it is. And I'll point it out to you. But why not sit and chat with me for a bit first? The hotel isn't going anywhere, and... if you'll pardon me for being a little selfish, it is a very rare treat for me to be able to simply hold a conversation with someone. Who knows? I might just be able to help you further."

Buster wrote:"if by 'the same way', you mean 'at all' then yes." kobor deadpans tapping his forehead in the same place his actual body has a scar from the mech fight. "No nerves to feel pain from remember? injuries are just information, not sensation."
Hivemind waved a hand and shook his head slightly. "Semantics. I consider that information to be pain, just delivered in a non-sensory way. Regardless, I did not take into account the fact that you do not respond to injury, and it appears to have cost you. I apologize."

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika saw him coming and held her arms out to catch him as he jumped, and kissed his cheek back after he did too. "I missed you too, Jaken. I'm sorry I make you worry.. Good news is, I have the whole of tomorrow to make it up to you!" She said happily, hugging Jaken close to her before finally turning to Hivemind. "Thanks again for keeping an eye on Jaken, Hive. Let me know when my equipment is ready, and also if the team needs my assistance for anything. Today or tomorrow. You know I'm not one for being completely off-duty.." She then let Jaken down and ruffled his headfur. "..Anyway, let's sit down, I am very much liking the idea of having a nice large meal right about now."
"It's no problem, Rika." Hivemind said. "I will tell you when your new gear is ready. I hope you enjoy your meal!" he said. Hivemind then walked off.

The waiter stepped up to take Rika's order.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, um," Saffy swallowed, trying to make herself calm down before she did any more damage to her shirt and gripped the seam on her left side to stop it splitting completely. "O...OK," she managed, thinking she really wanted a drink, "What... What do you want to know?"

Elsewhere, her Dad parked up the truck and wondered about what was going on over with his daughter. And why part of her sleeve had just landed on his head. He began to head over.
-------------
The Deputy nodded his acceptance of the apology with a wry smile and made sure people could see his weapon was NOT ready for use.
-------------
"You holding up OK, Kol," Jenny asked her friend. "I imagine this place is quite different to you, yeah?"
-------------
Keeva thought for a moment as she took that in. "I'd... certainly put that on any résumé" she said, chuckling. "Sounds like you did a lot to save and protect the people down there. They might build statues of you! People usually build Marble or stone statues of heroes. They build them much bigger than the original so everyone can see them watching over them. Course, with you, they might forego the 'larger' part." Now she smiled properly. "It could bankrupt a small country, paying for that much marble."
------------
Hannabelle grunted politely before settling in to her seat. "Closest thing they had to edible," she confided, "was 'Buttered Chicken'. Not sure what market they're trying to appeal to. Normally I wouldn't bother," she added, holding up a small box, "but I've not had anything since breakfast. She held up another pack. "Mints," she added. She wondered if, at some point during the film, her arm would end up around his shoulders. It sometimes had a mind of its' own in those regards.
------------
"Ah," Cherry Seena sighed happily, luxuriating in her mate's closeness, "that does sound perfect," she told his shoulder.
------------
"Well," Sana remarked, "if we're doing the dinner... Probably best to go with Human foods?" She grimaced very slightly. "No-one apart from us Celicans seems to like our restaurants - which is why I don't think there's one up here. I don't feel much like Fish and most things on a Canine menu are on Human menus somewhere too? Then, yeah, I'd love to walk with you." She slipped her right handpaw iinto his left one and smiled up at him.
-----------
Jaken hopped back up into his chair and grinned at Junes' dessert order. "Think you're going to have fun, June," he said.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

"We understand," The Other Side said, now in full control of Hawk's body though not showing it's true side, as it made its way around the room, observing the weapons "Our reputation does precede us and we understand that you can't accept our oath and trust thanks to those past incidents. So....the safeguard WILL be installed on his gear but with one exception: I myself, neither you or Hawk, will be the one to do it as, other then Hawk, only I know how to install them in a way that doesn't ruin his friends work. Plus, if I do it, he won't be able to disable them as I know he's able to. I shall not take No for an answer. If you don't agree to those terms, then I will see to it that Hawk never enters his ship as long as he is part of the Champions here, unless the emergency at hand calls for it." As it continued to walk about the room, it stops at one of the nearby rifles then looks back to Hivemind, "My condolences for your brother. I'd say I can't imagine what it would feel like watching someone die over and over...but I have as Hawk has died multiple times...still, my condolences." Placing the rifle down, it walks over to where the Hivemind was standing and looks it right in the eye and extends Hawks hand out, which is now half-Hawks and half-other side, "Now...the agreement from earlier: Hand me the safeguards and I will see to it myself they are installed on his weapons: The two revolvers, two SMGs, and his shotgun. If you still don't trust me, you may observe me, not Hawk, install the safeguards on his weapons."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:"I understand, it would be better anyways to take a small lander in the first place, as to not get the Beacon obliterated. Even better to find one from Zevian" Nat replied
"I'll see what I can do." Hivemind said, nodding. "You don't have to worry about anything happening to the Beacon though. You're safe here."
Nat took a deep breath. "Okay, it might be safe, but it still is a good idea to take a small ship as my planet doesn't exactly take kindly to strangers and giant ships.

~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:Brad just stood their with a surprised and frightened countenance, "What… is that monster… doing… on this ship. HE ATE MY UNCLE! The only reason he didn't eat me was because some kid came along with some people, but he got away jibber jabbering about parallel dimensions, and you let him on to your super hero task force!"
The Lycan recoiled in surprise and pulled back his hand. Eira was glaring at Brad, looking like she was going to say something, but Hivemind beat her to it. "The Lycan did not eat your uncle. The Lycan has been a Champion since the organization was founded over thirty years ago. Before that, he was a superhero on Earth. Before that, he was an actor on Earth. Before that, he went to a college for film production and special effects on Earth. He has never eaten a single person in his entire life, and there is no way possible for him to have been the one to kill your uncle. I'm sorry for your loss, but you have the wrong person."
Ken looks at Brad with an unamused countenance, and after some silence and a thorough look at the Lycan, Brad replied with "I am sorry, after getting a better look at you, you do have noticeable differences from him. As for you, Hivemind, I noticed that you specified on Earth multiple times, I get what you are saying, but you don't have to specify it multiple times."
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind waved a hand and shook his head slightly. "Semantics. I consider that information to be pain, just delivered in a non-sensory way. Regardless, I did not take into account the fact that you do not respond to injury, and it appears to have cost you. I apologize."
"You must really hate being notified about potholes then." Kobor states, gesturing toards the door and the district outside.

- - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:"It's a small animal from Earth." Gadgeteer said. "Known mostly for eating carrots, having large litters of young, being fast, having long ears, and being prey to many Earth predators. Some humans keep them as pets."
that has the effect of producing a mental image of a distinctly not-rabbit-thing that, thanks to the joke from earlier, kol seems to think eats via it's teeth-lined ears.

the large feline shivers.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You holding up OK, Kol," Jenny asked her friend. "I imagine this place is quite different to you, yeah?"
"Its too warm, too many trees, and i think one of the shots in the deep below broke the cold-air-maker bit of my suit, it isn't working." she admits letting out a frustrated sigh.

- - - - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken hopped back up into his chair and grinned at Junes' dessert order. "Think you're going to have fun, June," he said.
June just gives a big sharkish grin layered triangular teeth interlocking in a WWWW patern.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana didn't move for a moment before sitting down again with a modulated sigh. "Help me further huh? You say my team cares about me, but it doesn't feel like it, not anything special, or like I'd be overly missed in the end, like I'm anything beyond a simple merc in a champion's shell. Sure it's only been a few days and you learn to care about people when you fight a giant mech and a warlord together, but I don't know them, they don't know me. I don't even know how much Hive knows about me. But, this feels like a big job to me, what with working for a crazy powerful guy who could destabilize the universe on a whim, following up on orders to investigate this, protect that, while working with weird and quirky individuals? Teaming up this much aside, and a bit here or there, doesn't feel like much has changed for me honestly." She leaned back further, staring towards the sky. "The only deviation was when Urich showed Kol and I the aquarium, that aside it doesn't feel too different. More protected, but not any closer to any one person or anything. I mean I trust that none of them will take a counter contract, forcing us into a battle until duty fulfilled or death, sp that's nice." The liquiform shrugged her shell. "Knowin' it and feelin' it are just far and between I suppose."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:In not too long, Hivemind showed up. "I'm here, Recon. I take it she's the one you mentioned?"

"Yes sir. I'm not sure what to do right now... I don't usually deal with people with new powers." Recon said, fidgeting.

"That's fine. I can handle this." Hivemind turned to Saffy. "I have a few questions for you, if you could please calm down."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, um," Saffy swallowed, trying to make herself calm down before she did any more damage to her shirt and gripped the seam on her left side to stop it splitting completely. "O...OK," she managed, thinking she really wanted a drink, "What... What do you want to know?"
Understanding that the others had more pressing matters than answering her question, Traci shrugged and headed off to the main office of the hotel. She remembered Saffy came out of there with some linens when she accidentally scared her. Not her best first impression, now that she thinks about it..

------
CyberDragon wrote:"I assume I have been well, though admittedly I have no frame of reference for what well is, or even what normal is." the Predator drone said. "Though I assume battling a fifty foot tall alien warlord falls outside of what is considered ordinary."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva thought for a moment as she took that in. "I'd... certainly put that on any résumé" she said, chuckling. "Sounds like you did a lot to save and protect the people down there. They might build statues of you! People usually build Marble or stone statues of heroes. They build them much bigger than the original so everyone can see them watching over them. Course, with you, they might forego the 'larger' part." Now she smiled properly. "It could bankrupt a small country, paying for that much marble."
Dan chuckled at the idea of a huge statue of Preadator built in the middle of some small park on a random world. "It certainly would.." He muttered in reply.

------
CyberDragon wrote:"It's no problem, Rika." Hivemind said. "I will tell you when your new gear is ready. I hope you enjoy your meal!" he said. Hivemind then walked off.

