Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 64  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1142
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana reeled back her fist and punched a wave of kinetic force at the chargers before quickly firing plasma and kinetic shots at any exposed foes, plasma for weapons or armor on the heavy infantry, and kinetics for heads or non lethal body blows on the light infantry. She wanted to take the opportunity of the confusion to wittle down their numbers before the vehicles took notice.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:12 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3649
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I... See." Epsilon states, beginning to wonder if this machine has a concept of brevity of speech. "So, which way from here?"

- - - - - - - - -

"Ooh! Games sound fun!"

(a few minutes later)

"...I think this one is broken... I'm already on level 255 and the random powerup is always invincibility. Is it supposed to do that?"

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:22 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12692
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Cailean takes the gloves and puts them on the table.
"We're nae done until Conall is. Ah'm gonnae learn more aboot this." he states, shoving the papers into the box. He focuses, frowns, and focuses again.
"Why isnae tha' workin'?"

~~~~~~~~
Conall taps the screen a few times and frowns. He looks closely at the sword, as suggested, taking in the details, and then steps back, thinking. He concentrates on desiring the sword but nothing happens. Changing tack, he pictures the sword in his paw and then jumps in surprise as the weapon appears in front of him. It's only some fancy footwork that saves him losing a toe as the blade drops to the floor.
"Cool!" he signs, grinning. He picks up the sword and thumbs the blade.
"It's real!" he signs to Sarah in wonder.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:02 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ah ken that, Conall," Sarah replied in sign before reaching out for the sword. "It's probably sharp," she warned, making sure he could see her mouth as she spoke. She hefted the weapon. "No bad balance," she admitted before offering the weapon to the Hive droid. "Ah'd be better wi' a powered staff, hen," she told him. "An' are ye sure ye want him makin' weapons?" She signed the question for Conall's benefit after asking verbally.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:51 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1998
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Chris followed closely by MT, half following in his wake as the crowd parted for him, "I don't know. I don't really think there's an upper limit to it. I have to agree with you, we would definitely be unstoppable. I guess this solidifies this relationship, eh? Man- well, Coyote and Machine. I'd be up for it if you are. I'm sure they could use someone who can repair practically anything, I guess. And then there's you, of course.


"I imagine neither of us will be without work. However, we will need to ask the AI in this ship if there is any work available." He said as they continued on. More and more people were parting to let them through, or at least to avoid being stepped on, as they made their way to the Captain. "There is something... off... about the Hive. It's thought patterns are not like any AI I have encountered. They exhibit chaotic and unpredictable patterns more akin to an organic mind."

Finally they got to the others. MT addressed the captain. "Captain Liz. Chris has finished repairs on the ship. Initial scans indicate the Steelhaven is spaceworthy."

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken finished cleaning up, splashed his face and headed back outside to see what Hivemind and the newcomer were up to.


"Oh. Hello Jaken. Now that you're cleaned up, we can go find June, shall we?"

Buster Wrote:
"I... See." Epsilon states, beginning to wonder if this machine has a concept of brevity of speech. "So, which way from here?"


"Now we go through just about any door to get to the interior of the ship." Hivemind replied. "From there, Jaken will go with me to find his friend if he wants to, and you will go with a different me to the hospital to get proper treatment for your injuries."

----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Ooh! Games sound fun!"

(a few minutes later)

"...I think this one is broken... I'm already on level 255 and the random powerup is always invincibility. Is it supposed to do that?"


Hivemind was laughing to himself. "Yeah, that makes sense. It isn't broken, June. It's just luck based. Try this game over here. It's a racing game without any random elements." He pointed to a nearby game with a seat and a steering wheel.

----------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Cailean takes the gloves and puts them on the table.
"We're nae done until Conall is. Ah'm gonnae learn more aboot this." he states, shoving the papers into the box. He focuses, frowns, and focuses again.
"Why isnae tha' workin'?"


"Because that item is a, for lack of a better word, placebo. It's an illusory construct. Similar to hardlight." He looked at the paper, and it vanished. "From what I saw, the spot you touched on the soap was what combusted. It seems your fingerprint is what you make explode, something that wouldn't be left on something that isn't really there."

----------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Conall taps the screen a few times and frowns. He looks closely at the sword, as suggested, taking in the details, and then steps back, thinking. He concentrates on desiring the sword but nothing happens. Changing tack, he pictures the sword in his paw and then jumps in surprise as the weapon appears in front of him. It's only some fancy footwork that saves him losing a toe as the blade drops to the floor.
"Cool!" he signs, grinning. He picks up the sword and thumbs the blade.
"It's real!" he signs to Sarah in wonder.


The tester's jaw dropped. "Woah! Cool!" the human said, his eyes wide. "That's one of the best swords in the game too!"

"Excellent!" hivemind said, and also signed. "I believe that's everyone who needed to be tested. All three of you can head down the dock and join the rest of the group. I will let all of you in shortly."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Ah ken that, Conall," Sarah replied in sign before reaching out for the sword. "It's probably sharp," she warned, making sure he could see her mouth as she spoke. She hefted the weapon. "No bad balance," she admitted before offering the weapon to the Hive droid. "Ah'd be better wi' a powered staff, hen," she told him. "An' are ye sure ye want him makin' weapons?" She signed the question for Conall's benefit after asking verbally.


"As long as it's not a firearm." Hivemind replied. "It's a little hard to catch our security off guard with a sword straight from a video game. Thus it poses less of a risk. Though I would appreciate avoiding summoning weapons when we get to the civilian districts."

----------------------------

Quote:
56 light infantry remain. 14 have heavy weapons.
8 armored infantry remain. 4 have damaged miniguns and are using flamethrowers.
5 light vehicles remain.
6 tanks remain.
100 chargers remain.


Deske Wrote:
Ulrich quickly wrapped an arm around the civilian as soon as the simulation started again and pulled up a shield around them with an angled from to allow for an easier time pushing through their opponents. He began the walk forward, guiding the civilian next to him with his arm.


The civilian initially resisted, but then seemed to realize Ulrich was one of the people protecting him.

"The human has the target! Move up!" One of the infantry called out. The army started pursuing Ulrich and the civilian more aggressively.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny made her way forward at a trot, keeping her ears open for movement ahead of her as she pulled her pistols out, tying the targeting system to her glasses so it switched from stun to higher power depending on if they were pointing at living beings or vehicles. She took aim quickly as a small team of soldiers entered her range and fired several quick shots before ducking aside as one of the light vehicles came towards her. She fired on the wheels.


Five soldiers dropped to the ground. Some of the others began pursuing Jenny, along with two flamethrower rigs. One of the tires on the light vehicle burst, and it veered into a tree. Two soldiers climbed out and started firing at Jenny.

-5 light infantry.
-1 light vehicle.
+2 light infantry. (-3 total)

53 light infantry remain. 14 have heavy weapons.
8 armored infantry remain. 4 have damaged miniguns and are using flamethrowers.
4 light vehicles remain.
6 tanks remain.
100 chargers remain.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana reeled back her fist and punched a wave of kinetic force at the chargers before quickly firing plasma and kinetic shots at any exposed foes, plasma for weapons or armor on the heavy infantry, and kinetics for heads or non lethal body blows on the light infantry. She wanted to take the opportunity of the confusion to wittle down their numbers before the vehicles took notice.


A large chunk of the chargers exploded into shards when hit by the kinetic blast, but the rest were unfazed.

Tatiana's shots overcharged the shields on one of the tanks, dropped one of the rigs, and caused a light vehicle engine to burst into flame. Her kinetic shots knocked out seven light infantry.

-30 chargers.
-1 armored infantry. + 1 light infantry.
-1 light vehicle. +2 light infantry.
-7 light infantry. (-4 total)
1 tank has shields down.

49 light infantry remain. 11 have heavy weapons. 38 have high powered machine guns.
7 armored infantry remain. 3 have damaged miniguns and are using flamethrowers.
3 light vehicles remain.
6 tanks remain. 1 has shields down.
70 chargers remain.

The bulk of the army immediately went for Ulrich and the civilian, attempting to surround him.
>11 light infantry fired their missile launchers at Ulrich and his shields. 10 attempt to suppress him with their machine guns.
>3 armored infantry fired their miniguns at Ulrich.
>all remaining light vehicles raced toward Ulrich and fired their railgun repeaters at him.
>4 tanks took aim at Ulrich's shields and fired their missile launchers and main cannons at him.

A number of the infantry took notice of Jenny and started trying to suppress her with their machine guns. Some armored infantry joined in as well.
>12 light infantry fired their machine guns at Jenny.
>3 armored infantry attempt to surround Jenny and burn her with their flamethrowers.

The rest of the army focused on Tatiana, doing their best to take out the sniper before she could do more damage to them.
>16 light infantry unleash the full force of their machine guns at Tatiana.
>1 armored infantry took aim and fired it's minigun at Tatiana.
