Reply to topic  [ 2957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 74  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken woke in the darkness and the smelly warmth and his heart rate picked up. Where was he? There were scents around him, strong and somehow familiar and not the ones he was used to. The air was still and odourless with no sounds of the sea. He was pressed against something warm and... squidgy according to the one claw press test. He backed his head up a little and opened an eye, letting it focus on the pink skin side face. Had he been captured? Had he..? No. Something at the back of his mind ignited the memories of yesterday and he wondered if they'd been a dream. Possibly not if this Doctur Rika was squidgy reality. It seemed he was safe. Sort of safe. There were still attackers around, even here. But Rika had said she would keep him safe. He gave Rika a lick on the cheek and settled back down. He'd keep her safe too.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Rika stirred lightly as Jaken licked her, but she did not wake. Although, her arms did tighten slightly around Jaken..

---

Meanwhile, someone else was sleeping less than soundly.. If at all.

A feline figure was lying face down at a desk in the intelligence division offices.

"Uhhgh.. Why'd I get stuck doing the paperwork~!" They mumbled to themselves, rocking their head from side to side. After a moment, they lifted their head and stared intently at the screen with hazy, light blue eyes. "Last file.. 10 pages.. I can do this.." They continued, scrolling through text and typing at intervals, stopping at the last page. "Done.. Finally.." With that, their head flopped back onto the desk with a light thud. "Ow.."

A few minutes later, a light snore could be heard from the feline.. If anyone was around to hear it..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2328
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty-Kun Wrote:
He looks at his watch, then at the robot. "YOU NEED TO GO LOCK THE DOOR, NOW!!!" He pushes the door shut, just as you hear a crackling noise, followed by a monstrous rage. From inside the room, you hear ripping, tearing, scraping, and finally a lone howl that echos through the room, out into the hall, and into the chambers of other rooms.


The droid waited outside, listening. He would definitely need to discuss this with Jolty the next morning. He marched a couple of heavy droids into the main room just in case and sent a message to anyone that may have heard the howling that there was nothing to be concerned about and that they should go back to their business.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Babylon Gardens?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty knocks on the door early in the morning. "Okay...the danger is passed, you can open the door now..."

_________________
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


*Russian Intensifies*


Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2328
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hivemind was busy throughout the entire night. A large number of his droids were on the surface working on damage control with Gear. They were busy fixing and replacing damaged walkways and buildings, and removing the Warriors' drop pods. Hivemind sent down some large salvage vehicles to pick up what was left of Kobor and Talya's ship. He sent a few over to the Bahaman to see if anything could be saved. They came up from the depths filled with various reclaimed items. Weapons, armor, fuel, and even some personal items of the sailors stationed there. The salvage vehicles hovered up to the beach where Hivemind asked the police chief to wait so they could go through the items together and make sure they got to the right places.

The hive droid waiting on the beach with the chief noticed something else. It walked over to pick it up. Upon inspection, it seemed to be the remains of Tatiana's sniper rifle. Hivemind stowed it away to give to Tatiana later.

Predator was also kept busy throughout the night, with assassins running left and right and now with space pirates to deal with. By the time morning came, Predator was walking up to the portal site with nearly 40 lights turned on its abdomen. It's posture was kind of smug, despite the robot itself being non-expressive.

Once his business was concluded there and he found someone to take care of the resort, Gear made his way to the portal site as well, following the crowd of androids, titanic mechs, and salvage vehicles. When the portal itself opened up, he walked through with the crowd of robots, arriving at the Beacon.

--------------------------

(June)
June would wake up (if she ever fell asleep) finding herself still inside the Oceanic District's empty food court, except for the lights were now turned on to simulate sunlight. The single amphibious hive-droid still waited in the corner for her to acknowledge him.

--------------------------

(Prime Minister)
The Prime Minister would receive a notice in the morning from Hivemind asking him if he would visit the harbor the original Bahaman was docked in to witness the arrival of the new ship.

--------------------------

(Everyone Else)
The night was quiet and peaceful save for the howls and sounds of destruction emanating from Solomon's room. Eventually, though, that went quiet as well when Hivemind programmed the walls to be sound-muffling.

Once it was time, Hivemind sent a notification to the team. It would show up on the comm system in their rooms. "Good morning everyone! I hope you had a good nights rest, because I'm afraid today is going to be busy. Hopefully not in the same way as yesterday though. If you would please report to the briefing room by 8:30. I will give you further details then."

--------------------------

(Kol)
Hivemind visited Kol personally. In a large, heavy security droid body with reinforced armor. He expected she would not appreciate being woken up today...

--------------------------

(Jolty)
Hearing Jolty calmed down, Hivemind unlocks the door. Jolty would notice that the one light-security droid had turned into three heavy security droids.
"You feeling better?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3882
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich picked his head up from his pillow and stared at the clock. He waved the time away and dismissively said, "Snooze." a few minutes later he dragged himself out of bed and in front of his mirror. He looked at himself for a second before grabbing a towel from the cabinet and hopping in the shower. Some lathering and rinsing later he had gotten out, combed his hair and decided on a nice black shirt with some sort of metal band on it and some jeans. Simple. We went to the food court and picked up some breakfast, and took it to the meeting room.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Rika had woken early, taken a shower and made herself a little breakfast before Hivemind sent his message. After listening to it and getting dressed, she thought to try and wake Jaken. "Jaken.. Jaaaken.. Time to wake up.." She called lightly, shaking him a little.