The waiter stepped up to take Rika's order.
Rika orders a very small salad starter course, about four meat-orientated main courses, and a small sundae. She thanks the waiter before they head off.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken hopped back up into his chair and grinned at Junes' dessert order. "Think you're going to have fun, June," he said.
Buster wrote:June just gives a big sharkish grin, layered triangular teeth interlocking in a WWWW patern.
Rika notices June's smile right after finishing her order and smiles back in return, not realising that it wasn't directed at her. "It's nice to see you again, June, what have you been up to?" She said jovially, trying to start up some conversation. "Nice suit by the way!
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jenny said, keeping her own spirits up, "if you can wait until we get where we're going I'm sure Hive or Ulrich can have a look at the suit whilst you're in your room with the air conditioning whacked up to somewhere north of Glacier, yeah? And, hey, is this the first Forest you've been in?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Dabry wasn't totally sure why but, at that response, he hugged Aggie for a few seconds. "Sorry," he said awkwardly, "thought you needed it. Uh, hey," he added, brightening up, "at least here you've got all the time you want to to choose! Or you could do all of them! And, when you head towards stardom... the inevitable stardom, you could do with a bodyguard?" He mimed pushing people gently out of the way. "Make space, Miss Aggie will be signing autograaphs when she gets to the table and not before. Make way, please?" He chuckled at his own bad acting. "I'd a deal with my folks. Do a year on the frontline and they'd pay for Officer School." He winked. "I was fifteen months in."
------------------------
"Y'get many games up yere," Sarah asked. "Ah'd say yeas t' a game but ah dinna think we 'ave the teams." She nodded over to where Dabry was 'pushing away the crowds'. "'e's away with t' fairies an' I'd pr'f'r t' do summat wi' Connal involv'd." She frowned slightly. "Where'd the ol' Hume come from?"
"Heh, thanks. It's a nice idea. I don't know if careers are even a thing up here though. We haven't exactly been here for long. Somehow I think you'd make a great bodyguard though." the young collie smiles shyly.
"So... When were you going to tell your parents you were finished?"

~~~~~~~~
""Och, nae sae many yet. Ah'll hae tae organise a league o' some sort." Aileas grins.
"That's Mr. C. He's a friend oor family met up here." Cailean tells Sarah with a wag. "Ye shuid try his frushie. It's really good!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you," Dabry replied, giving Aggie a warm smile. "And in about four months? When we got back to Earth and weren't in a panic. I think I left it too late. Hey," he added, offering Aggie his hand, "we better get back to the others, hadn't we? I mean your brothers bend dimensions to get here and you spend all the time with a devastatingly Handsome Cat who'll always be around for you? Cailean'd kill me for that... And I realised how stupid that sounded as I said it."
-----------------
"Ah'm not really a Frushie pers'n" Sarah explained, "plus there's t'oth'r thing. Ah plan on eatin' a lot afore ah ends up here permanent an' it wouldn't be fair t'compare mortal food t' Heavens, y'know?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed a bit confused by the mention of his ribs, until he looked down and realized how much energy he’d spent throughout the day. ”Oh.” He said quietly, before putting on a big smile. ”Well that’s not a problem, I can just get some food out of my hammerspace pocket and be-“
Do not do that.
What? Why not?
I put some monsters in there earlier, and we can not properly deal with them until we get to the Beacon.
”..........Okay, so Quint says I can’t do that because he put monsters in there while I was out. If it’s all right with you guys, I’m going to fly ahead to the hotel, make sure everything is ready, maybe get some food while I’m there. I should have enough energy left to get myself there, but if I run out and wind up crashing and dying, Jenny gets my suit.” He paused for a moment, before speaking up again. ”Also, Quint says he would appreciate it if you’d consider becoming his new partner in the event of my demise.”

Liz was silent for a few moments, her eyebrow slowly raising. ”I was going to ask for a portal to Nocturl’s place, but after that choice in wording, I’d like to know why exactly Kobor and Tayla are unavailable. Are they okay? They didn’t seem hurt when we last saw them.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Jenny said, keeping her own spirits up, "if you can wait until we get where we're going I'm sure Hive or Ulrich can have a look at the suit whilst you're in your room with the air conditioning whacked up to somewhere north of Glacier, yeah? And, hey, is this the first Forest you've been in?"
"He's bringing a replacement." Kol cut in when hivemind was mentioned. "and i'm pretty sure if they can fit it in my room, its not big enough to be a glacier."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd be honoured, Kolt," Jenny said, "in years to come, yeah? I want you around for a long time, Mister." She turned back to Kol. "Wouldn't actually BE a glacier, Kol. A really good Air Conditioning machine can make the room feel really cold."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika notices June's smile right after finishing her order and smiles back in return, not realising that it wasn't directed at her. "It's nice to see you again, June, what have you been up to?" She said jovially, trying to start up some conversation. "Nice suit by the way!
"I went on an adventure, but it wasn't very fun. then i met a grumpy mouseman a big lizert and a nice lady." June explains cheerfully, before filling in the events of the last six hours in more detail.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, um," Saffy swallowed, trying to make herself calm down before she did any more damage to her shirt and gripped the seam on her left side to stop it splitting completely. "O...OK," she managed, thinking she really wanted a drink, "What... What do you want to know?"

Elsewhere, her Dad parked up the truck and wondered about what was going on over with his daughter. And why part of her sleeve had just landed on his head. He began to head over.
"Well..." Hivemind said, looking seriously at her. "The first question is have you ever noticed anything like this before, or anything else unusual? The second question would be if anything significant has happened in your life in the past year?" he asked.

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The Deputy nodded his acceptance of the apology with a wry smile and made sure people could see his weapon was NOT ready for use.
Buster wrote:that has the effect of producing a mental image of a distinctly not-rabbit-thing that, thanks to the joke from earlier, kol seems to think eats via it's teeth-lined ears.

the large feline shivers.

"Its too warm, too many trees, and i think one of the shots in the deep below broke the cold-air-maker bit of my suit, it isn't working." she admits letting out a frustrated sigh.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Jenny said, keeping her own spirits up, "if you can wait until we get where we're going I'm sure Hive or Ulrich can have a look at the suit whilst you're in your room with the air conditioning whacked up to somewhere north of Glacier, yeah? And, hey, is this the first Forest you've been in?"
At the mention of Kol's environment suit being broken, Gadgeteer turned away from the deputy with an expression that spoke of grave seriousness. "Enough questions. If the suit is broken, it needs to be mended immediately." He pulled his massive pack off of his back and started rummaging through it, tossing various instruments aside. "Hold still, Kol." He stood up and moved around behind her. He pulled out a sort of multi-tool and unsealed a sort of maintenance hatch on the back of the armor. He didn't even glance at the innards of the armor for a second before he swore loudly and shut the panel again. "The heat pump is crushed, and a fuel cell is leaking very slightly. HEY! ARCHANGEL!" Gadgeteer called out. Nothing happened for a moment. After a few seconds the sky went dark, blocked out by Archangel's massive wings just before he landed.

"I'm here. What is it, Gadgeteer?" the winged champion asked.

"We have a fuel cell leaking radioactive fuel. We need to get Kol's suit somewhere we can effectively dispose... of...... What?" Gadgeteer watched dumbfounded as Archangel simply opened up the panel, removed the fuel cell, and started drinking it's contents. "You... you're drinking the..."

Archangel quickly polished off the fuel and, checking to make sure there wasn't any left inside or out, handed the now radiation free vial to Gadgeteer. "Ahh... tangy and refreshing! The fuel these cells use has the same primary chemical formula as a popular energy drink from back home." the champion explained. "I saw there were about three backup cells that hadn't sprung a leak, so some of the suit's systems should still work. Anything else?"

Gadgeteer was still staring at Archangel, stunned. "You just... drank... nuclear reactor fuel..." He shook his head and snapped himself out of it. "No. Nothing right now. Thank you." Once Archangel had left, he turned to the others. "We should still get going. Here." He pulled something out of his pack and handed it to Kol. "Cold pack. Bend it until it snaps, then press it to whatever you want to feel cold. I recommend either the forehead or the neck."
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt seemed a bit confused by the mention of his ribs, until he looked down and realized how much energy he’d spent throughout the day. ”Oh.” He said quietly, before putting on a big smile. ”Well that’s not a problem, I can just get some food out of my hammerspace pocket and be-“
Do not do that.
What? Why not?
I put some monsters in there earlier, and we can not properly deal with them until we get to the Beacon.
”..........Okay, so Quint says I can’t do that because he put monsters in there while I was out. If it’s all right with you guys, I’m going to fly ahead to the hotel, make sure everything is ready, maybe get some food while I’m there. I should have enough energy left to get myself there, but if I run out and wind up crashing and dying, Jenny gets my suit.” He paused for a moment, before speaking up again. ”Also, Quint says he would appreciate it if you’d consider becoming his new partner in the event of my demise.”
