Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"Sounds good," Hawk replied as they re-entered the room, placing the cases he was carrying on the bed, "Oh, you can place those on the floor, I'll attend to them later."
Hivemind nodded and placed the boxes on the floor. Then the rest of him also placed the rest of the boxes on the floor and walked out. "Should we move on then? We'll head to Steelhaven Street, and I'll introduce you to a few of the new Champions."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"They'd've prob'ly nevv'r bought tha' as real, sir," Sarah explained, "an' I liked th' little thing Conall add'd. 'Elps prove y'were th' real thing."
Mr. C shrugged. "They did say they were in Heaven. The family showing up could help validate that!"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Er, sorry, Mr. C. Ah wasnae ready an' Ah panicked a bit... Ye mean they can see th' others?"
"Of course they can! You can see them, and so can the computer. Once the recording gets back to your grandmother, I believe she would want to see your parents and her granddaughter as well! Don't you?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Accept what?" Aggie asks before answering Dabry's question by initiating the kiss. It's a sweet moment... Until Mr. C butts in.

"Oh, er, *ahem* Sure, there's things Ah'd hae loved tae hae said. Tae late naow though, isn't it?"
Mr. C smiled apologetically. "Sorry, Aggie. Didn't mean to interrupt. But it's not quite too late. Your brothers got here, and they're going back. And they can take anything you wish to say back with them."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What would you do," Saffy asked, "with a boring day? I mean, around here, this is the first big thing to happen in years - I know there's an invasion happened most everywhere else but they didn't even come near here - which I'm thankful for, of course. But, for you, it's another day. I heard you run everything on a giant space city cruiser and I get that the name means there's a lot of you but - I can really talk at ties when I'm nervous as people have said - but what would you do on a day where everyone just, like, slept in for 24 hours or whatever a day is there? Sorry, you probably get asked that every day. Um, to be more original... Is there any place you've not been you want to go? Is that any better?"
Hivemind chuckled. "I'd think that if all ten billion people on my ship slept for a full 24 hours at once, I wouldn't be resting. THAT would be a weird day for me." At the second question, he looked down a bit. "There's nowhere I want to go. Nothing I really want to do or want to possess either. Power plus desire is a dangerous combination that leads to corruption, abuse, and tyranny. To avoid that, and still have the power to help people, I had to effectively get rid of most of my wants. Maybe at some point, I would have had an answer to that question, but now... where I go and what I want is based only on the desire to help people, since that's one of the only desires I have left."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's about a mile that way," the deputy said, not looking into the cave as those rocks were weird and would probably give him a third arm or something. He pointed to the south east and led the way to where it looked as though nothing had happened bar someone sticking a little flag in the ground to mark the spot for future use. "Chief's idea," he said, "in case documentary crews ever needed to find the place for filming." He sniffed the air and crouched to follow the tang of recently shed blood to its source, a wounded little creature some hundred yards distant. It was almost missing a leg as it struggled towards it's hole in the ground, looking like a cross between a Rabbit and a Feline. Overcoming his natural instincts with the opinion that there was a very large Champion who might not appreciate the mercy killing, the Deputy tracked the blood trail back to the rest of the leg. "Reckon that confirms it," he said, indicating the glistening red spike of ice. on the ground.
Gadgeteer likewise had to suppress his instincts when he saw the wounded animal, but doing so caused his stomach to groan loudly. He gripped his gut when it started cramping. Right... forgot dinner... Going to be hungry later. Maybe Hive'll let me hunt, he thought to himself. "The mutant creature's around here somewhere." He said. "Keep your eyes and ears..."

CRACK!

As he was speaking, a large spike of ice flung right at him and hit Gadgeteer between the eyes. The ice shattered and Gadgeteer barely flinched. "Found it." He said, pointing to a tree branch from where the ice spike came from. Sitting on the branch was a small creature, chittering angrily. Gadgeteer pulled out his pistol and fired a shot of amber straight at it.

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hmm," Hannabelle mused, "to be honest it's a little disconcerting. There are places you can't go, of course. Because they've got a termination warrant on you for one reason or another but that's not half as annoying as the places you can go." She leaned against Gear slightly without really knowing she was doing it. "You get treated like a hero in the places you have been before because most of them have people in power who owe their being in power to you and you find out they're just as bad as the one's you executed to put them in power in the first place! So you're just left with the boring, insular, places... like Earth," she finished, grinning slightly.
"Believe me, I know that feeling." Gear said, leaning against Hannabelle as well. "Governments'll hide the bad they and the people they support do and exaggerate the crimes of people who don't have an interest in protecting their interest. They'd rather have a tyrant they control then anyone they don't. Victory feels kind of hollow when ya discover the people ya tried to help're bein' brutalized by the garbage yer bosses put in charge." He shook his head. "That's why I left. Started workin' for the people themselves. Not for rebel armies. Not for governments. Not for politics. For the people. Settled in a town on a colony in the outskirts, and I started usin' my gun to bully the bullies and humble the arrogant. Started getting bounties on me, and I had to keep moving. I started takin' down the guys I put in power, and the price on my head just got bigger. Eventually, I helped counter the first Varanian invasion of Earth, and got a pardon for a lot of that. Joined up with Hivemind when he first founded the Champions, and I've been a champion ever since."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll see if I can put a word in for him with the guy running the shop," Corp offered. "I imagine he has a thousand uses for a ghost who can type. It was nice to meet you properly," he said, actually offering a hand to shake.
"Thank you." Mrs. Nocturl said, shaking the hand. "Now, I should get to funeral planning while my son is still distracted. I hope you have a nice evening, Chief."

-----------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”Very well. I hope you have a wonderful evening.“ Liz said, as she and the others walked outside. Once outside, she looked up to the sky expectantly. ”Have any other Steelhaven passengers requested to see me?” She asked, fully expecting Hivemind to be listening.
A hive droid stepped up from around the corner and confirmed that Hivemind had indeed been listening now that she wasn't in a private residence. "None of the Steelhaven passengers have specifically requested to see you, though I did get a few questioning if I knew how you were coping with things and if you were alright. However, there is someone not from the Steelhaven who it would probably be good to meet, if you were interested. He's a new recruit, likely to be working with you in the coming days, and it might be good to get to know him."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken quickly ordered one of the desserts with strawberry sauce that doesn't look at all like blood' for dessert.
The waiter nodded and went into the kitchen, returning with the dessert and giving it to Jaken.

-----------------------
Buster wrote:the twins find spots far enough to the side that they wont trip over 'themselves' on the way back in, and lie down.
the small controller on the back of each's neck displaying a list of short messages.

Code: Select all

[Shutting down interface...]
[Transmitting logs to Remote Drone operator...]
[Drone offline.]
Back aboard predator, what had previously appeared to be an inanimate entirely silent decoration in the corner of the bridge, uncurls and stretches, letting out a yawn. shaking his limbs a bit as they revert from camouflaged metallic grey back to their natural pink. meanwhile a mass of floating code in a vaguely crab-ish shape condenses.

"I think hive forgets 'remote piloted' means we're not actually in the thing."
"Yeah, why waste the hardw... wait, when did we get company?"

"Huh? oh! Hi!" the giant cephalopod says while waving at the steelhaven duo...
Welsh Halfwit wrote:If it had of been possible, Keeva would have jumped out of her skin at the sudden speech. As a feline, she merely hopped a few feet upwards and twisted around to face them before signing in relief. "Sorry," she said, putting her real hand to her chest, "I didn't see you there!". She looked a little confused at the newcomers. "I...I'm Keeva."
~\Rook/~ wrote:"For real!? That's crazy!! No wonder Hivemind has so many of himself!" Dan exclaimed. "What's the propultion? Is it Ion thrusters or something more powerful? What's the power-load like? It has to be in the Jules or something to power an entire city and a ship of that magnitude.." He added, thinking hard.

Dan looked over to the newcomers after seeing Keeva jump. "Oh, uh, hey there.. I'm Dan." He added flatly after Keeva spoke.
"The population of the ship is approximately ten billion, not including Hivemind. The power load of this ship is measured in PetaWatt Hours, but that is as precise as I can get at the moment. It's not just one city in this ship. There are a lot of different cities called districts here. The Capitol District is just the biggest."
Buster wrote:"Ah, no, that's my fault. Trying to coordinate moving and piloting a remote drone simultaneously is really disorienting, so I took a nap. I probably looked like a rock just sitting there." the cephalopod explained, as the floating mass of code seemed to laugh. "I'm Kobor, the disembodied one is my sister Talya."

