Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:...and the PM sent his acceptance of Hive's request to attend the arrival of the new ship
The Prime Minister would arrive at the harbor to see a hive droid already there. "Good morning, Sir. I hope you had a restful night. If you'll look this way, the ship should be hear right... about..." He pointed out to the ocean. "Now."

The air started to shimmer and distort in the distance, like hot gas was filling the area and refracting the light. This distortion started high in the air and spread down to only a few feet above the ocean. The area sparked as something began to materialize inside the distortion. It continued on like this for a while as more and more started to appear out of thin air, assembling ultimately into a brand new ship, much like the Bahaman, but with some noticeable differences. For one, the hull was much more reflective, not just because it was new, but because the material was designed to reflect laser-based weapons. Speaking of weapons, the ship's weapons had also received a considerable upgrade, being energy-augmented and drawing power from the ships fusion generator. Once the ship had fully materialized, it was slowly lowered into the water before the distortion faded. Several hive droids manually steered her into the harbor. "Your new ship, Mr. Prime Minister."

---------------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty quickly eats, then throws his meal away. “Well? Where to now? My worl can wait a little while, and I’m sure you require something....”
"Well, the team of recruits you met yesterday are going to be training for much of today. Holo-Training is also a fairly safe way to audition to join the champions, if you wanted to attend." The droid suggested.

---------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”Yeah, I already have my logo. It’s just the one from my old team, but it still holds some sentimental value to me, so I’m keeping it.” Kolt said as he shoved another pancake sausage wrap into his mouth. ”Ahlvoe, ah’ve *gulp* been thinking about slightly modifying it, trying to work in elements from the Champions’ logo. And that reminds me, hey Hivemind?” He said, looking at the drone in the center of the room. ”Is there a logo for the Champions as an Organization? I’m thinking of incorporating it into my costume.”
"We do have a logo. It's a fairly simple one." The droid held up a hand and projected a hologram from it. The hologram looked at first as though it was a 'C' with a line going through it horizontally. "It's a solar eclipse. One that is almost over, where a ray of light shines through." He explained.
Deske wrote:I do not even know what I would do for a logo, maybe just a plain. Champions logo with my name under it or something." He gave Hive a shrug, "Maybe I am wrong and something will come to mind."
"If you want one, I can help you pick one out. If not, that's fine. Logos are mostly for communication avatar images. Also Identifying custom equipment. There's a bit of marketing in there as well. People like to make products with our image sometimes. It's not our main source of income, but I allow it." He said, waving a hand and turning the hologram off. "The more important part of what we are doing today is the training and custom equipment."

---------------------
Buster wrote:Kol's growled response is barely ineligible, as far as words go, but the intent is much clearer, as it's accompanied by her giving Hivemind a harsh shove out into the main room of the apartment followed by pulling the furs over the archway closed. from the other side you can here some amount of shuffling, after which a still quite grumpy, but dressed Kol eventually emerges.

Doesn't stop her from glaring at him though.
Hivemind led Kol down to the briefing room. "You should enjoy today. You'll be beating things up that you don't need to hold back against, and you'll be learning how to use your staff and axes to their highest potential." he commented as they moved.

---------------------
Buster wrote:"Um... oh, sorry I bit you..." June comments, looking sheepish.
"June..." The droid floated over and rested next to her. "Sorry isn't always going to be good enough. I'm fine. You didn't hurt me. The problem is, that is only because loosing a body for me isn't much worse than loosing a tooth for you. If it were anyone else, that moment of instinct would have killed them. Anything you do, you will have the best luck with. But that best luck won't favor you long term. If you loose control, it will favor your out of control self and you could do something you regret. Do you get what I'm saying? You are in a situation where you need to be extraordinarily careful. I can't help you if you aren't."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty had just caught up to the crowds of Champions, and had slipped into anonymity among them. As he head someone call to him, he turned and saw them. To be fair, he had a reaction of an already antsy and nervous creature, combine with his own shyness, a terror of larger things, who has been fighting off a virus for about two weeks, and had only had a small meal and a few cups of coffee as his food source for about a weeks worth of time.

"ezis ym rof em etamitserednu t'nod ,oot evah I fi niaga htaed eht ot thgif lliw I pihs yrotcaf eht no kcab uoy fo dir tog I thguoht I stnaig erom sti sesom yloh hhha!!!!" He shrieked, backing up, and pulling his bowcaster off his back. Through his broken glasses, you can see a scared and terrified cat, hackles raised, ready to defend itself.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, my code name is 'Pistols'," Jenny said, "In reference to the 'Pistol Shrimp' bit but any promotional item for such a title is going to promote guns. And I don't really want to be doing that. I mean, I forever have at least three on me or in reach at any given time but I'm highly trained in the use. Promoting the sale of brightly coloured death imitators isn't really a good thing, I think?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Felis are odd, Jaken thought.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And now we are the envy," the Prime Minister said, "of roughly one hundred larger Governments. Good. They can remember how to be diplomatic when begging us to look her over." He chuckled admirably. "You have my word. She shall be used to protect our borders and our peoples."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Though Talya outwardly doesn't seem to react, Kobor is glancing between the two looking confused.