---

"Traci? Traci!" A soft voice called. The feline lifts her head from the desk. "Mnm.. Wha?" She said hazily, looking around. "Traci! Have you been here all night? It's.. Gone eight! I thought you'd be back at home.." The voice seemed familiar.. "..Clara? Ugh, yeah.. The reports took- *Yawn* longer than I thought.." Traci replied, shaking her head. Clara sighed. "Go home. I'll get someone to cover your shift for today.." Traci jumped up, suddenly looking wide awake. "Wha!? Why? I can still work today!" She shouted, her tail up in anger. "Traci, you've worked nonstop for four weeks now.. You need a break.." Clara replied, arms folded. Traci looked like a child, pouting. "But, I-I.." Clara gave her a stern stare, arms still crossed. For a woman barely taller than her, she looked as if she was towering over Traci with her glare. The feline sighed, defeated. "Fine, fine.. See you tomorrow.." She said dejectedly, clearing her desk and taking her bag from the floor. Clara's demeanor instantly changed back to calm and happy. "Enjoy yourself, we can manage a day without ya.. Be good!" Traci absently waved back, heading out of the offices into the Champions' headquarters lobby.

She stopped there a moment, looking around the room. She started to daydream about being asked by Hivemind himself to join the champions and help protect the universe from evils, pirates, and anything else she could conjure from her mind..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken woke. "am 'wake," he said into himself before unfolding, stretching, yawning and smacking his lis together experimentally. "Yup, deffo 'wake."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny, as she ften did, had set the alarm for ten minutes before Hive and has spent the last few minute s in the dark, listening to '80's tunes.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Babylon Gardens?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The room looks like a bomb went off. Everything is broken, destroyed, and in disrepair beyond oblivion. Jolty is in the center of the room, taping his fingers. He's only wearing whatever is left of a pair of black jeans. The knees are torn to shreads, and Jolty isn't looking to hot. He puts on his glasses, squinting to see through the shattered left glass. He sighs. "I'm....mentally stable during the day, I should be fine." He gets up, putting on the black long sleeve shirt, also ripped, and black overcoat. He slings the bag on his back, along with the bowcaster. "I need a standard scientific research lab, and some coffee, asap." He quickly marches towards the door. "With luck, I could have a solution developed by the end of the week, if only temporary."

_________________
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


*Russian Intensifies*


Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1203
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana jolted awake at Hvemind's announcement, her eye lights flashing for a moment before settling down. It was a few moments later that she got up from her seat and begun her way towards the briefing room, not feeling all too hungry that morning. It wasn't until she was halfway there that she noticed she had forgotten to take off the party mods and paint from the night before, still looking dressed up and formal. She chuckled to herself and decided she'd wait and see how long it took for anyone to realize the difference. Not like she knew how to take the paint of anyhow, she'd ask Hivemind later. It wasn't much later that she entered the briefing room and started her wait for others to arrive, giving a wave to Ulrich, the only other one to arrive that early.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3882
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich returned the wave as he shoved another forkful of eggs into his mouth, "Good morning!" he replied after he had swallowed. "How did you sleep last night? I would say I slept like a rock but I do not think even a rock could sleep like I did."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken woke. "am 'wake," he said into himself before unfolding, stretching, yawning and smacking his lis together experimentally. "Yup, deffo 'wake."

Rika smiled. "Good, want some breakfast? I've still got a little time before a meeting, so.. Anything you fancy?" She said happily, still leaning over the young fox.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:54 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3160
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt woke at around six o'clock like he usually did, and was surprised to find that he had wound up spending the night on Jenny’s couch. He took it in stride though, and by the time Jenny got out of bed, she’d find him completely dressed and ready for the day, playing a game on his Nintendo Aegis. Once he noticed Jenny standing in the doorway, he looked up at her and smiled. ”Hey Jen. You hear that howling last night? Wonder what the deal was with that?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2328
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"Traci? Traci!" A soft voice called. The feline lifts her head from the desk. "Mnm.. Wha?" She said hazily, looking around. "Traci! Have you been here all night? It's.. Gone eight! I thought you'd be back at home.." The voice seemed familiar.. "..Clara? Ugh, yeah.. The reports took- *Yawn* longer than I thought.." Traci replied, shaking her head. Clara sighed. "Go home. I'll get someone to cover your shift for today.." Traci jumped up, suddenly looking wide awake. "Wha!? Why? I can still work today!" She shouted, her tail up in anger. "Traci, you've worked nonstop for four weeks now.. You need a break.." Clara replied, arms folded. Traci looked like a child, pouting. "But, I-I.." Clara gave her a stern stare, arms still crossed. For a woman barely taller than her, she looked as if she was towering over Traci with her glare. The feline sighed, defeated. "Fine, fine.. See you tomorrow.." She said dejectedly, clearing her desk and taking her bag from the floor. Clara's demeanor instantly changed back to calm and happy. "Enjoy yourself, we can manage a day without ya.. Be good!" Traci absently waved back, heading out of the offices into the Champions' headquarters lobby.

She stopped there a moment, looking around the room. She started to daydream about being asked by Hivemind himself to join the champions and help protect the universe from evils, pirates, and anything else she could conjure from her mind..


Hivemind noticed Traci leaving the offices. One of the droids walked up to her. "Late night? You never left the office." He asked. "You look like you've got something on your mind."

-----------------------

Jolty-Kun Wrote:
The room looks like a bomb went off. Everything is broken, destroyed, and in disrepair beyond oblivion. Jolty is in the center of the room, taping his fingers. He's only wearing whatever is left of a pair of black jeans. The knees are torn to shreads, and Jolty isn't looking to hot. He puts on his glasses, squinting to see through the shattered left glass. He sighs. "I'm....mentally stable during the day, I should be fine." He gets up, putting on the black long sleeve shirt, also ripped, and black overcoat. He slings the bag on his back, along with the bowcaster. "I need a standard scientific research lab, and some coffee, asap." He quickly marches towards the door. "With luck, I could have a solution developed by the end of the week, if only temporary."


The room began to change. Things inside it seemed to loose their texture. They became smoother, and duller, resembling clay. The furniture started to loose it's form, becoming amorphous and fluid, constantly moving. The doughy material meshed together, pushing and pulling itself until it started taking a more solid shape again. The material finally solidified and the room was back to it's original appearance.

The replicator in the kitchen started pouring a mug of coffee. "If you want to use my research labs, you need to tell me what is going on. If you would let me help, we could find a solution in less than half the time. That SOUNDED like a were-beast transformation."

--------------------------

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana jolted awake at Hvemind's announcement, her eye lights flashing for a moment before settling down. It was a few moments later that she got up from her seat and begun her way towards the briefing room, not feeling all too hungry that morning. It wasn't until she was halfway there that she noticed she had forgotten to take off the party mods and paint from the night before, still looking dressed up and formal. She chuckled to herself and decided she'd wait and see how long it took for anyone to realize the difference. Not like she knew how to take the paint of anyhow, she'd ask Hivemind later. It wasn't much later that she entered the briefing room and started her wait for others to arrive, giving a wave to Ulrich, the only other one to arrive that early.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich returned the wave as he shoved another forkful of eggs into his mouth, "Good morning!" he replied after he had swallowed. "How did you sleep last night? I would say I slept like a rock but I do not think even a rock could sleep like I did."


Hivemind and Gear were already in the room. Gear was equipped in a black suit of military-style armor. On it's shoulder was his own personal logo, a gear with crossheirs superimposed on it. He didn't look too happy.
"You two are early. Once everyone else gets here, I'll tell you the plans for today."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Live Chicken," Jaken asked hopefully before frowning. . "No, no. Dead things only for breakfast.," he corrected himself before asking for something he'd seen once on the island. "A Full Englich?" he said more in hope than in error.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, who knows here," Jenny replied to Kolt, "probably a sun going fusion or a dictator being tormented or Arsenal beat Man Utd or something." She walked over and gave him a lip kiss. "How was the sofa and do you want a ten minute head start before I head to breakfast?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In her 'safety cage', Death Vixen readied herself for getting to her grandkits.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Babylon Gardens?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Sort of." he says, grabbing the half-filled mug of coffee before it can even finish filling up, chugging it. "My form wasn't capable of meeting the demands that constant travel and work require, and I needed a solution fast. So I made a gamble and volunteered for a program for advanced body building using new age technology. He is picking up papers, and searching through desks for a pencil. "What ended up happening was that I go fricken Were-Cat mode almost every night, but!" He holds a sheet of paper to the guards. "There IS a chemical formula I can use that will reverse the effects of the original tests, to a controllable degree for me. Problem is, sruoh eb dluoc ti .tfel evah I emit hcum woh erus ton ma I dna ,gniliaf si ydob ym. Also, THAT keeps happening, my talking starts reversing. So yeah, I'm tired, hungry, annoyed, and want to fix this asap."

_________________
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


*Russian Intensifies*


Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Hivemind noticed Traci leaving the offices. One of the droids walked up to her. "Late night? You never left the office." He asked. "You look like you've got something on your mind."

Traci's daydream popped like a baloon as soon as Hive spoke. "Ah! O-oh, hey! Y-yeah.." She replied, stuttering. She was clearly nervous. "I-I had r-reports to.. file.." She breathed a long sigh, trying to clear her mind as she stared down at the floor. "S-sorry, I've been 'working too hard' again.. Clara says I need a day off, but.." She looked back up and steeled her expression, staring right into the Hive-droid's mechanical eyes. "..I feel like I can do more! Much more! I could help far better if I-I.." She stopped short, looking back to the ground dejectedly. "I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't be bothering you with this.. I-I should go.." With that, she steps around the droid and heads toward the lobby exit..

---
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Live Chicken," Jaken asked hopefully before frowning. "No, no. Dead things only for breakfast.," he corrected himself before asking for something he'd seen once on the island. "A Full Englich?" he said more in hope than in error.

Rika nodded deftly. "Full English. Sure, I can get you that.." She said calmly, standing up straight before turning and heading into the kitchen. She replicated the meal then returned to the young Celican with it in one hand and some cutlery in the other. "Here you go, with optional fork and blunt knife. Careful, it's a little hot." She sets the plate down on the coffee table with the cutlery beside it. After that, she sits beside Jaken with a drink she got earlier. "It's got a lot of meat in there, so you should really enjoy it. Lots of protein, it'll make you grow bigger and stronger! That's what my dad would tell me when I was about your age.."

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:38 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1203
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana shrugged at Ulrich's question, "No better or worse than usual." She turned towards Gear and Hivemind, having missed them being there, "Well that sounds like a joy."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Thanks," Jaken said, before inelegantly starting on the food with the implements. He used them like someone who had only really seen them used for surgery beforehand. "We're not eeting wif th' uthurs," he asked whilst chewing a sausage.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"No, just us." Rika replied after taking a sip of her drink. "Maybe we could for lunch, but that depends on what Hive has us doing.." She added, tapping a claw against her cup. "Hm, that reminds me-"

She was cut off by a muffled ringing sound, seemingly eminating from her chest. "Oh, hold on.." She rummages down her shirt with her free hand for a few seconds before producing a thin smartphone, the source of the ringing. She taps the front a couple of times, then holds it toward her ear. "Hello, Dr. Montoni speaking~! OH! Hey dad.. Yeah, I've been meaning to call-.. Ah, you saw that? ..Right.. I have, yes.. Ah, hang on, let me put you on speaker.." She lowers the phone from her ear and taps the screen with her thumb. "Alright, you can talk." An aged man's voice with a mild Australian accent comes from the phone. "Right, can y'ere me alright?" "Loud and clear, dad.." "Good.. Now what's this 'bout you bein' in the Bahamas an' havin' a kid whi'cha?" "It was a mission, dad.. Things, obviously, got a little out of hand.." "Yer tellin' me! First, some kinda' mech sinks the flamin' Bahaman, then 'ive goes an' drops mechs to combat assassins!? What in blazes happened down there!? An' where's that kid you were with now?" "..Right here next to me. Say hello to my dad, Jaken." Once Jaken says hello, the phone stays quiet for a moment. The man's voice sounds softer when he speaks again. "Nice to meet you, Jaken. Excuse me for my.. 'Arsh words, but I was worried 'bout my daughter 's all.." "No need to apologize, dad.." "Well I did, s' there.. So.. Is his father 'round?" "Wh- Dad! He's not mine! He's Celican!" "OH! Oh, I jus'.. Sorry darlin'.." Rika sighed. "You're not the first to think that, I'm sure.. Please tell me mom hasn't seen it?" "Nah, y'know how she is with the news.. Thankfully.. I'll be sure to tell 'er that detail though.. Say, hows 'bout we catch up? It'd be a might easier for her to take in with you there to back the facts an' such.. How 'bout lunch?" Rika ponders for a moment "Well, I'm going to be busy today, apparently, but I think I could make some time around lunch. I'll bring Jaken." "Bonza! See ya 'round one 'o' clock?" "Yeah, I can make that work. See you then." "Alright, stay safe. Bye!" "Bye!"

Rika taps the phone a final time, then puts it down on the coffee table before slumping back into the sofa. "Well then.. Looks like lunch is sorted.."

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2328
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty-Kun Wrote:
"Sort of." he says, grabbing the half-filled mug of coffee before it can even finish filling up, chugging it. "My form wasn't capable of meeting the demands that constant travel and work require, and I needed a solution fast. So I made a gamble and volunteered for a program for advanced body building using new age technology. He is picking up papers, and searching through desks for a pencil. "What ended up happening was that I go fricken Were-Cat mode almost every night, but!" He holds a sheet of paper to the guards. "There IS a chemical formula I can use that will reverse the effects of the original tests, to a controllable degree for me. Problem is, sruoh eb dluoc ti .tfel evah I emit hcum woh erus ton ma I dna ,gniliaf si ydob ym. Also, THAT keeps happening, my talking starts reversing. So yeah, I'm tired, hungry, annoyed, and want to fix this asap."


"All right then. We can use one of my labs. If you let me help, we can find a solution relatively quickly." The droid stated. "First though, while there is a kitchen only a few feet away, do you want something for breakfast?"

----------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci's daydream popped like a baloon as soon as Hive spoke. "Ah! O-oh, hey! Y-yeah.." She replied, stuttering. She was clearly nervous. "I-I had r-reports to.. file.." She breathed a long sigh, trying to clear her mind as she stared down at the floor. "S-sorry, I've been 'working too hard' again.. Clara says I need a day off, but.." She looked back up and steeled her expression, staring right into the Hive-droid's mechanical eyes. "..I feel like I can do more! Much more! I could help far better if I-I.." She stopped short, looking back to the ground dejectedly. "I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't be bothering you with this.. I-I should go.." With that, she steps around the droid and heads toward the lobby exit..


The thing with trying to back out of a conversation with Hivemind is you can't back out of a conversation with Hivemind. Not when he thinks you have something important to say. As Traci turned and walked away from the droid, she inevitably walked toward another one, which immediately picked up the conversation. "It isn't any bother, Traci. If you want to ask me something, and I think I know what, then just ask it."

----------------------------

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana shrugged at Ulrich's question, "No better or worse than usual." She turned towards Gear and Hivemind, having missed them being there, "Well that sounds like a joy."


"It should be." Hivemind said with some enthusiasm. "Among the things we are doing today are Holo-training and picking out things like custom equipment and personal logos and such. Again, I'll give more details once everyone is here."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
The thing with trying to back out of a conversation with Hivemind is you can't back out of a conversation with Hivemind. Not when he thinks you have something important to say. As Traci turned and walked away from the droid, she inevitably walked toward another one, which immediately picked up the conversation. "It isn't any bother, Traci. If you want to ask me something, and I think I know what, then just ask it."

Traci jumped three feet in the air and about two feet back in surprise within a few seconds. "Gah! I forgot you have multiple Yous!" She shouted, her fur sticking up all over. "Great, now my fur's all messed up.." She sighed, trying to brush the fur down with her hands. She did this for a while, to not much avail. She gave up. "..I'm sorry about all this.. I just-" She sighed again before steeling herself just like she did a little earlier. "Ever since truly finding out about my power.. Well, apart from my mama telling me I move really fast all the time.. I've felt like I could do more to protect others.. That's why I joined security! But then I got transferred to intelligence.. I still don't really know why.. They're nice people and all, but.. I know I can do more than just move big heavy file boxes around the districts! I want to do more than that! I.. I.." Her demeanour started changing again, softening. She started to curl into herself shyly, her tail wrapping around her leg.

"I-I want to join the Champions.."

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken smiled and waved when introduced and almost swallowed a whole sausage when the mistake over parenthood was made. But he managed not to choke himself and continued on, listening to the mad accent on the male. "He seems nice," he said after.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny entered, with our without company and took up a light cereal and milk combination for breakfast before headin over towards the others. "Morning, guys," she said breezily.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3882
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ooh, custom equipment," he sounded excited. [color=0000FF]"You mean I might be able to redesign my gloves to not cause burns to my hands whenever they get overused?"[/color] He smiled widely, mentally going over new designs in his head as Jenny entered. Oh, good morning, Jenny. How did you sleep last night?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Babylon Gardens?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty nods, and quickly walks alongside the droids down to the cafeteria, eager for a wonderful breakfast.

_________________
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


*Russian Intensifies*


Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"He is. He's pretty funny too, he has so many jokes.." Rika said chirpily. She took the last sip of her drink then put her cup on the coffee table before standing. "Well, I best get going to this meeting.. I don't want to be the last one there!" She said as she stretched her arms, then remembered to pick up her phone and put it back were she had it last. "..If you get dressed quick, you can come with. It'll probably be boring for you, but it shouldn't be longer than ten minutes or so.." She said simply as she crossed the room to the front door, leaning against the door-frame to wait for Jaken.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken's dressed in roughly thirty seconds, having just change his shorts. He took Rika's hand and let her lead on.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Rika lead the two to the elevator and they rode it to the meeting room. She waved to everyone as she walked to a couple free seats and sat on one of them. "Hey everyone! Hope you're all feeling fine this morning!" She says merrily as she gets comfortable in her chair.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:16 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3160
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt grabbed a rather large breakfast at the cafeteria, consisting of stacks bacon (chewy and crunchy), mini pancakes, Belgian waffles, hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage, donuts, a muffin, and a big glass of orange juice to top it off. By the time he got to the meeting room, half of the food was gone, and he had half of a rather large waffle in his mouth. ”Mahnin efry wan.” He said before swallowing the waffle. ”Hopefully that howling didn’t keep anyone up. Be a shame to lose sleep just because someone decided to get in touch with their wild side.” He sat down at one of the tables and took a big gulp of orange juice. ”Also, I’m really enjoying experimenting with this Earth food. You would not believe how many different ways I’ve combined what’s on my plate.” He said, before taking another fork full of sausage, egg, and hash brown. ”Show *gulp*, what’s the situation?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:46 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2328
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci jumped three feet in the air and about two feet back in surprise within a few seconds. "Gah! I forgot you have multiple Yous!" She shouted, her fur sticking up all over. "Great, now my fur's all messed up.." She sighed, trying to brush the fur down with her hands. She did this for a while, to not much avail. She gave up. "..I'm sorry about all this.. I just-" She sighed again before steeling herself just like she did a little earlier. "Ever since truly finding out about my power.. Well, apart from my mama telling me I move really fast all the time.. I've felt like I could do more to protect others.. That's why I joined security! But then I got transferred to intelligence.. I still don't really know why.. They're nice people and all, but.. I know I can do more than just move big heavy file boxes around the districts! I want to do more than that! I.. I.." Her demeanour started changing again, softening. She started to curl into herself shyly, her tail wrapping around her leg.

"I-I want to join the Champions.."


The hive droid looked at Traci for a second. Studying her. "Okay." it said suddenly. The droid started walking toward the elevators. Pushing the "up" button, it turned around and faced Traci. "Well? Are you coming? Briefing starts soon, and your team is waiting." It pulled a champion card out of a slot in it's wrist and held it towards Traci. "This one's yours, by the way. Don't loose it."

-----------------------------

Jolty-Kun Wrote:
Jolty nods, and quickly walks alongside the droids down to the cafeteria, eager for a wonderful breakfast.