Gadgeteer snapped out of it in time to give Kolt a warning. "Don't bother looking for food. The only species I know of besides Varanians that likes to eat food while it's still alive enough to kick and scream are Celicans. Even if you found "food," you probably wouldn't want it. Save your energy and walk with us. Hivemind'll have food down here soon."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva thought for a moment as she took that in. "I'd... certainly put that on any résumé" she said, chuckling. "Sounds like you did a lot to save and protect the people down there. They might build statues of you! People usually build Marble or stone statues of heroes. They build them much bigger than the original so everyone can see them watching over them. Course, with you, they might forego the 'larger' part." Now she smiled properly. "It could bankrupt a small country, paying for that much marble."
~\Rook/~ wrote:Dan chuckled at the idea of a huge statue of Preadator built in the middle of some small park on a random world. "It certainly would.." He muttered in reply.
"That could be interesting. Though marble statue wonders have a nasty habit of falling over during Earthquakes." He said, unintentionally being a killjoy. "What about you? What have you been doing today?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle grunted politely before settling in to her seat. "Closest thing they had to edible," she confided, "was 'Buttered Chicken'. Not sure what market they're trying to appeal to. Normally I wouldn't bother," she added, holding up a small box, "but I've not had anything since breakfast." She held up another pack. "Mints," she added. She wondered if, at some point during the film, her arm would end up around his shoulders. It sometimes had a mind of its' own in those regards.
"I'dda grabbed one of those giant pretzels had I the literal stomach for it." Gadgeteer said, grinning. "Don' know if that's somethin' ya find edible, but I used to like 'em." He said, secretly wondering if his own arm would end up around her shoulders by the end of the movie while they waited through the first fifteen minutes of trailers.

SeanWolf wrote:"We understand," The Other Side said, now in full control of Hawk's body though not showing it's true side, as it made its way around the room, observing the weapons "Our reputation does precede us and we understand that you can't accept our oath and trust thanks to those past incidents. So....the safeguard WILL be installed on his gear but with one exception: I myself, neither you or Hawk, will be the one to do it as, other then Hawk, only I know how to install them in a way that doesn't ruin his friends work. Plus, if I do it, he won't be able to disable them as I know he's able to. I shall not take No for an answer. If you don't agree to those terms, then I will see to it that Hawk never enters his ship as long as he is part of the Champions here, unless the emergency at hand calls for it." As it continued to walk about the room, it stops at one of the nearby rifles then looks back to Hivemind, "My condolences for your brother. I'd say I can't imagine what it would feel like watching someone die over and over...but I have as Hawk has died multiple times...still, my condolences." Placing the rifle down, it walks over to where the Hivemind was standing and looks it right in the eye and extends Hawks hand out, which is now half-Hawks and half-other side, "Now...the agreement from earlier: Hand me the safeguards and I will see to it myself they are installed on his weapons: The two revolvers, two SMGs, and his shotgun. If you still don't trust me, you may observe me, not Hawk, install the safeguards on his weapons."
Hivemind waved a hand and shaked his head. "I don't care who does it. All I care about is that it gets done and it gets done correctly. You can do the installation, but I have to inspect it afterwards to make sure it was done properly. As for my brother... Well, technically I have seen him die multiple times, but he's stubborn and keeps coming back. I was talking about the people on my ship. My citizens. There are 10 billion souls on this ship and I know each and every one of them. When anyone on this ship dies, it's personal. So I don't take risks with the safety of my people, because with a population this big, any risk becomes a guarantee someone will get hurt. There's not a single person on this ship I'm willing to do that to."

Hawkfang42 wrote:Nat took a deep breath. "Okay, it might be safe, but it still is a good idea to take a small ship as my planet doesn't exactly take kindly to strangers and giant ships.
"We'll be careful." Hivemind said. "Are you hungry?" he asks, somewhat out of the blue. "Would you like to get something to eat, or should we find you a place to stay first?"

Hawkfang42 wrote:Ken looks at Brad with an unamused countenance, and after some silence and a thorough look at the Lycan, Brad replied with "I am sorry, after getting a better look at you, you do have noticeable differences from him. As for you, Hivemind, I noticed that you specified on Earth multiple times, I get what you are saying, but you don't have to specify it multiple times."
"I needed to be clear that at no point during his career or at any point in his life would he have been anywhere near your planet at the time of the event." Hivemind said. "Now. Proper introductions. Brad, this is The Lycan and Arctos. Guys, this is Brad. The dog is Ken."

The Lycan stuck a hand out to shake Brad's. "Shall we try this again?"

Buster wrote:"You must really hate being notified about potholes then." Kobor states, gesturing toards the door and the district outside.
"You've got no idea." Hivemind said, shaking his head. "The roads notify me of the pothole, and then don't ever shut up with the messages until the hole is fixed. If you can't call the notifications pain, you can certainly call the headache they cause pain. At least it's a good motivator to keep the infrastructure solid and in top shape around here."

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana didn't move for a moment before sitting down again with a modulated sigh. "Help me further huh? You say my team cares about me, but it doesn't feel like it, not anything special, or like I'd be overly missed in the end, like I'm anything beyond a simple merc in a champion's shell. Sure it's only been a few days and you learn to care about people when you fight a giant mech and a warlord together, but I don't know them, they don't know me. I don't even know how much Hive knows about me. But, this feels like a big job to me, what with working for a crazy powerful guy who could destabilize the universe on a whim, following up on orders to investigate this, protect that, while working with weird and quirky individuals? Teaming up this much aside, and a bit here or there, doesn't feel like much has changed for me honestly." She leaned back further, staring towards the sky. "The only deviation was when Urich showed Kol and I the aquarium, that aside it doesn't feel too different. More protected, but not any closer to any one person or anything. I mean I trust that none of them will take a counter contract, forcing us into a battle until duty fulfilled or death, sp that's nice." The liquiform shrugged her shell. "Knowin' it and feelin' it are just far and between I suppose."
"That's exactly why I think hanging out with me for a bit will help you." the shell smiled warmly. It was still the same Cheshire grin as before, but it felt friendlier. "You'll only feel like that until you get to know the others, and let others get to know you. Maybe even get to know yourself a bit. Find something you like to do, then find people who also like to do it. For example..." the shell reached down and picked up a small circular disk off of the ground. "Ever play telekinetic Frisbee?"

Hlaoroo wrote:""Och, nae sae many yet. Ah'll hae tae organise a league o' some sort." Aileas grins.
"That's Mr. C. He's a friend oor family met up here." Cailean tells Sarah with a wag. "Ye shuid try his frushie. It's really good!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah'm not really a Frushie pers'n" Sarah explained, "plus there's t'oth'r thing. Ah plan on eatin' a lot afore ah ends up here permanent an' it wouldn't be fair t'compare mortal food t' Heavens, y'know?"
"Unfortunate!" The Hobomancer said, smiling. "But fair enough. Just means more for us!" he laughed before sitting back down where he was before he left.

Legotron123 wrote:Liz was silent for a few moments, her eyebrow slowly raising. ”I was going to ask for a portal to Nocturl’s place, but after that choice in wording, I’d like to know why exactly Kobor and Tayla are unavailable. Are they okay? They didn’t seem hurt when we last saw them.”
"Don't worry about it." Hivemind said. "It's just something their species has to go through sometimes. To elaborate more would be a violation of their privacy."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, I can'tthink of anything," Saffy said, trying not to gabble too much. "Therewas that onetime I fell intoa cavern butthatwasOK because MissFeanerstan hadbeen teachingus about phosphorescence andthat'swhy the rocks wereglowing a bit soI couldsee."
"Evening," her father said, walking up. "Um, what's going on?"
"Dad,IthinkI'vegotsuperpowersandIdon'twantyoutobeattackedand..."
Her dad held a hand up and pointed at Hivemind. "You can do the explaining, sir."
---------------
Jenny looked at Archangel and blinked twice before stage whispering to Kol. "Remind me to never try out-drinking him, hey?"
---------------
"Oh," Keeva admitted, "mostly we've been looking around and trying to familiarise ourselves with our new home. We're kinda like you in that everything's new. And I'm sure you'd tell them the most stable places to put your statue."
--------------
Jaken thought about playing with his food until it got to him. Then he almost 'forgot' to use the cutlery that came with it. He held the knife and fork extremely awkwardly. "Humans would be rubbish with claws," he asserted with a wry grimace. "Grumpy Mouseman," he asked, not quite catching the 'big Lizard' bit "They're only small, aren't they?" Then he listened to the rest of the conversation and had an idea as to what the 'Big Lizard' was. He determined that he'd try and hurt him if he ever hurt June or Rika.