"i can answer the engine bit. the schematics didn't seem to have any conventional engines last I looked at em. Apparently someone on this side came up with a variation of the Alcubierre drive that solves the power usage problem. pretty sure it jut uses that for everything." Talya chimed in over hearing the discussion.
"Welcome back." Predator said. "And yes, that is correct. The Beacon accelerates using a principle similar to that employed by an Alcubierre drive. If the Beacon used thrusters, it would be crushed under it's own mass. The Beacon's drive allows it to accelerate every particle of matter within the drive's radius of effect at the same rate. That is why you don't feel it move."

Speaking now to the twins, Predator said, "I've stabilized your physical forms... sort of. Talya, I was able to create a sort of temporary synthetic substitute for the bio-gel that keeps you functional. The downside is that it's a very basic and... not very good copy, not the real thing. Once I upload you, you will have ten minutes before this patch job fails and your body shuts down. I suggest you move quickly. Kobor, since you were less on the verge of death, you have more time. When you are ready, tell me and I will send you back to the physical world.

-----------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana spoke to the man behind the counter first. "Hmm. I suppose a soup and sandwich would be nice." It sounded nice at the moment, if the sounds of pain were any indication. She turned back to Kolt and tilted her head. "I am aware of TV programs, but never really tried 'em out before. Too busy and usually not really available before. Video games I haven't heard of, though. He said you would enjoy talking about your interests, culture, a super squadron thing and that I should introduce you to Telekinetic Frisbee. It's quite fun. I beat Diligitis at it."
Recon had been drinking her soda in order to wash down the soup after she nearly choked on it. Apparently, this was a bad idea as well, since at the mention of Tatiana actually playing with and beating Diligitis at Frisbee of all things, there was another round of coughing, sputtering, and painful liquids shooting out of the nose. "You *cough* you played frisbee with a demigod? Am I the only one who thinks that's both the most incredible and awesome thing ever?"

Meanwhile, the person behind the counter, once his jaw was back in place and no longer dropped, started fixing Tatiana her soup. He handed it to her through the window.
~\Rook/~ wrote:After taking her tray of food from the truck, Traci headed over to Recon just as she spluttered soup out her nose. "Whoa, easy there Recon! The food is supposed to go in your mouth, not out your nose!" She said jokingly as she hurried over and sat beside her. "..But seriously, you okay? That looked, and sounded, like it hurt.." She added, putting a hand on her shoulder.
"Ow..." Recon said, somewhat answering the question. She picked up a napkin and blew her nose, trying to clear out any soup or soda still in there. "Yep. That hurt." She said. "Tasted good. Smelled good. But it smelled less good when it burned my sinuses. You might want to wait a minute on the soup. Ow..."

-----------------------
Buster wrote:"Thats just evil." she points out after hearing about the prank.
"I know, isn't it great?" Nocturl said, grinning. "It was especially good 'cause he was still to groggy from sleep to realize it was me, so he freaked out! It was priceless!" he laughed. "When his brain started to wake up and he realized it was me, he chucked his pillow at me. Of course, it just went through me."
Legotron123 wrote:Lewis gave a silent nod to Corp before heading back inside, walking in on the two discussing pranks. ”Eh, 7/10.” He said, alerting them to his presence. ”The truly great pranks are the ones where the prankee does half the work for you.”
"Oh?" Nocturl said, smirking. "What would you have done? I'm always open to suggestions!"

-----------------------
Deske wrote:"Hmm..." Chris thought as he bit into another tentacle, "That's a tough one. Imagine if you enjoyed recharging. Not because it simply provided you with power or whatever else it does for you, but because each and every time it could be different. Different ports gave you different feelings, different sensations and practically no two were alike, even if they followed the same build schematic. It's not something to look forward to just because you have to do it, but because each time you do it there's a chance it'll be different." He bit off another piece of tentacle and followed it with what passed for a soft drink. "Sometimes you find you have a favorite station because it has just the right frequency, it's just a bit faster, just a bit cleaner. It's just perfect. Or you might find you like another station at other times because it's a little slower, a little dirtier, maybe the 3 phase inverter is just slightly out of phase and that makes it special. You could find a power station in a remote corner of a station that few people use so it's quiet with the background noise of the station itself and that makes it special. You find one that gives you the best feeling most of the time and you try to replicate it, but it's just different, so you give it your own spin. Now it's not just different, it's yours." Chris paused to wipe his mouth with a napkin, "I may have delved into a bit of cooking near the end, but I think I got the gist of it."
MT looked away thoughtfully. Then he turned back to Chris. "I think I understand what you are saying... still, it would be nice to be able to experience the sensation of it to see why organics enjoy it so much. Or why many seem to dislike the kinds of foods that are most beneficial to one's health and survival."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Looking at the flat case on the bed, he thinks for a bit before turning to Hivemind and saying "Lead the way, I'm itching to meet the rest of the squad." As he followed Hivemind, his Other Side asks him "I never seen that box before. What's in it?" Hawks response was a simple "You'll see."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana took her soup with a nod. "Thank you." And walked closer to Kolt and Jenny as she chuckled at Recon's words. "Hah, guess that's true. Must have still been a bit bogged down from what I talked about with him." She turned to Kolt and shrugged. "That's what Digilitis said. Took a plastic disc and threw it back and forth until he missed. Almost broke the thing at the speeds we were throwing at. Was kinda relaxing when it isn't flaming debris or explosives." She hummed at Jenny's suggestions as she cracked her metal jaw to allow it to move again. "Reading might be nice. Just haven't thought to look at subjects... It has been a frantic... what? Four days? Five? I've lost count."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dabry pulled aside as Aggie spoke with the odd Human and licked his lips slightly as Sarah approached. "Ah'd say 'hurt 'er an' I'd kill ya but..."
"Been there; done that," Dabry interjected, unable to stop smiling.
"'Xactly. Looks like th' Cat 'as got the cream."
-------------
"So there IS somewhere you wanna go," Saffy said knowingly, getting an intact shirt from her wardrobe and changing tops as though no one else was there. "Nowhere," she added, poking her head through the hole. "A place that's as real as anywhere and you only get to go there if no-one needs you." She grinned. "Little like this town."
------------
"I think he's a bit annoyed you didn't die or something," the Deputy announced, drawing his own gun to deal with the wounded critter. "It's not gonna survive unless you got a carbonite charge or whatever for it."
-----------
"Thinking of books," Jenny said those around, "I wonder how many Champions ever wrote their memoirs? And how many were told that Autobiographies aren't supposed to be fantasy?"
-----------
Corp, also musing on fantasy, wondered what shape and size this next 'new guy' would be. He hated to think what certain enemies of the Captain - and, almost as importantly, himself - would do if they were here. The arms races on the planets here must have been very different and he decided that he needed to find out what planets from his universe simply... weren't here. Tomorrow, he told himself. "Oh," he said to the Hivebot, "Nocturl is sending out his CV to places. I imagine you have places could use someone who can walk through walls and possess isolated computers? His mother needs the break for planning"
----------
"I wonder if there's lakes here," Keeva said, seemingly at random. "I think I need to sit by a lake for an hour to take all this in," she explained before shaking her head. "Uh, sorry. Ten minutes before you die? That's more important. Sorry. We should do that first. I'll understand things later."
----------
"Only that you gott keep some excitement for the next few months," Cherry said before sneezing. She took Colorado's tail in hand and stroked it.
---------
"Oh, yeah," Sana said, "I almost forgot! Um, doubletap the menu item to order it." She showed him how, which may have seemed odd as it was plainly a thick card menu. "Someone should be by shortly. I can't imagine you tasting regret," she said gallantly.
--------
"Thankew," Jaken said, politely offering June some of his Lemon cheesecake with Strawberry sauce as he finished off the one she'd given him.
--------
"Well it doesn't seem too bad," Hannabelle admitted, "this life of shooting people in the course of good."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well I did say I had something of a solution for that first part. The second part, well, that's mostly because it takes more effort to make good for you food taste as good as not good for you food. I can go to the store and pick up a bag of microwave chicken nuggets that require all of 8 minutes to make. But gods forbid if I have to go and make a bag of leaves taste good."

------

"Honestly it'll probably get pushed to the back of my mind after a couple weeks. Then it'll come back up and I'll be all excited about it. Cycle continues. And then you'll get really big and I'll just be excited every time I see you. Like now, but even more."