Once they got to the cafeteria, as Jolty was not on the team and thus didn't need to be briefed, one of the droids led the cat over to the public kitchen where the service android behind the counter started cooking up a pretty hearty yet simple breakfast. It didn't take too long before the android handed Jolty a fairly large tray of sausages, pancakes, eggs, and ham. "We have take-home boxes if you can't finish it."

-----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Ooh, custom equipment," he sounded excited. [color=0000FF]"You mean I might be able to redesign my gloves to not cause burns to my hands whenever they get overused?"[/color] He smiled widely, mentally going over new designs in his head as Jenny entered. Oh, good morning, Jenny. How did you sleep last night?"

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika lead the two to the elevator and they rode it to the meeting room. She waved to everyone as she walked to a couple free seats and sat on one of them. "Hey everyone! Hope you're all feeling fine this morning!" She says merrily as she gets comfortable in her chair.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt grabbed a rather large breakfast at the cafeteria, consisting of stacks bacon (chewy and crunchy), mini pancakes, Belgian waffles, hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage, donuts, a muffin, and a big glass of orange juice to top it off. By the time he got to the meeting room, half of the food was gone, and he had half of a rather large waffle in his mouth. ”Mahnin efry wan.” He said before swallowing the waffle. ”Hopefully that howling didn’t keep anyone up. Be a shame to lose sleep just because someone decided to get in touch with their wild side.” He sat down at one of the tables and took a big gulp of orange juice. ”Also, I’m really enjoying experimenting with this Earth food. You would not believe how many different ways I’ve combined what’s on my plate.” He said, before taking another fork full of sausage, egg, and hash brown. ”Show *gulp*, what’s the situation?”

"We're still waiting on a couple people I think." Hivemind said. "The short version is that today is going to mostly be the Beacon traveling to our next destination. We are needed on a Celican colony world. If we want "Death Vixen" to cooperate, we need to secure her family and make sure they aren't hurt. This will likely take a few hours, but we won't arrive there until this afternoon. While we travel, we will be training and getting all of you custom equipment. Finally, The Lycan is well enough for visitors now, and he's bored. I've given us time in the schedule to go visit him."

-----------------------------

In one of the hangers, the last shuttles from Earth were arriving and the last to Earth were departing before the ship prepared to move.
Agent Golta stepped off the shuttle with his partner and stretched. It was a long trip, even with the express shuttle. "All right then. Where to..." He looked down and saw the arrows directing him to luggage. "Right. Must be this way. Hurry up, Sana."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"\did you find anything on that memory chip Mr Lycan took off me," Jaken asked.
"Think I'll skip logo's," Jenny confided in Koln, showing him her coat with the IOC and Champions logos on it. Don't reckon I've got room for another."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A ship the size of several cities, swimming in tech," Sana complained from behind three laptops as she dragged them through customs and navigated after him by ear. He was right when he said no time for sightseeing.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
The hive droid looked at Traci for a second. Studying her. "Okay." it said suddenly. The droid started walking toward the elevators. Pushing the "up" button, it turned around and faced Traci. "Well? Are you coming? Briefing starts soon, and your team is waiting." It pulled a champion card out of a slot in it's wrist and held it towards Traci. "This one's yours, by the way. Don't loose it."

Traci looked up with a blank expression. "A-are you serious? Just like that?" She slowly walked over and into the elevator, taking the proffered card. She stood there and read it as the elevator went up. "I-I.. I don't get it. This it? I'm a Champion now?" The feline had a look of pure confusion etched across her face.

When the elevator arrived, Traci stepped out and instantly recognised a face in the group. "Rika!?"

---

Rika was about to say something about Jaken's question before Traci walked in. "Traci? What are you doing here?" Traci stepped over to Rika, holding up the card. "I.. He just let me join the champions a few seconds ago.. I think, I'm still not sure.." Rika looked puzzled now. "Really?" She thought for a second, looking to Hive then back to Traci before just shrugging. Well, uh.. Welcome to the team, I guess.." Traci tilted her head to the side. "Uh, thanks? Hey, since when did you join!? I thought you said no back when-" "I did.. Sort of, on account I wanted to get my doctorate. Now that I got it a couple months ago, I took Hive up his offer. But that's not what's important right now.." Rika cut her off, pointing to Gear and Hive at the back of the room. Traci looked to where she was pointing. "Oh, right.. Sorry.." She said in a slightly hushed voice, sitting in the vacant chair beside Jaken.

They both waited for Hive or Gear (or anyone else) to speak..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3948
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Before leaving earth orbit, the last of the cargo ships carying this visits trade goods had a slight error in its manifest, the cargo unloaded coming up light by 72kg compared to the weight recorded pre launch planetside. The shipper offered an apology and a credit for it though, suggesting that one of the barrels for misplaced, so there shouldn't be any issue.

On the cargo level, a "storage bin" thought to itself, of course they would expand the target dossier to include all captured operatives and contractors. Not like my job isn't hard enough already...

-----

At the one hour mark, June gave up on trying to get more food out of the machine, content for now.
At the three hour mark, she began to hum a nameless tune as she explored, somehow failing to notice the dormant droid.
By the five hour mark, June had disassembled the replicator and was examining it's parts.
By eight hours she had figured out how to put it back together, not only getting it right but 'accidentaly' correcting a short maintainance had missed during its last check.
At ten hours she had figured out how to make it produce sushi. No explanation how she knew what that is.
At twelve hours she had constructed a tent out of chairs, napkins, plastic forks and far too much patience.
By the time thirteen hours had passed, the lights snapping on caused repetitive groaning about being bored to be replaced by a shout of, "YAY, PEOPLE." The sharklet showing no signs of fatigue or exhaustion, despite having never slept. If anything she seemed hyper.

------

>Be down soon, though that reminds me, how is your other passenger adjusting to 24 hour days? If I remember correctly, her homeworld has a 38 hour rotational period.

------

Apparently sleep deprivation and severe headaches combine to make one violently cranky, and Kol can throw a pillow hard enough to decapitate a droid.

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:36 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2328
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
~\Rook/~ Wrote:
CyberDragon Wrote:
The hive droid looked at Traci for a second. Studying her. "Okay." it said suddenly. The droid started walking toward the elevators. Pushing the "up" button, it turned around and faced Traci. "Well? Are you coming? Briefing starts soon, and your team is waiting." It pulled a champion card out of a slot in it's wrist and held it towards Traci. "This one's yours, by the way. Don't loose it."

Traci looked up with a blank expression. "A-are you serious? Just like that?" She slowly walked over and into the elevator, taking the proffered card. She stood there and read it as the elevator went up. "I-I.. I don't get it. This it? I'm a Champion now?" The feline had a look of pure confusion etched across her face.

When the elevator arrived, Traci stepped out and instantly recognised a face in the group. "Rika!?"

---

Rika was about to say something about Jaken's question before Traci walked in. "Traci? What are you doing here?" Traci stepped over to Rika, holding up the card. "I.. He just let me join the champions a few seconds ago.. I think, I'm still not sure.." Rika looked puzzled now. "Really?" She thought for a second, looking to Hive then back to Traci before just shrugging. Well, uh.. Welcome to the team, I guess.." Traci tilted her head to the side. "Uh, thanks? Hey, since when did you join!? I thought you said no back when-" "I did.. Sort of, on account I wanted to get my doctorate. Now that I got it a couple months ago, I took Hive up his offer. But that's not what's important right now.." Rika cut her off, pointing to Gear and Hive at the back of the room. Traci looked to where she was pointing. "Oh, right.. Sorry.." She said in a slightly hushed voice, sitting in the vacant chair beside Jaken.

They both waited for Hive or Gear (or anyone else) to speak..


"I am serious." Hivemind stated as they took the elevator up. "I've had that card ready for a few days now. I just needed to finalize a few things before the invitation could be sent."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"did you find anything on that memory chip Mr Lycan took off me," Jaken asked.
"Think I'll skip logo's," Jenny confided in Koln, showing him her coat with the IOC and Champions logos on it. Don't reckon I've got room for another."


Hivemind looked at him confused. "Memory chip? What memory chip? Hold on." Hivemind paused for a moment. After a couple minutes, he spoke again. "I just got it. Randy put it in his utility belt. We'll have to take a look at it at some point today."

--------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"A ship the size of several cities, swimming in tech," Sana complained from behind three laptops as she dragged them through customs and navigated after him by ear. He was right when he said no time for sightseeing.


"Right." Golta said, a little distracted searching for their luggage while trying not to get lost. "Hivemind has us set up in the 'Capitol District'. He gave me a... number... to get there." This place is weird... he thought to himself.

--------------------

Buster Wrote:
Before leaving earth orbit, the last of the cargo ships carying this visits trade goods had a slight error in its manifest, the cargo unloaded coming up light by 72kg compared to the weight recorded pre launch planetside. The shipper offered an apology and a credit for it though, suggesting that one of the barrels for misplaced, so there shouldn't be any issue.

On the cargo level, a "storage bin" thought to itself, of course they would expand the target dossier to include all captured operatives and contractors. Not like my job isn't hard enough already...


"Attention all residents of the Beacon of Hope," the intercom announced. "The ship will be making a warp jump soon. Please make sure all business with Earth is finalized before we depart."

The stowaway would find himself in an empty cargo bay, with a couple doors apparently leading out.

--------------------

Buster Wrote:
>Be down soon, though that reminds me, how is your other passenger adjusting to 24 hour days? If I remember correctly, her homeworld has a 38 hour rotational period.


Buster Wrote:
Apparently sleep deprivation and severe headaches combine to make one violently cranky, and Kol can throw a pillow hard enough to decapitate a droid.


At least, it would be hard enough to decapitate a droid, if Hivemind hadn't anticipated such a reaction and sent a sturdier droid to wake her up. "Sorry, Kol. It's not my fault you drank too much last night. As for the shortened nights... I'm afraid you'll just have to adjust."

>That might explain a few things...

--------------------

Buster Wrote:
At the one hour mark, June gave up on trying to get more food out of the machine, content for now.
At the three hour mark, she began to hum a nameless tune as she explored, somehow failing to notice the dormant droid.
By the five hour mark, June had disassembled the replicator and was examining it's parts.
By eight hours she had figured out how to put it back together, not only getting it right but 'accidentaly' correcting a short maintainance had missed during its last check.
At ten hours she had figured out how to make it produce sushi. No explanation how she knew what that is.
At twelve hours she had constructed a tent out of chairs, napkins, plastic forks and far too much patience.
By the time thirteen hours had passed, the lights snapping on caused repetitive groaning about being bored to be replaced by a shout of, "YAY, PEOPLE." The sharklet showing no signs of fatigue or exhaustion, despite having never slept. If anything she seemed hyper.


Hivemind didn't want to open the doors just yet. First, he needed to have a word with June. The dormant droid came to life and swam over to her. "Good morning, June. Are you feeling well enough to speak? Do you remember what happened last night?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9887
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
...and the PM sent his acceptance of Hive's request to attend the arrival of the new ship/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hope it's useful," Jaken remarked before finding a Sausage he'd 'forgotten' he'd put in his pocket and eating it before holding out his slightly slicked hand for Trinity.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Babylon Gardens?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty quickly eats, then throws his meal away. “Well? Where to now? My worl can wait a little while, and I’m sure you require something....”

_________________
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


*Russian Intensifies*


Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3160
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Yeah, I already have my logo. It’s just the one from my old team, but it still holds some sentimental value to me, so I’m keeping it.” Kolt said as he shoved another pancake sausage wrap into his mouth. ”Ahlvoe, ah’ve *gulp* been thinking about slightly modifying it, trying to work in elements from the Champions’ logo. And that reminds me, hey Hivemind?” He said, looking at the drone in the center of the room. ”Is there a logo for the Champions as an Organization? I’m thinking of incorporating it into my costume.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3882
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
I do not even know what I would do for a logo, maybe just a plain. Champions logo with my name under it or something." He gave Hive a shrug, "Maybe I am wrong and something will come to mind."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hope it's useful," Jaken remarked before finding a Sausage he'd 'forgotten' he'd put in his pocket and eating it before holding out his slightly slicked hand for Trinity.

Traci noticed the hand outstreched to her in the corner of her eye, turning her head slightly to see the young Celican it belonged to. "Hm? Oh hey! Didn't see you there.." She said simply, waving a greeting hand. She doesn't realise he wanted to shake. "What's your name?" Rika put a hand on Jaken's head, ruffling his headfur lightly. "His name's Jaken, he's eleven. Jaken, this is Traci Shwarte. She's a friend of mine from when I went to school. In fact, I think we were around your age when we met.." Traci nods feverently. "Yeah! I was.. I think twelve? No, I was eleven, you were twelve!" Rika nods. "That's right! Wow, time flies!" The two girls laugh lightly with each other. "It sure does! Anyway, nice to meet you Jaken!" Traci adds, remembering he was there.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:39 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3948
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol's growled response is barely ineligible, as far as words go, but the intent is much clearer, as it's accompanied by her giving Hivemind a harsh shove out into the main room of the apartment followed by pulling the furs over the archway closed. from the other side you can here some amount of shuffling, after which a still quite grumpy, but dressed Kol eventually emerges.

Doesn't stop her from glaring at him though.

- - - - - - -

Talya and Kobor would catch up with the rest of the group relatively quickly, and while familiar to most of them, this would likely be the first time Jolty had met the twins.

At three and a half meters tall, with a four meter diameter footprint they are not small. Talya, on the left, appears to be a machine who from the waist down has a body structure that, to one familiar with the early 21st century, would most resemble the 2016 version of the Spider Mastermind from Doom without the organic bits. Though instead of an engorged brain creature in the middle, there's a waist joint connecting to the base of a forward facing mostly conical torso that lacks a head, or distinct shoulders. Instead it's arms hang down from beneath backward protruding overhangs of the main fuselage, along side a set of four currently limp metal tendrils on each side. The underside of the nose is painted to look like a grinning shark maw, and looks like it can hinge open. All in all it looks like a squid mated with a spider and the offspring was somehow a robot.

Kobor on the other hand, has the same body structure as his sister but slightly smaller and in flesh and blood, save instead of arms and legs, he just has 14 tentacles. Four huge ones on each side that he's using to hold himself up, body parallel to the floor, and six smaller ones up front that he currently has curled under his nose cuttlefish style. He's a blue grey color, (means he's in a good mood, he turns more pinkish orange when he's looking for a fight) with subtle hints of pink here and there, and looks kinda slimy. Also instead of a dozen jet black camera domes he just has four eyes, two on the nose part of his body, and two on the fringes of his mantle.

The two seem to be in mid conversation as they approach, although it honestly sounds more like a conversation between Megabyte (a partial vocal similarity in Kobor's case) and GLaDOS (Dead on for Talya, right down to the weird pitch shifts in certain words, and yes it's on purpose, she payed quite a bit for that voicepack).

"...Well I've gotta make sure it works!"

"We do not have an environment adequate for proper testing. I will need time to-... Oh, Hello." Talya breaks off, noticing jolty among the group. "I don't believe we've been introduced."

((yes I know, this is the third time I've described the twins, but jolty wasn't here for the other two, and i REALLY want to see his reaction. also, if you're used to imperial I'm pretty sure 1m=3.28ft))

- - - - - - -

"Um... oh, sorry I bit you..." June comments, looking sheepish.

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 74  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.