--------------
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you," Dabry replied, giving Aggie a warm smile. "And in about four months? When we got back to Earth and weren't in a panic. I think I left it too late. Hey," he added, offering Aggie his hand, "we better get back to the others, hadn't we? I mean your brothers bend dimensions to get here and you spend all the time with a devastatingly Handsome Cat who'll always be around for you? Cailean'd kill me for that... And I realised how stupid that sounded as I said it."
-----------------
"Ah'm not really a Frushie pers'n" Sarah explained, "plus there's t'oth'r thing. Ah plan on eatin' a lot afore ah ends up here permanent an' it wouldn't be fair t'compare mortal food t' Heavens, y'know?"
"Ah suppose it would be polite." Aggie agrees, taking the proffered paw with a grin. "But where's this handsome cat you're talkin' aboot? Ah've never seen a handsome cat before."

"What's your favourite dessert then, Sarah?" Conall asks with Cailean translating.
"Och, she disnae need dessert. She's already sweet enough." the younger brother answers before Sarah can.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I mean technically, live media coverage only needs a receiver and a transmitter," Chris said, scratching at his chin. "Anyway," he said, brushing aside his last comment, "I don't think I've eaten all day, so I'm gonna go explore the city, try and find something to eat."
------
Colorado leaned over and grabbed the remote from the end table, flipping on the TV and scrolling through the movie selection, "Hmm, but what kind... Romantic, comedy, romantic-comedy, off world romantic comedy..."
------
Denver gave Sana's hand a light squeeze, "What's so bad about Celican food?" he asked, starting in the direction of the train station.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The Other Side chuckled, "We'll show you the installation then. For now, may we have the safeguards?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uhhhhh," Sana said awkwardly, scritching the side of her neck. "Our food is usually... um... not quite dead when it reaches the table?" She held a hand out in alarm. "Not..! Not, um, sentients! Never sentients! But... eesh... Can... can we just try somewhere else? Uh, please?" She looked somehow embarrassed and hopeful at the same time.
-----------
"Well, we could try the Romantic Comedy," Cherry said contentedly. "Tomorrow," she added, "we might want to get my medical records to Hive? She sighed. "It's something Sana said. I don't think they've done the experiments that broke the genetic locks like they did on my lot centuries back?"
-----------
"Well," Dabry said, still relaxed as he headed back to the throng with Aggie, "I was told I was the best preened on the ship!"

Sarah ruffled Cailean's headfur. "Ah'm a Lemon tart gal," she said, signing for Conall's benefit. "An' y' c'n make a joke 'bout that if'n y' want!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Buster wrote:"I went on an adventure, but it wasn't very fun. Then I met a grumpy mouseman, a big lizard, and a nice lady." June explains cheerfully, before filling in the events of the last six hours in more detail.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken thought about playing with his food until it got to him. Then he almost 'forgot' to use the cutlery that came with it. He held the knife and fork extremely awkwardly. "Humans would be rubbish with claws," he asserted with a wry grimace. "Grumpy Mouseman?" he asked, not quite catching the 'big lizard' bit. "They're only small, aren't they?" Then he listened to the rest of the conversation and had an idea as to what the 'big lizard' was. He determined that he'd try and hurt him if he ever hurt June or Rika.
"Sounds like a very interesting adventure.." Rika replied after June finished, whilst also showing Jaken how to hold and use his cutlery properly. "..The "big lizards" are Vanarians, and I think I've seen that 'mouseman'. He was in the crew from that damaged ship. I'll ask Hive more about them later, I'm intruiged as to how exactly they've been caught up in this.. Anyway, after all that, I'm glad you're okay June." She finished, giving June a reassuring smile.

------

Traci found the hotel's laundry room, started loading up a basket with clean sheets, then rushed out to start on the rooms..

------
CyberDragon wrote:"That could be interesting. Though marble statue wonders have a nasty habit of falling over during Earthquakes." He said, unintentionally being a killjoy. "What about you? What have you been doing today?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Keeva admitted, "mostly we've been looking around and trying to familiarise ourselves with our new home. We're kinda like you in that everything's new. And I'm sure you'd tell them the most stable places to put your statue."
"You could also tell them to make the satue out of a more durable material, like Obsidian or Diamond.." Dan added sarcastically, knowing only Keeva would get he's not being serious.
Character Reference
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shook her head. "No, never played a game like that. Never played many games." Her head tilted slightly, "How do you play?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Kolt walked with the others towards the hotel, he seemed more confused than disturbed by the revelations of the Celicans eating habits. ”Have they evolved to be more resistant to all the pathogens and parasites that would inevitably wind up in their stomachs as a result from doing that? I have to ask because...” He trailed off, looking around to make sure none of the locals were in earshot, before speaking again, much quieter. ”It kinda seems like their society places much more value on looking tough than acting sensible.”

Liz didn’t seem entirely satisfied with that answer, but decided it wasn’t worth pushing for an answer. ”All right then. I’ll take that previously mentioned portal to Nocturl’s place.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
furrygamer793

Re: Non-HPU: Bacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:Ken looks at Brad with an unamused countenance, and after some silence and a thorough look at the Lycan, Brad replied with "I am sorry, after getting a better look at you, you do have noticeable differences from him. As for you, Hivemind, I noticed that you specified on Earth multiple times, I get what you are saying, but you don't have to specify it multiple times."
"I needed to be clear that at no point during his career or at any point in his life would he have been anywhere near your planet at the time of the event." Hivemind said. "Now. Proper introductions. Brad, this is The Lycan and Arctos. Guys, this is Brad. The dog is Ken."

The Lycan stuck a hand out to shake Brad's. "Shall we try this again?"
"Okay, Hello there sir." Brad says to The Lycan and he shakes his hand while Ken stares up at Arctos, trying to look cute.

~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:Nat took a deep breath. "Okay, it might be safe, but it still is a good idea to take a small ship as my planet doesn't exactly take kindly to strangers and giant ships.
"We'll be careful." Hivemind said. "Are you hungry?" he asks, somewhat out of the blue. "Would you like to get something to eat, or should we find you a place to stay first?"
"I'd like to eat first, this place got a Shockfries?"
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, it does help," the deputy told Kolt brightly. "It also helps us keep the numbers down. If they weren't, uh, farmed, they'd overrun the place. And it keeps the peace. People fight less if they think they might get eaten. Sometimes."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Not quite dead..." Denver repeated, scratching at his chin, "Y'know maybe I'll defer to your better judgement on this one. I seem to remember a good number of restaurants at the food court. Maybe we should make that our first stop, yeah?"
------
"Oh, yeah! I mean they should have their own genome sequenced, but I don't know how ours and theirs are different. Like, you've seen the dogs here, right? Four legs, can't talk, not too smart, but not as dumb as you think? I am a bit curious what the differences are. Not even just DNA level, but things like blood types, eyesight, hearing ranges, responses to stimuli; the easy things. It wouldn't really have any prac-" Colorado glanced down at Cherry, "Oh, uh, right, romantic comedy, sorry." He chuckled nervously before clicking the movie on, "But yeah, I'd like to sort out the, er, difficulties, before..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Sana said brightly, "why not?" She slid her arm around his and walked along happily. "I failed hunting classes anyhow," she added. "I'm definitely not your traditional Fennekin Celican!"
------------------
"You can say it, you know," Cherry said as the movie started. "'Our baby'. And, be it Kit, pup or some mad mixture, it'll have the best parents in TWO universes!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"So what're you craving? Steak? Chicken? Not fish? I'm sure Hive has it all," Denver said, rounding the corner to the train station, Sana in tow.
------
"Y-yeah, our... our child." He stayed silent for a few seconds, pretending to watch the movie, "It feels weird saying that."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Why so," Cherry asked, making sure she was snuggled in as tight as possible.
---------------
"I can go for that Steak thing," Sana replied, thankful for the fact he wasn't already going off her for the ombination of diet and the fact she couldn't catch anything beyond tiny things. "That's the... Pig thing, isn't it? Or is it the Caw?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Dabry said, still relaxed as he headed back to the throng with Aggie, "I was told I was the best preened on the ship!"

Sarah ruffled Cailean's headfur. "Ah'm a Lemon tart gal," she said, signing for Conall's benefit. "An' y' c'n make a joke 'bout that if'n y' want!"
"Remind us tae introduce ye tae Grandma MacGregor then, Sarah! She makes th' best lemon tart ye'll ever taste!" Conall signs.
"Aye, an' Ah'd ne'er joke at yer expense, hen. Ye'd kick mah tail far tae easily if'n Ah did." Cailean jokes.