------

Denver picked the menu up and looked at the bottom of it. He raised an eyebrow, "But this is like cardboard. You really just tap it?" He gave the cheeseburger an experimental press.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Speaking now to the twins, Predator said, "I've stabilized your physical forms... sort of. Talya, I was able to create a sort of temporary synthetic substitute for the bio-gel that keeps you functional. The downside is that it's a very basic and... not very good copy, not the real thing. Once I upload you, you will have ten minutes before this patch job fails and your body shuts down. I suggest you move quickly. Kobor, since you were less on the verge of death, you have more time. When you are ready, tell me and I will send you back to the physical world.
"i dunno, i personally would consider a cardiac muscle that's too far gone to fix just as much of a ticking clock... whatever." Kobor comments rolling multiple pairs of eyes, "Probably best to drop us as close to the doors as you can. everything should be ready to go inside."
"Considering the damage i took, just being able to boot up is a miracle. thanks." Talya answered nodding. "and sorry for having to use you as an improvised ambulance."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I wonder if there's lakes here," Keeva said, seemingly at random. "I think I need to sit by a lake for an hour to take all this in," she explained before shaking her head. "Uh, sorry. Ten minutes before you die? That's more important. Sorry. We should do that first. I'll understand things later."
"The host bodies, not us directly, and the clock doesn't start ticking till we leave predator thanks to using him as life support. I've got enough stored protein to last a few hours after that, and kobors host is organic so he can feed on whats left for days, I'd just... be paralyzed and sensory deprived... the entire time..." Talya corrects, her tone shifting and slowing part way through as if she's only just realized how much that's going to suck.

-----------------------
CyberDragon wrote:"I know, isn't it great?" Nocturl said, grinning. "It was especially good 'cause he was still to groggy from sleep to realize it was me, so he freaked out! It was priceless!" he laughed. "When his brain started to wake up and he realized it was me, he chucked his pillow at me. Of course, it just went through me."
Ruby raises an eyebrow at that but doesn't have anything to say. how do you explain to a ghost that it might be too soon for ghost themed pranks?
Legotron123 wrote:Lewis gave a silent nod to Corp before heading back inside, walking in on the two discussing pranks. ”Eh, 7/10.” He said, alerting them to his presence. ”The truly great pranks are the ones where the prankee does half the work for you.”
CyberDragon wrote:"Oh?" Nocturl said, smirking. "What would you have done? I'm always open to suggestions!"
"Sir?" she asks seeming equally curious about lewis' take on this.

-----------------------

June does take a small bite out of it, but she leaves most of it for jaken, as she still has plenty to try. returning her attention to desert number 12, it's not long before she's complaining her head feels cold and hurts. not surprising since those last three contained ice cream and took her all of 30 seconds to finish off...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt, true to Diligitus’ word, did seem rather interested in telekinetic frisbee. ”Sounds kinda fun. I’m guessing the point is to distract the other person and make them miss the disk?” He asked, before getting distracted by Jenny’s question. ”I’m not sure how common it is amongst the Champions, but a lot of Capes back on Concertia write memoirs when they retire. One particularly popular one is “No Scars Remain” by Triumvirate member Aegis, though that one’s a little weird. Aegis’ power makes him immortal, so his autobiography is technically ongoing, with a new installment coming out every ten years. But there’s so much interesting stuff in them!! He’s immune to basically anything that could cause any sort of harm, and it’s incredibly clear from his writing that’s had an effect on how he views things! He’s incredibly callous about so many dangerous things because he KNOWS they can’t hurt him, and that’s just fascinating to read!! And even ignoring all that, he’s still a member of the Triumvirate, so he’s lived through the biggest events of the last hundred and fifty years!! There’s so much amazing stuff we never knew until he got permission to declassify them through his books, like the full details behind the Kiryu-Kai Incident, or where the Fossil King got his skeletons, or.... oh.” He paused as he realized something, turning to look at Tatania. ”I’m sorry. We were talking, and I got distracted.” He said apologetically, unintentionally proving the other thing Diligitus said about him loving to talk about the things he liked.

Liz thought for a moment about how she wanted to respond to the people inquiring about her, eventually coming up with a satisfactory response. ”Tell them that while there was some stress at first, everything has worked out so far, and I appreciate their concern. Now then, who is this new recruit you want me to meet? I’m guessing he’s not the one who interrupted our dinner earlier?”

”Well the first thing you should know is that if you aren’t good at manipulating your brother, the whole thing falls apart.” Lewis said, a mischievous smile on his face as he took a seat in a nearby recliner. ”Even if you are good at that, this is a prank you should only do if he’s screwed up ROYALLY, otherwise it’s rather cruel. Assuming he deserves it though, you start by getting incredibly, almost murderously mad and letting him know exactly how badly he’s messed up. Then you say that due to your new form, you’re limited in what you can do to him, but by a certain date, you WILL enact your revenge. The date is basically your way of telling yourself when the prank is over, plus a way to help slowly make your brother more and more paranoid. I’d recommend making the date no more than a week away, so as to avoid giving him too much time to realize what’s really happening. Then you gotta “help” your brother indulge his paranoid side until the time runs out. Once you’ve leveled a threat like that against him, he’s going to do everything he can to avoid your revenge. That’s why it’s important you make everything seem like it’s part of your revenge. Give him a knowing smile while you help your mother make dinner, make a comment about having a good nights sleep as he’s heading to bed, randomly decide to go into his room for a minute while he’s busy with something else, generally make him paranoid about every single thing you say or do. If everything goes well, he’ll be so busy going crazy trying to avoid your “scheme,” he won’t notice you haven’t actually done anything. Or at least, he won’t notice until you finally reveal it once the date arrives.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled and shook her head. "No problem Kolt. That all sounded interesting." Her jaw flopped open and a purple 'tongue' tentatively began to try out the soup. "I doubt anyone from the Rim has ever made an autobiography. Either died before they could or would die if they did, especially among the Nephilim or the Corporations. Though I suppose Lazarus could if he wanted to, but I'm not sure I wanna know what he's seen." It was a moment before Tatiana commented on something Kolt said at the start. "Oh, and no, Digilitis and I just chatted as we threw the disc faster and faster, but I game of taunting distraction and speed could fit into it nicely."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So there IS somewhere you wanna go," Saffy said knowingly, getting an intact shirt from her wardrobe and changing tops as though no one else was there. "Nowhere," she added, poking her head through the hole. "A place that's as real as anywhere and you only get to go there if no-one needs you." She grinned. "Little like this town."
Hivemind shook his head. "Even me being here has a purpose." He said. "I didn't show up to this town randomly, or because I wanted to be somewhere I wasn't needed. I had a larger goal in mind. This town is more significant than you think."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think he's a bit annoyed you didn't die or something," the Deputy announced, drawing his own gun to deal with the wounded critter. "It's not gonna survive unless you got a carbonite charge or whatever for it."
Gadgeteer thought for a moment, then sighed. "As much as I'd like to have some dinner... Hivemind would no doubt want to rehabilitate it." He reached up and grabbed the frozen rodent from the tree branch. "We are his arms. I follow his will." Gadgeteer pulled what looked like a grenade out of his backpack and rolled it into the injured animal's den. The grenade detonated with a muffled Bamphff! Gadgeteer dug through the dirt, and uncovered a den-shaped block of amber with the injured animal sealed inside.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp, also musing on fantasy, wondered what shape and size this next 'new guy' would be. He hated to think what certain enemies of the Captain - and, almost as importantly, himself - would do if they were here. The arms races on the planets here must have been very different and he decided that he needed to find out what planets from his universe simply... weren't here. Tomorrow, he told himself. "Oh," he said to the Hivebot, "Nocturl is sending out his CV to places. I imagine you have places could use someone who can walk through walls and possess isolated computers? His mother needs the break for planning"
"Those are indeed useful skills, but I will have to speak with him more before I can decide if I personally have a position for him." Hivemind said. "I'm sure I can help him though. If I don't have a position, I'm sure someone will."
Legotron123 wrote:Liz thought for a moment about how she wanted to respond to the people inquiring about her, eventually coming up with a satisfactory response. ”Tell them that while there was some stress at first, everything has worked out so far, and I appreciate their concern. Now then, who is this new recruit you want me to meet? I’m guessing he’s not the one who interrupted our dinner earlier?”
Hivemind nodded. "Yeah, sorry. He joined shortly after that. I'm trying to get him acquainted with the people he's going to be working with. With threats apparently escalating, all champions are going to likely be working closely together, even more so than before. Most Champions are still on the planet surface, so he can't meet them until tomorrow."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I wonder if there's lakes here," Keeva said, seemingly at random. "I think I need to sit by a lake for an hour to take all this in," she explained before shaking her head. "Uh, sorry. Ten minutes before you die? That's more important. Sorry. We should do that first. I'll understand things later."
"Lakes, streams, rivers, you can find them on this ship. If you really wanted, you could go to the Oceanic District and relax on the beach there." Predator stated.
Buster wrote:"i dunno, i personally would consider a cardiac muscle that's too far gone to fix just as much of a ticking clock... whatever." Kobor comments rolling multiple pairs of eyes, "Probably best to drop us as close to the doors as you can. everything should be ready to go inside."
"Considering the damage i took, just being able to boot up is a miracle. thanks." Talya answered nodding. "and sorry for having to use you as an improvised ambulance."
"Your cardiovascular system was in such a state that I would estimate it had about an hour before your host went into total cardiac arrest. I managed to bump that up to three, but I don't think I need to say you should switch bodies before the one you're in fails completely." Predator said. "It is a ticking clock, as you said, but much longer than Talya's ten minutes."