>1 tank fired its missile launcher and main cannon at Tatiana.

The final tank drove behind a boulder in an attempt to wait for it's shields to recharge.

The chargers are 58% of the way to the civilian.

2 days until "reinforcements" arrive.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3754
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well a hivemind is usually a bunch of drones controlled by one "queen." Considering almost all of these bodies that HiveMind has look exactly the same, I'd say that they're the drones and that there's a very non-AI living being somewhere on this ship controlling all of them. How their influence is spread throughout, I couldn't tell you. However based on the fact that you say it's like an organic mind rather than a mechanical one, I'd say he's probably a technopath. It'd have to be technopathy or else there wouldn't be any traces of thought patterns. It'd be like remote controlling a body, but he's probably "inhabiting" them all to some extent. I don't know, science fiction was literally turned into science non-fiction a solid hour or so ago so it's kind of hard to just start thinking like all of this stuff is real." Chris stopped next to MT as he addressed the captain.

----------

Ulrich kept marching forward, occasional redirecting his shields to deflect incoming shots rather than absorb them in order to conserve both energy and lessen the amount of heat produced. Missile rounds, railgun munitions and tank rounds were deflected if they could be while most of the bullets were simply absorbed. Ulrich did notice the ferocity with which he was being targeted and made his own attempt to move faster. He stopped and crouched down, forcing the civilian to do the same. A blue hard-light floor appeared under them as the top of their shields lowered so that it was more wedged shape. When it was finished they began to move at the speed of a slow car, plowing into a few infantrymen and easily pushing them out of the way, only slowing slightly when hitting a light vehicle, but even then it was easy to force them up and over rather than push them out of the way.

The personal shields he had "made" for the team held as well, with the power saved from deflecting the minigun rounds and tank round aimed at Tatiana, Jenny's shield was able to fully encompass her to give her some protection from the flamethrowers.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as Hivemind yelled “now,” Kolt was in the air. He flew over the assembly of soldiers, using his power to grab the weapons away from the infantry surrounding Ulrich and throwing them into the lake. ”You know, I’ve never really faced an unpowered army like this before.” He said, before covering himself with a forcefield and flying through a row of chargers. ”The closest I’ve gotten is when my team got called in to deal with this guy called Heartbreaker who was trying to take control of a nearby city. And that was just some mind controlled civilians, it wasn’t like an actual army with soldiers.”

”Are you sure?” Liz asked incredulously. She examined the ship closely for a minute before turning back to the drone. ”Well if that’s the case, I think we need to-“ *THUNK* Liz turned to look at her son, who had fallen unconscious on the ground. ”Ah, fiddlesticks. Can you get one of those healers over here to wake up my son?”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:38 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1142
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana gave silent thanks to Ulrich for the shields as she flew across the ground to avoid any more direct fire. As she maneuvered she charged up a charged plasma shot, firing more kinetic rounds at light infantry and vehicles as she let it charge. In response to Kolt she sighed, continuing her kinetic fire, "I feel that. Very different than the rim, though, I bet Hive's gonna change that fast." Once her charged shot was ready she flew into the air to see the hiding tank and fired her charged shot at it, her goal primarily to disable it if she could as it had no shields. The minigun of an armored infantry pinged off of the shields Ulrich gave her, annoyed she delivered a round house kick of kinetic energy at it in annoyance and began to make her way back to better ground, looking around the environment to see if there was anything she could use to block the chargers for even a second.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny pulled her head in to avoid getting her nose shot off and looked up. She was treating it like she didn't have a shield at the moment because, at some point in the future, she wasn't going to have one. Better, she thought, not to rely on it. She was pretty much surrounded at distance now, the enemy within sixty yards or so and the Flamethrowers coming in faster. She sighed and realised there was only one thing for it. She flipped her pistols away, checked the others weren't nearby and de-activated her comms. Then she put her hands above her head and brought them together.

A spherical blast of concussive sonic energy burst in all directions over a seventy foot radius that she knew would likely not kill any of the soldiers around her but it would skittle them and deafen them for quite some time. It should even bring some of the vehicles to a shuddering halt for a short while, long enough for her to disable them with a more directed blast on their weapons and propulsion systems. Every window around her shattered into tiny pieces of glass and blew in as the panes further from her, both around and above, cracked and dropped from their frames. She shattered a large shard before it fell on some of the soldiers. Then she shot them with her stun setting before resuming comms and heading through cover as the next lot started after her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I have it," Corp said, kneeling by the boy. He tipped Lewis' head up and introduced the boys' nose to some smelling salts he had in a pouch. "C'mon, Lewis," he encouraged, "you're an officer. No-one else has fainted."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah," Jaken said, walking with a slight skip in his step, "she can be my hat again!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We'll be right wi' ye," Sarah said before checking on Cailean. "Y'coming, chuck" she asked, holding out a handpaw for him.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3649
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"Now we go through just about any door to get to the interior of the ship." Hivemind replied. "From there, Jaken will go with me to find his friend if he wants to, and you will go with a different me to the hospital to get proper treatment for your injuries."


Any door? this utility corridor must run under that facility then... convenient. giving nod in acknowledgement, Epsilon headed towards the nearest doorway she could see and headed through.

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:35 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1998
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”Are you sure?” Liz asked incredulously. She examined the ship closely for a minute before turning back to the drone. ”Well if that’s the case, I think we need to-“ *THUNK* Liz turned to look at her son, who had fallen unconscious on the ground. ”Ah, fiddlesticks. Can you get one of those healers over here to wake up my son?”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I have it," Corp said, kneeling by the boy. He tipped Lewis' head up and introduced the boys' nose to some smelling salts he had in a pouch. "C'mon, Lewis," he encouraged, "you're an officer. No-one else has fainted."


When Lewis collapsed, Hivemind moved to help him. Corp beat him to it, however, and he turned back to Liz. "I'm sorry, what was it you were saying?"

Deske Wrote:
"Well a hivemind is usually a bunch of drones controlled by one "queen." Considering almost all of these bodies that HiveMind has look exactly the same, I'd say that they're the drones and that there's a very non-AI living being somewhere on this ship controlling all of them. How their influence is spread throughout, I couldn't tell you. However based on the fact that you say it's like an organic mind rather than a mechanical one, I'd say he's probably a technopath. It'd have to be technopathy or else there wouldn't be any traces of thought patterns. It'd be like remote controlling a body, but he's probably "inhabiting" them all to some extent. I don't know, science fiction was literally turned into science non-fiction a solid hour or so ago so it's kind of hard to just start thinking like all of this stuff is real." Chris stopped next to MT as he addressed the captain.


"You might be on to something. I feel we have much to ask the Hivemind." The mech replied. Hivemind heard them and a different droid walked up to the pair. "If you have questions, I will do my best to answer them." the droid addressed the two.
"Very well. I have picked up on several electromagnetic transmissions referencing a group called "Champions". I am most curious about what that might be."
"The Champions are, for a lack of a better term, our main security and peacemaking force. They are also quite the celebrities. More informally, they are a super hero group. They go on missions to protect whomever might need it. We are currently hiring as well, but I will get to that after I show the ship to everyone, as well as your houses."
"I... Obviously have some special requirements for a residence that others here would not. I hope you take this into account."
"Of course. Are there any other questions?"

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Yeah," Jaken said, walking with a slight skip in his step, "she can be my hat again!"

Buster Wrote:
Any door? this utility corridor must run under that facility then... convenient. giving nod in acknowledgement, Epsilon headed towards the nearest doorway she could see and headed through.


Hivemind led the two through the nearest portal door, moving across miles of space by taking one step. They emerged in the capitol district. The droid they were with took Jaken and headed toward the Arcade where June was playing while a second showed up to bring Epsilon down through the metropolitan city to the hospital.

-------------------------------

Quote:
49 light infantry remain. 11 have heavy weapons. 38 have high powered machine guns.
7 armored infantry remain. 3 have damaged miniguns and are using flamethrowers.
3 light vehicles remain.
6 tanks remain. 1 has shields down.
70 chargers remain.


Deske Wrote:
Ulrich kept marching forward, occasional redirecting his shields to deflect incoming shots rather than absorb them in order to conserve both energy and lessen the amount of heat produced. Missile rounds, railgun munitions and tank rounds were deflected if they could be while most of the bullets were simply absorbed. Ulrich did notice the ferocity with which he was being targeted and made his own attempt to move faster. He stopped and crouched down, forcing the civilian to do the same. A blue hard-light floor appeared under them as the top of their shields lowered so that it was more wedged shape. When it was finished they began to move at the speed of a slow car, plowing into a few infantrymen and easily pushing them out of the way, only slowing slightly when hitting a light vehicle, but even then it was easy to force them up and over rather than push them out of the way.

The personal shields he had "made" for the team held as well, with the power saved from deflecting the minigun rounds and tank round aimed at Tatiana, Jenny's shield was able to fully encompass her to give her some protection from the flamethrowers.