~~~~~~~~
"The rest o' th' ship must hae been a right mess then!" Aggie grins, ruffling Dabry's headfur and poking her tongue out at the cat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, I can'tthink of anything," Saffy said, trying not to gabble too much. "Therewas that onetime I fell intoa cavern butthatwasOK because MissFeanerstan hadbeen teachingus about phosphorescence andthat'swhy the rocks wereglowing a bit soI couldsee."
"Evening," her father said, walking up. "Um, what's going on?"
"Dad,IthinkI'vegotsuperpowersandIdon'twantyoutobeattackedand..."
Her dad held a hand up and pointed at Hivemind. "You can do the explaining, sir."
"Saffy... That's your name, right?" Hivemind asked, but continued before getting an answer. "No one is going to attack you. Having powers does not make you a villain magnet especially as long as you don't go doing grandiose things with them." He said, trying to calm her down. He then turned to the older Celican. "Champion Recon reported to me that she experienced a sudden burst of super speed. I'm trying to figure out more." He looked Saffy in the eye. "Can you tell me more about these glowing stones?"

---------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny looked at Archangel and blinked twice before stage whispering to Kol. "Remind me to never try out-drinking him, hey?"
"Yeah..." Gadgeteer said, still staring at Archangel as he flew off. "Yeah, no kidding."
Legotron123 wrote:As Kolt walked with the others towards the hotel, he seemed more confused than disturbed by the revelations of the Celicans eating habits. ”Have they evolved to be more resistant to all the pathogens and parasites that would inevitably wind up in their stomachs as a result from doing that?”
Gadgeteer snapped out of his shock and addressed Kolt. "Species that eat raw meat tend to have ways of dealing with parasites, or they simply don't care. Varanians are part of the former."
Legotron123 wrote:”I have to ask because...” He trailed off, looking around to make sure none of the locals were in earshot, before speaking again, much quieter. ”It kinda seems like their society places much more value on looking tough than acting sensible.”
"And that's another thing they share with Varanians." Gadgeteer growled. "Really the two species would probably get along if Celicans weren't bite-sized for Varanians."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, it does help," the deputy told Kolt brightly. "It also helps us keep the numbers down. If they weren't, uh, farmed, they'd overrun the place. And it keeps the peace. People fight less if they think they might get eaten. Sometimes."
"Sometimes." Gadgeteer said. "Sometimes they try to kill you on sight because they think you'll try to eat them even if you have no intention of doing so. Something I've faced a lot." They kept walking until they reached the hotel. "We're here. What's going on over there?" he pointed over to where Hivemind was talking to Saffy.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Keeva admitted, "mostly we've been looking around and trying to familiarise ourselves with our new home. We're kinda like you in that everything's new. And I'm sure you'd tell them the most stable places to put your statue."
The droid nodded it's giant head. "That is effectively what I will be doing for at least the next 24 hours. I need to familiarize myself with non-combat life. I feel my size may be a challenge in some cases..."
~\Rook/~ wrote:"You could also tell them to make the satue out of a more durable material, like Obsidian or Diamond.." Dan added sarcastically, knowing only Keeva would get he's not being serious.
Predator turned it's massive eyes to Dan for a moment. "I can comprehend sarcasm." he said simply. "Would either of you be interested in a ride? My recent upgrades include a virtual cockpit." the drone offered.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken thought about playing with his food until it got to him. Then he almost 'forgot' to use the cutlery that came with it. He held the knife and fork extremely awkwardly. "Humans would be rubbish with claws," he asserted with a wry grimace. "Grumpy Mouseman," he asked, not quite catching the 'big Lizard' bit "They're only small, aren't they?" Then he listened to the rest of the conversation and had an idea as to what the 'Big Lizard' was. He determined that he'd try and hurt him if he ever hurt June or Rika.
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Sounds like a very interesting adventure.." Rika replied after June finished, whilst also showing Jaken how to hold and use his cutlery properly. "..The "big lizards" are Vanarians, and I think I've seen that 'mouseman'. He was in the crew from that damaged ship. I'll ask Hive more about them later, I'm intruiged as to how exactly they've been caught up in this.. Anyway, after all that, I'm glad you're okay June." She finished, giving June a reassuring smile.
After a short while, the waiter returned, carrying plates of food. He placed each person's order in front of them, then asked June, "Would you like for me to bring your dessert out to you now, or would you rather I brought it out after your meal?"