To Talya, Predator responded, "Don't worry about it. This is what I was built for." The giant droid climbed down the side of the building he was latched onto and started hovering above the street. He glided over towards the genelab front doors, still cloaked. "I'm going to let you out now. Be prepared, careful, and quick." He opened his jaws and started uploading the twins back into the physical world.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, yeah," Sana said, "I almost forgot! Um, doubletap the menu item to order it." She showed him how, which may have seemed odd as it was plainly a thick card menu. "Someone should be by shortly. I can't imagine you tasting regret," she said gallantly.
Deske wrote:Denver picked the menu up and looked at the bottom of it. He raised an eyebrow, "But this is like cardboard. You really just tap it?" He gave the cheeseburger an experimental press.
When Denver tapped the screen the first time, the image on the apparently cardboard menu rippled like water that had been disturbed by a thrown stone. The image of the hamburger ballooned up, and text bubbles with dietary information and a comprehensive list of ingredients appeared next to it.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well it doesn't seem too bad," Hannabelle admitted, "this life of shooting people in the course of good."
"Hmm..." Gear hummed in response, honestly enjoying the date so far. He liked Hannabelle, a lot. He felt happy having her there with him. There wasn't much he could feel anymore. Much of that died with age and trauma. But he could feel her leaning against him. He could feel the closeness, and he was content. He hadn't ever had someone who really knew what he had been through, or shared interests with. "I suppose it has it's moments." He said, giving her arm a gentle squeeze. "Ya help a lot more people, an' meet a lot'a great people, lendin' yer gun to the Champions than ya do as an assassin. I know I've met great people in this line'a work." He turned his head to look at Hannabelle and smiled surprisingly warmly for someone with only half a face. "Some of 'em, rather recently."

------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Looking at the flat case on the bed, he thinks for a bit before turning to Hivemind and saying "Lead the way, I'm itching to meet the rest of the squad." As he followed Hivemind, his Other Side asks him "I never seen that box before. What's in it?" Hawks response was a simple "You'll see."
"Not really 'the rest of the squad' so much as it is a small part of it." Hivemind said. "And... this is a bit embarrassing, but I don't know for sure if they are willing to meet. I'm asking now. Fact is, you've met them in a way. They were the group you first started asking about the Champions."

------------------------
Deske wrote:"Well I did say I had something of a solution for that first part. The second part, well, that's mostly because it takes more effort to make good for you food taste as good as not good for you food. I can go to the store and pick up a bag of microwave chicken nuggets that require all of 8 minutes to make. But gods forbid if I have to go and make a bag of leaves taste good."
"Interesting." MT said. "I believe I would like to try that solution you mentioned whenever we get the chance. In the meantime, what do those tentacles taste like? Is it similar to something, or could you describe it in base flavor terms, such as sweet, sour, salty, that kind of thing? I am merely curious."

------------------------
Buster wrote:Ruby raises an eyebrow at that but doesn't have anything to say. how do you explain to a ghost that it might be too soon for ghost themed pranks?
Nocturl saw Ruby's expression, and took a guess at what she was thinking. "Ah, don't worry about it. I don't want people mourning me while I'm still here. Them being annoyed by me, fine. Them laughing with me, great. Them feeling sorry for me, or sad about what happened to me, not on my life. Or death. Afterlife?"
Legotron123 wrote:”Well the first thing you should know is that if you aren’t good at manipulating your brother, the whole thing falls apart.” Lewis said, a mischievous smile on his face as he took a seat in a nearby recliner. ”Even if you are good at that, this is a prank you should only do if he’s screwed up ROYALLY, otherwise it’s rather cruel. Assuming he deserves it though, you start by getting incredibly, almost murderously mad and letting him know exactly how badly he’s messed up. Then you say that due to your new form, you’re limited in what you can do to him, but by a certain date, you WILL enact your revenge. The date is basically your way of telling yourself when the prank is over, plus a way to help slowly make your brother more and more paranoid. I’d recommend making the date no more than a week away, so as to avoid giving him too much time to realize what’s really happening. Then you gotta “help” your brother indulge his paranoid side until the time runs out. Once you’ve leveled a threat like that against him, he’s going to do everything he can to avoid your revenge. That’s why it’s important you make everything seem like it’s part of your revenge. Give him a knowing smile while you help your mother make dinner, make a comment about having a good nights sleep as he’s heading to bed, randomly decide to go into his room for a minute while he’s busy with something else, generally make him paranoid about every single thing you say or do. If everything goes well, he’ll be so busy going crazy trying to avoid your “scheme,” he won’t notice you haven’t actually done anything. Or at least, he won’t notice until you finally reveal it once the date arrives.”
This appeared to get the opposite reaction from Nocturl, who was looking at Lewis with his cold, dead, unamused eyes. "Clearly we have different ideas of what constitutes a good prank. It's no fun if you're the only one laughing." the ghost said. "Yeah, my prank didn't mess with my brother on a deep psychological level, but the next morning we were both laughing about it. I don't imagine the recipient of the prank you suggest laughing about it later. It's too drawn out, and too paranoia inducing. In other words, too unpleasant of an experience over too great of a time for the 'victim' to ever find amusement from, even after it's over."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Those guys at that diner, I believe?" Hawk replied, "Well how about that. Truth be told, I don't think I made a good impression on them myself." He then added to be funny, "Then again, they could have just been jealous of my outfit! Not everyday you see this handsome haha!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, okay then. Lets dae it then!"
"Sae... Are we startin' again? Dae we need tae dae oor bit again?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Saffy cocked her head slightly. "Do most people just say 'thank you'," she asked, "or try and talk to you because we assume most people just say 'thank you' and we don't want to be like 'most people'?"
--------------
The Deputy holstered his weapon. There wouldn't have been any dignity in the kill of a wounded critter anyhow. He hoped he could get some less-than-fast food on the way into town from the Motel later. He pointed to a rather large hill close by as 'The Twm' and tried to work out where the cave might be. He said he figured it had to be one of the lower caves as vegetation and grasses thinned out the further up you went and Saffy had fallen in. The hole must have been covered up by grasses and bushes.
------------
"You'll have to loan me the books at some point, Kolt," Jenny remarked, "I bet you've got the set.
Anyhow, Tatiana, whatever you decide to try, we'll do what we can to help. Want to start with a group movie?
"
-----------
"I think he'd appreciate that. Well," Corp said, with something approaching sincerity, "I'm up for meeting a pain in the rear. Last one we met was Vanderbilt and he seems to be turning out OK."
-----------
"I... really have no idea what to say to that," Keeva told the twins honestly. "other than I once needed a miracle save. I got it. So there's always hope, yeah?"
-----------
"Y'know," Hannabelle said lazily, "I got tricked into seeing one of those phoney future tellers once. Cubsitting Golta and he so wanted to go in to get his pads read. She said he'd be remarkable and I'd end up with weird friends. Now he's got some power, according to the Hive and I'm on a team with a giant, a digitigrade, a mobile suit, a colony creature, a Rodent and two Humans. I regret the tip I gave her now. 'Get a new 8-ball'."
-----------
Jaken looked up as he finished off his dessert. "Not good to eat too fast," he said, before advising June to try a little water
-----------
"Ah," Sana announced, "It's Smartycard 3. New version. It knows the table it's at so a double-tap just orders it." She double-tapped her burger without reading the ingredients.
-----------
"Well, I'll have to be interesting," Cherry said before lifting Colorado's tail up so she could kiss it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

june looks at jaken oddly, before commenting "the water here tastes funny" and gestures to the currently empty pitcher she had earlier upended a salt shaker into before finding it tolerable.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, okay then. Lets dae it then!"
"Nah, not unless you've got something to add." The Hobomancer said, starting up the computer camera. "No tricks here. You're just recording something like you normally would. Don't forget to let your parents say hello. they are your grandmother's child and child in law, after all. I'm sure she would want to hear from them too."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I do actually have the collection in my room back on the ship if you want to read it.” Kolt said, excited that Jenny was interested in experiencing what he liked, before turning back to Tatiana. ”Yeah, we’re trying to find the owner so we can see if he’s okay with us projecting some movies in whatever room has the biggest wall. If you wanna come with us we’d be glad to have you!”