As Ulrich moved and put more distance between him and the chargers, he managed to knock five infantry to the ground, injuring them and taking them out of the fight. The light vehicle he rammed flipped on it's side and the two infantrymen inside climbed out.

-5 light infantry
-1 light vehicle
+2 light infantry (-3 total)

46 light infantry remain. 8 have heavy weapons. 38 have high powered machine guns.
7 armored infantry remain. 3 have damaged miniguns and are using flamethrowers.
2 light vehicles remain.
6 tanks remain. 1 has shields down.
70 chargers remain.

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as Hivemind yelled “now,” Kolt was in the air. He flew over the assembly of soldiers, using his power to grab the weapons away from the infantry surrounding Ulrich and throwing them into the lake. ”You know, I’ve never really faced an unpowered army like this before.” He said, before covering himself with a forcefield and flying through a row of chargers. ”The closest I’ve gotten is when my team got called in to deal with this guy called Heartbreaker who was trying to take control of a nearby city. And that was just some mind controlled civilians, it wasn’t like an actual army with soldiers.”


Many of the soldiers surrounding Ulrich jumped as their weapons were wrenched from their hands. They recovered and pulled out their respective secondary weapons. If they used rockets, they pulled out light machine guns. If they had light machine guns, they were now relying on handguns.
As for the chargers, the ones Kolt hit didn't stand a chance. They weren't built to handle such an impact. Fifteen of them shattered into oblivion.

15 light infantry have attack down. 6 lost their missile launchers, and 9 lost their machine guns.
-15 chargers

46 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 35 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
7 armored infantry remain. 3 have damaged miniguns and are using flamethrowers.
2 light vehicles remain.
6 tanks remain. 1 has shields down.
55 chargers remain.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana gave silent thanks to Ulrich for the shields as she flew across the ground to avoid any more direct fire. As she maneuvered she charged up a charged plasma shot, firing more kinetic rounds at light infantry and vehicles as she let it charge. In response to Kolt she sighed, continuing her kinetic fire, "I feel that. Very different than the rim, though, I bet Hive's gonna change that fast." Once her charged shot was ready she flew into the air to see the hiding tank and fired her charged shot at it, her goal primarily to disable it if she could as it had no shields. The minigun of an armored infantry pinged off of the shields Ulrich gave her, annoyed she delivered a round house kick of kinetic energy at it in annoyance and began to make her way back to better ground, looking around the environment to see if there was anything she could use to block the chargers for even a second.


Ten light infantry dropped, unconscious. The tank, upon getting hit with the plasma blast, burst. Parts and armor went flying, and the turret went lopsided. Three light infantry climbed out and joined the fight.
The armored rig staggered and fell. Unable to right itself, the infantry inside ejected and joined the fight.
The chargers are reaching the natural bridge. They are running through the stream under the bridge as it is the most direct way to the civilian.

40 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 29 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
6 armored infantry remain. 3 have damaged miniguns and are using flamethrowers.
2 light vehicles remain.
5 tanks remain.
55 chargers remain.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny pulled her head in to avoid getting her nose shot off and looked up. She was treating it like she didn't have a shield at the moment because, at some point in the future, she wasn't going to have one. Better, she thought, not to rely on it. She was pretty much surrounded at distance now, the enemy within sixty yards or so and the Flamethrowers coming in faster. She sighed and realised there was only one thing for it. She flipped her pistols away, checked the others weren't nearby and de-activated her comms. Then she put her hands above her head and brought them together.

A spherical blast of concussive sonic energy burst in all directions over a seventy foot radius that she knew would likely not kill any of the soldiers around her but it would skittle them and deafen them for quite some time. It should even bring some of the vehicles to a shuddering halt for a short while, long enough for her to disable them with a more directed blast on their weapons and propulsion systems. Every window around her shattered into tiny pieces of glass and blew in as the panes further from her, both around and above, cracked and dropped from their frames. She shattered a large shard before it fell on some of the soldiers. Then she shot them with her stun setting before resuming comms and heading through cover as the next lot started after her.


Every infantry attacking her either was blasted back or doubled over, covering their bleeding ears. The flamethrower rigs toppled over. The soldiers inside climbed out... and immediately saw Jenny saved some of their own from the falling shards.
They stood outside their collapsed rigs and looked on, before dropping their weapons and moving to treat their injured allies. They do not join the fight.

-12 light infantry
-3 armored infantry

28 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 17 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
3 armored infantry remain.
2 light vehicles remain.
5 tanks remain.
55 chargers remain.

The bulk of the army is still after Ulrich and the civilian.
>9 infantry fire their handguns at Ulrich. 10 light infantry fire their machine guns at Ulrich.
>3 armored infantry fire their miniguns at ulrich.
>2 light vehicles move ahead of Ulrich and fire their railguns at his shields.
>2 tanks took aim at Ulrich's shields and fired their cannons and missile launchers.

All infantry fighting Jenny broke off from the fight and are treating the injured.

A number of the army are still attacking Tatiana.
>7 light infantry fire their machine guns at Tatiana.
>1 tank is locking onto Tatiana.

The rest launched their attacks on Kolt.
>The two infantry with missile launchers fired a barrage of guided rockets at Kolt.
>1 tank filled the air with a barrage of scattered missiles.

The chargers are 68% of the way to the civilian.
"Reinforcements" arrive next turn.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3754
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris nodded, "I've got one. Are you a technopath controlling all of these bodies? According to my friend here you don't exhibit typical AI brain patterns. In fact they're much more similar to organic patterns. It kind of only leads to one thing unless you're trying to falsify brain patterns but I'm pretty sure that's a lot of work for relatively little gain.
If you don't want anyone to know, we won't tell."


----------

Ulrich upped the power of his gauntlets, letting both him and the civilian push their way through the army with more speed and gusto!
Again the shield deformed itself to deflect larger impacts away. Mainly the two tank rounds since the missile launchers had been removed from action.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:38 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt smirked at the tank firing missiles at him. It was cute what they were trying to do, filling the air with so many missiles that at least one was bound to hit him. The problem was that a single tank couldn’t provide enough missiles and angles to properly fill the air for that plan to work, so it would be easy for him wait for a gap to open between the missiles and fly through. If they had guided missiles, that’d be a problem, but as it was now, this was- *SHUNK SHUNK* Kolt turned around to see two infantrymen launch a couple of guided missiles at him.
This could cause some issues.
Yeah, that would require a bit of agility to deal with. Fortunately, Kolt had 15 years worth of dodging experience, so this should be a breeze. He rapidly fell towards the ground, dodging under the scatter missiles, then stopped his descent. He covered himself in another forcefield and flew through more of the chargers, zigging and zagging faster than the guided missiles could turn in order to make them crash into the robotic troops.

Lewis took a few sniffs of the smelling salts before his eyes shots open, and he clenched his nose to block out the smell. ”Aaaaah!! Kanzen Super Burst, I hate those!!!” He took a minute to get the awful smell out of his nose before turning to look at the Captain. ”So uh, what were we doing before I fell unconscious?”
”We were talking about how the ship got completely repaired in less than fifteen seconds.”
”Uggh, right.” Lewis shook his head. ”Honestly, the more I think about it, the less it surprises me. This universe has already murdered several basic laws of physics, I shouldn’t be surprised that conservation of mass was found lying face down in a ditch.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
This time Jenny was on the attack. The building was still some distance away from her and she was about to run into a squad of chargers. Which, she decided, would be the worse for them. Mindless automatons. She had no trouble turning her firepower on them. nothing living - or faux living - to hurt. This time she fired sonic attacks straight into the encroaching chargers before running in their direction, ready to fight them if need be, drawing her heavier pistol and firing one handed at them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Whatever we decide, Captain, I'd advise staying here for the time being," Corp stated. "Those of us who have abilities - including empathy - need to get used to them. This place seems the best place. Even if it is a madhouse.
And I'm not sure if I mean offence by that or not,
" he added to the nearest Hive drone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So... Is June safe to play with," Jaken asked. "I mean, she is only a day old. And a furry shark."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, well," Hannabelle said, "back to the grind. Oh, what did you do with the Medicant anyhow? Hopefully a prison in some inescapable dimension."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:50 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1142
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana was going to fire upon the chargers, to bring the natural bridge on top of them but with Kolt and Jenny down there she thought better of it, instead she started to charge another plasma shot. She hefted her rifle into the air and punched three heavy kinetic blasts, two at some of the remaining heavy infantry rigs and one at one of the light vehicles. She flinched lightly at the machine gun fire hitting her personal shields, gliding along the ground quickly, the longer her shields held the better. She brought her rifle down and aimed her plasma shot at the tank that was aimed at her, she didn't particularly like the look it was giving her. She let her shot fly.

Not even bothering to see what her shot did she flew somewhat closer to the tank, looking to see their surroundings, and if there was anything to take advantage of.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:56 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1998
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Chris nodded, "I've got one. Are you a technopath controlling all of these bodies? According to my friend here you don't exhibit typical AI brain patterns. In fact they're much more similar to organic patterns. It kind of only leads to one thing unless you're trying to falsify brain patterns but I'm pretty sure that's a lot of work for relatively little gain.