Deske wrote:"I mean technically, live media coverage only needs a receiver and a transmitter," Chris said, scratching at his chin. "Anyway," he said, brushing aside his last comment, "I don't think I've eaten all day, so I'm gonna go explore the city, try and find something to eat."
"I would recommend against that." MT said, shaking his head. "From the short bursts of media I received while in the city, it appears much of Celican food is meat served raw. Very raw. As in, still living."

SeanWolf wrote:The Other Side chuckled, "We'll show you the installation then. For now, may we have the safeguards?"
Hivemind nodded. "That will do. One moment." He walked out the door, returning moments later with a box of some sort. He opened it up and showed Hawk's other half. "This part..." He said, pointing to one of the components. "...jams the trigger and the firing mechanism when this part..." He pointed to a cylindrical device with what looked like a camera or sensor at the end of it, "...detects a marked civilian in the line of fire. Now..." He pointed to a different part. It looked like it had a small canister attached to it. "This part is a piece of one of the anti-sabotage mechanisms. Coats the gun in amber if someone other than me tries to remove the safeguards. The amber comes off harmlessly with a certain cleaning solution, so don't worry about accidentally causing damage to the weapons. These are the bare minimum safeguards. You may install them, but the anti-tampering mechanism will keep you from removing them once they are attached. If they ever need to be removed, I must directly authorize it."

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana shook her head. "No, never played a game like that. Never played many games." Her head tilted slightly, "How do you play?"
The possessed suit hopped to it's feet and jogged a bit out towards the forest in front of them. "It's simple!" Diligitis said, beaming through the Cheshire grin on the shell's face. He let go of the Frisbee, and it hovered horizontally in midair. With a flick of the suit's finger, the Frisbee started spinning in place like a plate on an invisible stick. "We each use telekinesis to throw the disk to the other person. The other then uses telekinesis to catch it. The twist I just made up to add some challenge is you can't touch the disk, or let it fall to the ground."

Legotron123 wrote:Liz didn’t seem entirely satisfied with that answer, but decided it wasn’t worth pushing for an answer. ”All right then. I’ll take that previously mentioned portal to Nocturl’s place.”
"I don't put portal doors into private residences." Hivemind said. "That would cause potential security concerns. Nocturl's place is close enough to walk to. Just go out to your right, take the first left, and his house is the second door on the right side of the street."

Hawkfang42 wrote:"Okay, Hello there sir." Brad says to The Lycan and he shakes his hand while Ken stares up at Arctos, trying to look cute.
"That's better." The Lycan said while Eira knelt down to give Ken ear scratches. "So you're joining the Champions then. I look forward to working with you and seeing what you can do."

Hawkfang42 wrote:"I'd like to eat first, this place got a Shockfries?"
Hivemind hummed thoughtfully. "I do not believe we have that franchise specifically, but I'm sure we can find something similar. Specialty fry place I assume? Rob's Gourmet Fries is a good place."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Remind us tae introduce ye tae Grandma MacGregor then, Sarah! She makes th' best lemon tart ye'll ever taste!" Conall signs.
At the mention of the brothers' grandmother, Mr. C's face turned sad. It only lasted for a moment before he cheered up, but it was clear for a short while something was upsetting him.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The Other Side observes the parts one by one as The Hivemind brings them in, closely analyzing them and understanding how each one works and all the ways they can be tampered with in-case Hawk does find a way around them. Thankfully, from its observations, it seems Hawk, for the first time, won't be able to simply remove the safeguards as he did to one of his bounties weapons. Nodding it's head and thanking the Hivemind, The Other Side, after motioning Hivemind to follow it, returns to where Hawk had his ship and pulls the weapons out (Consisting of two beautifully crafted Revolvers, two SMG's that used cylindrical magazines, and a double-barreled shotgun adorned with a skull and other embellishments) and places them on the nearby table to install the safeguards. As the other side proceeded with the installations, it added that while Hawk will be upset, it will explain to him that it was either add the safeguards or he wouldn't help him out at all as "I believe, contrary to what he thinks, in a sense of proper judgement. It's why my people have never had any wars with any species." Finishing up with the safeguards, it goes to add the small canister to the weapons, but not before taking a whiff of the amber within the canister. "This amber...not like anything we ever smelt before. Did you create it?" it ask as it installs the canisters and quipping "Done...as you can see, they have all been install properly and to your specifications. Even if Hawk goes beyond his strength, he won't break the safeguards" before handing The Hivemind back the box.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote:As Kolt walked with the others towards the hotel, he seemed more confused than disturbed by the revelations of the Celicans eating habits. ”Have they evolved to be more resistant to all the pathogens and parasites that would inevitably wind up in their stomachs as a result from doing that?”
CyberDragon wrote:Gadgeteer snapped out of his shock and addressed Kolt. "Species that eat raw meat tend to have ways of dealing with parasites, or they simply don't care. Varanians are part of the former."
"Wait, you heat up... Is that why everything hivemind makes tastes slightly off, even when he gets it right?" Kol asks, putting the pieces of the conversation together, as she follows the others. "I thought he was just bad at preparing food."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken thought about playing with his food until it got to him. Then he almost 'forgot' to use the cutlery that came with it. He held the knife and fork extremely awkwardly. "Humans would be rubbish with claws," he asserted with a wry grimace. "Grumpy Mouseman," he asked, not quite catching the 'big Lizard' bit "They're only small, aren't they?" Then he listened to the rest of the conversation and had an idea as to what the 'Big Lizard' was. He determined that he'd try and hurt him if he ever hurt June or Rika.
"Not this one. he was Rika sized. Like Spy Lady only not her, and wearing a suit of armor." June explained. Holding out her arms over her head, so her hands are about Corp's head height.
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Sounds like a very interesting adventure.." Rika replied after June finished, whilst also showing Jaken how to hold and use his cutlery properly. "..The "big lizards" are Vanarians, and I think I've seen that 'mouseman'. He was in the crew from that damaged ship. I'll ask Hive more about them later, I'm intruiged as to how exactly they've been caught up in this.. Anyway, after all that, I'm glad you're okay June." She finished, giving June a reassuring smile.
In answer rika is treated to another of june's unique grins.
CyberDragon wrote:After a short while, the waiter returned, carrying plates of food. He placed each person's order in front of them, then asked June, "Would you like for me to bring your dessert out to you now, or would you rather I brought it out after your meal?"
Distracted by food, she doesn't actually hear the question and just answers, "Um, Yes?"