Liz gave a grunt of mild dissatisfaction. ”While I’m not exactly enthusiastic about this, I understand that the unusual nature of our enemy means it’s rather necessary. Still, if we’re going to work with him, it’d nice to know more about him. What’s his deal? Why’d he decide to join the Champions?”

While Lewis tried to act aloof as always, it was clear that Nocturl’s reaction had frustrated him somewhat. ”Yeah, probably would be going to far. I don’t have a lot of experience with pranks, so I’m probably not very good at them.” He said, a subtle tone of resignation creeping in towards the end.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

ruby is just staring at lewis with her mouth agape and a rather disturbed expression on her face. "i take it back, you're not evil, he is."

- - - - -

as soon as kobor is materialized, the twins are headed inside, before ejecting and stripping the maintenance hatch off of talya's computer core as quickly as he can. Not entirely sure if she or preadator was the one that loosened the thumbscrews for him ahead of time,but not questioning it.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken looked confused for a moment before it dawned. "Oh, right, no salic... white stuff," He took his own glass and poured some salt into it before stirring with a finger and pushing it across to June. "There ya go."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana's eye lights flashed on, happily complimenting her smile. "Aw, I'd be glad to go! Though, it's not like I got much to do around here anyway, 'cause, you know, lack of hobbies. I really should hang out with the team more anyway, so, ultimate win!" She slurped more of the soup and appeared to shiver, "This is good soup."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado leaned back and enjoyed the little electric shock that he felt whenever Cherry kissed him, "But, you're already interesting. We're gonna have a bunch of kids and they're all going to be just as interesting and successful as their mother."

------

"Smartycard 3... This is certainly one way to go about preserving the feeling of a diner. We've mostly replaced stuff with holograms in my universe."

------

"Hmm...They're slightly salty and crunchy on the outside. Chewy on the inside and the flavor is... It's kind of like salty, but it doesn't have the same bite to it. Kind of like sea salt, but maybe with a hint of metallic tang? It's an odd flavor if I'm gonna be honest here."
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:
furrygamer793 wrote:"Sounds big, and strong." Brad said, then, growing just an inch, he added with a grin, "But easy." Ken eventually started barking, and Brad bent down, petting Ken, saying "Hey, Kenny boy, you hungry?"
Eira lifted an eyebrow, then shrugged. "Your funeral." she said before giving Ken a couple more ear scratches.

The Lycan frowned. "Overconfidence will lead you to an early grave in this business. Never assume your enemy will be easy or weak, especially if all you know is a name."
"Fun, that kind of work is my favorite." Brad said, Ken looked at Brad as if to say 'Feed me or I will turn into an air horn' "I better go get Ken some food, so unless you still need me I'm going."

~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:
furrygamer793 wrote:"That's cool!" Nat said. Looking around at the restaurant, he noticed just how many different creatures there were, he saw a human talking to a friend through a Holowatch (Just a smart watch with a holographic screen) "How many planets have you been to?" Nat asked
"A few hundred. Getting close to a thousand. We do some degree of exploration as well as responding to distress signals, but usually the Beacon sticks on it's trade routes. We deviate from that route in emergency situations or to establish new branches on the trade route." Hivemind explained.
"That's a lot, anyways, I'm getting kind of tired, could you show me where the free housing is?"
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, okay then. Lets dae it then!"
"Nah, not unless you've got something to add." The Hobomancer said, starting up the computer camera. "No tricks here. You're just recording something like you normally would. Don't forget to let your parents say hello. they are your grandmother's child and child in law, after all. I'm sure she would want to hear from them too."
"Okay, then. *ahem* Hi, everyone, it's me, Aggie..." With a small wag, the young dog delivers her messages and encouragements to friends and family and then stands aside so her parents can take the spotlight.

The older dogs deliver somewhat more stoic but equally heartfelt messages to their loved ones before signing off.

"Haow was tha', Mister C?" Jim asks, sticking his pipe back in his mouth.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"Those guys at that diner, I believe?" Hawk replied, "Well how about that. Truth be told, I don't think I made a good impression on them myself." He then added to be funny, "Then again, they could have just been jealous of my outfit! Not everyday you see this handsome haha!"
"Right..." Hivemind said, not really considering this situation to be particularly funny. "We should get going now. Follow me." Hivemind gestured for Hawk to follow him and walked out towards the nearest portal door. "Remember to be on your best behavior. These teammates are used to structured military hierarchies, and you want them to like you enough to work well as a team."

-------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Saffy cocked her head slightly. "Do most people just say 'thank you'," she asked, "or try and talk to you because we assume most people just say 'thank you' and we don't want to be like 'most people'?"
"Depends on the person." Hivemind said. "Also depends on the situation. Some say thank you directly, some indirectly. Was there anything else you needed?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:The Deputy holstered his weapon. There wouldn't have been any dignity in the kill of a wounded critter anyhow. He hoped he could get some less-than-fast food on the way into town from the Motel later. He pointed to a rather large hill close by as 'The Twm' and tried to work out where the cave might be. He said he figured it had to be one of the lower caves as vegetation and grasses thinned out the further up you went and Saffy had fallen in. The hole must have been covered up by grasses and bushes.
Gadgeteer flipped a pair of goggles down over his eyes and started scanning the hill. "Seems you're right." He said, stowing the two ambered critters away in his bag. "There's a large interconnected cave system under that hill. According to the scans, there should be a sinkhole nearby that will enable access." Using the HUD on his goggles to guide him, he started walking towards the sinkhole without saying another word. It was about half a kilometer away.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think he'd appreciate that. Well," Corp said, with something approaching sincerity, "I'm up for meeting a pain in the rear. Last one we met was Vanderbilt and he seems to be turning out OK."
Legotron123 wrote:Liz gave a grunt of mild dissatisfaction. ”While I’m not exactly enthusiastic about this, I understand that the unusual nature of our enemy means it’s rather necessary. Still, if we’re going to work with him, it’d nice to know more about him. What’s his deal? Why’d he decide to join the Champions?”
"You should ask him that yourself." Hivemind said. "He's going to be here in a couple minutes. Near as I can tell, he's an ex-bounty hunter looking for a more noble career change."

Buster wrote:as soon as kobor is materialized, the twins are headed inside, before ejecting and stripping the maintenance hatch off of talya's computer core as quickly as he can. Not entirely sure if she or preadator was the one that loosened the thumbscrews for him ahead of time,but not questioning it.
Hivemind quickly began the process of carefully removing Talya from the shell using a specialized device, and moving her core over to the new host. The arm of the device reached in and extracted the roughly grapefruit sized ball of translucent blue putty that was Talya's colony core. Another device opened the insectoid's mouth, and the arm inserted the core inside.