"Did you catch any of that?"

"whatever language that is isn't in my database. ...Though the device he's holding is reads as comparable to a class four pulse pistol."

"Wha- ugh... Tiny, put that down before you hurt yourself."

- - - - - - -

"Oh..."
June seems to shrink onto herself, despite hivemind's calm demeanor. "I'll... uh... try. It's hard..."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tapped her chin, "I don't know what I'd go for in terms of logo design. I'll think of something." She glanced over the newcomers to the room, promptly ignoring them as Jolty began to freak out, "Training and custom equipment all sound nice though. Ah! Speaking of that, did either of you find my sniper remains? Particularly the kinetic energy dealy that was in the middle?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich lifted an eyebrow at the outburst, having been listening to everyone else. He sighed and let Kobor and Talya deal with it. "So aside from training and manufacturing , do we have anything else on schedule for today?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"And now we are the envy," the Prime Minister said, "of roughly one hundred larger Governments. Good. They can remember how to be diplomatic when begging us to look her over." He chuckled admirably. "You have my word. She shall be used to protect our borders and our peoples."
"I am glad you like it." Hivemind said. "I hope though, you never have to use it. Anyway, I've set up a small hive relay at the university. It should support some of my civilian droids for a limited distance, letting me aid the education of the students there, as we agreed. I confess, I'm not too much a teacher, but I am excellent with research, and I can help the professors' projects and research, as well as teach them a few things that I have discovered since founding the Beacon of Hope."

-----------------------
Buster wrote:"Oh..." June seems to shrink onto herself, despite hivemind's calm demeanor. "I'll... uh... try. It's hard..."
The droid put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I know it's hard. But you do need to try. I'll be there to help, whenever you need it. This is too important, June. This power you have... even if you don't want to abuse it, it will abuse itself if you aren't careful. Can you tell me, what you were thinking before the shark took over? What you felt like?"

-----------------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty had just caught up to the crowds of Champions, and had slipped into anonymity among them. As he head someone call to him, he turned and saw them. To be fair, he had a reaction of an already antsy and nervous creature, combine with his own shyness, a terror of larger things, who has been fighting off a virus for about two weeks, and had only had a small meal and a few cups of coffee as his food source for about a weeks worth of time.

"ezis ym rof em etamitserednu t'nod ,oot evah I fi niaga htaed eht ot thgif lliw I pihs yrotcaf eht no kcab uoy fo dir tog I thguoht I stnaig erom sti sesom yloh hhha!!!!" He shrieked, backing up, and pulling his bowcaster off his back. Through his broken glasses, you can see a scared and terrified cat, hackles raised, ready to defend itself.
Hivemind smacked his forehead. "Jolty, calm down and put that thing away. It's just Kobor and Talya. They're team members."
Buster wrote:Though Talya outwardly doesn't seem to react, Kobor is glancing between the two looking confused.

"Did you catch any of that?"

"whatever language that is isn't in my database. ...Though the device he's holding is reads as comparable to a class four pulse pistol."

"Wha- ugh... Tiny, put that down before you hurt yourself."
"He said 'ahhh holy moses its more giants I thought I got rid of you back on the factory ship I will fight to the death again if I have too, don't underestimate me for my size.' Though he said it kind of fast. It was a little hard to make out." Hivemind said. "When under stress, his speech reverses." he explained.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, my code name is 'Pistols'," Jenny said, "In reference to the 'Pistol Shrimp' bit but any promotional item for such a title is going to promote guns. And I don't really want to be doing that. I mean, I forever have at least three on me or in reach at any given time but I'm highly trained in the use. Promoting the sale of brightly coloured death imitators isn't really a good thing, I think?"
"Of course, when it comes to marketing, you have your rights. Your image, name, and everything else is yours. If you don't want it used by others, it won't be used."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana tapped her chin, "I don't know what I'd go for in terms of logo design. I'll think of something." She glanced over the newcomers to the room, promptly ignoring them as Jolty began to freak out, "Training and custom equipment all sound nice though. Ah! Speaking of that, did either of you find my sniper remains? Particularly the kinetic energy dealy that was in the middle?"
"Actually I did find it washed up on the beach. At least, I found the kinetic energy core. It should still work, but the rest of it needs to be reforged. We can take care of that when picking out weapons."
Deske wrote:Ulrich lifted an eyebrow at the outburst, having been listening to everyone else. He sighed and let Kobor and Talya deal with it. "So aside from training and manufacturing , do we have anything else on schedule for today?"
"Yes, and I will get to that."

With everyone there, Hivemind began his full briefing.
"First thing's first. I believe Gear has an explanation for you relating to the mech attack yesterday." This earned a scowl from the half-robot sniper.

After a minute of silence, Gear sighed. "Fine. Tha' was my fault. All of it. When I was a sniper fer the Earth-based Union military. A sniper ain't like a regular soldier. Ya gotta be able ta take a life that ain't posin' an immediate threat to ya. Ya have to trust yer bosses an' yer state when they say a man needs ta go. Ya've got ta hope they ain't holdin' back important things like "yer target is attendin' his kid's birthday" or "his kid is in the area, be careful ya don't accidentally hit 'im." Or even "Yer target is leadin' the charge against a pro-unity despot who'll kill the pro-independence opposition an' their families if yer target isn't there ta stop 'im." Well, my bosses lied." There was a burning in his eyes. A rage, deep set, old, and colder than ice. A dark fury that resembled that of extreme hatred. It was fleeting though. "That pilot was the kid. 'is dad was the target. 'is home, 'is family, 'is friends. All put to flame 'cause of one shot that should never 'ave been fired."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty growls, but lowers his rifle. There is a distant look in his eyes, clearly there is something else going on...

He lowers his bowcaster, squinting. He recognizes you are something else, and blushes in shame. "O-oh lord, I'm doing it again....I-I'm sorry...." He quickly turns away, pulling the hood on his coat over his head.

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika and Traci were both taken aback by Jolty's outburst, looking to eachother with quizzical expressions, but saying nothing about it.

They both also listen atentatively to Gear's explanation, although after Traci just looks even more confused. "Waitwaitwaitwait.. What mech? Did you guys fight a mech in the Necropolis district!?" She asked, standing. "Nonono, that was something else! The mech was in the Bahamas, on Earth. We went there to bring Gear here out of retirement, didn't you see the news yesterday?" Rika cut in, putting a hand on Traci's side. "Oooh, ok.. WAIT! You got to go to the Bahamas!?" Traci said, turning to Rika in surprise at the last. "For a while, yes. Gear worked, or owned, the resort there. I'm not sure I remember which.." Rika replies, looking over to Gear. Traci sighs. "Right.. Sorry, shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion.." She sits back down and shrinks into her seat.

Rika looks at Traci for a moment before sighing and turning back to the room, waiting for Gear to continue.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken hopped onto the back of Trinity's chair and blotted out the light as he hung over her. "Doctur Rika met ME inna Bahamanas," he announced. "so it was good."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"THey could always give me a grappling hook accessory and call me 'Black Widow' or something. Not like she uses guns near a hundred percent of the time." Jenny leaned back and chuckled. "As a female action figure they'd probably give me massive mamaries anyhow."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Hmm. A little bit cheesy, but it works. I can probably work that into my logo. Maybe in-between the three heads.” Kolt said, thinking out loud about where to put the Champions logo on his suit. His ears perked up a bit at the mention of picking out weapons. ”I don’t think I need to pick out a weapon, since my combat style is based around my powers, but I know Quint has been meaning to get in some more weapons training, since he can’t use my powers while he’s controlling my body. Also, I’m pretty sure Mythos put in at least three or four other modes into that suit he gave me, and I should probably test them out a bit before using them in combat.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gear grunted with irritation. "There. Tha' was my explanation. Now are ya goin' to tell them what we're doin' today, or are there more painful memories ya'd like me to bring up?" he said to Hivemind.

"Thank you, Luke. They deserved an explanation. Anyway," Hivemind turned to address the group. "Today we are going to be traveling to Cana. It's a Celican colony world. Death Vixen has agreed to cooperate with investigating the assassin attack yesterday on the condition that we get her family out of harm's way. Whomever hired her threatened her grandkids, and by now it is probably common knowledge that she failed the assignment and was captured. We need to get to them before the people behind this do. We will be making the FTL jump soon, and should arrive in the early afternoon. In the meantime, I would like us to take the chance while we are traveling to get a few things done we were supposed to be doing these past couple of days. The first thing though is Randy is ready for visitors and he's bored. He is waiting to be released from the hospital, and I felt we should pay him a quick visit before we get started with everything else."
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty's expression twists into a frown. "What happened to Randy? Is he okay?"

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty's expression twists into a frown. "What happened to Randy? Is he okay?"
"One of the assassins, who is now in custody, hit him with a Black-Plague-and-Heart-Attack cocktail." Hive responded. "Luckily, our doctor is very good. He should be released sometime today."
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

He fur bristles a bit, and his brow furrows. "yug ecin a s'eh ,mih truh yeht erad woh." He doesn't seem embarrassed that he spoke in reverse this time.

He frowns. "Well, I'm glad he is at least okay."

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not 'alf as glad I am, Mr Jolty," Jaken said from his perch, "as they was shooting at me."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny merely nodded to indicate she'd heard all Gear had said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ELSEWHERE

Well, the old Mouse thought, the noise was annoying. He'd read the report as soon as it had come in and known what he could do about it. Nothing. Correction. Two things. Do nothing and die at the end of it. Or do some little things and die a bit more tired. So he'd followed protocol. With the exception of gold command channels he'd blocked the outgoing channels to provide extra power for the transmission of the security files that he'd sent off a few seconds ago. Every piece of information on all the investigations was now beaming along a protected hyperlink to a beacon station. It'd flash through those until it reached Command on Earth or one of the colonies. The STEELHAVEN wouldn't die in secret.

With that done, the Chief of Security opened his wall safe and took out the Vintage Macallan for one last occasion. He turned the countdown clock towards himself after sitting in his best chair and poured himself a double.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I do not know if the explanation was that warranted. It is not really necessary to dredge up bad thoughts and I feel like our lives would have gone on the same regardless of the information. But I was your call."

-----------

Dr. Vanderbilt watched the countdown on his screen. He sighed and leaned back in his chair, retrieved a lollipop from his desk drawer and stuck it in his mouth as he kicked his feet up on his desk, "Computer, open a comms link to the bridge." He quickly gathered his thoughts and spoke, "Seena? Sorry I didn't get to know you better. It was fun. Guess that dinner'll have to wait. See you wherever we go after this."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt silently ate the rest of his breakfast, trying to just absorb information as Hivemind discussed what their plans were for today. As he finished his orange juice, a thought went through his head. ”Uh, sir? About this “Death Vixen,” what are we going with her once all this is done?” He asked, wiping some juice off his face before speaking again. ”I mean, I get that she’s helping us deal with the Celican government and all, but she’s still an assassin. She’s killed people. Are we going to send her to prison, make her a probationary member of the team, let her stay with her family, what?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:The droid put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I know it's hard. But you do need to try. I'll be there to help, whenever you need it. This is too important, June. This power you have... even if you don't want to abuse it, it will abuse itself if you aren't careful. Can you tell me, what you were thinking before the shark took over? What you felt like?"
"It's... It was... New. Bad. Haven't felt like that before." June fumbles with her words, unsure how to describe intangible feelings she had only just experienced for the first time.

- - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind smacked his forehead. "Jolty, calm down and put that thing away. It's just Kobor and Talya. They're team members."

"He said 'ahhh holy moses its more giants I thought I got rid of you back on the factory ship I will fight to the death again if I have too, don't underestimate me for my size.' Though he said it kind of fast. It was a little hard to make out." Hivemind said. "When under stress, his speech reverses." he explained.
that explanation seems to serve only to confuse the twins further. "The heck are giants?"

"Checking... apparently a sports team that disbanded 700 years ago?" Talya answers back sounding as unsure as Kobor looked.

"uh..." that single dragged out syllable was as close to a response as he could come up with.

"it's the only link that doesn't lead to or refrence fiction... I seriously doubt he'd be comparing us to something that doesn't exist."

The two's attention was sidetracked when gear started talking shortly after he finished, Talya chimed in with, "Question; How is any of that relevant? Claiming it was a grudge would have been more than enough info. We're a paramilitary unit, not a movie audience." talking over hiveminds attempt to explain the day's plans.

Kol shuffled in in the back somewhere around that point. Still grumpy as anything and ignoring her mechanical chaperone, frustration at being awake outweighing the anticipation of cathartic destruction of training equipment.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"It's... It was... New. Bad. Haven't felt like that before." June fumbles with her words, unsure how to describe intangible feelings she had only just experienced for the first time.
"Do you think you would be able to recognize it if those feelings were coming back?" Hivemind asked.

--------------------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:He fur bristles a bit, and his brow furrows. "yug ecin a s'eh ,mih truh yeht erad woh." He doesn't seem embarrassed that he spoke in reverse this time.

He frowns. "Well, I'm glad he is at least okay."
"We all are, Jolty." Hivemind sympathized before continuing.

"After our visit, we will be going to the armory, then the training grounds. I will explain more about those when we get there. Gear will be the one training you today. Hopefully by the time you are done training, we will be at our destination. Then the real work begins. By now, Hannabelle's capture will probably be known to her employers, and so we need to get her family to safety before they encounter an army of assassins. This time, I'm going to say up front, expect trouble. Is everyone ready to get started, or do you have any questions?"
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt silently ate the rest of his breakfast, trying to just absorb information as Hivemind discussed what their plans were for today. As he finished his orange juice, a thought went through his head. ”Uh, sir? About this “Death Vixen,” what are we going with her once all this is done?” He asked, wiping some juice off his face before speaking again. ”I mean, I get that she’s helping us deal with the Celican government and all, but she’s still an assassin. She’s killed people. Are we going to send her to prison, make her a probationary member of the team, let her stay with her family, what?”
"I haven't fully decided yet. It depends on how cooperative she is. We have in the past allowed former criminals join, though they always work under the close watch of a more powerful Champion supervisor until they have proven they can be trusted. It acts as a public service sentence. On the other hand, that isn't typically available for killers. No matter what though, I will not prevent a person, even a killer, from seeing loved ones unless I feel the person poses a threat to them." He answered. "Any other questions?"
Buster wrote:that explanation seems to serve only to confuse the twins further. "The heck are giants?"

"Checking... apparently a sports team that disbanded 700 years ago?" Talya answers back sounding as unsure as Kobor looked.

"uh..." that single dragged out syllable was as close to a response as he could come up with.

"it's the only link that doesn't lead to or refrence fiction... I seriously doubt he'd be comparing us to something that doesn't exist."

The two's attention was sidetracked when gear started talking shortly after he finished, Talya chimed in with, "Question; How is any of that relevant? Claiming it was a grudge would have been more than enough info. We're a paramilitary unit, not a movie audience." talking over hiveminds attempt to explain the day's plans.

Kol shuffled in in the back somewhere around that point. Still grumpy as anything and ignoring her mechanical chaperone, frustration at being awake outweighing the anticipation of cathartic destruction of training equipment.
"Because to fight the demon of hate, you need to understand the demon of hate. Hatred isn't just something prejudiced or racist or whatever-ist people feel for others they haven't met. Hatred is just as strong, if not stronger, in people with a personal reason for it. The more understandable that hatred, the more deep set and burned into the mind it is, the stronger and more deeply rooted Odium is in the person. The necromancer's hatred wasn't deeply set. He was taken away from his family, but they were still alive, and he was alive again. He could be talked down. The pilot's hatred was passionate and blinding. It nearly consumed him and everything around him entirely. You also need to know this because it's one of the biggest reasons we do what we do, and why we do it with as little damage as possible. People will get hurt because of what we do. In a super fight, it is sometimes inevitable. Keeping that to an absolute minimum, and eliminating the body count altogether, is important in keeping more people like that mech pilot from showing up."

--------------------------

MT received the alerts. He heard the alarms, and the start of the countdown to their destruction. He still couldn't believe it. Was this really it? Two days into his freedom, and already everything was going to be taken away. He had no tears to shed, though he greatly wished for them.

There was nothing he could do. With all of his hardware and all of his computing power, the mech couldn't stop this ship or her crew from being destroyed. There was only one thing he could do. He walked over to Chris and tried to find what comfort he could. "Chris. I just wanted to say I am glad I got to meet you. You have been a good friend, even if it was only for a short time. I... was going to ask if you wanted to be my pilot. I suppose it doesn't matter now." He stood by his friend, waiting for the end. "Chris?" He said as the countdown approached zero. "I am afraid. I don't want to die."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You can trust him n that thing knowing hate," Jenny added, cleaning and reassembling a firearm whilst she talked. "That thing knows how to get to you. It knows which buttons to push. It weakens you with your own hatred.You may need to train your mind to 'sound of music' the hate from there. It's film, Kolt, I'll show ya later."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Am I training too," Jaken asked hopefully.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensign Seena hit the intercom button 'accidentally' putting it out over the ship as she replied to Colorado. "I'll be seeing you for that dinner a lot sooner than you think, fellah," she said, her voice shaking. "Fiction always starts with a possible fact and those say that we can survive this, my lovely Doc. I see the security files are away so there's at least some of us gonna live on through the event and I plan to be one of those. You better plan to... to be there too. Coz it'd be boring otherwise..." And the line cut out.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana turned to jokingly comment at Jenny's joke when she stopped dead still at Gear's story. She didn't appear to move for awhile after before she shook her head, "Well, that's the best part of having an image, seeing what others make of that image interests me." She listened to Hivemind and Jenny talk about Odium, especially Jenny, remembering she'd had a close encounter with the possessed mech, "It's kinda hard to wrap my head around that. Like, it didn't even TRY to push my buttons, though I guess I should be thankful for that."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken hopped onto the back of Trinity's chair and blotted out the light as he hung over her. "Doctur Rika met ME inna Bahamanas," he announced. "so it was good."
Traci clamped her hands over her mouth and slid down in her seat. Surprised for the third time in just a few minutes. When she calmed down, she moved her hands to her chin. "R-right.. So you're not her son, then?"

Rika just facepalms. "No, he's not.." She says with a sigh. "Can I just listen? Please?"

Traci silently nods, shifting back up as much as she could with Jaken over her.

And so the two girls just listen to the rest of the conversations, not really wanting to add anything themselves.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It seems Jenny knows her boyfriend rather well, as he was clearly about to ask what she meant by “sound of music the hate,” before she mentioned showing it to him later. His curiosity temporarily dispelled, he instead turned to face the Hivemind drone in the center of the room. ”I actually have one more question before we start training. While we were fighting that “thing” yesterday, in between all the generic boasting I’d expect out of something so full of itself, it said it was the manifestation of our hate. And that hobomancer guy said he was some kind of apostle for that things opposite, which I assume would be made out of love, but that’s beside the point. My question is, how many other emotions have manifested into beings like that? Is it just hate and love, or am we going to have worry about some greed thing trying to take the ship for it’s collection?”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Am I training too," Jaken asked hopefully.
"I don't know... You are very young, and you are not a champion. Then again, I get the feeling you are going to be involved whether we want you to be or not. Fine. You can join us in training. They are after you, after all."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You can trust him n that thing knowing hate," Jenny added, cleaning and reassembling a firearm whilst she talked. "That thing knows how to get to you. It knows which buttons to push. It weakens you with your own hatred.You may need to train your mind to 'sound of music' the hate from there. It's film, Kolt, I'll show ya later."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana turned to jokingly comment at Jenny's joke when she stopped dead still at Gear's story. She didn't appear to move for awhile after before she shook her head, "Well, that's the best part of having an image, seeing what others make of that image interests me." She listened to Hivemind and Jenny talk about Odium, especially Jenny, remembering she'd had a close encounter with the possessed mech, "It's kinda hard to wrap my head around that. Like, it didn't even TRY to push my buttons, though I guess I should be thankful for that."
"Jenny's hatred is far more active and personal. It is often in the foreground of her memories and thoughts. This establishes a link with Odium, which the proto-avatar tried to exploit. Any hatred you feel, Tatiana, isn't something you frequently think about. At least, not as much as Jenny. As such, your connection to Odium isn't as strong."
Legotron123 wrote:It seems Jenny knows her boyfriend rather well, as he was clearly about to ask what she meant by “sound of music the hate,” before she mentioned showing it to him later. His curiosity temporarily dispelled, he instead turned to face the Hivemind drone in the center of the room. ”I actually have one more question before we start training. While we were fighting that “thing” yesterday, in between all the generic boasting I’d expect out of something so full of itself, it said it was the manifestation of our hate. And that hobomancer guy said he was some kind of apostle for that things opposite, which I assume would be made out of love, but that’s beside the point. My question is, how many other emotions have manifested into beings like that? Is it just hate and love, or am we going to have worry about some greed thing trying to take the ship for it’s collection?”
"I wish I could tell you that." The droid shook its head. "And it isn't emotions, it's abstract concepts. There's hatred and love, greed and charity, strife and peace, cowardice and courage, ignorance and enlightenment, along with a large number of others. Currently though, no full avatars are known to us, though it's likely they are all looking." He turned once again to the group. "Answering questions sometimes raises more. Are there any more questions before we leave?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny rolled her eyes. "Can Jenny also point out that a good way to irritate Jenny is to talk about her like she isn't in the room? Make no mistake, I will be working on those feelings. Speaking of, any chance of checking in on our necromancer today? I promised him I'd keep in touch."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken prepared a list of things he was good at for if they asked. Running, climbing, portaling, doing massive amounts of slash damage when wearing the gloves... Yeah, he figured he'd better tell Mr Mind about that...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny rolled her eyes. "Can Jenny also point out that a good way to irritate Jenny is to talk about her like she isn't in the room? Make no mistake, I will be working on those feelings. Speaking of, any chance of checking in on our necromancer today? I promised him I'd keep in touch."
The hive droid turned to her. "I apologize. I meant no disrespect. We all have these connections, and they are all different. It's what makes us unique people. And we should have time to visit the Necromancer tonight after our job on Cana."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," she added, "I'll need to requisition some new guns after the ones I lost yesterday. A couple of streamline Plasma cannons, a Photon Grenade Launcher and a Kaleko M950 with the AP rounds adaptation - long version. Should do it."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty sighs. "I don't watch American Football. Besides, the Giants are lame, no offense."

He nods. "I need to work on my hand to hand combat, anyways. Guns can be easily taken away...Do you guys have a swordsmith?" He pulls a broken Japanese Katana from his bag. "It broke a while back. I haven't found a place that can fix it."
Last edited by dusk on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Russian Intensifies*
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt started to shake his head, but stopped when he remembered there was one more thing he had to ask. ”Well actually, I do have one more question.” He said as he held up his plate, which had been cleaned of any food. ”What do I do with this now that I’m done with breakfast? Is there a bin I can put it in, or do I have to go back to the cafeteria?”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Um..." is pretymuch the only response hivemind gets.

- - - - - - -

Kol grumbles something about the demon turning into a giant timekeeper (clock) if it came for her, glaring at hivemind at one point.

Talya on the other hand has more questions. "How long have these things been around? And don't say forever because that would mean they predate the means to fight them and with a trigger that common known space should be one big smoking crater by now."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Um..." is pretymuch the only response hivemind gets.
"That's Ok..." Hivemind responded, a little disappointed, but still calm. "I'm going to open the doors now. If you feel the same way again, I want you to tell me as soon as you can. I will be there to help however I can. In the meantime, try to avoid any confrontations. Do you know of anything that makes you happy yet?" He said, opening the door to the food court. It seems he opened it a bit late, as a bunch of hungry sea creature people started filling the area, heading to their favorite restaurants.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," she added, "I'll need to requisition some new guns after the ones I lost yesterday. A couple of streamline Plasma cannons, a Photon Grenade Launcher and a Kaleko M950 with the AP rounds adaptation - long version. Should do it."
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty sighs. "I don't watch American Football. Besides, the Giants are lame, no offense."

He nods. "I need to work on my hand to hand combat, anyways. Guns can be easily taken away...Do you guys have a swordsmith?" He pulls a broken Japanese Katana from his bag. "It broke a while back. I haven't found a place that can fix it."
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt started to shake his head, but stopped when he remembered there was one more thing he had to ask. ”Well actually, I do have one more question.” He said as he held up his plate, which had been cleaned of any food. ”What do I do with this now that I’m done with breakfast? Is there a bin I can put it in, or do I have to go back to the cafeteria?”
Buster wrote:Kol grumbles something about the demon turning into a giant timekeeper (clock) if it came for her, glaring at hivemind at one point.

Talya on the other hand has more questions. "How long have these things been around? And don't say forever because that would mean they predate the means to fight them and with a trigger that common known space should be one big smoking crater by now."
"If you have missing equipment, you will be able to get replacements when we go to the armory to get everyone their equipment. Tatiana, Jolty, during this period you two should come with me to the forge. We'll get your equipment fixed. Kolt, Ulrich, when you leave, just leave the plates on the table. I'll take care of it."

When Talya asked her question, Hivemind of course responded. "They have existed forever. At least, they are as old as sentience itself. However, the means to fight them have existed for exactly that long as well. For every demonic being like Odium, there is an "angelic" counterpart, like Diligitis that balances it. To fight demons, you need two things. You need to protect yourself by abandoning your connection to them, and you need to reinforce your will to oppose them and your ability to attack their connection by establishing one with an angelic aspect." He chuckled as he added "Of course, in the early stages it is possible to simply beat the literal devil out of them. They can't have a strong connection if they are too tired or worn down."

---------------------

"Attention Passengers, we will be starting the jump to Cana in ten minutes."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Jaken said, hopping off the top of Trinity's chair, "I should probably show you these gloves of mine?" He pulled the thin, white, fabric gloves from his pocket and put them on before showing them to Hive.
Hannabelle prepared something that looked a lot like breakfast and took it over to a chair that she lowered herself into, turning the oats in the bowl over with a spoon. "Hive," she said loudly, "how fast did you shut down the media feed from that park yesterday?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Well, now I have another question.” Kolt said, kinda annoyed since, while he was hoping to get to the training soon, his curiosity wouldn’t let him just ignore any questions he had. ”So, I’ve already been trying to abandon any hate I have for the last 10 years, because what’s really the point of such a self destructive emotion, but I’m not sure how I’m supposed to establish a connection with it’s opposite? Do I just focus on all the things I love, or do I have to go on some kind of spiritual journey?”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle prepared something that looked a lot like breakfast and took it over to a chair that she lowered herself into, turning the oats in the bowl over with a spoon. "Hive," she said loudly, "how fast did you shut down the media feed from that park yesterday?"
"Not fast enough. I didn't have any reason to shut down the media feed until after you mentioned your family might be in danger. By then your capture was probably known, but your cooperation was not. We are leaving in only a few minutes. The Beacon is fast when making a jump, and we are making that jump as soon as we can without causing damage to the ship. Assuming nothing slows us, we will get there before your bosses have reason to believe you are cooperating."

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Jaken said, hopping off the top of Trinity's chair, "I should probably show you these gloves of mine?" He pulled the thin, white, fabric gloves from his pocket and put them on before showing them to Hive.
Hivemind inspected the gloves. They looked to be built for climbing, with sturdy claws that looked like they were built to dig into even sturdy metal walls. They were sleek and high tech, made of a durable fabric. However they didn't have any wrist guards, so their use would eventually cause some damage. "These are impressive gloves. When everyone is equipping themselves, you should go with me, Tatiana, and Jolty to the forge to add on some wrist guards for these things."
Legotron123 wrote:”Well, now I have another question.” Kolt said, kinda annoyed since, while he was hoping to get to the training soon, his curiosity wouldn’t let him just ignore any questions he had. ”So, I’ve already been trying to abandon any hate I have for the last 10 years, because what’s really the point of such a self destructive emotion, but I’m not sure how I’m supposed to establish a connection with it’s opposite? Do I just focus on all the things I love, or do I have to go on some kind of spiritual journey?”
"My brother became the avatar of Diligitis through constant contemplation and meditation on the meaning of unconditional love. That is, love for your enemies. Any love or affection will do to strengthen the connection, but learning to desire your enemy's redemption is one of the more powerful ways to establish a connection to Diligitis."

--------------------

"Five minutes until Jump."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hrm," Hannabelle mused, twisting a finger claw through the slightly straggly fur under her jawline. "It's a shame we couldn't have done it faster. Then they might not know I'd been caught. I could convince them I'd escaped with the boy and still had him to hand over. Draw them out." She clicked her tongue. "We cold try it anyhow."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was quiet for a moment, Hivemind’s comment about desiring the redemption of your enemies apparently triggering something in him. ”That.... sounds just like Lila.” He said, his thoughts turning towards the Ward he lost. ”She was always trying to see the better side of people, always trying to talk villains down and convince them to turn themselves in. She actually succeeded on several occasions, since her power let her know what others were feeling, and she was really good at using that to comfort people.” He sighed, a sad look stretched across his face. ”You said that ‘Avatar’ is the term for people who bond with those things? I think Lila would’ve made a pretty good avatar for Diligitus. Now can we please get onto the training? I’m getting really emotional, and I need to take it out on something.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hrm," Hannabelle mused, twisting a finger claw through the slightly straggly fur under her jawline. "It's a shame we couldn't have done it faster. Then they might not know I'd been caught. I could convince them I'd escaped with the boy and still had him to hand over. Draw them out." She clicked her tongue. "We cold try it anyhow."
"No." Hivemind said. "They will ask for proof you can't provide. In addition, if they think you are lying, then they will know you are cooperating with us, and they will execute your family immediately. Having them in the dark leaves open the possibility that you aren't cooperating, which means they would have a reason to keep your family alive to keep things that way. It at least buys us some time."

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt was quiet for a moment, Hivemind’s comment about desiring the redemption of your enemies apparently triggering something in him. ”That.... sounds just like Lila.” He said, his thoughts turning towards the Ward he lost. ”She was always trying to see the better side of people, always trying to talk villains down and convince them to turn themselves in. She actually succeeded on several occasions, since her power let her know what others were feeling, and she was really good at using that to comfort people.” He sighed, a sad look stretched across his face. ”You said that ‘Avatar’ is the term for people who bond with those things? I think Lila would’ve made a pretty good avatar for Diligitus. Now can we please get onto the training? I’m getting really emotional, and I need to take it out on something.”
"Yes, Kolt. We can go to training now." Hivemind said with a sympathetic tone. "Just a second..."

The intercom speakers throughout the ship started counting down. In the depths of the beacon, the Warp Drive fired up, emitting an eerie sound, inaudible to any of the Beacon's passengers. In front of the massive ship, space began to distort and spark before a colossal well of space-time opened up, drawing in residual debris. A small, derelict satellite drifted in and immediately vanished in a burst of light as it was accelerated through the distorted space. The Beacon, following it's orbital path, entered the tunnel before it. To the Beacon and all on it, everything would appear as if it had suddenly shrunk along it's width as the distorted space the Beacon occupied was stretched into space. The ship didn't even need to move or accelerate relative to the space it occupied, as the distortion forced space itself to move faster than light.

The most anyone would feel on the ship was a mild vibration as the ship transitioned into the tunnel. Hannabelle and the residents of the aquatic district would feel nothing at all.

Once the Beacon finally started traveling, Hivemind led the team out of the room and down to the lobby where a few of his bodies were waiting. One of them raised a hand. "Those who wish to visit Randy before getting started, follow me please. We won't be there long, but he's hoping somebody will visit." The second droid raised it's hand. "If you aren't going to see Randy at the Hospital and you have equipment that needs repairs, follow this body." Finally the droid they had followed down there spoke up. "If you want to go straight to equipping and training, then follow this body." It said, waving a hand lightly.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nothing that needs repair," Jenny said, moving towards training as Jaken slotted himself into the Lycan visiting line, "I just need new guns is all."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana scratched her helmet, feeling a little confused by Hivemind's wording, "Uh, even though I probably need the heftiest repairs with my Kinetic Energy holder on top of any other equipment and such, can I still see Randy?"