((and because i feel like instigating something silly, Return of random astral projection girl!))

Elswhere a sugar glider in a security division ensign's uniform is knocking on Lt. Nocturl's door, or rather the disembodied spirit of a sugar glider ensign does, while her body that's supposed to be resting and recovering sleepwalks behind her in spite of her best efforts. "I really hope he has some ideas..."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana got up and walked after the shell, standing a decent ways away to allow throwing. "Ah. Guess it should have been obvious. Then I guess I did play something like this. Just with hand grenades, super heated pipes and heavy debris." She tilted her head slightly. "Actually, come to think of it 'play' is a poor word choice."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Saffy continued, swallowing to calm herself down, "I was up on TwmBarlwm a few months back, onthe south side..."
"It's a hill about five miles south," her father cut in.
"..I wasgoing to say that. Iwent down a wild path aftera Cavrikka Doe andfell through a bush and... Well, I found away out through a small caveentrance after. I used asmall stone as a glolight to see. It's,um,in my room." She noticed the incoming group.
--------------
"Ah, good," Jenny said, noting Hive's presence, "probably means food's already here and..."
She broke off as Saffy rocketed up close to her and Kolt, managing to stop so she only bumped into the pair rather than sending them flying. "I like your fur extensions," she said to Jenny, betraying the reason for her closeness. "I've been thinking of getting some. Uh, I'm Saffy."
"Jenny. And thank you, I think?" She looked over to Hive for a moment as if to say 'what the..?' before looking back at the teenage Celican. "They might work for you. Now, hadn't we better get checked in?"
"It's always the fur extensions," her father told Hivemind.
Saffy's ears picked up as she registered Jenny's words. "Oh. Um, yeah." She stepped back towards the hotel, visualised how much money they could make from this night, turned towards the entrance, rubbed her handpaws together and blew herself ten feet back in the air with a small scale sonic explosion.

Her Father said something rude that only Hivemind would have heard as he ran towards her.

Saffy's brain registered that it didn't hurt. Her ears seemed OK and shouldn't landing on the ground have hurt? She cracked open an eye and discovered she was a few inches above the ground, surrounded by a purple tinted glow. This was enough to make it vanish and her drop. "Ow, my tail," she said before sitting up and beginning to cry a little. "What's going on?"
Which was exactly what Jenny was now asking of Hivemind.
-----------------
"Yeah, we could take a run with you, Pred," Keeva remarked, having pinched Dan for his sarcasm. She grinned at her boyfriend.
----------------
Jaken commenced destroying his meal like he hadn't eaten for at least three hours.
----------------
Corp led the way out towards Nocturl's and noted the apparition at the door. "The Lieutenant's busy tonight," he told Liz and Lewis.
---------------
Hannabelle almost didn't notice her arm on Gear's shoulders by the end of the first act. If he'd mentioned it she might bluff that she was making sure bugs couldn't land on him. Or something.
--------------
"Only when the Captain and Corp weren't there," Dabry chuckled, happy for the attention. "Then it was all open necked shirts and ripped trousers. And that's a very pretty tongue," he added, unsure why.
--------------
Sarah leaned in very close to Cailean's ear. "Ah c'n think've bet'r things ta do wi' yer tail," she breathed before pulling back to return to normal volume. "We may have ta do that sometime, Connal," she remarked.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol's reaction meanwhile to the girl that had just approached the group blasting herself a random direction was to dash forward and try to catch her. However being a bit of a tank, she's not the fastest and falls a bit short, but the effort is still there. Continuing forward and reaching her a little after the fact, she offers a paw to help the stranger up. "Are you hurt?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Saffy sniffed as she looked at the huge... whadyamacallit standing over her. "Th-thank you," she said miserably, accepting the hand and pulling herself up before her father got there. She blinked and nodded to Kol as her father hugged her.
"Is... is this all of you," he asked the group.
"One..." Saffy gulped, trying to be businesslike. "One other. I c...can see Traci in... in the Laundry room."
Her father turned and looked towards the Laundry room. Which was behind the reception and roughly seventy feet away. "And you can see her from here?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:After a short while, the waiter returned, carrying plates of food. He placed each person's order in front of them.
Rika thanked the waiter as they set her food out in front of her. She then proceeded to start her meal in order, speaking only when she had finished an entire plate. "So! After we've eaten I was thinking of first heading home to change, then maybe we could have another little home movie night again or something? It's getting a little late for going out and about.." She started, having finished her salad. "..Or I think I have some old board-games that we could try. Although, I don't think you two would be interested in them.. Or maybe you would!" She added after her first main course. "Either way, we should all do something together tomorrow for sure! We could maybe explore the Museum and Zoo! That sound fun? We'll plan exactly what we'll do in the morning, don't worry about it for now." She finished, wiping her mouth after her second main.

------
CyberDragon wrote:Predator turned it's massive eyes to Dan for a moment. "I can comprehend sarcasm." he said simply. "Would either of you be interested in a ride? My recent upgrades include a virtual cockpit." the drone offered.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah, we could take a run with you, Pred," Keeva remarked, having pinched Dan for his sarcasm. She grinned at her boyfriend.
"Ack!" Dan shouted as he was pinched. "Sure, sure.." He replied after, rubbing his shoulder.

------

Traci had finished three rooms before needing to refill the basket. Folding the sheets was the longest part of the process, since she couldn't rush it without the sheets getting messed up..
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Board games," jaken repeated, before turning his head slightly to an angle. "Vid games? And film with June, Miss Rika?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie