Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I only say 'nearly' because there's no point in trying on 'totally', is there," Sana asked with a grin. "I was having trouble tracing a terrorist. His anti tracking software was too good, better than my hunters and I needed to upgrade fast. So I asked myself who'd have the best tracking software. I made a new variant on what I learned from your tracker and we stopped him on his way to his next attack. Saved about two hundred possibly?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course," the Prime Minister admitted genially before introducing his counterparts from several of the other Caribbean Islands along with Margaret Padding, the Governor General. "She represents the British Queen on the islands and carries out the same duties, formally appointing government ministers and *ahem* Prime Ministers." After the introductions, the Prime Minister indicated the rather lengthy buffet of foods. "It would be considerably more formal than this but we only had a few hours to prepare so it is buffet, I'm afraid. Dignitaries and Champions at this end of the seating area and business people - who paid money that charities will be allocated - in the middle and Press - who paid more - at the end."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken was already filling a plate. And his mouth.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty suddenly stood up, a thought popping into his head. Surely, even after all this time, they would still have them. This was a tropical resort, and besides, he had found a Sequoia tree here. In the Bahamas. He could probably get his hands on anything. He sprinted away, running towards the small town market.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich walked in sporting a black waistcoat, slacks and a jacket that was slung over his shoulder, however instead of a regular white shirt, he added a bit of pop with a royal blue shirt which also happened to conceal two small light projectors capable of creating small personal shields. Black shoes, a black tie and a silver watch finished out his attire. He looked around at the dining hall, amazed at how much food there was laid out on the table and at how fancy the whole place seemed. He followed the droid over to the table and neatly hung his jacket on the back of a chair, "This place is amazing."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I only say 'nearly' because there's no point in trying on 'totally', is there," Sana asked with a grin. "I was having trouble tracing a terrorist. His anti tracking software was too good, better than my hunters and I needed to upgrade fast. So I asked myself who'd have the best tracking software. I made a new variant on what I learned from your tracker and we stopped him on his way to his next attack. Saved about two hundred possibly?"
"I have over ten billion souls living on the Beacon. I'd say I have over ten billion reasons to try for 'totally' Miss Sana, even if it isn't obtainable." He responded. "As for the tracker, I figured that was why you were dismantling it after you took the file. I didn't know the reason until the terrorist was caught. Still..." He looked at her as seriously as an expressionless robot face could. "Next time, if you need technology, ask for it. The trackers go out of date relative to Beacon Technology seconds after they are made. That's why nothing beats them. They change too often and never have the same flaws twice. That's also why I didn't self-destruct the package when you started looking at the tracker's inner workings. If it were a more important technology, you would have had a small army of robots surrounding your location within minutes, and the terrorist would have gotten away. That is why you need to communicate with me whenever you decide to 'borrow' Beacon tech."

---------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," the Prime Minister admitted genially before introducing his counterparts from several of the other Caribbean Islands along with Margaret Padding, the Governor General. "She represents the British Queen on the islands and carries out the same duties, formally appointing government ministers and *ahem* Prime Ministers." After the introductions, the Prime Minister indicated the rather lengthy buffet of foods. "It would be considerably more formal than this but we only had a few hours to prepare so it is buffet, I'm afraid. Dignitaries and Champions at this end of the seating area and business people - who paid money that charities will be allocated - in the middle and Press - who paid more - at the end."
The droid bowed. "A pleasure to meet you, ma'am. I apologize in advance for the droids that may be walking through here from time to time. There was an incident at the resort involving an attack on a child. Combined with the earlier attack that cost the Bahaman, I really don't want to take any risks. I even have some biohazard droids patrolling on the off chance they are needed. Please pay them no mind. Given how the day has gone, I wish to be prepared for every possible scenario, no matter how unlikely. I've even taken precautions against meteor showers." He gave a static laugh, but he... actually wasn't kidding. He was prepared for meteor showers. As well as plane crashes, sudden earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, and spontaneous volcanoes despite there not being volcanoes in the Bahamas. He looked back at the Prime Minister. "I have been constructing a replacement for your ship ever since it became clear it was lost. It is almost done, in fact. I simply need to discuss which features you would like added, once you are done speaking with the Kaal, or whenever you are ready."

---------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty suddenly stood up, a thought popping into his head. Surely, even after all this time, they would still have them. This was a tropical resort, and besides, he had found a Sequoia tree here. In the Bahamas. He could probably get his hands on anything. He sprinted away, running towards the small town market.
Surprised by Jolty's sudden movement, the hive droid stood up and followed him to the market.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sana pulled a small carton of Celican Bloodjuss - Rodent flavour - from her pack and inserted the straw. "But, if your technology advances at that rate," she stated before taking a sip of the red/purple drink, "how long before you forget the tech you made yesterday and how long until you're a god? Not that I'm complaining. It'd be nice to have such a hypothetical being on speed-dial."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Some sort of laser resistant hull would seem to be the order of the day," the Prime Minister admitted.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed to slightly relax at his teammates’ comforting words, becoming a bit less panicked.... at least until Kobor mentioned how Kaal didn’t have immune systems, and then he started panicking again. ”Wait, you mean she really could die from a bad case of the sniffles?!? Then why the heck is she here, at a big public event where she could catch all kinds of viruses!?! She should be back on the Beacon, getting every vaccine under the sun!! She should be quarantined off until we’re certain she’s not going to die because she ate some poorly cooked stuffing!” He said, clearly showing he had the panicked worrying part of being a father down pat. Maybe finding out what exactly Kobor meant when he called her “lucky” could help distract him?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Kolt, vaccines only work if you have an immune system. They also did not say she 'could' die. Just that they last for a long time. Do you think a species that lives by taking over other hosts would survive long if the sniffles could kill them? She is also part shark. Sharks can eat a lot of stuff. I think you are worrying about this a little too much. Do not become overbearing, children do not like that."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd imagine viral infections get absorbed, Kolt," Jenny advised. "so there's no threat there. There may, however," she continued, "be a threat to the buffet if we don't get there before that kid finishes his selection."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken, unaccustomed to the idea of returning to get more food, had just started filling a second plate.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a shrug as she walked past the group, heading towards the buffet, "Kolt, I'd say enjoy yourself tonight, freak out later and talk to Talya and Kobor later to get yourself informed." She gave a light chuckle, "Besides, don't let the paparazzi catch you freaking out." With she grabbed a plate and began to peruse the selection of food. She liked Earth. It's food was pretty.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Greetings. I'm Kobor, A Stellar surveyor from the Alliance of Systems, And apparently the first Kaal to encounter humans from this time-line." is about as far into his intro as Kobor gets before a familiar modulated voice from his shell chimes in with, "Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah-wheep-ninibong!" immediately prompting a facepalm and a groan from the large cephalopod.
"that reference is over a thousand years old on this side, nobody's going to get that."
"Don't care."

a bit behind them, June, having not followed Kobor or Hivemind is laughing about how overly serious Kolt is being.

"Quarantine sounds extremely boring. Also it probably wouldn't accomplish much. I don't want to spend all nineteen of my years locked in a room. Relax! Have fun!" June cheers, trying to physically pull Kolt away from the others so he can't keep asking silly questions. Letting go she darts off, calling behind her as she vanishes into the crowd, "Can't catch me!"

Kol meanwhile, has her helmet and gloves off, and has found the table with, what she assumed was more of hive mind's debatable imitations, only to bite into a wing of cooked meat and find that not only is it the correct meats and seasonings, that this one's has actually been over-seasoned compared to what she's used to. swallowing down what she had in her mouth before letting out a raspy cough muttering "Too hot..." and looking for a drink.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The Prime Minister looked puzzled. "Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah-wheep-ninibong," he repeated, more as a question than an affirmation. Then he smiled. "Eric Idle was part of a legendary Comedy group over here. His films are well known, even now. Although I have not seen that one in some time." He offered a hand. "I accept the greeting with peaceful intentions."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sana pulled a small carton of Celican Bloodjuss - Rodent flavour - from her pack and inserted the straw. "But, if your technology advances at that rate," she stated before taking a sip of the red/purple drink, "how long before you forget the tech you made yesterday and how long until you're a god? Not that I'm complaining. It'd be nice to have such a hypothetical being on speed-dial."
"Never, and never." The droid answers. "I make it a point to record as much as I can. Technology is important, and so I record all advances I make. As for godhood, that is not obtainable, and it is the greatest mistake to believe that it is. Such a mistake is second only to believing you have obtained it. Such claims beg to be proven wrong."

----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Some sort of laser resistant hull would seem to be the order of the day," the Prime Minister admitted.

The gilded droid let out a laugh. Not a static one, like the others, it was a human laugh. "Of course. That is a given! I've already taken care of it."
Buster wrote:"Greetings. I'm Kobor, A Stellar surveyor from the Alliance of Systems, And apparently the first Kaal to encounter humans from this time-line." is about as far into his intro as Kobor gets before a familiar modulated voice from his shell chimes in with, "Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah-wheep-ninibong!" immediately prompting a facepalm and a groan from the large cephalopod.
"that reference is over a thousand years old on this side, nobody's going to get that."
"Don't care."

a bit behind them, June, having not followed Kobor or Hivemind is laughing about how overly serious Kolt is being.

"Quarantine sounds extremely boring. Also it probably wouldn't accomplish much. I don't want to spend all nineteen of my years locked in a room. Relax! Have fun!" June cheers, trying to physically pull Kolt away from the others so he can't keep asking silly questions. Letting go she darts off, calling behind her as she vanishes into the crowd, "Can't catch me!"

Kol meanwhile, has her helmet and gloves off, and has found the table with, what she assumed was more of hive mind's debatable imitations, only to bite into a wing of cooked meat and find that not only is it the correct meats and seasonings, that this one's has actually been over-seasoned compared to what she's used to. swallowing down what she had in her mouth before letting out a raspy cough muttering "Too hot..." and looking for a drink.
"Ah... that reminds me... Umm..." the droid turned to Kobor and Talya and spoke quietly so only they could hear. "It's about June's host... and yours too. I know that, for a number of reasons, a kaal's host has a shortened life-span, and that the Kaal's life is extended by finding another host, if I remember correctly. The problem arises in that there isn't anything on the Beacon you guys can use as another host. Everything is either sentient or owned as a pet. We don't even have livestock. The Beacon's medical technology can extend the life of the host quite a bit, but once time is up we will need to find a new host from somewhere other than the Beacon. I'm not sure what complications we may face at that point."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"You actually... that- what. but- Bwah?" Tilt.

"Well... we can survive indefinitely in a fluid, semi-basic saline environment, but the lack of physical structure tends to lead to a loss of colony cohesion after a while... so, Last resort." Kobor explains, keeping his voice low, and hoping nobody else realizes he's basically describing sea water, given several people saw both him and Talya battered and broken, but wouldn't know about her cleanup effort.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I don’t care if it sounds boring, I’m not going to lose a fourth child, especially one who’s my dau.. Wait what was that about nineteen years?” Kolt asked, only to find she had already disappeared. He started panicking again, like any father would upon losing their daughter in a big crowd. ”June? June?!? June honey, please come back here. This isn’t funny.” He started making his way through the crowd in the direction she had been pulling him, hoping she kept moving in the same direction.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny followed Kolt. It seemed the right thing to do. "Kolt, handsome Kolt," she said, "calm down. You're not going to get all the answers tonight, especially by interrogation. You might push her away. Let her tell you in her time."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sana took anther sip of her drink. "I knew there was a reason I liked you," she confided. "You're so open. Not like so many of us hackers. And you're only stumped, I'll bet, by one question. What do you really want and need for Sanctmas?" She smirked slightly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A super efficient fuel system that either creates its' own power or is compatible with fuelling systems we currently use?" The Prime Minister asked. "To put it another way," he added, seeing the confused looks around him, "Will it run on diesel or a far more efficient, self replenishing, fuel?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"You actually... that- what. but- Bwah?" Tilt.

"Well... we can survive indefinitely in a fluid, semi-basic saline environment, but the lack of physical structure tends to lead to a loss of colony cohesion after a while... so, Last resort." Kobor explains, keeping his voice low, and hoping nobody else realizes he's basically describing sea water, given several people saw both him and Talya battered and broken, but wouldn't know about her cleanup effort.
"Loss of colony cohesion is definitely something to be avoided. For more reasons than I can list here. I might have a solution, but it will take time to work out." The gilded droid said. Then the droid broke off and returned to the conversation with the Prime Minister. A second droid, a light security droid on patrol, picked up the conversation with the twins. "I also want to ask: What are the chances of June being discovered should the Beacon travel to your timeline? I want to know because I have been working on something for a long time that I think might help should we find ourselves in a bad situation. It's almost done, relatively speaking, but I need to know if I should push the priority of the project up a bit. Get it done sooner."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"A super efficient fuel system that either creates its' own power or is compatible with fuelling systems we currently use?" The Prime Minister asked. "To put it another way," he added, seeing the confused looks around him, "Will it run on diesel or a far more efficient, self replenishing, fuel?"
"Definitely the latter. The new, upgraded features draw more power, so it needs a far more efficient power source. It has a high efficiency reactor that draws on hydrogen from the air and water for reactor fuel. The shielding system in particular needs the extra power. Anything else regarding the ship? Or shall we discuss that, I believe it was a research project?"

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sana took anther sip of her drink. "I knew there was a reason I liked you," she confided. "You're so open. Not like so many of us hackers. And you're only stumped, I'll bet, by one question. What do you really want and need for Sanctmas?" She smirked slightly.
The droid let out a short static burst. "Yes, that is a question even I struggle with yearly. Of course, it's still a few months off, so I have time to think about it."
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika watched with mouth agape at Jaken as he overfilled his plate, and himself, whilst debating if to tell him he can go back for seconds or just wait until he can't eat anymore..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I don’t want all the answers, I just want her to be safe.” Kolt said as he keep pushing his way through the crowd. If he didn’t find June soon, he was going to start looking for her from the air, regardless of whatever this “Paparazzi” did. ”I know I’m probably overreacting, but every time I didn’t take something as seriously as I should’ve, things went wrong. The Yah Rin’s scouting portals, Allsight, Lila’s odd behavior and the way it suddenly stopped. I’m not going to let my carelessness get someone else hurt or killed. Once we find June, I promise I’ll relax and enjoy the party. But until she’s somewhere where I know she’s safe, I’m going to keep worrying about her.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"You're being silly, dad." June comments, popping up behind the searching duo and playfully pouncing on Kolt. A cheerful if goofy expression on her face, giggling with her tail wagging behind her. "host bodies wear out, you can't stop it any more than you can catch a star. So stop worrying and have fun." With that she's off again, her last known direction being toards the food.

- - - - - -

A sneaky sharkish form Rika might not recognize, no taller than 144cm and vaguely resembling one of her teammates, creeps out of the crowd behind Jaken, looking like she's about to pounce on him.

- - - - -

"They can test if you're gifted and it's part of getting a citizen card. There's a central registry built into the Citizen ID database, you can't fake it. So spaceports, bars, restricted goods stores, weapons dealers, shipyards, vehicle suit and shell dealers, public transit, public libraries, banks, basically anywhere you'd use your citizen card to access a public or restricted service, would raise a fuss if she doesn't have a card, the restricted ones would have her arrested. They can't tell what the gift is unless someone sees you using it, but improbable luck is pretty noticeable and hard to disguise." Kobor tries to explain quietly while Talya works on regaining enough composure to give the PM a response that isn't gibberish. Eventually settling on taking control of one of the arms from Kobor, and returning the handshake.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Do you know," Jenny said as she watched a shark fin wend its' way through the crowd towards the boy, "I think she's going to give you plenty of times to worry about her, if you want to or not?" She tapped his nose. "So you need to stop," she advised, "or you'll give yourself a coronary and then you'll have NO time with her, y'know?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, a joint research laboratory here would serve the interest, hmm? It would provide you with an isolated system to run first scans on, it would provide the University with access to technology they could normally only dream of affording and it would help to increase the ties idea I understand the IOC and the Champions have initiated. Indeed, with such a structure between us, it may prove a useful base for one of your teams?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken found himself out of the line of food and decided to start his plates there and, if needed, refill on the way back. So he started on the sandwiches.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"They can test if you're gifted and it's part of getting a citizen card. There's a central registry built into the Citizen ID database, you can't fake it. So spaceports, bars, restricted goods stores, weapons dealers, shipyards, vehicle suit and shell dealers, public transit, public libraries, banks, basically anywhere you'd use your citizen card to access a public or restricted service, would raise a fuss if she doesn't have a card, the restricted ones would have her arrested. They can't tell what the gift is unless someone sees you using it, but improbable luck is pretty noticeable and hard to disguise." Kobor tries to explain quietly while Talya works on regaining enough composure to give the PM a response that isn't gibberish. Eventually settling on taking control of one of the arms from Kobor, and returning the handshake.
"...And we would be flying a five hundred mile long ship holding over ten billion unregistered people into the middle of all of it. Lovely." The droid was rubbing it's forehead. "There isn't any way to avoid detection. I've tried. The Beacon is simply too big. Anything that's built to detect dark-matter or black holes sees through any cloaking system I give it. I might be able to make a better cloaking system, but that could take months, even years to develop. I'm upping the priority of the new defense system. It will be done in a few days. After that, we just need to be careful and hope we don't need it."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, a joint research laboratory here would serve the interest, hmm? It would provide you with an isolated system to run first scans on, it would provide the University with access to technology they could normally only dream of affording and it would help to increase the ties idea I understand the IOC and the Champions have initiated. Indeed, with such a structure between us, it may prove a useful base for one of your teams?
"Hmm... I sense a problem. Beacon technology has advanced one hundred times faster than that of Earth since it's creation nearly thirty years ago. Our recent technology is too advanced to allow anyone else access to. However, if I were allowed to set up a small hive relay, I would be able to leave a few of me behind when the Beacon leaves to help teach and assist in your technological development more gradually. You would get a boost to your research, and the Beacon tightens ties between Earth and ourselves. Might even meet some future Champions." The golden droid offered.

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”I don’t want all the answers, I just want her to be safe.” Kolt said as he keep pushing his way through the crowd. If he didn’t find June soon, he was going to start looking for her from the air, regardless of whatever this “Paparazzi” did. ”I know I’m probably overreacting, but every time I didn’t take something as seriously as I should’ve, things went wrong. The Yah Rin’s scouting portals, Allsight, Lila’s odd behavior and the way it suddenly stopped. I’m not going to let my carelessness get someone else hurt or killed. Once we find June, I promise I’ll relax and enjoy the party. But until she’s somewhere where I know she’s safe, I’m going to keep worrying about her.”
At that moment, Hivemind noticed something... concerning. A series of portals were opening up around the Beacon of Hope. Hivemind tried to trace their origins, but they didn't seem to be linked to anything on this plane. He overheard what Kolt had said, and he needed more information. However, he couldn't risk Kolt panicking in case nothing was wrong.

[Ulrich and Tatiana only]
>Tatiana, Ulrich, please ask Kolt about those portals.
>I will explain later.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"...And we would be flying a five hundred mile long ship holding over ten billion unregistered people into the middle of all of it. Lovely." The droid was rubbing it's forehead. "There isn't any way to avoid detection. I've tried. The Beacon is simply too big. Anything that's built to detect dark-matter or black holes sees through any cloaking system I give it. I might be able to make a better cloaking system, but that could take months, even years to develop. I'm upping the priority of the new defense system. It will be done in a few days. After that, we just need to be careful and hope we don't need it."
> about that, tou,d be better off making the journey in something small. I've noticed a lot of use of solid energy mass technologies over here... Over there those aren't a thing. They're fiction. I'm pretty sure the laws of physics are different. Expect any shields, hard light barriers, 'MacGuffin' fields, energy-based structural or innertial whatever's to act weird or just stop working altogether.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So, c'mon," Jenny urged, the glint of humour in her eye and on her teeth, "You go left, I'll go right. Pincer movement. Let's go shark hunting!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Just as he put everything down, Jaken would feel something bump into him from behind and a jaw latch onto the back of his head. Just hard enough to be felt, but not to injure. June giving a playful if muffled "grawr."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken got a warning, too late, as he saw the tiniest reflection off one of the steel serving dishes. He still had no time to move so he settled for windmilling his arms and spitting some food in 'panic' before calling out "help, help! Shark for a hat," and applying his claws to see if June was ticklish in his defence.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:"...And we would be flying a five hundred mile long ship holding over ten billion unregistered people into the middle of all of it. Lovely." The droid was rubbing it's forehead. "There isn't any way to avoid detection. I've tried. The Beacon is simply too big. Anything that's built to detect dark-matter or black holes sees through any cloaking system I give it. I might be able to make a better cloaking system, but that could take months, even years to develop. I'm upping the priority of the new defense system. It will be done in a few days. After that, we just need to be careful and hope we don't need it."
> about that, tou,d be better off making the journey in something small. I've noticed a lot of use of solid energy mass technologies over here... Over there those aren't a thing. They're fiction. I'm pretty sure the laws of physics are different. Expect any shields, hard light barriers, 'MacGuffin' fields, energy-based structural or innertial whatever's to act weird or just stop working altogether.
"Not possible." The droid said, shaking it's head. "Even for us, fifth-dimensional warp drives are recent technology. The Beacon is the only ship in the universe that has one, and it's the size of a megacarrier. Going in something smaller isn't possible without flying it into a black hole, which is something I won't do for a number of reasons that should be very obvious. However, you didn't have any problems crossing even though your devices were made using different physical principles. Different physics should impact nearly everything. It's likely the physics of our universes are not so different. After all, we didn't develop these shields, hard light constructs, and other things of the sort until about two hundred years ago. Before that, they were fiction for us as well. We are almost five-hundred years ahead of you. 474 years to be exact. It's possible your society simply hasn't discovered these principles yet. Either way, though. I don't think it matters." He points over to June. He is about to continue when he saw how she was impersonating a hat. The droid slapped it's face. "June! No eating people! You don't know where he's been." He went back to his discussion. "She shouldn't be possible here either. Luck here cannot be controlled. Fortuna refuses to take an avatar because no-one can be lucky all the time because then it stops being luck. This, along with the unusual properties often displayed by other universe jumpers as well as our own past jumps leads me to believe that when something jumps to another universe, it carries with it the properties of it's own universe."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

For someone who kept telling Kolt to calm down, June sure seemed to be trying to make him panic. His eye slightly twitched at the bit about host bodies wearing out, and he didn’t even hear Jenny’s joke about shark hunting as he chased after his clone/daughter. It said a lot about his mood that his reaction to finding June nibbling on Jaken was relief. ”For Meado’s sake June, stop running away from me like that. Also, please let go of Jaken. He’s a teammate, not a chew toy.” He said, walking over to place a hand on her shoulder.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Jaken agreed with Hive, "you don't know where I've been... Hey!" he added in mock offence to the Bot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Minister couldn't help but chuckle at the situation. "Even Super Children need to play," he said. "and I suppose I can agree that a direct jump of that time frame would be rather dangerous. Like building a house on sand without foundations."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

>Why? He replied as he made his way through the crowd to the buffet where Kolt had finished his chase after June.
>Should we start preparing to leave?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Jaken agreed with Hive, "you don't know where I've been... Hey!" he added in mock offence to the Bot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Minister couldn't help but chuckle at the situation. "Even Super Children need to play," he said. "and I suppose I can agree that a direct jump of that time frame would be rather dangerous. Like building a house on sand without foundations."
The formal droid snickered at Jaken before returning to the conversation. "That, and giving technology 3000 years ahead of what the rest of the world has to any one country would seem like favoritism at best and disrupt balance of power between nations at worst. The ship we are giving you alone is pushing it. I hope you understand."

-----------------------------
Deske wrote:>Why? He replied as he made his way through the crowd to the buffet where Kolt had finished his chase after June.
>Should we start preparing to leave?
>At the moment, no.
>Honestly it depends on his answer.
>Can you or Tatiana ask him to describe the portals?
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Giggling at Jaken's "counter attack", June holds on, trying to wiggle away from his paws without loosing her grip. Only letting go when go when Kolt pops up, she backs off a bit. Though when hivemind speaks up she just goes squinty-eyed, looks at him and sticks her tongue out at the machine.

- - - - - - -

In her attempts to find a drink to cool off after her spicy snack, Kol has apparently found alcohol somewhere, judging by the half-empty bottle of champaign she's holding. She is currently proving somewhat entertaining if incoherent to a couple of people, a few of them reporters, as she retells a possibly dramatized and/or misremembered version of some sort of gladiatorial battle, in a slightly slurred tone...

Everyone else is avoiding her...

- - - - - - -

"Maybe I should be focusing on bringing somebody up to speed before he has a heart attack..."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich smoothed out his vest and walked up to Kolt, "Kolt," he placed a firm hand on the Concertians shoulder, "You were talking about these scouting portals earlier," He picked up a glass of champagne from the table next to them, "Would you mind to telling me more about those? It sounds like an interesting method of travel and I was wondering if I could create something similar for defensive purposes. A descriptive of them might provide an idea on what kind of spatial displacement they use."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mr Mind's O.K.," Jaken told June, "Think he sees all so has forgotten how to have fun. I am Jaken, Miss hat," he said, offering a handpaw for the shaking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny noted the situation had eased and Kolt was being engaged so she wended her way around to find Kol. "How you doing, Kol," she asked the slightly squiffy team member.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course," the Prime Minister confided. "and we thank you for it."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:In her attempts to find a drink to cool off after her spicy snack, Kol has apparently found alcohol somewhere, judging by the half-empty bottle of champaign she's holding. She is currently proving somewhat entertaining if incoherent to a couple of people, a few of them reporters, as she retells a possibly dramatized and/or misremembered version of some sort of gladiatorial battle, in a slightly slurred tone...

Everyone else is avoiding her...

- - - - - - -

"Maybe I should be focusing on bringing somebody up to speed before he has a heart attack..."
"That would probably be best." the droid said, before noticing Kol's... situation. "Ah... I'll be right back."

Walking over to Kol through the reporters, the hive security droid tilted it's head at her. "Having fun, are we? I should warn you that in case you don't have strong drinks where you are from that it will make you will wake up with a very bad headache tomorrow. I would suggest drinking that a bit slower." He said in a friendly tone. He didn't really want to anger the dizzy giant with giant claws.

----------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," the Prime Minister confided. "and we thank you for it."
"We are here to help, Mr. Prime Minister. Is there anything else you wish to discuss with me? More about the ship? Other ways we can help the people?"
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gently turned June to face him, looking directly into her eyes so she’d know he was being serious. ”June honey, I need you to stay close to me. I get really worried if I don’t know where you are. If you want to go somewhere, just tell me and I’ll go with you.” He asked her, his tone gentle and calm. Then Ulrich came and interrupted his moment with June to talk about the Yah Rin’s portals. He slowly turned to face the human, looking at him like he just said his wallet tasted funny. ”Really. You think you can reverse engineer extradimensional technology that my people have spent years working on, from nothing more than a description of what they look like? Also, I thought your Tinker specialty was forcefields, not portals?”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

June scowls at that. "ugh. FINE. It's not like I haven't been hunting these oceans for years, I know how to handle myself." pouting and crossing her arms, shooting her dad a scowl.

"Residual host memory isn't the same as experience June."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now it's Jaken's handpaw on June's arm as he looked up at her "Dad's worry," he said, "Mine always did until you talk. I miss it." He gave her a half hearted smile. "You should enjoy. While you can, yes?
But... sometime? Tell them truthsso they can try not to worry. They like that.
" He sniffed once and rubbed his eyes. "Onion," he fibbed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tried any of the food yet, Kol," Jenny asked.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"My specialty as a whole is electronics.
Hard light generators are a little more available than gravity generators and they are far easier to downsize while remaining functional. But with the pay I am receiving for being a Champion, they are a little more available now. I am sure you can understand."
He smiled and gave Kolt a shrug, "There are tens of equations and theories related to each form of travel, so yes, a description would increase the ease of figuring out which group of theories it relies on."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt shrugged, Ulrich’s explanation making enough sense. ”Well, okay I guess. They were circular in shape, and swirled around with a bunch of different shades of milky white, which expanded to reveal a blueish-green center when someone on the other side was stepping through. They made some sort of weird bubbling noise, and exhaled some kind of smoke, that we still haven’t been able to deduce what it’s made of. At first they only lasted a few seconds and appeared in completely random spots, but as time went on, they started lasting longer and moving towards places with lots of Capes. One of the last one appeared right in the middle of my old headquarters and lasted about a week.” He said, frowning at the bad memories. He turned away from Ulrich, using his power to grab a plate and various food items from the buffet. ”Do you have any more questions that I’m completely unfit to answer, or can I go back to spending time with my daughter?”

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded, "Thank you, that's enough information for me to work with." He put some food on a plate and carried it away from the buffet table.

>Did you get all of that?