If you don't want anyone to know, we won't tell."


Hivemind was quiet for a moment. Then he responded. "You are correct in that assumption. The "Mind" in Hivemind, aka myself, is that of a human by the name of Solomon Cohen. While this isn't confidential information, it isn't common knowledge either, and I'd like to keep it that way if you don't mind. Now..." he spoke a little louder now, addressing the rest of the people gathered there. "Are there any other questions? I'm going to let you all inside in a moment. There are just a couple people still left testing."

Legotron123 Wrote:
Lewis took a few sniffs of the smelling salts before his eyes shots open, and he clenched his nose to block out the smell. ”Aaaaah!! Kanzen Super Burst, I hate those!!!” He took a minute to get the awful smell out of his nose before turning to look at the Captain. ”So uh, what were we doing before I fell unconscious?”
”We were talking about how the ship got completely repaired in less than fifteen seconds.”
”Uggh, right.” Lewis shook his head. ”Honestly, the more I think about it, the less it surprises me. This universe has already murdered several basic laws of physics, I shouldn’t be surprised that conservation of mass was found lying face down in a ditch.”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Whatever we decide, Captain, I'd advise staying here for the time being," Corp stated. "Those of us who have abilities - including empathy - need to get used to them. This place seems the best place. Even if it is a madhouse.
And I'm not sure if I mean offence by that or not,
" he added to the nearest Hive drone.


"None taken, either way." The other drone replied. "Though I have to warn you, that if you think things are insane now... You might want to save some smelling salts for when we get further inside."

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So... Is June safe to play with," Jaken asked. "I mean, she is only a day old. And a furry shark."


"As long as you are not visibly bleeding and you don't go into the water with her, it will be fine." Hivemind replied, placing a bandage on the small cut on his hand before leading him into the arcade where June was playing. "Go on ahead and have fun. Maybe you two can find a multiplayer game that doesn't have a luck element."

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah, well," Hannabelle said, "back to the grind. Oh, what did you do with the Medicant anyhow? Hopefully a prison in some inescapable dimension."


"Word from the wise: Never lock a criminal away in an inaccessible location. They WILL find a way to escape. I locked him in a prison known as the Mausoleum. Inside, he lies in stasis, frozen in time and absolutely surrounded by security until I figure out if there's a better way to deal with him."

-------------------------------

Quote:
28 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 17 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
3 armored infantry remain.
2 light vehicles remain.
5 tanks remain.
55 chargers remain.


Deske Wrote:
Ulrich upped the power of his gauntlets, letting both him and the civilian push their way through the army with more speed and gusto!
Again the shield deformed itself to deflect larger impacts away. Mainly the two tank rounds since the missile launchers had been removed from action.


Ulrich's accelerated pace allowed him to put more distance between himself and the chargers. He was almost to the target building.

No damage to enemies.

28 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 17 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
3 armored infantry remain.
2 light vehicles remain.
5 tanks remain.
55 chargers remain.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt smirked at the tank firing missiles at him. It was cute what they were trying to do, filling the air with so many missiles that at least one was bound to hit him. The problem was that a single tank couldn’t provide enough missiles and angles to properly fill the air for that plan to work, so it would be easy for him wait for a gap to open between the missiles and fly through. If they had guided missiles, that’d be a problem, but as it was now, this was- *SHUNK SHUNK* Kolt turned around to see two infantrymen launch a couple of guided missiles at him.
This could cause some issues.
Yeah, that would require a bit of agility to deal with. Fortunately, Kolt had 15 years worth of dodging experience, so this should be a breeze. He rapidly fell towards the ground, dodging under the scatter missiles, then stopped his descent. He covered himself in another forcefield and flew through more of the chargers, zigging and zagging faster than the guided missiles could turn in order to make them crash into the robotic troops.


Even more of the chargers exploded into pieces as Kolt flew through them, but not quite as many as when the missiles hit them. The explosive ordinance was not messing around, as they blasted every charger in a decent sized area.

-35 chargers.

28 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 17 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
3 armored infantry remain.
2 light vehicles remain.
5 tanks remain.
20 chargers remain.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
This time Jenny was on the attack. The building was still some distance away from her and she was about to run into a squad of chargers. Which, she decided, would be the worse for them. Mindless automatons. She had no trouble turning her firepower on them. nothing living - or faux living - to hurt. This time she fired sonic attacks straight into the encroaching chargers before running in their direction, ready to fight them if need be, drawing her heavier pistol and firing one handed at them.


Jenny's sonic blast took out most of the remaining chargers. The last one fell with a shot from her pistol.

-20 chargers.

28 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 17 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
3 armored infantry remain.
2 light vehicles remain.
5 tanks remain.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana was going to fire upon the chargers, to bring the natural bridge on top of them but with Kolt and Jenny down there she thought better of it, instead she started to charge another plasma shot. She hefted her rifle into the air and punched three heavy kinetic blasts, two at some of the remaining heavy infantry rigs and one at one of the light vehicles. She flinched lightly at the machine gun fire hitting her personal shields, gliding along the ground quickly, the longer her shields held the better. She brought her rifle down and aimed her plasma shot at the tank that was aimed at her, she didn't particularly like the look it was giving her. She let her shot fly.

Not even bothering to see what her shot did she flew somewhat closer to the tank, looking to see their surroundings, and if there was anything to take advantage of.


The first infantry rig toppled on it's back, but the second one braced itself and stood it's ground, having seen what Tatiana was doing. The light vehicle lost control and slammed into the side of a building. Three light infantry climbed out of their busted vehicles.

When the tank was hit by the charged shot, it's shields burst.

-1 armored infantry
-1 light vehicle
+3 light infantry
1 tank's shields are down

31 light infantry remain. 2 have heavy weapons. 20 have high powered machine guns. 9 have handguns.
2 armored infantry remain.
1 light vehicles remain.
5 tanks remain. 1 has shields down.

The units fighting Ulrich continue their assault.
> 9 infantry fire their handguns at Ulrich. 13 infantry fire their machine guns at Ulrich.
> 2 armored infantry fire their miniguns at Ulrich.
> 1 light vehicle is keeping pace with Ulrich and firing it's railgun at him.
> 2 tanks continue to bombard Ulrich with artillery-like missiles.

No one is fighting Jenny at the moment.

The units attacking Tatiana are still fighting her.
> 7 light infantry fire their machine guns at Tatiana.
> The tank has locked on to Tatiana. It fires a stream of two dozen guided missiles directly at her.

The attack on Kolt continues.
> 2 infantry fire more guided missiles at Kolt.
> The tank is locking on to Kolt.

The chargers are destroyed!
"Reinforcements" have arrived.

In the sky, two burning lights appeared. They streaked across the blue canvas like fireballs. On their current course, they would land in the forest. The burning objects rocketed down until they struck the ground, causing the arena to shake violently. The objects were two drop pods. They rested there for only a moment. Then, one of the pods began to turn cold. Ice coated it and made it brittle until finally the door burst off of it. The man inside, Arin Danson aka Cold Front, shot out of it. Laughing, he struck the ground and everything nearby froze. The trees, rocks, and ground were encased in a thick layer of ice. Grinning, he moved forward and gestured toward the group of champions. In an instant, the sunny day was gone, replaced with a sudden and frigid whiteout as snow dumped into the area in thick blankets, threatening to bury everything.

The second drop pod began to glow bright reddish-orange. It began to distort until the inhabitant, Dan Avihan aka Heatwave, simply stepped through the molten door. Halfheartedly brushing the metal off of him, he walked forward. The snow turned instantly to steam as it got close to him, and the ground where he stepped burned to glass. Frozen trees and objects he walked by shattered instantly as he casually made his way toward their target.

-------------------------------

"Nice. Sending in the big guns, aren't we?" The Gadgeteer said to Hivemind.
"Figure I can give them a sample of what it's like to fight a more traditional super-villain. One or two that aren't about to turn into a demigod."
"Ooh! This is exciting! What do you think of this, Traci?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3754
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich turned around and watched the pods as they blazed their trail across the sky and landed in the forest. He lifted an eyebrow when the snow fell, then another when he saw steam rising off in the distance. He pulled a hand out of a gauntlet and held it up to confirm that the air temperature was dropping. Once he and the civilian arrived at the building, he stuck his hand back in his gauntlet and opened up an exit in their shield plow before herding him into the building. Their chariot disappeared just as shielding on the windows of the building appeared. He placed a finger on his communicator, "Jenny do you want me to stay here with the target or do you need me out there?"

---------

Colorado and Denver chuckled, "We've got extra."

---------

Chris looked up at MT, "Good enough for me unless you've got more."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12692
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ah. Guid tae ken." Cailean nods as he pulls on his gloves. They're only thin latex but they'll do until he can get some more permanent ones sized to fit. He puts a spare pair in his pocket just in case and then takes Sarah's paw.
"Aye, Ah'm comin', hen." he replies, heading with her in the direction indicated by Hivemind.

With a nod of understanding and a promise to avoid summoning weapons, Conall passes the sword to his tester and then follows his companions.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt frowned as he looked upon the approaching villains. ”Guys, is it just me, or are their costumes way too detailed to just be generic simulation villains? I mean, those feel like they were based on people who exists in the real world.” He pointed out. He was about to fly in for a closer look when he heard another *SHUNK SHUNK* of missiles being launched and remembered, oh yeah, he was in the middle of a battle. He looked around for something to fly those missiles into. The tanks? No, he was pretty sure those were manned. Fly them through the heat guy’s aura, see if their circuits didn’t melt? No, if it was hot enough to melt their circuits, it was hot enough to get past his forcefields. He contemplated flying them through the forest again, when he noticed that the Ulrich and civilian had gotten to the safe spot. Excellent. ”FYI guys, Ulrich got the dude to the safe spot. I’m going to start wrecking some of the other buildings, blocking off the path. You might get out of the way.” He said, as he sped towards the buildings, occasionally slowing down to led the missiles catch up. Once he got closer to city, he started heading towards a building at the very edge of the artificial street, about half a block away from the safe zone. He flew until he was about a foot away from the building then abruptly stopped, before just as abruptly speeding upwards, putting a forcefield beneath him as the missiles slammed into the building.

”I agree with Corp. We need to sit down with your real body somewhere private, so we can properly discuss the housing situation, what training will be given to those with powers, and how we’re going to pay you for all this.” Liz said, her gaze glancing down to one of her gloved hands as she mentioned training.
Meanwhile, Lewis was just standing there, grumbling about how if this universe got any more insane he was going to flip, and how he totally meant that and wasn’t just venting his frustrations.

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"|Stick where you are, Ulrich," Jenny advised, "and work on those guys attacking you. |Tat, if you're going fast, head past me. I'll take the missiles on your tail and you can attack Ulriches lot from behind. We don't have enough info on these new guys to change the plan yet so, Kolt? After the property damage, come pick me up before Tat's playdates swamp me, eh?" She readied her hands to 'applaud' the missiles whilst keeping an eye out for any other attackers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nice to be right once in a while," Corp half joked before putting an arm on Lewis' shoulders. "And you'll cope," he said, "it's pretty much like being in a real life Super Santa thing. Or whatever those programs are called."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah walked over to the powered group with one handpaw in Conal's handpaw and her other arm around Cailean's upper back. Without realising it.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:45 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3649
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Yeah," Jaken said, walking with a slight skip in his step, "she can be my hat again!"

Buster Wrote:
Any door? this utility corridor must run under that facility then... convenient. giving nod in acknowledgement, Epsilon headed towards the nearest doorway she could see and headed through.


Hivemind led the two through the nearest portal door, moving across miles of space by taking one step. They emerged in the capitol district. The droid they were with took Jaken and headed toward the Arcade where June was playing while a second showed up to bring Epsilon down through the metropolitan city to the hospital.


There really wasn't much to say as the two headed for the hospital, Epsilon deciding the trip was perhaps not quite as convenient as previously assumed.

June on the other hand had been having fun hopping on colored pads in time to the arcade machine's music up until she spotted Jaken, at which point she hopped off the pad bolted over and gave him a massive hug.

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken hugged her back, laughing as he did so. "Oh, you reckon you're a good dancer, eh," the boy chuckled.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:44 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1142
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana nodded and sped off past Jenny, "Yeah, I'd rather not get frozen or have my shell melted. Can you take out the light weights Ulrich? I'll see how I can help." As she sped towards Ulrich she slammed into an armored infantry in an attempt to knock it down. Before anything else she stood in place and gave a kinetic blast to the light vehicle and proceeded to survey the area around Ulrich. As she looked over the area for targets she fired a volley of plasma at the other armored rig trying to either disable it or its minigun.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
After Tatiana flew by, Jenny brought her sonic ability to use on the following missiles, hitting them full in the face at best distance whilst still trying to keep them clear of their own troops.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:54 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1998
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Colorado and Denver chuckled, "We've got extra."

---------

Chris looked up at MT, "Good enough for me unless you've got more."


"At the moment, I have no questions. I am sure this will change soon." The mech stated.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I agree with Corp. We need to sit down with your real body somewhere private, so we can properly discuss the housing situation, what training will be given to those with powers, and how we’re going to pay you for all this.” Liz said, her gaze glancing down to one of her gloved hands as she mentioned training.
Meanwhile, Lewis was just standing there, grumbling about how if this universe got any more insane he was going to flip, and how he totally meant that and wasn’t just venting his frustrations.


Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Nice to be right once in a while," Corp half joked before putting an arm on Lewis' shoulders. "And you'll cope," he said, "it's pretty much like being in a real life Super Santa thing. Or whatever those programs are called."


"I am sorry, but nobody meets with my human body. In the past four years, two people have seen me. Both at the same time, and both were among my best friends." Hivemind said seriously. "It's for security reasons as well as personal ones. However, I will be happy to discuss the things you mentioned. In fact, some of them will be answered on the tour."

---------------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Ah. Guid tae ken." Cailean nods as he pulls on his gloves. They're only thin latex but they'll do until he can get some more permanent ones sized to fit. He puts a spare pair in his pocket just in case and then takes Sarah's paw.
"Aye, Ah'm comin', hen." he replies, heading with her in the direction indicated by Hivemind.

With a nod of understanding and a promise to avoid summoning weapons, Conall passes the sword to his tester and then follows his companions.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah walked over to the powered group with one handpaw in Conal's handpaw and her other arm around Cailean's upper back. Without realising it.


The droid led the three onward toward the larger group.

---------------------------------

Once everyone was by the door, Hivemind addressed the large gathering of Steelhaven survivors (and a few ghosts like Nocturl).

"Attention everyone. Now that everyone has completed their tests, I will let you into the interior of the ship. The first place we are going is a city known as the Capitol District. It is the largest city in the Beacon of Hope in terms of area, and easily in the top ten largest districts in terms of population. Ten million people live inside it, and that number grows frequently. As such, I built the city with the ability to expand, and thus it is where I am going to place your housing. The next thing you need to know is that the layout of the ship is intentionally non-intuitive. Many doors on this ship are actually dynamic portals that will take you where you want to go wherever that is, provided you are authorized to go there. The doors behind me are an example. Third, and this is probably the part you will not like but it's a rule I can't afford to make exceptions for, civilians are not allowed to possess lethal firearms. Thus, if you are carrying a firearm, it must be either turned in or permanently set to a non-lethal setting if it has one. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but this must be done before I can let you inside. There has never been a shooting on this ship and I don't intend to take the risk of it happening, even on accident."

---------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
There really wasn't much to say as the two headed for the hospital, Epsilon deciding the trip was perhaps not quite as convenient as previously assumed.


They got to the hospital fairly quickly, hopping through portal door kiosks as a shortcut. They got to the hospital and Hivemind handed Epsilon off to the hospital personnel, telling them what it was she needed. They took her and, once the next doctor was freed up, they began the treatment.

Buster Wrote:
June on the other hand had been having fun hopping on colored pads in time to the arcade machine's music up until she spotted Jaken, at which point she hopped off the pad bolted over and gave him a massive hug.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken hugged her back, laughing as he did so. "Oh, you reckon you're a good dancer, eh," the boy chuckled.


Hivemind had to hold back the urge to 'dawww!' at the scene before him. He decided to leave them be and simply watch and make sure things went well.

---------------------------------

The snow was falling hard. One minute in, and it was already a foot deep.

"Are they insane?! They'll bury us alive! Who hired these guys?"
"Get to shelter before we freeze to death!"

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich turned around and watched the pods as they blazed their trail across the sky and landed in the forest. He lifted an eyebrow when the snow fell, then another when he saw steam rising off in the distance. He pulled a hand out of a gauntlet and held it up to confirm that the air temperature was dropping. Once he and the civilian arrived at the building, he stuck his hand back in his gauntlet and opened up an exit in their shield plow before herding him into the building. Their chariot disappeared just as shielding on the windows of the building appeared. He placed a finger on his communicator, "Jenny do you want me to stay here with the target or do you need me out there?"

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt frowned as he looked upon the approaching villains. ”Guys, is it just me, or are their costumes way too detailed to just be generic simulation villains? I mean, those feel like they were based on people who exists in the real world.” He pointed out. He was about to fly in for a closer look when he heard another *SHUNK SHUNK* of missiles being launched and remembered, oh yeah, he was in the middle of a battle. He looked around for something to fly those missiles into. The tanks? No, he was pretty sure those were manned. Fly them through the heat guy’s aura, see if their circuits didn’t melt? No, if it was hot enough to melt their circuits, it was hot enough to get past his forcefields. He contemplated flying them through the forest again, when he noticed that the Ulrich and civilian had gotten to the safe spot. Excellent. ”FYI guys, Ulrich got the dude to the safe spot. I’m going to start wrecking some of the other buildings, blocking off the path. You might get out of the way.” He said, as he sped towards the buildings, occasionally slowing down to led the missiles catch up. Once he got closer to city, he started heading towards a building at the very edge of the artificial street, about half a block away from the safe zone. He flew until he was about a foot away from the building then abruptly stopped, before just as abruptly speeding upwards, putting a forcefield beneath him as the missiles slammed into the building.


The missiles hit two of the buildings and exploded, knocking out the walls they hit. The buildings still remained mostly upright however.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana nodded and sped off past Jenny, "Yeah, I'd rather not get frozen or have my shell melted. Can you take out the light weights Ulrich? I'll see how I can help." As she sped towards Ulrich she slammed into an armored infantry in an attempt to knock it down. Before anything else she stood in place and gave a kinetic blast to the light vehicle and proceeded to survey the area around Ulrich. As she looked over the area for targets she fired a volley of plasma at the other armored rig trying to either disable it or its minigun.


Tatiana was successful in knocking down the armored infantry, and her blast did hit the light vehicle, but did little more than shift from being stuck in the snow to being slightly dented and stuck in the snow. The infantry abandoned their vehicles and ran for shelter in the in-tact buildings, dropping their weapons and anything else that might weigh them down in the snow and wind.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
After Tatiana flew by, Jenny brought her sonic ability to use on the following missiles, hitting them full in the face at best distance whilst still trying to keep them clear of their own troops.


The missiles Jenny hit exploded midair. A couple of them shattered, apparently made into duds by the sudden extreme cold freezing their power supply.

The vehicles all stalled as they were quickly buried, or otherwise were unable to power through the thick and ever increasing blanket of snow. The people inside of them as well as the infantry abandoned what they were doing. They climbed out of their vehicles and raced to the remaining buildings, desperately looking for shelter. The last people to leave their vehicles were the people in the tanks, who felt the armored juggernauts would be able to handle it, but soon realized that the snow was going to quickly trap them inside. They too abandoned their tanks and ran for shelter.

The snow is a foot deep. The temperature is 0 degrees F (~-18 C)

Cold Front is completely invisible, obscured by the dense whiteout.
Cold Front is guarding Heat Wave.
Heat Wave is casually walking toward the target. He is 10% of the way to the Civilian's building.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3754
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"On it!" He was about to engage the enemies in front of him until they practically gave up and started running into the buildings to take cover from the snow. He turned his head to look out across the snow before realizing that the whiteout was so thick that he could barely see anything. He looked around before creating a small sphere of light in front of him. He touched it and it sent out a very thing string of light in a 360 degree arc around him, acting as sonar so that his gauntlets could lock on to any targets he was missing. Eventually it would make its way to their unseen enemies and back to him, providing him with a fairly accurate position of them. He pulled created a small sphere next to each of his teammates and explained that this pointed toward their main opposition or at least the rough 3-meter by 3-meter area they were occupying. Next he created an arrow that pointed to him, so that they could find their way to their rally point in the whiteout. He brought his arms up and rubbed them as the temperature fell, contemplating if the cold and heat could make it through his shields.

-------

"Agreed. Somehow I don't think that all of his answers are going to answer questions so much as bring up other questions."

-------

Denver flicked his eyes towards Colorado, Did you just....

Colorado gave him a sharp nod in response, I did.

The two fought back a grin, Cool.

They turned their attention back to Hivemind and listened to the rest of his speech, slightly disinterested in anything that didn't get them to sleep faster.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:55 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
While the suit Mythos had made wasn’t the best at stopping heat, it was good at blocking out cold, as Kolt barely felt the freezing temperature. He was about to try to finish knocking the building down, when he realized that it wouldn’t actually do anything to stop the two Capes, and in this weather, it was unlikely that anyone would be able to properly dodge any falling debris. He was wondering what he would do next, when Ulrich pipped up and revealed the location of the hidden ice user. ”Thanks Ulrich, that’s a huge help.” He radioed to the human. ”Jenny, I know you wanted me to pick you up, but I’m thinking this ice guy needs to go down first, otherwise we’re going to wind up buried.” He said, before following the light orb through the blizzard. He flew close to the ground, not sure if the ice user was as blind in this storm as they were......
....only to wind up smacking face first into the man he was looking for.

Liz frowned when Hivemind refused to meet them in person. ”O-Kay. I can’t really make you meet with us, but I’m not going to lie, it’s rather rude that, for all intents and purposes, you’re making us do these negotiations over a video chat.” She said, before shaking her head. ”But whatever, it’s your ship, you can do what you want. Let’s just get this Willy Wonks tour over with.”
Lewis stared at Corp for a few seconds before closing his eyes and sighing. ”It’s sentai. Ess eee en tee ay eye. It’s a Japanese word that can mean squadron, task force, regi-oh nevermind. Let’s just get on with this tour.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The Rait language has several words that don't translate well and Jenny used a few of them over the comms as Kolt engaged. "I can't use my powers to back you up, Kolt," she called loudly, "if you're near him any shot I fire off could hit you!" She grumbled after getting no response and pulled her guns again. "Tat, Ulrich, the priority is the citizen. Get him as deep into the building as you can. If they get to the building they'll have to come in! There'll be less chances for them to evade you in the corridors. I may not be fast enough to get to you first so I'm going for Kolt." She made her way, as best she could, towards the icons in her glasses. Boy, was it cold.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So noted," Corp advised. "And this universe does indeed have a bad sense of humour. I got empathy powers. ME."
Seena couldn't help but laugh at that. She tried to hide it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1998
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
"Agreed. Somehow I don't think that all of his answers are going to answer questions so much as bring up other questions."


MT gave a nod before listening to Hivemind. When the droid mentioned that lethal firearms would not be allowed inside, he decided to surrender his energy blade to be safe. "There is another weapon I have on my person, however it cannot be removed. It also cannot be used either as hard constraints prohibit me from accessing much more than basic information on it. I apologize, but there is not anything I can do about it."

Hivemind nodded. "We can discuss it later."

"Very well. I have other weapons as well. They are in the security office on the Steelhaven, mixed in a crate with my other personal items. I respectfully request that my personal items excluding armaments are moved to whatever residence you are providing me."

"Can do."

-----------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz frowned when Hivemind refused to meet them in person. ”O-Kay. I can’t really make you meet with us, but I’m not going to lie, it’s rather rude that, for all intents and purposes, you’re making us do these negotiations over a video chat.” She said, before shaking her head. ”But whatever, it’s your ship, you can do what you want. Let’s just get this Willy Wonks tour over with.”
Lewis stared at Corp for a few seconds before closing his eyes and sighing. ”It’s sentai. Ess eee en tee ay eye. It’s a Japanese word that can mean squadron, task force, regi-oh nevermind. Let’s just get on with this tour.”


"Trust me." the nearest hive droid said. "It is best this way. To be honest, I can't even speak. The only one I could ever speak around was my brother. I originally started building these robots in the first place because I could give them the neural structures required for socialization that I lacked."

-----------------------------

Once everyone with a weapon complied and either set their weapon to stun or handed it over, Hivemind continued. "All right, so I like to keep these things short so I'm going to mostly show you what you need to know on the way to your housing areas. You may follow me now." The large doors opened wide to admit the crowd of people. He led them through and they emerged in some sort of Courtyard. The bright sun and clear sky stretched over the surrounding buildings and skyscrapers. Champion tower, the tallest building in the city, stood before them. "Stick close everyone. Don't want to mix crowds." The area was fairly crowded and Hivemind didn't want anyone to get lost. "Welcome to the Capitol District. As I said before, this is the largest city on the Beacon. This is the courtyard for Champion Tower. It's the base of operations and quarters for our primary security force."

-----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"On it!" He was about to engage the enemies in front of him until they practically gave up and started running into the buildings to take cover from the snow. He turned his head to look out across the snow before realizing that the whiteout was so thick that he could barely see anything. He looked around before creating a small sphere of light in front of him. He touched it and it sent out a very thing string of light in a 360 degree arc around him, acting as sonar so that his gauntlets could lock on to any targets he was missing. Eventually it would make its way to their unseen enemies and back to him, providing him with a fairly accurate position of them. He pulled created a small sphere next to each of his teammates and explained that this pointed toward their main opposition or at least the rough 3-meter by 3-meter area they were occupying. Next he created an arrow that pointed to him, so that they could find their way to their rally point in the whiteout. He brought his arms up and rubbed them as the temperature fell, contemplating if the cold and heat could make it through his shields.

Legotron123 Wrote:
While the suit Mythos had made wasn’t the best at stopping heat, it was good at blocking out cold, as Kolt barely felt the freezing temperature. He was about to try to finish knocking the building down, when he realized that it wouldn’t actually do anything to stop the two Capes, and in this weather, it was unlikely that anyone would be able to properly dodge any falling debris. He was wondering what he would do next, when Ulrich pipped up and revealed the location of the hidden ice user. ”Thanks Ulrich, that’s a huge help.” He radioed to the human. ”Jenny, I know you wanted me to pick you up, but I’m thinking this ice guy needs to go down first, otherwise we’re going to wind up buried.” He said, before following the light orb through the blizzard. He flew close to the ground, not sure if the ice user was as blind in this storm as they were......
....only to wind up smacking face first into the man he was looking for.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The Rait language has several words that don't translate well and Jenny used a few of them over the comms as Kolt engaged. "I can't use my powers to back you up, Kolt," she called loudly, "if you're near him any shot I fire off could hit you!" She grumbled after getting no response and pulled her guns again. "Tat, Ulrich, the priority is the citizen. Get him as deep into the building as you can. If they get to the building they'll have to come in! There'll be less chances for them to evade you in the corridors. I may not be fast enough to get to you first so I'm going for Kolt." She made her way, as best she could, towards the icons in her glasses. Boy, was it cold.


Cold Front gave a shout when Kolt rammed straight into him. He regained his footing quickly, but the snow temporally stopped. "THAT. HURT!" Enraged, he pulled back before unleashing his absolute worst. The snow blasted at Kolt and the surrounding area with hurricane-force winds and -50 C temperature. Giant spikes of ice thrust themselves from the ground straight at Kolt from all directions below while icy spears rained down like bullets from all angles above in an unrelenting stream of deadly (were it not an illusion) shards.

Heat Wave continues to march toward the target. He is 20% of the way to the target and is at full health.
Cold Front is distracted by his fight with Kolt!

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1142
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana was about to had into the building when Kolt rammed into the ice guy, "Get in the building Ulrich, make sure the civilian is protected and doesn't get snowed in. Make some hard light snow shoes for Jenny too if you can." After saying that she activated her helmet eye lights and flew towards Heat Wave slightly, more to get a better view of him than anything, still staying a decent ways away, "Let's dance." She gripped her arms with her telekinesis and started punching rapid fire, heavy, kinetic punches at Heat Wave. While she could feel the strain on her shell, she wanted to end the most immediate threat to the prime objective as fast as possible with the opportunity presented by Kolt.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3754
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich gave Tatiana a nod, "That is a great idea." He retreated back into the building, building some basic snow shoes around Jenny's feet in the progress. After a few seconds of programming, a soft glow appeared around Jenny's feet and lifted her up until she was standing on top of the snow. "It'll take a second to get used to them, but just move like normal. They will keep you suspended above the lowest point below them. In this case, it's the snow." He grabbed some snow and packed it around his gauntlets, using it to drop their temperature. While not at worrisome levels, he wanted to keep them as low as possible before Heat Wave arrived.
With Kolt in such close proximity to Cold Front, his computers were able to gather more accurate positional data, shifting the sphere's slightly to better align themselves with Cold Front's actual position. Diverting power from his own shields, the one's he had formed around Kolt held well against the ice, extending outwards slightly to meet the ice and shatter it when it got in range. The wind had little effect against them since they were tied to Kolt and if Kolt didn't move, they wouldn't either. The cold was slightly hindered by the insulating property of light based structures, reaching a toasty -30C instead of the outsides -50C. It was cold, but it was better than being outside of his sphere of protection.

----------

Colorado pushed Seena through the doors, eyes widening as he saw the Capitol in all of it's grandeur. "Well it sure fits the description," he said to himself.

----------

Denver stuck near the Captain, Lewis and Corp, letting his counterpart have personal time with thei- his love.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt was about to raise a dome to block the ice, but stopped when Ulrich raises some shields to do it for him. ”Thanks big guy!” He called out, before turning his attention back to Cold Front. He shot two forcefield tendrils out towards the hotheaded ice user, grabbing his wrists and forcing him closer. Once he was close enough, Kolt dispelled the tendrils and socked him with a psionically boosted uppercut to the jaw, then used another forcefield to force him onto the ground. Before the villain had a chance to get up, Kolt but his foot on the humans chest and glared at him. ”Call. Off. The storm.”

”Oh, are you disabled?” Liz asked, misinterpreting what Hivemind meant. That would explain why you’re so insistent on not going to the meeting yourself. You physically can’t.”

”Wait, you have multiple cities on this ship?” Lewis asked, sounding a bit perplexed. ”Why? I mean, I get the psychological benefits of having a more open space so people don’t feel cramped, heck, it’s why the Steelhaven dedicated so much space to our mall, but at some point the benefits you get from having a nice blue sky above you aren’t worth the space wasted to get it. It’d actually be a better use of space if you made a full sized Lego replica of this ship.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"At least it proves I'm not a leader," Jenny muttered to herself as she trudged towards the Fire villain. She had to give him priority as, as she'd told the others, the Citizen was the important thing and the fire starter was the danger. "Leaders battle plans don't survive contact with the enemy," she continued, "mine didn't survive contact with my own team." She thnked Ulrich for the snowshoes - which looked suspiciously like tennis rackets - and closed in on the target, readying her pistols. She made a mental note to come back and swipe the light vehicle she was just passing as soon as they could. Its firepower might be useful when it could move.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, let's go," Corp said, readying to leave the hanger until a thought hit him. "One moment." He activated his comms. "Computer," he said, "access code Delta Whiskey Tango.
Full encryption, all command codes. Authorisation Davidstow 4291 Delta 7 Alpha.
"
<Confirmed,> the computer replied. <Command Officer authorisation required.>
Corp looked to the Captain.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I... think they still need Doctors," Seena said, half in shock. "If they don't need communications specialists perhaps I can get a job as a Doctor's receptionist?"
"I've got the Nurse job," Doris said, rolling up in her chair. She looked over to the main group. "Andy, stop that! It's rude," she told her son, who was putting his arm through Nocturl's leg whist the ghost chatted with one of the other spirits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Looks like I'm packing up my stall and going back to watch that dreadful morning program you make, Hive," Hannabelle chided. "What you have against Horror films and Celican Sports I don't know."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:16 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12692
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"Third, and this is probably the part you will not like but it's a rule I can't afford to make exceptions for, civilians are not allowed to possess lethal firearms. Thus, if you are carrying a firearm, it must be either turned in or permanently set to a non-lethal setting if it has one. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but this must be done before I can let you inside. There has never been a shooting on this ship and I don't intend to take the risk of it happening, even on accident."

Cailean pulls the small energy pistol he'd almost forgotten he had from his satchel and looks at it, confused. He's still not had the chance to practise with it or use it.
"Um, Sarah, haow dae Ah..." Keeping his finger well clear of the trigger just to be safe, he thumbs the safety uncertainly, hoping it's the right switch, ironically switching it on.
"Ah've still nae had th' chance tae learn haow tae use this properly..." he apologises. "Why didnae they label this?"

CyberDragon Wrote:
"Welcome to the Capitol District. As I said before, this is the largest city on the Beacon. This is the courtyard for Champion Tower. It's the base of operations and quarters for our primary security force."

Cailean looks up at the tower and the sky beyond, impressed. A nudge from Conall brings him back to "Earth" and reminds him to translate Hivemind's words into sign.
"What dae ye think of it, Sarah?" the older dog asks.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1998
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”Oh, are you disabled?” Liz asked, misinterpreting what Hivemind meant. That would explain why you’re so insistent on not going to the meeting yourself. You physically can’t.”


"While I don't like to refer to it as a disability... technically that is what it is. I was born with certain areas of my brain being underdeveloped. You can consider these robots to be a sort of prosthetic."

------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Wait, you have multiple cities on this ship?” Lewis asked, sounding a bit perplexed. ”Why? I mean, I get the psychological benefits of having a more open space so people don’t feel cramped, heck, it’s why the Steelhaven dedicated so much space to our mall, but at some point the benefits you get from having a nice blue sky above you aren’t worth the space wasted to get it. It’d actually be a better use of space if you made a full sized Lego replica of this ship.”


"20,000,000 cubic miles. That is the external volume of the ship. Inside, it's even bigger than that. I need multiple cities because we take in a lot of people from a lot of different species with a lot of different needs. Some species might be five inches tall while others are fifty feet. Some can't survive in temperatures above 0 C while others can't handle anything under 100 C. Some only breath water while others refuse to touch ground because of the presence of predators on their planet. In short, I need to be able to accommodate anyone we pick up, and sometimes there isn't time to prepare." With that question answered, the droid lead the group into the main building of Champion tower.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I... think they still need Doctors," Seena said, half in shock. "If they don't need communications specialists perhaps I can get a job as a Doctor's receptionist?"
"I've got the Nurse job," Doris said, rolling up in her chair. She looked over to the main group. "Andy, stop that! It's rude," she told her son, who was putting his arm through Nocturl's leg whist the ghost chatted with one of the other spirits.


As they walked, Hivemind continued to answer questions. "We are always looking for medical personnel, especially considering the hazardous job the Champions have. As for communications specialists, if I can't find a job for you someone else might. There are plenty of companies that will need your skills."

They entered into the food court as it was on their way through the tower as they walked to the lobby. "This is one of many places you can go to get some food. The court in Champion Tower is open to the public. If you want something higher quality or more specialized, you can buy it at the restaurants around here. If you are short on money, you get three free meals a day at the Public Kitchen over there. It's not gourmet but it's not bad either." They continued through the court to the lobby. A number of Champions in uniforms were going about their business. They would inevitably look very odd to the Steelhaven residents who come from a universe where aliens have not been discovered, as many of the people in the lobby looked nothing like anything on earth. They came in all shapes and sizes, and some of them looked like they weren't even made of any kind of known physical substance.

------------------------------

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana was about to had into the building when Kolt rammed into the ice guy, "Get in the building Ulrich, make sure the civilian is protected and doesn't get snowed in. Make some hard light snow shoes for Jenny too if you can." After saying that she activated her helmet eye lights and flew towards Heat Wave slightly, more to get a better view of him than anything, still staying a decent ways away, "Let's dance." She gripped her arms with her telekinesis and started punching rapid fire, heavy, kinetic punches at Heat Wave. While she could feel the strain on her shell, she wanted to end the most immediate threat to the prime objective as fast as possible with the opportunity presented by Kolt.


Heat wave immediately guarded himself and managed to keep his ground, though the harsh blasts from Tatiana's kinetic attacks were clearly wearing on him. As soon as he saw an opening, Heat Wave countered by thrusting his arms forward. Flames engulfed him and pulsed through his arms until they were unleashed in a massive apocalyptic vortex of fire which vaporized the earth beneath it and turned all of the nearby soil to glass. The vortex of fire shot forward toward Tatiana at an alarming rate.

Heat Wave: -50 HP

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich gave Tatiana a nod, "That is a great idea." He retreated back into the building, building some basic snow shoes around Jenny's feet in the progress. After a few seconds of programming, a soft glow appeared around Jenny's feet and lifted her up until she was standing on top of the snow. "It'll take a second to get used to them, but just move like normal. They will keep you suspended above the lowest point below them. In this case, it's the snow." He grabbed some snow and packed it around his gauntlets, using it to drop their temperature. While not at worrisome levels, he wanted to keep them as low as possible before Heat Wave arrived.
With Kolt in such close proximity to Cold Front, his computers were able to gather more accurate positional data, shifting the sphere's slightly to better align themselves with Cold Front's actual position. Diverting power from his own shields, the one's he had formed around Kolt held well against the ice, extending outwards slightly to meet the ice and shatter it when it got in range. The wind had little effect against them since they were tied to Kolt and if Kolt didn't move, they wouldn't either. The cold was slightly hindered by the insulating property of light based structures, reaching a toasty -30C instead of the outsides -50C. It was cold, but it was better than being outside of his sphere of protection.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt was about to raise a dome to block the ice, but stopped when Ulrich raises some shields to do it for him. ”Thanks big guy!” He called out, before turning his attention back to Cold Front. He shot two forcefield tendrils out towards the hotheaded ice user, grabbing his wrists and forcing him closer. Once he was close enough, Kolt dispelled the tendrils and socked him with a psionically boosted uppercut to the jaw, then used another forcefield to force him onto the ground. Before the villain had a chance to get up, Kolt but his foot on the humans chest and glared at him. ”Call. Off. The storm.”


Cold Front spit out a tooth. With a yell of "NEVER!" He launched his left hand up at Kolt's face. His aim, aside from dropping the temperature inside of the shield to an absurd -100 C, was to target the water in Kolt's eyes specifically and turn it all to sharp, jagged ice. At the same time, Cold Front encased his arm in a saber of ice that he shoved at the leg Kolt was pinning him down with. In hindsight, getting so close to the highly dangerous living natural disaster that he is now inside of one's protective shields is perhaps not the best plan.

Cold Front: -50 HP

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"At least it proves I'm not a leader," Jenny muttered to herself as she trudged towards the Fire villain. She had to give him priority as, as she'd told the others, the Citizen was the important thing and the fire starter was the danger. "Leaders battle plans don't survive contact with the enemy," she continued, "mine didn't survive contact with my own team." She thnked Ulrich for the snowshoes - which looked suspiciously like tennis rackets - and closed in on the target, readying her pistols. She made a mental note to come back and swipe the light vehicle she was just passing as soon as they could. Its firepower might be useful when it could move.


Summary:

Heat Wave is 20% toward the target.
Heat Wave is being held up by Tatiana.
Cold Front is distracted by Kolt.
The snow is a foot deep. The whiteout has slowed while Cold Front is occupied.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3754
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
A melee attack was all Ulrich needed to ensure that his shields had the accuracy necessary to provide their own CQC benefits. A band of light appeared around the hand Cold Front had reached towards Kolts face with. It swiftly dragged it back towards the ground, practically latching itself to the Earth, but not before the damage to Kolt had already been done. A small portion of the shield lit up as it took the impact of Cold Front's ice encased fist before returning the favor with another band of light that dragged the hand back towards the ground. They tightened just enough to be painful to discourage further action, but not enough to be outright dangerous.

Tatiana's shields bore the brunt of the flames power, insulating her slightly against the heat and deflecting it around her. Due to no attempts at physical contact by Heat Wave, though, it was unable to provide further assistance in stopping him.

----------

"It's been a while since I've wanted to sniff everything around me," Denver commented offhandedly upon seeing all of the various aliens.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3649
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken hugged her back, laughing as he did so. "Oh, you reckon you're a good dancer, eh," the boy chuckled.


"Is that what that is?" June asks with a laugh, "I was just having fun making it flash colors. It's a lot more interesting than the other game." when she says 'other game' she points at an arcade box for a port of a ghost hunting game. Currently the high scores are on the screen. June's is kind of glitching, like it's having trouble fitting on screen, one of the numbers is overlapping the edge of the box...
Code:
Jun 4[294 967 295]
M2   [ 15 442 170]
AAA  [ 11 224 805]
DED  [  5 771 100]
SMS  [  5 770 980]
Pcu  [  2 880 455]
Lgi  [  1 766 995]
DK   [    962 785]
Lnk  [    773 465]
Mro  [    400 515]


"Hey, do you want to play?"

- - - - - - - - -

"I wouldn't bother with that." Epsilon states when she notices one of the doctors getting a dose of anesthetic ready. Tapping the side of her head she adds, "Adrenal implant will just kick in and wake everything back up."

- - - - - - - - -

Since the door to the training room is locked and she can't join in, noticing there is a weapon other than hers returned to the rack Kol decides to follow the owner's scent, and quickly finds her way to the observation area where the other team andthe new girlhave been watching.

She makes a frustrated sound when she notices the state of the training room.

"Aww... it looks like home in there..."

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:42 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1142
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana had half a mind to fall back, but with Ulrich's shield holding the flames at bay, for at least a moment she couldn't let a prime opportunity to fall through her fingers. She shifted in the air, pouring kinetic energy into her right leg, the fire may be able to swallow buildings and maybe even plasma, but she doubted it could swallow a wave of pure kinetic force. She steeled herself and kicked. A crack formed in her shell's leg, rocketing her back as far as Ulrich and the civilian as a heavy wave of kinetic force, similar to the ones she used against the Mech Pilot, rocketed out of her leg and into the center of the fire vortex, hurtling straight for Heat Wave at grand speed.

Tatiana groaned on the ground, not far from the Civilians hide out, "Thanks for the shields Ulrich... I really need to get a sturdier shell..."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9419
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny took up position to the left of the melee as Tatiana engaged Heat Wave and pulled her pulse rifle around, thanking the stars that it, like her other weapons, was lightweight or she'd still be sinking into the snow, despite the snowshoes. She took aim and fired several shots on the heavy stun setting, ready to change the settings if need be. She couldn't help but wish Kol were here to back Kolt up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's a good score," Jaken said, nodding his head. "For a... one day old," he quantified, choosing his words. "And sure, I'll play. Not the, uh, ghost hunter thing. I just met one and he was, uh, fun. For a guy who'd just died. It wouldn't feel right."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah, still with her arm around Cailean, looked out over the main city in a kind of awe. "It's bigg'r than Donny," she said, meaning Doncaster, an' Glasgow put t'geth'r," she said after making sure Cailean correctly safeguarded the gun
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Make sure you choose the right parts to sniff," Corp advised. "You're going to need to read up on anatomies again."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3754
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The doctor shrugged in return, "I guess. I'm pretty sure I can make more copies of myself to read up on each type. We'll all gain the information at the same time since we share some sort of mental link. Then there'll be a bunch of me who know all of the information. Shouldn't be too hard."

---------

Ulrich jogged over to Tatiana and reached out a hand with a grin, "No problem. That is my job!"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 64  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CyberDragon and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.