"These hosts don't have immune systems or fully functional brains beyond what is needed to exist, so the two of you should experience minimal resistance." Hivemind told Kobor.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I... really have no idea what to say to that," Keeva told the twins honestly. "other than I once needed a miracle save. I got it. So there's always hope, yeah?"
Now that the twins had been uploaded, Predator was free to go wherever he or his passengers felt. He addressed Dan and Keeva. "Would the two of you like to see the outside of the ship? I am capable of space flight, and authorized to conduct EVA while we're in a stable orbit."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Y'know," Hannabelle said lazily, "I got tricked into seeing one of those phoney future tellers once. Cubsitting Golta and he so wanted to go in to get his pads read. She said he'd be remarkable and I'd end up with weird friends. Now he's got some power, according to the Hive and I'm on a team with a giant, a digitigrade, a mobile suit, a colony creature, a Rodent and two Humans. I regret the tip I gave her now. 'Get a new 8-ball'."
"Not to mention yer on a date with a human cyborg." Gear replied. "Sounds like the fortune teller wasn't as phoney as she seemed." His expression was one of relaxation as the movie entered the midpoint. "Would ya like to order somethin'? It's a dine-in theater and I did promise ya dinner." Gear suggested.

Legotron123 wrote:”I do actually have the collection in my room back on the ship if you want to read it.” Kolt said, excited that Jenny was interested in experiencing what he liked, before turning back to Tatiana. ”Yeah, we’re trying to find the owner so we can see if he’s okay with us projecting some movies in whatever room has the biggest wall. If you wanna come with us we’d be glad to have you!”
Recon was sitting next to Tatiana and Traci, listening to Kolt. "What do you think, Traci? Want to watch a movie if we can?" she asked her speedy friend.

Buster wrote:ruby is just staring at lewis with her mouth agape and a rather disturbed expression on her face. "i take it back, you're not evil, he is."
Legotron123 wrote:While Lewis tried to act aloof as always, it was clear that Nocturl’s reaction had frustrated him somewhat. ”Yeah, probably would be going to far. I don’t have a lot of experience with pranks, so I’m probably not very good at them.” He said, a subtle tone of resignation creeping in towards the end.
"Anyway..." Nocturl said, moving on and hoping to move the subject away from mean jokes... "Enough about my pranks. Let's see how we can prank- I mean help you." Nocturl said, grinning at Ruby. The grin was brief, though, as he took on a more neutral expression. "Have you tried sleep medicine yet?"

Deske wrote:"Hmm...They're slightly salty and crunchy on the outside. Chewy on the inside and the flavor is... It's kind of like salty, but it doesn't have the same bite to it. Kind of like sea salt, but maybe with a hint of metallic tang? It's an odd flavor if I'm gonna be honest here."
"Metallic? You eat metal? Should I be worried?" MT joked in response, thinking of nothing else to say at the moment.

furrygamer793 wrote:"Fun, that kind of work is my favorite." Brad said, Ken looked at Brad as if to say 'Feed me or I will turn into an air horn' "I better go get Ken some food, so unless you still need me I'm going."
"Very well." The Lycan said. "We'll leave you to that then."

"Do you need help finding a pet store where you can get some food for him?" Hivemind offered.

furrygamer793 wrote:"That's a lot, anyways, I'm getting kind of tired, could you show me where the free housing is?"
"I can do that. But it depends on if you want a starter house or an apartment. Both will give you what you need, and both are free, but it will take longer to get a starter house ready for you." Hivemind said.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay, then. *ahem* Hi, everyone, it's me, Aggie..." With a small wag, the young dog delivers her messages and encouragements to friends and family and then stands aside so her parents can take the spotlight.

The older dogs deliver somewhat more stoic but equally heartfelt messages to their loved ones before signing off.

"Haow was tha', Mister C?" Jim asks, sticking his pipe back in his mouth.
"I think..." Mr. C said, a big friendly smile on his face. "That a lot of people are going to be very happy to hear from all of you again."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk nodded and followed Hivemind through the portal. "Remember, best behavior....I don't need to get off on the wrong foot here. We're in enough hot water as it is," Hawk thought to the Other Side, who in turn responded "I already know. It's you I'm worried about, Hawk. I know how to control myself. You need to better learn how."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I suppose it would be an idea," Hannabelle assented, glancing at Gear as though just making sure he was really OK with the food idea. "I could certainly go for a very rare steak."
------------------
Jaken, on the other paw, was just finishing up his dessert and resisting the impulse to pick up the bowl and lick it clean.
------------------
"Did he try 'sewage farmer'," Corp asked, seemingly not joking. He wasn't a fan of those who killed for money rather than duty, country, planet, honour and other military things. "Never mind, his past is not his future."
------------------
"Not really 'needed'," Saffy agreed, "but... if these 'bots can do holograms, is there a chance you could show me what the real you looks like?" She put her paws together and did her best 'innocent' look. "It's not like anyone would believe me if I told them."
------------------
The deputy kept pace with Gadgeteer and updated Messalca on the rock situation (but not the Saffy one as no way was HE opening that can of preybait). He chose to stay behind the large Champion as he didn't want to find the sinkhole first.
------------------
"My ears are burning," the adult Celican said, trotting up close to Kolt and the others. "I gather there's something you want to do?"
-----------------
"Nothing like seeing the scale," Keeva said happily, hopping into the seat next to Dan and taking his nearest paw. "Wanna go where no-one from our stars have been before, Dan?"
-----------------
Dabry crossed to put a handpaw on Aggie's arm. "I know you must miss them a lot, Aggie," he said quietly before mounting something of a smile, "but we're evidence that you'll see them again, yeah?"
"The Cat is smooth," Sarah muttered to herself, "and kinda right." She crossed over to the group. "Summun said summat 'bout a tour," she asked.
----------------
"Well, let's start with one," Cherry said, "and I think their Dad'll have a big part in their brilliance." She grinned again. "Reckon we're too late to get their prospective names down for Beacon Tech? Or the Lunarian colleges back home?"
---------------
"Never had much time for holograms," Sana said, before getting a glint in her eye and the curl of a smile on her thin lipped muzzle. "Too showy and lacking in substance."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind quickly began the process of carefully removing Talya from the shell using a specialized device, and moving her core over to the new host. The arm of the device reached in and extracted the roughly grapefruit sized ball of translucent blue putty that was Talya's colony core. Another device opened the insectoid's mouth, and the arm inserted the core inside.

"These hosts don't have immune systems or fully functional brains beyond what is needed to exist, so the two of you should experience minimal resistance." Hivemind told Kobor.
"Meaning no motor skills. So, Trading the riskier parts of infestation, for needing to learn how that body moves... I suppose I can deal with that." Kobor comments once talya's been properly implanted. shuffling back over to the shell, and reaching inside to retrieve Talya's portable nanofab, unhooking it from the cocpit superstructure.

"There we go, Making new shells would be a pain without this thing." He comments, carefully setting it aside, deciding to elaborate to forestall questions. "And no, they're not just fancy exoskeletons. We wear them because they're a self contained easily sterilized environment."

Heading over to the new host prepared for him kobor turns and looks at the hive drone, "Um im told this next part is unpleasant to watch... You may not want to be here for this"

((Also because i literally can't deasribe it for you. My best attempt at a toned down version wasnt toned down enough. The process is messy.))

Kol has returned, and walks up to kolt and jenny wearing the mesh underlayer from her suit which has a visible layer of frost on it. she also has a pair of 16 inch ivory daggers on her hips that she didn't have before. they appear to be carved from what looks like tooth enamel (that predator would probably recognize the length and surface curvature of if he were here) and have a depiction of the battle against big 'n scaly etched in relief into each blade's fuller. "you know the rooms have this little cold box in the corner with a little door and tiny cans of drink in it? really good for making the soft armor a comfy temperature... So what's been going on out here?"

Legotron123 wrote:While Lewis tried to act aloof as always, it was clear that Nocturl’s reaction had frustrated him somewhat. ”Yeah, probably would be going to far. I don’t have a lot of experience with pranks, so I’m probably not very good at them.” He said, a subtle tone of resignation creeping in towards the end.
CyberDragon wrote:"Anyway..." Nocturl said, moving on and hoping to move the subject away from mean jokes... "Enough about my pranks. Let's see how we can prank- I mean help you." Nocturl said, grinning at Ruby. The grin was brief, though, as he took on a more neutral expression. "Have you tried sleep medicine yet?"
"I.. uh... try to avoid medicines unless I have no other choice. It's a Religious thing, you familiar with 'the way of the mountain path'?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I dunno about Beacon Tech. Maybe a little too early, come to think of it, since we don't have names picked out yet." He picked his head up off the top of Seena's and looked at her, "Do we even have to worry about paying for school here?"

------

"Ahh well, I kinda grew- Wait." Denver squinted at Sana, a small of not-so-well-hid laughter pushed itself to the surface of his muzzle, "That was sneaky. That was really sneaky."

------

"Oh yeah sure. Iron's pretty tasty, sometimes I like a bit of oxidation on my meal so that comes in handy. Shaved aluminum really makes dishes pop and it doesn't taste half bad either. Tungsten's a bit tough though," Chris said back, jokingly sticking his tongue out at the metallic dragon.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"No, I'm good, I have some in my apartment." Brad replied before he left the room with Ken, walking back to his apartment

~~~~~~~~~

"I think a starter house would be nice, never found apartments very homey, especially because they made the labs back in the second Zevian science place I was at look like apartments, thought it would make the labs more comfortable for us, but it just made it so I would be less comfortable in apartments." Nat said. "Not to mention there isn't enough running space in an apartment."
Rp characters
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt turned to address the owner of the hotel, the standard “I need this person to like me” smile he learned in PR class on his face. ”Me and my friends were, ooo Kol, love the etchings, um, we were wondering if you happened to have a room with a large wall we could project some films onto.”

Liz didn’t have nearly the same disdain for mercenaries as Corp did, so she seemed rather nonplussed about her new teammate being one. ”As long as he understands the how to use restraint and follow orders, I think we should be fine.” She said, glancing at a few different options for shapeshifter clothing she had pulled up on her tablet.

”Well, that makes things awkward.” Lewis said, as he too occasionally glanced at his tablet. ”The whole reason I’m here is to help escort you to a medical station, and if you don’t plan on going to one, then I don’t really have a reason to be here aside from telling bad D&D jokes.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Ruby sighed in stereo at that, the other her currently sitting down nearby. "as long as whoever's there understands i need answers, not pills. the whole reason i came here was hoping he knew how to sleep as a ghost." she states, gesturing at the other lieutenant before realizing how that came out and who she's talking to, quickly adding "Sorry, sir" to both of them.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aye. Ah just wish we cuid hear th' replies." Jim answers.

"Did ye want tae say anythin' tae th' people back hame tae, Sarah?" Conall signs.

"Sae, Sarah. Ah remember ye said once ye'd believe us aboot th' mansion when ye saw it. Dae ye believe it naow or will ye need tha' tour first?" Cailean grins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nothing I really need to say to anyone," Sarah signed, "an' nae need. Ah'll tell 'em when we's back." She turned to Cailean. "Ok, Ok, I believe you. Let's go look it over anyhow, eh?"
"Mind if I say something," Dabry asked, saying his family address aloud as he walked over to Aggie's side, asking whoever to take a recording to them. "Hi mum," he said, waving sheepishly. "Hi, dad. I know you're shocked by this so pause it and wake mum back up... That's better. Um," he chuckled, "reports of my death weren't exaggerated in the slightest, I'm afraid but... I'm alright. I actually made it up to Heaven." He gestured to Aggie. "I even got a beautiful girlfriend called Aggie.... Wake Dad back up, Mum; smelling salts still in the kitchen cabinet? It's all peace up here as you'll find out. But not too soon, yeah? You saved a lot of money to put me into that course that I never got to do and I don't want you have have failed to spend every penny of that on yourselves, yeah? Donate what you want from your money but, from mine? Holidays and electronics all the way please? Have fun. And I love you both."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I suppose it would be an idea," Hannabelle assented, glancing at Gear as though just making sure he was really OK with the food idea. "I could certainly go for a very rare steak."
"Then a very rare steak ya'll have!" Gear said. He flipped up a sort of screen on the arm of the chair and started picking out the order from some of the deeper parts of the menu. He searched through the items to see if there was anything raw. "If ya want raw, ever tried tartare? Or sushi?"

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Did he try 'sewage farmer'," Corp asked, seemingly not joking. He wasn't a fan of those who killed for money rather than duty, country, planet, honour and other military things. "Never mind, his past is not his future."
Legotron123 wrote:Liz didn’t have nearly the same disdain for mercenaries as Corp did, so she seemed rather nonplussed about her new teammate being one. ”As long as he understands the how to use restraint and follow orders, I think we should be fine.” She said, glancing at a few different options for shapeshifter clothing she had pulled up on her tablet.
"That is part of what his training will be about." Hivemind said. "Once Titan's humbled him a bit, he's going to train on how to fight without killing, follow orders, and work with a team."
SeanWolf wrote:Hawk nodded and followed Hivemind through the portal. "Remember, best behavior....I don't need to get off on the wrong foot here. We're in enough hot water as it is," Hawk thought to the Other Side, who in turn responded "I already know. It's you I'm worried about, Hawk. I know how to control myself. You need to better learn how."
Hivemind led Hawk through the portal door, emerging onto a train station platform. Hivemind led Hawk off of the platform and down Steelhaven street to where Corp and Liz were talking to one of his other bodies. "Liz, Corp, this is Hawk Redsky. Hawk, this is Liz and Corp."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Not really 'needed'," Saffy agreed, "but... if these 'bots can do holograms, is there a chance you could show me what the real you looks like?" She put her paws together and did her best 'innocent' look. "It's not like anyone would believe me if I told them."
Hivemind shook his head. "Afraid not. More for personal reasons than anything." Hivemind said.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:The deputy kept pace with Gadgeteer and updated Messalca on the rock situation (but not the Saffy one as no way was HE opening that can of preybait). He chose to stay behind the large Champion as he didn't want to find the sinkhole first.
Gadgeteer didn't take long to reach the sinkhole. A portion of the ledge had broken and fallen in a celican-sized chunk, indicating this was likely the sinkhole Saffy fell through. Knowing he was dealing with hazardous materials, Gadgeteer pulled a small drone off of his engineer's pack, set it up, and sent it down the hole. He monitored the drone using the computer on his wrist, controlling it and viewing what it was seeing. Then, the drone reached the source of the problem. Gadgeteer hissed irritably. On the screen wasn't just a few pretty, glowing rocks. The walls of the cave were completely lined with enormous glowing crystals. Gadgeteer flew the drone through the cave, and the further he got the more he realized the entire mountain was just one massive radioactive geode. "You know how I said Hivemind would leave the mountain where it was?" the Varanian said. "Well, I may have been wrong. Take a look."

Gadgeteer showed the deputy the image on his wrist computer.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Dabry crossed to put a handpaw on Aggie's arm. "I know you must miss them a lot, Aggie," he said quietly before mounting something of a smile, "but we're evidence that you'll see them again, yeah?"
"The Cat is smooth," Sarah muttered to herself, "and kinda right." She crossed over to the group. "Summun said summat 'bout a tour," she asked.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Aye. Ah just wish we cuid hear th' replies." Jim answers.
The hobomancer simply shrugged at Jim's statement. "Perhaps you will. Now that Conall and Cailean know how to visit, perhaps they can bring a message back from home."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Did ye want tae say anythin' tae th' people back hame tae, Sarah?" Conall signs.

"Sae, Sarah. Ah remember ye said once ye'd believe us aboot th' mansion when ye saw it. Dae ye believe it naow or will ye need tha' tour first?" Cailean grins.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nothing I really need to say to anyone," Sarah signed, "an' nae need. Ah'll tell 'em when we's back." She turned to Cailean. "Ok, Ok, I believe you. Let's go look it over anyhow, eh?"
"Mind if I say something," Dabry asked, saying his family address aloud as he walked over to Aggie's side, asking whoever to take a recording to them. "Hi mum," he said, waving sheepishly. "Hi, dad. I know you're shocked by this so pause it and wake mum back up... That's better. Um," he chuckled, "reports of my death weren't exaggerated in the slightest, I'm afraid but... I'm alright. I actually made it up to Heaven." He gestured to Aggie. "I even got a beautiful girlfriend called Aggie.... Wake Dad back up, Mum; smelling salts still in the kitchen cabinet? It's all peace up here as you'll find out. But not too soon, yeah? You saved a lot of money to put me into that course that I never got to do and I don't want you have have failed to spend every penny of that on yourselves, yeah? Donate what you want from your money but, from mine? Holidays and electronics all the way please? Have fun. And I love you both."
Mr. C smiled. "Your parents will be glad to hear from you. This I know."

Buster wrote:"Meaning no motor skills. So, Trading the riskier parts of infestation, for needing to learn how that body moves... I suppose I can deal with that." Kobor comments once talya's been properly implanted. shuffling back over to the shell, and reaching inside to retrieve Talya's portable nanofab, unhooking it from the cocpit superstructure.

"There we go, Making new shells would be a pain without this thing." He comments, carefully setting it aside, deciding to elaborate to forestall questions. "And no, they're not just fancy exoskeletons. We wear them because they're a self contained easily sterilized environment."

Heading over to the new host prepared for him kobor turns and looks at the hive drone, "Um im told this next part is unpleasant to watch... You may not want to be here for this"

((Also because i literally can't deasribe it for you. My best attempt at a toned down version wasnt toned down enough. The process is messy.))
Hivemind nodded and his droid stepped out of the door. However, this was more to avoid debating Kobor. He was not allowed to turn off the security cameras. As a result, he was forced to witness the whole gruesome display as Kobor... transferred... to the new host. When it was over, Hive droids entered the room and started... cleaning up the mess.

Buster wrote:"I.. uh... try to avoid medicines unless I have no other choice. It's a Religious thing, you familiar with 'the way of the mountain path'?"
"I haven't heard of it, no." Nocturl shook his ghostly head. "You don't have to explain it if you don't want to. I get religious reasons."
Legotron123 wrote:”Well, that makes things awkward.” Lewis said, as he too occasionally glanced at his tablet. ”The whole reason I’m here is to help escort you to a medical station, and if you don’t plan on going to one, then I don’t really have a reason to be here aside from telling bad D&D jokes.”
Buster wrote:Ruby sighed in stereo at that, the other her currently sitting down nearby. "as long as whoever's there understands i need answers, not pills. the whole reason i came here was hoping he knew how to sleep as a ghost." she states, gesturing at the other lieutenant before realizing how that came out and who she's talking to, quickly adding "Sorry, sir" to both of them.
"...And unfortunately the answer to how I sleep as a ghost is I don't. You're not a ghost." Nocturl said. "My best guess is that you're doing some kind of weird, supernatural lucid dreaming thing. Just understand... They might be able to give you answers, but they might not be able to fix things without medicine."

Deske wrote:"Oh yeah sure. Iron's pretty tasty, sometimes I like a bit of oxidation on my meal so that comes in handy. Shaved aluminum really makes dishes pop and it doesn't taste half bad either. Tungsten's a bit tough though," Chris said back, jokingly sticking his tongue out at the metallic dragon.
"Funny." MT said in his robotic voice that was a little hard to tell if he was being genuine or not. "It sounds like Kolt is considering a movie night. You interested?"

furrygamer793 wrote:"No, I'm good, I have some in my apartment." Brad replied before he left the room with Ken, walking back to his apartment
Hivemind nodded and said goodbye to Brad, though the omnipresent droid hive still kept an eye on him until he got to his apartment in case he needed anything. No more than Hive did with everyone else anyway.
furrygamer793 wrote:"I think a starter house would be nice, never found apartments very homey, especially because they made the labs back in the second Zevian science place I was at look like apartments, thought it would make the labs more comfortable for us, but it just made it so I would be less comfortable in apartments." Nat said. "Not to mention there isn't enough running space in an apartment."
"Then we should pick a place for your house. Any scenery or surroundings you're looking for? Probably a wide open space to run in?" Hivemind suggested.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk nodded and, with a tip of his hat, greeted both Liz and Corp with a friendly "Hello there."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp kept his own counsel and merely nodded to the Wolf, keeping his hands behind his back.
---------------------
"Well," the Hotel Owner said, after thinking what an odd evening this had been, "there's always the restaurant? It.. it's clean and has to be largeish and I totally understand why non-Celicans didn't want to eat there... OK, not totally but close enough... but that should do?" He looked to Kol. "And I'm glad you like the room, Ma'am."
--------------------
"What," Jenny asked Kol with a grin. "Only two daggers?"
--------------------
"Ah, well then," Saffy said, putting an arm around the Hivebot's 'shoulders' and trying to sound jolly, "I suppose we'd better go, rejoin the others, then?"
--------------------
The Deputy launched into a profanity that didn't translate very well. "I think you'd better tell your boss," he said. "So he can tell MY boss so I don't have to..."
-------------------
"I've heard of them," Hannabelle replied, "but not tried yet. Isn't Sushi Japanese for 'I know how to fish but not how to cook?'" She gave a slight smile at her little joke.
-------------------
In response to HER little joke, Sana chuckled, stood on her chair and gave a bow before sitting back down, her nerves seemingly having vanished for the moment. "I thank you. I do try. People have often said I'm very trying."
------------------
"We'll find out tomorrow, Love," Cherry told Colorado. "We can ask Hi...him that question," she continued, suddenly choosing not to call Hive by name in case that allowed him to make contact with the room and, thus, spoil her fun, "and see how many seconds it takes him to connect the dots."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What," Jenny asked Kol with a grin. "Only two daggers?"
"They take a while to carve." Kol comments, giving jenny a flat stare, "unless you want a sloppy edge that doesn't cut."

- - - - -

it took a bit of work, time, the help of one gratefully accepted glass of salt water, and passing a few she was having trouble finishing because of their size to jaken, but june finally managed to get through nearly two dozen deserts and now has a really big grin on her face.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind nodded and said goodbye to Brad, though the omnipresent droid hive still kept an eye on him until he got to his apartment in case he needed anything. No more than Hive did with everyone else anyway.
Brad opens the door to his apartment, after letting Ken in, he went into the kitchen to put together some dog food. He finished and placed it on the ground for Ken. While Ken ate, Brad sat at his desk and pulled out a small container and grabbed a small disc he put into his computer, and fell asleep watching one of his old college Fharglehgatlenn* games.

~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:"Then we should pick a place for your house. Any scenery or surroundings you're looking for? Probably a wide open space to run in?" Hivemind suggested.
"That sounds good, I honestly am not really sure on what else I want." Nat replied.

*a Zevian sport that works like a cross between kickball and soccer.
Rp characters
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave the owner another warm smile. ”Thank you sir, that sounds perfect. If you could point us in the direction of your establishment, that’d be great.” He said, looking forward to spending the night relaxing with some friends.

Liz, as usual, gave a much warmer welcome. ”Pleasure to met you under more formal circumstances.” She said, extending a hand towards the ex-mercenary. ”My name is Elizabeth Walker, and this is my companion, Corp Davidstow.”

”Are you sure? I wasn’t joking about having plenty of D&D jokes to tell.” Lewis said, a friendly smirk on his face. ”But in all seriousness, I’m sure that if they have a non-chemical solution to your astral projection problem, they’ll let you know. Though knowing this dimension, it’s probably going to be stupid and make my head hurt.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Legotron123 wrote:Liz, as usual, gave a much warmer welcome. ”Pleasure to met you under more formal circumstances.” She said, extending a hand towards the ex-mercenary. ”My name is Elizabeth Walker, and this is my companion, Corp Davidstow.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp kept his own counsel and merely nodded to the Wolf, keeping his hands behind his back.
Hawk smiled and accepted Liz's handshake. "Pleasure to meet you, too. Name's Hawk. Hawk Redsky." he said as he shook Liz's hand, his Other Side soon taking over his head for a brief moment to also greet her with "I'm happy to meet you too, Elizabeth." before letting Hawk regain his head, so to speak. "Sorry about that. He's usually more formal." he added.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Sounds like a good plan to me. It'll be nice to have something normal after a day like today." Chris finishes off the last of his fried tentacles, dumps the crumbs in the bin and heads up to the food truck to return the basket. He heads over to where Kolt has found the owner and waits for a lull in the conversation before asking, "Couldn't help but hear that you were gonna have a movie night. Got room for one more?"
------
"Pff, not that trying if I'm being honest. You make it sound like people think they have their work cut out for them when dealing with you..." Denver asks, ordering another drink with a tap of the menu.
------
"Knowing this place, it'll probably be free. Though that does let us be crotchety old people and say 'Back in my day I had to pay for my education.' or 'When I was your age we had to actually drive to school, there weren't no fancy watchamacallit portal doors.' or something like that."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote:”Are you sure? I wasn’t joking about having plenty of D&D jokes to tell.” Lewis said, a friendly smirk on his face. ”But in all seriousness, I’m sure that if they have a non-chemical solution to your astral projection problem, they’ll let you know. Though knowing this dimension, it’s probably going to be stupid and make my head hurt.
"You mean like one of the engineers being able to fix our thoroughly-wrecked ship by poking it?" she said hearing the mumbled tail end of Lewis' comment. "or are you picturing something weirder? Cause i'm not sure my imagination can out do that."